A huge flaw in christianity....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 JediXMan
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

People who do not know about God, do not go to hell because they have no choice about what they are taught.

Osama bin laden was never taught about god, so does that mean that he is going to heaven?

mr_poodles123

That's actually the opposite of what the bible says. It says that the only way to Heaven is through Christ. And I really doubt that Bin Laden would go to Heaven, even if he was Christian. Just saying "I'm Christian" really won't help.

CaveJohnson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 CaveJohnson1
Member since 2011 • 1714 Posts

Christianity has some messed up beliefs, young children and elderly with mental problems go to hell if they die too.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 JediXMan

Christianity has some messed up beliefs, young children and elderly with mental problems go to hell if they die too.

CaveJohnson1

Not everyone believes that.

CaveJohnson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 CaveJohnson1

[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]

Ok, so here is my logic:

People who do not know about God, do not go to hell because they have no choice about what they are taught.

Osama bin laden was never taught about god, so does that mean that he is going to heaven?

JediXMan7

That's actually the opposite of what the bible says. It says that the only way to Heaven is through Christ. And I really doubt that Bin Laden would go to Heaven, even if he was Christian. Just saying "I'm Christian" really won't help.

The bible says anybody who follows jesus is saved. If you're a murderer/rapist/kill black people out of racism, you're fine, as long as u follow Jesus.

CaveJohnson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 CaveJohnson1

[QUOTE="CaveJohnson1"]

JediXMan7

Not everyone believes that.

that's basically how it works though

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

CaveJohnson1
That's not a Christian belief......
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 JediXMan

[QUOTE="JediXMan7"]

[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]

Ok, so here is my logic:

CaveJohnson1

The bible says anybody who follows jesus is saved. If you're a murderer/rapist/kill black people out of racism, you're fine, as long as u follow Jesus.

Just believing in God does not seal the deal. You have to live the life, not just talk big talk.

There are some people that believe what you describe; most do not. The majority do not. It's just that the radical (like the Westboro Baptist Church) get the attention.

CaveJohnson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 CaveJohnson1

[QUOTE="CaveJohnson1"]

LJS9502_basic

I'm pretty sure that if u don't follow jesus u go to hell, I'd like to see prove to the contrary of this.

CaveJohnson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CaveJohnson1

[QUOTE="CaveJohnson1"]

[QUOTE="JediXMan7"]

JediXMan7

Just believing in God does not seal the deal. You have to live the life, not just talk big talk.

There are some people that believe what you describe; most do not. The majority do not. It's just that the radical (like the Westboro Baptist Church) get the attention.

I dunno, I haven't seen anything contradicting what I'm saying, passages like this help my case though.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/how_to_be_saved.html

Eph 2:8For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="CaveJohnson1"]

CaveJohnson1

I'm pretty sure that if u don't follow jesus u go to hell, I'd like to see prove to the contrary of this.

I'd like to see your proof of this myself.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="CaveJohnson1"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] That's not a Christian belief......LJS9502_basic

I'd like to see your proof of this myself.

That kind of depends on who you talk to, to begin with.. Some Christian orders/churches don't even believe in hell.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="LazyMushroom"]How many religion threads do we need?RationalAtheist

As many as it takes.

Takes to get what exactly?
XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

Here's a bigger flaw in Christianity....

going to hell because you don't believe. Seriously, what god would send somebody to hell for an eternity for not believing in him? He's supposed to be loving, caring, hates the act of killing etc Yet he will send you to hell for not believing in him?

Sorry, that's not a god I can accept, regardless of his reasons.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
the question is where "bad" people designed that way from birth or through life experiences
alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts
the question is where "bad" people designed that way from birth or through life experiences weezyfb
And we're entering a field of philosophy.
Maniacc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Maniacc1
Member since 2006 • 5354 Posts
What I don't get is why God is so nit picky. It shouldn't matter if you accept Jesus or not, he put you on the Earth for a reason and for that fact alone you should go to Heaven.
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Christianity....has many flaws.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

Here's a bigger flaw in Christianity....

going to hell because you don't believe. Seriously, what god would send somebody to hell for an eternity for not believing in him? He's supposed to be loving, caring, hates the act of killing etc Yet he will send you to hell for not believing in him?

Sorry, that's not a god I can accept, regardless of his reasons.

XileLord

I have seen a lot of priest dealing with this issue, in the pass, sure, you were targeted as a sinner if you didn't believe in God or Jesus, truth is that God never said that beliving in him will save you, Jesus told us that he was the road to salvation, and in a way is truth, trough his teachings we all achieve salvation, which teachings? essentially, be a nice guy with you and with everyone else, your actions will save/doom you, not your religion.

Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

mr_poodles123
Osama was taught about God. God and Allah are the same being.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
And that "flaw" only holds if you assume that God uses only Christianity to deliver his message.foxhound_fox
I thought that was the whole point of religion. =P
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

the idea of eternal punishment for those who simply don't accept a particular revelation (out of thousands of alternatives) is a big sign of human design in a belief system.

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#74 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

mr_poodles123

As a catholic we believe that god is the one that makes the final choice. But lets face it, even though he doesnt believe in god look at what he did. Hw is responsable for the death of so many people. We cant determin if he is in heaven or hell but looking at the facts i wouldnt want to be him. Thats also why catholics believe in purgatory. Its a cleansing place in a sense for people.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

I said somethign similar in Earlier post, but it was ignored so...

Jesus dosn't want to force you to believe in him... Sure, it'd be nice if you were a member of the true faith, but its your actioans that determine who you are...

Don't want to say this to be mean to protestants, but one of the main reasons why the great Schism occured was because Martin Luther and others thought Belief alone saves you...

Sorry to say, but thats not true...

In the same way that just believing is not enough, If you follow Jesus's message even if you don't know him, God's not gonna send you to hell...

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Fundai

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

[QUOTE="mr_poodles123"]

Ok, so here is my logic:

00-Riddick-00

Well he was a Muslim, and they have the same God as Christians and Jews, sooooo.......

:| ... Muslims/Jews Do not worship Jesus...

They worship the same God though...

All Members of these 3 faiths worship the God of Abraham...

Even though Christians are the only ones whoe believe that Jesus was a member of the trinity.

(Unrelated to this response) BTW even if Osama Bin Laden didn't Know about God, The fact is You don' need to know about him to know mass murder isn't cool. So yes, he's probaly going to hell

Avatar image for deactivated-59913425220eb
deactivated-59913425220eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-59913425220eb
Member since 2002 • 1772 Posts

Jesus dosn't want to force you to believe in him... Sure, it'd be nice if you were a member of the true faith, but its your actioans that determine who you are...

Don't want to say this to be mean to protestants, but one of the main reasons why the great Schism occured was because Martin Luther and others thought Belief alone saves you...

In the same way that just believing is not enough, If you follow Jesus's message even if you don't know him, God's not gonna send you to hell...

Fundai
Belief in Jesus is all that is required to save you from your sins.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Fundai

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

GameGuy642003

So all I have to do is believe!

Cool!!!

I totally believe In Jesus, So lets go around breaking the Comandments, Spreading sina all over the place, but as long as I believe it'll be cool!!!

I don't even need to celebrate the sacrement of reconcilitation, don't even need to ask for forgivness, all I need to do is Know that he's out there.

I don't even need to folow his teachings :o

Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

GameGuy642003

So, if I believed in Jesus, and I fornicated, went homosexual, and believed in evolution. Do I still go to heaven?

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts
[QUOTE="GameGuy642003"][QUOTE="Fundai"]

Do you mean to be saved, or do you mean to save you from punishment, etc? Because if you meant from punishment, then that is incorrect.
gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 gaming25

Victorious_Fize

So, if I believed in Jesus, and I fornicated, went homosexual, and believed in evolution. Do I still go to heaven?

No one on this forum is qualified to say who goes to heaven or hell on here, so I dont know why you would ask us.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Fundai

Victorious_Fize

This might not be totally related but the Church sees nothing wrong with belief in Evolution, long as it can be said that Humans were specialy made by God.

Animals can be created by evolution

And your post says very little argument wise...

Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

The fact that you HAVE to know about God and do Christian things like convert others is to me preposterous. I feel, in my honest opinion, to be ridiculous. Somehow Christians are "better" than all others because only they can comprehend the "correct God" and all others are heathen which must go to Hell. Does that really sound either fair, ethical, or moral? If you think so then that's your opinion. I personally feel that if you live a good life and do your best, you will be fine. I was baptized as a Church of Christ member and found it way too oppressive and guilt ridden. I don't dislike Christians, just the way that some go about either pushing it on someone like some kind of starving used car salesman or worse, trying to completely guilt people and telling them how bad they are and are going to Hell. This sounds like it goes against some of the premises they stand for. Like I said, not all Christians are that way and in some ways I consider myself somewhat of a Christian except I haven't found one denomination that I would consider as mine. I just hate to hear someone called bad or that they're going to hell that's all.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Fundai

The fact that you HAVE to know about God and do Christian things like convert others is to me preposterous. I feel, in my honest opinion, to be ridiculous. Somehow Christians are "better" than all others because only they can comprehend the "correct God" and all others are heathen which must go to Hell. Does that really sound either fair, ethical, or moral? If you think so then that's your opinion. I personally feel that if you live a good life and do your best, you will be fine. I was baptized as a Church of Christ member and found it way too oppressive and guilt ridden. I don't dislike Christians, just the way that some go about either pushing it on someone like some kind of starving used car salesman or worse, trying to completely guilt people and telling them how bad they are and are going to Hell. This sounds like it goes against some of the premises they stand for. Like I said, not all Christians are that way and in some ways I consider myself somewhat of a Christian except I haven't found one denomination that I would consider as mine. I just hate to hear someone called bad or that they're going to hell that's all.

Sunfyre7896

I'm assuming you already said no to Catholicism?

Plz don't think Im pushing my religion :|

I have only been ever guilted about my faith by one member of my faith, and that was my Idiotic Religion teacher...

Aparently Right wingers are Nutwings, according to him.... :?

Feryraiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85 Feryraiser
Member since 2009 • 1574 Posts

I question many things about my religion

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Victorious_Fize

[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]

[QUOTE="GameGuy642003"] Belief in Jesus is all that is required to save you from your sins.gaming25

No one on this forum is qualified to say who goes to heaven or hell on here, so I dont know why you would ask us.

Of course, I'm just talking in theory, by following the humane and bible's standards. I'm quite aware that all is in God's hands.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-59913425220eb

Fundai

Cool!!!

I totally believe In Jesus, So lets go around breaking the Comandments, Spreading sina all over the place, but as long as I believe it'll be cool!!!

I don't even need to celebrate the sacrement of reconcilitation, don't even need to ask for forgivness, all I need to do is Know that he's out there.

I don't even need to folow his teachings

This is a classic mis-interpretation of being saved through belief.

When you believe in Jesus Christ and accept Him into your life, it is like a transformation. Only after this transformation can you understand that obeying God and doing good works come after belief in Him.

The only requirement to be saved from your sins is to believe in Jesus. There is no amount of works that you can do to earn God's favor. Of course if you do accept Jesus then you will obviously continue to sin for no one is perfect and it will remain a constant struggle. But once Jesus is living through you, you will strive to do his will and to not sin.

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 gaming25

[QUOTE="gaming25"]

Victorious_Fize

Of course, I'm just talking in theory, by following the humane and bible's standards. I'm quite aware that all is in God's hands.

Huh? So was it a real question or not? I dont understand. And why would you ask a question by following both humane and the Bible's and not just the Bible's?

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Victorious_Fize

[QUOTE="GameGuy642003"] Belief in Jesus is all that is required to save you from your sins.GameGuy642003

When you believe in Jesus Christ and accept Him into your life, it is like a transformation. Only after this transformation can you understand that obeying God and doing good works come after belief in Him.

The only requirement to be saved from your sins is to believe in Jesus. There is no amount of works that you can do to earn God's favor. Of course if you do accept Jesus then you will obviously continue to sin for no one is perfect and it will remain a constant struggle. But once Jesus is living through you, you will strive to do his will and to not sin.

I see, I understand then. :)

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

Fundai

Cool!!!

I don't even need to folow his teachings :o

(playing devil's (or Yawheh's) advocate) I suppose it could be argued that one doesn't "really" believe in jesus if they do all those things. basically one could say that a lot of good behavior is inherently bound to accepting this particular revelation.

Sunfyre7896

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Sunfyre7896
Member since 2011 • 1644 Posts

[QUOTE="Sunfyre7896"]

Fundai

I'm assuming you already said no to Catholicism?

Plz don't think Im pushing my religion :|

I have only been ever guilted about my faith by one member of my faith, and that was my Idiotic Religion teacher...

Aparently Right wingers are Nutwings, according to him.... :?

I wasn't speaking directly about you or anyone in particular on this thread, I was just stating how these discussions always go and how some people try to do the things I was stating. I apologize if you took what I said personally. I don't down anyone's religion, I'm just more of a spiritual and not religious person.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Fundai

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

[QUOTE="GameGuy642003"] Belief in Jesus is all that is required to save you from your sins.GameGuy642003

Cool!!!

What if, for example, a Jew, lives a saintly life.

Gives their possesions to the poor, Volunteers with the comunity, Suports their friends, people they meet, e.t.c.

And does it all because it just makes them feel right??? It is what they Know is right.

Your saying he is going to hell?

He might not go to heaven, But I think Purgatory isn't out of the question, hmmm???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-59913425220eb

[QUOTE="GameGuy642003"]

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

Cool!!!

Fundai

Gives their possesions to the poor, Volunteers with the comunity, Suports their friends, people they meet, e.t.c.

And does it all because it just makes them feel right??? It is what they Know is right.

He might not go to heaven, But I think Purgatory isn't out of the question, hmmm???

Well sadly yes. I person who does good works for anything but for the glory of God through Jesus Christ won't be accepted into the kingdom of Heaven. It is hard to grasp I know, why would God send such a "good person" who does good things to hell? Well because like I said before it is through faith in Jesus not through good works that you are accepted into Heaven. Its something I'm still tryin to understand.

Also about purgatory, in my opinion I believe that purgatory existed before Jesus rose from death, but since Jesus has risen and defeated death purgatory is no more because during the 3 days that Jesus' body was in the tomb he went down to Purgatory to judge everyone that was there and took some to Heaven and some to Hell. This issue is still debated among theologians but tihs is my take on it.

stanleycup98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#94 stanleycup98
Member since 2006 • 6144 Posts

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

Cool!!!

Here is one of the biggest flaws I see with that belief: so everyone who lived before Jesus is going to hell? Modern humans have been around for approximately 200,000 years, homo sapiens for 500,000 years. Jesus has been known for 2,000 years. So all humans who were alive in those 498,000 years went to hell? Well, serves those cavemen right I guess.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#95 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16051 Posts

I agree that it's a flaw. You may find some christians who believe that infants go to Heaven if they die; the Bible doesn't address the fate of infants, as far as I know.

Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Fundai

[QUOTE="Fundai"]

[QUOTE="GameGuy642003"]

GameGuy642003

Well sadly yes. I person who does good works for anything but for the glory of God through Jesus Christ won't be accepted into the kingdom of Heaven. It is hard to grasp I know, why would God send such a "good person" who does good things to hell? Well because like I said before it is through faith in Jesus not through good works that you are accepted into Heaven. Its something I'm still tryin to understand.

Also about purgatory, in my opinion I believe that purgatory existed before Jesus rose from death, but since Jesus has risen and defeated death purgatory is no more because during the 3 days that Jesus' body was in the tomb he went down to Purgatory to judge everyone that was there and took some to Heaven and some to Hell. This issue is still debated among theologians but tihs is my take on it.

Well now we have entered a point in this debate that depends entirely upon what you and your faith believe...

If your taught/believe that only by knowing Jesus can you be freed from sin, then you'd obviously take your view...

If you were taught/ believe something else, then of course you'd believe something else.

I believe that Jesus's becoming Human, Dieing, and rising restored Gods Conection with man, and Made it possible for sins to be forgiven, and for there to be life after death. Wether or not that means that everyone can now be saved is up to debate.

Just out of Curiosity, what denomination do you belong to???

I'm Catholic BTW.

And i can't say i believe what you do about Purgatory. People are still sinning, and they will still need that cleansing period before they can enter into Gods presence in Heaven.

Just like to add, that if a person somehow didn't sin enough in life to break their relationship with God, So they wouldn't HAVE to recieve reconciliation, what could stop them from entering Heaven?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-59913425220eb

[QUOTE="GameGuy642003"]

stanleycup98

Here is one of the biggest flaws I see with that belief: so everyone who lived before Jesus is going to hell? Modern humans have been around for approximately 200,000 years, homo sapiens for 500,000 years. Jesus has been known for 2,000 years. So all humans who were alive in those 498,000 years went to hell? Well, serves those cavemen right I guess.

Well before Jesus, there was no Hell. There is not a mention of Hell in the Old Testament. Instead there was a purgatory, a holding place for dead spirits. Nobody went to heaven or hell in the time before Jesus. Only until Jesus died and rose again were human spirits sent to Heaven or Hell.

raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

Well if that's a flaw, it's one of so, so many.

IIRubenII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 IIRubenII
Member since 2005 • 2734 Posts

Ok, so here is my logic:

mr_poodles123
I'm pretty sure Osama knew about Christians and maybe he hated them. So he did have an opportunity.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

[QUOTE="stanleycup98"]

[QUOTE="GameGuy642003"]

GameGuy642003

Well before Jesus, there was no Hell. There is not a mention of Hell in the Old Testament. Instead there was a purgatory, a holding place for dead spirits. Nobody went to heaven or hell in the time before Jesus. Only until Jesus died and rose again were human spirits sent to Heaven or Hell.

Technically speaking if we actually look at religious belief no one is in heaven or hell right now. Correct me if I am wrong, but that only occurs with the second coming of Christ where the dead are ressurected and the faithful go to heaven with him.. While the earth plunges into hell. Afterall thats why they outlawed the cremation of bodies because they believed that a body must be buried to wait for the coming of Jesus again.