SW: Mobile Wars - HTC Droid DNA - 5" 1920x1080 display - Snapdragon S4 Pro

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 0

#3001 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

Do you know if any apps might let you have the Android version for free if you already bought the iOS version? Is that a thing? I don't really want to buy my $10 crossword app again.

Cherokee_Jack

I dont really think thats possible....

Aw. Serves me right for investing in iOS I suppose.

Maybe you can try contacting the dev and see if they can do something for you.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3002 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

3000+ posts!

This thread has more posts than the iOS board in half the amount of time.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#3003 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

This thread has more posts than the iOS board in half the amount of time.NVIDIATI

And half the posts on that board are guerrilla marketing for iOS games.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3004 Gambler_3

So its been almost 2 months and as I speculated when iphone 5 was announced, most apps still havent been updated for the iphone 5 screen and people are getting really upset for it.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/11/op-ed-where-are-all-the-iphone-5-app-updates/

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1488589

So this is the so called best developer support??? :lol::lol:

The "best" ecosystem that gets scared of every new resolution added? Seems to me like a huge flaw in the way apple designed iOS, a huge lack of foresight.

No seriously what is up now apple fanboys? You talk about the most pristine and optimized apps what is this? Black bars are like the ugliest thing I can never play games on my PC in windowed mode because it just looks weird and ugly.

The nexus 4 is also sporting a new resolution but guess what?? No problem at all with apps. Ya thats what I'll call the best ecosystem.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3005 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

Wow. 440ppi. That's more than Apple's retina display by a long shot.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3006 Gambler_3

Apple's mobile industry profit has been reduced to 60% with samsung now having 39% of all profits.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-and-Samsung-now-account-for-99-of-mobile-profits_id36619

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3009 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Uh oh. Looks like Samsung is putting the squeeze to Apple by hiking their processor prices by 20%

"Samsung has increased the price of manufacturing Apple's application processor by nearly 20 percent. The Korean daily notes that this is the first time Samsung has sought to increase pricing on the processors that go inside Apple's mobile devices, and that Apple, faced with a lack of alternatives, has accepted Samsung's demands."

I wonder if Apple will try to offset the added cost by hiking prices a tad on the end user.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

The_Game21x
Make sure to read carefully. That wasn't confirmed. An official spokesperson has spoken with another paper in South Korea to inform them that the report is incorrect, and that changing prices is truly challenging.

Here's something compelling to think about -- Apple and Microsoft could make 600% more from Android than Google in 2013. The article cites the reasons why, and erroniously claims (in SW fashion) that Android is "winning" the smartphone wars, despite Apple claiming upwards of 77% of the industry's profits with only ~5% of the industry's sales as recently as the middle of August.

Apple also announced the end of patent disputes with HTC, covering a settlement that nets Apple ~8USD per HTC phone sold. Many expect this to be a blueprint for similar settlements with Samsung and Motorola (Googlerola), but initial reports indicate Samsung has no intent to settle, and thus would rather pay out billion dollar checks to Apple on top of legal fees instead.

Lot happening in the mobile realm.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3010 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Up to April of this year {Google's} made perhaps three times as much on iOS phones and tablets as it has on its own Android devices (perhaps less now with iOS 6 and no Google Maps), mobile ad revenues are rising across the board, and the amount it makes on each Android device recurs every single year.VentureBeat

More than one person predicted that Google would "rue the day" they decided to compete with instead of cooperate with Apple. Even today, Google nets more revenue on iOS than on Android.

Imagine how profitable Google would have been had they been devoting Android development time to iOS ads, maps, and other services. It's too bad for all of us that we were denied this possibility, and are now faced with a company who's business practices are contrary to their motto, as evidenced not only by their actions but also by the fact that those very practices are likely going to get them sued by government agencies.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3011 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

A little late (1 day), but here's Brian Klug (Anandtech)'s review of the Nexus 4. Link

Nexus-4-10-4581_575px.jpg