What will TITANFALL score on GS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

Poll What will TITANFALL score on GS? (244 votes)

AAAA (10) 11%
AAA (9.X) 46%
AA (8.X) 34%
A (7.X) 5%
Below 7 4%

The TITANFALL beta may be over, but now the fun begins in SW. It's time to stake your claim and own your prediction. What will the GS review be? This is where you lay it all on the line. Make your prediction and stick to it.

Here's your brief "How To Hype Thread" reminder:

• Vote using the poll options above
  • Make a post explaining your vote
  • Stick to your guns and own your choice

A couple extra notes -- Don't under-vote in order to save face, that's just annoying. Go all out, and if you over-hyped or if the majority votes higher than the score, that's okay -- just own it.

And now, some pretty things to look at, and don't forget this still counts as the TITANFALL sticky, so all other related discussions are absolutely, completely, 150% Randy Jackson welcome here.

Go forth and VOTE.

• 
whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

@@

@jeffmonster said:

I still can't believe PS4 owners can't play this game. I honestly feel sorry for them - even though they are fanatic psycho's sometimes.........I still feel bad. I had so much fun with the beta, with barely any weapons available.....only two maps.......one Titan type.........can't wait for the full release!

I'm a PS4 owner and I'll be playing Titanfall.... in 1080p @ 60fps no less. What resolution / fps will you be playing your version in?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#402  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@whatsazerg said:

@@

@jeffmonster said:

I still can't believe PS4 owners can't play this game. I honestly feel sorry for them - even though they are fanatic psycho's sometimes.........I still feel bad. I had so much fun with the beta, with barely any weapons available.....only two maps.......one Titan type.........can't wait for the full release!

I'm a PS4 owner and I'll be playing Titanfall.... in 1080p @ 60fps no less. What resolution / fps will you be playing your version in?

Burn

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#403 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

When will the reviews start coming out?

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@whatsazerg: On your ps4?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Oh man, just think guys, only two days until we never have to hear about this shit game ever again!

Lol, you actually think that after the game is released and people are enjoying it that you will not hear anything about it again? ... oh wow, somebody forgot their logic pills this morning.

You'll have your containment thread, Lamespot and the rest of the "professional outfits" will have nothing else to hype up. It'll all be nice and quiet in a week. Titanwhat?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

So is it unlocking on Orgin at midnight tomorrow because mine says it unlocks at 11pm tomorrow which would be midnight on the east coast.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 lostrib

@hoyalawya said:

When will the reviews start coming out?

I believe someone at IGN said 9am Pacific on Monday

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 lostrib

Since people have already been playing before release, I hope they wipe stats on release

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@lostrib said:

Since people have already been playing before release, I hope they wipe stats on release

Yes please

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By Spartan070

After 6 months of SW craziness PS4 loyalists seem to still be under the impression that:

A) only PS4 owners also have gaming rigs

and B) EVERY PS4 owner also has a gaming rig.

Mock typical SW convo:

"Too bad PS4 isn't getting Titanfall"

"Yes I am and I'll be playing it in 1080p/4K at 60FPS, sucks to have an Xbone."

Really guys, really? So every PS4 owner has a mid-high end rig now? Did they come with the console as an early pre-order bonus or was there a bundle?

PS4 not getting Titanfall =\= no PS4 owner will be able to somehow get their hands on Titanfall.

/minirant.

jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 jeffmonster
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

@whatsazerg said:

@@

@jeffmonster said:

PS4 + Gaming PC = Xbox One..........gotcha. Haha........ what a dumbass!

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#413 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@Spartan070 said:

After 6 months of SW craziness PS4 loyalists seem to still be under the impression that:

Mock typical SW convo:

Really guys, really? So every PS4 owner has a mid-high end rig now? Did they come with the console as an early pre-order bonus or was there a bundle?

PS4 not getting Titanfall =\= no PS4 owner will be able to somehow get there hands on Titanfall.

/minirant.

It's been like this for years, every Cow is a complete hypocrite who apparently owns every system under the sun and thinks everybody else only owns one. You can usually tell how fanboys are scared of a game by the quality of "pun" names they come up with for it and the frequency of use. I've constantly seen "Titanshit" so yeah, their panties are certainly ruffled.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 Spartan070

@Desmonic said:

So when will the reviews start pouring in? :P Today (10th) or really just tomorrow?

I think IGN is like 9pm PST today

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

This is a AAA game if ever I've seen one. This is like COD4 back on 360. It's gonna be the defining multiplayer shooter of the gen I think.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 GrenadeLauncher

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo beaten by Infamous pre-orders globally. That's gotta chap lem asses - they have become increasingly shrill lately. >:3

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 locopatho

@sts106mat said:

@locopatho said:

This is a AAA game if ever I've seen one. This is like COD4 back on 360. It's gonna be the defining multiplayer shooter of the gen I think.

I've the same feeling, except i think it has way more potential than COD. the Titans really change things up, there are many ways to play. In the beta, i'd be running around shooting and killing trying to get my titan quicker, but when it was ready, i was having so much fun as a pilot, i'd often leave it in follow mode. but then when i did get in the titan, you just feel like a monster, the game is going to be truly epic. It sucks we have to wait till Thursday night at the earliest.

O definitely, it'll be beyond COD (as it should be, as a next gen title)

I've to wait a couple more weeks til my new PC arrives. I'm trying to stay positive and rationalise that it gives time for bugs and slowness to be fixed... but it's not working, I need this game :P

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

@Desmonic said:

So when will the reviews start pouring in? :P Today (10th) or really just tomorrow?

I think IGN is like 9pm PST today

Gee I wonder how NINE-GN will score a big AAA title from a big developer.

What score could they possibly give a highly anticipated game like Titanfall...hmmmm...

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 GrenadeLauncher

@Spartan070 said:

Mock typical SW convo:

PS4 not getting Titanfall =\= no PS4 owner will be able to somehow get their hands on Titanfall.

/minirant.

Gonna copypaste this a lot much else?

You don't even need a mid-high end rig anyway, my year old laptop could run it easily.

You forgot about the inevitably identical 360 version too.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Can't wait to see fanboys finally shut up when they see just how much better Xbone version looks compared to 360.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
  • Central Asia: (Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand) 3/11 12:00 KST
  • North America (United States, Mexico, Canada, Brazil) 3/11 12:00 AM EST
  • Russia: 3/11 11:00 MSK
  • Australia: 3/12 13:00 UTC
  • Japan: 3/12 15:00 UTC
  • Europe (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland): 3/12 23:00 UTC
  • New Zealand: 3/13 12:00 UTC
  • India: 3/13 18:30 UTC
  • United Kingdom: 3/13 23:00 UTC
  • Ireland: 3/13 23:00 UTC
  • Portugal: 3/13 23:00 UTC

That's when you can play. OHHH yeah...

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 hoyalawya

Release schedule for digital download

Xbox One: (Local Market Start Date / Time)

• United States: 3/11/14 – 12:00 AM PDT
  • Canada: 3/11/14 – 12:00 AM PDT
  • Mexico: 3/11/14 – 12:00 AM PST
  • Brazil: 3/11/14 – 4:00 AM BRT
  • Austria: 3/13/14 – 12:00 AM CET
  • France: 3/13/14 – 12:00 AM CET
  • Germany: 3/13/14 – 12:00 AM CET
  • Ireland: 3/14/14 – 12:00 AM GMT
  • Italy: 3/13/14 – 12:00 AM CET
  • Spain: 3/13/14 – 12:00 AM CET
  • United Kingdom: 3/14/14 – 12:00 AM GMT
  • Australia: 3/13/14 – 12:00 AM AEDT
  • New Zealand: 3/14/14 – 12:00 AM NZDT

PC: Origin PC:

• North America (United States, Mexico, Canada, Brazil) 3/11 12:00 AM EST
  • Central Asia: (Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand) 3/11 12:00 KST
  • Russia: 3/11 11:00 MSK
  • Australia: 3/12 13:00 UTC
  • Japan: 3/12 15:00 UTC
  • Europe (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland): 3/12 23:00 UTC
  • New Zealand: 3/13 12:00 UTC India: 3/13 18:30 UTC
  • United Kingdom: 3/13 23:00 UTC
  • Ireland: 3/13 23:00 UTC
  • Portugal: 3/13 23:00 UTC

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

>Have your initial strategy be focused on always-online digital-only glorious future

>Have no pre-load plan like the PS4 does

Top work, MS

I got in on the astroturf fun as well, do you like it?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@whatsazerg said:

@@

@jeffmonster said:

ziiiing

OT:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-ships-at-792p

Titanfall launches at the same "792p" resolution as the beta code released last month, according to reports that surfaced over the weekend, and officially confirmed by Respawn lead engineer Richard Baker during a recent interview with Digital Foundry.

"We've been experimenting with making it higher and lower. One of the big tricks is how much ESRAM we're going to use, so we're thinking of not using hardware MSAA and instead using FXAA to make it so we don't have to have this larger render target," Baker told us.

"We're going to experiment. The target is either 1080p non-anti-aliased or 900p with FXAA. We're trying to optimise... we don't want to give up anything for higher res. So far we're not 100 per cent happy with any of the options, we're still working on it. For day one it's not going to change. We're still looking at it for post-day one. We're likely to increase resolution after we ship."

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Why does a handheld game have comparable graphics to TF on the xbone?

KZ's texture quality is very weak in comparison plus KZ runs at lower res and half the framerate.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Oh man, just think guys, only two days until we never have to hear about this shit game ever again!

Lol, you actually think that after the game is released and people are enjoying it that you will not hear anything about it again? ... oh wow, somebody forgot their logic pills this morning.

All the logic pills in the world isn't enough for that rabid Sony fanboy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I love all the schedule talk... just proxy to korea and you can play in like 3 hours time, why wait? its not bannable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I love all the schedule talk... just proxy to korea and you can play in like 3 hours time, why wait? its not bannable.

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Spartan070 said:

Mock typical SW convo:

/minirant.

Gonna copypaste this a lot much else?

You don't even need a mid-high end rig anyway, my year old laptop could run it easily.

proof? considering max settings takes 3GB VRAM ... which I KNOW your laptop has nowhere near.

oh you mean run? run like s*it.... a competitive shooter? at what 20 fps? mid/low settings... cool... but then that is still a step up from the PS4 version.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 musicalmac  Moderator

The New York Times writes about Titanfall and MS --

As another science-fiction shooting game, Titanfall resembles Halo, at least superficially. But Respawn has put a fresh spin on the concept. And as inexpensive mobile games soak up more time from players, the game is also an opportunity for a big-budget console game, with eye-popping effects and a monopoly over the biggest screen in the house, to reassert itself and its genre.

Pretty interesting to see something like the NYT pick up on the hype. Also interesting to see them cite the prevalence of mobile games.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Review Embargo lifts in 1 hour. 12 noon EST/9 am PST.

NOT saying that's when GS will post their review, but that's when they CAN post it.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 musicalmac  Moderator

“It’s very early in the race, but the danger is if PS4 just keeps building momentum, that could cause them a lot of trouble,” David Cole, a game analyst at DFC Intelligence, said of Microsoft. “The next nine months are really critical for Xbox One. Titanfall is huge in that respect.”

Also thought this bit above was interesting from the same article. That's good and candid.

@WadeFan said:

NOT saying that's when GS will post their review, but that's when they CAN post it.

Killer news. Can't wait to see reviews. Actually excited to learn what people think of the full game. It's been a long time since a game has gotten me this pumped.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

"Muh cloud"

Why is the AI so crap then?

@musicalmac said:

As another science-fiction shooting game, Titanfall resembles Halo, at least superficially. But Respawn has put a fresh spin on the concept. And as inexpensive mobile games soak up more time from players, the game is also an opportunity for a big-budget console game, with eye-popping effects and a monopoly over the biggest screen in the house, to reassert itself and its genre.

Pretty interesting to see something like the NYT pick up on the hype. Also interesting to see them cite the prevalence of mobile games.

Thanks for reminding me why the mainstream media talking about videogames is so cringeworthy. :X

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437  Edited By kbanna
Member since 2011 • 741 Posts

Already posted?? Titanfall to be updated to 1080p or 900p post launch http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-titanfall-ships-at-792p

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@musicalmac said:
@WadeFan said:

Killer news. Can't wait to see reviews. Actually excited to learn what people think of the full game. It's been a long time since a game has gotten me this pumped.

Yep, personally I had 0 hype for it before the beta. I was waiting for COD with mechs at that point, but now, after playing the Beta, my hype is through the roof. I am so excited for this game. I hope it gets 8-9 personally however.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#439 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@locopatho said:

I hope this is true. When I was playing Titanfall's beta, I was getting some big COD4 vibes.

I haven't found an FPS I've enjoyed as much as I did with COD4. I'm hoping this will take it.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 musicalmac  Moderator

@WadeFan said:

@musicalmac said:
@WadeFan said:

Yep, personally I had 0 hype for it before the beta. I was waiting for COD with mechs at that point, but now, after playing the Beta, my hype is through the roof. I am so excited for this game. I hope it gets 8-9 personally however.

Same, didn't care about it at all, just saw a beta sign up and thought I'd give it a go. Now, it's the first PC game I've ever pre-ordered... ever.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 musicalmac  Moderator

@GrenadeLauncher said:

"Muh cloud"

Why is the AI so crap then?

@musicalmac said:

Thanks for reminding me why the mainstream media talking about videogames is so cringeworthy. :X

What are you talking about?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 locopatho

@musicalmac said:

Yeah I think to more casual gamers, the type that mighta bought a PS2 or a Wii with a handful of games, mobile/tablet gaming is far more visible and relevant now.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 hoyalawya

Somewhat relevant. For those that claims that Titanfall on Xbox 360 will be indistinguishable from the Xbox One, Digital Foundry just published an analysis of Plants vs Zombies GW XB360 vs XB1 - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-face-off

Ultimately, it's the higher frame-rate that really makes the Xbox One version of Plants vs Zombies stand out, allowing for smoother and more responsive gameplay that can only be achieved on console by running at 60fps.

In comparison, the experience is shakier on Xbox 360, and falls short in the kind of consistency and smoothness expected from an online shooter. However, on a more positive note, the 360 release still manages to remain very playable despite the frequent tearing problems, and the same exemplary gameplay is present across both consoles. This makes Garden Warfare well worth checking out on either platform, but clearly the experience is leagues ahead on Xbox One.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 musicalmac  Moderator

@locopatho said:

Yeah I think to more casual gamers, the type that mighta bought a PS2 or a Wii with a handful of games, mobile/tablet gaming is far more visible and relevant now.

Yeah, those gamers also tend to be the ones with money. Heh.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@Desmonic said:

@musicalmac said:

Gotta say, I lol'd at the "eye-popping" effects part :P If there is something this game won't be, is a graphical powerhouse XD

I'll tell you this -- while the textures up-close aren't going to impress anyone too much, the game itself does look fantastic. It really looks clean and sharp. Overall it's one of the most pleasing and graphically crisp shooters I've played. I never felt like things were cloudy and I never felt like I was struggling to determine what was what.

Combine a graphically crisp game like that and consistently fantastic moments (like titans dropping, pilots wall-running, titans going nuclear, pilots wrangling titans, big particle explosions everywhere, specter drops, explosions, etc), it's really fun to play. It's so fluid and responsive, the whole thing rocks. I can't wait.