So why do console fans hate PC gamers who can AFFORD a bleeding edge experience?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts

I mean, I love playing my games on a 120hz 1440p IPS monitor and wouldn't have it any other way. Yet enjoying an experience of this calibur makes their blood boil. Explain it to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

Jelly.

The only thing i do think is better is controls for very FEW games, only game i play the console version of is GTA SA, due to 360 controller only having a few buttons to map, the PC version does not pick up the 2nd analogue and Dpad, nor the triggers.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Pretty lazy troll topic but I'm not sure what else I expected nowadays.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Same way Nascar/Indy drivers are jelly of Formula 1 drivers. >.>
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

I mean, I love playing my games on a 120hz 1440p IPS monitor and wouldn't have it any other way. Yet enjoying an experience of this calibur makes their blood boil. Explain it to me.

dj_pulserfan
Hmm. You are on about a 27 inch monitor I take it, sitting at a desk to use your KB/M?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
[QUOTE="dj_pulserfan"]

Murderstyle75
Hmm. You are on about a 27 inch monitor I take it, sitting at a desk to use your KB/M?

Are you serious? I have an ASUS 1440p 60hz IPS lol.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

They are jelous and inferior beings.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

Jealousy.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Murderstyle75

Jankarcop
Or they just don't care and think his mentality is borderline unstable and outright, weird. Not like that so called "Bleeding Edge" experience is going to get him laid if anything. If anything, its going to prevent it. Well at least from anything that isn't AI. This right here could make his bleeding edge experience complete. http://www.gizmag.com/nsfw-review-realtouch-sex-toy-for-men/26804/
Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

I don't hate them at all. Doesn't matter to me what they've got. But it is quite annoying when they go around saying this game and that game is superior on PC. It's annoying because it isn't accurate. The game is superior on a few PCs. They almost never bother to add in that little detail.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

What monitor do you have? I only have 120hz at 1080p :P

OT: Jelly? That'd be the only reason. Those who say they don't care, care the most.

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WolfGrey
Member since 2004 • 3799 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Murderstyle75

Or they just don't care and think his mentality is borderline unstable and outright, weird. Not like that so called "Bleeding Edge" experience is going to get him laid if anything. If anything, its going to prevent it. Well at least from anything that isn't AI. This right here could make his bleeding edge experience complete. http://www.gizmag.com/nsfw-review-realtouch-sex-toy-for-men/26804/

Ya know...some of us have these things called jobs and this ability called budgeting...ever heard of it?

Thanks to that i have a nice rig and i play on a 40 inch HDTV. Though sometimes i switch to my monitor so that my gf who also has a job  and loves games can play on the ps3.

Some of us love playing on the edge of what a game can be. Don't you ever wish some of your favorite games could be more? Skyrim possibly being an example?

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
Because their parents cannot afford one?
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts
Still no GTA V :(
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WolfGrey

Still no GTA V :(heeweesRus

Meh it will come in time, like the rest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Murderstyle75

Or they just don't care and think his mentality is borderline unstable and outright, weird. Not like that so called "Bleeding Edge" experience is going to get him laid if anything. If anything, its going to prevent it. Well at least from anything that isn't AI. This right here could make his bleeding edge experience complete.

http://www.gizmag.com/nsfw-review-realtouch-sex-toy-for-men/26804/

This is a prime example of inferior people, not gamers, people.

You will continue to think we are like what you say, because you have no money to afford what we do, if you outright show us so much jealousy, why not get into what we do?

Bleeding edge?

A PC from 2-3 years ago gives you the bleeding edge experience in almost any game out there on PC, so i am not quite understanding your point.

And it is not just resolution either, i also do side with consoles when they actually make a difference, like GTA SA... where controls are much better.

But i still play the PS2 version on PC.

Less than 480p is a no go, and guess why i can do this? because i have a PC adequate enough to enjoy older games the way they were meant to be played.

Here is a comparison of the PC version to the PS2 version.

fb84.jpg

f8d5.png

I play the PS2 version for superior control, but the PC version is undoubtly god like in comparison with graphics.

This is the only time i stick up for a console version of a game.

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WolfGrey

Because their parents cannot afford one?dobzilian

I always find it funny as hell when people say that can't afford a PC.

Save 100 dollars a month for a year.

You can now afford a pretty decent custom rig that will last you quite a while and run everything on ultra. Now you can juust upgrade over time.

Or just get approved for a Best Buy card. 1000 limit for no credit. 18 months to pay off the first big purchase. Just by a nice tower off their site and work off that over the year.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Or they just don't care and think his mentality is borderline unstable and outright, weird. Not like that so called "Bleeding Edge" experience is going to get him laid if anything. If anything, its going to prevent it. Well at least from anything that isn't AI. This right here could make his bleeding edge experience complete. http://www.gizmag.com/nsfw-review-realtouch-sex-toy-for-men/26804/Murderstyle75

How can the graphics of a game prevent anyone from getting laid? You're as ignorant as the idiots who say the opposite of you.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
I'd like to point out...while there are some people who don't game on PC because they can't afford a good PC, there are also plenty of gamers who simply DON'T CARE. Can they afford it? Yes. Do they want to buy it? Hell no. It's the exact same reason why many people take pictures with $hitty cell phones even though they most certainly CAN afford a decent camera. It's the exact same reason why people listen to music with $hitty $10 earbuds even though they most certainly can afford some high quality headphones. Being affordable ain't even the whole issue. More to the point is, "yes, I can afford this, but is this something I care about? Kind of, but not really. This $hit is all dumb as hell anyway, so I'm just gonna go with the cheaper and/or easier alternative."
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

Ya know...some of us have these things called jobs and this ability called budgeting...ever heard of it?

Thanks to that i have a nice rig and i play on a 40 inch HDTV. Though sometimes i switch to my monitor so that my gf who also has a job  and loves games can play on the ps3.

Some of us love playing on the edge of what a game can be. Don't you ever wish some of your favorite games could be more? Skyrim possibly being an example?

WolfGrey

How can the graphics of a game prevent anyone from getting laid? You're as ignorant as the idiots who say the opposite of you.

You replied to the wrong guy mate.

I know, it's fixed. lol My bad, you responded too fast. :P
Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Because their parents cannot afford one?WolfGrey

You can now afford a pretty decent custom rig that will last you quite a while and run everything on ultra. Now you can juust upgrade over time.

Or just get approved for a Best Buy card. 1000 limit for no credit. 18 months to pay off the first big purchase. Just by a nice tower off their site and work off that over the year.

That's if you order all the components and build it yourself. Plenty of people don't want to be bothered with all of that.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Because their parents cannot afford one?WolfGrey

I'm seriously looking at a Gaming Rig as it will work on out in a year or 2 after purchasing it a whole lot cheaper than a PS4 and One. Cheaper Games, Higher quality exclusives, No Fee's for online... It all builds up in the end.

Sadly we have no Best Buy in the UK to my knowledge.

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WolfGrey

I'd like to point out...while there are some people who don't game on PC because they can't afford a good PC, there are also plenty of gamers who simply DON'T CARE. Can they afford it? Yes. Do they want to buy it? Hell no. It's the exact same reason why many people take pictures with $hitty cell phones even though they most certainly CAN afford a decent camera. It's the exact same reason why people listen to music with $hitty $10 earbuds even though they most certainly can afford some high quality headphones. Being affordable ain't even the whole issue. More to the point is, "yes, I can afford this, but is this something I care about? Kind of, but not really. This $hit is all dumb as hell anyway, so I'm just gonna go with the cheaper and/or easier alternative."MrGeezer

Well thats great and all but it kinda beats the point of the toopic and the question asked.

We already understand those people, its the other people we are talking about.

Funny enough i am a bagger at Sprouts Farmer Market. If me , a guy who only gets paid 8.00 an hour , can afford a rig almost anyone with a brain and some money management skills certainly can. Just stating this thought it has nothing to do with anything you said lol

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

I'm a console fan, I occasionally play on PC but far less than consoles. I don't think money is the issue for any gamer old enough to have his/her own job. For me, while I don't "hate" on PC gamers/gaming, I guess I just grew up with consoles and never felt a need to not have that platform be my primary source of gaming. I have a few friends with truly boss rigs but I dunno, never felt the need to build one. To me there's just something synonymous about controller + console + tv = gaming. Even have a fairly decent collection I've assembled over the past 17 years.

As for the hate you speak of, not sure really, maybe because it's system wars?

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 WolfGrey

[QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Because their parents cannot afford one?dobzilian

I'm seriously looking at a Gaming Rig as it will work on out in a year or 2 after purchasing it a whole lot cheaper than a PS4 and One. Cheaper Games, Higher quality exclusives, No Fee's for online... It all builds up in the end.

I am sure some electronics store has a credit card you can sign up for. Easy to pay off, builds up your credit(even if you have none you can get approved) , and its something you can actually use.

That said, you could always save up to like say 600 dollars, buy a simple tower and buy parts as you go. By the the time a year has passed, you will have a great rig.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrGeezer

Well thats great and all but it kinda beats the point of the toopic and the question asked.

Funny enough i am a bagger at Sprouts Farmer Market. If me , a guy who only gets paid 8.00 an hour , can afford a rig almost anyone with a brain and some money management skills certainly can. Just stating this thought it has nothing to do with anything you said lol

WolfGrey
No, the premise was based on the assumption that console fans hate PC fans because they can't afford good PCs and are jealous of those who can. I'm saying that it's a bull$hit premise to begin with. I haven't seen any compelling evidence to corroborate the idea that people buy consoles instead of PCs because they can't afford PCs. Furthermore, I haven't seen any compelling evidence that "console fans" are hateful or resentful to those who game on PCs.
WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WolfGrey

I'm a console fan, I occasionally play on PC but far less than consoles. I don't think money is the issue for any gamer old enough to have his/her own job. For me, while I don't "hate" on PC gamers/gaming, I guess I just grew up with consoles and never felt a need to not have that platform be my primary source of gaming. I have a few friends with truly boss rigs but I dunno, never felt the need to build one. To me there's just something synonymous about controller + console + tv = gaming. Even have a fairly decent collection I've assembled over the past 17 years.

As for the hate you speak of, not sure really, maybe because it's system wars?

Spartan070

Most likely because system wars rage ya.

If it wasn't for consoles being off limits to me often(have a sister) when i was a kid, i would probably be the same as you. But whenever my little sister was aon a console hogging the TV, i simply got on the PC and started playing whatever. My parents didn't care if i played mature rated games as a little kid because even then i understood it was fiction. Not a hard concept.

Thanks to that i got majorly into PC gaming. I still pick up consoles for exclusives and i love couch co-op with a friend or my girlfriend.

Hell i am playing through Borderlands 2 with my gf atm each night when i get home from work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
[QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

MrGeezer
No, the premise was based on the assumption that console fans hate PC fans because they can't afford good PCs and are jealous of those who can. I'm saying that it's a bull$hit premise to begin with. I haven't seen any compelling evidence to corroborate the idea that people buy consoles instead of PCs because they can't afford PCs. Furthermore, I haven't seen any compelling evidence that "console fans" are hateful or resentful to those who game on PCs.

You cannot be serious.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]

[QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

WolfGrey

I am sure some electronics store has a credit card you can sign up for. Easy to pay off, builds up your credit(even if you have none you can get approved) , and its something you can actually use.

That said, you could always save up to like say 600 dollars, buy a simple tower and buy parts as you go. By the the time a year has passed, you will have a great rig.

I dont like overheads if honest, Though i'm looking at doing some more MMA Fights in the next couple of months which will earn me some Dough. That will pay for me start my Gaming Rig. I'm quite lucky that i have a decent amount of knowledge on PC's and can build one from scratch. With me its being Broke for a couple of months and then Bam "loads money" lol.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

dj_pulserfan

Probably the same reason PC gamers hate console gamers who can GET LAID. /stereotype

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WolfGrey

[QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

MrGeezer

Comments on every PC article, almost any article based on Bethesda games or ID games, and system wars itself well debate otherwise. PLENTY of console gamers saying they game on consoles because they can't afford PCs or because they are uneducated about the real cost. Just because it isn't true with you doesn't mean it isn't true with others.

You can't say it for everyone.

All you can do is theory craft no?

Just like us.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Because most of the people that claim to have them are arsehats.

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WolfGrey

[QUOTE="dj_pulserfan"]

Bigboi500

Probably the same reason PC gamers hate console gamers who can GET LAID. /stereotype

Does the fact i am a PC gamer and my gf is a console gamer break the rule ?

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WolfGrey

[QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Because their parents cannot afford one?Wickerman777

That's if you order all the components and build it yourself. Plenty of people don't want to be bothered with all of that.

Actually a lot of purchase sites(Newegg) wil let you choose parts and give an esitmate and they can set up the tower for you. Or ya just buy a presetup one.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MrGeezer

Comments on every PC article, almost any article based on Bethesda games or ID games, and system wars itself well debate otherwise. PLENTY of console gamers saying they game on consoles because they can't afford PCs or because they are uneducated about the real cost. Just because it isn't true with you doesn't mean it isn't true with others.

Just like us.

WolfGrey
And...what percentage of console gamers game on consoles because they can't afford PCs? What percentage of console gamers actually give enough of a $hit to go on online forums and cry about how they're jealous of PCs? "A lot"? Yeah...that's really informative. Did you ever happen to think that the people who can afford bleeding edge PCs but simply don't want them also AREN'T the same people going on System Wars and whining about PC gaming? Just what percentage of console gamers actually give enough of a $hit about gaming to come on forums like this and vent their frustrations?
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

WolfGrey

I make enough money to budget for one. Its just not that important. Even if it was though, my GF would probably leave me if I spent that kind of money on gaming. I would also rather settle for a PS4 and do something nice for my kids instead. Whether im playing on an Xbox, Playstation or even pulling my Dreamcast out of the closet, im more than happy. The biggest problem with many of these PC gamers has to do with their huge superiority complexes such as the one the TC seems to have and is the reason for my insulting post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="dj_pulserfan"]

WolfGrey

Does the fact i am a PC gamer and my gf is a console gamer break the rule ?

LOL, my GF is even in my Steam friend list, my mate on Steam also has his Wife on Steam [POS} clan :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Because most Hermits brag about how great PC gaming is eventhough 99% have low spec computers

I'm one of the few that does have a great gaming PC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
[QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Or they just don't care and think his mentality is borderline unstable and outright, weird. Not like that so called "Bleeding Edge" experience is going to get him laid if anything. If anything, its going to prevent it. Well at least from anything that isn't AI. This right here could make his bleeding edge experience complete. http://www.gizmag.com/nsfw-review-realtouch-sex-toy-for-men/26804/Murderstyle75

I make enough money to budget for one. Its just not that important. Even if it was though, my GF would probably leave me if I spent that kind of money on gaming. I would also rather settle for a PS4 and do something nice for my kids instead. Whether im playing on an Xbox, Playstation or even pulling my Dreamcast out of the closet, im more than happy. The biggest problem with many of these PC gamers has to do with their huge superiority complexes such as the one the TC seems to have and is the reason for my insulting post.

Get a new lady, she is obviously too uptight, and worried about what you are spending, this is a lack of trust between you two.
OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

dj_pulserfan

I guess its just jealousy dude.Saying that,I enjoy playing my PS3(and I could have a bleeding edge PC if I wanted one) just as much as you enjoy your PC.So I guess people like different things.:)

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WolfGrey

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

AMD655

Get a new lady, she is obviously too uptight, and worried about what you are spending, this is a lack of trust between you two.

Agreed with him here. Since i am very responsible when it comes to my gaming hobbies my gf has no issue with my spending.

Props to the Dreamcast there though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

[QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] I make enough money to budget for one. Its just not that important. Even if it was though, my GF would probably leave me if I spent that kind of money on gaming. I would also rather settle for a PS4 and do something nice for my kids instead. Whether im playing on an Xbox, Playstation or even pulling my Dreamcast out of the closet, im more than happy. The biggest problem with many of these PC gamers has to do with their huge superiority complexes such as the one the TC seems to have and is the reason for my insulting post.WolfGrey

Agreed with him here. Since i am very responsible when it comes to my gaming hobbies my gf has no issue with my spending.

Props to the Dreamcast there though.

Dreamcast FTW, best console of all time.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Because most Hermits brag about how great PC gaming is eventhough 99% have low spec computers

Davekeeh

tumblr_mox06rfh241r71lmxo1_500.gif

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 WolfGrey

[QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

Just like us.

MrGeezer

And...what percentage of console gamers game on consoles because they can't afford PCs? What percentage of console gamers actually give enough of a $hit to go on online forums and cry about how they're jealous of PCs? "A lot"? Yeah...that's really informative. Did you ever happen to think that the people who can afford bleeding edge PCs but simply don't want them also AREN'T the same people going on System Wars and whining about PC gaming? Just what percentage of console gamers actually give enough of a $hit about gaming to come on forums like this and vent their frustrations?

And your just about as informative yet give that little attitude.

Your no better.

Your still just theory crafting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="WolfGrey"]

Thanks to that i have a nice rig and i play on a 40 inch HDTV. Though sometimes i switch to my monitor so that my gf who also has a job and loves games can play on the ps3.

AMD655

His gf is right, it's better to save money for his kids than to waste it on a gaming PC like I have done

WolfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 WolfGrey

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

wis3boi

tumblr_mox06rfh241r71lmxo1_500.gif

"Low spec" computers these days can run most pc games on high, dont see much of an issue here. The gif is funny though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-58e448fd89d82

[QUOTE="AMD655"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] I make enough money to budget for one. Its just not that important. Even if it was though, my GF would probably leave me if I spent that kind of money on gaming. I would also rather settle for a PS4 and do something nice for my kids instead. Whether im playing on an Xbox, Playstation or even pulling my Dreamcast out of the closet, im more than happy. The biggest problem with many of these PC gamers has to do with their huge superiority complexes such as the one the TC seems to have and is the reason for my insulting post.Davekeeh

His gf is right, it's better to save money for his kids than to waste it on a gaming PC like I have done

Yes, but you are not exactly a bright person anyway so...
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Noone "hates" gamers with beefy PCs

I just find a beefy PC totally useless these days

All games i want and require one are coming to consoles

PC does not get my best games, like Demons Souls, Bravely Default, Zelda, Fable 2, Ni no Kuni, Layton etc

All the great kickstarter RPGs on PC can be played on any old PC and do not require a beefy PC a even a gaming PC at all

So, PC is completly useless to me in general and cant see how anyone would spend even 1$ to game on PC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Only people with an alienware should have the right to brag about their system