when will 360 show graphics like Uncharted 2/Killzone2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

I was talking (more like arguing) to an associate this weekend that has a PS3 and was going on about how great Uncharted is (and how much he hates Halo).

But here is the interesting part: The most graphically exciting game to him this gen is Gears of War. He had a 360 (3, he says) then traded it in for a ps3 after all the problems.

My point is, there ARE games that compare to those games in most peoples eyes, including those who are PS3 fans,

themerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 themerlin
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

Never, 360 got to weak hardware sorry lemmingz

12345678ew

Care to elaborate?

a 2 core processor without virtualization vs a 8 core with 4 thread virtualization equal graphics cards unified ram vs non unified resulting in lazy development without cache dumps since it's not needed to save ram, but would save framerates so they could get more out of the cpu/gpu cheap solders everywhere resulting in failures nonscaling voltage for all it's hardware a low quality power converter resulting in an unstable voltage (causing e74) a drive without a fixed reader or brushless spinner (resulting in all those ugly scratches when you move it) low speed hard drives with flipped sata ports resulting in you not being able to use better ones (resulting in slow reads/loads and lower framerates)

Xbox 360 Xenos Processor

3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each

2 hardware threads per core;

6 hardware threads total 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core; 3 total 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread 1 MB L2 cache

You said dual core its actualy triple core.

PS3 Cell Procesor

•PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz •1 VMX vector unit per core •512KB L2 cache

•7 x SPE @3.2GHz •7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs •7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE •* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy

PS3 does not have 8 cores it has one whereas the 360 has 3. PS3 has 7 SPE`s with one reserved for the OS.

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

Alan Wake, Halo Reach, Spinter Cell, Mass Effect 2, Crysis 2, Fable 3, and Gears 3 are all going to look great and on par with UC2 and Killzone 2.

IIRubenII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#154 IIRubenII
Member since 2005 • 2734 Posts
I think the 360 still has alot of room for improvement, and who knows, we might be seeing it soon. I mean, when was it? Last year? When the Xbox 360 was obviously winning in more categories than the PlayStation 3 was? I think the PS3 was just picking up momentum, and once it did, it would blast through with exclusives and power. I can't diss my 360 either, I love it and it has some great exclusives that I am going to pick up like Mass Effect 2, Crackdown 2...etc. Even the Wii doesn't compare in terms of graphics to these powerhouses, but hey...I love playing Super Mario Galaxy over and over!
RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 RickLemieux
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

I think Uncharted 2 was so nice looking because of Naughty Dog's development, not because Sony made such a powerful box. Let's give credit to the developers, not the hardware. Really, the 360 and the PS3 are quite similar in terms of their technology. 360 beats the PS3 in some catagories, and the PS3 beats the 360 in some catagories, but really, they're about the same overall. So yeah, let's give the developers some credit here, people. You should be praising Naughty Dog, not Sony. The hardware differences between the 2 HD consoles are arbitrary, ultimately. donalbane

You are totally right. Naughty Dog deserves much credit. They are great and bringing out the best out of the console they are working on. Started with Crash Bandicoot on the PS1 and continued right to Uncharted 2. They are amazing!!

B1RDH0UZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 B1RDH0UZ3
Member since 2009 • 160 Posts

in a way yes, but usualt for me its game over grafics, and the 360 FPS collection is more appeling to me.

Avatar image for nofriekinlemons
nofriekinlemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 nofriekinlemons
Member since 2008 • 1392 Posts

Gears Of War 1-2 and Mass Effect look as good as U2 and Killzone 2

themerlin

facetopalm

ahh your kidding right those games do not have great graphics(or good IMO) and for gears it all looks the same,

quizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 quizee
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

Im serious PS3 exclusives are being overrated graphically by people who haven`t even played Gears 2.

themerlin
dude im a huge gearhead and kz and uncharted do look a whole lot better, that doedsnt mean gears 2 doesnt look good but it just isnt on par
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#159 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

We seriously need a new game review, because there's way too many graphics threads.

spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts
360 power was tapped out by halo 3 :)
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#161 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

360 power was tapped out by halo 3 :)spike6566

There are better looking 360 games than Halo 3.

NicolasBai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 NicolasBai
Member since 2009 • 153 Posts

Im serious PS3 exclusives are being overrated graphically by people who haven`t even played Gears 2.

themerlin
I don't agree. U2's graphic is much better than GeOW2
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
[QUOTE="12345678ew"] a 2 core processor without virtualization vs a 8 core with 4 thread virtualization

Ever heard of using google?
NicolasBai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 NicolasBai
I think when it comes to multi-platform game. Those games will never 100% utilize PS3's power!!! Because they must consider limit of 360.
NicolasBai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 NicolasBai
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

Alan Wake, Halo Reach, Spinter Cell, Mass Effect 2, Crysis 2, Fable 3, and Gears 3 are all going to look great and on par with UC2 and Killzone 2.

When those games release on 360, I think PS3 will still have better graphic games compare to those at that time.............
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Trmpt

I think when it comes to multi-platform game. Those games will never 100% utilize PS3's power!!! Because they must consider limit of 360.NicolasBai

Riiiight...and I say again......Riiiight.

dual_boot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 dual_boot
Member since 2008 • 312 Posts

I don't think it ever will, it just doesn't have the power to.

Classic24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Classic24
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

cell processor plus HARDDRIVE plus BLURAY, advantages the xbox doesnt have SORRY

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

Considering the fact that U2 and KZ2 are marginally better than Gears 2 graphics wise, I would say crysis 2 will give them a run for their money.

muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#170 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts

MGS4 is absolutly atrocious in the graphics department bringing it up in a graphics debate is pathetic really.

and uncharted is topped by batman AA

and uncharted 2 looks to be bested by alan wake and/or just cause

washd123

Batman > Ucharted 2???

Batman is a great game, but graphics wise... bleh. Unreal 3 pop in, bad character models. Uncharted has some mad textures (on consoles)

MGS4 has fantastic graphics. Stop being childish.

Uncharted 2 is out, Alan Wake and Just Cuase 2 aren't out. And Just Cause will flop IMO.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#171 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

themerlin

I can also say that ps3 exclusives are being underrated graphically by people who haven't played U2 and Killzone 2. As an owner of both 360 and ps3, I must say that U2 graphics is better than Gears of War. U2 graphics is clear, sharp, and beautiful. Gears of Wars actually has washed out graphics in a distance. Only the things which are nearby look crisps, anything in a distance is washed out. The same can't be said for U2 and Killzone 2. Killzone 2 has low res textures however, which leaves a disputable argument about whether that overall leads to better graphical quality, but not Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 2 however, is less realistic in graphics than Gears or Killzone. I personally rate the 3 games as:

Gears of War: Dark, Gritty, Realistic, Crisp Textures, Washed-out outdoor visuals

Killzone 2: Dark, Gritty, Realistic, Low res textures, Realistic outdoor lighting effects and visuals

Uncharted 2: Colourful, Beautiful, Not very realistic, Crisp textures, Closest thing cosoles have to Crysis in outdoor visuals

gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 gamerlifegrace
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts
[QUOTE="gamewhat"]

[QUOTE="themerlin"]

well bud, I have played Gears 3 and I will agree with you that it does look down right beautiful in some parts, but it's inconsistent. It's a good game, but you have to play a PS3 exclusive to know what every one is talking about. Take infamous for instance, it is open world and looks just as good as Gears 2 beautiful parts, but it does it consistantly and all the time, and it's open world too! That makes it more impressive. Uncharted 2 on the other hand is just mind blowing throughout. It'll make you damn. It's your opinion and I respect that.

"It'll make you damn" That right there is the statement of the year.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

[QUOTE="washd123"]

MGS4 is absolutly atrocious in the graphics department bringing it up in a graphics debate is pathetic really.

muzik_mafia

Batman > Ucharted 2???

Batman is a great game, but graphics wise... bleh. Unreal 3 pop in, bad character models. Uncharted has some mad textures (on consoles)

MGS4 has fantastic graphics. Stop being childish.

Uncharted 2 is out, Alan Wake and Just Cuase 2 aren't out. And Just Cause will flop IMO.

i said uncharted not uncharted 2.

no it doesnt not at all.

piss poor static lighting, sub HD res,AA issues galore, terrible textures mostly, poor object quality, all over linear levels with an average draw distance at best no its bad sorry.

what does a game flopping have to do with its graphics?

alan wake still has gameplay footage. unless theres a sudden drop in the quality it looks to beat UC2 both do. why? scale. UC2 may have slightly better textures but its doing it over small linear levels unlike AW and JC2 which are both open world games.

DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#174 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

I know this has definitely been said already but I'm not reading the whole forum or making some logical response so:

Never.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts

themerlin
I played Gears 2...good graphics and all but it doesn't compare to Killzone2 or UC2. And i doubt the 360 will ever show graphics like the PS3 because its missing the cell.
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#176 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

washd123

That quote right there is incredibly sig-worthy.

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

if Microsoft explains a lot on there console or help more on Developers and makers of its game and think a plan than giving "money talks" tactics

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

[QUOTE="washd123"]

KH-mixerX

then sig it. i love the game to death but bringing it up in a graphics debate is useless theres nothing good about it ive made this point many times and yet no one has anything to counter it

-piss poor static lighting throughout. love to more than one example of dynamic lighting.

-AA issues galore jaggies throughout

-poor shadows blocky and jagged

-poor object quality aside from charactor models most things in the enviornment that arent set pieces are blocky

-poor texture work most of the textures are low res and looks like something from a ps2 game one or two good textures dont make up more the majority

-1024x768? less than 1280x720

-its a small linear game

theres no redeeming factor about the graphics. i mean unless i missed something and if so point it out.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
Killzone2 is the only game that looks best on PS3,UC2 doesn't look that good or has that much going on screen,the fanboys saying it beats killzone 2 are crazy u can argue art style but technically and scale it doesn't beat KZ2,and i don't think it beats gears 2 either.
scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 scarface_dm
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

I have a ps3 and 360 and I played Uncharted2 it hasgreat graphics.....but I enjoyed the awesome gritty graphics of Gears2 more!!

ALAN WAKE WILL BE EPIC!!

cb_au

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 cb_au
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts

I doubt that, 360 was topped out ages ago.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#182 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

[QUOTE="donalbane"]I think Uncharted 2 was so nice looking because of Naughty Dog's development, not because Sony made such a powerful box. Let's give credit to the developers, not the hardware. Really, the 360 and the PS3 are quite similar in terms of their technology. 360 beats the PS3 in some catagories, and the PS3 beats the 360 in some catagories, but really, they're about the same overall. So yeah, let's give the developers some credit here, people. You should be praising Naughty Dog, not Sony. The hardware differences between the 2 HD consoles are arbitrary, ultimately.

RickLemieux

ND themselves stated that U2 can't be made on x360, it's for marketing reasons, i understand that but i actually dun believe U2 can be made on x360 unless many features will downgraded.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

cb_au
Yes sure and games that look better than gears of war don't exist right? CryEngine 3 looks better than anything on console and yet runs just good on the 360,and please back up your claims no just random speculations that are more likely to be fanboy bogus :3
usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts

[QUOTE="themerlin"]

nofriekinlemons

facetopalm

ahh your kidding right those games do not have great graphics(or good IMO) and for gears it all looks the same,

OH YES , he might be kidding!!! What a foolish remark to believe Gears 1 and 2 have great graphics!!!!! Unbelievable!!!! Doesn't he just know how it is SOOO OVERWHELMINGLY recognized that these games have very very mediocre graphics!!! Just try to site me one review that would said something positive about gears graphics... On what planet is he living in??? ...
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Whenever someone decides to spend the time and money necessary to push the 360 to its limit.

Uncharted, GT5 and Killzone don't look good because of some magical hardware Sony put into the PS3, they look good because Sony gave the developers damn-near unlimited resources so they could build proprietary engines and squeeze every last drop out of the PS3. On the other hand most 360 titles are developed on a constricted budget and/or schedule (ie Forza 3), or have been developed using a less-than-ideal engine (ie Halo 3/ODST).

Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 tastetheacidmil
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts
never lol
OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

I'm more of a cryengine guy so you know i'm going to hate on gears

becuase unreal engine sucks

UC2 as the best graphics so far this gen on console.

scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 scarface_dm

[QUOTE="nofriekinlemons"]

[QUOTE="themerlin"]

usule

facetopalm

OH YES , he might be kidding!!! What a foolish remark to believe Gears 1 and 2 have great graphics!!!!! Unbelievable!!!! Doesn't he just know how it is SOOO OVERWHELMINGLY recognized that these games have very very mediocre graphics!!! Just try to site me one review that would said something positive about gears graphics... On what planet is he living in??? ...

WTF are you smoking, Gears of War2 has some of the best graphics seen from this gen :roll:

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

[QUOTE="RickLemieux"]

[QUOTE="donalbane"]I think Uncharted 2 was so nice looking because of Naughty Dog's development, not because Sony made such a powerful box. Let's give credit to the developers, not the hardware. Really, the 360 and the PS3 are quite similar in terms of their technology. 360 beats the PS3 in some catagories, and the PS3 beats the 360 in some catagories, but really, they're about the same overall. So yeah, let's give the developers some credit here, people. You should be praising Naughty Dog, not Sony. The hardware differences between the 2 HD consoles are arbitrary, ultimately.

2mrw

ND themselves stated that U2 can't be made on x360, it's for marketing reasons, i understand that but i actually dun believe U2 can be made on x360 unless many features will downgraded.

Alot of you guys like to say this but you never get technical and tell us why. Its because you dont know for real.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

IMO Gears 2 looks better thn MGS4. As for the topic who knows maybe there will be a game (1st party wise since KZ2 and UC2 are also first party titles).

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

cb_au

I would really like some proof on the matter.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

themerlin
No they don't, especially not Mass Effect.
scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 scarface_dm

Im tired of ps3 fanboys thinking UC2 has the best graphics ever created....even thou I dont play pc game.....just look at crysis nuff said :lol:

and I still fail to see a big difference in graphics between 360 and ps3 :|

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Trmpt

Reach.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9169 Posts

Im tired of ps3 fanboys thinking UC2 has the best graphics ever created....even thou I dont play pc game.....just look at crysis nuff said :lol:

scarface_dm

same here... i respect other people's opinions, but i just dont see how they claim that UC2 looks WAAAAY better than gears 2

seriously... 'waaaaay better'? c'mon now

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="scarface_dm"]

same here... i respect other people's opinions, but i just dont see how they claim that UC2 looks WAAAAY better than gears 2

seriously... 'waaaaay better'? c'mon now

your psn card says you havent played Uncharted 2 :| it looks alot better then gears 2 imo
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#197 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

I'd say U2 & KZ2 probally are a little better graphically then anything on 360, but just a smidge better. Gears is an amazing looking game. So is Mass Effect, Batman AA, Bioshock, ETC. I think graphics are overrated. Tons of next gen games look great ( I still think Fable 2 and Oblivion have beautiful game worlds). 360 & PS3 super close graphic.

Sniper-PIG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Sniper-PIG
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="washd123"]

washd123

then sig it. i love the game to death but bringing it up in a graphics debate is useless theres nothing good about it ive made this point many times and yet no one has anything to counter it

-piss poor static lighting throughout. love to more than one example of dynamic lighting.

-AA issues galore jaggies throughout

-poor shadows blocky and jagged

-poor object quality aside from charactor models most things in the enviornment that arent set pieces are blocky

-poor texture work most of the textures are low res and looks like something from a ps2 game one or two good textures dont make up more the majority

-1024x768? less than 1280x720

-its a small linear game

theres no redeeming factor about the graphics. i mean unless i missed something and if so point it out.

You're right..but the character model's = WOW...especially the in-game cutscenes ones. I do agree with the textures. (only a very few areas have good ones)

take a look: (all gameplay just rotated the camera)

http://www.imagebeast.net/images/quqsx33peelvs5dgq8.jpg

and

http://www.imagebeast.net/images/78hmgxybg24sbgemc50.jpg

thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#199 thekey
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

360 has been out a year longer than PS3 but PS3 is way ahead of them in graphics when it comes to exlusives. Uncharted 2 (and 1 lol) and Killzone 2, MGS4 are way superior in the graphics department. Gears 2 shows very little improvements and Halo ODST is laughable. Doesn't this confirm that developers are holding back on multiplatform games when it comes to the PS3?

neomatrix909
It won't happen. because the 360 can't do what the PS3 can do. And it's a no brainer that multi-platform games are dumbed down so that they can be done on more than one platform. developers do hold back when it comes to the PS3.
Tekkenloving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Tekkenloving
Member since 2008 • 1546 Posts
well from the beta I would say geow 2 is around the same level as uc2 and kz2 trumps them both, but im sure 360 will match it.