So Sony has won this gen right?

#152 Posted by intotheminx (2504 posts) -

It's way too early to tell. Last gen, 360 owners were saying the same thing and look what happened. A lot of things can happen between today and the next 6 years.

#153 Edited by SecretPolice (28596 posts) -

Sure, whatever.... :P

#154 Posted by Blabadon (32740 posts) -

@lostrib: @I_can_haz: "While the diehard fans of both consoles will likely see IDC’s report as new ammunition for fruitless and obnoxious forum comment wars, the numbers don’t tell the full story of who has “won” this console cycle. It’s not so simple. For example, Sony didn’t start selling PlayStation 3 consoles at a profit until 2010, around four years after the console first released. Meanwhile the Xbox 360 was sold at a profit starting in January 2008, just over two years after that machine came out."

Lol even TC's links think he's a tool

#155 Posted by Shewgenja (16110 posts) -

I love how people are still thinking the XBone is going to happen. It's not going to happen. Hell, it needs to pull off miracles just to survive.

#156 Edited by Alcapello (1396 posts) -

It difficult for Sony to declare victory just yet, it is the marathon...meaning while Sony is prepping next gen as we speak this very moment, Microsoft is trying to clean up a mess made by foolish decision.

However, microsoft is making it hard for Sony simply due to the fact Sony doesn't know if they will show up next gen. If they back out now Sony can focus on first and second party games to tackle nintendo franchise imho.

#157 Posted by StormyJoe (7462 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

I love how people are still thinking the XBone is going to happen. It's not going to happen. Hell, it needs to pull off miracles just to survive.

Shortsightedness on your part. XB1 will sell just fine.

#158 Edited by tormentos (24521 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

The Xbox 360 had USA, UK, Austrailia, some parts of Europe, Russia.

Keep thinking that the PS3 was ahead of Xbox 360 before the start of the current gen. Oh and you forgot to mention that the PS3 was the cheapest Blu-Ray player for about two years.

Australia added almost nothing,So did Russia,most of EU was PS3 all the way.

I don't think they were ahead,the start of the current gen is irrelevant when the console is kill and number are announce MS will not say we sold 75 million units because the ones we sold after the Wii u don't count.

The PS2 sold 156 million units,56 million where sold after the xbox 360 landed..lol

Yeah while also been the most expensive gaming console by up to $300 dollars.

@Evo_nine said:

If by win you mean more sales? yes looks like it.

But have they really won? I mean....ps4 cant output games at 1080p 60fps so we are all losers.

I didn't know that to win the generation you need it to do 1080p 60FPS..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I guess the wii didn't won neither did the PS2..lol

@Nengo_Flow said:

I can easily see M$ catching up to SONY and it will probably end like last gen, in a tie or slightly edging out by a bit.

I see both selling about 80 million within 7 years

That vision...lol

Let me explain something.

If the PS4 closes this year with a 7 or 8 million advantage,for the xbox one to catch up,they need sales that beat the PS4 in at least 2 markets,even if sony start to fall behind in US which i don't see it,EU + Japan will be enough not only to not allow the xbox one to catch the PS4 but to widen the gap even more,you don't make a deficiency by selling less is impossible.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Won what?

The numer of lies?

The number of games delayed?

The number of filler indies?

The number of shit remakes?

The void of 2014 games?

Do you even have a brain bro?

More games.

Higher score ones.

More consoles sold.

More games sales with basically all multiplatform selling better on PS4.

Better graphics.

Better hardware performance per dollar.

#159 Posted by Shewgenja (16110 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

That's cute. The original Xbox launched in November of 2001 while the PS2 launched in October of 2000. Despite the PS4 and XBone launching the same month, the PS4 is tracking to be as far ahead of the XBone as the PS2 was ahead of the XBox.

That is a thorough stomping.

#160 Posted by tormentos (24521 posts) -

@intotheminx said:

It's way too early to tell. Last gen, 360 owners were saying the same thing and look what happened. A lot of things can happen between today and the next 6 years.

What happen last gen is not what is happening this one,and last gen doesn't dictate the next one,else the PS3 would have sold 156 million units and wii and xbox 360 would have loss by a truck load.

What happen last gen happen last gen,nothing this one is even close,Nintendo is already out and their console sink,and MS is already out and their console also sink,there is no way to do back what the PS4 is gaining if any of the 2 Nintendo or MS can't win at least 2 markets to make the gap from.

#161 Posted by Shewgenja (16110 posts) -

Back in Generation 6 with sub-HD graphics and much smaller development budgets, you could scrape by with selling 30 million consoles. Now, the publishers want serious sales results. They will not back a console that sells like Gen6. They just won't.

Xbone is going to get murdered.

#164 Posted by StormyJoe (7462 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

That's cute. The original Xbox launched in November of 2001 while the PS2 launched in October of 2000. Despite the PS4 and XBone launching the same month, the PS4 is tracking to be as far ahead of the XBone as the PS2 was ahead of the XBox.

That is a thorough stomping.

And, so what? This could all be just a case of the PS4 having a higher "early adoption" rate from PS3 & Wii owners. You cannot logically declare some sort of "victory" in a console race that isn't even a year old. There is even a possibility that the WiiU could make a comeback.

#165 Posted by blackace (23064 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

LOL!! No. The PSPGo needed a miracle to survive and we saw what happened to that. If Sony doesn't make some drastic changes to PSNow, the same thing could happen to that as well. The Wii U was more in danger of going under then the XB1 and it's still here and gaining some momentum. You doom sayers are completely delusional.

#166 Edited by StormyJoe (7462 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Back in Generation 6 with sub-HD graphics and much smaller development budgets, you could scrape by with selling 30 million consoles. Now, the publishers want serious sales results. They will not back a console that sells like Gen6. They just won't.

Yeah... they see no results on the Xbox platform.

Where's the "rolling eyes" emoticon when you need it??

#167 Edited by SecretPolice (28596 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Shew in 2016.... Mmmm looks tasty eh?

Couldn't resist. :P

#168 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

#169 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Sounding an awfully lot like Xbox fanboys in late 2006/early 2007. We all saw how that turned out.

Xbox 360 never won anything at any point. PS3 and 360 spent the entirety of last gen vying for second place, aka the first loser. I don't like it anymore than most, but Wii won that gen. We all knew PS3 would catch up because Xbox sales are too America-centirc, Playstaion consoles have broader appeal. PS4 is dominating both Nintendo and MS and is essentially at this point uncontested. Wii U and Xbone are both overpriced poor values compared to PS4. Their is absolutely no realistic chance of Xbox One catching up, and Wii U? Yeah, no.

#170 Posted by Zelda187 (1047 posts) -

If this isn't winning...then I don't know what it.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-sony-crushing-microsoft-console-wars-3-1-1644852

PS4 vs. Xbox One: Sony Is Crushing Microsoft In The Console Wars 3 To 1

By @theabigailelise

on July 31 2014 11:33 AM

Sony's PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 continue to pull ahead in the console war, with both devices outselling Microsoft’s Xbox One and Xbox 360 at a ratio of at least 3 to 1. Sony disclosed its sales figures in its recent quarterly earnings report.

Japan-based Sony Corp. (NYSE:SNE) said it sold 3.5 million PS4 and PS3 units worldwide between April and June. Last week, Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ:MSFT) said it shipped 1.1 million Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles during the same period. That doesn't mean the devices were actually sold, but it does give a picture of how lopsided this battle has become.

Despite Microsoft lagging Sony, console sales overall are on the rise. Liam Callahan, an analyst at NPD Group in Port Washington, New York, said gaming hardware sales more than doubled in June, compared with a year earlier.

“The 106 percent increase in hardware sales (vs. June 2013) was lifted entirely by console hardware sales, which were up by over 200 percent," Callahan said. "The strong sales performance of console hardware helped to offset the declines seen in portable hardware.”

Both Sony and Microsoft's eighth-generation consoles have proven popular with consumers, he noted. “Combined sales of Xbox One and PS4 are over 80 percent higher than the combined totals for Xbox 360 and PS3 -- an indication of the strength of the start of this new console generation,” he said.

Phil Harrison, Microsoft's corporate vice president of Europe and other regions, said earlier this month that Sony was at 9 million consoles sold, while Microsoft was at 5 million sold.

"Hats off to Sony, they've had a great start; they have been in more countries and -- to date, at least -- at a lower price. We have announced a new Xbox One at a lower price; we go to 29 new countries starting in September,” Harrison told Edge magazine.

In April, Sony had moved 7 million PS4 units and the Xbox One was at 5 million units shipped to retail stores like Best Buy and GameStop. Both consoles launched in November, with the PS4 reaching buyers one week earlier than the Xbox One on Nov. 15.

#171 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -

I hope wii u pick up speed and 2nd place too. Half of hardcore lem already leave to cave dwelling or hiding behind pc since last year, I hope xbox doesn't die so they do not leave forever. Nintendo has proven first party and successful wii u mean they will invest in more game and I like nintendo first party game. I hope for new metroid soon and maybe rpg. Also there are many wii game that I miss and hope to play when buying wii u.

#172 Posted by tormentos (24521 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Shewgenja said:

LOL!! No. The PSPGo needed a miracle to survive and we saw what happened to that. If Sony doesn't make some drastic changes to PSNow, the same thing could happen to that as well. The Wii U was more in danger of going under then the XB1 and it's still here and gaining some momentum. You doom sayers are completely delusional.

Well it die what is your point.?

But the PSP go as a model inside the PSP platforms,not a portable from a separate gen,it was basically a PSP without UMD.

Yeah like i care about PSN now..lol

Both are behind the PS4 and the xbox one is dead last,pretty prey the wii u doesn't take a little more wind else you will end 3rd all generation long oh that Karma..lol

@StormyJoe said:

April NPD Results: Xbox Leads U.S. Software Game Sales

XBOX not xbox one..

They basically joined the xbox one + 360 games to cover the hole just like they did with hardware this month,in fact in april all multiplatforms games sold better on PS4..lol

• Xbox One and Xbox 360 together held eight of the top 10 spots on the generation eight and generation seven console game list in the U.S.: “Titanfall” (Xbox One), “Kinect Sports Rivals” (Xbox One), “Titanfall” (Xbox 360), “Call of Duty: Ghosts” (Xbox 360), “NBA 2K14” (Xbox 360), “Grand Theft Auto V” (Xbox 360), “Minecraft” (Xbox 360) and “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare” (Xbox 360).

Several multiplatforms there which MS used as ammo..lol

Xbox One sold 115,000 units in the U.S. in the month of April and has outpaced box 360 sales by 76 percent in the first six months on the market.

The this ^^ uhg the only reason why that happen was because the xbox 360 had a shortage that lasted until April.

In fact in the quarter that start from April 1 to June 30 2006 the xbox 360 shipped 1.8 million units ,that is 700,000 units more than the xbox 360+ xbox one shipped this same quarter.

Hell the xbox one sold 115k in April,while the xbox 360 sold 295k in that same April 2006 more than doubling the xbox one sales,the xbox 360 in this January to june has outsold the xbox one each and every month.

@b4x said:

Blackace you don't really have anything better to do.?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#173 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Wait for EA Access

Wait for Gamescom

Wait for China

Wait for MCC

Wait for Black Friday

Wait for Crackdown

Keep waiting.

#174 Edited by blackace (23064 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@Shewgenja said:

But the PSP go as a model inside the PSP platforms,not a portable from a separate gen,it was basically a PSP without UMD.

Both are behind the PS4 and the xbox one is dead last,pretty prey the wii u doesn't take a little more wind else you will end 3rd all generation long oh that Karma..lol

PS3 was DEAD LAST for most of LAST GEN and probably still is. Sony won't tell us the PS3 numbers for some strange reason. I won't end up anywhere, cause I'm not in the race. lol!! I will own all 3 next-gen systems before this gen is over and will easily be the clear winner over all biased trolls like yourself. My point is the XB1 is in way, way better shape then the PSPGo, PSVita and Wii U were when they launched. Only the PSPGo died. XB1 will do just fine this generation and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Kaz giving El Tormo a lap dance. lol!!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#175 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@tormentos said:

There are no bad Xbox news articles on the main page for him to damage control.

#176 Edited by StormyJoe (7462 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

April NPD Results: Xbox Leads U.S. Software Game Sales

XBOX not xbox one..

They basically joined the xbox one + 360 games to cover the hole just like they did with hardware this month,in fact in april all multiplatforms games sold better on PS4..lol

• Xbox One and Xbox 360 together held eight of the top 10 spots on the generation eight and generation seven console game list in the U.S.: “Titanfall” (Xbox One), “Kinect Sports Rivals” (Xbox One), “Titanfall” (Xbox 360), “Call of Duty: Ghosts” (Xbox 360), “NBA 2K14” (Xbox 360), “Grand Theft Auto V” (Xbox 360), “Minecraft” (Xbox 360) and “Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare” (Xbox 360).

Several multiplatforms there which MS used as ammo..lol

Xbox One sold 115,000 units in the U.S. in the month of April and has outpaced box 360 sales by 76 percent in the first six months on the market.

The this ^^ uhg the only reason why that happen was because the xbox 360 had a shortage that lasted until April.

In fact in the quarter that start from April 1 to June 30 2006 the xbox 360 shipped 1.8 million units ,that is 700,000 units more than the xbox 360+ xbox one shipped this same quarter.

Hell the xbox one sold 115k in April,while the xbox 360 sold 295k in that same April 2006 more than doubling the xbox one sales,the xbox 360 in this January to june has outsold the xbox one each and every month.

@b4x said:

And? The XBox platform is continuing to prove to be a software seller. Why would 3rd party abandon it?

In the same thread where you say "last gen doesn't matter", you compare 360 sales to XB1,,, wow,

#177 Posted by aroxx_ab (12646 posts) -

Not won but leading yeah

#178 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1897 posts) -

Unless MS begins leading in their strongest markets again, it seems Sony has a clear shot here.

#179 Posted by AzatiS (11222 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro: It pretty much did already

#180 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@tormentos:

You give Puerto Ricans a bad name. Read the stupid white knighting shit you post.

You deserve no pity. That's the only word that describes you though. Pitiful.

Honestly sit down and read it. Do yourself a favor. It's the most waste of a life I have witnessed "exaggeration". You have ONE life, and this is your focus. You will NEVER get this time back. You are going to lay on your death bed and fucking puke in your mouth over this waste of such a valuable gift.

The sad thing is, I think you actually believe the shit you write. I can't even laugh at you it's so sad.

I do this to **** off and have fun...You live it. It consumes you.

Think about this man.

False idols?

#181 Posted by Heil68 (56354 posts) -

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

You give Puerto Ricans a bad name. Read the stupid white knighting shit you post.

Honestly sit down and read it. Do yourself a favor. It's the most waste of a life I have witnessed "exaggeration". You have ONE life, and this is your focus. You will NEVER get this time back. You are going to lay on your death bed and fucking puke in your mouth over this waste of such a valuable gift.

The sad thing is, I think you actually believe the shit you write. I can't even laugh at you it's so sad.

Think about this man.

False idols?

Have to admit that SONY and PS4 is on a ROLL and current gen 8 leader and just happens to have the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the HISTORY of video games.

#182 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Think about this man.

False idols?

Have to admit that SONY and PS4 is on a ROLL and current gen 8 leader and just happens to have the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the HISTORY of video games.

This is how you do it. Tips cap.

#183 Edited by Heil68 (56354 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Think about this man.

False idols?

By telling the #truth? I'm known for that and SONY teaches us to Live Learn and Love.

#184 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Think about this man.

False idols?

Oh yeah, you totally just do this to have fun. It never consumes you:

"Trolling sometimes can backfire on the troll. This world is SMALL.

You can say shit that cannot be overlooked by another man. You never go at a mans family, and expect forgiveness?

This guy goes to places in debates that might get him hurt severely bad. He has no clue as to who I am?

There are lines that should NEVER be crossed. This is not some kind of threat. This is advice."

"It's easy to be a **** on the internet? He wouldn't say half the stupid shit face to face. Why do it here?

If you're going to flap your twat on the internet. You should be able to do the same thing face to face.

Now do you think he would say these things to my face? Honestly? Why is this the exception?

I'm not a tough guy on the internet...This guy is a habitual line crosser. That would get his ass beat in real life."

And that's just from one thread: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/digital-foundry-vs-the-last-of-us-remastered-31463466/?page=3

#185 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Think about this man.

False idols?

By telling the #truth? I'm known for that and SONY teaches us to Live Learn and Love.

Love me long time. :p

#186 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Think about this man.

False idols?

You can say shit that cannot be overlooked by another man. You never go at a mans family, and expect forgiveness?

This guy goes to places in debates that might get him hurt severely bad. He has no clue as to who I am?

There are lines that should NEVER be crossed. This is not some kind of threat. This is advice."

"It's easy to be a **** on the internet? He wouldn't say half the stupid shit face to face. Why do it here?

If you're going to flap your twat on the internet. You should be able to do the same thing face to face.

Now do you think he would say these things to my face? Honestly? Why is this the exception?

I'm not a tough guy on the internet...This guy is a habitual line crosser. That would get his ass beat in real life."

And that's just from one thread: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/digital-foundry-vs-the-last-of-us-remastered-31463466/?page=3

/truthfacts

#187 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25162 posts) -

Microsoft fucked up. Nintendo is nowhere to be seen. Yeah, I would say PS4 is winning the generation, outselling XB1 more than 3:1, maybe it will slow down to 2:1 one day but the damage is done.

#188 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Think about this man.

False idols?

/truthfacts

#189 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

/truthfacts

@lostrib:

#190 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@b4x said:

/truthfacts

@lostrib:

What an awful picture

#191 Posted by Heil68 (56354 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Think about this man.

False idols?

Love me long time. :p

day 1...lmao

#192 Edited by blackace (23064 posts) -
@GrenadeLauncher said:

@tormentos said:

There are no bad Xbox news articles on the main page for him to damage control.

Lots of good news all around. Surprised you're not there bashing it all. lol!! That's pretty much all you're good at doing.

#193 Edited by Shewgenja (16110 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

I'd be rolling my eyes too if I needed combined sales to make headlines, even in my strongest market.

#194 Posted by blackace (23064 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Think about this man.

False idols?

You missed one "L" It's LIVE, LEARN, LOVE & LIE. That's Sony's important one. lol!!

#195 Posted by bigblunt537 (6885 posts) -

Not at all. At least not for me and all I own is the PS4. So far no games have come out within the past year that intrigue me at all. Sony pretty much has about a year or 2 before I just sell the thing. I believe in them though because I felt the same with the PS3, but they turned things around.

#196 Edited by Heil68 (56354 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Think about this man.

False idols?

You missed one "L" It's LIVE, LEARN, LOVE & LIE. That's Sony's important one. lol!!

You forgot Gen 8 LEADER and most POWERFUL console in HISTORY...lol!!!

#197 Posted by StormyJoe (7462 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

I'd be rolling my eyes too if I needed combined sales to make headlines, even in my strongest market.

Like Sony just did?

#198 Posted by Shewgenja (16110 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Like Sony just did?

Yep! Precisely.

#199 Edited by tormentos (24521 posts) -

@blackace said:

PS3 was DEAD LAST for most of LAST GEN and probably still is.Sony won't tell us the PS3 numbers for some strange reason. I won't end up anywhere, cause I'm not in the race. lol!! I will own all 3 next-gen systems before this gen is over and will easily be the clear winner over all biased trolls like yourself. My point is the XB1 is in way, way better shape then the PSPGo, PSVita and Wii U were when they launched. Only the PSPGo died. XB1 will do just fine this generation and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Kaz giving El Tormo a lap dance. lol!!

Yes and launch 1 year after the competition for up to $300 more.

The same strange reason why MS didn't show numbers this past quarter.?

Is better position than the xbox,GC and Dreamcast now how does that change that you are comparing it to total failure of systems.? The xbox one doing better than the PSP Go or Vita doesn't really say much those were total failures,my god i don't think any one can do worse.lol

Well i am not saying is going any where,but i think it already loss and the fight is once again for second place.

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

Think about this man.

False idols?

Epic Meltdown...Blackace...lol

#200 Edited by Alcapello (1396 posts) -

@b4x said:

/truthfacts

@lostrib: