U4: in-engine, in-game, in real-time, single PS4, 1080p60

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Horrible....you are right though about Ryse.....I just read the article...my bad.

I was waiting for at least one lem to use them. Just so happens it was you.

Yay me!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#252 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yay me!

they should pour one out for you for taking that land mine ;lol

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yay me!

they should pour one out for you for taking that land mine ;lol

Hey, at least I admit when I am wrong. Thanks goodness it doesn't happen very often ;)

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@lostrib: there you go

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps4-cpu-xbone-cpu-30998067/?page=2

now stfu and kiss my fist!

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#255 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@xhawk27 said:

So Uncharted 4 is using the Unreal 4 engine?

no. They are using the same Engine they built from the ground up for the PS3.

@cfisher2833 said:

God are there a lot of morons in this thread.

1. In engine =/= in-game, real-time

2. Naughty Dog is not composed of ancient wise men with freakishly amazing coding talent that no one else in the industry has access to. They couldn't keep their last game at a fucking stable 30fps. Some gods!! Not to mention, the Last of Us looked like garbage. Terrible image quality, low res textures everywhere, jaggies, piss filters, just ugh...ugly as hell. Maybe it was enough to impress the idiots at IGN, but for people that are actually used to good looking games, it looked atrocious.

3. If you seriously think they're gonna pull off that level of IQ with that level of AA at a stable 60fps...you're a fucking idiot. Now, remove the high quality AA, tone down the ambient occlusion and other minor yet costly visual effects, make the environments confined enough ala the Order, and yeah, I can see it pulling off close to 60fps. The fact that the Order needs to run with black bars at 30fps while utilizing 4XMSAA (the kind of AA you would need for that level of image quality) should tell you something.

2. they do. They have Corrine Yu and are developing exclusively for the most powerful current gen consoles. As hyperbolic as this sounds it's all true. And Uncharted games have always had rock-solid frame-rate, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Go read some Digital Foundry. And their online even though it was running on P2P server the latency was some of the lowest in all the last gen games including dedicated servers. Some kind of wizardry they must be using to achieve all this stuff.

"Last of Us looked like garbage. Terrible image quality"

^ Oh lordy, GTFO!

3. Some of what you say here might turn out true but Naughty Gods are the Naughty Gods, the least we can expect is one of the best looking games of the generation either way.

You seem to not understand how the games industry works. People move from company to company and take their coding knowledge with them. Corrine Yu is no different and worked at numerous different companies prior to going to ND in 2013. Did Gearbox games start to look like CGI due to her mere presence at the company? Did Halo 4?

And really? None of their games have framerate problems, hmm?

Loading Video...

And seriously? That's high image quality? Low res textures, jaggies, low resolution, poor shading. Don't get me wrong, it looks good for a console game running on old ass hardware, but don't sit here an pretend it has the same image quality as games that haven't confined themselves to consoles.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#256  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@heretrix said:

@lawlessx said:

@heretrix said:

The next time somebody mentions 1080p/60FPS like it's a fucking technical marvel should be slapped with a dirty diaper.

just wait until consoles get real mod support..this place will go nuts.

Yeah, I know. Right now it means nothing but as soon as a console gets it, it's innovative.

And if sony supports it first they will be praised as leaders of industry bringing us to the future of usercreated content

oh how i can't wait

Then its gona be

#Godny Domination Continuation™

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#257 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia: Almost every Sony game gets downgraded before it gets released.

False.

Not false. Very true. All the Uncharted games that were shown at the E3 prior to release all got downgraded in some way. Same with Resistence, Killzone, Deep Down and even GT5. Not ever game. I don't think Ratchet & Clank got downgraded. If there was a downgrade for Infamous SS it was minor. Not saying it doesn't happen with Microsoft games as well because it does. You're in complete denial like most trolling cows on here, so I'm not surprised you don't believe the facts.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

For people that's goo gooing over that uncharted trailer really never played Ryse. You have to give the xbox1 one some credit the shaders, lighting, and AA also the highest DOF and motion blur in any console game until maybe uncharted or quatum break or homefront if you know how to use the possiblities are endless that's why ND kills every game they make they know the system.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lglz1337: so your proof is that I made a comment on someone else's statement about consoles having laptop CPUs? And what does that have to do with Uncharted 4? So I guess I'll have to keep waiting for actual evidence. About what I expected from a troll like you

Kiss my fist? Is that supposed to be a threat?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337: so your proof is that I made a comment on someone else's statement about consoles having laptop CPUs? And what does that have to do with Uncharted 4? So I guess I'll have to keep waiting for actual evidence. About what I expected from a troll like you

more like tablet CPUs lol but anyway what do you expect trying to reason with someone who is unreasonable and can barely form a sentence? Cows will never admit when wrong

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@SambaLele said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

why is this so incredulous?

it's not that hard to believe. look at what's happening, look at what's actually in the scene and the type of things that are happening.

that's not in game, that's a 'scripted' animation occurring in engine. look at what's on the screen, there's a few elements there but in terms of screen space it's mostly the model of his human head. now crudely, in your own brain just have a think - compare that workload to a 64 player game of battlefield 4.

doesn't it make sense that the ps4 could render that model, and those effects, that overall level of detail - in what's essentially a 3D animation? After all, that's not a dynamic scene where another player could fire a missle at Drake's face, that's basically a cutscene but taking place in a 3d game engine.

i bet you now, in real time gameplay, if you do the old trick of walking up close to a wall such that the camera positions with a very close view of drake's head/face, i bet you that in game - his face will look excellent (no homo). the technology is available to have a model that detailed, and to dynamically adjust the level of detail on things such as camera proximity to the model.

i'm mostly interested in the overall performance of 'gameplay'. wandering through the scene, shooting objects within the scene, observing the enemy movements, animations etc. here you've been presented with a 3d animation produced within a game engine.

So what? What matters is not how good the game looks in the end?

Are there other games out there right now that look as good even in cutscenes? Are there PC games with an in-engine cutscene that rival Drake's face on the sand? I don't know, I was watching Star Citizen videos here and really can't see a blatant superiority (it's of course better than anything X1 and PS4 have to offer right now, but not that UC4 scene). Of course when going back to gameplay the gfx won't be like that anymore, but won't that be the same for other games as well?

Anyway, it's still too soon to judge, we must see more of the game, from both more cutscenes (to know, for example, how many models they can fit in the screen with that quality, if they can render events like explosions and such at the same time while maintaining that quality) to at least some gameplay.

yeah, what matters is how good the game looks 'in the end', and by that i assume you mean the retail release.

i have seen some incredibly good in engine cutscenes which is partly why i don't find this so incredulous.

i certainly wouldn't award uncharted, or any game, any graphical acclaim for the graphics during an in-engine cutscene. i'm much more interested in how things look as you play, only when things are dynamic is it truly an interactive game scene. i wouldn't care if pc never had a cutscene exceeding the graphics of drake's face on the sand.

and yes it is too soon to judge, glad we've in agreement there.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Hermits have the right to be pissed. They thought that this was going to be the gen that PC truly gets to shine, yet even Star Citizen gets pounded inside out by Uncharted 4.

Problem is that ain't no devs making any games for the .0000001% of the gaming population that owns high end gaming rigs. This gen, just like last gen, PC will be tethered to the Xbox. With Xbone being a PoS and Microsoft demanding multiplat parity, devs will leave their graphical ambitions behind...along with any concern for teh master beta race...

Cry Moar Hermits you bet on the wrong horse.... Again.

nonsoville2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#264 nonsoville2
Member since 2006 • 4124 Posts

You know your game is fucking good when people are doubting it to be CGI. Congrats on reaching and always setting milestones Naughty Dog. I really urge anyone who hasn't played the Last of Us to give it a try. If you see TLOU running on the playstation3, I promise you wont even be doubting this. It's fucking Naughty Dogs man.. come on

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

hermits and lemmings on a massive meltdown!

they can't stand the fact that this trailer was in-engine, in-game, in real-time on a single PS4 @1080p60fps!

"Our U4 trailer is an in engine REAL GAME LEVEL running on a REAL PS4,Paolo.Our trailer doesn't look good enough to be prerender CGI!

https://twitter.com/Corrinne/status/476888680376717312

soak it up and cry!

best programmer in the world slaying hermits and lemmings!

Which Hermits are on meltdown ? All I see are Lems crying, we hermits don't care we're seen way better.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#266 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

why all the hype ? its just a tech demo, not gameplay,

its only a neat combination of a character in the front layer with all the hardware resources used to render this single character and a blured ps2 background

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#267  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

look what Naughty Dog did with 256mb of VRAM and 16 core GPU on the PS3.

and now with the ps4 they have 8gb of DDR5, 1200 cores, and 8 core CPU.

you better believe it now folks.

imo ps3 uncharted games looked like crap, great games, ive played u2 to the end, but with lame visuals compared to battlefield or crysis

with 1152 underclocked cores and a lame 6 tablet cores (available for games) on ps4 they wont do much

i wanna see a ingame scene with 5 people in it looking 10% as good as this

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@sam890 said:

@lglz1337 said:

they can't stand the fact that this trailer was in-engine, in-game, in real-time on a single PS4 @1080p60fps!

"Our U4 trailer is an in engine REAL GAME LEVEL running on a REAL PS4,Paolo.Our trailer doesn't look good enough to be prerender CGI!

soak it up and cry!

Which Hermits are on meltdown ? All I see are Lems crying, we hermits don't care we're seen way better.

The only people going crazy are sheep and lems both consolites. The master race just glances below at the peasants going crazy over 1080p. I have a ps4 but not for graphics for the exclusives. As for Naughty Gods only a idiot would refuse to give credit where credit is due. Last gen with only 512mb of split memory they proved how good they were. Last gen correct me if I am wrong they had the most awards.

Even Stevie Wonder could have seen that U4 was going to be a jump forward. I think sheep and lems are not mad but scared because the ps4 is improving at a pace other consoles can't match. I must say I was happy with nba2k 14 on my ps4 now that was a jump.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

That circlejerk.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Hermits be jelly. Still playing last gen trash and ipad ports.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@sam890 said:

@lglz1337 said:

soak it up and cry!

The only people going crazy are sheep and lems both consolites. The master race just glances below at the peasants going crazy over 1080p. I have a ps4 but not for graphics for the exclusives. As for Naughty Gods only a idiot would refuse to give credit where credit is due. Last gen with only 512mb of split memory they proved how good they were. Last gen correct me if I am wrong they had the most awards.

Even Stevie Wonder could have seen that U4 was going to be a jump forward. I think sheep and lems are not mad but scared because the ps4 is improving at a pace other consoles can't match. I must say I was happy with nba2k 14 on my ps4 now that was a jump.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#272 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Hermits have the right to be pissed. They thought that this was going to be the gen that PC truly gets to shine, yet even Star Citizen gets pounded inside out by Uncharted 4.

Problem is that ain't no devs making any games for the .0000001% of the gaming population that owns high end gaming rigs. This gen, just like last gen, PC will be tethered to the Xbox. With Xbone being a PoS and Microsoft demanding multiplat parity, devs will leave their graphical ambitions behind...along with any concern for teh master beta race...

Cry Moar Hermits you bet on the wrong horse.... Again.

couldn't have say it better.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#273  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

I'm gonna call it like it is: the Uncharted 4 trailer legitimately looked close to CGI. It's unquestionably going to be console graphics king when it's released, and most likely graphics king--period. The fact that ND is targeting 1080p/60 FPS as well is just mindblowing.

That being said, Naughty Dog has confirmed in the past that they've used stuff like eight PS3s to render the Uncharted 3 cutscenes. Still, the cutscenes in past Uncharted games look remarkably similar to gameplay, and so I don't expect gameplay of Uncharted 4 to look significantly worse than this trailer.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

These people are crazy

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

The only thing that changed here is yesterday we thought we saw a sick looking cut scene on a pc and today we think we see a sick looking cut scene on a ps4... how's the game play?

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 happyduds77

@TheEroica said:

The only thing that changed here is yesterday we thought we saw a sick looking cut scene on a pc and today we think we see a sick looking cut scene on a ps4... how's the game play?

In an interview they said they want to keep the fast paced action, but they also want to give the player choices like they did with The Last Of Us.

I'm expecting a mix of Uncharted 2 and The Last Of Us gameplay wise. It just got a reveal trailer so I don't think we will see any gameplay footage anytime soon.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

@happyduds77: @TheGuardian03: all sounds good to me. I'm happy the game is already showing the power of gen 8 too... I really hope they focus on tightening the gameplay and expanding some of those ideas of exploration, options and openness...

Avatar image for Sharp-Shooter89
Sharp-Shooter89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By Sharp-Shooter89
Member since 2012 • 128 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

This is why you do not believe trailers shown at E3, rekt

And this is why you should.

E3

Final game

Try harder next time.

OMG sometimes it turns out e3 is not deceptive at all, sometimes... sometimes....

im just pointing out do not get hyped about trailers or demo's at e3

Watch_dogs (MASSIVE downgrade)

Half-life 2 (slight downgrade)

Farcry 3 (noticeable downgrade if not massive)

Uncharted (showed you pictures)

Last of us (resolution and framerate nerf in final game, but graphics were the same)

halo 3 (downgrade)

Brothers in arms (EPIC NERF)

POOR QUALITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nndNT85Abyk

i cannot find a high quality footage for BIA HH however, i remember the textures being super sharp, such as scratches on helmet and detail in the unitform, when the game was finally released it looked "cartoony"

Loading Video...

Last of us at E3 was apparently running at 1080p and higher than 30 FPS, you can see the clarity on distant objects even on youtubes limited compressed 720p video, last of us did get a resolution and a fps downgrade, please go to the youtube link and change to 720p

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

Looks incredible.

Will be probably picking this up around launch.

Unfortunately, I didn't own a PS3 last generation and accordingly haven't played the earlier previous Uncharted. Are they still worth it?

I'm 99% on board, but I won't believe 100% until I see them actually playing the game with the HUD lol.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 CrownKingArthur
@darkangel115 said:

So basically its everything except in game. How many phrases will sony use to try and imply its in game when its not in game or they would just say its actual gameplay.

Look I know all companies do bullshots and show off builds that'll never be the final version to get attention, but sony takes it to a new level. I mean just yesterday some cow said how the dark sorcerer is a better game then anything MS has to offer, its not even a game. It was a tech demo.

I pointed out several times Sony promised 20 1st party games in the 1st year of the PS4, they didn't even deliver 10 and that's if you count the order as well that was supposedly going to be in that window. But cows tried arguing at first and fluffing up the list and then gave up when they realized that I was correct in saying they didn't come close to delivering.

I mean this is a company that said they didn't have rumble due to it being a "last gen feature" only to find out it was due to a lawsuit where they stole patents and they later added it in after it was sorted. A company that put a fake HUD on a CGI video for a game and claimed it was in game. Or the massive UC3 downgrade http://www.lazygamer.net/ps3/uncharted-3-looked-way-better-at-e3/ how about the Downgrades in TLOU? where ND said the AI was too good and that's why it went from people surviving to run right at a guy with a gun when you have a 2x4. A guy on GAF made a video that he changed to private because of harassment.

I'm not saying MS doesn't do bullshots, of course they do. all companies do. But they don't try and pass it off as in game using funny phrases. Sony takes it to a whole new level. Cows just think that sony's shit don't stink. guess what all gaming companies shit stinks. Thats the reality. and people who believe the stupid shit they try to tell us, are the reason we don't get accurate examples. The people that pick everything apart is why we got mostly trailers and no game play at E3.

not bad

and the proof is in the pudding, it is true that guerilla games had to apologise for incorrectly describing kzsf's mp as '1080p'.

and yes, i'm a firm believer in the smelling of game company feces.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@lostrib: You don't seem to know what in engine and real time mean.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Lol no it really doesn't.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By happyduds77

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

OMG sometimes it turns out e3 is not deceptive at all, sometimes... sometimes....

Last of us (resolution and framerate nerf in final game, but graphics were the same)

halo 3 (downgrade)

POOR QUALITY

i cannot find a high quality footage for BIA HH however, i remember the textures being super sharp, such as scratches on helmet and detail in the unitform, when the game was finally released it looked "cartoony"

Last of us at E3 was apparently running at 1080p and higher than 30 FPS, you can see the clarity on distant objects even on youtubes limited compressed 720p video, last of us did get a resolution and a fps downgrade, please go to the youtube link and change to 720p

No the Uncharted one is not a downgrade.

It doesn't even make sense to begin with, it's a pre-rendered cutscene they can make it look as good as they wanted to. But for some reason the character models look bad in that section of the game.

The rest of the game looks like this

Do you have the source to prove The Last Of Us e3 demo was running at better resolution and fps?

And the E3 version has washed out colors in that The Last Of Us comparison video.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

This is in-engine in real time also

No, it isn't

Digital Foundry vs. Ryse: Son of Rome

"Cut-scenes, however, are much more impressive to behold thanks to the use of performance capture.

Unfortunately, that brings us to another disappointment; Crytek's stated commitment to "real-time, all the time" goes unrealised in Ryse with the move to pre-rendered cut-scenes...we can't help feel disappointment in missing the opportunity to see these scenes play out in real-time."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-ryse-son-of-rome

Don't know how many times I have to tell lems this before they stop spamming pre-rendered Ryse Cutscenes. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Avatar image for Sharp-Shooter89
Sharp-Shooter89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Sharp-Shooter89
Member since 2012 • 128 Posts
@happyduds77 said:

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

halo 3 (downgrade)

POOR QUALITY

No the Uncharted one is not a downgrade.

It doesn't even make sense to begin with, it's a pre-rendered cutscene they can make it look as good as they wanted to. But for some reason the character models look bad in that section of the game.

The rest of the game looks like this

Do you have the source to prove The Last Of Us e3 demo was running at better resolution and fps?

And the E3 version has washed out colors in that The Last Of Us comparison video.

fair enough about the uncharted game, the source of the last of us is right in that video i just posted, its kinda hard to notice in motion because of youtubes shit quality all around, however if you pause the video at almost any part of the video 9/10 times you will see the e3 version clearer as if it was running higher then the 720p, some people in the comment section even notice it, as far as FPS its very hard to tell because youtube is capped at 30, but it seems that the e3 version is constant 30 wheras the final version seemed it was 24-27fps as its slightly choppier

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#287  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@lostrib said:

@bezza2011 said:

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin: I did read it. Just because it's generated in engine or for the game does not mean that is what it will look like during actual gameplay.

Corrinne even confirmed that it's in a level and that's how it looks, how can you not even believe a programmer who is working on the game, and it's naughty dog they are pretty straight to the point when it comes to things, if she says it's that good in game then i believe the creator.

I didn't say i didn't believe here. Just because it's from a level in the game, does not necessarily mean that is what the gameplay will look like

foir the top programmers on the PS4, I'm going to say that this will honestly be what it will look like, prime example is The Order 1886 cutscene to gameplay are exactly the same, they could that much out of it, that they didn't even need a video editor within the games to make CGI cutscenes, so a relatively new studio with no true track record, then I think Naughty Dog can improve upon that.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

So basically UC4's cutscene was rendered realtime at 1080p/60fps yet still looks better than Ryse cutscene that's pre-rendered running at 900p/24fps. What a humiliation lol.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

more like tablet CPUs lol but anyway what do you expect trying to reason with someone who is unreasonable and can barely form a sentence? Cows will never admit when wrong

That argument was demolish and you looked like a fool..hahahahaaa

@leandrro said:

why all the hype ? its just a tech demo, not gameplay,

its only a neat combination of a character in the front layer with all the hardware resources used to render this single character and a blured ps2 background

Is not a tech demo is from an in game level..

On a side note.

One key difference between Uncharted and Gears which were compare allot,was the attention to detail Uncharted has,for example in Uncharted 3 Drake hair even got wet if you came in contact with water and his cloths as well,something missing in Gears of war even that Uncharted also had better visuals,physics and animation.

I am sure they could accomplish great things with this new hardware what they did with the PS3 was incredible.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@happyduds77 said:

Remember the days when people said The Order 1886 e3 2013 trailer was CG?

Remember when the Order wasn't covered in fog and darkness in every video? Oh wait.

Oh so you have played the full game.

And by the way what's wrong with fog/steam it's a cool effect. Also the game is set in the industrial revolution it makes a lot of sense to have lots of steam floating around in the city.

And darkness really brings out the lighting, so what's your point?

I'm trying to tell that the level of graphical quality isn't really that impressive when you consider the sacrifices to tehr est of the world design to achieve it.

The Order 1886 looks great, yes, i wont' deny it. What i'm saying is that every. single. area and preview we've seen is a tiny "room" with almost no space to manouver around. The cutscene transition is superb, but, there's still tons of them to cut off continous gameplay. And like i said, even then, world is covered in fog and blackness to hide the detail in the distance, and upclose.

Crysis 3 is impressive because, despite being linear, it's areas are still large enough and expansive to move about, and the detial in the whole game shines. That's it's purpose.

So what i'm saying is, even if Drake's face as that level of detail, that doesn't mean the whole world will look like that if you zoom in. If you zoom in on games like Killzone, Ryse and Infamous SS, there's tons of pics showing the low polygon textures. And lets' not forget there's barely anything going on in The Order's setting besides a few npc's shooting at you.

Yes, the game isn't out yet, fair. But even now, i'm still waiitng for the game to show me expansive locations without cutting off into a cutscene. But enough about TO.

Oh, let's not forget the 60fps thing.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

@effec_tor: said no one ever. Take your crickets with you.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By lglz1337

wait what cutscenes in Ryse are pre-rendered ?

bahajahagagahaha lemmings!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By lglz1337

@lostrib: exactly why you shouldn't bring prove, people will twist things anyways!

atleast i know the real story and that counts!

and you should feel stupid!

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 CrownKingArthur

yeah that's pretty funny about ryse's cutscenes

they shouldn't have done that. distasteful, dirty behaviour.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 lglz1337

@gpuking: that's what we both said, high five.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/x1-has-already-shown-impressive-visuals-56k-31316623/?page=4

but lemmings wouldn't listen nooooo

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

wait what cutscenes in Ryse are pre-rendered ?

bahajahagagahaha lemmings!

You cows falling for Sony hype and bullshit as usual. What will you do when the game is released, downgraded and running at 800p with black bars for a cinematic feel and 30fps unlocked? Will you finally admit Sony is leading you on intentionally???

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#297 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

you kids learnt nothing from the kz2 supposed gameplay stuff at e3 05 did you???? hahahahha

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 lglz1337

@FoxbatAlpha: i don't have to worry about what you just said lemming!

signed Naughty Gods!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 lglz1337

@daveg1: salt is coming out your nose!

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#300 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

@lglz1337:

and tears from your eyes when the game releases nooblet..