Wii U Info and Discussion Thread - (Lots of Games, Pics and Vids!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#601 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9723 Posts

Here's some sites that have the latest Wii U news. I'd like for the Wii U to do well. I plan on getting it sometime in the future.

www.mynintendonews.com

www.gonintendo.com

www.wiiudaily.com

remas2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#603 remas2020
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="JollyGreenOne"]

~About Nintendo TVii~

(Youtube) Nintendo TVii Trailer
Egypt web design

"United States and Canada only, Nintendo TVii is a (free) TV aggregation service that lets you browse content from multiple services, to which you're subscribed such as Netflix and Hulu, Live TV and your DVR/Tivo. You can also comment/chat with your friends whilst watching live TV, via Miiverse and Twitter/Facebook. The Wii U hardware doesn't have Tivo/DVR capabilities built in, so that functionality will only work in this service with separate hardware."

"Nintendo TVii enables you to find, watch, and engage with TV shows, movies and sports programming, all from the Wii U GamePad. This (free) service will be available in the United States and Canada for users with a broadband wireless Internet connection."

"Nintendo TVii will support "all" cable and dish carriers in the US and Canada, Nintendo director of strategic partnership Zach Fountain told Engadget. He said that no major carriers are excluded, and the only requirement for signing up is inputting your cable company's account information to the Wii U. DVR and TiVO functionality are plugged in similarly, where users input information via web, and services resultantly pop up on the Wii U.seo"

~About Miiverse // A New Social Universe~

"The Miiverse is a brand-new network communication system that lets gamers from around the world share experiences, discuss games and discover new content. Using their personalized Mii character, players enter Miiverse and see games, applications or entertainment content that either they have interacted with recently, expressed interest in learning more about or that their friends are using or discussing.

From here they can challenge their friends to play together, ask a question about a difficult level or discover new elements of their favorite games they never knew existed. After a notable achievement or other share-worthy moment, players can pause their game or application and seamlessly post messages to the Miiverse community. Your Miiverse will be accessible from Wii U, 3DS, mobile devices and online, and you'll be able to suspend play of any Wii U games to check on your Miiverse whenever you want."

FEATURES:

Communities - This is where you can share your thoughts on a variety of Wii U related topics. Every Wii U title will have a dedicated community, where you can catch up on the conversation surrounding your favorite game.

E-marketing - Within Miiverse, you can communicate in a variety of fun ways. In addition to typed messages, you can attach screenshots of specially designed games while you are playing, or use the Wii U GamePad and stylus to create a handwritten message or drawing while in the game.

Share with ease - Miiverse can be accessed at any time from the Wii U GamePad controller's HOME Button Menu--even in the middle of a game--to share your thoughts as they come to you. Miiverse is also accessible from the Wii U Menu when not playing.

Comments and more - Read and reply to comments made by other people and get involved. Looking for game hints, or have some of your own? Share them here.

Everyone's Activities - If you "Follow" another player, that person's posts will show up in the feed "Everyone's Activities." That way you can always keep up with what they are up to.

Messages - Become Friends with another player, and you can also send direct private messages to that player, or even invite them to a multi-player gaming session.

Avoid spoilers - If a post about a game is determined to be a spoiler, the full text will be hidden at first. If you want to see the info, a quick button press can reveal it. You can also mark your own posts as spoilers, and they will be shown in the same way to other users.

(Youtube) E3 2012 Miiverse Promo Trailer

~Wii U Games Available Now~

Assassin's Creed 3 (Retail / eShop) - Official Website / Developer Video Interview
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition (Retail) -Egypt SEO / New Features Walkthrough Trailer
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Retail) - Official Website / website marketing
Chasing Aurora (eShop) - Official Website / Launch Trailer
Darksiders 2 (Retail / eShop) - Official Website & Launch Trailer
Epic Mickey 2 (Retail / eShop) - Official Website / Launch Trailer
ESPN Sports Connection (Retail / eShop) - Info Page
FIFA 13 (Retail / eShop) - Info Page / Launch Trailer
Game Party Champions (Retail / eShop) - Info Page
Just Dance 4 (Retail / eShop) - Info Page
Little Inferno (eShop) - Official Website
Madden NFL 13 (Retail / eShop) - Info Page / Launch Trailer
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition (Retail) - Official Website / Launch Trailer
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (eShop) - Launch Trailer

Nano Assault Neo (eShop) - Official Website / Launch Trailer
NBA 2K13 (Retail) - Official Website / Launch Trailer
New Super Mario Bros. U (Retail / eShop) - Official Website / Gameplay Trailer
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Retail / eShop) - Official Website / Launch Trailer
Nintendo Land (Retail / eShop) - Official Website / Gameplay Trailer
Rabbids Lands (Retail / eShop)- Official Website / Launch Trailer
Scribblenauts Unlimited (Retail / eShop) - Info Page / Launch Trailer
Sing Party (Retail / eShop) - Official Website / Launch Video
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed (Retail / eShop) - Official Website / Launch Trailer

TANK! TANK! TANK! (Retail) - Official Website / Launch Trailer
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition (Retail) - Info Page / Official Trailer
Trine 2: Director's Cut (eShop) - Official Website / Launch Trailer
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (Retail / eShop) - Info Page / Launch Trailer
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 (Retail / eShop) - Info Page
ZombiU (Retail / eShop) - Official US Website / Official UK Website / Launch Trailer

~Upcoming Wii U Games~

Pikmin 3 (Nintendo)

GENRE: Mass-Action Strategy

INFO:

"Pikmin 3 is a fully reimagined, mass-action strategy title from the critically acclaimed Pikmin series. Players will discover a beautiful world filled with strange creatures and take command of a swarm of ant-like Pikmin trying to survive. The world is densely packed with treasures and enemies, which makes the game much more action focused and fills it with layers of potential strategies and paths, adding greater replayability to challenge modes.

FEATURES:

web design Egypt

* Players can play using Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk-based controls or the Wii U GamePad controller. With new intuitive controls that make it possible to aim at objects directly, players can command their tiny, yet powerful, squads in different ways.

* The GamePad acts as an overhead map and radar to track Pikmin movements in real time. Players can slide a finger across the touch screen to quickly switch between areas, giving greater flexibility in commanding multiple groups of Pikmin.

* The greater processing and HD capabilities of the Wii U console are put to extensive use,very gooood i lke that]website designs resulting in a more intricately designed world, enhanced ant-like movement of the Pikmin and precisely detailed overhead views for enabling easier strategic use of the Pikmin.

* After completing a stage, the replay feature allows players the option to review their results using the GamePad and TV. Fast-forward, rewind or pause while assessing the previous mission to decide on other paths.

* In addition to the five original types of Pikmin encountered in previous games, the new Rock Pikmin bring powerful new abilities and are able to crack hard outer shells of enemies and break through solid barriers.

* Mission Mode challenges players to earn the most treasure in a given time."

PICS:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

VIDS:

(Youtube) High Quality Gameplay Footage with Audio
(Youtube) Miyamoto talks about Pikmin 3
(Youtube) Game Guide with Krysta Yang
(Youtube) Off-Screen Boss Battle Footage
(Youtube) Pikmin 3 E3 Trailer

LEGO City: Undercover (Nintendo)

GENRE: Open world, Action-adventure

INFO:

"LEGO City: Undercover is an upcoming Nintendo published sandbox-style action-adventure game, currently in development by TT Fusion, a division of TT Games, to be released on the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U in 2012. Players assume the identity of Chase McCain, an undercover detective armed with clever disguises. The mission is to put a stop to the fiendish Rex Fury and end his crime wave in LEGO City. As players run, drive and even fly through the city, they'll use the Wii U GamePad controller as a new police gadget.

FEATURES:

* The Wii U GamePad is woven seamlessly into the game-play experience. Players use it to scan for hidden clues and criminals, receive mission updates and place waypoints on an overhead city map that displays their position in real time.

* Experience LEGO City like never before. Players will encounter familiar play sets come to life as they explore the vast city, seo egypt looking for clues to bring Rex Fury to justice.

* Players can go undercover with a variety of disguises, including a firefighter, a construction worker and even a robber, and use their unique abilities to solve puzzles and access new areas of the city.

* There are more than 100 vehicles for players to collect and use to explore the city, including sports cars, motorcycles and even aircraft.

* LEGO video games are known for their humor and parody, and LEGO City: Undercover delivers this and more with fully voiced characters and ambient crowds, bringing LEGO City to life."

PICS:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

VIDS:

(Youtube) September 2012 Trailer
[url=http://www.nile7.com/content/good-and-relevant-content-very-important-websites-0]search engine optimization (Youtube) Video Preview[/url]
(Youtube) LEGO City: Undercover E3 Trailer

Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo)

INFO:

"Bayonetta 2 is an upcoming action game being developed by Platinum Games and published by Nintendo for the Wii U, with Sega only serving as its advisor. It is the sequel to the 2010 game, Bayonetta, and is being directed by Yusuke Hashimoto and produced by Atsushi Inaba, under supervision by series creator Hideki Kamiya. It was announced on September 13, 2012, and will be exclusive to the Wii U."

VIDS:

(Youtube) Teaser Trailer

thanks about that so good
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#604 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

tops.png

Next Level Games is working on a Top-Secret game since October.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=198522

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#605 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I downloaded it recently. I doubt I'll turn on the tv when playing SNES games... so much better playing it on the gamepad. :P At 30 cents each, I'll be downloading all of them. I hope they release more games at a steady stream once the vc is officially unleashed. What game(s) are you playing on the wiiu? =D

Pete-B

Well I have Black Ops 2 and New Super Mario Bros U, both of which are pretty awesome. NintendoLand is also a lot of fun what I've played, I just need to get a larger group over for that sometime. I also picked up F-Zero and Punch-Out! through the deal and I agree with you; these are perfect to play on the gamepad. I am half-tempted to pick up Darksiders II tomorrow as well since it is $20 at Best Buy. 

And I don't get why Nintendo is so slow with their VC; it's criminal with how they've treated the Wii's and 3DS' VCs. 

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

hey guys, been thinking about getting a Wii U or 3DS was wondering what you guys thought. I can get decent deals on both, although the 3DS is cheaper of course. I don't really game outside the house which has me a little reluctant to buy the 3DS, however the games look great and it would be nice to have something to play when the TV is being used by family... which could be solved by the Wii U as well. 

I see potential in the Wii U despite its shortcomings, however it's pretty apparent there isn't a lot to play right now. If I bought one I'd probably just buy NSMB for now until Pikmin 2 and Wonderful 101 (this looks really awesome) come out.

I already own a 360, but it has kind of grown stale on me, and I'd like to get rid of it at some point. The PS4 interests me as well, but I have a feeling it'll be too much money to bother buying at launch, and I'll end up buying it after a price drop. What do you guys think? Pick up a 3DS with great games now, or a Wii U on optimistic potential? I will not get both, just fyi. Thanks for any help. 

(would also appreciate answers that aren't "I own Wii U, so you should buy one!") 

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#608 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

Hey everyone, I've been gone for a couple of months. Have to say Im loving my Wii U. The day after the launch of Lego City Under Cover I got it, I just beat the story last night! And I have only completed 30% of the game appearently. On the same day that I got Lego City, I also got Monster Hunters Ultimate and Need for Speed (Wii U version of course). I got all 3 games based off of a deal that target was having. Buy two video games, get the third one for free.

I have been loving Lego City, its so creative and funny. And the plateforming/ parcore that the game has, isn't that bad actually. If I could rate this game, it would get a 9.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#609 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

hey guys, been thinking about getting a Wii U or 3DS was wondering what you guys thought. I can get decent deals on both, although the 3DS is cheaper of course. I don't really game outside the house which has me a little reluctant to buy the 3DS, however the games look great and it would be nice to have something to play when the TV is being used by family... which could be solved by the Wii U as well. 

I see potential in the Wii U despite its shortcomings, however it's pretty apparent there isn't a lot to play right now. If I bought one I'd probably just buy NSMB for now until Pikmin 2 and Wonderful 101 (this looks really awesome) come out.

I already own a 360, but it has kind of grown stale on me, and I'd like to get rid of it at some point. The PS4 interests me as well, but I have a feeling it'll be too much money to bother buying at launch, and I'll end up buying it after a price drop. What do you guys think? Pick up a 3DS with great games now, or a Wii U on optimistic potential? I will not get both, just fyi. Thanks for any help. 

(would also appreciate answers that aren't "I own Wii U, so you should buy one!") 

Optical_Order

[spoiler] I own a WiiU, you should buy one! :P [/spoiler]

I actually own both the Wii U and 3DS, and both are great systems.  Granted the Wii U does have its short comings, but that stuff is being patched out. Infact sometime in April (hopefully early April), Nintendo will release a patch that will speed up the Wii U's load times (like closing out a game and going to the home menu). And the speed up is very evident from the video that Nintendo uploaded to their channel! If you do get the Wii U, I recomend Lego City Undercover. Its really addictive.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#610 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Lego City Undercover launch today in Australia, bought it this morning but stuck at work today. :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#611 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Optical_Order

You waited this long, I would hold out for a price drop or a snazzy price saving game Wii U bundle.

Odds are the Wii U will see a price drop at E3 or this holiday season when the PS4/720 release (rumored to be $399), giving Nintendo leverage on their price to attract customers.

I have two Wii Us, and I'm not playing either one right now. I'm waiting for games that keep getting delayed, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101. It's not a painful wait though because I have all the other machines to play anyways.

inter_911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612 inter_911
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

guys, is playing Wii games on the Wii U look better or the same? my Wii was crap nothing was clear .. maybe from my big ass tv i am thinking either i bring the old tv from the store and play Wii games on it or buy the new Wii U for playing them

i know Wii is weak on graphics and it cant be compared to other consoles but by crappy graphics i mean even the menu wasnt clear.. the lines r not smooth .. i play gamecube and xbox games from time to time and even they have better graphics and more clear

so what do u guys think?

Play2Raise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613 Play2Raise
Hey, I was just wondering if it would be okay for me to post about a charity gaming marathon that will be happening in two weeks. I tried to make a post in another Wii Forum and they swung the banhammer on me for advertising. As it is a charity event, I was hoping it would be okay so I just wanted to ask here first before I risked posting again. Thanks guys.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#614 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Hey, I was just wondering if it would be okay for me to post about a charity gaming marathon that will be happening in two weeks. I tried to make a post in another Wii Forum and they swung the banhammer on me for advertising. As it is a charity event, I was hoping it would be okay so I just wanted to ask here first before I risked posting again. Thanks guys. Play2Raise
Hi. You can have a link to your blog and in your signature.

wiiguy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617 wiiguy420
omg I just got a free Wii points card pin from freewiipointsforever[dot]com :D
Zerohmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#618 Zerohmus
Member since 2013 • 43 Posts
It's awesome.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619 Nintendo_Ownes7

Pandora's Tower Developer Thinking of Ideas For Wii U Games

Pandoras Tower developer Ganbarion are knocking ideas around for how to use Nintendos new Wii U console. Siliconera recently asked Pandoras Tower director Toru Haga what he thinks of the system. Haga replied:

The Wii U is a unique console with exciting features such as the GamePad. Were currently thinking of fun ideas using these features. For example, were thinking of a gameplay idea that uses two screens from different perspectives, like a tabletop RPG, where players could potentially give each other objectives and progress through the game. Or like with Miiverse, where players can share their gameplay experiences easily, we were thinking of a game that focuses on communication.

But regardless of any ideas that we could potentially realize, as a developer we need to focus on how welcoming it is to the players. We took this approach when we were originally only going to use one Wii Remote for Pandoras Tower. As a developer, we are very interested in challenging ourselves with new hardware, and we hope that everyone will look forward to our next project.

Ganbarion havent officially announced if theyre working on any Wii U games yet. So far, Nintendo have made no mention of Wii U projects involving Ganbarion either. Prior to Pandoras Tower, the studio worked on the Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars games for Nintendo and a number of One Piece games for Namco Bandai.

agent7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#620 agent7777

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Hey Jolly, i hope your ready to post the megaton of info from the Wii U preview ;)

JollyGreenOne

Don't worry.... I'm ready. :cool:

It might take me a while to get everything updated, but I'll be sure to let you all know what's been changed when I'm finished.

How? Come about?
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#621 Nintendo_Ownes7

http://gematsu.com/2013/04/retro-wii-u-project-to-be-announced-in-not-so-distant-future

Nintendo will introduce its new game from Donkey Kong Country Returns and Metroid Prime developer Retro Studios in the not so distant future, the companys Hiroyuki Yamada has told Official Nintendo Magazine.

The companys American boss Reggie Fils-Aime has previously promised it will be a fantastic project.

Perhaps well see it at E3 then?

Official Nintendo Magazine article: It looks like Nintendo will be revealing Retro's next game very soon after Nintendo's Hiro Yamada told ONM that he hopes to "introduce it in the not too distant future."

Nintendo's US president Reggie Fils-Aime has already promised that Retro's Wii U game will be fantastic but what is it? It's a question we asked of Yamada who is supervising Monster Games as they work on a 3DS remake of Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Yamada wasn't giving much away, saying: "I wonder what kind of game it is? I hope to introduce it to you in the not so distant future."

Given that Nintendo won't be holding a large scale E3 conference, we wonder if it will be revealed at one of the smaller events at the show or during a Nintendo Direct.

You can find out what Retro think of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D by reading our full interview with Hiro Yamada.

Sadistic_Grunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#622 Sadistic_Grunt
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
I was thinking of eventually picking up a Wii U but first I have some questions. Is it possible to transfer Wii saves to the Wii U without the actual Wii? For example, I have the saves on an SD card and was thinking of selling the Wii? And how do you get your Virtual Console games on the Wii U from the Wii? Is it the same process as transferring the saves over? Thanks.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#623 Nintendo_Ownes7

I was thinking of eventually picking up a Wii U but first I have some questions. Is it possible to transfer Wii saves to the Wii U without the actual Wii? For example, I have the saves on an SD card and was thinking of selling the Wii? And how do you get your Virtual Console games on the Wii U from the Wii? Is it the same process as transferring the saves over? Thanks.Sadistic_Grunt
You still need a Wii before you transfer because you start the transfer by inserting an SD Card in the Wii U then you have to move the SD card to the Wii and than move it back to the Wii U.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#624 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
Does anyone know hot how to use alternate suits in Arkham City: Armored Edition?
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#625 Nintendo_Ownes7

Does anyone know hot how to use alternate suits in Arkham City: Armored Edition?Meinhard1
If it is like the PS3 version you can only use the alternate suits in the Riddler Challenges; But after you beat the main storyline they let you choose whatever suit you want in the storymode.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#626 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Man I really can't wait for Retro's new game. Their 2 Gamecube games and 2 Wii games are easily in the top 5 games of their respective systems. Imagine if they release in time for Christmas!? I'm prob dreaming but dam. Talk about a system seller.
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627 Nintendo_Ownes7

Man I really can't wait for Retro's new game. Their 2 Gamecube games and 2 Wii games are easily in the top 5 games of their respective systems. Imagine if they release in time for Christmas!? I'm prob dreaming but dam. Talk about a system seller. locopatho
It could happen they have more then 110 people as of March 2013.

The last actual game they worked on was released in 2010.

They did work on Mario Kart 7 but only the Donkey Kong related assets and rebuilding the retro courses.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#628 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

Two Brothers looks really good. It'd definitely be a game I'd keep an eye out for once I get the Wii U.