U4: in-engine, in-game, in real-time, single PS4, 1080p60

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@misterpmedia Lies.

http://news.yahoo.com/sony-shamed-lying-playstation-4-owners-164047780.html

Native full HD 1080p gaming was one of the many promises of Sony’s new PlayStation 4 console and in many instances, it will deliver. A recent report revealed that one popular game that was being touted as “a 1080p 60 FPS monster” hasn’t delivered on its promise, however, and gamers are now lashing out as a result.

Last November ahead of the title’s release, Sony wrote in a blog post that Killzone Shadow fall features a “competitive multiplayer mode” that supports up to 24 players and “runs at native 1080p and 60 fps.” As it turns out, this couldn’t be further from the truth.

In single player mode, Killzone Shadow Fall runs at a full 1080p. In multiplayer mode, however, the native resolution drops significantly in order to bump the frame rate from 30 fps to near 60 fps.

DriveClub was supposed to be a free launch game. They knew damn well that game wasn't even close to making that window. They still hyped it to get console preorders though, didn't they?

What about this gem? http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/ And I am sure you are aware of their TOS that clearly states Disc Based DRM.

This is just the most recent lies. Don't even get me started on the PS3 world of truth.

displayy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#202 displayy
Member since 2014 • 31 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@displayy: You know the best thing I'm looking forward to really is, as this is the last Uncharted, I really wanna know what the next new IP will be.

All i know is that it's supposed to be a sci-fi game...(and they're also planning to produce a sequel to the Last of Us)

Avatar image for deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
Member since 2003 • 666 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

TRAILER:

GAMEPLAY:

lock this thread!!!

Looks the same if you ask me(apart from the obvious anti-aliasing on the first pic) just different lighting.

That looks the same ? Come on ..

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@happyduds77 said:

Remember the days when people said The Order 1886 e3 2013 trailer was CG?

Remember when the Order wasn't covered in fog and darkness in every video? Oh wait.

Oh so you have played the full game.

And by the way what's wrong with fog/steam it's a cool effect. Also the game is set in the industrial revolution it makes a lot of sense to have lots of steam floating around in the city.

And darkness really brings out the lighting, so what's your point?

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

why is this so incredulous?

it's not that hard to believe. look at what's happening, look at what's actually in the scene and the type of things that are happening.

that's not in game, that's a 'scripted' animation occurring in engine. look at what's on the screen, there's a few elements there but in terms of screen space it's mostly the model of his human head. now crudely, in your own brain just have a think - compare that workload to a 64 player game of battlefield 4.

doesn't it make sense that the ps4 could render that model, and those effects, that overall level of detail - in what's essentially a 3D animation? After all, that's not a dynamic scene where another player could fire a missle at Drake's face, that's basically a cutscene but taking place in a 3d game engine.

i bet you now, in real time gameplay, if you do the old trick of walking up close to a wall such that the camera positions with a very close view of drake's head/face, i bet you that in game - his face will look excellent (no homo). the technology is available to have a model that detailed, and to dynamically adjust the level of detail on things such as camera proximity to the model.

i'm mostly interested in the overall performance of 'gameplay'. wandering through the scene, shooting objects within the scene, observing the enemy movements, animations etc. here you've been presented with a 3d animation produced within a game engine.

So what? What matters is not how good the game looks in the end?

Are there other games out there right now that look as good even in cutscenes? Are there PC games with an in-engine cutscene that rival Drake's face on the sand? I don't know, I was watching Star Citizen videos here and really can't see a blatant superiority (it's of course better than anything X1 and PS4 have to offer right now, but not that UC4 scene). Of course when going back to gameplay the gfx won't be like that anymore, but won't that be the same for other games as well?

Anyway, it's still too soon to judge, we must see more of the game, from bothmore cutscenes (to know, for example, how many models they can fit in the screen with that quality, if they can render events like explosions and such at the same time while maintaining that quality) to at least some gameplay.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#206 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@displayy said:

@bezza2011 said:

@displayy: You know the best thing I'm looking forward to really is, as this is the last Uncharted, I really wanna know what the next new IP will be.

All i know is that it's supposed to be a sci-fi game...(and they're also planning to produce a sequel to the Last of Us)

If it is, then that will be a very exciting thing cannot wait.

@ttboy said:

@happyduds77 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

TRAILER:

GAMEPLAY:

lock this thread!!!

Looks the same if you ask me(apart from the obvious anti-aliasing on the first pic) just different lighting.

That looks the same ? Come on ..

I agree looks the same, How can you compare a sun shining desert to a city picture, completely different settings, there are no things you can say, Naughty Dog developers and programmers and artists and everything are absolutely amazing, 1 or 2 people don't make up the team like alot of people think with the exit of Amy and that other guy who's name has slipped my mind, yes they were good but at the same time so are the rest of the team. that Uncharted 4 teaser trailer has been confirmed by Corrinne Yu herself that it was a Level in the game and that is the gameplay graphics, there is no difference between the cutscene's and the gameplay, just like The Order 1886 doesn't need a video editor it's all gameplay graphics.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#208  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@misterpmedia: I'd keep those video on your PC so we can compare them to the released game when it's done. Almost every Sony game gets downgraded before it gets released. It happened to TLOU, KZ:SF, Drive Club, etc.. So we'll wait for the finished product. These systems are just getting warmed up. More games with better graphics are on the way.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#209 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@lostrib said:

@seanmcloughlin: I did read it. Just because it's generated in engine or for the game does not mean that is what it will look like during actual gameplay.

Corrinne even confirmed that it's in a level and that's how it looks, how can you not even believe a programmer who is working on the game, and it's naughty dog they are pretty straight to the point when it comes to things, if she says it's that good in game then i believe the creator.

I didn't say i didn't believe here. Just because it's from a level in the game, does not necessarily mean that is what the gameplay will look like

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@FastRobby: almost bahahahhahahahahahhahahahajahahhahahahahahahhahHahahh!!!!!!!!

this is some hilarious shit right there!

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

Many people here are comparing ps3's relative weak hardware and say that no similarly powerful pc could keep up. While this is true, one have to keep in mind that ps3's cell processor aided the gpu. So a direct comparasion to a geforce 7800 is not entirely fair.
A game console will almost always have an advantage over a similarly powerful pc when games are coded specifically for the console. But compared to a pc with twice the power and a game console has no chance whatsoever. For example a Core2 duo and a geforce 8800gt can run Crysis Warhead at 1280x1024 (hinger resolution than most ps3 games) at "gamer" settings at 30-45fps with a few drops into the high 20's. And there is nothing on the ps3 that can compete Crysis Warhead at gamer (second highest) settings.

A pc that is twice as powerful as the ps4 is not overly expensive, sure it costs much more than the ps4, probably around $1000, but you have to way in that you have free online and cheaper games and it sure is more capable.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By lostrib

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

this is amazing dat denial!

I'm not denying anything, I'm just asking for you to show where I was proven wrong

I'm a scientist so being wrong is nothing new, but I would like to know exactly what I was wrong about

still waiting

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

This is in-engine in real time also

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 lglz1337

@lostrib: man stfu you know exactly what i mean!

wasn't it you with your crap laptop cpu bullcrap in the past? thought so!

now stfu and listen to ND

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@RR360DD said:

You'd think cows would know not to fall for this by now after the huge bashing they gave Halo 3 after its 'in engine' reveal trailer.

exactly what im thinking,but lets just wait and see how this plays out. I expect a downgrade,but im sure the game will still look amazing

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By lglz1337

@chikenfriedrice: not even close mister 900p 25fps

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#217  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

The next time somebody mentions 1080p/60FPS like it's a fucking technical marvel they should be slapped with a dirty diaper.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 lawlessx

@heretrix said:

The next time somebody mentions 1080p/60FPS like it's a fucking technical marvel should be slapped with a dirty diaper.

just wait until consoles get real mod support..this place will go nuts.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#219 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

"I could make a $100 low-end pc that will kick the ass of the PS4." -Master Race

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Oh look a sony owned studio lying.

Didn't they say the exact same thing about the ps3 it was a dream to work on, and it was real time rendering on uncharted 1-3? when this was proven false that during cinematics nearly every thing from AI, too surrounding objects within a certain distances weren't loaded, and were pre rendered?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 lostrib

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: man stfu you know exactly what i mean!

wasn't it you with your crap laptop cpu bullcrap in the past? thought so!

now stfu and listen to ND

Dude, I rarely know what you mean

And no, as far as I remember I did not indulge in the "laptop cpu" to any significant amount (although I have no idea what that has to do with PS4)

So once again, how was I proven wrong?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By lostrib

@Gue1 said:

"I could make a $100 low-end pc that will kick the ass of the PS4." -Master Race

which was never said by anyone

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#224  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@heretrix said:

The next time somebody mentions 1080p/60FPS like it's a fucking technical marvel should be slapped with a dirty diaper.

Yeah, I know. Right now it means nothing but as soon as a console gets it, it's innovative.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Gue1 said:

which was never said by anyone

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@lglz1337 said:

@chikenfriedrice: not even close mister 900p 25fps

Ehh kinda close and this is a launch game, since we judge graphics this way now :)

Those teeth!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 lawlessx
@heretrix said:

@lawlessx said:

@heretrix said:

Yeah, I know. Right now it means nothing but as soon as a console gets it, it's innovative.

And if sony supports it first they will be praised as leaders of industry bringing us to the future of usercreated content

oh how i can't wait

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#228 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Looks freakin amazing graphically. I'll be happy to have this one on my PS4 harddrive!

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia: Almost every Sony game gets downgraded before it gets released.

False.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Gue1

since we already know the game's gonna be as linear as the prior ones and probably the last game in the series too that at the very least we get some mindblowing set-pieces like the Cargo Ship on Uncharted 3. Now that's the most impressive thing I ever seen in a video game.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

pre-rendered. Confirmed by DF anal.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 chikenfriedrice

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

pre-rendered. Confirmed by DF anal.

What does anal have to do have to do with it

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Targeting 60fps and 60fps. Might be two separate things. Just a heads up.

Don't set yourselves up for Drive Club ownage?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

everything if you ask nicely.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By lglz1337

@b4x: another desperate lemming comparing evolution with ND+team ICE!

ohh and drive club shits on forza horizon 2

go on lemming spit the salt

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

So basically its everything except in game. How many phrases will sony use to try and imply its in game when its not in game or they would just say its actual gameplay.

Look I know all companies do bullshots and show off builds that'll never be the final version to get attention, but sony takes it to a new level. I mean just yesterday some cow said how the dark sorcerer is a better game then anything MS has to offer, its not even a game. It was a tech demo.

I pointed out several times Sony promised 20 1st party games in the 1st year of the PS4, they didn't even deliver 10 and that's if you count the order as well that was supposedly going to be in that window. But cows tried arguing at first and fluffing up the list and then gave up when they realized that I was correct in saying they didn't come close to delivering.

I mean this is a company that said they didn't have rumble due to it being a "last gen feature" only to find out it was due to a lawsuit where they stole patents and they later added it in after it was sorted. A company that put a fake HUD on a CGI video for a game and claimed it was in game. Or the massive UC3 downgrade http://www.lazygamer.net/ps3/uncharted-3-looked-way-better-at-e3/ how about the Downgrades in TLOU? where ND said the AI was too good and that's why it went from people surviving to run right at a guy with a gun when you have a 2x4. A guy on GAF made a video that he changed to private because of harassment.

I'm not saying MS doesn't do bullshots, of course they do. all companies do. But they don't try and pass it off as in game using funny phrases. Sony takes it to a whole new level. Cows just think that sony's shit don't stink. guess what all gaming companies shit stinks. Thats the reality. and people who believe the stupid shit they try to tell us, are the reason we don't get accurate examples. The people that pick everything apart is why we got mostly trailers and no game play at E3.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 lostrib

@lglz1337: still waiting on that proof

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 chikenfriedrice

@misterpmedia said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

everything if you ask nicely.

Horrible....you are right though about Ryse.....I just read the article...my bad.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By lglz1337

@lostrib: back off!

already delivered!

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By B4X

@lglz1337 said:

@b4x: another desperate lemming comparing evolution with ND+team ICE!

ohh and drive club shits on forza horizon 2

go on lemming spit the salt

Then take my bet. Arcade ally-simulating fanboy.

Do it. Do it NOWWWW!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Gue1

@xhawk27 said:

So Uncharted 4 is using the Unreal 4 engine?

no. They are using the same Engine they built from the ground up for the PS3.

@cfisher2833 said:

God are there a lot of morons in this thread.

1. In engine =/= in-game, real-time

2. Naughty Dog is not composed of ancient wise men with freakishly amazing coding talent that no one else in the industry has access to. They couldn't keep their last game at a fucking stable 30fps. Some gods!! Not to mention, the Last of Us looked like garbage. Terrible image quality, low res textures everywhere, jaggies, piss filters, just ugh...ugly as hell. Maybe it was enough to impress the idiots at IGN, but for people that are actually used to good looking games, it looked atrocious.

3. If you seriously think they're gonna pull off that level of IQ with that level of AA at a stable 60fps...you're a fucking idiot. Now, remove the high quality AA, tone down the ambient occlusion and other minor yet costly visual effects, make the environments confined enough ala the Order, and yeah, I can see it pulling off close to 60fps. The fact that the Order needs to run with black bars at 30fps while utilizing 4XMSAA (the kind of AA you would need for that level of image quality) should tell you something.

2. they do. They have Corrine Yu and are developing exclusively for the most powerful current gen consoles. As hyperbolic as this sounds it's all true. And Uncharted games have always had rock-solid frame-rate, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Go read some Digital Foundry. And their online even though it was running on P2P server the latency was some of the lowest in all the last gen games including dedicated servers. Some kind of wizardry they must be using to achieve all this stuff.

"Last of Us looked like garbage. Terrible image quality"

^ Oh lordy, GTFO!

3. Some of what you say here might turn out true but Naughty Gods are the Naughty Gods, the least we can expect is one of the best looking games of the generation either way.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

DriveClub was always 30 FPS, Evolution only said they would look in to it. UC4 is already running at 60 FPS, so unless things change the full game should be running at 60 FPS as well. If Naughty Dog didnt think they could do 60 FPS, they would't even bother with it, and the game would be 30 FPS since the start.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 lostrib

@lglz1337 said:

already delivered!

Or what?

you didn't deliver anything. still waiting

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 lglz1337

@lostrib: stay safe!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 lostrib

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: stay safe!

still waiting for that proof

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 misterpmedia

@chikenfriedrice said:

Horrible....you are right though about Ryse.....I just read the article...my bad.

I was waiting for at least one lem to use them. Just so happens it was you.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 B4X

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

or what?

He might call you salty, butt-hurt, delicious tears, meltdown, or one of the other weapons he has at his weak minds disposal. :p

Careful. He might drag you down with stupid.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Targeting 60FPS means... targeting 60FPS... they never said the entire game was 60FPS yet, I'm sure there's more development to do on it. How can you come out and say something is 100% 60FPS if you haven't finished it, you would be lying.