when will 360 show graphics like Uncharted 2/Killzone2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sniper-PIG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Sniper-PIG
Member since 2009 • 115 Posts

[QUOTE="scarface_dm"]

Im tired of ps3 fanboys thinking UC2 has the best graphics ever created....even thou I dont play pc game.....just look at crysis nuff said :lol:

and I still fail to see a big difference in graphics between 360 and ps3 :|

ogvampire

same here... i respect other people's opinions, but i just dont see how they claim that UC2 looks WAAAAY better than gears 2

seriously... 'waaaaay better'? c'mon now

because it IS, Gears 2 doesn't handle not even half for U2 does...adding the fact that the character models in U2 look much more realistic. Skin textures and just lighting is incredible..something gears 2 lacks in..and uses what looks to be FAKE lighting effects. Hell, look at this....Uncharted 1 even has better looking character models over Gears 2..lol: http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and.html
Avatar image for deactivated-652663614c5e5
deactivated-652663614c5e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 deactivated-652663614c5e5
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts
Killzone2 is the only game that looks best on PS3,UC2 doesn't look that good or has that much going on screen,the fanboys saying it beats killzone 2 are crazy u can argue art style but technically and scale it doesn't beat KZ2,and i don't think it beats gears 2 either.Tessellation
Uncharted 2 looks better than both, technically and artistically. The scale of Uncharted 2 beats both as well, firstly due to the huge draw distance, and secondly due to there being no loading between levels at all, it's essentially one HUGE level. Other minor details like being inside the building when it's collapsing and the awesome train levels add to the excellent physics of the game.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9163 Posts

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="scarface_dm"]

Im tired of ps3 fanboys thinking UC2 has the best graphics ever created....even thou I dont play pc game.....just look at crysis nuff said :lol:

toast_burner

same here... i respect other people's opinions, but i just dont see how they claim that UC2 looks WAAAAY better than gears 2

your psn card says you havent played Uncharted 2 :| it looks alot better then gears 2 imo

thats true... i am just basing my judgement off of UC2 demo and Gears mp

i have seen UC2 sp being played at a Best buy in LA, it does look better than the mp, but the same can be said about gears

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="scarface_dm"]

Sniper-PIG

because it IS, Gears 2 doesn't handle not even half for U2 does...adding the fact that the character models in U2 look much more realistic. Skin textures and just lighting is incredible..something gears 2 lacks in..and uses what looks to be FAKE lighting effects. Hell, look at this....Uncharted 1 even has better looking character models over Gears 2..lol: http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and.html

your opinion is noted

Sniper-PIG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Sniper-PIG

[QUOTE="Sniper-PIG"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ogvampire

your opinion is noted

going by the link, its pretty much facts....why don't you try and prove them wrong. Zooming in Gears 2 shows just how cheap the unreal engine is.
streetridaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 streetridaz
Member since 2003 • 3276 Posts

jesus this thread reaks of fanboyism. Not one person can come up with any supporting fact for either console. UC or UC2 are nothing special and nor is gears. The PS3 is no freaking powerhouse and either is the 360. They are both medium/high spec'ed pc's in otherwords. They are awesome for what they are but nether are overpowering the other.

o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Sniper-PIG"] because it IS, Gears 2 doesn't handle not even half for U2 does...adding the fact that the character models in U2 look much more realistic. Skin textures and just lighting is incredible..something gears 2 lacks in..and uses what looks to be FAKE lighting effects. Hell, look at this....Uncharted 1 even has better looking character models over Gears 2..lol: http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and.htmlSniper-PIG

your opinion is noted

going by the link, its pretty much facts....why don't you try and prove them wrong. Zooming in Gears 2 shows just how cheap the unreal engine is.

the unreal engine is cheap?.... im sorry but what engine looks good that is from around 2006ish time. You want to say that mirrors edge looks bad?
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Sniper-PIG"] because it IS, Gears 2 doesn't handle not even half for U2 does...adding the fact that the character models in U2 look much more realistic. Skin textures and just lighting is incredible..something gears 2 lacks in..and uses what looks to be FAKE lighting effects. Hell, look at this....Uncharted 1 even has better looking character models over Gears 2..lol: http://kineticninja.blogspot.com/2009/01/naughty-dog-realtime-graphics-and.htmlSniper-PIG

your opinion is noted

'better looking' isnt a 'fact' by any means.... its subjective

gears characters have alot more detail... that is a fact. whether or not they look better is an opinion

Sniper-PIG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Sniper-PIG

[QUOTE="Sniper-PIG"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

your opinion is noted

ogvampire

gears characters have alot more detail... that is a fact. whether or not they look better is an opinion

yes from a distance, but zoom that up and see where the cheap effects begin. Everyone knows this about the unreal engine...read up on it.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Sniper-PIG"] going by the link, its pretty much facts....why don't you try and prove them wrong. Zooming in Gears 2 shows just how cheap the unreal engine is. Sniper-PIG

yes from a distance, but zoom that up and see where the cheap effects begin. Everyone knows this about the unreal engine...read up on it.

um.... ok

Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts

Im sure the 360 can handle graphics like U2/KZ2...some cows are understimating GeoW2...some are even posting screens frpm GeoW on PC with low setings just to bash it. Im not saying that GeoW2 looks better than U2. But there are chapters when it looks on similar level...some other Locations are as impressive due to different design. But the same is with U2...third chapter in jungle isnt as impressive as later part in city (which is absolutly stunning). Every game has its best moments. The same is with Gears2...there are some chapters like the underground level or last one in city in dusk where it looks absolutly gorgeous and the texturework is some of the best this gen. Once again...ill say im not trying to convince anyone that GeoW2>U2...but saying that it looks way worse is just not truth.

RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 RushKing
Member since 2009 • 1785 Posts

Even Uncharted 1 has better graphics than gears 2 and This is proof.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#213 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17461 Posts

RushKing
lol, that has been debunked dozens of times, Gears 1 DOES NOT look like that. Have you played it?? Do you believe everything you read on SOMEONES BLOG?? And Gamejitsu?? Seriously?? Did you write that??
RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 RushKing
[QUOTE="RushKing"]

navyguy21
lol, that has been debunked dozens of times, Gears 1 DOES NOT look like that. Have you played it?? Do you believe everything you read on SOMEONES BLOG?? And Gamejitsu?? Seriously?? Did you write that??

Those were Gears of war 2 shots believe it or not.
hghpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#215 hghpandaman
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

I currently own a PS3 and was a 360 owner for two years prior to switching. GOW2 does have very good graphics by any standards, but my expectations were blown away when I saw Uncharted 2. The game itself looks incredible. I can't count the number of times I was killed because I was just looking around the environments. That being said, Uncharted 2 and GOW2 have drastically different artstyles. Uncharted 2 likes to play off the environment. Cities and temples built around pristine environments with very bright and vibrant colors which are much more pleasing to the human sight, while GOW2 goes for a very dark brooding environment which it does very well. In terms of using the system to it's fullest, Uncharted 2 definately reigns supreme, but you can't fault the graphics of GOW2 either.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

I currently own a PS3 and was a 360 owner for two years prior to switching. GOW2 does have very good graphics by any standards, but my expectations were blown away when I saw Uncharted 2. The game itself looks incredible. I can't count the number of times I was killed because I was just looking around the environments. That being said, Uncharted 2 and GOW2 have drastically different artstyles. Uncharted 2 likes to play off the environment. Cities and temples built around pristine environments with very bright and vibrant colors which are much more pleasing to the human sight, while GOW2 goes for a very dark brooding environment which it does very well. In terms of using the system to it's fullest, Uncharted 2 definately reigns supreme, but you can't fault the graphics of GOW2 either.

hghpandaman
How are you a level 13 with only 51 posts?
RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 RushKing
[QUOTE="hghpandaman"]

Trmpt
He probably lurks. How are you a level 13 with only 51 posts?

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Trmpt
[QUOTE="Trmpt"][QUOTE="hghpandaman"]

RushKing
How are you a level 13 with only 51 posts?

He probably lurks.

What do you mean?
hghpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 hghpandaman

what is lurking?

Anthropology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Anthropology
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Gears of War is like 2 years older than these two games and let's be honest, there isn't much difference in graphics (imoGears beats both)and do you know why? Because Gears was the first game to push forward in the new engine (Unreal 3) which is the engine UC2/KZ2 use, if it wasn't for Gears you'd be still having fun with PS2 graphics. Oh and btw, Gears 3 is including the Unreal 4 engine which has never been used before again, so PS3 fanboys - let's boost your tech for you once more :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

what is lurking?

hghpandaman
when you read but dont post.
hghpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 hghpandaman

I don't believe either UC2 or KZ2 use the unreal engine

RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 RushKing

Gears of War is like 2 years older than these two games and let's be honest, there isn't much difference in graphics (imoGears beats both)and do you know why? Because Gears was the first game to push forward in the new engine (Unreal 3) which is the engine UC2/KZ2 use, if it wasn't for Gears you'd be still having fun with PS2 graphics. Oh and btw, Gears 3 is including the Unreal 4 engine which has never been used before again, so PS3 fanboys - let's boost your tech for you once more :)

Anthropology
UC2/KZ2 do not use Unreal 3. also here is a comparison video that shows how much better KZ2 looks.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#224 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="RushKing"]

RushKing

Those were Gears of war 2 shots believe it or not.

I want to know what he used to capture those shots, even Uncharted 1 didn't look that great in some shots.:lol: And making fun of Gears 2 doesn't help.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Trmpt
[QUOTE="hghpandaman"]

what is lurking?

toast_burner

How can you gain more experience by not posting? Dont you get more experience from posting than from not posting? It doesnt make any sense.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
[QUOTE="Trmpt"][QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="hghpandaman"]

what is lurking?

How can you gain more experience by not posting? Dont you get more experience from posting than from not posting? It doesnt make any sense.

you get experience from being online just not as much.
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Trmpt
[QUOTE="toast_burner"] you get experience from being online just not as much.

Oh I see what you mean now. I might just change my settings so that I dont automatically get signed out when I close my browser just to take advantage of it. :)
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Magik85
[QUOTE="RushKing"] UC2/KZ2 do not use Unreal 3. also here is a comparison video that shows how much better KZ2 looks.

How about try to play the game and not judge the graphics by the youtube vid :S The fact is thet both game are pretty similar in graphics..Every game has advatages and disadvantages. KZ2 looks somehow "smoother"..like there is a bit of blur...it also has better lightning. In other hand geoW2 has much better textures.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 mitu123

I'm not trying to bash this game's graphics, but from that link, what is up with Drake in this shot, I don't remember seeing this in the game.

That guy needs to capture better shots, I seriously don't think the game had that, I think.

RushKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 RushKing
[QUOTE="Magik85"][QUOTE="RushKing"] UC2/KZ2 do not use Unreal 3. also here is a comparison video that shows how much better KZ2 looks.

How about try to play the game and not judge the graphics by the youtube vid :S The fact is thet both game are pretty similar in graphics..Every game has advatages and disadvantages. KZ2 looks somehow "smoother"..like there is a bit of blur...it also has better lightning. In other hand geoW2 has much better textures.

I played Gears of war 2 at my friends house and the graphics are not as good as people make it out to be.
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Magik85
Well on previous site there are shots showing more less how it really looks like...
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#232 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="washd123"]

MGS4 is absolutly atrocious in the graphics department bringing it up in a graphics debate is pathetic really.

and uncharted is topped by batman AA

and uncharted 2 looks to be bested by alan wake and/or just cause

washd123

That quote right there is incredibly sig-worthy.

then sig it. i love the game to death but bringing it up in a graphics debate is useless theres nothing good about it ive made this point many times and yet no one has anything to counter it

-piss poor static lighting throughout. love to more than one example of dynamic lighting.

-AA issues galore jaggies throughout

-poor shadows blocky and jagged

-poor object quality aside from charactor models most things in the enviornment that arent set pieces are blocky

-poor texture work most of the textures are low res and looks like something from a ps2 game one or two good textures dont make up more the majority

-1024x768? less than 1280x720

-its a small linear game

theres no redeeming factor about the graphics. i mean unless i missed something and if so point it out.

Dude, you just need to stop while your ahead. Don't you hear yourself? Saying MGS4 is atrocious graphically is completely ludicrous. It's one of the most graphically impressive games released this generation so far. Just stop. Your only hurting your own reputation here.

YoJim8obaJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 YoJim8obaJoe
Member since 2008 • 2653 Posts

Gears Of War 1-2 and Mass Effect look as good as U2 and Killzone 2

themerlin

lol lol and some more lols,so many lollar$ im going to the stock market right now to trade them on the open market.

YoJim8obaJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 YoJim8obaJoe
Member since 2008 • 2653 Posts

[QUOTE="Manticore7"]

Theres a game out called gears of war

ReaperV7

and that game you call gears of war....looks like crap compared to killzone 2 and uncharted 2.

yeah and for all the peeps saying gears looks as good if not better than KZ2,think of this.KZ2 maps are 4-5 times the size of gears maps and is 32 players as opposed to 10 and KZ2 runs off servers not peer to peer host advantage lagfests like gears.1 point to KZ2 :)

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#235 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I have seen nor played any game on my 360 that can attend the same class as U2 and KZ2. Both games have had over 100 reviews between them and they all say what I've just said

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 ogvampire

I have seen nor played any game on my 360 that can attend the same class as U2 and KZ2. Both games have had over 100 reviews between them and they all say what I've just said

Zaibach

saying uc2 and kz2 having the 'best graphics' is one thing, but saying the 360 cant handle them is something totally different

hardware-wise, the ps3 and 360 are pretty much equal.... making games with these kinds of graphics is all up to the dev, the hardware is there for both consoles

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

All the lemmings clams saying "x" game on xbox360 looks equal/better than the recent crowned gfx kings on PS3 are pointless without at least 2 offical unbiasreviews stating the same.

And since Gears of war was released in 2006 there hasn't been 1 offical unbiase review stating an exclusive or even multiplatform game on xbox360 was graphics king but there have been several for Uncharted 1, MGS4, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2.

Uncharted1 for PS3took the graphics crown from Gears 1 on360in 2007 with more than 1 offical unbias review stating that as fact and 360 hasn't regained that title since. For all the people saying Alen Wake has equal or better graphics than U2, it was at the last game convention that U2 was at and U2 received ALL the best graphics awards from critics andAlenWake got NONE!!

So you guys can give any opinion you want about which games have da bestgfxbut it's all fanboy hot air andbias personal opinionwithout offical unbias reviews backing that opinion up.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 ogvampire

All the lemmings clams saying "x" game on xbox360 looks equal/better than the recent crowned gfx kings on PS3 are pointless without at least 2 offical unbiasreviews stating the same.

And since Gears of war was released in 2006 there hasn't been 1 offical unbiase review stating an exclusive or even multiplatform game on xbox360 was graphics king but there have been several for Uncharted 1, MGS4, Killzone 2, and Uncharted 2.

Uncharted1 for PS3took the graphics crown from Gears 1 on360in 2007 with more than 1 offical unbias review stating that as fact and 360 hasn't regained that title since. For all the people saying Alen Wake has equal or better graphics than U2, it was at the last game convention that U2 was at and U2 received ALL the best graphics awards from critics andAlenWake got NONE!!

So you guys can give any opinion you want about which games have da bestgfxbut it's all fanboy hot air andbias personal opinionwithout offical unbias reviews backing that opinion up.

playharderfool

yeah!!! cause we all know you cant share your opinion unless somebody who is payed to do so agrees with your opinion... amirite?

themerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 themerlin
Member since 2006 • 481 Posts

Uncharted 1 and 2 look the same too me. What do people find so special with Uncharted 2 ?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 mitu123

Uncharted 1 and 2 look the same too me. What do people find so special with Uncharted 2 ?

themerlin

Uncharted 2 actually looks better in game. And I have both games!

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

Dude, you just need to stop while your ahead. Don't you hear yourself? Saying MGS4 is atrocious graphically is completely ludicrous. It's one of the most graphically impressive games released this generation so far. Just stop. Your only hurting your own reputation here.

KH-mixerX

ive given my reason why its atrocious. if theyre wrong then how about countering them instead of just saying its one of the most graphically impressive games.

if all those things i listed are wrong prove it. simple as that until then im not the one without credibility.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

ogvampire

saying uc2 and kz2 having the 'best graphics' is one thing, but saying the 360 cant handle them is something totally different

hardware-wise, the ps3 and 360 are pretty much equal.... making games with these kinds of graphics is all up to the dev, the hardware is there for both consoles

I never said they couldnt be done, look at my post again. I've been here a long time and seen alot technical jargon about tera flops and giga herts and blah blah blah, you say the consoles have the same power and I'm not disputing that, I'm just pointing at my tv screen and asking you to rebutt the proof in the pudding. Ms is a multibillion dollar SOFTWARE company one of the richest in the world and its annoying hearing Poeple talk about how much resources sony has and dev talent.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

Zaibach

I never said they couldnt be done, look at my post again. I've been here a long time and seen alot technical jargon about tera flops and giga herts and blah blah blah, you say the consoles have the same power and I'm not disputing that, I'm just pointing at my tv screen and asking you to rebutt the proof in the pudding. Ms is a multibillion dollar SOFTWARE company one of the richest in the world and its annoying hearing Poeple talk about how much resources sony has and dev talent.

i cant rebutt your opinion on what you think looks good or not...

mhsdrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 mhsdrake
Member since 2007 • 3091 Posts
Uncharted 2 is the best looking game Iv played. Killzone was overrated. Gears wasnt that special either. MGS4 had some great graphics but so far a new standard has been set by Naughty Dog.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Zaibach

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ogvampire

There's no opinion needed, the games mentioned look great all the reviewers say so, or do you not 'THINK" they do

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]I never said they couldnt be done, look at my post again. I've been here a long time and seen alot technical jargon about tera flops and giga herts and blah blah blah, you say the consoles have the same power and I'm not disputing that, I'm just pointing at my tv screen and asking you to rebutt the proof in the pudding. Ms is a multibillion dollar SOFTWARE company one of the richest in the world and its annoying hearing Poeple talk about how much resources sony has and dev talent.

Zaibach

There's no opinion needed, the games mentioned look great all the reviewers say so, or do you not 'THINK" they do

i agree those games look great, but when it comes to what looks best, my opinion is all that matters to me... and so far this gen, i still think RE5 is the best looking game

arent opinions wonderful :)

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#247 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
WTF is al this about, they are equal graphically and even if one is better than the other it is only marginally. Anything the PS3 can do the 360 could do as well, it is the same the other way around. I fail to see any difference worth getting so hyped up around. Honestly if one wants to have top noch graphics get yourself a PC, otherwise these arguments are nonsense.
jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts
All the games today have good graphics, some are better then others, but still, they are all good, a game can't be judge on the graphics anymore, the gameplay is what's important.
gamefan274

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 gamefan274
Member since 2007 • 1863 Posts

Give it a year or 2. I think the PS3 will always have the graphics king but the 360 will get Uncharted 2 visuals in about a year. If Reach and Alan Wake don't do it (don't think they do. Reach in 2 years, ND is a huge acception to make a graphics king in 2 years) something will the next year.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#250 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

lol, Cows will never allow a 360 game to look better, even if it looks as good, or close...take GEARS 2 for example........

navyguy21

I understand the sentiment around here, as the PS3 Fanboys can vote themselves to whatever lead they want, no matter how silly the comparison. But when we're talking about KZ2 and UC2, we aren't just talking about fanboys rigging a poll. These games were generally regarded as the best graphics on a console by reviewers, industry insiders, and gamers alike.

It isn't like the only people who think UC2 looks better than GeoW2 reside in SW. That's the consensus opinion whrever you go.