Xbox 360 Vs PS3 ROUND 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#201 neo786
Member since 2005 • 2855 Posts
[QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]when you're comparing two systems, what's the point in bragging about a game that they both have?DeadMan1290

I see,so gamers have always been talking about exclusives in such arguments,and never multiplat games? You're telling me that people are not comparing Madden Ps3 to Madden 360,The Darkness Ps3 to the Darkness 360,etc.? In that case,it appears that the Microsoft supporters have been violating this new rule,seeing as how they're comparing COD4(A Ps3+360 game) to KillZone 2(A Ps3 game) ?

That's a dumb thing to do, if it's a multiplat, but I can compare H3 with KZ2 and then argue with Cows:)

Why would you want to compare Killzone to Halo3. You would get owned. Nah, jk. It's just I have to shake off all that flames from fanboys saying that the KZ2 05 demo was unacheivable. Both games are great.

Yes they could be great...But you must look at the history of both games, and see which one was superior in the past...Besides Halo franchise is donewhen H3 comes out(Do Not Count Halo Wars)so it's not fair to compare a second game in a franchise to the final game in another franchise....But when KZ3 comes out(Some time in 2010-2011)Lemmings will compare it to some new franchise MS would have invented by that time:lol:

Not that im a 360 fan or so but as far as ive heard Halo is a series basically there couldnt a game similiar by bungie but with a different name kind of like hmmm. Dragonball Z and GT lol

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
[QUOTE="h575309"]

apparently i made a disruptive post not sure how but whatever...

besides GeoW, what other AAAE on xbox 360 is so great? i must not have played it...

CaseyWegner

you had more than 5 quotes in your quote chain.

the 360's AAAEs are perfect dark zero, forza 2, and graw. the 360 version of graw is not the same game as the other versions. it justshares the name.

ok ill agree with forza, which i own and is pretty good. pd0 im pretty sure we have agreed isnt anything special and is overrated on GS. And as for GRAW, GRAW2 comes out this month for ps3 so its kind of moot at this point. no one will want to play graw1 now. i liked graw alot but still. these games arent killer apps and you know it. theyre not GREAT games. GeoW is the killer app. RFOM, although not AAA here, is easily comparable to PD0 and NGS at least offers a great action game. Like I said before, the PS3 lineup is not as good but i still dont see how the 360 has THAT many more GREAT games.

Then again in 2 months it will all change. Halo 3 is gonna be sweet im pumped. im having a hard time doing this anyway cause i love my 360 im just trying to play devils advocate here and defend the ps3.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
it's funny you said that because he posted right above youpapa_smurf_23
Actually,I missed the post,I believe there is a limited amount of posts you can view on 1 page? To answer the question,I will ask a question:Isn't God Of War 2 God Of War 1 with updated graphics+extra content in the form of story and new gameplay mechanics?
darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 darbyshireandy
Member since 2004 • 659 Posts
xbox 360 is a poor mans pc. Ps3 is a rich mans console ps3 wins knockout lol:D
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]when you're comparing two systems, what's the point in bragging about a game that they both have?Dualshockin

I see,so gamers have always been talking about exclusives in such arguments,and never multiplat games? You're telling me that people are not comparing Madden Ps3 to Madden 360,The Darkness Ps3 to the Darkness 360,etc.? In that case,it appears that the Microsoft supporters have been violating this new rule,seeing as how they're comparing COD4(A Ps3+360 game) to KillZone 2(A Ps3 game) ?

what new rule? cows and hermits pretty much established it last generation.

True,but claiming there's no point in talking about a game that they both have whilst this is constantly done day in day out to prove various points,is contradictory. This gen it appears the Lemmings will be the one to establish the PC connection,Bioshock is another multiplat game I can't wait to play on PC.

they're comparing aspects of the games. there's nothing contradictory about it.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]omg. what new law?norfair_dweller

The one that hints at only comparing exclusive games.

Ah, yes. That law. I believe it's called "common sense".

Actually,it can be called "The FOPG law". Weird name,I know.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#207 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

xbox 360 is a poor mans pc. Ps3 is a rich mans console ps3 wins knockout lol:Ddarbyshireandy

What a logical comment, full of facts and all of that stuff in order to back it up...PCs are superior to all consoles:D

futures_past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 futures_past
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts

[QUOTE="futures_past"]people trust me round 1 does not matter. This is a marathon not a sprint and the 360 will hit the road block called DVD-9. They can say all they want now but wont it be fun when they are going to play Forza 3 on the new xbox 720 using what................. blu-ray.DeadMan1290

Maybe we'll play Forza 3 on another format superior to Blu-Ray, you do know companies other than SONY are trying to come up with a new format right?

i hope your kidding. formats last about 10 years. DVD lasted 12 before anything else really came along. So dude when the new xbox if there is an new xbox comes out in 5 to 6 years, trust me you will be rocking the blue disk. Companies will not leave people hanging the blu-ray disk (the winning format) just after 5 years. its just not smart

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Dualshockin
they're comparing aspects of the games. there's nothing contradictory about it.CaseyWegner
But doesn't that directly interfere with the question that asks what's the point of comparing games that both platforms have?
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#210 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts
[QUOTE="azad_champ"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]when you're comparing two systems, what's the point in bragging about a game that they both have?DeadMan1290

That's a dumb thing to do, if it's a multiplat, but I can compare H3 with KZ2 and then argue with Cows:)

Why would you want to compare Killzone to Halo3. You would get owned. Nah, jk. It's just I have to shake off all that flames from fanboys saying that the KZ2 05 demo was unacheivable. Both games are great.

Yes they could be great...But you must look at the history of both games, and see which one was superior in the past...Besides Halo franchise is donewhen H3 comes out(Do Not Count Halo Wars)so it's not fair to compare a second game in a franchise to the final game in another franchise....But when KZ3 comes out(Some time in 2010-2011)Lemmings will compare it to some new franchise MS would have invented by that time:lol:

Both are next-gengames so they can be compared but only when they are both released. Ya hear that, Fanboys?! Also I have hard time thinking that Halo3 is the last Halo game. It's a billion dollar franchise and MS's truimf card. It's probably just PR talk.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="norfair_dweller"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]omg. what new law?Dualshockin

The one that hints at only comparing exclusive games.

Ah, yes. That law. I believe it's called "common sense".

Actually,it can be called "The FOPG law". Weird name,I know.

What would FOPG stand for??

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 DeadMan1290

Both are next-gengames so they can be compared but only when they are both released. Ya hear that, Fanboys?! Also I have hard time thinking that Halo3 is the last Halo game. It's a billion dollar franchise and MS's truimf card. It's probably just PR talk.

It's the last in Halo's story, but there's also the Halo Wars franchise and maybe something else might come out later in the years

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Dualshockin
xbox 360 is a poor mans pc. Ps3 is a rich mans console ps3 wins knockout lol:Ddarbyshireandy
The Ps3 is indeed a status symbol,at $600 a unit,there is no doubt the majority of Ps3 owners are financially stable.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Dualshockin
What would FOPG stand for??DeadMan1290
"Fear Of Playstation Games" Law.
papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 papa_smurf_23
Member since 2007 • 544 Posts
[QUOTE="papa_smurf_23"]it's funny you said that because he posted right above youDualshockin
Actually,I missed the post,I believe there is a limited amount of posts you can view on 1 page? To answer the question,I will ask a question:Isn't God Of War 2 God Of War 1 with updated graphics+extra content in the form of story and new gameplay mechanics?

A new story does not count as extra content
Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts

[QUOTE="papa_smurf_23"]it's funny you said that because he posted right above youDualshockin

God of War II is completely different from God of War in every aspect except gameplay mechanics, which usually remain similar for sequels. The same cannot be said for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 CaseyWegner

ok ill agree with forza, which i own and is pretty good. pd0 im pretty sure we have agreed isnt anything special and is overrated on GS. And as for GRAW, GRAW2 comes out this month for ps3 so its kind of moot at this point. no one will want to play graw1 now. i liked graw alot but still. these games arent killer apps and you know it. theyre not GREAT games. GeoW is the killer app. RFOM, although not AAA here, is easily comparable to PD0 and NGS at least offers a great action game. Like I said before, the PS3 lineup is not as good but i still dont see how the 360 has THAT many more GREAT games.

Then again in 2 months it will all change. Halo 3 is gonna be sweet im pumped. im having a hard time doing this anyway cause i love my 360 im just trying to play devils advocate here and defend the ps3.

h575309

a sequel doesn't mean the original no longer counts.

jt8b2z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 jt8b2z
Member since 2005 • 7189 Posts

i'm on my 4th 360 ( which i amstill waiting for):|

360 has a Huge problem, in fact estimated at 33%+ defective rate. proven by microsoft having to extend warranties.

A very valid sucker punch the ps3 lands i think :)

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]they're comparing aspects of the games. there's nothing contradictory about it.Dualshockin
But doesn't that directly interfere with the question that asks what's the point of comparing games that both platforms have?

no.

neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 neo786
ps2 sold 120 million units world wide ps3 has sold 5 million surely alot of the missing 115 million might be cosidering one ;)
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 azad_champ

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]What would FOPG stand for??Dualshockin

You don't spare your Ownages, do you? It's like "Finish him" and you went "Lemmalaty"

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="papa_smurf_23"]it's funny you said that because he posted right above youpapa_smurf_23

A new story does not count as extra content

Maybe the wording was wrong: New content then ;) ?
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]What would FOPG stand for??Dualshockin

then shouldn't it be called "fear of xbox games" law considering that's how it started? :?

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 DeadMan1290

ps2 sold 120 million units world wide ps3 has sold 5 million surely alot of the missing 115 million might be cosidering one ;)neo786

Or maybe those 115 million are waiting for a price drop, or a really good game to come out:lol:

neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 neo786
i know this is going off topic but when does round 2 start anyway? Think the 360 needs some medical attention after all the breakdowns
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]What would FOPG stand for??azad_champ

You don't spare your Ownages, do you? It's like "Finish him" and you went "Lemmalaty"

LOL "Lemmalaty" is wicked :lol:
neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 neo786

[QUOTE="neo786"]ps2 sold 120 million units world wide ps3 has sold 5 million surely alot of the missing 115 million might be cosidering one ;)DeadMan1290

Or maybe those 115 million are waiting for a price drop, or a really good game to come out:lol:

dude when Metal gear solid 4 comes out PS3 will start leaving the 360 in dust i know i can trust all the fellow japanese gamers especially the ones waiting on Final Fantasy :)

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 DeadMan1290

Can't we all go to Round 2, the same people are posting over and over again arguing over the same things(Including me of course), and for Round 2 how about we include the Wii to make things more interesting:)

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Dualshockin
i know this is going off topic but when does round 2 start anyway? Think the 360 needs some medical attention after all the breakdownsneo786
If you have the Xbox 360 starter kit:  You may very well survive to witness Round 2.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="neo786"]ps2 sold 120 million units world wide ps3 has sold 5 million surely alot of the missing 115 million might be cosidering one ;)neo786

dude when Metal gear solid 4 comes out PS3 will start leaving the 360 in dust i know i can trust all the fellow japanese gamers especially the ones waiting on Final Fantasy :)

I think that's what I meant when I said people are waiting for a good game to come out:)...And MGS 4 will blow and bring down the X360 down for a while..At least until there's a game that will top it:roll:

darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 darbyshireandy

[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]xbox 360 is a poor mans pc. Ps3 is a rich mans console ps3 wins knockout lol:DDeadMan1290

What a logical comment, full of facts and all of that stuff in order to back it up...PCs are superior to all consoles:D

ok ill back it up a bit for u. I have a gamming rig pc and to my knowlage that will play 'games',and i have a ps3 now i have played geow on my 360 but soon i will be playing a better looking geow on my pc so one of the 360's best games will soon be on my pc (and better). so why do i need ia 360 is it to play a poor version of a game sooner WOW thats great i'll wait for the better one thanx:D
neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 neo786

Can't we all go to Round 2, the same people are posting over and over again arguing over the same things(Including me of course), and for Round 2 how about we include the Wii to make things more interesting:)

DeadMan1290

wii is a novelty.... nuff said

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 azad_champ
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="neo786"]ps2 sold 120 million units world wide ps3 has sold 5 million surely alot of the missing 115 million might be cosidering one ;)neo786

I thought the same thing only to find out that JPN's are crazy about casual games. But I still have hope. FFXIII and MGS4 are no doubt one of the best upcoming games to PS3 and Japan won't dissapoint sales-wise in this part.....I think.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]xbox 360 is a poor mans pc. Ps3 is a rich mans console ps3 wins knockout lol:Ddarbyshireandy

ok ill back it up a bit for u. I have a gamming rig pc and to my knowlage that will play 'games',and i have a ps3 now i have played geow on my 360 but soon i will be playing a better looking geow on my pc so one of the 360's best games will soon be on my pc (and better). so why do i need ia 360 is it to play a poor version of a game sooner WOW thats great i'll wait for the better one thanx:D

That's what I don't like man, a big game for X360 then comes out for PC, I hate it, however GeoW is still exclusive to Microsoft and Halo and some of those other MS frnachises:)

azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 azad_champ

[QUOTE="neo786"]i know this is going off topic but when does round 2 start anyway? Think the 360 needs some medical attention after all the breakdownsDualshockin
If you have the Xbox 360 starter kit:  You may very well survive to witness Round 2.

Stop it, Dualshock! You're making me laugh too much. Where do you get all those photos?

neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 neo786
[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]xbox 360 is a poor mans pc. Ps3 is a rich mans console ps3 wins knockout lol:DDeadMan1290

That's what I don't like man, a big game for X360 then comes out for PC, I hate it, however GeoW is still exclusive to Microsoft and Halo and some of those other MS frnachises:)

Gears of war is coming out on MAC.... which is Apple.....

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="neo786"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="neo786"]ps2 sold 120 million units world wide ps3 has sold 5 million surely alot of the missing 115 million might be cosidering one ;)azad_champ

I thought the same thing only to find out that JPN's are crazy about casual games. But I still have hope. FFXIII and MGS4 are no doubt one of the best upcoming games to PS3 and Japan won't dissapoint sales-wise in this part.....I think.

Yeah and don't forget Tekken 6, yeah I can't wait for those *drools*

darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 darbyshireandy

i dont think this topic is ms v ps3 its xbox 360 v ps3:roll:
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="darbyshireandy"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]xbox 360 is a poor mans pc. Ps3 is a rich mans console ps3 wins knockout lol:Dneo786

I hate this:cry:

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#240 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

by the time GeoW is on pc all the 360 owners will be so wrapped up in halo 3 they wont even care to notice.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="darbyshireandy"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]xbox 360 is a poor mans pc. Ps3 is a rich mans console ps3 wins knockout lol:Ddarbyshireandy

i dont think this topic is ms v ps3 its xbox 360 v ps3:roll:

It is...Now how about we all go to Round 2 now huh?

papa_smurf_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 papa_smurf_23
Member since 2007 • 544 Posts
[QUOTE="papa_smurf_23"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="papa_smurf_23"]it's funny you said that because he posted right above youDualshockin
Actually,I missed the post,I believe there is a limited amount of posts you can view on 1 page? To answer the question,I will ask a question:Isn't God Of War 2 God Of War 1 with updated graphics+extra content in the form of storyand new gameplay mechanics?

yea that's what makes it a sequel :|
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

so your using a PS3 AND a PC VS a 360? wow thats fair.... P.S GOW is not the only game on the 360...
neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 neo786
guess u can always install another operating system of the PS3 huh? theres ur PS3 AND PC logic
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 DeadMan1290

there, there its ok u can always buy a PS3 :)

I will:D, after I buy my X360, yeah I know I'm stubborn:lol:

neo786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 neo786

DeadMan1290

there, there its ok u can always buy a PS3 :)

I will:D, after I buy my X360, yeah I know I'm stubborn:lol:

hell ye atleast ur gna get one :P

darbyshireandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 darbyshireandy

[QUOTE="darbyshireandy"]xbox 360 is a poor mans pc. Ps3 is a rich mans console ps3 wins knockout lol:Dkilltactics

so your using a PS3 AND a PC VS a 360? wow thats fair.... P.S GOW is not the only game on the 360...

NO im not, man somtimes you guys read what you think you see lol!!! i said 360 is poor mans pc and then i said why. If you have a pc you dont need a 360 = poor mans pc . For the love of god man its simple:lol:

darkIink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 darkIink
Member since 2006 • 2705 Posts
Some unknown boxer just killed both contenders with a white remote Final Smash Attack! lol the lightweight wins!
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Dualshockin
Stop it, Dualshock! You're making me laugh too much. Where do you get all those photos?azad_champ
Photoshop+Google Images is all it takes to put the competition in their place LOL