Xbox One has sold 3 MILLION consoles World wide!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Original source:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you

More sources:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/6/5280112/xbox-one-2013-sales-3-million-units

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/01/06/xbox-one-sells-over-3-million-consoles-in-2013

http://bgr.com/2014/01/06/xbox-one-sales-2013-3-million/

In order as of 5 minutes ago.

Microsoft sold more than 3 million units of the Xbox One worldwide in 2013, announced company executive Yusuf Mehdi on Xbox Wire today.

"Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013," said Mehdi, corporate vice president of marketing, strategy and business for Microsoft's Xbox division. Microsoft launched the console Nov. 22 in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, the U.K., the U.S. and New Zealand.

More than 1 million Xbox Ones were sold globally on Nov. 22, while Microsoft reached the 2 million mark 17 days later. According to Microsoft, the Xbox One was the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during the month of November.

We've reached out to Sony to ask if the company can share its latest PlayStation 4 sales data, and will update this article with any information we receive.

-

Microsoft has announced that over three million Xbox One consoles were sold "in 13 countries before the end of 2013."

"It’s been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November," Yusuf Mehdi, VP of Xbox marketing and strategy, said.

"Since our launch, demand for Xbox One has been strong, selling out throughout the holidays at most retailers worldwide. We are continuing to work hard to deliver additional consoles to retailers as fast as possible," he added.

-

Industry watchers are divided when it comes to which new console will with this generation of the much hyped “console wars,” but many seem to be siding with Sony’s PlayStation 4. While the PS4 is indeed still extremely difficult to find on store shelves, writing off Microsoft at this early stage in the game would be unwise. In fact, the company just announced that sales of its new Xbox One video game console totaled 3 million units in 2013. Microsoft’s Xbox One went on sale on November 22nd and about two and a half weeks later, sales totaled 2 million units. The 3 million unit milestone took just 40 days to reach.

“Together, we ushered in a new era of games and entertainment with Xbox One,” Microsoft said in its announcement. “Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013. It’s been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November. Since our launch, demand for Xbox One has been strong, selling out throughout the holidays at most retailers worldwide. We are continuing to work hard to deliver additional consoles to retailers as fast as possible.”

The Xbox one is ahead!! VICTORY!!!!

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jakandsigz

But Sony is probably close behind.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

PS4 is prob at 6 million then and thus SDC. Thank you SONY.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Well that 3:1 number cows were throwing around would put Sony at 9 mil. I told the cows to be careful with the hype. This board might get real entertaining this month.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

If the Xbox has sold 3M in 13 countries, then the PS4 must be at like 12M. Everybody knows the PS4 is going to sell at least 3x as many consoles, plus it's sold in many more countries. /S

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Don't forget, Sony made the claim they would sell 3 million by years end. Their silence might indicate that they owned themselves.

Wouldn't be the first time.

THE ONE, delivering next gen gaming to the masses.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jakandsigz

@Desmonic said:

Aren't you jumping the gun a little bit TC? We haven't had any more numbers from Sony shortly after launch. Would laugh if Sony shows a lead of 1 million+.

Either way, congrats to MS :)

Read the second post. I assumed most people would not read that because SW and reading don't mix. I would say tie or so. If only because of PS4 supply.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I love seeing you upset lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Heil68

@Jaysonguy said:

@Heil68 said:

I own both since I'm unbiased and post for truth, justice and freedom. I win(like always)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-583e460ca986b

Microsoft must have had a HUGE December. Something like 1.5 million. Sony not having any stock might hurt them. Looks like the internet world and the real world are still very different. All you trolls need to find new outlets to get your fanboy agenda heard.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

Just had to post here again as a informal congratulations to MS, Major Nelson, Albert Penello, Tom Cruise, Oprah and all others who support having the best that technology can offer.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Sounds like the Xbox one isn't as unpopular as cows want people to believe. Sony better continue to keep up the pace because right now they have a small lead and could easily lose it.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jakandsigz

@Desmonic said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Desmonic said:

Aren't you jumping the gun a little bit TC? We haven't had any more numbers from Sony shortly after launch. Would laugh if Sony shows a lead of 1 million+.

Read the second post. I assumed most people would not read that because SW and reading don't mix. I would say tie or so. If only because of PS4 supply.

I read it. And it clearly did not say "tie". You clearly say "close behind" without any numbers but the MS ones.

Like I said: jumping the gun much?

What part of "tie or so" are you not able to comprehend through you small head.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@Heil68 said:

I own both since I'm unbiased and post for truth, justice and freedom. I win(like always)

Suuuuuuuure

God I love seeing you this upset, what's best is that you're letting it leak into all your other posts as well lol

Here's a tip from your better, go take some time away from this place. You're falling apart

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68

@Jaysonguy said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jaysonguy said:

@Heil68 said:

Suuuuuuuure

God I love seeing you this upset, what's best is that you're letting it leak into all your other posts as well lol

Here's a tip from your better, go take some time away from this place. You're falling apart

I am upset. I'm upset I have som many games to play and not enough time to play them *le sigh*

I can't take time away from here either, I need something to do at work. :D

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Congrats to Microsoft. When was the last time Sony announced numbers for the PS4?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I'm glad the next gen of consoles are getting off to a healthy start. I'm sure Sony's numbers are better though,.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@Desmonic said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Microsoft must have had a HUGE December. Something like 1.5 million. Sony not having any stock might hurt them. Looks like the internet world and the real world are still very different. All you trolls need to find new outlets to get your fanboy agenda heard.

Much like cows making dumb claims, you too should also wait for numbers from both sides. Sony should present their quarterly numbers soon enough (and MS too I think) and then we can point and laugh at either cows or lems. Or sheep (if it's a tie lulz).

I didn't make any "dumb claims." All I said is that M$ had a big month and we all know it can be tough finding a PS4 in stores at the moment. This race is looking to be much closer than System Wars thought. I thought nobody wanted an XB1. The PS4 is supposed to outsell it 3:1. Microsoft is going to suffer the 3rd console curse.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jakandsigz

@Desmonic said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Desmonic said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Desmonic said:

I read it. And it clearly did not say "tie". You clearly say "close behind" without any numbers but the MS ones.

Like I said: jumping the gun much?

What part of "tie or so" are you not able to comprehend through you small head.

What part of "close behind" = "tie"? Is that not what you told me to read? Your second post which says "Sony should be close behind"? In what way or shape does that mean "tie"? Do you even English TC?...

Know actually you just don't know how to read in context. yes i said the PS4 is close behind, and then I clarified FURTHER by saying it will probably a tie or so by the time of Sony's announcement, which is what YOU were talking about.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Congratulations, MS! It looks like they sold at least 1M in North America in December.

@Jakandsigz said:

But Sony is probably close behind.

Myself, I would wait for Sony's announced numbers before claiming that Sony is behind.

But you've made that claim already, so I guess you must have some faith in that crystal ball of yours.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Desmonic said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Much like cows making dumb claims, you too should also wait for numbers from both sides. Sony should present their quarterly numbers soon enough (and MS too I think) and then we can point and laugh at either cows or lems. Or sheep (if it's a tie lulz).

I didn't make any "dumb claims." All I said is that M$ had a big month and we all know it can be tough finding a PS4 in stores at the moment. This race is looking to be much closer than System Wars thought. I thought nobody wanted an XB1. The PS4 is supposed to outsell it 3:1. Microsoft is going to suffer the 3rd console curse.

It's going to be impossible for the PS4 to sell the xbox one by 3X in LTD worldwide at the end of the gen unless it sold well over 100 million at the end of the gen or the xbox one sold under a certain amount which will most likely not happen.It may sell it by less than 2X worldwide at the end of this gen.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

MS must be thrilled. I am sure Sony is selling more PS4's, but not enough where it will matter.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

I'm going to guess the PS4 is probably ahead since it's available in more countries. It's good to know both consoles are selling well and not nearly as bad as cows would have you believe. It'll be a good gen for both companies.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Good for them, didn't think they would sell so well. If Sony could get manufacturing down (which they should be better than MSFT at), then they could easily build upon their lead by a few mill.

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Desmonic said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

It probably would but there's no way we can know atm because of supply constraints. You can't find a ps4 anywhere, versus with the Xbox one you can walk into almost any store and buy one.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Don't forget, Sony made the claim they would sell 3 million by years end. Their silence might indicate that they owned themselves.

If Sony didnt hit 3 million it would be due to availability. PS 4 is consistently sold out while xbone already has price drops on amazon.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FoxbatAlpha

@Cranler said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

If Sony didnt hit 3 million it would be due to availability. PS 4 is consistently sold out while xbone already has price drops on amazon.

Price drops? That's news to me.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@super600:

@super600 said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Desmonic said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

It's going to be impossible for the PS4 to sell the xbox one by 3X in LTD worldwide at the end of the gen unless it sold well over 100 million at the end of the gen which will most likely not happen.It may sell it by less than 2X worldwide at the end of this gen.

Likely not. I expect, in a worst case scenario, a difference of at most 15-ish million units between the two. IMO it won't probably ever go beyond a 10 million difference (aka a rather close race between the two much like this gen). Unless of course the PS4 starts really selling like crazy worldwide. Then the NA market will not be sufficient to maintain the difference (which is what is happening right now, considering the X1 is only available in 13 countries).

I expect a difference of about 10-20million at most and maybe more than that. I do not think the PS4 will be able to sell like crazy worldwide yet.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

Original source:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you

More sources:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/6/5280112/xbox-one-2013-sales-3-million-units

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/01/06/xbox-one-sells-over-3-million-consoles-in-2013

http://bgr.com/2014/01/06/xbox-one-sales-2013-3-million/

In order as of 5 minutes ago.

"Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013," said Mehdi, corporate vice president of marketing, strategy and business for Microsoft's Xbox division. Microsoft launched the console Nov. 22 in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, the U.K., the U.S. and New Zealand.

More than 1 million Xbox Ones were sold globally on Nov. 22, while Microsoft reached the 2 million mark 17 days later. According to Microsoft, the Xbox One was the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during the month of November.

-

-

In fact, the company just announced that sales of its new Xbox One video game console totaled 3 million units in 2013. Microsoft’s Xbox One went on sale on November 22nd and about two and a half weeks later, sales totaled 2 million units. The 3 million unit milestone took just 40 days to reach.

The Xbox one is ahead!! VICTORY!!!!

called it...the holiday season was going to show who consumers were really leaning towards. Sony needed to dominate...and they didnt. oh well, sorry for your party ending quick cows, no i'm not. but i think even you knew you only had a month to stay in fantasy land. The XB1 is a better all around product and not everyone is willing to sit around and wait for the ps4 to get good like you.

good on you Microsoft.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@Jakandsigz: so its sold pretty much same as wiiu had by this time last year? lol

http://www.videogamer.com/news/3_06_million_wii_u_consoles_sold_as_of_december_31_2012.html

early adopters are out the way and supply has met demand the real battle starts now. m$ never mentioned anything about being the fastest seller through december which makes me think either they lost the battle to ps4 or 3ds. ps4 is prob at around 4m right now selling all they can make, x1 sitting on shelves. not looking good for m$

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

No Ps4 numbers but X1 is leading? K

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/06/playstation-4-has-slight-sales-advantage-in-us-following-holiday-supply-issues/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/10553088/Sonys-PS4-beats-Microsofts-Xbox-One-to-Christmas-number-one.html

PS4 Outsold Xbox in 2013

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

PS4 sold out every where still. However XBO is still available.

When spring rolls around and Sony posts the 5 million sales #, will be interesting to see what MS's number are.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013.

The rate at which these consoles are being sold is....almost unbelievable.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

PS4 is most likely 4 or 5 Million then which means we'll see the news very soon

next gen consoles are hitting it good!

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Yeah right....they can't make that many consoles it seems

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

PS4 is most likely 4 or 5 Million then which means we'll see the news very soon

next gen consoles are hitting it good!

based on?

It would seem like PS4 has a supply issue at the moment

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@farrell2k said:

And since Microsoft is selling the console at a small loss, this now means that the Xbox brand is losing Microsoft even more money. This company will never figure out how to recoup these losses with this thing.

They actually make a small profit on each console sold....idk what you are talking about.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

Congrats to Microsoft. When was the last time Sony announced numbers for the PS4?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-03-ps4-sells-over-2-1-million-worldwide

early December...they seem neck and neck at this point.

@Cranler said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

them excuses...gotta love em! lol smh

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jakandsigz

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Jakandsigz: so its sold pretty much same as wiiu had by this time last year? lol

http://www.videogamer.com/news/3_06_million_wii_u_consoles_sold_as_of_december_31_2012.html

early adopters are out the way and supply has met demand the real battle starts now. m$ never mentioned anything about being the fastest seller through december which makes me think either they lost the battle to ps4 or 3ds. ps4 is prob at around 4m right now selling all they can make, x1 sitting on shelves. not looking good for m$

The Wii U did not sell 3 million it shipped 3 million, and why would you lol that, it would imply to the PS4 as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

It's pretty obvious that PS4 is way ahead of that.