Wii U Info and Discussion Thread - (Lots of Games, Pics and Vids!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#401 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Yeah, my stepdad has an extra external HDD he's going to give me. Thanks for the info.

In other news, I've completed the first world in Mario and had the game freeze on me twice. Not good.

yokofox33

My brother played NSMBU all day yesterday and it never frozed once.

3 times now... I'll just not play it for the rest of the night. I also left it unplugged longer than before, so hopefully that'll help. Nintendo has at least acknowledged the problem, so perhaps a real fix is incoming.

If not, I have a 2nd system on its way in the mail :lol: At least it's still under warranty!

Yeah, Nintendo has stated that it still has much to do with the Wii U regarding the bugs and improvements to the OS.

#402 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Nano Assault Neo has been rated by Ign

They gave it a 9.0

The first review on the page is of Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive

which ign scored that a 8.5.

just go down the page past that review and you will see the NAN review.

#403 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -
The wiiu must not be sold for much of a loss. Reggie said once the customer buys one piece of software it's profit positive.
#404 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

The wiiu must not be sold for much of a loss. Reggie said once the customer buys one piece of software it's profit positive. AutoPilotOn

Does he mean retail software or eshop only software? (such as Nano Assult or Little Inferno, both of which are only 9.99), because if the Wii U is only being sold slightly below the factory cost then I can imagine that the Wii U will be profitable by next summer.

#405 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -
Q: This will be the first Nintendo game machine that the company's going to be selling at a loss at launch. How does that change the business model for Nintendo? A: The business model doesn't change dramatically, in that as soon as we get the consumer to buy one piece of software, then that entire transaction becomes profit positive. In the end, the business model is still to drive the install base of hardware, and then to drive a strong tie ratio with all of the other software and experiences for the consumer. And if we're able to do that, then we will create significant profit for the company.
#406 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Ah I see, well thats good to hear.

#407 Posted by superbuuman (6087 posts) -

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

My brother played NSMBU all day yesterday and it never frozed once.

Gamingclone

3 times now... I'll just not play it for the rest of the night. I also left it unplugged longer than before, so hopefully that'll help. Nintendo has at least acknowledged the problem, so perhaps a real fix is incoming.

If not, I have a 2nd system on its way in the mail :lol: At least it's still under warranty!

Yeah, Nintendo has stated that it still has much to do with the Wii U regarding the bugs and improvements to the OS.

So US are the test subjects..hehehe :P

#408 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

superbuuman

So US are the test subjects..hehehe :P

You could say that :P

Also, I noticed on Miiverse that there is now a Hulu Plus community :o

*Edit* Yep, Hulu Plus is now ready for use for the Wii U, Im "updating" it right now on my Wii U. Not that Im going to use it, Netflix has me covered :P

The way that you download Hulu Plus is by going to the Hulu Plus icon on the Wii U's apps menu and simply starting it. It will update from there.

*Edit again* Its done downloading and installing, took about 10 minutes in total to do both (personally I think it took less time than that but I wasnt really paying attention).

#409 Posted by Sepewrath (29945 posts) -
Hey anyone know how to take screen shots of games to post on Miiverse?
#410 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11763 posts) -
Hey anyone know how to take screen shots of games to post on Miiverse?Sepewrath
You have to press the home button and go to Miiverse. Whatever is on the screen when you press Home will be what you can post to Miiverse.
#411 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (277 posts) -
[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]Q: This will be the first Nintendo game machine that the company's going to be selling at a loss at launch. How does that change the business model for Nintendo? A: The business model doesn't change dramatically, in that as soon as we get the consumer to buy one piece of software, then that entire transaction becomes profit positive. In the end, the business model is still to drive the install base of hardware, and then to drive a strong tie ratio with all of the other software and experiences for the consumer. And if we're able to do that, then we will create significant profit for the company.

Makes sense to me, that is what Sony and Xbox have been doing for quite some time now. I know some people might get upset hearing them talk about profit but every company has to make profit in order to keep affording to produce more stuff. I'm quite glad Nintendo went with the more powerful hardware this time and took a bit of a hit with it.
#412 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Guess what guys?

[spoiler]

I was just looking at WaraWara Plaza and spotted Tezuka (Nin ID NintendoTezukaA) the producer of NSMBU

He posted on the NSMBU Community with a little drawing asking people "Are U having Fun? Let's make this community an axciting place for everyone! (a bunch of japanese text I cant translate)"

*edit* he has also just put up a bunch of post in different lanuages (other than Japanese).

[/spoiler]

#413 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -
I must say Miiverse is one of the coolest things ever
#414 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (277 posts) -

Guess what guys?

[spoiler]

I was just looking at WaraWara Plaza and spotted Tezuka (Nin ID NintendoTezukaA) the producer of NSMBU

He posted on the NSMBU Community with a little drawing asking people "Are U having Fun? Let's make this community an axciting place for everyone! (a bunch of japanese text I cant translate)"

*edit* he has also just put up a bunch of post in different lanuages (other than Japanese).

[/spoiler]

Gamingclone
I saw that when you sent me the message about it. I thought that was cool, I actually took the time to draw him a picture reply lol. Maybe Miiverse will connect us with game makers as well as other gamers?
#415 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Guess what guys?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

zyphyr2k12

I saw that when you sent me the message about it. I thought that was cool, I actually took the time to draw him a picture reply lol. Maybe Miiverse will connect us with game makers as well as other gamers?

That could very well be the intenson. For the longest time, random people would use forums such as these to make game suggestions and feed back when in reality, there is no chance in the world that they will look at it. So pretty much potentially great ideas and critical feedback was going unseen. Then the 3DS got swapnote which allows Nintendo and other devs send notes to us directly, but we couldn't reply to them, And Now with Miiverse, not only can the communicate with us, we can communicate with them too.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#416 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30973 posts) -

[QUOTE="zyphyr2k12"][QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Guess what guys?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Gamingclone

That could very well be the intenson. For the longest time, random people would use forums such as these to make game suggestions and feed back when in reality, there is no chance in the world that they will look at it. So pretty much potentially great ideas and critical feedback was going unseen. Then the 3DS got swapnote which allows Nintendo and other devs send notes to us directly, but we couldn't reply to them, And Now with Miiverse, not only can the communicate with us, we can communicate with them too.

But they still couldn't use our ideas because if they use them without our permission or don't give the person that suggested it credit they could potentially be sued so Nintendo has a policy of "Thanks but no thanks" Thanks you like our product so much to suggest something but our policy is that we can't use user submitted ideas.

#417 Posted by Sepewrath (29945 posts) -
Well Nintendo put up a bunch of advertisement messages, that first day Miiverse launched, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had people out chatting with the audience.
#418 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Amazon Video is now available for the Wii U, as the community on Miiverse is now up and under the eshop it no longer says coming soon. As usual you download it by clicking on the Amazon video icon on the Wii U's app interface and simply doing what it tells you to do from there.

Okay so, Hulu was made available Yesterday, Amazon Video today, so youtube app tomorrow? :P

*Edit* The Youtube community is now up on Miiverse but the app itself is not ready for download it seems.

#419 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Ign just gave Little Inferno a 6.5. Saying that its not really a game, but more of a toy that you use to burn other toys and objects.

From what i've seen of people talking about it within it's own community on Miiverse is that it seems like the people who bought it really like it.

#420 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
And Now with Miiverse, not only can the communicate with us, we can communicate with them too.Gamingclone
The zombiU developers really enjoy doing this. Leave messages in the game and Miiverse sometimes.
#421 Posted by JollyGreenOne (1001 posts) -

I've been seeing a lot of holiday deals for new Wii U games (buy 2 get 1 50% off, buy 1 get 1 40% off, etc.) so I was thinking about getting a few games, even though I don't plan on getting the system anytime soon. One game I wanted to pick up early is Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed, since the first "Bonus Edition" run of the game includes content for early adapters that won't be included with later prints of the game, plus it's $40 new and it looks like something I'd have a lot of fun with.

Has anyone bought any download exclusive titles (like Trine 2: DC, Nano Assault Neo, etc.) from the eShop yet? What do you think of them?

I guess 3ds eshop funds are separate from wiiu eshop? I hope they merge the two make buying a lot easier .AutoPilotOn

A few months ago Nintendo customer service said that the 3DS and Wii U will be getting a unified eShop account system eventually.

"A unified account system will be implemented later this year with the launch of the Wii U. Eventually this same account system will be made compatible with Nintendo 3DS systems. At this time we have no additional details to offer and nothing to indicate how or if this will work outside the United States and Canada. In the meantime, if the system has a problem, taking it to an Authorized Service Center will maintain the Nintendo eShop account. If the system is stolen, we can transfer the account to a new system once we are provided with a valid police report." -- NoC customer service member, David Marshall

Source

Guess what guys?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Gamingclone

:lol: That's cool! I bet he's going to get a lot of new followers on Miiverse once the word gets around.

~Recent Wii U Videos~

Still haven't gotten aorund to updating the main page (I haven't felt well lately), but here are some recent videos you guys might want to check out.

Wii U Japanese Commercial - SUPER WII
Using the GamePad as a TV for Wii Remote play in Black Ops 2
Scribblenauts Unlimited - Link Character Trailer
Scribblenauts Unlimited - Mario Character Trailer
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition 15-second TV Commercial
Batman Arkham City Armored Edition 30-second TV Commercial
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Outrun Level on Wii U
Chasing Aurora Launch Trailer
Lego City: Undercover 'Coming Soon' TV Commercial

~Recent News~

RUMOR - Another Wii U patch coming next week, will fix freezing/loading problems:

button-fix-it.jpg

"We've heard from multiple sources that another patch is in the works for the Wii U. It's said that this patch will launch sometime next week. The patch will aim to fix freezing issues as well as long loading times between menus. I'm sure a patch is in the work for these issues, so let's hope the rumor about a release next week is spot-on!" - GoNintendo

Hopefully this is true, cross your fingers!

SOURCES:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=191170
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500721

Wii U can download firmware updates automatically in the background, even while playing certain games:

35745524_f0c2f457bd_z.jpg?zz=1

"You might be able to download the Wii U's large, slow-downloading day-one firmware update while playing games, according to online reports from Wii U owners on Reddit and GoNintendo. It seems that there's a secret background-downloading option. Good to know!

We can't test it on our already-updated Wii Us, but those of you who are just getting a system might want to try this out: When the system asks if you want to update the firmware, don't do it. Click "cancel". If you've already set up a Wi-Fi connection, the firmware update will supposedly download in the background. Later, if you're prompted again, it should be saved in your system, waiting to be installed.

Please note that we have not tried this, but users on Reddit and GoNintendo say this has worked. Please also note that the system does not make it obvious that background-downloading is an option. If we'd known it was possible, we'd have told you all sooner!

If any of you have gotten this to workor if you can confirm that it doesn'tplease chime in below." - Kotaku

Multiple users respond to say it's true:

"I can confirm that you can do this, as I did it on launch day. I sent the tip in to this site that morning." - retrokevin

"I thought this was normal. Everything I've downloaded I've done so in the background. I was wondering why some but not all people were griping about how long updates took. Now it makes more sense." - subnet6

"Yes i can confirm 100% the system update will download in the background . i just got mine loaded up Nintendo land from the start and after a hour i stopped the game and before i could shut down the system it told me it was installing the update." - MikegMD

"I believe this rumor is true. I found it extremely annoying that every game you pop in does an immediate update before you even play it! So I said F it and started the game anyway, next thing I know when I was done playing, so was the update and I just had to press install the next time I launched it." - johnyripman420

And if there's still any boubt as to wether this is true or not... Just this year, Iwata himself said that automatic updates were going to be an important part of the 3DS and Wii U.

"...all of our devices before the Nintendo 3DS had one major problem. They were structured in such a way so that unless the user proactively performed a system update him/herself, the update could never be done.

Although consumers knew that it was better to perform system updates, many did not perform them, as it was often the case that they were simply never made aware that they were available. As with smartphones, tablets, computers and operating systems, many devices today have an auto-update feature, where updates are automatically downloaded when there is an Internet connection, and put on standby, and a message that says "Updates are available for your system. Would you like to proceed?" appears later before the user finally installs the updates. At the moment the Nintendo 3DS's security remains robust, but we have prepared ourselves to minimize the damage should our security fail. Please note that, in a sense, we learned a very bitter lesson from the Nintendo DS and the Wii, and we have put it to good use in designing the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U." - Nintendo Global President, Satoru Iwata

SOURCES:

http://kotaku.com/5962224/you-might-be-able-to-download-the-wii-us-firmware-update-in-the-background?post=54484392
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=190946
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/nintendo_determined_to_beat_hackers_with_wii_u_and_3ds

Ubisoft says Wii U and Beyond Good & Evil are a good fit, explains why Rayman Legends is Wii U exclusive:

5577798376_5f6f69998d.jpg

In a interview with BG&E/Rayman creator Michel Ancel, when asked if the GameCube classic would work well on Wii U:

"You're right when you say that both the Wii U and Beyond Good And Evil fit very well, but for now I am only focused on Rayman Legends. That's [also] why I believe in an incredible Zelda game, the GamePad and classic control fit very well with such action-adventure games." - Michel Ancel

On Rayman Legends being exclusive:

"Well, technically we could to it with SmartGlass [for Xbox 360] and with the Vita being linked to the PlayStation 3. The possibility could be there, but we chose to really focus on Wii U specifically because it has a special toolset, and because everyone that buys it gets what they need to play the game.

We don't want to have the player dependent on other technology that they have to purchase to make sure they can play the full experience. Here you buy the Wii U system, you buy the game, and you can experience all of the content without extras. And we didn't want to give somebody half of the experience just for the sake of getting it out on another console. We want the player to get everything that we have to offer them from this game." - Rayman Legends' level designer, Chris McEntee

Rayman Legends slowing development on Beyond Good & Evil 2:

"What's very important is that Michel Ancel is kind of doing too many things at the same time. He was working on Rayman Origins last year, and he's working a lot on Rayman Legends this year. So, you know, when he does that, he kind of puts too much of his time on the other projects that he has. So the fact is, that working on Legends is slowing the process on Beyond Good and Evil 2.

It's really a game that we've been working, we have worked on, and is a game that we want to do. But there are so many things that have to be done that, you know, this one is going to come in line at one point, but at the moment Michel is really on Rayman Legends." - Ubisoft CEO, Yves Guillemot

It sounds like there's a fair possibility that the Wii U will be getting some BG&E(2?) love once they're done making Rayman Legends.

SOURCES:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/44017/beyond-good-and-evil-and-wii-u-are-a-good-fit-michel-ancel/
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=187297
http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/13/3640010/ubisoft-beyond-good-evil-2-still-in-the-works-rayman-titles-slowing

Assassin's Creed 3 - 'HUD-less' option in Wii U version reconfirmed:

IMG_1924.JPG

Good to know that this feature made it into the final game.

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=190422

ZombiU survival guide: 5 things you didn't know about the GamePad:

"1. Addicted To Radar

It's been shown in one of the recent trailers but most people haven't noticed the fact that there's a radar blip on the GamePad status screen. Tap the radar button, (which appears on the bottom-right, just under the area where it highlights which floor you're on) and you'll send out a pulse.

This pulse acts as a motion sensor, giving you live feedback on movement in your vicinity. It's an essential resource and while you might not always be able to see more than foot in front of you, you can rely on the motion sensor to keep you more informed."

To see the full story go tohttp://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/43921/zombi-u-tips-guide-5-things-that-will-help-you-survive/?page=1

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - Momiji FREE DLC Available Now:

14385_412765982124614_1366907973_n.png

"NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor's Edge for Wii U will have free, exclusive playable characters! The first one is Momiji, Dragon Shrine Maiden. She will be available in Challenge Mode and Ninja Trials mode in early December." - Nintendo

NG3: Razor's Edge Momiji Trailer

Local/Online Multiplayer Details:

"Clan Battle

This global online battle mode connects up to eight players at once for a team competition to see who can rack up the most kills. Each player takes control of a generic ninja, and must inflict as much carnage as possible on the other team within the five minute time limit.

Ninja Trials

In this co-op mode, you'll be challenged to defeat a flurry of foes in an array of battle stages. You can play this mode solo, locally, or connect with another player online via the Nintendo Network. Collaborate with your partner to earn additional Karma Points for the foes that you defeat. These points can be used to upgrade generic ninjas in the online modes Ninja Trial and Clan Battle.

Ninja Records

Save your records for Story Mode, Chapter Challenge, Clan Battle, and Ninja Trials to Ninja Record. Upload your records from Ninja Record to the online leaderboard to compare your ninja skills with the rest of the NINJA GAIDEN community." - Nintendo

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=190682
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=190838

Rockstar - 'Everything is up for consideration' with Grand Theft Auto V:

tumblr_m9h5arZy5F1rps8ay.jpg

"Will Take-Two bring GTA V to Wii U? Here's what Rockstar's Dan Houser had to say when asked that question...

"Everything else is up for consideration. That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are not... we are a third-party publisher. We're not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market. If that's on Apple we put something on Apple. Wherever it might be. I think that's the fun in what we do. We see ourselves as a content company that uses technology. We don't make it; we use it to make the most fun stuff." - Rockstar's Dan Houser

SOURCE:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=190939

#422 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
The Wii U YouTube app is embarrassing. Slow, UI is crap, no method of putting the video on the GamePad ... the browser version is way better.
#423 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

The Wii U YouTube app is embarrassing. Slow, UI is crap, no method of putting the video on the GamePad ... the browser version is way better.Haziqonfire

It is, and it is telling me that none of the channels Im subbed to have videos avialable, which is a lie. The app is terrible.

There are some on Miiverse who say it looks exactly like the PS3 youtube app.

*edit*

Also, great update Jolly!

Glad to hear that a firmware update is coming. I havent really noticed the slow OS myself, but I have crashed 1 or 2 times. So hopefully the rumor is true and these problems are fixed. It would be nice if eventually, there was a firmware update that gave us the ability to make folders.

I have tried out Nano Assault Neo, the game is beautiful and its graphics are very impressive. The game plays great too and I cant even get past the first cluster :P I suck. My brother has been playing Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive addition, the game has beautiful HD sprites and the music is great and he tells me that its just as fun if not more fun then the one on the 3DS. But yeah, Jolly, whenever you get the Wii U, get yourself a $50 eshop card since by the time you get the Wii U, there are going to be alot of games on the eshop that will be worth a purchase.

Which reminds me, the other day I was looking on the Mighty Switch Force Miiverse Community, and someone drew a picture with a weird looking face with a caption that said "Its hard to play the game with one hand.":lol:

*edit again* also, the 3DS info thread could really use one of your holly updates Jolly ;)

#424 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (277 posts) -

Once in awhile mine loads slowly but it's rare. It's usually never anywhere near the 15 seconds a lot of websites are claiming.

#425 Posted by Sepewrath (29945 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]The Wii U YouTube app is embarrassing. Slow, UI is crap, no method of putting the video on the GamePad ... the browser version is way better.

That is surprising, its works great in the browser. I expected it to be essentially the same thing, just a faster way of getting there.
#426 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11763 posts) -
There are some on Miiverse who say it looks exactly like the PS3 youtube appGamingclone
It's the exact same thing. Except the bottom screen shows the description but what you see on the TV is the exact same thing.
#427 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]The Wii U YouTube app is embarrassing. Slow, UI is crap, no method of putting the video on the GamePad ... the browser version is way better.

That is surprising, its works great in the browser. I expected it to be essentially the same thing, just a faster way of getting there.

Same here. The browser version is amazing. It's quick, easy to navigate and use. The app is just ... so bad.
#428 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11763 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]The Wii U YouTube app is embarrassing. Slow, UI is crap, no method of putting the video on the GamePad ... the browser version is way better.

Same here. The browser version is amazing. It's quick, easy to navigate and use. The app is just ... so bad.

The only problem I have with the browser is that it doesn't want to load some videos. It says something along the lines of the video not being supported by the browser. So I played around with it clicking on different videos and it played most but I found about 2 or 3 that were not able to be played.
#429 Posted by Sepewrath (29945 posts) -
Yeah that's been happening ever since the PS3 and Wii started having youtube support for the browser. You would get messages about some video's not being supported.
#430 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] Same here. The browser version is amazing. It's quick, easy to navigate and use. The app is just ... so bad.

Google, or whoever they have making the app can't do a good one to save their live.
#431 Posted by GamerEye (1607 posts) -

Nice update Jolly, but when will you update the 3DS info thread? You must be very busy.

#432 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] Same here. The browser version is amazing. It's quick, easy to navigate and use. The app is just ... so bad.ShuichiChamp24
Google, or whoever they have making the app can't do a good one to save their live.

Clearly they arent having google or the youtube people making the app since if they were, they would know fully well that what would be best for the app is pretty much a copy of the youtube website. With the exception of possibly uploads but yeah.

#433 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Appearently a ZombiU demo will be htting the Wii U's eshop before December the 15. But that begs the question, where is the promised Rayman Legends Demom, Ubisoft?

#434 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

So if I use a prepaid eshop card on my wiiU i cant use it on the 3ds aswell? I really want to buy mutant mudds and nano assault neo :?

Which one should I choose?

#435 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

So if I use a prepaid eshop card on my wiiU i cant use it on the 3ds aswell? I really want to buy mutant mudds and nano assault neo :?

Which one should I choose?

painguy1

Once a card is used on either the 3DS or Wii U, it can not be used again. Eventually, probably later in December, Nintendo will be combining the 3DS and Wii U's eshop so that I guess if you have your 3DS linked to your Nintendo ID, if you put money on the Wii U's eshop, it will be there on the 3DS's as well, though the money can not be duplicated, and vise versa for putting money onto the 3DS's eshop and then using it on the Wii U's.

As for what you should get, Mutant Mudds isnt on the Nintendo Wii U's eshop (yet). So I would say Nan, since I have been playing it for the past few days and it is so much fun :)

#436 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Also, I have bad news for Europeans who were planning on buying Scribblenauts Unlimited at launch. It has been delayed till next year.

Dont know why.

#437 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (277 posts) -

I posted my NN ID in a thread on Miiverse and much to my surprise 5 seconds later it was deleted by admin. Maybe they thought I was posting my facebook or twitter? Maybe we aren't allowed to put the ID in writing on Miiverse? I've seen other people do it though.......

#438 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
I had no idea you could adjust the brightness on the controller ...
#439 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

I had no idea you could adjust the brightness on the controller ... Haziqonfire

Yep you can, so maybe that battery can last more than 3-4 hours ;3

#440 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

I posted my NN ID in a thread on Miiverse and much to my surprise 5 seconds later it was deleted by admin. Maybe they thought I was posting my facebook or twitter? Maybe we aren't allowed to put the ID in writing on Miiverse? I've seen other people do it though.......

zyphyr2k12

Who knows, it might have been removed because of redunancy. Since when you view a comment, or someone's Miiverse profile, it reveals their Nin Id

Or least from the pics I've seen, I would check myself but my Wii U just crashed while I was using the internet, so Im giving it a rest.

Miiverse

#441 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -
The ability to plan on the gamepad was a feature I didn't think I'd use. Turns out its how I been playing almost totally.
#442 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

The ability to plan on the gamepad was a feature I didn't think I'd use. Turns out its how I been playing almost totally. AutoPilotOn

What game are you playing?

#443 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8655 posts) -
Black Ops2. I spent the last couple days staying at my parents with my GF. While they are all watching TV in the living I can sit and play my wiiu. Pretty handy feature I think.
#444 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Yeah it is awesome, just an hour ago my brother was using the TV playing Black Ops 2 (360) and I grabbed the gamepad and started playing Nano Assault Neo. Then I browsed the web for abit.

#445 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

So I just got my first nintendo that I've owned in the past 10 years (Wii U) and I'm sure I've got a few choice games to catch up on... which brings me to my issue.

The Wii Shop Channel is terrible! Why can you not buy the best Wii games on there? No Metroid collection, no Zelda, not even Super Mario Universe? Is my Wii Shop Channel just f*cked or does the Wii Shop Channel just suck this bad? I really thought the essentials would be on there but it's mostly just lame little games that I have no interest in.

Now the Virtual Console has some good classics but I was wanting to try some of the Wii stuff.

#446 Posted by Sepewrath (29945 posts) -
The ability to plan on the gamepad was a feature I didn't think I'd use. Turns out its how I been playing almost totally. AutoPilotOn
Yeah I've been playing Mario pretty much exclusively on the Gamepad, AC3 though I play on the TV, but love that I have the option to play it on the Gamepad.
#447 Posted by BolshevikParty (25 posts) -
What is the quality of the game when it is displayed in the gamepad?
#448 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12833 posts) -

What is the quality of the game when it is displayed in the gamepad?BolshevikParty
480p

#449 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (277 posts) -

So I just got my first nintendo that I've owned in the past 10 years (Wii U) and I'm sure I've got a few choice games to catch up on... which brings me to my issue.

The Wii Shop Channel is terrible! Why can you not buy the best Wii games on there? No Metroid collection, no Zelda, not even Super Mario Universe? Is my Wii Shop Channel just f*cked or does the Wii Shop Channel just suck this bad? I really thought the essentials would be on there but it's mostly just lame little games that I have no interest in.

Now the Virtual Console has some good classics but I was wanting to try some of the Wii stuff.

jer_1
Nah, they never had Wii retail titles available for download. It would be nice if they did, I agree. So maybe they will add them along with Gamecube games in a future VC.
#450 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

Scribblenauts is awesome. I'm terrible at the editor, but I have some awesome ideas so hopefully with practice I'll get better.