The PC is the objectively superior gaming platform.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

Agree OP.

PC rocks. Nobody (rational) goes from PC -> console, only the other way around.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Cranler: What precisely is your point and how does it relate to the PC being the objectively superior gaming platform?

No more links, no answering questions with another question, just state your opinion clearly in one sentence if you can.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#103 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

PC's pretty neat, but I like the feel of a console more if that makes any sense - especially when you play with friends.

Heck, one of my old buddies played some NBA Jam with me on Genesis and we had an immense amount of fun with it! I guess I'm turning into an old man with this kind of mindset, but it feels like consoles have more soul to them.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 THE_DRUGGIE
@FastRobby said:

Proper, serious PC-gaming is done behind a desk, I just don't like that

Yeah, I hear you on that one.

Don't get me wrong, I like PC games too - dual screen setup and all that jazz - but consoles have that relaxed feel to them. At the risk of sounding like a Pepperidge Farm commercial, I think the old feeling of sitting down in front of a CRT and playing some games beats any high-tech, desk-ridden endeavor. Remember when you sat in front of your TV playing Ninja Gaiden and threw your NES controller at the TV but neither broke?

I remember.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@mikhail said:

@Cranler: What precisely is your point and how does it relate to the PC being the objectively superior gaming platform?

No more links, no answering questions with another question, just state your opinion clearly in one sentence if you can.

I was just pointing out something you mentioned. A dude saves $3000 on games he would have never bought had they not been on sale. Who has time to play that many games before they get so outdated you'd rather play new games? Who could play that many games without getting completely burnt out on games?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Cranler

@FastRobby said:

Whats wrong with being behind a desk?

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 THE_DRUGGIE

@FastRobby said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@FastRobby said:

Don't get me wrong, I like PC games too - dual screen setup and all that jazz - but consoles have that relaxed feel to them. At the risk of sounding like a Pepperidge Farm commercial, I think the old feeling of sitting down in front of a CRT and playing some games beats any high-tech, desk-ridden endeavor. Remember when you sat in front of your TV playing Ninja Gaiden and threw your NES controller at the TV but neither broke?

I remember.

I'm not that old, first console was N64 when I was 7 :) but later this day I was raging on my controller because I was clearly the better team and still AZ won with 1 point difference. Idiots from EA need to learn how to properly program AI in FIFA. But a much better feeling compared with smashing a keyboard. Just being able to relax on your couch, instead of a chair makes all the difference

Well I'm probably just as old as you; started playing when I was 3 in 1993; my family was fairly poor, so they got me a NES Mario/Duck Hunt Zapper bundle out of a bargain bin with a copy of Kirby's Dreamland that was on clearance. By the way, I still have that NES even though it caught on fire when it had a penny stuck in it. It's amazing how that thing still works!

Got a little off track there, whoops.

Anywho, I like gaming on the couch for multiple reasons; actually really three:

1. Being able to relax without sitting at a desk the whole time.

2. Having a TV to play in front of, rather than a computer screen (yeah, I know about VGA/DVI/HDMI stuff, but I already have a complex enough daisy chain of AV connectors and coax cables to worry about)

3. Punching distance; that is, my friends have always had this rule about keeping someone honest when doing multiplayer, and that was being able to smack the other guy if he was being a jerk. We still game locally to this day.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Cranler

@FastRobby said:

@Cranler said:

@FastRobby said:

Whats wrong with being behind a desk?

It doesn't have that "relaxness" just lay back on the couch, play some games. When I sit behind a desk I'm too focused. Also I'm an IT'er so I have to change locations sometimes :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJFmPsS4ZfI&src_vid=qxY5ZdfoZ-o&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_985073873

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#112 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@FastRobby said:

I remember.

I'm not that old, first console was N64 when I was 7 :) but later this day I was raging on my controller because I was clearly the better team and still AZ won with 1 point difference. Idiots from EA need to learn how to properly program AI in FIFA. But a much better feeling compared with smashing a keyboard. Just being able to relax on your couch, instead of a chair makes all the difference

on a couch is how I play most my PC games, I dont see how that is a point to prefer consoles. Power Cable + Standard HDMI lead and PC is on your big TV.

Sit on the couch with your Choice of Controller (Ds3,360, X1 or what ever controller) and play away.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#113 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

Cranler getting owned yet again.

More useless posts. Have you learned your lesson about making threats?

PC is first place in every facet, loosing-ends you disappoint me with this cryptic act.

PC isn't even in the race with game consoles. That's the funny part. Let me know when the PC becomes a stagnant game console that can't be upgraded. lmao!! PC is in a race by itself, so that way it never loses because there's no other competitors except maybe the Mac. lol!! So yes, PC is in first place racing around the track by itself. lol!!

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 THE_DRUGGIE
@thehig1 said:

@FastRobby said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@FastRobby said:

I remember.

on a couch is how I play most my PC games, I dont see how that is a point to prefer consoles. Power Cable + Standard HDMI lead and PC is on your big TV.

Sit on the couch with your Choice of Controller (Ds3,360, X1 or what ever controller) and play away.

It's an intangible thing for me, but I actually prefer to play my games on a CRT because the picture just feels more natural, probably because of the curvature of the screen. I know not a lot of games now are not CRT-friendly (heck, I think that the newest generation doesn't even allow you to do that in any easy capacity), but combining a CRT with actually having the console it plays on in front of you means a lot to me; it's difficult to explain since this feeling is not measured by wanting a high-quality picture, or even for the sake of wanting to be retro. It gives me a sense of inner peace that, quite frankly, I cannot get from a PC-to-HDTV setup...or really just an HDTV in general.

It feels more meaningful to me and that's something I cannot be convinced to think otherwise, regardless of how low-tech or outdated it feels. With that considered, I'm more than likely not making an argument to say PC is better or worse; just that consoles, coupled with an older setup, make me feel like the games I play are played for easing my troubles and finding a reasonable amount of solace from whatever is troubling me at the time.

I guess I really am an old man, huh?

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

A lot of those bullet points you posted aren't true so........yeah.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 THE_DRUGGIE
@FastRobby said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

@FastRobby said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@FastRobby said:

I remember.

Well I'm probably just as old as you; started playing when I was 3 in 1993; my family was fairly poor, so they got me a NES Mario/Duck Hunt Zapper bundle out of a bargain bin with a copy of Kirby's Dreamland that was on clearance. By the way, I still have that NES even though it caught on fire when it had a penny stuck in it. It's amazing how that thing still works!

2. Having a TV to play in front of, rather than a computer screen (yeah, I know about VGA/DVI/HDMI stuff, but I already have a complex enough daisy chain of AV connectors and coax cables to worry about)

3. Punching distance; that is, my friends have always had this rule about keeping someone honest when doing multiplayer, and that was being able to smack the other guy if he was being a jerk. We still game locally to this day.

We are the same age :D I do recall playing the first gameboy when I was 3 years old, but my older sister and brother never asked for consoles, So I never played them. Although friends of my sister did have a super nintedo and I played on it, but those memories are really fuzzy.

My mother sold my N64, with my consent, but I was a teenager, most dumb mistake I made in my life, except for being the worst teenager in life, good thing I grew up and I'm being the best son ever lived on this planet earth. I would love to get that N64 back and play diddy kong racing, banjoo and kazooie again. I never finished those games when I was little, because I didn't have the skills. I tried it with an emulator in PC but that is definitely not the same. Wow I was disappointed when I grasped the fact that I didn't have my N64 again, ever. Gaming on couch is the best. Apparently a lot of people game on the couch with their PC, but believe me, it's not the same... How do you play with the controller when you know the mmo is better with mouse and keyboard? I can't play with the keyboard on my legs, and mouse on the couch...

Well, there are people who like using USB controllers but I only ever used them if I wanted to get a game that was out of copyright, difficult to find and interesting - did not even feel remotely as good. As for other PC games, a lot of people just use a 360 controller for games less complex than an MMO but again, I just don't see myself doing that when I use WASD controls if I'm on a PC.

Side note: I remember having the special edition Pikachu N64 that I picked up from a used game store when I was about 8; oh man, that thing is expensive now but I sold it like a doofus well before I realized that; same thing with that Pokemon Yellow GBC I used to have. To me, it just seems like gamers these days have lost appreciation for the special little feelings playing on an old console gave you.

What's even more depressing is that Kids React To episode with the original Game Boy...

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#118  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@smashed_pinata said:

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

mrs doyle, lmao

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@smashed_pinata said:

Which ones do you think aren't true, and why?

Your post is tantamount to this:

Scientist: The earth is round, here is an image from space.

Non-believer: That isn't true because reasons.

Scientist: ...

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@miiiiv: That wasn't my build, that was the build linked to in the article and they didn't select a discrete video card.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@asylumni said:

@miiiiv: That wasn't my build, that was the build linked to in the article and they didn't select a discrete video card.

Okay I see. It wasn't a very well built rig, that was why I asked.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE
@FastRobby said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@FastRobby said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

@FastRobby said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@FastRobby said:

I remember.

We are the same age :D I do recall playing the first gameboy when I was 3 years old, but my older sister and brother never asked for consoles, So I never played them. Although friends of my sister did have a super nintedo and I played on it, but those memories are really fuzzy.

My mother sold my N64, with my consent, but I was a teenager, most dumb mistake I made in my life, except for being the worst teenager in life, good thing I grew up and I'm being the best son ever lived on this planet earth. I would love to get that N64 back and play diddy kong racing, banjoo and kazooie again. I never finished those games when I was little, because I didn't have the skills. I tried it with an emulator in PC but that is definitely not the same. Wow I was disappointed when I grasped the fact that I didn't have my N64 again, ever. Gaming on couch is the best. Apparently a lot of people game on the couch with their PC, but believe me, it's not the same... How do you play with the controller when you know the mmo is better with mouse and keyboard? I can't play with the keyboard on my legs, and mouse on the couch...

Well, there are people who like using USB controllers but I only ever used them if I wanted to get a game that was out of copyright, difficult to find and interesting - did not even feel remotely as good. As for other PC games, a lot of people just use a 360 controller for games less complex than an MMO but again, I just don't see myself doing that when I use WASD controls if I'm on a PC.

Side note: I remember having the special edition Pikachu N64 that I picked up from a used game store when I was about 8; oh man, that thing is expensive now but I sold it like a doofus well before I realized that; same thing with that Pokemon Yellow GBC I used to have. To me, it just seems like gamers these days have lost appreciation for the special little feelings playing on an old console gave you.

What's even more depressing is that Kids React To episode with the original Game Boy...

I never liked the Xbox controller on PC, I got a friend who doesn't have consoles, and plays his games with the controller, but I don't understand it, why not the same in front of the TV? It's just not the same. I remember playing FIFA 98 on PC with keyboard, my parents gave me 15min a day to play back then :D Looking back at it, it was ridiculous, as a child sneaking around, playing games without them knowing. Then seeing my dad playing X-Wing tee-fighter 'till who knows how late, just with a joystick. If only I knew how to manipulate people back then, I would have gamed at least one hour a day... :D

Did you have that pokemon photograph game? My neighbor had it, the goal was taking pictures of pokemon, I never really liked it but I was intrigued.

Pokemon Snap? Yeah, I played that when my aunt had a N64. I remember taking the cartridge over to Blockbuster and printing out little stickers of the photos I took! Man, you don't see promotions like that anymore.

Also, when I was a kid, my Dad was the manager of a video rental store so we got to rent consoles out for free every now and then. I remember playing Space Ace and a Star Wars game on 3DO because of that. Of course, then we eventually got a PS1 and he started playing Metal Gear Solid a lot; heck, he's still better at it than I am because he was able to get through Extreme!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus: I didn't lie about anything. PC came in dead last in the industry in Game of the Year exclusives for generation 7. It hasn't had a game of the year exclusive on GameSpot for 10 years. Enough with the whining. When it comes to games consoles win

Never knew that what only mattered is GOTYs.

Considering the PS3 got 2.

2 games to play(and 1 indie,cows seem to hate indies on PC),nothing to bloat about.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

PC is definately the best but do you think these morons can be convinced by rational reasononing ?

face it man, Ignorance is the most valuable commodity in System Wars.... Its the only thing keeping That craptucular piece of crap Microsoft afloat.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

PC doesn't have the games I like. PC doesn't have the convenience I like. /thread

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By smashed_pinata

I don't know how to format all the quotes in but each bullet point is a number starting with the top of the list:

1) Does NOT work with any TV or monitor: if you have an old tv like mine.

2) Agreed

3) Agreed, although Steam annoys the hell out of me

4) Better online services? How so? Consoles online has worked perfectly for me

5) Localized multi? OK if i go to a fucking LAN center sure; we are talking about home use. Console wins in that regard, cant have people over unless they bring their PC's with them ( Hassle)

6) Yes using a modern GPU that will be is fantastic, but expensive when its half the price of a console.

7) Agreed

8) You can NOT build a PC that is better than my WiiU for 250$ (which is what i payed for mine)

9) PC games are not less expensive, they cost the same as console games in my area (small town in Canada)

10) Better rated games? Seeing as how the top 3 spots on Metacritic are NOT PC games this point does NOT apply even though you can play them on PC with ILLEGAL downloads ( unless you own a copy already; which means why would you want to anyways, just play it on the one you have)

11) Agreed

12) Having no Barrier means no filter, meaning lots of crap games being made

13) I can play those on my IPhone, don't need a PC but it is a plus i guess

14) Agreed

15) Can emulate illegally which is something that i do not want to do

16) Agreed

17) You can repair consoles too if you had the knowledge: just like you'd need the knowledge on how to repair a PC.

18) Yea upgradeable but that costs lots of money; i would rather buy a console ONCE and then have it play ALL my games equally well for it's whole lifespan than be constantly paying for upgrades.

19) Agreed

20) Higher details? Sure if you want to spend the money

21) It is NOT cheaper than my console (WiiU) so this point is also false to me

As you can see, i have put a large dent into a fair share of your reasons. To me objectively, a PC is NOT the superior platform.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 thehig1

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@thehig1 said:

@FastRobby said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@FastRobby said:

I remember.

It's an intangible thing for me, but I actually prefer to play my games on a CRT because the picture just feels more natural, probably because of the curvature of the screen. I know not a lot of games now are not CRT-friendly (heck, I think that the newest generation doesn't even allow you to do that in any easy capacity), but combining a CRT with actually having the console it plays on in front of you means a lot to me; it's difficult to explain since this feeling is not measured by wanting a high-quality picture, or even for the sake of wanting to be retro. It gives me a sense of inner peace that, quite frankly, I cannot get from a PC-to-HDTV setup...or really just an HDTV in general.

It feels more meaningful to me and that's something I cannot be convinced to think otherwise, regardless of how low-tech or outdated it feels. With that considered, I'm more than likely not making an argument to say PC is better or worse; just that consoles, coupled with an older setup, make me feel like the games I play are played for easing my troubles and finding a reasonable amount of solace from whatever is troubling me at the time.

I kind of get what you mean.

For Example when I play older games, Like Mario/Sonic/Castlevania/Old Zelda/Alex Kidd/Final Fantasties etc etc I like to play on old console its self and an old TV.

However choice between X1,Ps4,Wii U theres no way you wouldn't play the games in HD. In some games made for HD you cant even play it properly. In GTA4 you can barley read your phone in SD.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

I think it can be summed up to that gaming PCs have better performance which means games run and look better, are more responsive and precise, PCs have a lot more control/peripheral options and they are modular if you want to change/upgrade something, they initially costs more but games are cheaper and online gaming is free so it evens out some over the years. We don't need an entire essay that no one bothers to read.
And some people will always prefer game consoles for their ease of use and great exclusives. Personally I think you should get at least one next-gen console and a gaming pc, if you can afford it. If you only can afford one option, it's mostly a matter of personal preferences.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 THE_DRUGGIE

@thehig1 said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@thehig1 said:

@FastRobby said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:
@FastRobby said:

I remember.

I kind of get what you mean.

For Example when I play older games, Like Mario/Sonic/Castlevania/Old Zelda/Alex Kidd/Final Fantasties etc etc I like to play on old console its self and an old TV.

However choice between X1,Ps4,Wii U theres no way you wouldn't play the games in HD. In some games made for HD you cant even play it properly. In GTA4 you can barley read your phone in SD.

Ehh, I wouldn't discount CRTs entirely for newer games. I think it adds a bit of atmosphere to horror games, especially when you use a coax connection that can cause a little bit of snow to appear on the screen sometimes; I think that horror games are honestly less scary on a HDTV due to this; makes the imagery far too clear and thus nerfs the mysterious component of horror.

I like the fact that some games do actually support CRTs (Vanquish outright had an SDTV mode, for example), but I do agree that the teeny-tiny eyestrain-o text is annoying. Still, I think the warm feeling from a CRT is more important so I can either deal with it or just dig into my old game collection.

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

@tormentos said:

PC is better.

No games are not super cheap,and there is a used sales market that doesn't basically exist on PC.

Consoles have the advantage or playing even the most demanding games that come to PC,like Crysis 3 even in water down form,something that some old GPU just can't do.

yeh a 1950 pro only has shader model 3 while a 4850 has shader model 4 while their both ancient in hardware terms, some games require a graphics card that can run a shadermodel so yeh a 1950 pro is crapped on because of shader model not raw horsepower, though its better than the ps3 gpu but also the old 4850 will play the same game and their both cheap as chips, got one of each lying around and no point selling id give them away :)

infact you can mod some games to remove the shadermodel effects for older cards and can then play them at a decent fps, its just console devs will work around the shadermodel and only do what the card can, then u get same game on pc and it cant run it because the shader model is wrong so the game wont even boot though the pc has more horsepower lol

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By BldgIrsh

@smashed_pinata said:

I don't know how to format all the quotes in but each bullet point is a number starting with the top of the list:

1) Does NOT work with any TV or monitor: if you have an old tv like mine. So, you don't enjoy HDMI yet. 0_o

2) Agreed

3) Agreed, although Steam annoys the hell out of me Ok.

4) Better online services? How so? Consoles online has worked perfectly for me Doesn't go down for maintenance, or get hacked for a month. (PS3)

5) Localized multi? OK if i go to a fucking LAN center sure; we are talking about home use. Console wins in that regard, cant have people over unless they bring their PC's with them ( Hassle) Fine.

6) Yes using a modern GPU that will be is fantastic, but expensive when its half the price of a console.

7) Agreed

8) You can NOT build a PC that is better than my WiiU for 250$ (which is what i payed for mine) Ahh, now I am beginning to understand.

9) PC games are not less expensive, they cost the same as console games in my area (small town in Canada) Digital or retail?

10) Better rated games? Seeing as how the top 3 spots on Metacritic are NOT PC games this point does NOT apply even though you can play them on PC with ILLEGAL downloads ( unless you own a copy already; which means why would you want to anyways, just play it on the one you have) Overall... not top 3 <.<

11) Agreed

12) Having no Barrier means no filter, meaning lots of crap games being made Thus, having good games being made. Recent example Divinity: Original Sins

13) I can play those on my IPhone, don't need a PC but it is a plus i guess

14) Agreed

15) Can emulate illegally which is something that i do not want to do Ya, don't approve of emulating as an positive either.

16) Agreed

17) You can repair consoles too if you had the knowledge: just like you'd need the knowledge on how to repair a PC. Hassle/Voids warranty.

18) Yea upgradeable but that costs lots of money; i would rather buy a console ONCE and then have it play ALL my games equally well for it's whole lifespan than be constantly paying for upgrades. Costs more initially saves more in the long run. (Doesn't apply to the Wii U system.)

19) Agreed

20) Higher details? Sure if you want to spend the money So... agreed?

21) It is NOT cheaper than my console (WiiU) so this point is also false to me Can't argue with that.

As you can see, i have put a large dent into a fair share of your reasons. To me objectively, a PC is NOT the superior platform. That's perfectly fine. Thanks for stating your opinion, and not just shouting foul like some other posters.

Overall I value your view of it.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 thehig1

@THE_DRUGGIE: I use a projector for horror games. I played outlast with headphones volume max and an 80 inch picture projected on to my wall(makeshift projection area) it was terrifying.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

PC doesn't have the games I like. PC doesn't have the convenience I like. /thread

Learn what objective means.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I just want to pop my game in and play. PC I have to make sure I have the right parts and check if my PC can handle the game I want. If it doesint then I have to get said parts or I have to lower my resolution and such to make the game run which could end up looking worse and not what I was expecting. I honestly dont want to deal with any of that. Not saying PC gaming sucks I just dont wanna deal with the hassle.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Zen_Light said:

Quiet peasant.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

Consoles superior games

Don't lie:

He stated PC has superior games, and cited metacritic. He could also cite gamespot.

PC has more aaa and aa (8.0+) scoring games at both sites.

To be fair hasint PC gaming been around way longer thus having a bigger chance of having more AAA and AA?

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 THE_DRUGGIE

@thehig1 said:

@THE_DRUGGIE: I use a projector for horror games. I played outlast with headphones volume max and an 80 inch picture projected on to my wall(makeshift projection area) it was terrifying.

Aw man, I wish I had the money to do something like that - being a grad school student is kinda bleak financially. I'd see if I could get a slightly tattered screen to project on so I could get some hiccups in the depth of field for extra anxiety, while also trying to replicate that snowy coax effect. Of course, I'd need the money for that...

Still though, that's a pretty neat idea.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 thehig1

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

@thehig1 said:

Aw man, I wish I had the money to do something like that - being a grad school student is kinda bleak financially. I'd see if I could get a slightly tattered screen to project on so I could get some hiccups in the depth of field for extra anxiety, while also trying to replicate that snowy coax effect. Of course, I'd need the money for that...

I'm now 27 still no kids so im enjoying spending a decent amount of my earnings on gaming for now. Although the projector I got was pretty cheap from ebay only £40

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

Consoles superior games

Don't lie:

He stated PC has superior games, and cited metacritic. He could also cite gamespot.

PC has more aaa and aa (8.0+) scoring games at both sites.

To be fair hasint PC gaming been around way longer thus having a bigger chance of having more AAA and AA?

That's counting within one console gen. Not the entire PC catalog of games

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 smashed_pinata

@bldgirsh: Here i was thinking id get flamed to all hell and back from my post...

Thanks for the polite response :P

But don't get me wrong i Love PC gaming too :D

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Zen_Light said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Zen_Light said:

Learn to suck some penis.

Wow you are gay.

Wow you're a loser.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By THE_DRUGGIE
@thehig1 said:

@THE_DRUGGIE said:

@thehig1 said:

I'm now 27 still no kids so im enjoying spending a decent amount of my earnings on gaming for now. Although the projector I got was pretty cheap from ebay only £40

That's still a good chunk of change that I could be using on food.

...did I mention my field isn't exactly lucrative? I enjoy the field, working in it and such, but library/information science is a bit of a drag financially, even at the master's level. I guess I can count myself lucky that I have a thing for older games anyway - you can get plenty for the amount a new game costs.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 BldgIrsh

@smashed_pinata said:

@bldgirsh: Here i was thinking id get flamed to all hell and back from my post...

Thanks for the polite response :P

But don't get me wrong i Love PC gaming too :D

No problem. :) Hopefully you don't get flamed later on for the post by someone else...

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 thehig1

@finalfantasy94 said:

I just want to pop my game in and play. PC I have to make sure I have the right parts and check if my PC can handle the game I want. If it doesint then I have to get said parts or I have to lower my resolution and such to make the game run which could end up looking worse and not what I was expecting. I honestly dont want to deal with any of that. Not saying PC gaming sucks I just dont wanna deal with the hassle.

If you buy a PC with decent specs, theres not really any hassle. You dont even have to pop in a game, or go the store to buy one. Just download from the site of choice and play.

Most new games automatically select the settings best suited to your system.

Lets say you bought Thief for the X1 and I bought it for PC, and we both tried to install and play it at the same time. I'd be playing it a good hour or two before you.

Point is, PC gaming is no were near the hassle console gamers think it is.