Wii Game Recommendation thread - ALL 'Which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Any good Stategy games on the VC? Military Madness looked pretty good, IMO.epayps2

Military Madness is brilliant. Really long game, and really deep strategy; you and the computer each have a set army and can't build more. This makes the battles less like RTS style battles of attrition and more like... chess :P Also there's some really cool units like minefields, motorbike squads and giant artillery that can only be transported by planes or trucks, in addition to all the tanks and aircraft. For 600 points, you really can't go wrong. Hope I helped!

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#202 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

I've got a few here...

Mario Galaxy (get it because it's Game of the Year '07)

Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock (Wi-Fi is really good and competitive)

Virtual Console Super Mario Bros. 3 (extremely good value)

Biendeo

all of them

Linebeck332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Linebeck332
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

Does anybody have metriod prime 3 corruption and would like to get another new friend to there list please tell me and also pokemon battle revolution(not avalable)would you like a new friend respond to these messages if youany of these games and thankyou for caring

_ _

WFC:5277 3955 7873 5383

Krishanrulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Krishanrulz
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hi,

I recently got a wii and I want a good shooting game.What would you recommend?

BTW, I've already got Resident Evil 4.

Thanks

WWE_MANIAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 WWE_MANIAC
Member since 2006 • 265 Posts

Ummm, which can I get,

1. Harry Potter

2. Avatar the Burning Earth

which of the 2 games are nice??

----------------------------------

Linebeck332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Linebeck332
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

I haven't played harry potter but avatar is a good game

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#207 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
NiGHTS, Ghost Squad, or Sonic Riders?
Demon-Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 Demon-Kirby
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

I own many of the big Wii games (that didn't sound right). In my opinion, it's:

1. Super Mario Galaxy. I wouldn't say it is the best Mario game, but it is pretty close. It goes back to the style of N64 Mario rather than Sunshine's style.

2. Metroid Prime 3. If you played past Metroid Prime games, the controls may be a bit hard to get used to at first, but I eventually grew into them. Remember that Metroid Prime is more of a puzzle shooter than an action shooter, but fun nonetheless.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. While it is somewhat different from past Zelda games, it is a fun experience. The puzzles are not exactly hard, and the bosses are relatively easy. Plus, you get to play as a wolf. A frikkin' wolf.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 alexh_99

Hi,

Thanks

Krishanrulz

medal of honor heroes 2. It has 32 players online lag free. it is really good.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#210 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Hmm looking to get a new game tommorow undecided on which to get though, it's a toss up between Zack and Wiki, Geometry Wars and Trauma Center, may not be able to get Trauma Center though, the other 2 only come out tommorow so they'll definiteley have them, which of those 2 do people think is better?
Krishanrulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Krishanrulz
[QUOTE="Krishanrulz"]

Hi,

Thanks

alexh_99

Thanks for that. now all I have to do is wait til February for it to come out in Australia

PSP_DSL_ROX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#212 PSP_DSL_ROX
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

I'm thinking about getting guitar hero III for the Wii... Is it as much fun if you don't list to rock music?

So far, the songs I've seen that are on the game are things I haven't heard before, except for one or two... Do you think the game is still as much fun without being familiar with the songs?

Is there any alternative on the Wii that has something other than rock?

Thanks!

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#213 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts
Hmm looking to get a new game tommorow undecided on which to get though, it's a toss up between Zack and Wiki, Geometry Wars and Trauma Center, may not be able to get Trauma Center though, the other 2 only come out tommorow so they'll definiteley have them, which of those 2 do people think is better?bobbetybob
I haven't played Trauma Center so I can't judge on it. But out of Zack and Wiki and Geometry Wars I would say Zack and Wiki easily. Zack and Wiki is amazing and is a better value IMO. You can read my review of Zack and Wiki, I don't have any for the others. Geometry Wars is a good game though and has some nice gameplay. But it doesn't have the greatest depth and is more of a game that is suited for handhelds so I would get the DS version over the Wii version.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Nice list of games

:D

My Brawl Character Select Scree 1 more time.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#215 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]Hmm looking to get a new game tommorow undecided on which to get though, it's a toss up between Zack and Wiki, Geometry Wars and Trauma Center, may not be able to get Trauma Center though, the other 2 only come out tommorow so they'll definiteley have them, which of those 2 do people think is better?bededog
I haven't played Trauma Center so I can't judge on it. But out of Zack and Wiki and Geometry Wars I would say Zack and Wiki easily. Zack and Wiki is amazing and is a better value IMO. You can read my review of Zack and Wiki, I don't have any for the others. Geometry Wars is a good game though and has some nice gameplay. But it doesn't have the greatest depth and is more of a game that is suited for handhelds so I would get the DS version over the Wii version.

Thanks I got Zack and Wiki, it's awesome, I'm up to the lava segment already and I tried the 9/10 star one and got stuck about halfway I think I got rid of a ball I might've needed, ahh well I'll figure it out eventually.

Akel777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#216 Akel777
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts
Alright, I need some help. I've already beaten most of the main wii games. I picked up Lego Star Wars because I heard it was good coop, but I guess it's too easy for my tastes and getting studs feel like a painful chore. So now I want to trade it in. My list that I'm curious about would be this: No More Heroes, Endless Ocean, and DBZ BT3. Anyone care to share some light ?
cheetacuz007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#218 cheetacuz007
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
I'd go with No More Heroes, it has an original style and looks like it's going to be a great game.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#219 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
[QUOTE="Krishanrulz"]

Hi,

Thanks

alexh_99

heros 2 is pretty lame . its the best wii shooter but thats not say much . bwii is better but its not an fps
Androu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Androu1
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts

This isn't really a recommendation question or anything,but it would be dumb to make a topic for it,so:

What's the cheaper that I can get Super Paper Mario?

Androu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Androu1

Kinda scrap that.

What one should I get of those:

-MP3

-Super Paper Mario

-Sonic and the Secret Rings

-Sonic Riders:Zero Gravity?

m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
Should I get Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity or NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams?
Androu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Androu1

Should I get Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity or NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams?m1k3m

If you liked the original Riders,get Zero Gravity.From what I read,it's WAY better in all aspects.

But,I heard NiGHTS has some kind of parts where you play with some kids.I heard they are most of the game and they control awfully and are way too boring.

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#224 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

Kinda scrap that.

-MP3

-Super Paper Mario

Androu1

mp3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Androu1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Androu1
[QUOTE="Androu1"]

Kinda scrap that.

-MP3

-Super Paper Mario

PeterPerson

mp3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I knew that was the safest bet.But I love Sonic and Paper Mario too.So I am not sure...

But,I think that I should stick to MP3 and I get Sonic and SPM later on :P

Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts

Kinda scrap that.

-MP3

-Super Paper Mario

Androu1

MP3 for sure.

357Python

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 357Python
Member since 2004 • 45 Posts

I need some help. I just bought a wii and this is the first time i have owned a nintendo system since the original NES. I don't know what game to purchase next. I have it narrowed down to Zelda: twilight princess, metroid 3: corruption, trauma center second opinion or new blood. Now i am a hard core console RPGer and FPSer. My favorite games are KOTOR 1 and 2, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, GTA series. etc. I just got done playing manhunt 2 and it sucked. So any help would be appreciated.

Some people say" John why do you have snot on your socks?".....I then reply" Why are you lookin at my socks?"

Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Taggsai

I need some help. I just bought a wii and this is the first time i have owned a nintendo system since the original NES. I don't know what game to purchase next. I have it narrowed down to Zelda: twilight princess, metroid 3: corruption, trauma center second opinion or new blood. Now i am a hard core console RPGer and FPSer. My favorite games are KOTOR 1 and 2, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, GTA series. etc. I just got done playing manhunt 2 and it sucked. So any help would be appreciated.

357Python

I would say go for Metroid Prime 3. Second choice = Zelda Twilight Princess

darkgamingdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#229 darkgamingdude
Member since 2005 • 6032 Posts

Kinda scrap that.

-MP3

-Super Paper Mario

Androu1

Prime 3 > Super Paper Mario > Sonic and the Secret Rings > Sonic Riders

Get Prime 3 :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Is Soul Calibur Legends worth 20 bucks or should i not even bother with it?
Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Taggsai

Is Soul Calibur Legends worth 20 bucks or should i not even bother with it?Haziqonfire

For 20 bucks, I'd say yes. I enjoyed it..

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Is Soul Calibur Legends worth 20 bucks or should i not even bother with it?Taggsai

For 20 bucks, I'd say yes. I enjoyed it..

Hm, ill have to see -- it seems above average. I might just rent it.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

Some people say" John why do you have snot on your socks?".....I then reply" Why are you lookin at my socks?"

357Python

Zelda: Twilight Princess or MP3

Revontulet09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Revontulet09
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

Hey,

I just got a new points card, bringing my total to 2400 points. I need a reccomendation on a game like Shining Force. Ive played the original (which was amazing, which is why i need something like it), and I have no idea when they are going to release Shining Force 2 for virtual console.

Does anybody know of vc games that aresimilar toshining force, and really, reallygood?

P.S. I currently own Mario 64, Starfox 64, Sonic 3, and Super Metroid. Ofcourse, none of them are like Shining force, anyway.

ossiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 ossiron
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hey Everyone!

I'm a relatively new Wii-gamer, and have games such as; Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess and Red Steel (sadly...). I am looking into buying a new game but am at a sheer loss as to go Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4. I am leaning towards Metroid however blowing the heads off "innocent" Zombies does make my fingers tingle. Is there a better of the two or should I go for an alternative game altogether?

I'm into RPG's and Action/Adventure though there doesn't seem much out at the moment to satisfy those needs. So, I thought a nice affable shooter would quench my thirst for games, while I wait for a game like crystal chronicles to debut on the glossy-white Wii.

Thanks in advance, from your friendly neighbourhood gaming Nerd.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Hey,

I just got a new points card, bringing my total to 2400 points. I need a reccomendation on a game like Shining Force. Ive played the original (which was amazing, which is why i need something like it), and I have no idea when they are going to release Shining Force 2 for virtual console.

Does anybody know of vc games that aresimilar toshining force, and really, reallygood?

P.S. I currently own Mario 64, Starfox 64, Sonic 3, and Super Metroid. Ofcourse, none of them are like Shining force, anyway.

Revontulet09

I'm not sure what games are similar to Shine Force but I recommend Act Raiser. It's a fairly short game but it's great. It's worth replaying no doubt about it. It's a mix between Castlevania style action and a simplified Sim City or Civilization.

Also, Paper Mario is a great game.

Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Taggsai

Hey Everyone!

I'm a relatively new Wii-gamer, and have games such as; Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess and Red Steel (sadly...). I am looking into buying a new game but am at a sheer loss as to go Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4. I am leaning towards Metroid however blowing the heads off "innocent" Zombies does make my fingers tingle. Is there a better of the two or should I go for an alternative game altogether?

I'm into RPG's and Action/Adventure though there doesn't seem much out at the moment to satisfy those needs. So, I thought a nice affable shooter would quench my thirst for games, while I wait for a game like crystal chronicles to debut on the glossy-white Wii.

ossiron

If you have Wifi/Wireless Internet, honestly I'd say Medal of Honor: Heroes 2. The online gameplay is amazing.

If not, I'd say.. RE4. I liked it much more than Metroid.

PSP_DSL_ROX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 PSP_DSL_ROX

3 Guitar Hero III questions:

1). If you don't listen to rock music and only have heard one or two of the songs, will guitar hero be any fun?

2). I read at Gamestops website that they aren't shipping the Wii guitar heros because they are being changed or something... Is there really a problem and if so, am I best to wait and get it?

3). Friend is learning to play guitar, does guitar hero benefit at all in learning to play real guitar?

Thanks!

Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Taggsai

3 Guitar Hero III questions:

1). If you don't listen to rock music and only have heard one or two of the songs, will guitar hero be any fun?

2). I read at Gamestops website that they aren't shipping the Wii guitar heros because they are being changed or something... Is there really a problem and if so, am I best to wait and get it?

3). Friend is learning to play guitar, does guitar hero benefit at all in learning to play real guitar?

Thanks!

PSP_DSL_ROX

1) Yes. I am a huge fan of rap/country and rarely ever listen to anything on GH3, I own it an enjoy it VERY much.

2) You probably couldn't even find one now anyways, but yeah, you are best to wait about.. 3-4 more weeks before you pick it up, especially if you play on a TV that has surround sound.

3) No, not really lol.

PSP_DSL_ROX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 PSP_DSL_ROX

Thanks, I've never really played it before, so I didn't know if it would still be fun. I seen it on TV the other day and it looked like a lot of fun, so I thought it might be fun to get.

I have found them online in many places and my local Wal-Mart has them quite often, but it doesn't bother me to wait a while anyway. I've barely got any time to play it right now anyway!

Thanks, that is what I figured. I didn't know if it would help at all, the only thing I could think of was just exercising the fingers to get them a little more flexible, but I didn't think it would be much help anyway!

Thanks again!

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts

Hey Everyone!

ossiron
Actually, i would suggest getting Super Paper Mario. It is a Platformer/Adventure game with RPG element. But between the ones you listed, i would say RE4 if you like survival horror games.
ossiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 ossiron
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

I am not actually a fan of the Resident Evil series and have actually never played any of them which may be a bit of a head scratch-er for some people... I have played the start of Paper Mario on the 64 and it was spectacular, I never did get around to buying it though. So, I will surely consider it.

Anyway, Thanks once again!

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
Everyone should look into Baroque.
ali_bryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 ali_bryan
I only have money for one game and I was wondering if I should get Mario galaxy or if I should wait for Brawl, I really want to get something with lots of replay value.
NaelNael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 NaelNael
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts

Hello everyone, i have games from almost all genres for the wii, but is there a decent racing game (exclude NFS and crusin')

TIA

Black747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Black747
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
Yo, should I get No More Heroes or Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 alexh_99

I only have money for one game and I was wondering if I should get Mario galaxy or if I should wait for Brawl, I really want to get something with lots of replay value.ali_bryan

Wait for brawl, and get galaxy later. Brawl has so much replay value