Wii Game Recommendation thread - ALL 'Which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smashfi3nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 smashfi3nd
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
nice list Ive got some of those gameslegend of zelda has great game-play and story and Mario galaxy amazing game-play typical Mario story but still a great game:D
PS2_Fan27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 PS2_Fan27
Member since 2005 • 470 Posts
I need some advice on which virtual console games i should get. I already have super mario 64, kid icarus, donkey kong, and sonic 3. Which other ones should i get?
davidwes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 davidwes
Member since 2005 • 89 Posts
There are no driving games on that list (not that I think any of the wii driving games are good right now though). I am considering buying Indy 500 Legends though I wish Gamespot had a review.
Miisterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 Miisterr
Member since 2007 • 241 Posts

There are no driving games on that list (not that I think any of the wii driving games are good right now though). I am considering buying Indy 500 Legends though I wish Gamespot had a review.davidwes

im just waiting for mario kart.. :P

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#105 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

I need some advice on which virtual console games i should get. I already have super mario 64, kid icarus, donkey kong, and sonic 3. Which other ones should i get?PS2_Fan27

LOZ: Ocarina of time is a great choice

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Anyone downloaded the virtual Console title Cybernator?Kaze_no_Mirai

Anyone? :shock:

nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
Should i get guitar hero or smash bros for my birthday? i only played smash bros a few times but i didnt like it much but ive played guitar hero twice on the 360 using the NORMAL 360 CONTROLLER, NOT THE GUITAR and i found it really fun. i can always get smash bros for christmas later or rent it.
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 alexh_99

Should i get guitar hero or smash bros for my birthday? i only played smash bros a few times but i didnt like it much but ive played guitar hero twice on the 360 using the NORMAL 360 CONTROLLER, NOT THE GUITAR and i found it really fun. i can always get smash bros for christmas later or rent it. nintendoman562

In my opinion get both. Guitar hero is amazing! and super smash bros brawl will be amazing!!!!! Get guitar hero for your birthday (it costs more) and save up enough money to buy smash bros brawl.

Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts

If you didn't like the first Smash Bros, then I would get GH3. I have Melee for GC, and I never really enjoyed it a lot, so I'll probably be holding off on Smash Bros.

So yeah- get Guitar Hero.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

Having a hard time choosing between Metroid Prime 3 or Super Mario Galaxy. :) Reason your choice would be appreciated. If it helps,I would rather want the one thats gonna last longer.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts
Anyone downloaded Legend of Hero Tonma (TG-16) and Top Hunter (Neo Geo). I want to know if it's worth I'm interested on both but never played on them.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaze_no_Mirai"]Anyone downloaded the virtual Console title Cybernator?Kaze_no_Mirai

Anyone? :shock:

I didn't download it but I know the game. If you like Contra or any run and shoot games, you'll like it.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 alexh_99

Having a hard time choosing between Metroid Prime 3 or Super Mario Galaxy. :) Reason your choice would be appreciated. If it helps,I would rather want the one thats gonna last longer.

killab2oo5

Get galaxy. Its the better game, and trying to get all 120 stars will take you awhile. Also running upsidedown and flying through space is just fun

Miisterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Miisterr

killab2oo5

two words: Mario - Galaxy ..

WHY? ..:because its (IMO) much more fun, and its pretty long too.. getting all 120 stars is really difficult, (without the gamespot guide or any other guide that tells you where to find each and every star :P).. every level its uniqe and very fun to play! and.. it won the game of the year award.. :D .. i dont have metroid.. but i played it .. a friend lend it to me and i cleared 10% of the game.. its preatty cool also.. but i have.. and preffer galaxy..

Miisterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Miisterr
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

Miisterr

two words: Mario - Galaxy ..

WHY? ..:because its (IMO) much more fun, and its pretty long too.. getting all 120 stars is really difficult, (without the gamespot guide or any other guide that tells you where to find each and every star :P).. every level its uniqe and very fun to play! and.. it won the game of the year award.. :D .. i dont have metroid.. but i played it .. a friend lend it to me and i cleared 10% of the game.. its preatty cool also.. but i have.. and preffer galaxy..

o yhea.. sorry i forgot: the 10% i cleared in metroid prime was in 3-3:30hours..

Miisterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Miisterr

Should i get guitar hero or smash bros for my birthday? i only played smash bros a few times but i didnt like it much but ive played guitar hero twice on the 360 using the NORMAL 360 CONTROLLER, NOT THE GUITAR and i found it really fun. i can always get smash bros for christmas later or rent it. nintendoman562

i would get brawl.. but thats cuz i loved the last 2 games of smash.. and i think GH is also an awsom game.. but i recomed u to go to the smash bros dojo.. www.smashbros.comand take a look of whats gonna have for u brawl.. but i honestly think that if u didnt enjoy the last smash.. u should get GH and later on smash.. I totally agree with alexh_99 ..

hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
alright i got $130 plus. im going to pre order NMH but then i dont know what to get. im kind of looking at DBZ BT3(loved 2) and FE:RD. any other games i should look into? i already have SMG, MP3, ZW, and pretty much all the main wii games
inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 inflammable01
Member since 2007 • 1374 Posts
having a hard time choosing between zack and wiki and warioware smooth moves. I really do want a great party game and a decent single player. Which game do u think is the better game overall?
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
having a hard time choosing between zack and wiki and warioware smooth moves. I really do want a great party game and a decent single player. Which game do u think is the better game overall?inflammable01
get zack and wiki and get warioware used. that would be about the same costas a 360 game.
Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts
[QUOTE="m1k3m"]

I think you should buy NiGHTS first and then buy DBZ later on. I played NiGHTS today and it was quite fun. And for the Street Fighter thing Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting is the one you wanna buy.

alexh_99

I disagree. I say get DBZ, it has amazing controls, with over 150 characters to choose from, the 1p is amazing and it has so many extras: Tournments, creating your own character (well choosing a chracter and buying items for them/ giving them better strength and defense) also there is this 100 mission thing where there are100 missons that you have to complete, for example beat these three characters (piccolo, goku, cooler) using only 1 fighter. The online mode is the only downside, it is super laggy, but once that gets fixed it will be amazing!!!

Now I am really confused! Well I guess I'll get DBZT3 since I am more familar to the series. I'll play NiGHTS more at my cousin's house to see if I really like it and get that later. Thanks for your opinions!

Avatar image for augustburnsred9
augustburnsred9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 augustburnsred9

im looking at re4, zelda tp, metroid 3, and mario galaxy. i already have re4 for gc and dont know whether to get it again. love fps's so metroid looks good. never played a zelda game but this one looks good. mario got best reviews but im not into platformers. which one should i get???????
Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Taggsai

im looking at re4, zelda tp, metroid 3, and mario galaxy. i already have re4 for gc and dont know whether to get it again. love fps's so metroid looks good. never played a zelda game but this one looks good. mario got best reviews but im not into platformers. which one should i get???????augustburnsred9

Judging from what you said, I would go with Metroid Prime 3. If you've beaten RE4 on GC, then you might not get as into it on the Wii, though it is very good game on the Wii.

If you aren't into platformers, then I would say stay awaom from Galaxy. If you've never played a Zelda, you may find Twilight Princess very difficult to get into.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 alexh_99

im looking at re4, zelda tp, metroid 3, and mario galaxy. i already have re4 for gc and dont know whether to get it again. love fps's so metroid looks good. never played a zelda game but this one looks good. mario got best reviews but im not into platformers. which one should i get???????augustburnsred9

All of them are must haves

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 alexh_99

alright i got $130 plus. im going to pre order NMH but then i dont know what to get. im kind of looking at DBZ BT3(loved 2) and FE:RD. any other games i should look into? i already have SMG, MP3, ZW, and pretty much all the main wii gameshustler_151

Super smash bros brawl

Miisterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Miisterr

[QUOTE="hustler_151"]alright i got $130 plus. im going to pre order NMH but then i dont know what to get. im kind of looking at DBZ BT3(loved 2) and FE:RD. any other games i should look into? i already have SMG, MP3, ZW, and pretty much all the main wii gamesalexh_99

Super smash bros brawl

exatlly!..

yoshi1476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126 yoshi1476
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
I am tired of surfing the internet looking for games to buy. I want to buy a good wii game that i won't complete over the weekend and forget about. Can anyone suggest a good game which isn't violent/m 15+. I already have Eledees(Elebits), Mario Glaxy, Metroid 3, Lego Star Wars. Wii Sports, Wii Play and Paper Mario. So anyone know of a good game? (Except for Zelda)
Slayer9900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Slayer9900
Member since 2005 • 39 Posts

Great list, your description of Medal Honour makes it seem very good, but Im not sure..? does it use the Zapper?

Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Taggsai

Great list, your description of Medal Honour makes it seem very good, but Im not sure..? does it use the Zapper?

Slayer9900

It can use the Zapper, yes, but you don't have to.

It's a great game, especially if your Wii is hooked up to the internet. The online multiplayer is amazing.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#129 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Do any of you guys know a good co-op game? My sister wants a good co-op game so she's gonna ask my dad for one. She prefers platformer games or any game where you can walk around on your free will. She never did like Tales of Symphonia cause of that. I was thinking Lego Starwars Complete Saga, would anyone recommend that?
novak243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 novak243
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
im thinking about buy medal of honor 2, which i would mainly play online with. Can someone tell me if its true that u can make friends with outfriend codes on it and if its worth the 50$.
carrotjuice123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#131 carrotjuice123
Member since 2007 • 146 Posts
does anyone know when smash bothers brawl will come out in the UK?
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

im thinking about buy medal of honor 2, which i would mainly play online with. Can someone tell me if its true that u can make friends with outfriend codes on it and if its worth the 50$.novak243

Yeah, you don't need friend codes. The account you create within the game uses a login and password, and you get to choose a persona that everyone will know you by. You can add anybody to your friends list. It's a much more traditional online system, and it works well.

It's definitely worth $50 if you play online. Even without online, it has a solid campaign and a fun arcade mode. The biggest downside is no offline multiplayer. I'm a bit annoyed by that. Otherwise, it's a quality game.

musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts

does anyone know when smash bothers brawl will come out in the UK?carrotjuice123

i heard june

Do any of you guys know a good co-op game? My sister wants a good co-op game so she's gonna ask my dad for one. She prefers platformer games or any game where you can walk around on your free will. She never did like Tales of Symphonia cause of that. I was thinking Lego Starwars Complete Saga, would anyone recommend that?Kenny789

well i know they were two lego stars wars games were great co-op so i dont see why the complete saga isnt. also ghost squad i great even though you cant walk whereever you want.

I am tired of surfing the internet looking for games to buy. I want to buy a good wii game that i won't complete over the weekend and forget about. Can anyone suggest a good game which isn't violent/m 15+. I already have Eledees(Elebits), Mario Glaxy, Metroid 3, Lego Star Wars. Wii Sports, Wii Play and Paper Mario. So anyone know of a good game? (Except for Zelda)yoshi1476
musicman748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 musicman748
Member since 2007 • 2754 Posts

I am tired of surfing the internet looking for games to buy. I want to buy a good wii game that i won't complete over the weekend and forget about. Can anyone suggest a good game which isn't violent/m 15+. I already have Eledees(Elebits), Mario Glaxy, Metroid 3, Lego Star Wars. Wii Sports, Wii Play and Paper Mario. So anyone know of a good game? (Except for Zelda)yoshi1476

sorry for double posting its just the other one was to long. you should get super paper mario or guitar hero 3.

EDIT: also you might like excite truck or super mario strikers charged

demio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 demio123
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
Is mario:strikers charged worth buying, i see it everywhere and i don't know what its about or anything
novak243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 novak243

[QUOTE="novak243"]im thinking about buy medal of honor 2, which i would mainly play online with. Can someone tell me if its true that u can make friends with outfriend codes on it and if its worth the 50$.JordanElek

Yeah, you don't need friend codes. The account you create within the game uses a login and password, and you get to choose a persona that everyone will know you by. You can add anybody to your friends list. It's a much more traditional online system, and it works well.

It's definitely worth $50 if you play online. Even without online, it has a solid campaign and a fun arcade mode. The biggest downside is no offline multiplayer. I'm a bit annoyed by that. Otherwise, it's a quality game.

Thanks for the answer but, I have one last questions about medal of honor. I have a little brother so, will we both be able to make an account for online play or would we have to share the same name.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 alexh_99
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="novak243"]im thinking about buy medal of honor 2, which i would mainly play online with. Can someone tell me if its true that u can make friends with outfriend codes on it and if its worth the 50$.novak243

Thanks for the answer but, I have one last questions about medal of honor. I have a little brother so, will we both be able to make an account for online play or would we have to share the same name.

you can both make a seperate account

CiocioE1E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 CiocioE1E
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts
whats the first wii game i should get?
hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
I got DBZ:BT3. i was thinking about getting FE:RD but they didnt have it so i got DBZ. its still in its wrapping. should i just return DBZ and get FE or keep it(i love DBZBT2 and have never played a FE but i could use a good stradegy RPG and my wii doesnt get much play)
wii360fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 wii360fan
Member since 2008 • 354 Posts
First Wii game....Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3: Corruption are two must haves. Either is a good starting point but you really need both. If you are into the FPS Metroid is your ticket and I'd also recommend Medal of Honor Heroes 2.
Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Taggsai

Is mario:strikers charged worth buying, i see it everywhere and i don't know what its about or anythingdemio123

Honestly? I don't think so. It's a soccer game that is extremely difficult/frustrating. I'd rent it and try it out first.

The online play is dominated by pros, and unless you're really good, chances are high you'll get stomped nearly every time.

whats the first wii game i should get?CiocioE1E

Most people will say Super Mario galaxy, but- It really depends on what you like. Check the first post in this thread and try and narrow it down to a few.

I got DBZ:BT3. i was thinking about getting FE:RD but they didnt have it so i got DBZ. its still in its wrapping. should i just return DBZ and get FE or keep it(i love DBZBT2 and have never played a FE but i could use a good stradegy RPG and my wii doesnt get much play)hustler_151

If you loved the first, why not stick with what you know? DBZ:BT3 has really bad online, but there's a chance you may not like FE:RD and then you really would have wasted your money. I'd keep DBZ:BT3, and rent FE:RD. Go from there.

foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts

I NEED ANSWERS QUICK PLEASE

Um so exactly what game should i get like right now?Im thinking maybe Godzilla unleahsed but im not sure. Im looking for a good game that will last me a long time, don't say SMG or something like because i really don't like SMG (or Z&W). Or do you think i should wait? Like maybe get something else like endless ocean when it comes out. Rigth now i have: MP3, MOHH2, LOZ: TP, and GH3. So any suggestions. Im in the store right now and don't bother asking how i posted this.

Avatar image for NativeWarrior94
NativeWarrior94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 NativeWarrior94
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
Nice list
novak243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 novak243

Um so exactly what game should i get like right now?Im thinking maybe Godzilla unleahsed but im not sure. Im looking for a good game that will last me a long time, don't say SMG or something like because i really don't like SMG (or Z&W). Or do you think i should wait? Like maybe get something else like endless ocean when it comes out. Rigth now i have: MP3, MOHH2, LOZ: TP, and GH3. So any suggestions. Im in the store right now and don't bother asking how i posted this.

foola12

Dont get Godzilla i heard that game is horrible. I would reccomend RE umbrella chronicles or RE 4 if u havent already got it on game cube

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 alexh_99
[QUOTE="foola12"]

novak243

Dont get Godzilla i heard that game is horrible. I would reccomend RE umbrella chronicles or RE 4 if u havent already got it on game cube

re4 is a good idea, and so is Medal of honor heroes 2 (if you have online) also you might want to wait for brawl.

Jakendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Jakendo
Member since 2007 • 3841 Posts

Anybody know any good Genesis games? I already have Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe, and the Sonic Mega Collection for GC (it contains Sonic 1,2,3, Sonic 3D Blasst, Sonic Spinball, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and Ristar). The games that fascinate me are:

• Comix Zone
  • Altered Beast
  • Shinobi 3
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Beyond Oasis
  • Landstalker
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Alien Storm
  • Dynamite Headdy
  • Shining Force
I heard that there was a sega collection for the PS2. I was wandering which games on the list were on there. Any help is apreciated.
DrAlex200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 DrAlex200
i noticed that twilight princess was not on there. its a great game as well