So Sony has won this gen right?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts
@Wasdie said:

Sounding an awfully lot like Xbox fanboys in late 2006/early 2007. We all saw how that turned out.

MS might have lost at the very end with total console sales, but they had way more software sales overall.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

graphics and tech wise? obviously yes ps4 has won.
Ps4 also beats xbox in terms of ps+ (offering better games). So thats another win.

Games is another discussion. Right now it could go either way BUT im leaning more to SOny because of their history of producing good ips. Bloodborne, etc.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Not even slightly

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Talking about winning, eh? What if the whole AAA business model blows up?

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

sales sales sales. Xbox one is still better than the ps4. The best games are on X1. The best features are on X1. The best online service is on X1. The best console support is by MS on the X1 with consistent updates

but congrats to Sony fans on ps4 having better sales.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Bikouchu35 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Wasdie said:

Sounding an awfully lot like Xbox fanboys in late 2006/early 2007. We all saw how that turned out.

China and Zimbabwe will save the Xbone. Amirite?

This.

Last gen was so Sony's own undoing not MS's success necessarily early on. Sony has the momentum, they have Japan which MS will never get in a million years, and PS brand is stronger in EU. Now as long as they match the NA sales than Sony will win. Ninty is crawling back to GCN status at this rate without the casual craze boosting their sale.

You too sound like an Xbox Fanboy from 2006/2007. Overconfident, making bold claims, underestimating the performance of the consoles, underestimating markets, underestimating the goals of the companies, and ignoring the fact that each year tons of shit can go right or wrong for anybody.

"Winning" in itself is irrelevant. Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 pushed nearly 80 million units by the end of their lives, a smashing success for both companies. This gen the PS4 has started ahead of the Xbox One but the Xbox One is selling great relative to the Xbox brand and there is no indication that its going to slow down.

It's all moot now. Literally everybody wins. Except for Nintendo, they can't seem to pull themselves out of their rut. Not diverse enough I guess.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 me3639
Member since 2005 • 262 Posts

I always say without them and PC, gaming is pretty much dead.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

of course. Anyone thinking otherwise is denying reality

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I can see the PS4 winning in sales, yes.

Games, maybe?

Last gen it was all about the games. This gen it's all about the sales. My how the tables have turned

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

This gen just started. It's a marathon not a sprint.

That's just MS PR Bull Crap, having a strong start will net you more income in the long run because you're going to sell more software over a longer period of time at full price.

and how did that work out for M$ last gen?

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

If so, so be it. Last gen I enjoyed my PS3 (also owned a Wii) immensely while it was losing, playing mostly multiplatform games (Demons Souls and Valkyria Chronicles being the only exclusives I beat and enjoyed), but the fact that it did more made it the better console to own for me. Same goes this gen with the Xbox One (also own a Wii U), interested in mostly multiplatform games (really enjoy Titan Fall though).

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@amazonangry said:

of course. Anyone thinking otherwise is denying reality

So basically what you do all the time?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@blackace said:

@Shewgenja said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

M$ is laughing, not to mention they're not poor like Sony.

Lem, you are absolutely right about that. Microsoft investors are absolutely accustomed to obscene profits from business ventures. That's why WebTV and Zune have been runaway successes.

Oh, wait.

You act like other companies don't make a few bad products. What about Sony's MOVE and the disasterous PSPGo? Even the PSVita has had its shares of misfortunes. The difference with Microsoft and Sony however is even with the Zune and WebTV failures, Microsoft didn't have to sell HQ buildings, sell over $350 million in stocks and layoff over 9000 employees just to try and show a profit for one quarter. Even with that, Sony still lost almost a billion for the year. Sony even announced they would cut back development of AAA games for the PSVita. Are they doing that for the PS3 and PS4 as well? Even Nintendo made the terrible Virtual Boy years ago and the Wii VitalitySensor & Wii UDraw items were crap. Yet they still made billions off the Wii system and it's games. Sony made a nice little profit this quarter, but how well did their other businesses do. Sony is still expected huge losses for this year, even with PS4 doing so well.

You missed the point completely. I'm saying that XBox is going to look more and more like dead weight to people who want to put money and effort into products that show potential for growth and generate revenue. You're comparing that to a company that has had a pretty abysmal run of making losses but it's gaming division not being a generator of those losses.

In terms of gaming, that puts XBox on far shakier ground than Playstation.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46291 Posts

With the pathetic amount of exclusives it has right now ? And it has coming this year ?

Really ?

Nope, obviously the system with the most games and most exclusives is winning this gen. By a landslide !

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Shewgenja

@FastRobby said:

At first I thought it might be a good topic, but your "PS" says it all, just a cow again...

In other words, you have no ammunition to debate with so you point fingers?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@blackace said:

@Shewgenja said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Lem, you are absolutely right about that. Microsoft investors are absolutely accustomed to obscene profits from business ventures. That's why WebTV and Zune have been runaway successes.

Oh, wait.

You act like other companies don't make a few bad products. What about Sony's MOVE and the disasterous PSPGo? Even the PSVita has had its shares of misfortunes. The difference with Microsoft and Sony however is even with the Zune and WebTV failures, Microsoft didn't have to sell HQ buildings, sell over $350 million in stocks and layoff over 9000 employees just to try and show a profit for one quarter. Even with that, Sony still lost almost a billion for the year. Sony even announced they would cut back development of AAA games for the PSVita. Are they doing that for the PS3 and PS4 as well? Even Nintendo made the terrible Virtual Boy years ago and the Wii VitalitySensor & Wii UDraw items were crap. Yet they still made billions off the Wii system and it's games. Sony made a nice little profit this quarter, but how well did their other businesses do. Sony is still expected huge losses for this year, even with PS4 doing so well.

You missed the point completely. I'm saying that XBox is going to look more and more like dead weight to people who want to put money and effort into products that show potential for growth and generate revenue. You're comparing that to a company that has had a pretty abysmal run of making losses but it's gaming division not being a generator of those losses.

In terms of gaming, that puts XBox on far shakier ground than Playstation.

Blackace cant admit that SONY is on a ROLL with the illustrious gen 8 leader, PS4.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Yup, just like the wii. Tons of console sales, no games and only for casuals.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@blackace said:

@Shewgenja said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Oh, wait.

The Wii Vitality sensor was never released and THQ made the Wii's Udraw.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@walloftruth said:

@freedomfreak said:

Achja..

When did you turn German?

That's dutch if I'm not mistaken.

You're mistaken. It's German and means "oh well".

I habe es nicht gewusst.

stizzal13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 stizzal13
Member since 2013 • 609 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@parkurtommo said:

No, gamers won this gen. We get DRM, DLC, pre order incentives, graphical downgrades, DRM, DLC, DLC, DRM, what's not to like?

Yea, cause I'm sure Microsoft and Nintendo are thinking "hey, we're getting our asses kicked, but at least the consumer won!"

What kind of sad loser would for one second care that the corporation that owns their gaming console is making more money than the other companies?

Next you'll tell cows are happy if Sony's selling more TV's than Panasonic

We're the consumers, in case you missed it. Or, do you have stocks invested in sony?

First off - you're in system wars, btw. Second - of course we win when there's competition Third - a business is a business, and the goal IS to win. you know that, right?

1- yeah i know. This isn't my first account

2- So you get a cut of the profits if Sony makes money?

3- For sony and MS. Not you or the morons who care which comapny "wins". Again, unless you're getting some part of the profits or are making income by winning.

Discussing which platform is better, offer more value, has better games, etc, is what platform wars is all about. We, has gamers, experience that, which features are added, whic games can be played, how potential issues may affect them, and so on.

Only idiots care if Sony or MS are making more money than the other.

I've been os SW before, and i've always made fun of the sales wars. Dumbest discussion on these forums for years. I've always had that stance.

Although, I see what you are getting at. Caring about a company's revenue or profitability does not make you an idiot, especially if you are a shareholder and/or owner of a particular company's console. Having "your" company deliver great financial results is important for any fan. It may allow the company to deliver an even better platform/experience in the the future.

However, I will agree that it feels out of place in system wars, especially when some of the posters try to interpret financial statements or press releases.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@stizzal13 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@parkurtommo said:

No, gamers won this gen. We get DRM, DLC, pre order incentives, graphical downgrades, DRM, DLC, DLC, DRM, what's not to like?

Yea, cause I'm sure Microsoft and Nintendo are thinking "hey, we're getting our asses kicked, but at least the consumer won!"

What kind of sad loser would for one second care that the corporation that owns their gaming console is making more money than the other companies?

Next you'll tell cows are happy if Sony's selling more TV's than Panasonic

We're the consumers, in case you missed it. Or, do you have stocks invested in sony?

First off - you're in system wars, btw. Second - of course we win when there's competition Third - a business is a business, and the goal IS to win. you know that, right?

1- yeah i know. This isn't my first account

2- So you get a cut of the profits if Sony makes money?

3- For sony and MS. Not you or the morons who care which comapny "wins". Again, unless you're getting some part of the profits or are making income by winning.

Discussing which platform is better, offer more value, has better games, etc, is what platform wars is all about. We, has gamers, experience that, which features are added, whic games can be played, how potential issues may affect them, and so on.

Only idiots care if Sony or MS are making more money than the other.

I've been os SW before, and i've always made fun of the sales wars. Dumbest discussion on these forums for years. I've always had that stance.

Although, I see what you are getting at. Caring about a company's revenue or profitability does not make you an idiot, especially if you are a shareholder and/or owner of a particular company's console. Having "your" company deliver great financial results is important for any fan. It may allow the company to deliver an even better platform/experience in the the future.

However, I will agree that it feels out of place in system wars, especially when some of the posters try to interpret financial statements or press releases.

I understand what you're saying. But i'm refering to teh sales wars.

It's true that one would want the company that owns their console, or maybe their digital platform or makes the games they like, or on, to be finacially stable and profitable. Yes, the more money they make, the brighter the future may appear.

However, it's not always 100% true. MS is filled with money, but their not using it to release more excluisves than Sony. And Nintendo, despite it's losses, is still putting out exclusives. Hell IMHO, the new Zelda even looks far more fresh than the new Halo or Uncharted (so far ofcourse).And don't let my avatar trick you.

Both MS and SOny will have their ups and downs from on a financial perpective, both overall and in their gaming divisions for the years to come. And i personally wish them the both the best, for the sake of their employees.

The stupid part is the fanboys who cheer them on to make more money and sell more consoles than the other, when the impact on the gamer directly in either non existant, or small, like the PS4 havign a larger base allowing for more people to play online in general. But again, this in of itself is still a tiny effect on the player.

Also, i do wonder if anyone on this forum is a shareholder on either company.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

I said it before, and I'll say it again. The only way for MS to rebound from their current pisspoos state is to remove multiplayer paywall.

Online gaming is a fucking wasteland on the Xbone. Everyone would rather sub get PS+.

Of course, doing that would forego billions in potential revenue and profits, but that's the only way to save the Xbox brand. Unfortunately, MS lacks patience and dedication. If you asked MS if they wanted $10 today or $10,000 tomorrow, they'd pick the first option.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

ps4 is clearly ahead, but i wouldn't go calling the race this early.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#77 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I think it's way too early, but then again I'm not too invested in any side - more just the developers who make the games; though I guess first party does factor in...Regardless, I think that there's potential for all consoles this time around (even Vtia, yeah), so I'm hopeful.

Meanwhile, I'll be playing my Saturn 'cuz I found a copy of Resident Evil for it.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

And subscriptions. Yay.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Yea, it's pretty much GAME OVER for lems and sheep.

PS4 outshipped Xflop + 360 + Wii + WiiU + 3DS combined last quarter. If that's not domination and total annihilation of your competition nothing is.

Lems will say that Sony made a comeback last gen with the PS3 while forgetting that the PS3 was outselling 360 worldwide almost from the start even though it was flopping hard in the US. Xflop can't do that since it doesn't have any territory that it's winning, it's getting destroyed everywhere. As for WiiU it's been a sinking ship as far as sales go since launch and will be lucky to outsell the Gamecube.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#80  Edited By Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Too early to tell. I will say though that there's nothing coming out to reverse the current trend in the near future.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#81 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

lol, no, they haven't. This generation has only just begun.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@Wasdie said:

At the time we were waiting for PS3 to come alive. Xbone is same price as PS4, weaker, and selling less. Ummmmmmmmmm

yea

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Too soon to declare a winner. But it sure is looking hard for MS to turn the tables like Sony did last gen. A lot harder than it was for Sony last gen I'd say.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Shewgenja

@FastRobby said:

@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby said:

At first I thought it might be a good topic, but your "PS" says it all, just a cow again...

Haha, no, in other words, it's not worth starting a debate. Seriously, this is too easy. We're 8-9 months in this generation, at this point last-gen Microsoft was ahead 8 million consoles. Did Sony lose? No Sony came back, and they divided it 50/50 (not counting Nintendo in the equation). It's like saying Brazil won the world championship after their match against Croatia... Dumb thing to say.

News flash. Playstation sells in places Microsofts XBox division can't pronounce.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

In sales.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#87 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Wasdie said:

At the time we were waiting for PS3 to come alive. Xbone is same price as PS4, weaker, and selling less. Ummmmmmmmmm

yea

"At the time we were waiting for the PS3 to come alive" That's not an argument.

The fact remains that the PS3 was suffering from poor decisions made by Sony yet Sony was able to turn that around. Same could happen this gen. We've already seen Microsoft make a lot of strives towards making the Xbox One far more appealing.

It's too early to tell. History has proven the winner is not more powerful, so power is very much irrelevant in the long run. Right now Microsoft is still recovering from the poor decisions it made under Steve Ballmer and the last leader of Xbox (I forgot his name). They are turning that around.

Anything can happen. That's why we have competition.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Are we adding vita to ps4 sales together as well as 3rd plus WiiU sales together to determine this gens winner?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 I_can_haz

@wiiboxstation said:

Are we adding vita to ps4 sales together as well as 3rd plus WiiU sales together to determine this gens winner?

No need for that. PS4 is outselling WiiU + 3DS + Xflop One + 360 combined.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@Bikouchu35 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Wasdie said:

China and Zimbabwe will save the Xbone. Amirite?

This.

Last gen was so Sony's own undoing not MS's success necessarily early on. Sony has the momentum, they have Japan which MS will never get in a million years, and PS brand is stronger in EU. Now as long as they match the NA sales than Sony will win. Ninty is crawling back to GCN status at this rate without the casual craze boosting their sale.

You too sound like an Xbox Fanboy from 2006/2007. Overconfident, making bold claims, underestimating the performance of the consoles, underestimating markets, underestimating the goals of the companies, and ignoring the fact that each year tons of shit can go right or wrong for anybody.

"Winning" in itself is irrelevant. Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 pushed nearly 80 million units by the end of their lives, a smashing success for both companies. This gen the PS4 has started ahead of the Xbox One but the Xbox One is selling great relative to the Xbox brand and there is no indication that its going to slow down.

It's all moot now. Literally everybody wins. Except for Nintendo, they can't seem to pull themselves out of their rut. Not diverse enough I guess.

...and Sony can go bankrupt too boohoo. Sh*t happens, but no one has a magic ball. The only real claim I made was Sony "winning", the rest is base what is laid out from track record. They have the momentum, no? Base on past and current systems is it not true that EU favors Sony and that Japan doesn't give a rats snot about Xbox whatsoever?

"Winning" is irrelevant I agree, but hey don't you go outside and take a stogie sometimes. I don't really care what I said, I said what I say for fun. I hope you weren't taking me too seriously than again is the internet it can get pretty serious sometimes esp. SW and all...

Well you called me out for bold claim and underestimating co. , but you diss Ninty now eh.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@bublover1 said:

I said it before, and I'll say it again. The only way for MS to rebound from their current pisspoos state is to remove multiplayer paywall.

Online gaming is a fucking wasteland on the Xbone. Everyone would rather sub get PS+.

Of course, doing that would forego billions in potential revenue and profits, but that's the only way to save the Xbox brand. Unfortunately, MS lacks patience and dedication. If you asked MS if they wanted $10 today or $10,000 tomorrow, they'd pick the first option.

I understand why you're not in a leading position at Microsoft.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby said:

@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby said:

Haha, no, in other words, it's not worth starting a debate. Seriously, this is too easy. We're 8-9 months in this generation, at this point last-gen Microsoft was ahead 8 million consoles. Did Sony lose? No Sony came back, and they divided it 50/50 (not counting Nintendo in the equation). It's like saying Brazil won the world championship after their match against Croatia... Dumb thing to say.

News flash. Playstation sells in places Microsofts XBox division can't pronounce.

Spoken like a true loser cow........an 6-8 year gen over in the 1st 9 months.

Cows are such jokes and you sir are one of the biggest ones here.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

In sales - most likely

In games - right now it's in last place behind the Xbox One and Wii U.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#95  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

All we know right now is that software isn't necessary to move a butt load of machines.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

So I guess MS won the HD race last gen. Also if the PS3 wasn't sold as a blu-ray player that I bet counted for more than 10 million units the PS3 would have been done for.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

“History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle." - Microsoft (I think it was a Don Mattrick quote)

So using their own logic, PS4 is close to winning.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By I_can_haz

@xhawk27 said:

So I guess MS won the HD race last gen. Also if the PS3 wasn't sold as a blu-ray player that I bet counted for more than 10 million units the PS3 would have been done for.

So much butthurt and shitty excuses. BTW 360 came in last place lastgen despite launching a year earlier than PS3 and being $200 for a significant amount of time. Let that sink in a bit and you'll realize why Xbone doesn't stand a chance this gen. They botched their launch and came out more expensive with the weaker console this gen, it's no wonder they are getting destroyed. When you realize that XPOSbone is pretty much dead outside the US you'll see why a PS3-style comeback is impossible for Xbone. Nicaragua and China won't save the XPOSBone this time lems.

3 Million PS4s shipped >>>> XPOSBone + 360's 1.1 million

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@edwardecl said:

“History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle." - Microsoft (I think it was a Don Mattrick quote)

I know the Wii reached it first but the first HD console last gen to reach 10 million was the Xbox 360.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 I_can_haz

@xhawk27 said:

@edwardecl said:

I know the Wii reached it first but the first HD console last gen to reach 10 million was the Xbox 360.

and it still came in last place lol.