when will 360 show graphics like Uncharted 2/Killzone2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

This thread is all opinion and fanboy goggles.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
[QUOTE="Watts2590"]

After playin Metal Gear Solid i played Gears 2 and Gears 2 doesnt even come close!!!

navyguy21
Wow, i didnt really like MGS4's graphics :( The textures were horrible, but the cinematics are amazing

Oh. I didn't like gears 2's art style, but I still appreciate its graphics. Just can't get into the style.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17469 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="Watts2590"]

After playin Metal Gear Solid i played Gears 2 and Gears 2 doesnt even come close!!!

SilverChimera
Wow, i didnt really like MGS4's graphics :( The textures were horrible, but the cinematics are amazing

Oh. I didn't like gears 2's art style, but I still appreciate its graphics. Just can't get into the style.

It was better than Gears 1 lol, at least it had color :P, and better lighting lol.
Avatar image for muffintheduffin
muffintheduffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 muffintheduffin
Member since 2008 • 1004 Posts

Im serious PS3 exclusives are being overrated graphically by people who haven`t even played Gears 2.

themerlin

gears 2 graphics are overrated, im sorry.

gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 gamerlifegrace
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

[QUOTE="themerlin"]

Im serious PS3 exclusives are being overrated graphically by people who haven`t even played Gears 2.

Funconsole

I know right? People crap their pants talking about UC2 and KZ2 graphics. What they forget is that most Xbox 360 exclusives haven't used a new engine or custom built. Only reach and alan wake are said to be using custom engines.

Ive played Gears 2, and it doesnt look even close to as good as KZ2 or UC2. My friend even admited that, and he's an xbot.

I didnt want to say this (and dont call me a PS3 fanboy either), but couldnt it be that the 360 cant make games look that good???

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

Never probably. And thats entirely MS' fault. For their reluctance to build up a strong first-party team and short sighted-ness. I think the 360 is capable of producing graphics as good as the top PS3 games but like i said, its probably never gonna happen.

Evz0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Evz0rz
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts

I think Reach has a really good chance at looking amazing. If we see the size of a jump we saw between halo 1 and 2 for halo 3 and reach, I think we will be in for a treat. Also, all the people saying GeOW 2 looks better than U2, no.

fuzzyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 fuzzyking
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

they both have even graphics. depends on the developer and how they manage the software.

what i've noticed is 360 has better textures and antialiasing, but ps3 has better effects like lighting, particle effects, stuff like that (uncharted 2 has better textures, but thats in one case).

ps3 exclusives are looking better and better, but 360 has things up its sleeves like splinter cell conviction and alan wake.

kc9292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kc9292
Member since 2004 • 102 Posts

I have owned all 3 current gen consoles, which I believe gives me a vlaid opinion. NOTHING else on consoles comes close to U2 and KZ2. U2 actually felt kind of weird playing at first because it looks so good, it was almost like I shouldn't be playing it. Hard to explain. Not every second is that amazing, but every other minute is. I thought Gears looked awesome, and Gears 2 was good, but not much of an upgrade and nothing that really excited me. I got a PS3 about a week after MGS4 was released. I was so amazed by the graphics and went and bought a new TV the following week.

FACT: SOME PS3 gamesare graphically superior toALL of the XBOX360 games.

Not saying 360 looks bad, but I'm sure it will never reach the level of PS3 exclusives.

NBSRDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 NBSRDan
Member since 2009 • 1320 Posts
When Gears of War comes out.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

Something you fail to notice, U2, KZ2, MGS4 are all first party games. So they will get more support than devs making multiplat games.

clyde46
I think that is his point that 360 is not getting equal dedication.
gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 gamerlifegrace

I have owned all 3 current gen consoles, which I believe gives me a valid opinion. NOTHING else on consoles comes close to U2 and KZ2. U2 actually felt kind of weird playing at first because it looks so good, it was almost like I shouldn't be playing it. Hard to explain.

FACT: SOME PS3 games are graphically superior toALL of the XBOX360 games.

Not saying 360 looks bad, but I'm sure it will never reach the level of PS3 exclusives.

kc9292

I agree with this statement.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

Gears Of War 1-2 and Mass Effect look as good as U2 and Killzone 2

themerlin
I have all five of those games and Gears 1-2 and Mass Effect don't look anywhere near as good as Uncharted 2... or Killzone 2, for that matter... UE3 runs and looks great on xbox, but the tech in U2 and KZ2 blows anything on 360 away... for now, anyway...
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

developers are holding back on multiplatform games when it comes to the PS3?

neomatrix909

Flip that around and you'll be spot on.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

One of the biggest limiting factors is DVD. Blue Ray's extra size means developers can put extra in it. Sure multi DVD would work, but muti disk games have for the most part fallen out of favor and are shunned. Hard drive loaded games (game is mostly on hard drive) are not widely accepted, and would alienate the fools who bought the $200 360.

washd123

no just no.

disk space is not related to graphics. unless you make some **** tech like megatexture.

ex. crysis is on a dvd

you do realize that the game crysis came compressed on the disk right? and when u offloaded it to ur HDD it became a bigger file right?
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

[QUOTE="washd123"]

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

One of the biggest limiting factors is DVD. Blue Ray's extra size means developers can put extra in it. Sure multi DVD would work, but muti disk games have for the most part fallen out of favor and are shunned. Hard drive loaded games (game is mostly on hard drive) are not widely accepted, and would alienate the fools who bought the $200 360.

stereointegrity

no just no.

disk space is not related to graphics. unless you make some **** tech like megatexture.

ex. crysis is on a dvd

you do realize that the game crysis came compressed on the disk right? and when u offloaded it to ur HDD it became a bigger file right?

its 6gb uncompressed with all the assets.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
Plain and simple facts no matter what console you root for PS3 has been pushing the best Graphics exclusives.....U2 is the best looking game(console)out right now....stop arguing this
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
Im going to laugh at these threads and like every year they get proven wrong.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

themerlin

thats why mgs4 beat out gears 2 for graphics of the year

and uncharted 2 leaves mgs4 in the dust...:roll:

face it ps3 has had the graphics king 3 years in a row(including 09) and the 360 hasnt surpassed gears of war2 yet

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#70 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Never.

Happy now?

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 washd123

[QUOTE="themerlin"]

xxgunslingerxx

gears 2 left MGS4 in the dust graphically MGS4 is a low res mess.

and MGS4 beat out crysis for best graphics nuff said about the credibility

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
2 games alone don't make up for superiority or more horse power,you need to show that since launch and with every multiplatform games,guess what that isn't happening now,the original xbox showed all that since day one.never say never at the end most get proven wrong and owned.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

Theres a game out called gears of war

Manticore7
and that game you call gears of war....looks like crap compared to killzone 2 and uncharted 2.
gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 gamerlifegrace

[QUOTE="xxgunslingerxx"]

[QUOTE="themerlin"]

washd123

gears 2 left MGS4 in the dust graphically MGS4 is a low res mess.

and MGS4 beat out crysis for best graphics nuff said about the credibility

what??? MGS4 looks way better than gears 2.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 washd123

what??? MGS4 looks way better than gears 2.

gamerlifegrace

looks are your opinion.

i think dead space is the best looking game ever. the only way we can say this game has better graphics than another is to imply that theres a standard or a objective way of comparing them. since the only objective thing in visuals is the tech thats all we have to go on. and sorry but tech wise MGS4 is horrible. not even good.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I never did understan the people who think MGS4 has ugly graphics :? To me its only 2nd to Uncharted 2. Seriously it has some of the best graphics seen in a game.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 washd123

I never did understan the people who think MGS4 has ugly graphics :? To me its only 2nd to Uncharted 2. Seriously it has some of the best graphics seen in a game.

GTSaiyanjin2

you must not have seen many games then

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

360 has been out a year longer than PS3 but PS3 is way ahead of them in graphics when it comes to exlusives. Uncharted 2 (and 1 lol) and Killzone 2, MGS4 are way superior in the graphics department. Gears 2 shows very little improvements and Halo ODST is laughable. Doesn't this confirm that developers are holding back on multiplatform games when it comes to the PS3?

neomatrix909
You are giving answer to your own question lol. """360 has """"""""""""""been out a year longer than PS3"""""""""""""" but PS3 is way ahead of them in graphics"""" compare PS2 and xbox """why xbox has better grahics""""
agff9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 agff9
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts
but..but...Gears graphics where done on PS3...
2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#80 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Something you fail to notice, U2, KZ2, MGS4 are all first party games. So they will get more support than devs making multiplat games.

clyde46
yeah, too sad MS 1st party is very weak and the 3rd party dun care enough to use the x360 fully............what an excuse??!!!
whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

I can't wait to shove Alan Wake & Halo: Reach in the fanboys faces when they launch next year..... Yeah the PS3 has graphics king title atm (talking consoles here Hermies, no need to post pics).... remember pre-Uncharted cows..... when the 360 had Gears of War....

This graphics thing is gonna go back and forth for as long as the consoles are being supported... don't you realize that? Or are you too big of fanboys, so as soon as the PS3 has the upper hand you claim "VICTORY", not realizing that there are another 2-3 rounds to go.

Oh well... I guess I'm the foolish one, expecting fanboys to use reason and logic.

Spanks113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 Spanks113
Member since 2006 • 303 Posts
What the hell is it with graphics threads. Who cares which one is better the xbox had the best graphics by a mile last gen and it came last. Why is it so important to have the best graphics for a console when they will be outdated within a year. It's gameplay and story that really matter.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I can't wait to shove Alan Wake & Halo: Reach in the fanboys faces when they launch next year..... Yeah the PS3 has graphics king title atm (talking consoles here Hermies, no need to post pics).... remember pre-Uncharted cows..... when the 360 had Gears of War....

This graphics thing is gonna go back and forth for as long as the consoles are being supported... don't you realize that? Or are you too big of fanboys, so as soon as the PS3 has the upper hand you claim "VICTORY", not realizing that there are another 2-3 rounds to go.

Oh well... I guess I'm the foolish one, expecting fanboys to use reason and logic.

whatisazerg

one cant expect to reason with you or else use logic considering you are somehow confirming Halo:Reach to be the next console graphics king, keep in mind we have seen nothing yet (specially gameplay vids) for Halo:Reach yet its been hyped by 360 fans as the next graphics king already..

But in here apparently only 'cows' hype exclusives as graphics king without seeing gameplay.. ppffff

With this i am sure Alan Wake will be visually great and look forward to it, but dont forget there are 3 other little titles coming out on PS3 which will surely challenge the likes of Alan Wake, ME2,Splinter cell & Halo:Reach (lets list it to make fans happy) and these are 100% PS3 exclusives such as GOW3, The Last Guardian & Heavy Rain..

not even listing GT5 cause apparently racing titles dont count in console graphics king related topics..

gamewhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 gamewhat
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts

themerlin

well bud, I have played Gears 3 and I will agree with you that it does look down right beautiful in some parts, but it's inconsistent. It's a good game, but you have to play a PS3 exclusive to know what every one is talking about. Take infamous for instance, it is open world and looks just as good as Gears 2 beautiful parts, but it does it consistantly and all the time, and it's open world too! That makes it more impressive. Uncharted 2 on the other hand is just mind blowing throughout. It'll make you damn. It's your opinion and I respect that.

Excedra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Excedra
Member since 2009 • 1264 Posts

This message should end this thread: Crysis 2 looks better than any ps3 game, and it works on 360, and it works well, possibly better looking than ps3 counterpart. cheack this out: http://kotaku.com/5339466/cryengine-3-360-vs-ps3

360 has better lighting, and better texture on the gun (during the tropical island part), and during the tunnel sequence, 360 owns.

left is ps3, and right is 360.....

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#87 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

PS3 is not "way ahead"! But yeah, Killzone2 and Uncharted2 look a bit better than Gears2 and some multiplats. anyway, Cryengine3 have allready proved that 360 (and PS3) are capable of even better graphics.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

This message should end this thread: Crysis 2 looks better than any ps3 game, and it works on 360, and it works well, possibly better looking than ps3 counterpart. cheack this out: http://kotaku.com/5339466/cryengine-3-360-vs-ps3

360 has better lighting, and better texture on the gun (during the tropical island part), and during the tunnel sequence, 360 owns.

left is ps3, and right is 360.....

Excedra
Yeah...let's take your word for it. Crytek has'nt said anything of those differences you just said, and I can not spot those differences in those tech videos. We'll have to wait for some real game videos to come out to before we can say anything about it. Crysis 2 will probably look worse than those videos because they may need to use some of the resources else were. If the game is more a openworld, it can not have those graphics. And Crytec has said they have learned a lot developing on the PS3, and that will benefit the other platforms as well.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#89 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts

Never, 360 got to weak hardware sorry lemmingz

aroxx_ab
...weak hardware you say eh? you know those tech demos of crysis 2 look better than U2 and Kz2 right? and they look better on the 360 version. BFBC looks just as good as Kz2 and its on the 360. Lets wait for Alan Wake, Halo reach, Fable 3, gears 3 and a bit more into this gen. wait for a 360 game to have 20 million dolars and 3-4 years poured into it on a custom engine, Then look at it I can assure ou the hardware isn't too far behiend the ps3 unless you want tosay that UC2 is the limit of the Ps3.
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
SplinterCell Conviction
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44328 Posts

Gears 2 & Banjo N&B - me thinks you need to take a look see.

I know we haven't seen anything yet but me thinks MS & Bungie have something to prove so come late 2010, we shall see on that as well. :P

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#92 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

Never, 360 got to weak hardware sorry lemmingz

mayceV

...weak hardware you say eh? you know those tech demos of crysis 2 look better than U2 and Kz2 right? and they look better on the 360 version. BFBC looks just as good as Kz2 and its on the 360. Lets wait for Alan Wake, Halo reach, Fable 3, gears 3 and a bit more into this gen. wait for a 360 game to have 20 million dolars and 3-4 years poured into it on a custom engine, Then look at it I can assure ou the hardware isn't too far behiend the ps3 unless you want tosay that UC2 is the limit of the Ps3.

lool, you judge by a tech demo??!!!, i would rather see a real application, i am sure any company could release a tech demo that can simulate semi real graphics, but who cares????

Halo reach, Fable 3, Gears 3 , you are very funny to mention games like 1.5-2 years away and we dun know absolutely nothing abt them except their names, till the moment x360 is behind in the graphics category since lat Feb.

InfiniteBlak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 InfiniteBlak
Member since 2009 • 794 Posts

Gears Of War 1-2 and Mass Effect look as good as U2 and Killzone 2

themerlin
no they dont. Uncharted2 and KZ2 blow any 360 game out of the water.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Malta_1980

I know we haven't seen anything yet but me thinks MS & Bungie have something to prove so come late 2010, we shall see on that as well. :P

SecretPolice

while both Geow2 & Banjo look great i still think that KZ2 & Uncharted2 are visually superior... KZ2 looks better than Geow2 and Ratchet&Clank: FTODis on par with Banjo, though ACIT looks even better than Banjo...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Malta_1980

while both Geow2 & Banjo look great i still think that KZ2 & Uncharted2 are visually superior... KZ2 looks better than Geow2 and Ratchet&Clank: FTODis on par with Banjo, though ACIT looks even better than Banjo...

Visuals are just so subjective and all have an opinion but I think it's safe to say that all the games we mentioned are comparable and close in their visual quality. In other words; it's not like comparing night and day as this thread seems to try to imply.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Malta_1980

[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

SecretPolice

Visuals are just so subjective and all have an opinion but I think it's safe to say that all the games we mentioned are comparable and close in their visual quality. In other words; it's not like comparing night and day as this thread seems to try to imply.

i agree, but it is still clear that games such as KZ2 & U2 currently offer the best visuals on consoles...

I can accept someone having a different opinion when it comes to personal preferences in artisticstyles taken by devs, however i cannot understand why someonewont acceptthe general 'opinion' stated by the media itself (so no fanboy talk)when saying games such as Uncharted2 or KZ2have the best visuals consoles currently have on offer ..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

Malta_1980

i agree, but it is still clear that games such as KZ2 & U2 currently offer the best visuals on consoles...

I can accept someone having a different opinion when it comes to personal preferences in artisticstyles taken by devs, however i cannot understand why someonewont acceptthe general 'opinion' stated by the media itself (so no fanboy talk)when saying games such as Uncharted2 or KZ2have the best visuals consoles currently have on offer ..

Frankly I still think it's mostly just...

:P

But okay - game on. :)

Avatar image for SLIisaownsystem
SLIisaownsystem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SLIisaownsystem
Member since 2009 • 964 Posts

360 has been out a year longer than PS3 but PS3 is way ahead of them in graphics when it comes to exlusives. Uncharted 2 (and 1 lol) and Killzone 2, MGS4 are way superior in the graphics department. Gears 2 shows very little improvements and Halo ODST is laughable. Doesn't this confirm that developers are holding back on multiplatform games when it comes to the PS3?

neomatrix909

it already shows just buy Resi5 and LP and Crysis 2 will end this topic

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

Gears 2 and Banjo come pretty close. I think it's so close it's not worth bothering about.

Talking about the difference between 360/PS3 and PC or 360/PS3 and Wii is a much bigger difference, and yet those topics aren't as prominent.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts

360 has better graphical games than MGS4, and Gears 2 is comparable to Uncharted 2