The PC is the objectively superior gaming platform.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4431 posts) -

dumper and dumper

#152 Edited by lostrib (34471 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Zen_Light said:

PC doesn't have the games I like. PC doesn't have the convenience I like. /thread

Learn what objective means.

Quiet peasant.

lol

#153 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Zen_Light said:

PC doesn't have the games I like. PC doesn't have the convenience I like. /thread

Quiet peasant.

lol

look at these 2 plebians. Do not speak to me unless I say.

#155 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

This is a well done topic. Love how people can't argue against it.

#156 Edited by lostrib (34471 posts) -

@lostrib said:

lol

Careful Jankar, if you get too upset you might get this thread deleted as well

#157 Posted by mikhail (1122 posts) -

Console is better than PC because...reasons. Uhm....uh....Last of Us! Yeah...uhh random insult!

#158 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26344 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

I just want to pop my game in and play. PC I have to make sure I have the right parts and check if my PC can handle the game I want. If it doesint then I have to get said parts or I have to lower my resolution and such to make the game run which could end up looking worse and not what I was expecting. I honestly dont want to deal with any of that. Not saying PC gaming sucks I just dont wanna deal with the hassle.

If you buy a PC with decent specs, theres not really any hassle. You dont even have to pop in a game, or go the store to buy one. Just download from the site of choice and play.

Most new games automatically select the settings best suited to your system.

Lets say you bought Thief for the X1 and I bought it for PC, and we both tried to install and play it at the same time. I'd be playing it a good hour or two before you.

Point is, PC gaming is no were near the hassle console gamers think it is.

From personal experiance Iv tried before and I found it to be a hassle. Again your going by if I have decent specs even then end of the day your version might run and look better then mine and for me to match yours I would have to go out and get some new parts. I dont want to deal with such things.

#159 Edited by inb4uall (5351 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Zen_Light said:

Quiet peasant.

lol

lol wut?

#160 Posted by lostrib (34471 posts) -
#161 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24961 posts) -
@thehig1 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

I just want to pop my game in and play. PC I have to make sure I have the right parts and check if my PC can handle the game I want. If it doesint then I have to get said parts or I have to lower my resolution and such to make the game run which could end up looking worse and not what I was expecting. I honestly dont want to deal with any of that. Not saying PC gaming sucks I just dont wanna deal with the hassle.

If you buy a PC with decent specs, theres not really any hassle. You dont even have to pop in a game, or go the store to buy one. Just download from the site of choice and play.

Lets say you bought Thief for the X1 and I bought it for PC, and we both tried to install and play it at the same time. I'd be playing it a good hour or two before you.

It's a heaven or hell scenario, honestly.

Trying to get Fallout 3 to work on a Windows 7 PC was simply a technical hazard - and don't even get me started on GTAIV on a Windows 8 PC.

#162 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

Its okay Jankarcop is gonna take a short nap for now.

#163 Posted by lostrib (34471 posts) -

Its okay Jankarcop is gonna take a short nap for now.

Lol, that didn't take long.

#164 Posted by commonfate (12252 posts) -

@mikhail said:

@shadowchronicle said:

Console is better than PC because...reasons. Uhm....uh....Last of Us! Yeah...uhh random insult!

At least those people are articulating original thoughts.

#165 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

didn't read lol

Yeah me either and I am a PC gamer.

#166 Edited by mikhail (1122 posts) -

@commonfate: I wrote 90% of the original Reddit guide, dude. They are original.

#167 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1367 posts) -

ALL the best games are console exclusives. PC will forever be 4th place because of that.

#168 Posted by commonfate (12252 posts) -

@mikhail said:

@commonfate: I wrote 90% of the original Reddit guide, dude. They are original.

lol

#169 Posted by blangenakker (2225 posts) -

I just... can't care about this stuff anymore *dies*

#170 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1399 posts) -

ALL the best games are console exclusives. PC will forever be 4th place because of that.

GS and Metacritic says otherwise. Why should I trust you instead of them?

#171 Posted by commonfate (12252 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

Why should you trust either?

#172 Edited by lostrib (34471 posts) -

well that's not even close to true

#173 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1399 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

Good point.

#174 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26344 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

you trust metacritic? Im not picking sides between the whole console and pc debate stuff but metactitic is one the BIGGEST POS rating systems iv ever seen.

#175 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1367 posts) -

@commonfate said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

Good point.

MMOs and RTS games don't count, and half life is 10 years old and a multiplat. how long you going to try and live off that?

#176 Edited by BldgIrsh (1615 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@commonfate said:

Good point.

MMOs and RTS games don't count, and half life is 10 years old and a multiplat. how long you going to try and live off that?

You know it's sad when a consolite has to ban certain genres to support their argument.

#177 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1367 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@commonfate said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

Good point.

You know it's sad when a consolite has to ban certain genres to support their argument.

its sad when a hermit gets tricked into thinking those are actual genres worthy of your time.

#178 Edited by lostrib (34471 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

its sad when a hermit gets tricked into thinking those are actual genres worthy of your time.

#179 Posted by BldgIrsh (1615 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames: Fix quote chain pl0x. I know it's hard to do such commands on the console but, it's the rules.

#181 Edited by lostrib (34471 posts) -
#182 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

Shadow warrior released last year as PC exclusive. just saying.

#183 Edited by illage2 (370 posts) -

This is the guide which was copied http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

I do enjoy console gaming, but there's denying that PC is the better platform for gaming, because games can do a lot more on PC. If I wanted extra content I could mods completly free of charge, playing Skyrim on PC with mods was such a better experience than I what I had with the vanilla game on console.

Honestly if you can game on PC instead, its cheaper and better.

#184 Posted by santoron (7692 posts) -

Of course PC is the best platform. No serious objection has been raised to that in years around here, at least since the explosion of multiplats last gen brought most of the AAA franchises that had wandered flowing back to the platform.

The PC is a platform that can give you more access to gaming and performance than any other if you put more into it - whether that "it" is time, money, knowledge, ect. We're generally the kind of gamers that are willing to put more "everything" into gaming, so we gravitate to PC at least to some extent. Most SWers identify as PC gamers in some capacity.

It's not the best the best plug and play platform, it's not the most kid friendly, it's not the cheapest "christmas present", and it's not the best option for gaming locally with friends. All these (and some others) are fair reasons to add a console to your collection, or in some instances to select a console first. I think it's fair to say most of our primarily PC gamers play on some console or handheld too.

The "PC versus Consoles" eternal debate that generates a few thousand posts here each week is one of the biggest farces going. It's more about trolling the few teenagers on each side that have gone overboard than any serious argument. Not that there's anything wrong with that - silly fights are what this place is founded on.

#185 Edited by watchdogsrules (334 posts) -

@mikhail: i will admit, pc gamers have an advantage because theres no such thing as a year when PC is going to be discontinued but i would pick a console over a PC ANY day.

#186 Edited by PapaTrop (489 posts) -

@finalfantasy94 said:

@thehig1 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

From personal experiance Iv tried before and I found it to be a hassle. Again your going by if I have decent specs even then end of the day your version might run and look better then mine and for me to match yours I would have to go out and get some new parts. I dont want to deal with such things.

I have never made sure I have the right parts in my PC, and I don't even have a high-end computer. It was mid-range 5 years ago, and I'm still enjoying games on it. Once you've played a couple games on a computer you'll have a feel for what it can handle. I'm thinking I'll upgrade next year because I know I can't max The Witcher 2 (but it's way more playable than the 360 version), and The Witcher 3 is coming out. The day I upgrade it'll probably be another 5 years until I think about it again. Perhaps even longer depending on how long the PS4 and Xbox One last.

That's something you might worry about for the first week after building your first PC. Then it ceases to be a thought. Especially nowadays when even a mid-range card is overkill for 99.9999% of titles. We aren't in the 90s anymore. Plus, like that guy said, most any modern title automatically configures to the best performance for your computer. That's another thing I don't think I've worried about ever.

And why would you care if someone else's version runs better than yours? PC gaming isn't a constant struggle to have what your neighbor has. You just buy what you need, and then you don't worry about it for 3-5 years. At least that's what I, and most other PC gamers do. Not sure why that's even something you'd think to worry about.

Totally worth getting into PC gaming even if it's more initial hassle of which there's practically none. I mean.... The library of games just absolutely dwarfs every other system combined, and you can get access to it for the cost of....... a PS4/Xbox One and a few years of............paying for online.......

#187 Edited by jg4xchamp (47340 posts) -

"Objective" and "superior" are mutually exclusive terms.

What kind of ass rape of the English language is this.

Yes you absolutely can be objectively superior at the same time. Cars for instance: horse power. The car with more horse power objectively is superior in horse power.

If we're talking fallacies, then yes "superior gaming platform" is a subjective term that would not fit an objective criteria. The other shit he wrote aren't debateable. Those are things the PC does better from an objective standpoint. Objectively superior in those departments. The headline may be mutually exclusive, but the argument itself? rock solid.

#188 Posted by Bigboi500 (29342 posts) -

Sure. What's there to discuss, exactly?

#189 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@Zen_Light said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Zen_Light said:

Learn to suck some penis.

Wow you are gay.

Wow you're a loser.

what the hell? siriuslee?

#190 Posted by tormentos (17109 posts) -

Yet, cows spend their entire time bitching and complaining about how the xbone has teh watered down version. So, are you admiting cows really don't honestly care about resolution and frame rates? Because it's already pretty obvious.

No they are not many games are $60 just like on consoles,but on consoles you can buy used games and there is a market for that.

Yeah because Paying more to get more,is the as paying more to get less or paying the same to get less,and the argument about water down goes against PC the 7800GTX was a $500 dollars GPU non 2005,yet it can't play Crysis 3 which the PS3 and xbox 360 can play,worse the PS3 has a cut down version of the 7800GTX.

Would you pay $170 for an R250X when you can buy an R270 for the same price.?

Now this ^^ isn't the same as would you pay $190 for an R280 over a R270.

You will not see the difference because you are a sad lemming who hides on PC.

Except they cost the same and the differences are minimal. I've tested them on my own pc. Atleast the current ones. In 2013, it did seem we where going to get a massiv difference, but it got smaller, ironically. But i did misread a part there.

But my point stand. Cows are bitching about the xbone not doing 1080p, when the Playstation hasn't hit for years. 60fps is the same. But now that it gets an upgrade, it matter alot. Better yet, when the PS4 failed to keep 1080p/60fps on BF4, i remember tons of backtracking.

Up to 30FPS more is minimal.? 720p vs 1080p is minimal how.?

Why would any one even at the same price chose an xbox one,when less capable hardware and with less games as well,because if it was like the PS2 well you may say you don't get a PS2 you miss some of the best games ever made,but on xbox one is has basically nothing.

BF4 is a great example 900p on PS4 720p on xbox one,10FPS faster on PS4 according to you that is some how small..lol

You know that an R9 270 drops under PS4 performance on intense scenes in BF4 is the resolution is 1080p.? It actually drop like 8 or 10 FPS under the PS4,so yeah maybe you know why the game is 900p on PS4.

#191 Posted by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

@lostrib said:

@inb4uall said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Zen_Light said:

Quiet peasant.

lol

lol wut?

amazing turn of events.

#192 Posted by Cranler (8726 posts) -

The ultimate cheapskate way for the enthusiast gamer would be to build a pc. For the price of xbone and PS4 and online sub you could even get a prebuilt that should last for 5 years.

Most of the must have console titles are sp focused. So if a pc gamer wants to play Last of Us for example he could simply buy PS 4 and game. Easily beat the game in under 2 weeks. Return PS 4 and trade in LOU for store credit toward pc dd through Gamestop who happens to be having a summer sale.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/pc/games?nav=28-xu0,138c-ffff2418

#193 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

Agree OP.

PC rocks. Nobody (rational) goes from PC -> console, only the other way around.

I went from PC to console. I was playing PC games in 1980-82. Playing games on my Atari 800. Also played games on the TRS-80, Apple PC and Commadore 64. I didn't start playing consoles until 1982 with the Atari 2600 and then the NES. I was still playing PC games until 1989 when the Genesis launched. I know several people who started playing PC games first and then switched to game consoles.

#194 Posted by handssss (1822 posts) -

@Cranler said:

The ultimate cheapskate way for the enthusiast gamer would be to build a pc. For the price of xbone and PS4 and online sub you could even get a prebuilt that should last for 5 years.

Most of the must have console titles are sp focused. So if a pc gamer wants to play Last of Us for example he could simply buy PS 4 and game. Easily beat the game in under 2 weeks. Return PS 4 and trade in LOU for store credit toward pc dd through Gamestop who happens to be having a summer sale.

but then you'd be missing out on its multiplayer.

#195 Posted by 7MDMA (281 posts) -

@Cranler said:

Agree with this post. Speaking from the perspective of primarily a PC Gamer, linear scripted games like UC2 and TLOU dont offer enough incentive to outright own a console. There are a multitude of ways to play those games without doing so and they lack any real longevity.

If X1 or PS4 had a sandbox, open world game type of game like Skyrim or Fallout New Vegas then there would actually be value in time and money buying a console to play that kind of exclusive. If a game like GTA5 was exclusive to a specific console then that's a bonafide killer exclusive.

#196 Edited by ChristianGmr14 (155 posts) -

As someone who games on both consoles and PC, I feel that I have more insight here than most people commenting.

It depends on how one defines "better." In a nutshell:

If you're looking for a more customizable and (potentially) more powerful gaming experience, then PC is the better platform for you. (I say potentially because it really depends on how much you're willing to invest and how often you upgrade)

If you're looking for a more convenient and more efficient gaming experience, then consoles are the better platform for you.

Both platforms have their pros and cons, I know the fanboys will never admit to this but regardless just go with the gaming experience you enjoy and offers the games you're most interested in.

Personally, I lean more towards consoles because I find them to have better exclusives. No PC exclusive can offer the experiences of Uncharted, Smash Bros, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Mario, Halo, Zelda, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous etc....Most PC exclusives I find tend to be rather low budget and gimmicky. I also prefer multiplayer gaming on consoles as it's more balanced and skill based as nobody has a system advantage, on PC it really all depends who has the best hardware.

#197 Posted by commonfate (12252 posts) -
I also prefer multiplayer gaming on consoles as it's more balanced and skill based as nobody has a system advantage, on PC it really all depends who has the best hardware.

Better sound detection through headset = advantage on consoles

Having better hardware does make the player perform to his/her full potential but it's hardly indicative of who will win. I'd stand no chance against truly better Dota 2, starcraft, w/e else players even if they were using a laptop with a crappy touchpad and I'm all decked out in high-end Razor gear.

#198 Edited by Cobra_nVidia (1445 posts) -
@christiangmr14 said:

As someone who games on both consoles and PC, I feel that I have more insight here than most people commenting.

It depends on how one defines "better." In a nutshell:

If you're looking for a more customizable and (potentially) more powerful gaming experience, then PC is the better platform for you. (I say potentially because it really depends on how much you're willing to invest and how often you upgrade)

If you're looking for a more convenient and more efficient gaming experience, then consoles are the better platform for you.

Both platforms have their pros and cons, I know the fanboys will never admit to this but regardless just go with the gaming experience you enjoy and offers the games your most interested in.

Personally, I lean more towards consoles because I find them to have better exclusives. No PC exclusive can offer the experiences of Uncharted, Smash Bros, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Mario, Halo, Zelda, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous etc....Most PC exclusives I find tend to be rather low budget and gimmicky. I also prefer multiplayer gaming on consoles as it's more balanced and skill based as nobody has a system advantage, on PC it really all depends who has the best hardware.

You think you have a "more insight" than all the other gamers who own both consoles and PCs?

You don't. You also don't appear to know what "gimmicky" means. Or skill based.

#199 Posted by Suppaman100 (3772 posts) -

Well if you like moba and indie crap then sure PC is for you.

And lol at the gphx argument, it depends on your rig and going by the steam survey, PS4 is stronger than most PC's used for gaming. (relatively speaking of course)

Also it's a stupid debate since PC has an open infrastructure and a console is a closed system. That's why nobody really cares about PC in system wars, it has always been about consoles.

#200 Posted by BldgIrsh (1615 posts) -

@Suppaman100:

- lol PC only haz indies and MOBA's

- lol steam survey

- PC no fair compared to consoles wahhh

Thank you for making SW's fun.