The PC is the objectively superior gaming platform.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#501 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus: He's worst than himself?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#502  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@jimmy_russell said:

After the PC sales of GTA5 come in, I think we can easily compare them with the console market, and we'll see that console game revenues are substantially higher than that of the PC games market.

You moved his goal posts to only be about "big budget multiplat comparisons" (without citation), even though he was talking about the entire game revenue market.

GTA V came up when someone linked an article where the author makes biased comparisons like the sales between Diablo 3 and Last of Us.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/04/28/as-global-pc-game-revenue-surpasses-consoles-how-long-should-console-makers-keep-fighting/

Congrats. But the console market is not substantially higher than the PC games market, as the links prove.

Please stay on topic and learn to read quote chains better. Jimmy was disproven.

When did i say it was?

Looks like you're the one not reading the entire thread.

Having a bigger market doesn't automatically mean higher individual game sales. The author compare the fastest selling pc game to date vs a console game that simply sold better than average. A fair article would compare Diablo 3 to GTA V as well as many other console games that sold faster than Diablo 3. PC gaming has a relatively small section of people who actually buy multiplats.

I know it is pointless to discuss anything with you and this thread will go on for 12 more pages full of non-sense discussion but WOW made more money than any console game ever , in history (At least one billion USD every year) . Then there is huge number of digital sales that companies normally don't share . There is also no one to take his share because no one owns PC . There are more factors than just retail units being shipped .

PC games may not sell as fast as console games do in the beginning but they continue to sell for decades , thanks to backward compatibility . And you are comparing 2 consoles against single platform and comparing actual sales with units shipped worldwide .

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#503 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Dasein808 said:
@Cranler said:

Typical troll can't provide a counterpoint so he resorts to an insult thread. Reminds me of when we had that debate a few weeks ago. I kept making relevant points and backed them up while all you did was make troll posts.

The counterpoints have already been made by others.

Try reading.

You were already buried in a landslide of dissent.

I have no stake in this thread because all of your points have already been refuted by others in the same way that I already wrecked every distorted troll argument you've ever offered. (i.e. 360 with a 250GB HDD comparison when 360's didn't have that option till 2010)

Go flog yourself, peasant.

I can't be bothered.

I destroyed every counterpoint that was made.

A landslide of troll posts that add nothing to the discussion.

If I remember correctly you had a 20gb hdd in your build. Are you fucking kidding me? LMFAO!

Can pc run games off the dvd drive?

How many games could you fit on that?

GTA 4 takes 16gb and Max Payne 3 wouldn't even fit on that hdd.

That's the problem with you hermit trolls in a nutshell, you make thoughtless comparisons. The 360 had a 20 gb hdd so a comparable pc should have a 20gb hdd. DERP! Apples and oranges dude.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#505  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Right, this topic is going nowhere, and discussion has become completely circular and pointless.

TC, the thread is fine and feel free to make it again if you wish to. But this thread is clearly toxic for any kind of discussion or debate.