What will TITANFALL score on GS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 6 months, 9 days ago

Poll: What will TITANFALL score on GS? (244 votes)

AAAA (10) 11%
AAA (9.X) 46%
AA (8.X) 34%
A (7.X) 5%
Below 7 4%

The TITANFALL beta may be over, but now the fun begins in SW. It's time to stake your claim and own your prediction. What will the GS review be? This is where you lay it all on the line. Make your prediction and stick to it.

Here's your brief "How To Hype Thread" reminder:

• Vote using the poll options above
  • Make a post explaining your vote
  • Stick to your guns and own your choice

A couple extra notes -- Don't under-vote in order to save face, that's just annoying. Go all out, and if you over-hyped or if the majority votes higher than the score, that's okay -- just own it.

And now, some pretty things to look at, and don't forget this still counts as the TITANFALL sticky, so all other related discussions are absolutely, completely, 150% Randy Jackson welcome here.

Go forth and VOTE.

#301 Posted by MonsieurX (29241 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@MonsieurX said:
@_Matt_ said:

@lostrib said:

@millerlight89 said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@lostrib: https://mobile.twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/439496742871269376?p=p

What's up now son.

Not really a big deal. Rather play a great game, than act like that marcos guy on twitter.

Wow...reminds me of when PNF lost his shit about Ghosts being 720p on X1

What was the PNF alt at that time? I'm trying to remember?

MrXboxOne I think

Ahh yes, was XboxStache another PNF?

Not sure,they don't act the same.

#302 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Titanfall Launch trailer. We are one week away!

#303 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38210 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Titanfall Launch trailer. We are one week away!

Badass trailer. This game is gonna be big!

Also people don't give the animations in the game enough credit, seeing a lot of slow mo shots there were impressive

#304 Posted by musicalmac (22850 posts) -

@shawn30: Thank you

And so good.... So good...

#305 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@musicalmac: You know something I really like, and granted, this is a very very small thing. Respawn didn't start any of the 3 commercials with "From the makers of Call of Duty MW and 2" or anything like that. They simply show the name of the company and the game, choosing not to piggyback on former success to sell their new product. They're letting the game sell itself.

#306 Posted by musicalmac (22850 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@musicalmac: You know something I really like, and granted, this is a very very small thing. Respawn didn't start any of the 3 commercials with "From the makers of Call of Duty MW and 2" or anything like that. They simply show the name of the company and the game, choosing not to piggyback on former success to sell their new product. They're letting the game sell itself.

Very cool observation. That's a great point. I'm guessing they were ready to leave behind the old, and embrace the new. Titanfall feels new, it's going to be amazing.

#307 Posted by inb4uall (5284 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Very cool observation. That's a great point. I'm guessing they were ready to leave behind the old, and embrace the new. Titanfall feels new, it's going to be amazing.

That's one theory. You could be right, but I think it's likely that infinity ward/Activison might have had something to do with that not happening.

#308 Edited by istreakforfood (7749 posts) -

I dusted off the ole 360 and hooked it back up in case this game turns out well. Still got a 14 day Gold code from Halo 4 and that should do for a Titanfall rental to see if it's worth playing/owning/re-subscribing.

Playing it on 360 might not be a good representation of the game. Gameplay might be different from pc and x1.

#309 Posted by PAL360 (26652 posts) -

8.0. It's not my kind of game, but i'm sure that fast paced shooter fans will love it.

#310 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17233 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@musicalmac said:

@shawn30 said:

That's one theory. You could be right, but I think it's likely that infinity ward/Activison might have had something to do with that not happening.

Probably a clause in their contract after leaving. If you have an ace why not use it?

#311 Edited by lostrib (33400 posts) -

Damn, looks like GMG's only going to go as far as $10 off of Titanfall.

#312 Edited by Fuhrer_D (25 posts) -

Nine, though it could score a ten. My score is based on the fact that no game has really been fun since playing the beta. Got tired of Tomb Raider: DE 50% through, haven't picked up NBA 2K14 since playing, played a bit of Halo:SA and KI since (both the most fun in twenty minute play sessions), The Last of Us got completely put down (30% through), and sometimes I think of playing Nino Kuni but never put it in the system.

#313 Posted by musicalmac (22850 posts) -

Just got an email from GameFly (from whom I purchased Titanfall for 48USD, @lostrib), and it let me know the pre-loading can begin at 9PM PST on 3/10 next week. Pretty exciting!

#314 Edited by lostrib (33400 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

Just got an email from GameFly (from whom I purchased Titanfall for 48USD, @lostrib), and it let me know the pre-loading can begin at 9PM PST on 3/10 next week. Pretty exciting!

Yeah, unfortunately the 20% off code expired, and the new one doesn't apply :(

#315 Edited by musicalmac (22850 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@musicalmac said:

Bumeroo. Oh well, on the bright side -- it's still awesome and it's worth the 60 anyways, probably. Hehe.

#316 Posted by lostrib (33400 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@musicalmac said:

Bumeroo. Oh well, on the bright side -- it's still awesome and it's worth the 60 anyways, probably. Hehe.

Yeah, beta was fun. Considering I put at least 10 hours in the beta, I'm sure I could get my money's worth

#317 Posted by musicalmac (22850 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@musicalmac said:

@lostrib said:

@musicalmac said:

Yeah, beta was fun. Considering I put at least 10 hours in the beta, I'm sure I could get my money's worth

TEN hours into the beta? I'd say you'll get your money's worth with almost complete certainty, hehe.

#318 Posted by lostrib (33400 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@musicalmac said:

@lostrib said:

@musicalmac said:

TEN hours into the beta? I'd say you'll get your money's worth with almost complete certainty, hehe.

I think it was close to 14 (only two maps got boring, plus the level cap). On reddit, I saw some people saying that had 24+ hours in the beta, which is ridiculous. Now that I think it over, I barely got 27 hours out of COD Ghosts and I paid 48 for that hunk of crap, and I had more fun in the Titanfall beta than I did in all of Ghosts.

Funny thing is, after the awful launches of Ghosts and BF4, I swore of pre-ordering games. And now Titanfall has me wanting to preorder. Damn you Respawn!

#319 Edited by musicalmac (22850 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I think it was close to 14 (only two maps got boring, plus the level cap). On reddit, I saw some people saying that had 24+ hours in the beta, which is ridiculous. Now that I think it over, I barely got 27 hours out of COD Ghosts and I paid 48 for that hunk of crap, and I had more fun in the Titanfall beta than I did in all of Ghosts.

Funny thing is, after the awful launches of Ghosts and BF4, I swore of pre-ordering games. And now Titanfall has me wanting to preorder. Damn you Respawn!

I'm up for playing with anyone via Origin... Would love to get a group of 6 together to wreck unsuspecting randoms...

#320 Posted by psone4xbox (45 posts) -

I'll guess it will get a 9. I watched the beta and it looks good to me. I don't mind it being multiplayer only, reminds me of quake 3 arena in that regard.

I gave up on PC gaming so I'll try the xb1 version. I'm more comfortable on the sofa and big tv these days..

#321 Posted by Mickeyminime (1117 posts) -

I'd laugh so hard if it got a 7 or less

#322 Edited by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

not long to go now eh? bugged that I have to wait until thursday (earliest) or Friday next week. this really should have seen a simultaneous world wide release.

#323 Posted by musicalmac (22850 posts) -

not long to go now eh? bugged that I have to wait until thursday (earliest) or Friday next week. this really should have seen a simultaneous world wide release.

At least the reviews will be simultaneously released, and that's the real fun anyways, right? Finding out if Titanfall met the hype (which is solidly AAA)?

#324 Edited by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

At least the reviews will be simultaneously released, and that's the real fun anyways, right? Finding out if Titanfall met the hype (which is solidly AAA)?

any idea when they come out ?

#325 Posted by musicalmac (22850 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@sts106mat said:

No, I don't know when they'll start to drop. (See what I did there?)

#326 Edited by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

@musicalmac: haha, i can hear the crackle already....i love that sound ...it's like the space shuttle taking off (thats where my username comes from btw, after Me and the wife watched space shuttle atlantis take off in Florida).

It'd be awesome as an email/text notification on your mobile.

#327 Edited by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@sts106mat said:

IGN review on March 10 @ 9PM PT

#328 Posted by sts106mat (18895 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@sts106mat said:

@musicalmac said:

@sts106mat said:

nice work pal. those lucky dudes must be getting busy with titans already.....damn!

#329 Posted by Alcapello (671 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@sts106mat said:

@musicalmac said:

@sts106mat said:

Will wait for the GS review <return>

<return>

<return>

nope, couldn't really give 2 sh....

Not yet anyways

#330 Posted by lhughey (4222 posts) -

I'm so damn excited for this game that I've purchased two smaller games just to eat up my time till Tuesday at 12am. I'm playing through TLOU Left behind and I'm downloading Walking Dead Season 2 ep 2 this weekend. Tuesday at 12am can't get here fast enough. I'm off work for that day two. I'm gonna be pounding back caffeine (to stay awak) and pizza like I'm 16 or something!

#331 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16254 posts) -

Yeah, I want to play the game as soon as possible. But I still have some games I want to finish before I get hooked on Titanfall.

#332 Posted by Chutebox (36448 posts) -

@lhughey said:

I'm so damn excited for this game that I've purchased two smaller games just to eat up my time till Tuesday at 12am. I'm playing through TLOU Left behind and I'm downloading Walking Dead Season 2 ep 2 this weekend. Tuesday at 12am can't get here fast enough. I'm off work for that day two. I'm gonna be pounding back caffeine (to stay awak) and pizza like I'm 16 or something!

Ugh, sounds like heartburn haha

#333 Posted by BattleSpectre (5953 posts) -

I'm so excited I'm giggling like a little school girl, Titanfall is going to be so much fun.

#334 Edited by genius2365 (370 posts) -

I tried the beta on PC and while it does introduce some interesting new mechanics (parkour, jetpacks, etc.), it's not really enough to give it AAA status. I got bored after 2 days and while I know there will be more variety in the final release, it'll still feel like COD 2.0 to me (minus single player and co-op). Also, while I know the beta is unfinished, the textures and graphics looked ugly and took away from the experience, and I am rarely the one to complain about graphics.

I think it's worth an 8/10

#335 Posted by lhughey (4222 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@lhughey said:

Old men such as myself keep some Prilosec handy. Lol.

#336 Posted by tormentos (16795 posts) -

Depending who rates it,if the same dude who review Forza does this one,probably a 10,if MC Shea does it a 7 based on something totally stupid that doesn't even matter to gameplay.

#337 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

The review will be very interesting to me because I put 10+ hours into the beta and really got a feel for what Titanfall was about. If they launch with the 15 maps as expected, plus duel multiplayer campaigns modes and 5 multiplayer modes, the game-play and content size I think will warrant a 9 and possibly a 10. This game will have legs, and the words "Xbox Record That" will be used so often the first 48 hours I expect Upload servers may go down. Fun times ahead.

#338 Posted by Chutebox (36448 posts) -

@lhughey said:

@Chutebox said:

@lhughey said:

I'm more of a Tums man. I miss those days where I'd sit up all night with my bro and bud playing games, drinking soda, and eating pizza. Damn you responsibilities and such!

#339 Edited by DigitalDame (3790 posts) -

@tormentos: The dude who reviewed Forza 5 was Shaun and I'm pretty sure that Tom is busy reviewing things that are not Titanfall. We tend to let staff who fancy themselves aficionado's of the genre review the game in question.

#340 Posted by jsmoke03 (12622 posts) -

@tormentos: The dude who reviewed Forza 5 was Shaun and I'm pretty sure that Tom is busy reviewing things that are not Titanfall. We tend to let staff who fancy themselves aficionado's of the genre review the game in question.

so why is tom anywhere near games with guns????

#341 Edited by DigitalDame (3790 posts) -

@jsmoke03: I'm assuming when you say that you're asking about The Last of Us? To be honest, I'm not sure, you could try asking him.

EDIT

So I asked Tom why he reviewed TLOU in the first place and this is what he told me:

I'm a huge fan of ND and thought it looked interesting. I review every ND game.

#342 Posted by tormentos (16795 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

@DigitalDame said:

Probably because he doesn't like those types of games.

I would imagine the chaos it would form if MC Shea flopped Titanfall...hahahaha

Or maybe he is grounded after rating Beyond 2 Souls 9 and The Last of US 8..hahaha

#343 Posted by musicalmac (22850 posts) -

HEADS UP TO ALL ORIGIN PRE-ORDERS

Check your inbox, it's likely that your key is available and that you can begin pre-loading. It's wise to do so, especially if you don't have particularly fast Internet speeds -- because it really is clocking in at 50 gigs.

GO GO GO!

#345 Posted by lhughey (4222 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@lhughey said:

@Chutebox said:

@lhughey said:

I'm more of a Tums man. I miss those days where I'd sit up all night with my bro and bud playing games, drinking soda, and eating pizza. Damn you responsibilities and such!

I feel your pain, brotha. My kids will be on spring break with they grandparents, so I'll be kickin it ole school and living without a care in the world for a whole day. That is until my wife gets in from work and wonders why I'm still in my pajamas and I and there's aluminum beverage cans everywhere. It reminds me of an old Playstation 2 contest video I made in 2002. I ended up getting 3rd place and winning a cool white PS2, but the acting sucked big time.

#346 Edited by jsmoke03 (12622 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

@DigitalDame said:

Probably because he doesn't like those types of games.

I would imagine the chaos it would form if MC Shea flopped Titanfall...hahahaha

Or maybe he is grounded after rating Beyond 2 Souls 9 and The Last of US 8..hahaha

yea my point exactly, so if he hates violent games, whats he doing reviewing them? lol

#347 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (930 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@lhughey said:

LMAO.

#348 Edited by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

Just bought $100 Xbox gift cards for $86. I am ready to buy Titanfall digitally on Tuesday.

#349 Edited by lostrib (33400 posts) -

Just bought $100 Xbox gift cards for $86. I am ready to buy Titanfall digitally on Tuesday.

but then you have to wait for it to download

#350 Edited by Dilrod (4239 posts) -

Titanfall cancelled in South Africa http://games.yahoo.com/news/hazard-xbox-cloud-ea-cancels-203524931.html