The PC is the objectively superior gaming platform.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

As someone who games on both consoles and PC, I feel that I have more insight here than most people commenting.

It depends on how one defines "better." In a nutshell:

If you're looking for a more customizable and (potentially) more powerful gaming experience, then PC is the better platform for you. (I say potentially because it really depends on how much you're willing to invest and how often you upgrade)

If you're looking for a more convenient and more efficient gaming experience, then consoles are the better platform for you.

Both platforms have their pros and cons, I know the fanboys will never admit to this but regardless just go with the gaming experience you enjoy and offers the games you're most interested in.

Personally, I lean more towards consoles because I find them to have better exclusives. No PC exclusive can offer the experiences of Uncharted, Smash Bros, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Mario, Halo, Zelda, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous etc....Most PC exclusives I find tend to be rather low budget and gimmicky. I also prefer multiplayer gaming on consoles as it's more balanced and skill based as nobody has a system advantage, on PC it really all depends who has the best hardware.

I'll take "No idea what he's talking about" for $400, Alex

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#202 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

PC has no single player AAA games now beyond console ports.

Shameful.

what about the PC version of Tomb Raider being released one year before of console ports and having far superior visuals compared to next gen consoles

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

I also prefer multiplayer gaming on consoles as it's more balanced and skill based as nobody has a system advantage, on PC it really all depends who has the best hardware.

You mean console multiplayer where last gen there was so many P2P hosted games that people with host had an advantage. And where there are things like scuf controllers that give people an advantage because they have better "hardware". And PC multiplayer where many of the best CS players in the world still play at low settings and sub-1080p resolutions?

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#204 ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

@commonfate said:
@christiangmr14 said:
I also prefer multiplayer gaming on consoles as it's more balanced and skill based as nobody has a system advantage, on PC it really all depends who has the best hardware.

Better sound detection through headset = advantage on consoles

Having better hardware does make the player perform to his/her full potential but it's hardly indicative of who will win. I'd stand no chance against truly better Dota 2, starcraft, w/e else players even if they were using a laptop with a crappy touchpad and I'm all decked out in high-end Razor gear.

Not always, but quite often it is the case. If someone has a more powerful rig than you do they can be running the game at a far higher framerate and allow for more detail on screen (important for RTS), more accurate mouse etc....this is the case with many FPS games on PC. Hence why I prefer console mulitplayer as nobody has an unfair system advantage over another.

PC advantages:

-(potentially) More powerful and having a huge customizable platform. You get out what you put in, and you are free to create it to your liking. This is a big advantage over consoles which become obsolete to developers towards the end of their cycles.

-It has a far superior indie scene and is great for new developers trying to break into the industry.

-More dedicated communities for example there are STILL people playing Counter Strike on PC, that's like a 15+ year old game. No console game can say the same.

-Mods. There are some really creative mods that add new life to even old games, making it a never ending amount of free DLC basically.

-Steam sales

-Have all your games on one platform. Unlike consoles which no longer have Backwards Compatibility, the PC platform will always have your old games along with your new games in your Steam Library. I have KOTOR and Vice City alongside my Skyrim and Wolfenstine The New Order.

-Access to genres that you can't/don't play well on consoles (though this goes both ways). RTS and Sim games for example would not be fun on Console. FPS is also better on PC, generally speaking (IMO anyway).

-You learn a lot more about computers. While technically not a PC gaming feature, I feel it's one of the primary reasons why people get into PC gaming in the first place. Like a mechanic who loves working on cars, PC gamers often have a passion for technology and software, and PC gaming provides them the ability to learn more about it through one of their favorite hobbies.

PC disadvantages:

-The initial cost for a good gaming PC is quite expensive. Even more so as you will have to upgrade every 1-2 years to keep your hardware relevant with the newest titles. Though you may possibly save money in the long run compared to consoles, but again it depends entirely on how much you want to spend. If you want to keep your PC up to date you will spend far more than the Console gamers, no way around it.

-Most mods actually suck. While there is no doubt some really great one's available, the majority of mods are often gimmicky and even game breaking.

-Lack of big blockbuster exclusives. Like I mentioned in my previous post, most PC exclusives are rather low budget and gimmicky. They simply cannot compete with the console titles; The Last of Us, Zelda, Smash Bros, Uncharted, Halo, Red Dead, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Mario etc.....

-Lack of efficiency. Consoles are by far the better efficient gaming experience. You just turn your game on and you're set. The game runs good, it looks good, you won't have any troubles. With PC gaming this is a much different story, quite often you have to make sure everything is compatible, and sometimes this can be a complete nightmare! (I was trying to Amnesia on my PC, it took FOREVER for me to get it working properly). And there's always that chance that something will go wrong (and sooner or later something will) and when it does your game might crash, lose visual details, have framerate problems, or just fail to boot up until you uninstall it and re-install it again. PC gaming can really be a pain in the neck! Consoles have a HUGE advantage in this regard. It works, your games will always work, nothing to worry about. Which is why the argument can be made for Console gaming being superior (again depending on how one defines it).

-PC Gaming is not convenient. If you want to take your rig with you somewhere, it's a hassle (though there are some nice gaming laptops out there that render this problem nonexistent). If you want to let your friend borrow a game or trade a game in, too bad. Though with the PS4 and Xbox One a surprising amount of Console gamers have been buying their games digitally instead of physically, can't say I blame them with gas being so pricey nowadays, and you can avoid certain taxes by doing so. Furthermore like I mentioned above, you just turn your console on and no problem, PC you have to wait for it to boot up, then Steam to update etc....it's just the same.

-Lack of living room experience/multiplayer. PC gaming is by and large a solo gaming experience, it's not like consoles where you have them in your living room on a big TV when you're friends are over. Technically you can have your PC games on your TV, but there's a few things you have to do first and it won't run as good without the monitor.

-PC Gaming is not comfortable. You sit straight up, one hand on the mouse, another on the keyboard, it's an awkward position. Consoles you can lay back on the couch and just play comfortably.

-Mouse and Keyboard are not suited for every genre. Try playing a fighting game on PC such as Street Fighter, or imagine a Soul Caliber or a Mario Kart? What about a game like Assassin's Creed that requires quick reflexes? It's just not going to be fun on PC. Now you can use a 360 controller, but it's not always a smooth experience, sometimes it's not native and you have to button map it, and there is often input lag. Consoles do not have this issue.

-Unfair system advantages in multiplayer. Like I mentioned before, multiplayer gaming on PC is more of a matter of who has the best rig, not who has the best skill or strategy.

This is just a quick rundown of the common pros and cons of the system. I like both platforms and like I said, they both have their pros and cons, but they're also very different things aiming for a different experience. In the end whatever platform offers you the gaming experience best suited to your tastes is the better one. I used to play my PC more when I was younger but now that I'm an adult and I work as a writer, I basically spend much of my time looking at a computer screen and looking at a computer screen is the last thing I want to do when I want to have relax and play a game. I also don't want to deal with the hassles of PC gaming, but to each his own. Both platforms have a place in the industry and I wish people could respect each other's preferences regarding this.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 ChristianGmr14

@wis3boi said:

@christiangmr14 said:

As someone who games on both consoles and PC, I feel that I have more insight here than most people commenting.

It depends on how one defines "better." In a nutshell:

If you're looking for a more customizable and (potentially) more powerful gaming experience, then PC is the better platform for you. (I say potentially because it really depends on how much you're willing to invest and how often you upgrade)

If you're looking for a more convenient and more efficient gaming experience, then consoles are the better platform for you.

Both platforms have their pros and cons, I know the fanboys will never admit to this but regardless just go with the gaming experience you enjoy and offers the games you're most interested in.

Personally, I lean more towards consoles because I find them to have better exclusives. No PC exclusive can offer the experiences of Uncharted, Smash Bros, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Mario, Halo, Zelda, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous etc....Most PC exclusives I find tend to be rather low budget and gimmicky. I also prefer multiplayer gaming on consoles as it's more balanced and skill based as nobody has a system advantage, on PC it really all depends who has the best hardware.

I'll take "No idea what he's talking about" for $400, Alex

Like I said, the fanboys will never admit to anything. There are pros and cons of both platforms, everything I said is factual, aside from my subjective opinion about preferring multiplayer gaming on consoles.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#206  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

@Suppaman100:

- lol PC only haz indies and MOBA's

- lol steam survey

- PC no fair compared to consoles wahhh

Thank you for making SW's fun.

So you're denying that moba is the most popular genre on PC? (...or maybe browser games are the most popular, LOL)

So you're denying PC has less and less AAA games from established developers and gets flooded with indies? Thus no PC exclusives winning GOTY for the last couple of years.

So you're denying that most PC's used for gaming are not as strong as the PS4 and try to damage control the steam survey?

So you're denying that PC is an open platform and consoles are closed and because of this PC's have a lot more options?

Please try again hermit, thx for making SW easy for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#207 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
@christiangmr14 said:

PC advantages:

-(potentially) More powerful and having a huge customizable platform. You get out what you put in, and you are free to create it to your liking. This is a big advantage over consoles which become obsolete to developers towards the end of their cycles.

-It has a far superior indie scene and is great for new developers trying to break into the industry.

-More dedicated communities for example there are STILL people playing Counter Strike on PC, that's like a 15+ year old game. No console game can say the same.

-Mods. There are some really creative mods that add new life to even old games, making it a never ending amount of free DLC basically.

-Steam sales

-Have all your games on one platform. Unlike consoles which no longer have Backwards Compatibility, the PC platform will always have your old games along with your new games in your Steam Library. I have KOTOR and Vice City alongside my Skyrim and Wolfenstine The New Order.

-Access to genres that you can't/don't play well on consoles (though this goes both ways). RTS and Sim games for example would not be fun on Console. FPS is also better on PC, generally speaking (IMO anyway).

-You learn a lot more about computers. While technically not a PC gaming feature, I feel it's one of the primary reasons why people get into PC gaming in the first place. Like a mechanic who loves working on cars, PC gamers often have a passion for technology and software, and PC gaming provides them the ability to learn more about it through one of their favorite hobbies.

PC disadvantages:

-The initial cost for a good gaming PC is quite expensive. Even more so as you will have to upgrade every 1-2 years to keep your hardware relevant with the newest titles. Though you may possibly save money in the long run compared to consoles, but again it depends entirely on how much you want to spend. If you want to keep your PC up to date you will spend far more than the Console gamers, no way around it.

-Most mods actually suck. While there is no doubt some really great one's available, the majority of mods are often gimmicky and even game breaking.

-Lack of big blockbuster exclusives. Like I mentioned in my previous post, most PC exclusives are rather low budget and gimmicky. They simply cannot compete with the console titles; The Last of Us, Zelda, Smash Bros, Uncharted, Halo, Red Dead, Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Mario etc.....

-Lack of efficiency. Consoles are by far the better efficient gaming experience. You just turn your game on and you're set. The game runs good, it looks good, you won't have any troubles. With PC gaming this is a much different story, quite often you have to make sure everything is compatible, and sometimes this can be a complete nightmare! (I was trying to Amnesia on my PC, it took FOREVER for me to get it working properly). And there's always that chance that something will go wrong (and sooner or later something will) and when it does your game might crash, lose visual details, have framerate problems, or just fail to boot up until you uninstall it and re-install it again. PC gaming can really be a pain in the neck! Consoles have a HUGE advantage in this regard. It works, your games will always work, nothing to worry about. Which is why the argument can be made for Console gaming being superior (again depending on how one defines it).

-PC Gaming is not convenient. If you want to take your rig with you somewhere, it's a hassle (though there are some nice gaming laptops out there that render this problem nonexistent). If you want to let your friend borrow a game or trade a game in, too bad. Though with the PS4 and Xbox One a surprising amount of Console gamers have been buying their games digitally instead of physically, can't say I blame them with gas being so pricey nowadays, and you can avoid certain taxes by doing so. Furthermore like I mentioned above, you just turn your console on and no problem, PC you have to wait for it to boot up, then Steam to update etc....it's just the same.

-Lack of living room experience/multiplayer. PC gaming is by and large a solo gaming experience, it's not like consoles where you have them in your living room on a big TV when you're friends are over. Technically you can have your PC games on your TV, but there's a few things you have to do first and it won't run as good without the monitor.

-PC Gaming is not comfortable. You sit straight up, one hand on the mouse, another on the keyboard, it's an awkward position. Consoles you can lay back on the couch and just play comfortably.

-Mouse and Keyboard are not suited for every genre. Try playing a fighting game on PC such as Street Fighter, or imagine a Soul Caliber or a Mario Kart? What about a game like Assassin's Creed that requires quick reflexes? It's just not going to be fun on PC. Now you can use a 360 controller, but it's not always a smooth experience, sometimes it's not native and you have to button map it, and there is often input lag. Consoles do not have this issue.

-Unfair system advantages in multiplayer. Like I mentioned before, multiplayer gaming on PC is more of a matter of who has the best rig, not who has the best skill or strategy.

This is just a quick rundown of the common pros and cons of the system. I like both platforms and like I said, they both have their pros and cons, but they're also very different things aiming for a different experience. In the end whatever platform offers you the gaming experience best suited to your tastes is the better one. I used to play my PC more when I was younger but now that I'm an adult and I work as a writer, I basically spend much of my time looking at a computer screen and looking at a computer screen is the last thing I want to do when I want to have relax and play a game. I also don't want to deal with the hassles of PC gaming, but to each his own. Both platforms have a place in the industry and I wish people could respect each other's preferences regarding this.

Claims to have "insight" into PC gaming.

Can't name a single PC game.

This is getting old.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@handssss said:

@Cranler said:

The ultimate cheapskate way for the enthusiast gamer would be to build a pc. For the price of xbone and PS4 and online sub you could even get a prebuilt that should last for 5 years.

Most of the must have console titles are sp focused. So if a pc gamer wants to play Last of Us for example he could simply buy PS 4 and game. Easily beat the game in under 2 weeks. Return PS 4 and trade in LOU for store credit toward pc dd through Gamestop who happens to be having a summer sale.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/pc/games?nav=28-xu0,138c-ffff2418

but then you'd be missing out on its multiplayer.

All the pc mp games could surely fill the void of not having Halo mp. Is there any other must have mp console only game?

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 ChristianGmr14

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@christiangmr14 said:

PC advantages:

-Steam sales

PC disadvantages:

Claims to have "insight" into PC gaming.

Can't name a single PC game.

This is getting old.

I can name plenty of PC games such as company of heros 2, Dota 2, Path of Exile, Goat Simulator (lol), Slender the arrival, Arma, Rodina, Diablo 3......these are all PC games that I have and recently played.

Like I said the fanboys will never admit to anything. There are pros and cons with both platforms, and as someone who has the luxury of being able to game on both platforms I know the difference. PCs have their advantages in some areas, consoles have their advantages in some areas, it just depends on the gaming experience that best suits your tastes.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#210 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

Yeah PC gamers(the ones who post this shit) are the most annoying bunch I've ever met on gaming forums. I'd rather read console fanboys argue about stuff that they don't understand than listen to PC fanboys justify their $3000+ PC's. I feel like they must be trying to overcompensate for other short comings... BTW I'm a gamer. Have a gaming PC, PS4, etc.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 lostrib

@bigblunt537: you obviously haven't seen the Sony fanboys on here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
@christiangmr14 said:

I can name plenty of PC games such as company of heros 2, Dota 2, Path of Exile, Goat Simulator (lol), Slender the arrival, Arma, Rodina, Diablo 3......these are all PC games that I have and recently played.

Like I said the fanboys will never admit to anything. There are pros and cons with both platforms, and as someone who has the luxury of being able to game on both platforms I know the difference. PCs have their advantages in some areas, consoles have their advantages in some areas, it just depends on the gaming experience that best suits your tastes.

Uh huh,

You're not fooling anyone.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 ChristianGmr14

@bigblunt537 said:

Yeah PC gamers(the ones who post this shit) are the most annoying bunch I've ever met on gaming forums. I'd rather read console fanboys argue about stuff that they don't understand than listen to PC fanboys justify their $3000+ PC's. I feel like they must be trying to overcompensate for other short comings... BTW I'm a gamer. Have a gaming PC, PS4, etc.

$3,000 is a massive over exaggeration, but I agree with the jest of what you're saying. Fanboys are all arrogant as they are ignorant, regardless of platform. I also identify as just a gamer, I don't call myself a PC gamer, or a PS4 gamer, or a Nintendo gamer, just a gamer. If I like a game I'll play it and enjoy it regardless of platform even if it's not the one I prefer.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 ChristianGmr14

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@christiangmr14 said:

Uh huh,

I'm not trying to fool anybody, fanboys refuse to listen to anything or believe anybody unless it helps reaffirm their already preconceived bias that their platform is perfect and flawless and all others are terrible and should be thrown in the garbage. PC fanboys are no exception.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

@commonfate said:
@christiangmr14 said:

Having better hardware does make the player perform to his/her full potential but it's hardly indicative of who will win. I'd stand no chance against truly better Dota 2, starcraft, w/e else players even if they were using a laptop with a crappy touchpad and I'm all decked out in high-end Razor gear.

Not always, but quite often it is the case.

Do you have any kind of source for such a claim?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
@christiangmr14 said:

I'm not trying to fool anybody, fanboys refuse to listen to anything or believe anybody unless it helps reaffirm their already preconceived bias that their platform is perfect and flawless and all others are terrible and should be thrown in the garbage. PC fanboys are no exception.

Fanboys also claim to have "more insight" than everyone else, and copy and paste points others have, while demonstrating a hilarious lack of knowledge of PC exclusives.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By ChristianGmr14

@commonfate said:

@christiangmr14 said:

@commonfate said:
@christiangmr14 said:

I have personal experience, I do not document my gaming so your question is rather asinine.PC gaming creates an unfair advantage in multiplayer as whoever has the best rig will dominate. Consoles have no such problem as everyone has the same hardware.

I'm sure you can use google to find examples of what I'm talking about. This is a common complaint about multiplayer gaming on PC.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 commonfate

@Suppaman100 said:

@bldgirsh said:

- lol PC only haz indies and MOBA's

- lol steam survey

- PC no fair compared to consoles wahhh

Thank you for making SW's fun.

So you're denying that moba is the most popular genre on PC? (...or maybe browser games are the most popular, LOL)

So you're denying PC has less and less AAA games from established developers and gets flooded with indies? Thus no PC exclusives winning GOTY for the last couple of years.

So you're denying that most PC's used for gaming are not as strong as the PS4 and try to damage control the steam survey?

So you're denying that PC is an open platform and consoles are closed and because of this PC's have a lot more options?

That's neither what he's denying nor what you posted in the first place.

What is an "established" developer? Who gets to make those judgement calls? And how are you relating the AAA industry to PC exclusives and consequently to winning a GameSpot GOTY award? Are only AAA games capable of winning such a title? And are not the majority of all AAA developers multiplat centric which means that PC typically enjoys the best of such an industry?

What does other PCs have to do with mine? I can play on higher settings and others can't, so what?

And what does your fourth point have to do with any of his?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 lostrib

@christiangmr14 said:

@commonfate said:

@christiangmr14 said:

@commonfate said:
@christiangmr14 said:

I have personal experience, I do not document my gaming so your question is rather asinine.PC gaming creates an unfair advantage in multiplayer as whoever has the best rig will dominate. Consoles have no such problem as everyone has the same hardware.

I'm sure you can use google to find examples of what I'm talking about. This is a common complaint about multiplayer gaming on PC.

yeah...that's just not true

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 commonfate

@christiangmr14 said:

@commonfate said:

@christiangmr14 said:

@commonfate said:
@christiangmr14 said:

Anecdotal evidence is not proof. It's the weakest thing you could possibly support a point with. Bring proof of high end hardware making players "dominate."

Consoles aren't level playing fields as posted earlier through modified controllers and headsets. You've still yet to address those points and claiming that console gaming allows for equal footing, which at this point is just being dishonest.

PubstarHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By PubstarHero
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

@christiangmr14: As someone who used to wreck XBL with a XIM3 adapter and get called a hacker on the regular, I call bullshit as to the "Everyone has the same hardware so there is no advantage" line.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@christiangmr14 said:

Uh huh,

Newsflash....some people are not biased to one brand/platform.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 bigblunt537

@christiangmr14 said:

@bigblunt537 said:

$3,000 is a massive over exaggeration, but I agree with the jest of what you're saying. Fanboys are all arrogant as they are ignorant, regardless of platform. I also identify as just a gamer, I don't call myself a PC gamer, or a PS4 gamer, or a Nintendo gamer, just a gamer. If I like a game I'll play it and enjoy it regardless of platform even if it's not the one I prefer.

Well it may be an exaggeration for some it is definitely a realistic build. I know several people with 780 GTX's in SLI and thats $1200 right there. I know it's not everyone, but these people claim superiority and then try to convince console buyers to pay 300-400 for a PC instead which a computer of that quality will run most current gen and last gen games like crap. They also use their high end specs to make them feel better about themselves. If a console cost $2-$3000 they'd be playing games at 4k as well. IDK I just get really annoyed by PC fanboys.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 bigblunt537

@lostrib said:

@bigblunt537: you obviously haven't seen the Sony fanboys on here

Oh I have, but they're hilarious. I enjoy watch the stupidity of their posts.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#225 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@bigblunt537 said:

@christiangmr14 said:

@bigblunt537 said:

Well it may be an exaggeration for some it is definitely a realistic build. I know several people with 780 GTX's in SLI and thats $1200 right there. I know it's not everyone, but these people claim superiority and then try to convince console buyers to pay 300-400 for a PC instead which a computer of that quality will run most current gen and last gen games like crap. They also use their high end specs to make them feel better about themselves. If a console cost $2-$3000 they'd be playing games at 4k as well. IDK I just get really annoyed by PC fanboys.

Well I made a 400$ computer, hooked it up to my tv

and it does a lot more than the ps4 or x1, since it's a pc.

The cpu and mobo was second handed though, but it will still lasts longer than a ps4.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By wis3boi

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:
@christiangmr14 said:

Uh huh,

Newsflash....some people are not biased to one brand/platform.

if someone wants to talk pros and cons, they should do some research instead first

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

Console and handheld exclusives remain 1000x better than PC exclusives.

PC never got RDR, Catherine, anything Nintendo, TLOU, Halo, etc.

Modern PC gaming is full of DRM, which makes a collector not interested. Why even buy a physical PC game if it's tied to steam or a license key? No motivation for digital DRM games

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 wis3boi

@YoshiYogurt said:

Console and handheld exclusives remain 1000x better than PC exclusives.

PC never got RDR, Catherine, anything Nintendo, TLOU, Halo, etc.

Modern PC gaming is full of DRM, which makes a collector not interested. Why even buy a physical PC game if it's tied to steam or a license key? No motivation for digital DRM games

0/10

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#229 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

You won System Wars. Close the forum.

Avatar image for Sharp-Shooter89
Sharp-Shooter89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Sharp-Shooter89
Member since 2012 • 128 Posts

@Shielder7: she just plays LoL, hardly a pc gamer, thats like saying im a console gamer and all i play is cod, this girl is an ex pornstar and she barely raged, it seemed staged anyway for the lols

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 ChristianGmr14

@commonfate said:

@christiangmr14 said:

@commonfate said:

@christiangmr14 said:

@commonfate said:
@christiangmr14 said:

Anecdotal evidence is not proof. It's the weakest thing you could possibly support a point with. Bring proof of high end hardware making players "dominate."

Consoles aren't level playing fields as posted earlier through modified controllers and headsets. You've still yet to address those points and claiming that console gaming allows for equal footing, which at this point is just being dishonest.

A quick google search would have shown you that I am correct.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/1n9by8/unfair_advantage_in_multiplayer_what_is_you/

It's a well documented problem among multiplayer gaming in the PC community and why many people, myself included, prefer multiplayer gaming on consoles.

Also very few people use modded console controllers on consoles, and to the best of my knowledge no modded controllers exist for the PS4 and Xbox One. Really I shouldn't have to explain this to a supposed PC gamer "expert" such as yourself, it seems like you're just another fanboy being dishonest about the pros and the cons of his platform of choice. Too bad, I thought you were going to be one of the cool PC gamers based on our previous conversations, but guess not.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By commonfate
@christiangmr14 said:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/1n9by8/unfair_advantage_in_multiplayer_what_is_you/

It's a well documented problem among multiplayer gaming in the PC community and why many people, myself included, prefer multiplayer gaming on consoles.

Also very few people use modded console controllers on consoles, and to the best of my knowledge no modded controllers exist for the PS4 and Xbox One. Really I shouldn't have to explain this to a supposed PC gamer "expert" such as yourself, it seems like you're just another fanboy being dishonest about the pros and the cons of his platform of choice. Too bad, I thought you were going to be one of the cool PC gamers based on our previous conversations, but guess not.

The top rated comments on your link are quite revealing...

Also, you're still making claims on console gamers. You've at least agreed that devices that allow users to cheat exist on consoles but you seem to possess knowledge in regards to how many people are using such devices. I'm simply asking you to substantiate your claims and not to direct others to make your arguments for you.

Lastly, your insults are not only irrelevant and baseless but shallow. I don't remember ever holding a conversation prior with you and never have I claimed to be a PC expert, if anything I gravitate towards Sony and Nintendo systems.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

All this and it still literally produces nothing but indie titles. Don't get me wrong, I like indie games...but they end up on Console anyway. And the devs (as soon as they have the money) of these indie titles then focus on Consoles primarily. Just don't see the draw to PC. Terrible optimization, kb/m is just uncomfortable, mods are terrible most of the time, the games are solely based around indie games, and even the games that are exclusive are primarily not exclusive for long. Consoles have so many exclusive titles between the three companies. Can you imagine never being about to play a Mario, Zelda, Super Smash, Fable, Gears of War, Uncharted, etc etc. game? No...such amazing games. Consoles own PC in every category with the exception of hardware. But, then again, devs can do more with consoles due to the console being static hardware. Optimization is easier. PC's you can upgrade (and do a good amount) so it obviously means PC's will have more powerful. But, overall, Consoles have the edge.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 ChristianGmr14

@commonfate said:
@christiangmr14 said:

Also, you're still making claims on console gamers. You've at least agreed that devices that allow users to cheat exist on consoles but you seem to possess knowledge in regards to how many people are using such devices. I'm simply asking you to substantiate your claims and not to direct others to make your arguments for you.

Lastly, your insults are not only irrelevant and baseless but shallow. I don't remember ever holding a conversation prior with you and never have I claimed to be a PC expert, if anything I gravitate towards Sony and Nintendo systems.

User comments don't prove or disprove anything. System advantage creates an unfair advantage in PC multiplayer gaming and it's a well known fact, all PC gamers know this, only the fanboys deny it. But there's no point in discussing this further with you, your bias clouds your ability to accept or admit the truth. So I'll just leave this here and leave it be. Go to around the 2 minute mark and it talks about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAlnu6ktmjI

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

@commonfate said:
@christiangmr14 said:

User comments don't prove or disprove anything. System advantage creates an unfair advantage in PC multiplayer gaming and it's a well known fact, all PC gamers know this, only the fanboys deny it. But there's no point in discussing this further with you, your bias clouds your ability to accept or admit the truth. So I'll just leave this here and leave it be. Go to around the 2 minute mark and it talks about it.

Rapid fire controllers and xim say hi. Also a consolite on a gaming monitor has an edge over tv users. Tv's in game mode get destroyed by monitors when it comes to input lag.

Ripsaw1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Ripsaw1994
Member since 2013 • 196 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: But the aspects that can be factually determined are nearly always better on the PC.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#238 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

A good portion of the points in the OP's original post are kind of irrelevant. Of course PCs are superior platforms they have better hardware and cost more.

Also, saying that PCs arent more expensive than consoles is not true. To really enjoy games with decent graphics on pc you are going to have to spend at least $1000 on the pc. PC gamers always like to point out how you can build a rig for cheap, but the reality is most of them thrive on specs and spending lots of money on their rigs which is why they put their rig specs in their sigs its an epeen thing. Not one of these guys thats a hardcore competitive pc gamer is playing on a cheap rig.

Next, most people that play consoles arent the same type of gamers as PC gamers who are hardcore gamers. A lot of console gamers buy the console to play 3-4 titles over the entire life of the console. They dont care about having huge collections because they bought the console to play CoD, Madden and NBA 2K.

Another point is many people just dont like dealing with building an maintaining PCs. It doesnt matter how cheap or easy building one is, the fact is it doesnt appeal to a lot of people that just want to plug and play which the console does better.

I pc game and console game as well and lately pc just hasnt really brought out any pc only exclusives that would make me give up my consoles.

I play PCs for RTS and MMOs which is an actual legit argument for buying a pc since those games havent really made the transition to pc in mass yet.

the facts of the matter are by next gen their wont be a difference between pcs and consoles. yes you will always be able to spend more and get more bells and whistles from a pc, but that line is going away.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

have pity for your fat ass.

you wish loser.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By lostrib

@ps4hasnogames: lol, mad cuz bad

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames: lol, mad cuz bad

wtf? what a fail

bye loser.

sincerely, your father.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 lostrib

@ps4hasnogames: flagged for spreading false information

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 commonfate

@christiangmr14 said:

It's odd how those comments don't apply suddenly because you realized they weren't helping your case. That's the lovely thing about anecdotal evidence. When you have actual conclusive evidence and not just conjecture then we can have a discussion.

You would think such a well known fact would support itself with more credibility than a simple Youtube video.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

User comments don't prove or disprove anything.

But you brought them up as evidence yourself.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@oflow said:

the facts of the matter are by next gen their wont be a difference between pcs and consoles. yes you will always be able to spend more and get more bells and whistles from a pc, but that line is going away.

People say that every console generation and it never comes true.

The line isn't "going away" - in fact it's becoming more and more evident each and every day, and will for years to come. The PC is a constantly evolving and improving ecosystem, whereas the consoles won't be improving for at least the next 6-7 years. Given the rate at which PC hardware and electronics in general are advancing, how much more powerful are the PS5 and Next-Box going to have to be to compete with the top-tier gaming PC's of 2020? 10x more powerful than the current generation? 20x? It's just unrealistic.

The difference between what a gaming PC can do and what a current console can do is already drastic. Imagine what the difference is going to be like in five years when console gamers are still playing games on the same outdated hardware, and with no next-gen console announced yet either.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By mikhail

@christiangmr14 said:

@christiangmr14 said:

So you first cite user comments, then later go on to say that user comments don't prove or disprove anything, then you link to more user comments to prove your point. See what I'm getting at here? You are grasping at straws.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#249 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@evildead6789 said:

Well I made a 400$ computer, hooked it up to my tv

and it does a lot more than the ps4 or x1, since it's a pc.

The cpu and mobo was second handed though, but it will still lasts longer than a ps4.

Good for you. I did too. I bought an fx6300, 1tb hdd, 8gb ram, case psu and a used r9 270 for $411. Still running great 9 months later. What did you build for $400.

You did better than me, I have an amd phenom II X4 940, 6 gb ram, sli board, msi gtx 750ti, thermaltake commander case , wd velociraptor 300 gb and corsair rm550.

The psu is gold rated though and modulair, The fan is not even spinning. It's a 110 bucks psu. I could have done it cheaper but i had an i7 before and sold it and i just wanted to have a multimedia pc for a couple of months and now just bought that gpu to play some games. The rest is just parts i bought here and there, but psu, gpu and case arre all new. The board and cpu are a bit old, but that board i have was a 200$ board. I bought the board psu and ram for 165 , it wasn't exactly what i wanted but i needed a system fast after selling my other system.

I didn't think the whole thing through , you know, that psu i bought because i wanted to make a super silent httpc first, then I bought the case with a local pc shop after changing my mind and wanting to make a system quickly but the point is with 400$ even when not choosing the most ideal parts, it's still matches a ps4 in performance and with a pc you can do a lot more than console, not to mention the backwards compatibility on all these games.

I'm making a vr pc soon though and then i'll put a cheaper psu in this system (the gpu only uses 60 watts) change the case and sell it. That will drop the price with a 100 bucks, and it still play games the same as a ps4.

So yeah with 400$ you can do a lot, like your system shows, those fx 6cpu's are really good. I don't know what i will do first though because i have to spend a lot of money of vr (headset, motion controllers, virtuix omni) and in the beginning i'll play games like halflife 2 and then sell my pc and buy a better i think. How good i still don't know, the more I think about it , the more i realize is that intel pc are overkill and more expensive. I might just get an fx cpu as well.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 mikhail

@evildead6789: Upgrading your CPU won't help as much as a new GPU would.