What will TITANFALL score on GS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

Poll What will TITANFALL score on GS? (244 votes)

AAAA (10) 11%
AAA (9.X) 46%
AA (8.X) 34%
A (7.X) 5%
Below 7 4%

The TITANFALL beta may be over, but now the fun begins in SW. It's time to stake your claim and own your prediction. What will the GS review be? This is where you lay it all on the line. Make your prediction and stick to it.

Here's your brief "How To Hype Thread" reminder:

• Vote using the poll options above
  • Make a post explaining your vote
  • Stick to your guns and own your choice

A couple extra notes -- Don't under-vote in order to save face, that's just annoying. Go all out, and if you over-hyped or if the majority votes higher than the score, that's okay -- just own it.

And now, some pretty things to look at, and don't forget this still counts as the TITANFALL sticky, so all other related discussions are absolutely, completely, 150% Randy Jackson welcome here.

Go forth and VOTE.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-608a2eb908da4
deactivated-608a2eb908da4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 deactivated-608a2eb908da4
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

Much better than Killzone shadow fall.

ROFL cows.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#352 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

There are 5+ Infamous threads on the first page. Yet the only allowed Titanfall thread is hidden away in this sticky.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

I'm very surprised EA would cancel the game there even if it was unplayable.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@hoyalawya said:

Just bought $100 Xbox gift cards for $86. I am ready to buy Titanfall digitally on Tuesday.

Nice. Could you pm where you got them? I'm getting the game digitally also.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

People are already playing the game on X1/PC. the other maps look promising, campaign is just the normal MP with cutscenes and voice overs during play (and some background animations) explaining the battlefields in more depth.

I got the game for £23.80 by proxying to mexico... lol.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#356 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Why does a handheld game have comparable graphics to TF on the xbone?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#357  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You can pull images from any number of games from any number of platforms and say the look similar. Simply being selective on which you pick.

Play the game, love the game, stop bashing the game.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 ReadingRainbow4

@tdkmillsy said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You can pull images from any number of games from any number of platforms and say the look similar. Simply being selective on which you pick.

Why can't I scrutinize the game? It's a valid point it looks marginally better than a 360 title, let alone Killzone Mercenaries.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Why can't I scrutinize the game? It's a valid point it looks marginally better than a 360 title, let alone Killzone Mercenaries.

Its not a valid point because its completely subjective you choose to see it as as good, while others may not, you choose this because you are a sheen not because the game actually looks as good.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Its not a valid point because its completely subjective you choose to see it as as good, while others may not, you choose this because you are a sheen not because the game actually looks as good.

Then explain why many, many people share my same views on TF's visuals.

There's a point when you can't argue subjectivity and Objectivity takes precedence. By next gen standards this game looks bad, hell even for the tail end of last gen this isn't anything impressive.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Different art style. Would love to see Killzone Mercenaries on big screen, let's see how good it looks then. Small gifs can make every game look good.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Harisemo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Different art style. Would love to see Killzone Mercenaries on big screen, let's see how good it looks then. Small gifs can make every game look good.

The art styles look pretty similar to me. I guess you could argue that KZ makes greater use of color.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#363  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Harisemo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Also the vita has a beast of a OLED screen.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ballroompirate said:

@Harisemo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Also the vita has a beast of a OLED screen.

That too, damn I really want that tech to become more widespread and affordable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Don't understand the pathetic graphics comparison posts.... people that havn't played the game trying to discredit it because cows have no GREAT gameplay games on their system?

The game in motion looks great. those pictures are shocking.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Just preordered Titanfall and Im preloading it now. I can't f***ing wait!

jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 jeffmonster
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

I still can't believe PS4 owners can't play this game. I honestly feel sorry for them - even though they are fanatic psycho's sometimes.........I still feel bad. I had so much fun with the beta, with barely any weapons available.....only two maps.......one Titan type.........can't wait for the full release!

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#368 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Late embargo for this one.

@MBirdy88 said:

Don't understand the pathetic graphics comparison posts.... people that havn't played the game trying to discredit it because cows have no GREAT gameplay games on their system?

The game in motion looks great. those pictures are shocking.

Man fanboys have completely switched roles this gen, just like the companies.

jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 jeffmonster

@juarbles said:

This game feels like a COD rip off, why would anyone be jelly of it? Stupid people get sold COD with mechs and think that it is an entirely new experience. We need people with brains in gaming people otherwise gaming is going to hell.

I bet that golden ticket makes the chocolate taste terrible..........waaaahh.............just buy an X1 Titanfall bundle. It's ok......you made a mistake in choosing PS4 - it's not too late to rectify!

h

jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By jeffmonster

@juarbles: Butthurt because I get to play titanfall? Hmmmm.......not sure I follow. Dis cow iz crazee. Cheer up Charlie

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/08/more-pictures-and-video-of-the-special-titanfall-xbox-one-shared-by-respawn-employees/

Hnnng. If this was the console that came with the $500 titanfall bundle, I would be tempted to pull the trigger. At least if they included the special edition controller, and a physical copy.

Remember the special edition Titanfall Xbox One leaked a while ago and that apparently was canned because of the cost of the project?

Looks like quite a lot of them have been manufactured anyway, and they’re being given to Respawn employees as a memento. Today they shared a few more pictures of the beautiful beast, and a video of it in action.

The pictures are actually quite interesting, as they show that even the box has been made, and it looks exactly the same as the one that was leaked (and that you can see in the last picture of the gallery at the bottom of this post), definitely adding more solidity to the other leaks shared a while ago by NeoGAF user Ntkrnl alongside the Titanfall console.

Loading Video...

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Screen shots tell one part of the story, but when the game is moving and the overall scale of it this game blows a shiton of games out of the waster in my eyes. It looks very good to me, but plays amazing and that separates it from a huge number of games. The full-on matches I've been watching I'm very impressed with the scale and graphics. No its not the best looking game I've ever seen, but some comments I see are really head scratching to me. Oh well to each his or her own. Personally I think the scale and graphics are a compliment and well done.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Oh man, just think guys, only two days until we never have to hear about this shit game ever again!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Oh man, just think guys, only two days until we never have to hear about this shit game ever again!

cry moar noob

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

cry moar noob

I'm happy about it, m8. :)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 lostrib

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@lostrib said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

cry moar noob

I'm happy about it, m8. :)

shhhhh no moar tears

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#382 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

These screens look like stages straight out of Halo: Reach. It's truly uncanny -- especially the first screencap.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

said:

There's a point when you can't argue subjectivity and Objectivity takes precedence. By next gen standards this game looks bad, hell even for the tail end of last gen this isn't anything impressive.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Titanfall isnt about cutting edge graphics, its about reinventing the competitive shooter. Anyone who played the BETA knows how decent this game is, regardless of resolution. Its a beast. A fun beast.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@always_explicit said:

Titanfall isnt about cutting edge graphics, its about reinventing the competitive shooter. Anyone who played the BETA knows how decent this game is, regardless of resolution. Its a beast. A fun beast.

This x1,000. Titanfall's graphics are mediocre, but the gameplay is stellar. If you want it the other way around, then go buy Killzone.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@WadeFan: As fun as resolutiongate was on SW for about a week its really starting to spoil the way we discuss games on these forums.

This is where fanboys need to put their bias aside. We have waited years and years for an innovative new shooter, when one finally arrives it is dismissed as over hyped by lems....despite the fact its multiplat.

When did a good game stop being a good game?

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@WadeFan: As fun as resolutiongate was on SW for about a week its really starting to spoil the way we discuss games on these forums.

This is where fanboys need to put their bias aside. We have waited years and years for an innovative new shooter, when one finally arrives it is dismissed as over hyped by lems....despite the fact its multiplat.

When did a good game stop being a good game?

Sadly, when one console has no games for it, the fanboys of said console can do two things.

1. Bash the console that has slightly more games or is getting a game they can't play.

2. Talk about pointless and meaningless topics such as sales and resolution. (Which is hilarious because sales meant nothing to cows last gen and now it's the ONLY thing that matters)

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

I don't understand the point of Titanfall. The whole purpose of a competitive game is humans vs humans. Adding random factors (bots) take away from the competitive aspect of the game. Yet this game is still getting hyped by Lems. Don't you Lems want better than this? Are advertising dollars that convincing that people are willing to accept any kind of garbage MS puts out? Before you answer, ask yourself if you prefer Titanfall with or without bots.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@musicalmac said:

These screens look like stages straight out of Halo: Reach. It's truly uncanny -- especially the first screencap.

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

said:

Yeah on Gaf someone mentioned Sword base and I agree.

And for some of you guys, lighten up a little. This is the only thread I can kick dirt around in about Xbones new flagship (quasi) exclusive.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@jeffmonster said:

@juarbles said:

This game feels like a COD rip off, why would anyone be jelly of it? Stupid people get sold COD with mechs and think that it is an entirely new experience. We need people with brains in gaming people otherwise gaming is going to hell.

I bet that golden ticket makes the chocolate taste terrible..........waaaahh.............just buy an X1 Titanfall bundle. It's ok......you made a mistake in choosing PS4 - it's not too late to rectify!

h

LOL at charlie bucket

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lol, you actually think that after the game is released and people are enjoying it that you will not hear anything about it again? ... oh wow, somebody forgot their logic pills this morning.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@WadeFan: Truer words have never been spoken!

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#392 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@Sagemode87: The game has no single player, the bots are there for two reasons. 1. to drive story and 2. to act as fodder to get your titan. There where times where I'm running through the map and you run into a room where two bots are in hand to hand combat I of course shot the enemy bot then the guy he was fighting started talking to me. Its little details its little things that make this feel like a real war. Bots also make you feel like your special operations the way they talk about you during the match and etc.

If you turn out to be a pilot who is better in a titan than on your feet you can use the smart pistol to farm bots get your titan fast. If your better on foot you can set your titan to follow and stay on foot and allow him to follow you.

There are just so many ways to play, and combat you can escape. During the beta if someone caught me by surprise and I just start jumping and kicking off walls I could turn the table. You have to be aware of 3d space in this game while fighting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Sagemode87 said:

I don't understand the point of Titanfall. The whole purpose of a competitive game is humans vs humans. Adding random factors (bots) take away from the competitive aspect of the game. Yet this game is still getting hyped by Lems. Don't you Lems want better than this? Are advertising dollars that convincing that people are willing to accept any kind of garbage MS puts out? Before you answer, ask yourself if you prefer Titanfall with or without bots.

only it doesn't... so stop repeating this tired excuse of an arguement.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394  Edited By mems_1224

Someone should edit the first post and put all our Orgin tags so we can get a GS squad goin once the game comes out.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By lostrib

apparently people have already been playing it on PC

COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts
@lostrib said:

apparently people have already been playing it on PC

And the XBOX ONE. Game looks great. Only a few more days left.

COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts
Loading Video...

Some Titanfall gameplay on the XBOX ONE. Game is going to be crazy good.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I still dunno if I'll get it at launch. I kinda wanna get South Park now kek

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Also

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400  Edited By mems_1224

@PhazonBlazer said:

I still dunno if I'll get it at launch. I kinda wanna get South Park now kek

Id wait on South Park. $60 for 12 hours and no replayability. Id wait at least until summer when they maybe knock it down to $30