Wii U Info and Discussion Thread - (Lots of Games, Pics and Vids!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#351 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Well it will take at least 2 days the update is a few gb isn't it?
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I don't think anyone knows how big the update is. IGN recently put up an article about the eShop, and it it they mention that they don't have access to it. I don't know if if the update went live but it still won't connect to the eShop or if the update isn't even live yet.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 Kaze_no_Mirai
And right after I post that I see that the update is indeed live and Go Nintendo has videos up. I'll look around and see if I can find the size of the update
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Have fun with the Wii U launch, America :) Let me know how it goes! And how your Wii U experiences are going.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Have fun with your Wii U launch, America :) Let me know how your experience with the new console goes!

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#356 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

Got my WiiU! My store was having a no tax weekend, so I ended up only paying $300 for the basic set. Score! :D

Update's taking foreva

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 AutoPilotOn

Got my WiiU! My store was having a no tax weekend, so I ended up only paying $300 for the basic set. Score! :D

Update's taking foreva

Cruxis27
The update is gonna take days if its taking people with fast internet forever. I download at like 30kbs :(
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 AutoPilotOn
Well I picked up my WiiU. Its updating now. Been about 15 min and I can just now see a little bit of the blue bar.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 Kaze_no_Mirai
[QUOTE="Cruxis27"]

Update's taking foreva

AutoPilotOn
The update is gonna take days if its taking people with fast internet forever. I download at like 30kbs :(

I heard that it supposed to be 5GB, I've also read that its about 2GB. I think it's hard to tell since Nintendo didn't make mention of the download size. I hope it doesn't take too long for you man.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 AutoPilotOn
Well I am using my gamepad as my TV remote so thats kinda neat lol.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#361 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

The update took awhile, but thats probably because the servers are getting nuked by everyone who has just bought the Wii U, including myself. My brother is busy playing NSMBU on it and it looks amazing, he seems to be getting a reasonable amount of challenge from it. He even posted his frustrations on Miiverse :P And a few other people have done so too.

I got the Deluxe Wii U, so the games I have are;

Nintendo Land, Ninja Giaden Razor's Edge, and NSMBU

I plan on getting Little Inferno, Nano Assult Neo, and Trine 2. Which reminds me, the Eshop looks amazing. Too bad my brother didnt buy an Eshop card :P Also just to let everyone know, both Nano Assult Neo and Mighty Switch Force are both 9.99. The cheapest retail game on the eshop currently is Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed at 39.99.

For those of you wondering about the web broswer, my brother is watching youtube currently on it, so no need to worry about that :) and things seem to load pretty quickly.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Yeah the update is slow, because of all the people trying to do it. What sucks though, is it was about 80% done and I accidentally unplugged the system and now I have to start over. Played the first world of NSMB was using the TV and then just laid down and used the controller. I have with that AC3. Scribblenauts and Nintendoland, I will try those out later when the update finally finishes.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 AutoPilotOn
So if you shut down while updating you must start completely over? I am getting tired of waiting to play!!! But I dont wanna start completely over...
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 Sepewrath
I don't know, because my system shut down earlier I turned it on and it picked up where it left off, but that time, it didn't it started over.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Apparently they have some at my local Wal Mart. cannot decide if I wanna buy one yet or not.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
Ok someone please answer! Can you use the wiiu without a tv? Like if I went to the library with my system could I use their internet to update?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 Sepewrath
Yeah the setup stuff appears on the controller screen, so if you carried your console to a library and could access their wi fi and electricity, you could do it. However the update takes a really long time for most, because of the heavy traffic.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 jeremiah06
Yeah the setup stuff appears on the controller screen, so if you carried your console to a library and could access their wi fi and electricity, you could do it. However the update takes a really long time for most, because of the heavy traffic. Sepewrath
Good I've taken my laptop there to watch evoo and e3 all day several times so I'll charge my gamepad tonight and hit the library in the morning...
zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

I find myself looking at the gamepad screen more than I do my TV.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 AutoPilotOn
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Yeah the setup stuff appears on the controller screen, so if you carried your console to a library and could access their wi fi and electricity, you could do it. However the update takes a really long time for most, because of the heavy traffic. jeremiah06
Good I've taken my laptop there to watch evoo and e3 all day several times so I'll charge my gamepad tonight and hit the library in the morning...

I am letting mine update all day. I have to take GF to work in morning then talk to realtor about the house we may be getting, then first dentist visit in 8 years.... FUN. Hopefully its updated by then..
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 jeremiah06
[QUOTE="jeremiah06"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Yeah the setup stuff appears on the controller screen, so if you carried your console to a library and could access their wi fi and electricity, you could do it. However the update takes a really long time for most, because of the heavy traffic. AutoPilotOn

I am letting mine update all day. I have to take GF to work in morning then talk to realtor about the house we may be getting, then first dentist visit in 8 years.... FUN. Hopefully its updated by then..

Yeah hopefully... I planed ahead I have monday and Tuesday off work and nothing to do all day either day... I'm gonna try to 100% nsmbu by Wednesday...
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 Gamingclone

Wow my Wii U updated in about an hour.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
How do you switch to the gamepad screen in multiplayer Black Ops? Anybody know?
JollyGreenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 JollyGreenOne
Member since 2011 • 1001 Posts

Hey everybody, guess who's back! :D

It's been a long wait leading up to Nintendo kicking off its next generation of console gaming, but now the wait is over...for the lucky...the Wii U is finally here! And if you're wondering, no, I don't have one yet. I've decided to wait a for the game library to grow a bit since most of the titles that I really want aren't coming until early next year, though I may not be able to stop myself from getting one this year (and that's if I could even find one :lol: ). I gotta say it looks like it's going to be a great system once it really gets going.

What do you fine folks think of the system? What's your favorite features? Which games are you playing? How do you like the GamePad? Is it the best universal remote you currently own? And the most important question of all... How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :P

Also, thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread while I was gone. You guys rock!

@Gamingclone

Thanks for the impressions! It sounds like your brother is enjoying it.:D

I hope you tell us what you think of the system and those games once you get a chance.

@Rouke2

Nintendo had a 'Nintendo Direct' presentation recently and updated their Wii U FAQ guide with more details about storage options, Nintendo Network, etc etc. So now there are answers to some of your questions.

"Does anyone actually know, (or maybe wants to try out coming 18th November), if the wii U will actually support 2(+) hdd's behind A usbhub?"

• When downloading software or playing a game saved to an external storage device, you can only use one USB storage device with the Wii U console at a time. Multiple USB storage devices can be used one at a time to store your downloadable Wii U content, but the Wii U needs to be turned off to reconnect a USB storage device. "Hot Swapping" is not supported at this time. - Nintendo
  • In the future, we plan to add a function that will make it possible to connect multiple storage media to move or copy content. - Nintendo

"I do know the maximum set per drive is at least 3TB"

• External storage devices used with Wii U should not exceed 2TB. External storage devices that exceed 2TB are currently not recognized by Wii U, but we are working to solve this issue via a December system update. Following the December system update the Wii U will be able to recognize a storage device that is over 2TB, but 2TB will still be the maximum amount of storage capacity. Any extra capacity in the storage device beyond the 2TB will not be accessible via the Wii U. - Nintendo

"I actually have some more interesting questions regarding gamesaves"

• Q: Can I transfer my saved games from one USB drive to another? A:This is possible if the game is transferred first from the USB drive to the Wii U itself, provided that the Wii U system has space to hold the game in question. Then the game is transferred from the Wii U system to the other USB drive. - Nintendo
  • With a future update, we plan to add a function that will make it possible to connect multiple storage media to move or copy content from one to another. - Nintendo

"Can I replace the padbattery myself or not."

• Yes. You can replace the GamePad's battery yourself 'using a crosshead style, size #00 screwdriver' to open the GamePad's battery cover.

"Can we get nintendo network premium access -by periodic payment- on A basic unit or not?"

• Only purchases or downloads made on the Wii U Deluxe Set are eligible for the Deluxe Digital Promotion. Purchases or downloads made via the Wii U Basic Set do not accrue points. - Nintendo
  • The Deluxe Digital Promotion launches in North America in December 2012. However, participants in the promotion will earn points on all qualifying purchases made between Nov. 18, 2012, and Dec. 31, 2014. - Nintendo
  • When the Deluxe Digital Promotion website launches in December, participants can visit ddp.nintendo.com to view current point totals and to exchange points for Download Codes. - Nintendo

If you have more questions I recommend checking out http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/index.jsp as you may find your answer there. :)

is the wii u tablet screen 3d like the 3ds?

accesdenied

No, the Wii U GamePad doesn't support 3D like the 3DS, but it does support Inficolor 3D (Quality 3D without the need of a 3D Display). In addition to Inficolor 3D there are Wii U games that also support standard 3D if you have a 3D TV. Unfortunately the only game I know of that currently supports Inficolor and standard 3D on Wii U is Assassin's Creed 3.

Here's what a GameFAQs user said about it:

"I have the Wii U version. It does support 3D. It is not frame packed though, your choices are inficolor (Which actually works on the gamepad too, that's kind of neat), top-bottom, or side by side. It looks pretty good side by side and I didn't notice a huge loss in resolution (Even though it was halved)." - Darthvargi

~Wii U Launch Videos~

I haven't found the time to update the main page yet, but I will soon. For now hopefully a ton of videos will do?

WaraWara Plaza and Wii U Chat - Quick Look
Nintendo Network, Miiverse, and Internet Browser - Quick Look
ZombiU Launch Trailer
ZombiU - 11 Minutes of RTS vs FPS Multiplayer Gameplay
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition Teaser Trailer
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition Launch Trailer
Scribblenauts Unlimited Launch Trailer
Scribblenauts Unlimited TV Commercial #1
Scribblenauts Unlimited TV Commercial #2

Trine 2: Director's Cut Launch Trailer
FIFA 13 Launch Trailer
NBA 2K13 Developer Insight - Wii U
Madden NFL 13 Launch Trailer
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Wii U Version Launch Trailer
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Danica Patrick TV Commercial
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition Launch Trailer
Tekken Ball Mode Walk-through - Featuring Robo Luigi & Mad Captain Falcon
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper Launch Trailer

Mass Effect 3: Special Edition Launch Trailer
Sing Party Launch TV Commercial
Nintendo Land Launch TV Commercial
New Super Mario Bros. U Launch TV Commercial

~Recent News~

Wii U Launch Day System Update slightly over 4GBs, Basic users required to get HDD for most Digital Content:

Coming from the November 14th Nintendo Direct...

"USB Data Storage

- 8GB = 7.2GB, 32GB = 29GB in terms of actual save data. Wii U uses around 4.2GB when using the system for the first time.
- NSMBU is ~2GB, Nintendo Land is ~3.2GB. So, both won't fit into the Basic set at the same time.
- Wii U lets you put data onto a connected USB media drive.
- Cannot disconnect the external drive while plugged into the Wii U and receiving power.
- You can use general drives.
- Nintendo cannot guarantee that small hard disks (bus-powered) that require more power than USB 2.0 can handle will work properly.
- Generally, hard disks that have Y-Cables (2 USB connectors) will work with the Wii U.
- Nintendo warns that for USB flash drives, even though the Wii U will detect and connect them as it would a hard disk, due to limitations on the number of times data is read from the disk and how this will eventually wear the USB flash drive down, Nintendo does NOT recommend leaving important save and other game data on a USB flash drive for long periods of time. How this plays out depends on the game, of course.
- Wii U will read up to 2TB only for external hard drives even if hard drive has more space.
- In Data Management, you must format the connected media drive. Note that this means you cannot use the drive with a PC.
- You can move data from internal Wii U storage to external USB media in Data Management and vice versa. Data on both internal and external media will appear in the menu.
- At launch, only 1 USB hard drive can be connected, but through a future update, more than 1 will be possible and you will be able to move data between them freely.
- SD Cards can hold PC data, Wii Virtual Console, Wii Ware, and Wii save data, but cannot be used to save Wii U game save data."

This makes me think that the Basic Set will get phased out before the end of next year. I mean the only purpose it seems to truly serve is to make the Deluxe Set look like the best deal ever... "For just $50 more you get a $60 game, 4 times the storage, extra console/controller cradles and a cash-back rewards program! IT'S A STEAL!!!!" :P

You can read more details from this Nintendo Direct by going to: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=190433

FrozenByte says Wii U eShop offers Steam-like options for devs - free patches, updates and more:

original.jpg

"The following info comes from Trine developer Frozenbyte...

"We started working with the Wii U back in March, right after Nintendo contacted us for the first time. We had the port of Trine 2 working in about two days and then after that it was just about getting the game to look nicer and to implement the touch screen related features."

- developers set their prices
- devs determine when they have sales

"That's what we love about the new eShop. We have the power to price our products as we please, with just some basic guidelines from the big guys. The step to this is purely from Nintendos's side and they clearly see that [their] previous installments have not been up to par. We can set our own pricing and actually continuing on that by setting our own sales whenever we want. It is very close to what Apple and Steam are doing at the moment, and very indie friendly. As a small company we rely a lot on the long term sales of our games, not just how well the game does in the first month. Selling for more than two of the first weeks has been very difficult on the console side so far."

- no basic payments for each patch
- devs can update their game almost limitlessly

"We expect it (the approval process) to be longer than what Steam has, but still very competitive compared to the current console standards."

- adding in DLC is also free for devs

"Nintendo messed up the worst last time around. Now they really know that they have to make a huge improvement to get back into the game. What I have seen and heard so far is amazing and it's definitely going in the right direction as far as small developers are concerned."

- Wii U will have a larger shopping environment than 3DS eShop

"Now we can actually just upload videos about our game after the launch and still have the players come back and have a conversation about it. This makes it possible for everyone to continue that mutual relationship a lot further, rather than having it stop at the transaction.

Nintendo's eShop has the possibility of showing the way for the future of downloadable games on consoles. Not everything is up to par, but so far it looks like a far superior channel to be a part of. We hope that companies like us realize that and more indie games become available on the Wii U eShop. In the end this is how we see the future of console gaming and hopefully we are not too far away from that reality."

Wow, hopefully this means we'll be seeing lots of developer support for the Wii U eShop.

Go tohttp://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/18/nintendos-steams-up-the-wii-u-eshopfor the full article.

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=190834

Wii U's TV control is surprisingly important, changing the future of console controller functionality:

tumblr_m53l73gkmb1qjjdeao1_500.jpg

"The Wii U GamePad features built-in universal remote functionality, allowing players to use the touchscreen to turn their TVs on and off, change channels, switch between various inputs, and control volume. It works with cable boxes as well. A "TV" button on the GamePad brings up the TV controls at any time.

Okay, maybe that doesn't seem like a big deal. But it's an improvement in basic usability that accomplishes what every game company wants to do with a system: remove every possible barrier to its use, no matter how insignificant. If I want to play Nintendo Land, the only thing I have to pick up is the WiiPad: I can turn the TV on, switch over to the right HDMI input, turn the system on, and play the game with a single device.

People may not even realize how accustomed they become to this kind of convenience, until they go back to something that doesn't offer it. In the next console generation, we'll look at a controller that can't turn on a TV like we look at a controller that doesn't have a console power button now. I don't think it's a feature that will sell Wii U systems, necessarily, but even this tiny tweak is going to change how console controllers function from now on."

THE FUTURE BEGINS NOW. *Throws old remote out of window* :cool:

SOURCE:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/09/wii-us-tv-control-is-surprisingly-important/

Ubisoft sends out a Day 1 patch for ZombiU:

button-fix-it.jpg

"I spawned as a new character... in the safe house. The game's voice-over suggested I'd made it back; the game's quest log thought I hadn't. I retraced my steps, but the game wouldn't fix itself. I had to wipe my save. The second time I reached the end of the supermarket quest, my GamePad froze and my console emitted a shrill noise. I had to unplug the Wii U to fix that. This didn't just set me back, but it got me worried about an otherwise-promising game. This morning, I loaded the game and immediately got a day one patch. Hopefully it will address these issues.

And in case you're wondering, folks, I can at least tell you this: ZombiU is way better than the first Red Steel, Ubisoft's equally hyped but immediately inferior launch game for the original Wii."

Ya know, now I'm kind of glad they delayed Rayman Legends. :P

To see the whole story go to: http://kotaku.com/5961593/zombiu-is-like-an-fps-demons-souls-with-zombies?post=54404329

DLC Stages for New Super Mario Bros. U Confirmed in Iwata Asks discussion:

33cvrs0.jpg

"Tezuka: Yes. We also are planning additional courses.

Iwata: As with New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the Nintendo 3DS, you're talking about the additional courses.

Tezuka: Yes. We're trying to think of ways of play that are different from New Super Mario Bros. 2, but we haven't made anything yet! (laughs)

Iwata: Right, rather than distributing content that's premade at a later date, you're going to start working on it now.

Iwamoto: Yes. The mechanism for adding courses is already there, so please stand by for an update on what they'll be like."

Also - How to boost without a buddy:

"Takemoto: But a problem for the Boost Mode challenges was that you couldn't play it without two people. We didn't want to make anything that a single player couldn't complete if he or she wanted to.

Asuke: Then we saw a certain programmer who just happened to be tapping away at Boost Mode challenges all alone.

Iwata: What's that like?

Asuke: You hold the Wii Remote with both hands and...

Iwamoto: Like this.

Takemoto: And you touch with your right middle finger...

Asuke: (tapping the table with his middle finger) Like this.

uYBVO.jpg

Asuke: That programmer got all the Boost Mode challenge gold medals all by himself."

Well, that's certainly a new way to play. :lol:

To read the full 'Iwata Asks' for New Super Mario Bros. U go tohttp://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/nsmbu/0/0

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
How do you switch to the gamepad screen in multiplayer Black Ops? Anybody know?nini200
If I understand, In the tittle screen it says view on the gamepad, touch it and that becomes the main screen. You could also do it while you split screen just turn on another controller.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#376 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I've been hearing really good things about Scribblenauts. Can anyone confirm this? I'm looking for another title besides Mario to tide me over until Pikmin 3 releases.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 AutoPilotOn
UPDATE DONE!! I am loving all the comment and friends list and social stuff. Its nice to be able to connect but in a different way. Feels like a Nintendo Facebook.
zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 zyphyr2k12

Addicted to Miiverse.... it's brilliant. Unlike other social apps on the other consoles you can actually use MV from inside a game. Awesome.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I am in love with the Gamepad. I think this controller can be the best game controller invention since the analog stick was introduced.

The only issue I'm having with it is that I'm having some trouble adjusting to the "Y,X,B,A" buttons being below the sticks. Surely, in time, that won't be an issue, but it could be a tad difficult going back and forth between Wii U, and the PS3 and 360.

Being able to play some games on the Gamepad...wow what a great thing this is. I got tired of sitting in the chair last night, so I decided to cuddle up in bed in a manner that would not allow me to use the TV comfortably, and play some Assassin's Creed III. It worked flawlessly! Absolutely fantastic feature, to be sure.

I'm loving the Wii U very, very much so far. The potential is immense for this system and controller.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 yokofox33

I really like the tablet as well, but right now the WiiU feels like a glorified handheld system. I only have Nintendo Land at the moment, but it just seems I'm relying way too much on the tablet and not on the bigscreen. It's not a huge deal, but just an observation really.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I am in love with the Gamepad. I think this controller can be the best game controller invention since the analog stick was introduced.

The only issue I'm having with it is that I'm having some trouble adjusting to the "Y,X,B,A" buttons being below the sticks. Surely, in time, that won't be an issue, but it could be a tad difficult going back and forth between Wii U, and the PS3 and 360.

Being able to play some games on the Gamepad...wow what a great thing this is. I got tired of sitting in the chair last night, so I decided to cuddle up in bed in a manner that would not allow me to use the TV comfortably, and play some Assassin's Creed III. It worked flawlessly! Absolutely fantastic feature, to be sure.

I'm loving the Wii U very, very much so far. The potential is immense for this system and controller.

nyc05

Thanks for making me want to go buy one :P. I am shocked if it is true, but my walmart says online it has them in stock.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

I really like the tablet as well, but right now the WiiU feels like a glorified handheld system. I only have Nintendo Land at the moment, but it just seems I'm relying way too much on the tablet and not on the bigscreen. It's not a huge deal, but just an observation really.

yokofox33

Scribblenautswill not change your mind on this, it's the same thing on both screens. It's a fun game played for about and hour, had Mario fight Bowser.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 AutoPilotOn
I hooked up my 500gb western digital my book I had laying around. It matches the black wiiu perfectly from size shape color and even blue led
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 Gamingclone

Welcome back Jolly :D When you get the Wii U, you should really try out the web broswer, its amazing!

*edit* Also, nice update!

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 Gamingclone

Just a fair warning about the Internet Browser, do not scroll through a web page too quickly as it may cause the Wii U to freeze. It only happened to me once but now I try to scroll a tad bit slower through long web pages.

zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 zyphyr2k12

Mine froze once because I was in my living room with the gamepad while the console was in my bedroom. It kept saying connection was being lost between console and gamepad, then it froze. Then once playing NSMBU it froze with a black screen. Scary stuff!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 AutoPilotOn
I guess 3ds eshop funds are separate from wiiu eshop? I hope they merge the two make buying a lot easier .
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 Gamingclone

I guess 3ds eshop funds are separate from wiiu eshop? I hope they merge the two make buying a lot easier .AutoPilotOn

Well, currently they are seperate I think. Though when I was searched for that demo of Rayman Legends Demo on the Wii U's eshop, it pulled up all the 3DS eshop demos, though it said that these games couldnt be downloaded on the Wii U or something along those lines.

*edit* oh wait I didnt read what you said, lol. As for funds, I hope they get merged eventually, since eshop cards (weather they are branded as 3DS eshop cards or just Nintendo Eshop cards) can both work on the 3DS and Wii U. The complete merge probably wont happen till they fully get Miiverse and Nintendo Netowrk set up on the 3DS and on PC and whatnot.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 AutoPilotOn
It'd be nice to be able to download and store 3ds games on my external hard drive on wiiu them transfer them free on and off my 3ds. Make the wiiu the central hub between home and handheld gaming
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 Gamingclone

It'd be nice to be able to download and store 3ds games on my external hard drive on wiiu them transfer them free on and off my 3ds. Make the wiiu the central hub between home and handheld gaming AutoPilotOn

That would be great, but seems abit too logical. If anything, they'll make it where you will be able to link your 3DS to your Nintendo Network ID/ to the Wii U eshop, and then when you buy 3DS games off the Wii U eshop, when you get onto the 3DS's eshop and go to settings and look at your downloads, you'll be able to download those games for no extra charge. Or least thats how I see it happening.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#391 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

[QUOTE="superbuuman"]

Man Im getting an itch to pre-order eventho I've said I won't till March..must resist temptation. :P

AutoPilotOn

GIVE IN!! GIVE IN!!!

Yup I cracked and preordered. :P

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 yokofox33

Anybody have some good suggestions for external storage? I'm not looking for a giant 1TB HDD or anything like that, but something much smaller. Will a regular old USB Stick work? I don't have a ton of space, so I was just looking at a USB stick to have plugged in at all times. Thanks.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 Sepewrath
I don't know if flash drives work, but you can get a cheap HDD of about 250 GB, especially after Thanksgiving.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Why, WHY is the connection between the console and Gamepad unstable when I'm not even two feet away? I always knew my body gave off an electromagnetic force field.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 yokofox33

I don't know if flash drives work, but you can get a cheap HDD of about 250 GB, especially after Thanksgiving. Sepewrath

Hmmm, ok. I assume any USB drive would work? Sorry, I'm not a big tech savvy guy.

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
i really like it. the only game i have is nintendoland though but last night i was able to play brawl again. when i unboxed it, my dad said the gamepad looks like ps vita lol. the gamepad feels really sturdy and not too light/heavy. might get nsmb u soon, i still have at least 3 wii games i want to finish first.
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I don't know if flash drives work, but you can get a cheap HDD of about 250 GB, especially after Thanksgiving. yokofox33

Hmmm, ok. I assume any USB drive would work? Sorry, I'm not a big tech savvy guy.

From my understanding, USB flash drives should work, but Nintendo reccomends against it.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 yokofox33

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]I don't know if flash drives work, but you can get a cheap HDD of about 250 GB, especially after Thanksgiving. Gamingclone

From my understanding, USB flash drives should work, but Nintendo reccomends against it.

Yeah, my stepdad has an extra external HDD he's going to give me. Thanks for the info.

In other news, I've completed the first world in Mario and had the game freeze on me twice. Not good.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 Gamingclone

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

yokofox33

Yeah, my stepdad has an extra external HDD he's going to give me. Thanks for the info.

In other news, I've completed the first world in Mario and had the game freeze on me twice. Not good.

My brother played NSMBU all day yesterday and it never frozed once.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 yokofox33

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Gamingclone

My brother played NSMBU all day yesterday and it never frozed once.

3 times now... I'll just not play it for the rest of the night. I also left it unplugged longer than before, so hopefully that'll help. Nintendo has at least acknowledged the problem, so perhaps a real fix is incoming.

If not, I have a 2nd system on its way in the mail :lol: At least it's still under warranty!