U4: in-engine, in-game, in real-time, single PS4, 1080p60

#302 Edited by gpuking (3071 posts) -

@lglz1337

Yeah Lemmings have no way out this time, they are utterly defeated on every level imaginable.

#303 Posted by lostrib (41947 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: exactly why you shouldn't bring prove, people will twist things anyways!

atleast i know the real story and that counts!

and you should feel stupid!

why? You still havent proven anything

#304 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10892 posts) -

@kinectthedots: Already been discussed with the TC and I said my bad. What else ya want?

#305 Posted by darkangel115 (2185 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@darkangel115 said:

So basically its everything except in game. How many phrases will sony use to try and imply its in game when its not in game or they would just say its actual gameplay.

Look I know all companies do bullshots and show off builds that'll never be the final version to get attention, but sony takes it to a new level. I mean just yesterday some cow said how the dark sorcerer is a better game then anything MS has to offer, its not even a game. It was a tech demo.

I pointed out several times Sony promised 20 1st party games in the 1st year of the PS4, they didn't even deliver 10 and that's if you count the order as well that was supposedly going to be in that window. But cows tried arguing at first and fluffing up the list and then gave up when they realized that I was correct in saying they didn't come close to delivering.

I mean this is a company that said they didn't have rumble due to it being a "last gen feature" only to find out it was due to a lawsuit where they stole patents and they later added it in after it was sorted. A company that put a fake HUD on a CGI video for a game and claimed it was in game. Or the massive UC3 downgrade http://www.lazygamer.net/ps3/uncharted-3-looked-way-better-at-e3/ how about the Downgrades in TLOU? where ND said the AI was too good and that's why it went from people surviving to run right at a guy with a gun when you have a 2x4. A guy on GAF made a video that he changed to private because of harassment.

I'm not saying MS doesn't do bullshots, of course they do. all companies do. But they don't try and pass it off as in game using funny phrases. Sony takes it to a whole new level. Cows just think that sony's shit don't stink. guess what all gaming companies shit stinks. Thats the reality. and people who believe the stupid shit they try to tell us, are the reason we don't get accurate examples. The people that pick everything apart is why we got mostly trailers and no game play at E3.

not bad

and the proof is in the pudding, it is true that guerilla games had to apologise for incorrectly describing kzsf's mp as '1080p'.

and yes, i'm a firm believer in the smelling of game company feces.

and the worse part was that it was GG that felt bad and came forward and told the truth. Sony was too busy bragging about 1080p and 60fps for 2-3 months and GG finally stepped up and admitted it didn't render in 1080p. Not only that but DF which everyone loves to use here for a source completely messed it up and said that it runs in 1080p So you have to question their ability. And its not the first time they were off either.

#306 Posted by CTR360 (7372 posts) -

@CyberLips said:

Thank you Naughty GODS

same here thanks naughty dog and PS4

#308 Posted by parkurtommo (27647 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Naughty Dog and the ICE team are gods.

They really rendered Oberyn quite well!

#309 Posted by lglz1337 (4074 posts) -

even that fly has more polys than the best looking pc and XposBone game!

#310 Posted by scatteh316 (5021 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Hermits be jelly. Still playing last gen trash and ipad ports.

Hows the Project Cars? The Witcher? GTA? Battlefield?

Enjoying the PC scraps while your consoles have nothing?

#311 Posted by scatteh316 (5021 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

even that fly has more polys than the best looking pc and XposBone game!

Are you on something?

#313 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

First is trailer, second is ingame.

and now:

ND has told every time that its all ingame(CGI but not gameplay).

SO THERE YOU GO. ITS ALL FAKE

#314 Posted by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

even that fly has more polys than the best looking pc and XposBone game!

even that fly has more brains than you

@FreedomFreeLife said:

First is trailer, second is ingame.

and now:

ND has told every time that its all ingame(CGI but not gameplay).

SO THERE YOU GO. ITS ALL FAKE

Created a topic with this,got locked.

This is going to end well,lulz

#315 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Well people lock thread because truth hurts too much. People even kill when truth hurt too much.

People wants to live in world where is no truth but your own fake mind and dreams. PS4 fanboys says that PS4 is more powerful than PC gamers PCs... and even i made poll and poll won 78% on PS4 than PC. So yeah, fanboys are worst.

Im just realist but fanboys are worst. You one of the worst STALKERS ever

#316 Edited by lglz1337 (4074 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: just like your thread ? huh

just like MOD told youyou proved nothing

#317 Posted by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX: Well people lock thread because truth hurts too much. People even kill when truth hurt too much.

People wants to live in world where is no truth but your own fake mind and dreams. PS4 fanboys says that PS4 is more powerful than PC gamers PCs... and even i made poll and poll won 78% on PS4 than PC. So yeah, fanboys are worst.

Im just realist but fanboys are worst. You one of the worst STALKERS ever

Funny you mention fanboys,how ironic.

#318 Posted by lglz1337 (4074 posts) -

@MonsieurX: prove it ?

#319 Posted by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: prove it ?

It's common knowledge.

Sucks for you if you weren't aware.

#320 Posted by lglz1337 (4074 posts) -

@MonsieurX: you using common knowledge the wrong way sir

#321 Posted by hoosier7 (3953 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: Have you not read the OP? Yeh we all know this but the trailers were all prerendered for the previous UC games but there's no evidence of that this time round. A couple of sites have done some analysis and come to the conclusion that it's real time but of course you know better don't you? Also why are you comparing parts of the trailer from cutscenes to the gameplay and not directly to it's corresponding scene in the game? All the shots from the trailer you showed look like the cutscenes you get in the game.

"We've studied the video in a little more depth and have concluded that it's definitely running at native 1080p resolution (as opposed to being rendered at a very high resolution, then scaled down - a process known as super-sampling). Small clipping anomalies, a touch of specular aliasing on Nate's shirt as he sits up, along with some shadow aliasing on his forehead also suggest a real-time render. On the face of it, we're still looking at some pretty incredible anti-aliasing here for a real-time technique on a game running at 60fps, particularly when it comes to theperfect, artefact-free rendering of Nate's hair - but the combination of the low contrast setting, slow camera movement, motion blur and depth of field would work well generally in making aliasing much less of an issue."

#322 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@FreedomFreeLife: Have you not read the OP? Yeh we all know this but the trailers were all prerendered for the previous UC games but there's no evidence of that this time round. A couple of sites have done some analysis and come to the conclusion that it's real time but of course you know better don't you? Also why are you comparing parts of the trailer from cutscenes to the gameplay and not directly to it's corresponding scene in the game? All the shots from the trailer you showed look like the cutscenes you get in the game.

"We've studied the video in a little more depth and have concluded that it's definitely running at native 1080p resolution (as opposed to being rendered at a very high resolution, then scaled down - a process known as super-sampling). Small clipping anomalies, a touch of specular aliasing on Nate's shirt as he sits up, along with some shadow aliasing on his forehead also suggest a real-time render. On the face of it, we're still looking at some pretty incredible anti-aliasing here for a real-time technique on a game running at 60fps, particularly when it comes to theperfect, artefact-free rendering of Nate's hair - but the combination of the low contrast setting, slow camera movement, motion blur and depth of field would work well generally in making aliasing much less of an issue."

Are you even reading? They said Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 was also real time, and we all know what happend with that? Oh... real time was also with Last of Us... but real fact is that it never happened.

3 out of 3 games they said its real time but when we playing then it is not real time gameplay. So, 3 time row lies.

#323 Posted by lostrib (41947 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX: Well people lock thread because truth hurts too much. People even kill when truth hurt too much.

People wants to live in world where is no truth but your own fake mind and dreams. PS4 fanboys says that PS4 is more powerful than PC gamers PCs... and even i made poll and poll won 78% on PS4 than PC. So yeah, fanboys are worst.

Im just realist but fanboys are worst. You one of the worst STALKERS ever

I don't think you've ever posted something that was actually true, or at least, not heavily manipulated/biased towards your point of view.

#324 Edited by sts106mat (20399 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@lglz1337 said:

even that fly has more polys than the best looking pc and XposBone game!

Are you on something?

yep, he is on sony's nuts

#325 Edited by displayy (31 posts) -

E3 TRAILER....cinematic

RETAIL VERSION - IN-GAME

Sure there's a difference....but far from a shocking one...And considering this game is on PS3 ! ....In other words a 2006 console !!!!;.....It's very impressive.

#326 Edited by displayy (31 posts) -

Uncharted 4 Lead Programmer: "Goal Is to Make the Game Look Better than the Trailer"

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/12/uncharted-4-lead-programmer-really-loves-ps4-goal-is-to-make-the-game-look-better-than-the-trailer/

#327 Posted by hoosier7 (3953 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FreedomFreeLife: Have you not read the OP? Yeh we all know this but the trailers were all prerendered for the previous UC games but there's no evidence of that this time round. A couple of sites have done some analysis and come to the conclusion that it's real time but of course you know better don't you? Also why are you comparing parts of the trailer from cutscenes to the gameplay and not directly to it's corresponding scene in the game? All the shots from the trailer you showed look like the cutscenes you get in the game.

"We've studied the video in a little more depth and have concluded that it's definitely running at native 1080p resolution (as opposed to being rendered at a very high resolution, then scaled down - a process known as super-sampling). Small clipping anomalies, a touch of specular aliasing on Nate's shirt as he sits up, along with some shadow aliasing on his forehead also suggest a real-time render. On the face of it, we're still looking at some pretty incredible anti-aliasing here for a real-time technique on a game running at 60fps, particularly when it comes to theperfect, artefact-free rendering of Nate's hair - but the combination of the low contrast setting, slow camera movement, motion blur and depth of field would work well generally in making aliasing much less of an issue."

Are you even reading? They said Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 was also real time, and we all know what happend with that? Oh... real time was also with Last of Us... but real fact is that it never happened.

3 out of 3 games they said its real time but when we playing then it is not real time gameplay. So, 3 time row lies.

Why are you ignoring this bit?

#328 Posted by Gue1 (11178 posts) -

@displayy said:

Uncharted 4 Lead Programmer: "Goal Is to Make the Game Look Better than the Trailer"

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/12/uncharted-4-lead-programmer-really-loves-ps4-goal-is-to-make-the-game-look-better-than-the-trailer/

OH SHIT!

#329 Posted by SambaLele (5528 posts) -

@displayy said:

E3 TRAILER....cinematic

RETAIL VERSION - IN-GAME

Sure there's a difference....but far from a shocking one...And considering this game is on PS3 ! ....In other words a 2006 console !!!!;.....It's very impressive.

Wow, never played the game, maybe it's worth a try.

#330 Edited by SambaLele (5528 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@SambaLele said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

why is this so incredulous?

it's not that hard to believe. look at what's happening, look at what's actually in the scene and the type of things that are happening.

that's not in game, that's a 'scripted' animation occurring in engine. look at what's on the screen, there's a few elements there but in terms of screen space it's mostly the model of his human head. now crudely, in your own brain just have a think - compare that workload to a 64 player game of battlefield 4.

doesn't it make sense that the ps4 could render that model, and those effects, that overall level of detail - in what's essentially a 3D animation? After all, that's not a dynamic scene where another player could fire a missle at Drake's face, that's basically a cutscene but taking place in a 3d game engine.

i bet you now, in real time gameplay, if you do the old trick of walking up close to a wall such that the camera positions with a very close view of drake's head/face, i bet you that in game - his face will look excellent (no homo). the technology is available to have a model that detailed, and to dynamically adjust the level of detail on things such as camera proximity to the model.

i'm mostly interested in the overall performance of 'gameplay'. wandering through the scene, shooting objects within the scene, observing the enemy movements, animations etc. here you've been presented with a 3d animation produced within a game engine.

So what? What matters is not how good the game looks in the end?

Are there other games out there right now that look as good even in cutscenes? Are there PC games with an in-engine cutscene that rival Drake's face on the sand? I don't know, I was watching Star Citizen videos here and really can't see a blatant superiority (it's of course better than anything X1 and PS4 have to offer right now, but not that UC4 scene). Of course when going back to gameplay the gfx won't be like that anymore, but won't that be the same for other games as well?

Anyway, it's still too soon to judge, we must see more of the game, from both more cutscenes (to know, for example, how many models they can fit in the screen with that quality, if they can render events like explosions and such at the same time while maintaining that quality) to at least some gameplay.

yeah, what matters is how good the game looks 'in the end', and by that i assume you mean the retail release.

i have seen some incredibly good in engine cutscenes which is partly why i don't find this so incredulous.

i certainly wouldn't award uncharted, or any game, any graphical acclaim for the graphics during an in-engine cutscene. i'm much more interested in how things look as you play, only when things are dynamic is it truly an interactive game scene. i wouldn't care if pc never had a cutscene exceeding the graphics of drake's face on the sand.

and yes it is too soon to judge, glad we've in agreement there.

Glad we agreed there.

But what I meant with "what matters is how good the game looks in the end" is that it doesn't matter what kind of techniques, filters, etc. are being used, if the graphics are great. In an in-engine cuts-scene, and not a CGI pre-render to allow a seamless transit to gameplay, even if in the process there's a downgrade to gameplay graphics... there's a reason for going that way I think, and it's probably to tie gameplay to story-centeres scenes (not action ones) like that. The same goes to gameplay graphics... even if it's technically just "ok" but manages an impressive result, that's good.

If it ends in a great experience, great graphics, that's... great. That's what I mean. I don't care if they are using MSAA, TXAA, FSAA, or whatever, what they do to make textures or character models look good, etc... That's what I meant with that. And that's why I made the Star Citizen comparison: in a comparison of "in-engine cutscenes" UC4 seems to me as a victor. It may be a short lived "victory" (and most certainly it is) but it is what it is.

#331 Edited by supergokublitz (544 posts) -

People seem to be suggesting that the UC4 in-engine cut scene is not capable on a high end PC gpu say a (titan or 290x) ?

#332 Edited by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

First is trailer, second is ingame.

and now:

ND has told every time that its all ingame(CGI but not gameplay).

SO THERE YOU GO. ITS ALL FAKE

I really don't understand what you're trying to prove here.

First off they were clear about those being pre-rendered cutscenes, but they're not doing pre-rendered cutscenes anymore starting with Uncharted 4. Secondly that is a really bad comparison. Some of those pics are compressed youtube shots and the lighting is not even the same.

I am gonna edit your post to make an actual comparison

#333 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Naughty Dogs are awarded for their amazing work on a 2006 peice of hardware and making it look and play great and win Game of the Year awards for it.

Best graphics so far seen on a Next Gen Console. Enough to make most PC gamers happy to play.
They are acknowledged by the gaming industry and top developers.
Am sure they will 'up' next gen gaming with Uncharted 4.

lol at the haters and trying to be PC graphic masters?
This game is ALSO for gamers and graphics ethusiast that play on a console as well as a PC.
Drake and the gang are going next gen!

#334 Posted by gpuking (3071 posts) -

Just because there's a slight visual discrepancy for the PS3 games doesn't mean PS4 games should be the same. In fact ND has gone on record saying all their cutscenes will be realtime in their PS4 project.

#335 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (560 posts) -

Does it include realtime physics, lighting and A.I.?...oh, see that's a big difference right there. Resolution and frame rate concessions will result. To say an entire trailer is running in realtime doesn't say anything actually other than the obvious that it's a scripted scene. It's akin to watching the Crysis 3 frog demo despite the fact that nothing in the actual game was that detailed. Even the PS3 can do some pretty amazing scripted scenes.

I say from my experience that it will be 900p/30fps. Scripted A.I., linear level design, possibly semi open and many big words thrown around by the developers for marketing sake. It won't look like the E3 trailer like Watchdogs didn't and everyone will complain about that fact but it will probably be a very good game nonetheless.

#336 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

@pimphand_gamer said:

Does it include realtime physics, lighting and A.I.?...oh, see that's a big difference right there. Resolution and frame rate concessions will result. To say an entire trailer is running in realtime doesn't say anything actually other than the obvious that it's a scripted scene. It's akin to watching the Crysis 3 frog demo despite the fact that nothing in the actual game was that detailed. Even the PS3 can do some pretty amazing scripted scenes.

I say from my experience that it will be 900p/30fps. Scripted A.I., linear level design, possibly semi open and many big words thrown around by the developers for marketing sake. It won't look like the E3 trailer like Watchdogs didn't and everyone will complain about that fact but it will probably be a very good game nonetheless.

They said it's an actual level in the game. So I am guessing yes.

If everything they said about this game is false I will be the first one to say Naughty Dog are the biggest liars in the industry.

#337 Posted by misterpmedia (4330 posts) -

@blackace said:

Not saying it doesn't happen with Microsoft games as well because it does.

that's refreshing, coming from a mantilem.

#338 Edited by tdkmillsy (1671 posts) -

There's a lot of evidence that the game will have a downgrade or at least look worse when actually controlling the character.

But you know what, I hope its as good as they show. The graphical difference between Xbox One and PS4 is 900p / 1080p. So if they can get games like this on both consoles perhaps with a small resolution difference I'm down with that. Ryse already shows the Xbox One can perform and that's a launch title. Unfortunately I think if you do want that level throughout a game you going to need a PC.

#339 Edited by displayy (31 posts) -

When you see games that look like this....In-game...in real time....

Loading Video...

Is it really far fetched to believe that naughty dog can do better ? (or at least on par)...

when they were able to pull this off...On a 2006 console...

Loading Video...

#340 Posted by Scipio8 (798 posts) -

Howmany times do cows fall for this sh** lol,

#341 Edited by scatteh316 (5021 posts) -

What The Order and Uncharted 4 really look like on cows PS4's

#342 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Howmany times do cows fall for this sh** lol,

Powwa of da clowd

#343 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (560 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

@pimphand_gamer said:

Does it include realtime physics, lighting and A.I.?...oh, see that's a big difference right there. Resolution and frame rate concessions will result. To say an entire trailer is running in realtime doesn't say anything actually other than the obvious that it's a scripted scene. It's akin to watching the Crysis 3 frog demo despite the fact that nothing in the actual game was that detailed. Even the PS3 can do some pretty amazing scripted scenes.

I say from my experience that it will be 900p/30fps. Scripted A.I., linear level design, possibly semi open and many big words thrown around by the developers for marketing sake. It won't look like the E3 trailer like Watchdogs didn't and everyone will complain about that fact but it will probably be a very good game nonetheless.

They said it's an actual level in the game. So I am guessing yes.

If everything they said about this game is false I will be the first one to say Naughty Dog are the biggest liars in the industry.

Yes but what I'm saying is if everything is scripted or made so just for that trailer then there may very well be a big difference for the retail version. For example, you can script fake physics, like something can fall over but not in realtime. They may have faked everything just to make that scene look so good. Also they could be using a development kit that has more powerful hardware to show off some AA/resolution..etc.

It happens a lot for E3 demonstrations. UE4 is certainly a very nice engine but what we actually end up getting in a retail game will vary depending on the work load that's being done. On PC's we might see some more impressive features being utilized but considering what we have been seeing so far, I'm not too optimistic about any UE4 game looking that good without being very linear and heavily scripted on console or at least not without some pretty serious concessions like lower resolution or using more blurry textures or some other method to keep the frames up.

#344 Posted by Phreek300 (224 posts) -

The game will not look like that with all things being rendered on screen at once. The more things on screen the less detail can be assigned to one element. That is not to say that this trailer doesn't look amazing because it does. It just is not going to have the same level of detail when playing the game. I still think it will have amazing graphics based on the hardware that is running it.

#345 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2619 posts) -

@tdkmillsy: lol no you are wrong the difference between ps4 & xb1 is not 1080p/900p , the difference is more like ps4 running at higher resolution then xb1 with also some better effects in certain areas with same frame rate

#346 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

@pimphand_gamer said:

@happyduds77 said:

@pimphand_gamer said:

Does it include realtime physics, lighting and A.I.?...oh, see that's a big difference right there. Resolution and frame rate concessions will result. To say an entire trailer is running in realtime doesn't say anything actually other than the obvious that it's a scripted scene. It's akin to watching the Crysis 3 frog demo despite the fact that nothing in the actual game was that detailed. Even the PS3 can do some pretty amazing scripted scenes.

I say from my experience that it will be 900p/30fps. Scripted A.I., linear level design, possibly semi open and many big words thrown around by the developers for marketing sake. It won't look like the E3 trailer like Watchdogs didn't and everyone will complain about that fact but it will probably be a very good game nonetheless.

They said it's an actual level in the game. So I am guessing yes.

If everything they said about this game is false I will be the first one to say Naughty Dog are the biggest liars in the industry.

Yes but what I'm saying is if everything is scripted or made so just for that trailer then there may very well be a big difference for the retail version. For example, you can script fake physics, like something can fall over but not in realtime. They may have faked everything just to make that scene look so good. Also they could be using a development kit that has more powerful hardware to show off some AA/resolution..etc.

It happens a lot for E3 demonstrations. UE4 is certainly a very nice engine but what we actually end up getting in a retail game will vary depending on the work load that's being done. On PC's we might see some more impressive features being utilized but considering what we have been seeing so far, I'm not too optimistic about any UE4 game looking that good without being very linear and heavily scripted on console or at least not without some pretty serious concessions like lower resolution or using more blurry textures or some other method to keep the frames up.

Oh that I agree. Water dripping from Drake's nose, and his subtle movement on his face is not done in real time. It looks all too scripted.

And are you implying that Naughty Dog uses Unreal Engine 4 for their games, because they don't.

#347 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

@scatteh316: You can say the same thing about any unreleased games. What the hell is your point?

#348 Edited by ButDuuude (563 posts) -

If you've played Uncharted you know that cutscenes and gameplay look the same, but I don't believe Uncharted 4 looks that good until I see gameplay videos or play it myself.

Uncharted 2:

Loading Video...

Uncharted 3:

Loading Video...

#349 Edited by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

@ButDuuude: Actually they touch it up a little bit.

Cutscene

In-game

It's pretty close, but not identical.

#350 Posted by danjammer69 (4140 posts) -

All the people doubting that the game will look anything like this during actual game play need to think back to UC 1-3.

Remember how good ND was at blending the cut scene near seamlessly into the game play? I remember during parts of Uncharted where a cut scene would end and the game play would take over, yet I was sure I was still watching the cut scene.

Of course it will not be a 1-1 match, but I really think ND are capable of getting the actual game play portions of UC4 incredibly close to the same quality we see in that trailer.