A huge flaw in christianity....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#201 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] I'm still standing. :)Messiahbolical-

Doesn't prove anything, they have internet everywhere these days even in hell, does it run over firewire down there?

lol It at least proves that if god exists, he doesn't have enough balls to make my wish come true and strike me down where I am. If he could prove himself to me, then I'd follow him. But I'll never follow anyone who wont even show his face to me. I figure if I'm going to base my whole life on him, I AT LEAST deserve 5 measly minutes of his time... right? If he can't even give me that, then he's not worth my time.

he isnt a genie champ

xfxfxfanatikx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 xfxfxfanatikx
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts

[QUOTE="xfxfxfanatikx"]

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"] He believes in the same God that Christians do. The main differences are the rituals that each group performs. Most religions believe in "one" god, or higher being. It's the same God.whitetiger3521

FYI

Just because a doctrine/belief system states God is ONE does not make their concept of God the same as the Islamic concept of God.

There is a lot more to it.

But concerning Judaism and Christianity it's a whole new story which I do not wish to "hi-jack" this thread for.

Islam and Judaism are very similair. They both believe in ONE God and the same God. They both believe in the prophets of the Old Testament, The 10 commandments and so forth. Only big difference is that Islam believes that Jesus is the messiah and Muhammad is a prophet, While Judaism does not believe in either person.

Not the same God.

If this is what Judaism teaches, then no - not the same God:

The bible says that God gets tired and needs to rest to be refreshed.
InGenesis 2-3it says:"And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because in it Herested from all the work of creating that He had done."
InExodus 31-17it says:"...for in six days the lord made heaven and earth, and on theseventh day he rested, and was refreshed."

Like I said concerning the Islamic viewpoint of Judaism and Christianity is a whole new story.

There is a difference in saying that Muslims, Jews and Christians are attempting to worship the same Divine Being, The Supreme Being - The Creator.

But to say that all three religions have the "same" concept of God in saying that it is the "same" God is incorrect.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

he isnt a genie champ

chaoscougar1
What's your point? My point still stands. lol I'll never bow down to a faceless god.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

he isnt a genie champ

Messiahbolical-

What's your point? My point still stands. lol I'll never bow down to a faceless god.

I agree..

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#205 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

[QUOTE="xfxfxfanatikx"]

FYI

Just because a doctrine/belief system states God is ONE does not make their concept of God the same as the Islamic concept of God.

There is a lot more to it.

But concerning Judaism and Christianity it's a whole new story which I do not wish to "hi-jack" this thread for.

xfxfxfanatikx

Islam and Judaism are very similair. They both believe in ONE God and the same God. They both believe in the prophets of the Old Testament, The 10 commandments and so forth. Only big difference is that Islam believes that Jesus is the messiah and Muhammad is a prophet, While Judaism does not believe in either person.

Not the same God.

If this is what Judaism teaches, then no - not the same God:

The bible says that God gets tired and needs to rest to be refreshed.
InGenesis 2-3it says:"And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because in it Herested from all the work of creating that He had done."
InExodus 31-17it says:"...for in six days the lord made heaven and earth, and on theseventh day he rested, and was refreshed."

Like I said concerning the Islamic viewpoint of Judaism and Christianity is a whole new story.

There is a difference in saying that Muslims, Jews and Christians are attempting to worship the same Divine Being, The Supreme Being - The Creator.

But to say that all three religions have the "same" concept of God in saying that it is the "same" God is incorrect.

A better word to be used was "ceased" God ceased the creation on the seventh day and made it holy. The ten commadments is the holy law of God and is included one form or another in the Torah, Gospel and Quran.Now if they weren't the same God then the ten commandments wouldn't be in there.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Biggest flaw in Christianity...

• If Gods the creator of all, who made God?
  • If everything is a part of "Gods plan" why do we get judged?
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#207 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

People who do not know about God, do not go to hell because they have no choice about what they are taught.

Osama bin laden was never taught about god, so does that mean that he is going to heaven?

mr_poodles123
Your logic is flawed. No choice and not having enough information are NOT the same.
whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 whitetiger3521

Grey_Eyed_Elf

God created time and doesn't need a beginning, God has always existed in eternity. You get judged because you are human, knowing good and evil.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]

whitetiger3521

God created time and doesn't need a beginning, God has always existed in eternity. You get judged because you are human, knowing good and evil.

What is God?

EDIT: Doesn't the bible say:

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God..."

BUT

... At the same time say jelousy is a sin?

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 whitetiger3521

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]

Grey_Eyed_Elf

What is God?

God is thecreator of the universe and everything that is in it.

fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 fbstar57
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]

Grey_Eyed_Elf

What is God?

EDIT: Doesn't the bible say:

"You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God..."

BUT

... At the same time say jelousy is a sin?

God doesn't sin. His jealousy is righteous. Our jealously is selfishand thus sinful.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"][QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

whitetiger3521

What is God?

No, not what did he do. What is he?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

whitetiger3521

What is God?

Did he create hell then?

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
God doesn't sin. His jealousy is righteous. Our jealously is selfishand thus sinful.fbstar57
God sins; he just (terribly) justifies his sinfulness. Or is this double standard supposed to be righteous, too?
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#215 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

whitetiger3521

What is God?

And how did we come to this conclusion?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 tenaka2

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"] What is God?Rougehunter

An old book says so.

fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 fbstar57

[QUOTE="fbstar57"]God doesn't sin. His jealousy is righteous. Our jealously is selfishand thus sinful.scorch-62
God sins; he just (terribly) justifies his sinfulness. Or is this double standard supposed to be righteous, too?

By biblical definition, sin is transgression against God or rebellion against God. Explain to me how God is sinning against himself. The creator and king of the universe has the right to do as He wants. There is no double standard. Us humans just think that we deserve things that we do not.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#218 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

People who do not know about God, do not go to hell because they have no choice about what they are taught.

Osama bin laden was never taught about god, so does that mean that he is going to heaven?

mr_poodles123

The Bible says that even people who have grown up in such an environment still have no excuse because God has made himself evident in nature.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
must...not...flame...about...religion He probably knew well about god, but I'm pretty sure christianity doesn't care if they know or not, if they don't follow they burn for eternity, that is why you get those people who try to convert and 'spread the word', so innocent people don't go to hell...flawless logic
fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 fbstar57

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

tenaka2

An old book says so.

There are many arguments for a god other than the Christian Bible.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#221 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]And how did we come to this conclusion?

fbstar57

An old book says so.

There are many arguments for a god other than the Christian Bible.

I'm a big fan of St. Thomas Aquinas's Third Way for the existence of God. I wrote an 8 page paper on that one argument. But I agree using the bible as proof of the existence of God is not very good.
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Rougehunter

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

tenaka2

An old book says so.

How do we know the old book's contents are true?

fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 fbstar57

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Rougehunter

An old book says so.

His answer was a sarcastic one. If you really want to know evidence that contributes to people claiming the Christian Bible as true it's very easy to Google it.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 tenaka2

[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]

Ok, so here is my logic:

J-man45

The Bible says that even people who have grown up in such an environment still have no excuse because God has made himself evident in nature.

I agree, typhoid, malaria and cancer have convinced me on the greatness of god.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

Rougehunter
Easy. The book states that its contents are true.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Rougehunter

An old book says so.

The book itself tells us its true.

fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 fbstar57

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

An old book says so.

tenaka2

I know you're just trolling and using a circular reasoning argument. There are other evidences besides the circular logic you are making fun of.
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Rougehunter

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

An old book says so.

fbstar57

His answer was a sarcastic one. If you really want to know evidence that contributes to people claiming the Christian Bible as true it's very easy to Google it.

I know :P. Was just playing along with it. On a serious note though there are facts behind some stories from the bible but what can possibly explain the origin of the universe when people in those times thought the Earth was all there was?

fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 fbstar57

[QUOTE="fbstar57"][QUOTE="Rougehunter"]How do we know the old book's contents are true?

Rougehunter

I know :P. Was just playing along with it. On a serious note though there are facts behind some stories from the bible but what can possibly explain the origin of the universe when people in those times thought the Earth was all there was?

I don't quite understand the question. How does an explanation for the origin of the universe and the knowledge of the people thousands of years ago correlate? Maybe you can rephrase it so I can better understand and take a shot at it?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]How do we know the old book's contents are true?

fbstar57

I know you're just trolling and using a circular reasoning argument. There are other evidences besides the circular logic you are making fun of.

I am not trolling as its the usual christian arguement. Please provide 1 piece of evidence of the existance of god. Please don't say 'rainbows' or that everything is so fab you can't imagine its natural.

fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 fbstar57

[QUOTE="fbstar57"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

I am not trolling as its the usual christian arguement. Please provide 1 piece of evidence of the existance of god. Please don't say 'rainbows' or that everything is so fab you can't imagine its natural.

So then you are just making fun of Christians. Are you asking for evidence for the existence of a god or for evidence that the Christian Bible is true?
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 scorch-62

[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="fbstar57"]God doesn't sin. His jealousy is righteous. Our jealously is selfishand thus sinful.fbstar57

By biblical definition, sin is transgression against God or rebellion against God. Explain to me how God is sinning against himself. The creator and king of the universe has the right to do as He wants. There is no double standard. Us humans just think that we deserve things that we do not.

God supposedly created us in his image. So you're saying that he's punishing us for all of the things he hates about himself.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="fbstar57"] I know you're just trolling and using a circular reasoning argument. There are other evidences besides the circular logic you are making fun of.fbstar57

So then you are just making fun of Christians. Are you asking for evidence for the existence of a god or for evidence that the Christian Bible is true?

I am not making fun of Christians, parts of the bible are obviously true however most parts are not. The Bible can be a good morality guide for those that don't have a moral compass. But I do take issue with those that take the bible literally.

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Rougehunter

[QUOTE="Rougehunter"]

[QUOTE="fbstar57"] His answer was a sarcastic one. If you really want to know evidence that contributes to people claiming the Christian Bible as true it's very easy to Google it.fbstar57

I don't quite understand the question. How does an explanation for the origin of the universe and the knowledge of the people thousands of years ago correlate? Maybe you can rephrase it so I can better understand and take a shot at it?

There was time where people only thought that the Earth, moon, and the sun was all there is, nothing else but those 3. Have can they explain the story of everything when the world they were living in consisted of only 3 bodies.

fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 fbstar57
[QUOTE="fbstar57"]

[QUOTE="scorch-62"] God sins; he just (terribly) justifies his sinfulness. Or is this double standard supposed to be righteous, too?scorch-62

God supposedly created us in his image. So you're saying that he's punishing us for all of the things he hates about himself.

The Bible teaches that he created us in his image. We were meant to be in a perfect relationship with him. However Adam and Eve messed up fell to sin. Sin is an imperfection and God is supposedly perfect so we can not have relationship with him unless the sin is taken care of. That was done by Jesus of Nazareth. Perfection does not hate itself for perfection is perfect. Here's an illustration (it's not perfect but it works on some level): We like a computer program that God created. We were meant to do this one thing but somehow a bug got into the system. Yes God created us to do something but we aren't currently doing it.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 tenaka2

[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="fbstar57"]

fbstar57

The Bible teaches that he created us in his image. We were meant to be in a perfect relationship with him. However Adam and Eve messed up fell to sin. Sin is an imperfection and God is supposedly perfect so we can not have relationship with him unless the sin is taken care of. That was done by Jesus of Nazareth. Perfection does not hate itself for perfection is perfect. Here's an illustration (it's not perfect but it works on some level): We like a computer program that God created. We were meant to do this one thing but somehow a bug got into the system. Yes God created us to do something but we aren't currently doing it.

Why does god have a tail bone, an appendix that often bursts and a mind that loses its edge in old age?

fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 fbstar57

[QUOTE="fbstar57"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

I am not making fun of Christians, parts of the bible are obviously true however most parts are not. The Bible can be a good morality guide for those that don't have a moral compass. But I do take issue with those that take the bible literally.

I agree with most of this. Personally I do not see how one can believe in an inerrant in it's current day form. I believe that in general most of the bible is true or that some stories that may have been meant to be allegorical have been misconstrued to be made to seem as literal. So if I don't believe that the Bible is 100% fact you might wonder why I believe at all. To be honest, I do see a lot of logical evidence for the belief and I think that the Bible is mostly true, but the mainly I've just experienced things in my life that I cannot deny and that I honestly believe are God. I have felt his presence and him moving and everything about Jesus has been affirmed in my mind. Because of that, I can overlook challenges that I face in not understanding the logic of scripture. I still seek to try to understand and learn and I get hung up on a lot of things but I can't deny experience.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="fbstar57"] So then you are just making fun of Christians. Are you asking for evidence for the existence of a god or for evidence that the Christian Bible is true?fbstar57

I agree with most of this. Personally I do not see how one can believe in an inerrant in it's current day form. I believe that in general most of the bible is true or that some stories that may have been meant to be allegorical have been misconstrued to be made to seem as literal. So if I don't believe that the Bible is 100% fact you might wonder why I believe at all. To be honest, I do see a lot of logical evidence for the belief and I think that the Bible is mostly true, but the mainly I've just experienced things in my life that I cannot deny and that I honestly believe are God. I have felt his presence and him moving and everything about Jesus has been affirmed in my mind. Because of that, I can overlook challenges that I face in not understanding the logic of scripture. I still seek to try to understand and learn and I get hung up on a lot of things but I can't deny experience.

I respect and appreciate this.

fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 fbstar57

[QUOTE="fbstar57"][QUOTE="Rougehunter"]I know :P. Was just playing along with it. On a serious note though there are facts behind some stories from the bible but what can possibly explain the origin of the universe when people in those times thought the Earth was all there was?

Rougehunter

There was time where people only thought that the Earth, moon, and the sun was all there is, nothing else but those 3. Have can they explain the story of everything when the world they were living in consisted of only 3 bodies.

I don't have all of the answers and I don't even know if this is correct. But essentially I think they pretty much just said "God did it." Now that we know much more about science we can somewhat trace the history of the universe fairly far back to a "first cause." It's possible that that first cause is indeed God and that it is possible that God did actually do it. I don't know how the people thousands of years ago came up with the idea that God did it. Maybe He really did tell them through prophets or something or maybe they just completely made it up. I don't really know. But I think that it is possible that somehow God did do it and is the first cause. I don't really know. I'm sure something on google or a book could explain better than that.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 tenaka2

I don't have all of the answers and I don't even know if this is correct. But essentially I think they pretty much just said "God did it." Now that we know much more about science we can somewhat trace the history of the universe fairly far back to a "first cause." It's possible that that first cause is indeed God and that it is possible that God did actually do it. I don't know how the people thousands of years ago came up with the idea that God did it. Maybe He really did tell them through prophets or something or maybe they just completely made it up. I don't really know. But I think that it is possible that somehow God did do it and is the first cause. I don't really know. I'm sure something on google or a book could explain better than that.fbstar57

Your a great example for christians.

fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 fbstar57

[QUOTE="fbstar57"][QUOTE="scorch-62"] God supposedly created us in his image. So you're saying that he's punishing us for all of the things he hates about himself.tenaka2

Why does god have a tail bone, an appendix that often bursts and a mind that loses its edge in old age?

No idea honestly. Off the top of my head I think a possible explanation could be that we are created in God's image in "spiritual" "mental" type sense as opposed to a physical one which I would argue is what makes the most sense as I feel that apes look similar to us but are not told that they are made in God's image. Many scientists and professors assume that those body parts are vestigial. They very well may be right which I would think supports evolution theory and my thoughts that our creation in God's image is not necessarily a physical one. Also, I believe that scripture teaches we will have new perfect bodies in heaven. I'm not sure exactly what that is but I would think that these new bodies would be more similar to what God is actually like.
fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 fbstar57

tenaka2

I appreciate that. I'm not perfect but I do my best. I've had incredible things happen in my life and I like to share and think things through. I wish everyone could experience the things that I have but I know that that is not possible and not everyone will be open to God but I still think that we can all work together to love. I just can't stand people throwing up ignorant statements or discriminating against each other (which I think a lot of christians do as well as nonchristians. Maybe more so.). People have misconstrued so many different things to create so many unnecessary problems it's ridiculous. I'd prefer if we could all just have normal discussion and talk things through, sharing ideas and bringing different things to the table instead of hating each other and being closed minded. Jesus teaches that all laws can be summarized pretty much as "Love God and Love Others" and I don't think we do that enough. This world could use a lot more love in it. A pastor I knew once said "Love God, Embrace Beauty, and Live Life to the Fullest" and I've kind of just adopted that as a life motto as well as trying to be an example of love and kindness. I think if everyone in the world chose to "Love Everyone, Embrace Beauty, and Live Life to the Fullest" the world would be a much better place.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

fbstar57

I appreciate that. I'm not perfect but I do my best. I've had incredible things happen in my life and I like to share and think things through. I wish everyone could experience the things that I have but I know that that is not possible and not everyone will be open to God but I still think that we can all work together to love. I just can't stand people throwing up ignorant statements or discriminating against each other (which I think a lot of christians do as well as nonchristians. Maybe more so.). People have misconstrued so many different things to create so many unnecessary problems it's ridiculous. I'd prefer if we could all just have normal discussion and talk things through, sharing ideas and bringing different things to the table instead of hating each other and being closed minded. Jesus teaches that all laws can be summarized pretty much as "Love God and Love Others" and I don't think we do that enough. This world could use a lot more love in it. A pastor I knew once said "Love God, Embrace Beauty, and Live Life to the Fullest" and I've kind of just adopted that as a life motto as well as trying to be an example of love and kindness. I think if everyone in the world chose to "Love Everyone, Embrace Beauty, and Live Life to the Fullest" the world would be a much better place.

I fully agree, you are a good example of religion being a good even great thing, you obviously have faith and while I lack that I appreciate and admire yours.

The people I have issue with are those that use religion for hate, hate of differences, hate of science, hate of moving forward. The challenge of Christianity isthat certain people try to make it a political issue rather then a spiritual one.

Fundie christians would see you (and almost everyone else) as people destined to hell unless they believed in the literal interpretation of the bible.

mr_poodles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 mr_poodles123
Member since 2009 • 1661 Posts
My lord. You guys need to get avatars, I can't tell who is saying what at all. Lol But to stay on topic. Can I hear what God has done to you that shows that he is real?
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 scorch-62
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="fbstar57"]By biblical definition, sin is transgression against God or rebellion against God. Explain to me how God is sinning against himself. The creator and king of the universe has the right to do as He wants. There is no double standard. Us humans just think that we deserve things that we do not.fbstar57

If God is perfect, why is he jealous? Why did he create us in his perfect image and then say that we have imperfections? If God exists, he's a major douche.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 scorch-62
[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]My lord. You guys need to get avatars, I can't tell who is saying what at all. Lol But to stay on topic. Can I hear what God has done to you that shows that he is real?

It's called usernames.
fbstar57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 fbstar57
[QUOTE="scorch-62"][QUOTE="fbstar57"][QUOTE="scorch-62"] God supposedly created us in his image. So you're saying that he's punishing us for all of the things he hates about himself.

If God is perfect, why is he jealous? Why did he create us in his perfect image and then say that we have imperfections? If God exists, he's a major douche.

I found this on google and I feel like it's better than what I can come up with right now on the fly with my limited time: http://knowitstrue.com/?p=445 If you really are interested and want to know I suggest you read it or do other research on your own. Also, if God does exist I wouldn't consider him a major douche considering if he is real he created everything and gave us all life. Personally I enjoy living and if someone gave me the gift of life I wouldn't consider them a douche.
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts

[QUOTE="fbstar57"][QUOTE="scorch-62"] God supposedly created us in his image. So you're saying that he's punishing us for all of the things he hates about himself.tenaka2

It can be argued that those things do serve a purpose such as a stable back structure and can fight off diseases if I am not mistaken.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
Most Christians believe that everyone - including themselves - are deserve to go to Hell; so those who don't have faith or haven't heard the 'good news' are pretty much screwed. Personally I think that if the Christian God is real he won't be so black and white on the issue. I mean the world he created certainly isn't black and white and His behavior as recorded in the Bible isn't either.
Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts
IMO, the biggest flaw of christianity is it's existence. Not JUST christianity though. Any and ALL religions are holding us back from what we are truly capable of. Sorry if i offend anyone.