SW: Mobile Wars - HTC Droid DNA - 5" 1920x1080 display - Snapdragon S4 Pro

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2851 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"] When you can get an X86 Clover Trail Windows 8 tablet for the same price, the iPad 4th gen loses a lot of its value.

MBirdy88

can you actually install apps for laptops and desktops on a win 8 tab? otherwise a lot of reviewers have been saying that the app store is very lacking....

That is the downside.... ofcourse its empty now it only just came out :P

Again, this is only a problem for Windows RT. The x86 version of Windows (Windows 8) can run anything your desktop or laptop can.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2852 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

When you can get an X86 Clover Trail Windows 8 tablet for the same price, the iPad 4th gen loses a lot of its value.

NVIDIATI

can you actually install apps for laptops and desktops on a win 8 tab? otherwise a lot of reviewers have been saying that the app store is very lacking....

Yes, Windows 8 (x86) is the same as on your desktop or laptop.

Windows RT is the ARM version that can't run x86 software.

I don't understand why they were complaining then. There is a crap ton of windows applications.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#2853 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

Like which tablet?

NVIDIATI

The Acer W510 32GB is only $499. It uses Windows 8 on an Intel Atom (Clover Trail) and gets a ~9 hour battery life.

Acer Iconia W510 preview as Acer moves into the Windows 8 era, it returns to its netbook roots

Acer has a pretty poor reputation for build quality and a cluttered portfolio that is too much for an average user to "research" and buy the "right" product for them. When I said that the ipad 4 isnt a bad product I meant that in the apple product range its actually pretty good, ofcourse I myself would never buy an ipad.

And the acer has a 720p screen so its not offering more hardware for the same price. Will any PC games run well on that chipset? I really doubt. Tablets are used very extensively for gaming more so than smartphones.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2854 Gambler_3

gsmarena_001.jpg

So last quarter only samsung, ASUS and amazon had growth in tablet market where surprisingly samsung had the biggest growth.

And its absolutely the most ridiculous thing to say that anticipation for the ipad 4 slowed down ipad 3 sales. Nobody had even a rumour suggesting that there would be an ipad 4 sooner than expected. :|

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2855 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

And its absolutely the most ridiculous thing to say that anticipation for the ipad 4 slowed down ipad 3 sales. Nobody had even a rumour suggesting that there would be an ipad 4 sooner than expected. :|

Gambler_3
Actually there were rumblings of an updated iPad to go along with the iPad Mini.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2856 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

musicalmac

Actually there were rumblings of an updated iPad to go along with the iPad Mini.

but that alone didn't cause a 10% drop in market share. The more logical answer is that samsung and Asus are simply picking up steam in the tablet market. Their increase in market share had to come from somewhere. It looks like it came from apples market share.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2857 musicalmac  Moderator

but that alone didn't cause a 10% drop in market share. The more logical answer is that samsung and Asus are simply picking up steam in the tablet market. Their increase in market share had to come from somewhere. It looks like it came from apples market share.

Jonwh18
I wasn't remarking on the marketshare swap, just that there were indeed rumors of an updated iPad with a lightning port and an A6 variant.

Apple's not as concerned with market share as they are with profit, and in that respect, business for Apple continues to be good. There are more "lowest common denominators" out there than there are premium Apple consumers.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2858 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I'm still waiting for the Ubuntu phone. Looks so cool.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2859 Jonwh18
[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

musicalmac
I wasn't remarking on the marketshare swap, just that there were indeed rumors of an updated iPad with a lightning port and an A6 variant.

Apple's not as concerned with market share as they are with profit, and in that respect, business for Apple continues to be good. There are more "lowest common denominators" out there than there are premium Apple consumers.

Ohh :P
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2860 musicalmac  Moderator
Sources at Google familiar with its mapping plans say they are not optimistic that Apple will ever approve a dedicated Google Maps iOS app. Though the app is reportedly in development and should be ready to ship by the end of the year, the sources say their plans are only proceeding in the unlikely event that Apple will choose to approve the app.The Guardian

Perhaps a hint of bitter regret. Apple approved Google's voice search, I think they may be a chance that Apple would approve Google's Maps app.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2861 Gambler_3

[quote="The Guardian"]Sources at Google familiar with its mapping plans say they are not optimistic that Apple will ever approve a dedicated Google Maps iOS app. Though the app is reportedly in development and should be ready to ship by the end of the year, the sources say their plans are only proceeding in the unlikely event that Apple will choose to approve the app.musicalmac

Perhaps a hint of bitter regret. Apple approved Google's voice search, I think they may be a chance that Apple would approve Google's Maps app.

Why would apple not approve it? Arent there other maps apps already on the iOS store?

And what is there to regret? :|

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2862 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

Apple's not as concerned with market share as they are with profit, and in that respect, business for Apple continues to be good.musicalmac
Hmm thats a little contradicting, a few months ago, you were claiming Apple Didn't value profit as much as it did customer satisfaction.... I really need to find that quote since you like your evidence...
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2863 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]
Apple's not as concerned with market share as they are with profit, and in that respect, business for Apple continues to be good.mystic_knight
Hmm thats a little contradicting, a few months ago, you were claiming Apple Didn't value profit as much as it did customer satisfaction.... I really need to find that quote since you like your evidence...

I didn't make any comments regarding customer service in the previous post.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2864 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]
Apple's not as concerned with market share as they are with profit, and in that respect, business for Apple continues to be good.musicalmac

I didn't make any comments regarding customer service in the previous post.

actually Apple has great customer service. You just have to be sure that you talk to apple and not their apple approved tech stores. I took my MBP into the apple store on campus because it not only had faulty ram and kernel panics, and some noob tightened the screw on the back panel too much when they were putting it back together, and not only did they not fix the kernel panics but they threads were stripped out of the screw holes. So I called CS because of the software problems and they hardware problems they caused by one of their approved store they gave me a new MBP.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2865 Gambler_3

So the galaxy note 1 is going to get the same multi-tasking as the note 2 with the jelly bean update.

http://www.gsmarena.com/new_jb_rom_for_samsung_galaxy_note_leaks_supports_multiview-news-5042.php

This is a very different approach samsung is taking here, previously only the newer phones get the new samsung features and all old phones just get the basic OS upgrade. Surely the muti window view is one of the selling points of the note 2 and giving it to the note 1 may delay some upgrades. But thats what makes this a great approach from samsung.

It would have been nice if the S2 got some of the S3 goodies as well but I suppose thats not gonna happen.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2866 musicalmac  Moderator

actually Apple has great customer service. You just have to be sure that you talk to apple and not their apple approved tech stores. I took my MBP into the apple store on campus because it not only had faulty ram and kernel panics, and some noob tightened the screw on the back panel too much when they were putting it back together, and not only did they not fix the kernel panics but they threads were stripped out of the screw holes. So I called CS because of the software problems and they hardware problems they caused by one of their approved store they gave me a new MBP.

Jonwh18
Apple ranks amongs the highest tech companies in customer service. The other user is commenting on a previous post, in which I stated Apple's primary focus is making great products. That is still the case, followed by profits, followed by market share.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2867 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

musicalmac
Apple ranks amongs the highest tech companies in customer service. The other user is commenting on a previous post, in which I stated Apple's primary focus is making great products. That is still the case, followed by profits, followed by market share.

Source? even people I talk to with mac products HATE going into stores to be ripped off when there is a problem. The whole Virus incident last year where customer service refused support against a really bad virus. and they ranked 3rd under HP and DELL computer-wise. Its not acer bad, but highest "tech" really?
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2868 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Source? even people I talk to with mac products HATE going into stores to be ripped off when there is a problem. The whole Virus incident last year where customer service refused support against a really bad virus. and they ranked 3rd under HP and DELL computer-wise. Its not acer bad, but highest "tech" really?

It's to the point of being conventional wisdom, which I have no problem questioning. So, to that end, here is that link via ZDNet.

In the eight years that Apple has led the PC industry in customer satisfaction, its stock price has increased by 2,300%. Apples winning combination of innovation and product diversificationincluding spinning off technologies into entirely new directionshas kept the company consistently at the leading edge.Claes Fornell

I linked the quote primarily to show Apple's customer support track record, and how it has been on top of the heap for the past 8 years. Even though this link is a year old, it still shows consistency on Apple's part to do the best they can for their customers.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2869 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Conversation on the subway:

Guy 1: Yo! Have you seen the NEW iPad Mini?
Guy 2: No...I haven't......
Guy 1: Oh man, it's so SICK!
Guy 2: Yeah?
Guy 1: Yeah!!!
Guy 2: @$!$!!!!
Guy 1: Yo it fits in your hands!
Guy 2: Oh yeah???... @$!$!

Guy 1: I'm soooo getting one, its sooo nice.
Guy 2: @$!$!!!!!
Guy 1: Yeah it's better than the iPad. It's faster and the touch screen is faster. The iPad is good but this one is better.
Guy 2: Yeah...and they have a Blackboard app.
Guy 1: Yeah man, I know.

--

Apple.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2870 Gambler_3

Guy 1: Yeah it's better than the iPad. It's faster and the touch screen is faster. The iPad is good but this one is better.

--

Apple.

Haziqonfire

:lol::lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2871 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

--

Apple.

Haziqonfire
Haha blackboard app, I cant laugh though, its not on windows phone :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2872 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

--

Apple.

Haziqonfire
The nativity of the common consumer continues to astound me.
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2873 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

--

Apple.

Haziqonfire
And I'm the one smiling in the back with my Nexus 7. =)
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2874 Jonwh18

--

Apple.

Haziqonfire

Why have you been stalking Mac? O.o

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2875 musicalmac  Moderator

Why have you been stalking Mac? O.o

Jonwh18
lol, I don't have much to say. Anecdotes usually don't grab my interest. Truthfully, I don't even understand that conversation. Positive spin -- at least he was excited, lulz.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2876 NVIDIATI

The Rogers version of the Lumia 920 is pentaband and comes factory unlocked. Link

NUSA-PP-CA-Image-Carousal-Images-01-png.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2877 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

DisplayMate small tablet shootout: Kindle Fire HD vs Nexus 7 vs iPad Mini

Kindle Fire HD places first, followed by the Nexus 7 and the iPad Mini takes the bronze.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2878 Jonwh18

DisplayMate small tablet shootout: Kindle Fire HD vs Nexus 7 vs iPad Mini

Kindle Fire HD places first, followed by the Nexus 7 and the iPad Mini takes the bronze.

The_Game21x

lol KF beats N7.... wuttttt?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#2879 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

android but in all honesty a phones a phone you use it to call people, so i really dont care about all those fancy smancy features your on about

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2880 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Just ordered an S3 from T-Mobile. :] Ought to be a pretty good step up from my iPod Touch 4G/cheap-ass flip phone combo.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2881 NVIDIATI

This is for the one BlackBerry fan :P

Crash Course: The things you need to know about the upcoming BlackBerry 10 operating system

BlackBerry 10

L Series and N Series:

BlackBerry 10 phones