Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7704 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@dynamitecop: So bc it got announced for consoles after PC you know this?

You know an awful lot with little to go on....I wouldn't expect any less from you.

ITS A PC GAME ITS BUILT FOR PC GAMERS.

you wouldn't play sim city on a console

you wouldn't play doom on a console

you wouldn't play starcraft on a console right?

Just because overwatch exists on a console doesn't make it right. It's an abomination. It's wrong its just wrong. Everyone knows it.

Don't buy Overwatch on a console please do yourself grab a old 90's PC play it on that.

Don't play on a trash console its gonna kill the game its gonna dmg the whole brand.

Playing those on console is an insult to the game itself

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

You know an awful lot with little to go on....I wouldn't expect any less from you.

Just because overwatch exists on a console doesn't make it right. It's an abomination. It's wrong its just wrong. Everyone knows it.

Don't buy Overwatch on a console please do yourself grab a old 90's PC play it on that.

Don't play on a trash console its gonna kill the game its gonna dmg the whole brand.

My argument is not that its better on PC....in fact if I buy it I'll get it for PC bc I really didn't like it on the PS4.

But giving credit to a platform?

Only the dumbest of dumb do that shit. If it's good it's bc Blizzard made it good not bc PC exists.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

My argument is not that its better on PC....in fact if I buy it I'll get it for PC bc I really didn't like it on the PS4.

Only the dumbest of dumb do that shit. If it's good it's bc Blizzard made it good not bc PC exists.

The irony in this is that Blizzard exists because of PC, and not the other way around.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

What scores will tomorrow bring?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By SolidTy

@dynamitecop said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

The irony in this is that Blizzard exists because of PC, and not the other way around.

Exists?

Actually, Blizzard exists because of their console roots as their first games were for console, namely SNES but also some Genesis, (The Lost Vikings, Rock n' Roll Racing, RPM racing, BlackThorne, The Death and Return of Superman, Justice League Task Force, etc) but it's true that their name and best efforts is from their magnificent PC games which I also enjoyed when they were brand new like Warcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo, Starcraft, etc. I know this because I own these games and bought them long ago when they were new and relevant.

They are one of my favorite developers way before GS covered console games (GS used to be PC only), which is why I own most of their games. My current gal grew up playing The Lost Vikings as a matter of fact on SNES and Genesis before I met her. Blizzard did of course also have early MS-DOS and Amiga games, but their first effort was for the SNES.

So "exist" is the wrong word, since they exist from their console games and then moved into PC gaming in a big way.

I would say Blizzard's "reputation" is because of their fantastic PC efforts, but they "exist" because of their early console roots that financed their future foray into PC gaming.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Zergforlife
Member since 2016 • 467 Posts

lol overwatch on consoles

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@SolidTy said:

9's mostly and maybe a few ten's and 8's. It will probably be enough to get within a point or two of Uncharted 4 on metacritic tommorrow.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By SolidTy

@super600 said:
@SolidTy said:

9's mostly and maybe a few ten's and 8's. It will probably be enough to get within a point or two of Uncharted 4 on metacritic tommorrow.

We'll talk more when Overwatch hit over 75-100 critics. My post was more pointing to the early nature of this thread as we are only going to see the game drop on metacritic or opencritic, or any aggregate site as time goes on.

Right now, Overwatch having only five critics isn't much of a feat if comparing other high scoring games (Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 4 as you mentioned, GTA5, MGS5, etc) that also had 75-125 critics and still maintained that coveted 90+ metascore the industry is so gung-ho about. I'm sure it will maintain it's 90+ metascore, but I never for one second thought it would be at 100 on opencritic for too long.

I am always impressed when modern games dealing with 100 critics, under so much scrutiny due to so many new budding gaming review outlets today, are able to keep up with older games that released 10-25 years ago that only had to deal with 10-20, maybe 30 critics. Gaming growing into the mainstream has certainly not been good for modern games metascores, when people misguidedly compare classic metascores to current game metascores without considering the differences. No modern game is safe from the onslaught of so many critics, many of which are contrarian for hits, not even legacy titles like modern Zelda games.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#159 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@super600 said:
@SolidTy said:

We'll talk more when they hit over 75-100 critics. Right now, having only five critics isn't much of a feat.

True. I expect the game's MC score to drop between 5% and 10% later today.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts
@ProtossRushX said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Help I belong on PC with a mouse to click around.
Help I belong on PC with a mouse to click around.

Help i look like crap on the consoles help me OMG HELP
Help i look like crap on the consoles help me OMG HELP

Why do I exist
Why do I exist

Like oh my gawd, why can't people play games the way I want them to?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 SolidTy

@super600 said:
@SolidTy said:
@super600 said:
@SolidTy said:

We'll talk more when they hit over 75-100 critics. Right now, having only five critics isn't much of a feat.

True. I expect the game's MC score to drop between 5% and 10% later today.

I can see that.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#162 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Highest rated game of all time if you remove Nintendo's dedicated websites for Ocarina of Time.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Probably gonna get a lot of critique from over-sexualising the female models in the game.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#164 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Not just that, it's going to sell great on console no doubt but the game will be dead inside of 6 months, while on PC it will thrive for years and years to come.

Console communities are complete shit, they just abandon games every time something else shiny comes out...

Sssshhh, let him live inside his little dreamland.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

CS:GO is on consoles too, but it's dead there. But it's still thriving on PC.
Fact is, most competitive games thrive on PC, because that's just how it works.

I might try this soon tho. OW looks awesome.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@charizard1605: Literally 5 reviews on meta. Calm down, eh?:P

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@dynamitecop said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Exists?

Actually, Blizzard exists because of their console roots as their first games were for console, namely SNES but also some Genesis, (The Lost Vikings, Rock n' Roll Racing, RPM racing, BlackThorne, The Death and Return of Superman, Justice League Task Force, etc) but it's true that their name and best efforts is from their magnificent PC games which I also enjoyed when they were brand new like Warcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo, Starcraft, etc. I know this because I own these games and bought them long ago when they were new and relevant.

They are one of my favorite developers way before GS covered console games (GS used to be PC only), which is why I own most of their games. My current gal grew up playing The Lost Vikings as a matter of fact on SNES and Genesis before I met her. Blizzard did of course also have early MS-DOS and Amiga games, but their first effort was for the SNES.

So "exist" is the wrong word, since they exist from their console games and then moved into PC gaming in a big way.

I would say Blizzard's "reputation" is because of their fantastic PC efforts, but they "exist" because of their early console roots that financed their future foray into PC gaming.

I don't care about their console games that got them absolutely no where and didn't build any type of name for them, they only exist because of the PC and the community on the platform that adopted their games and made them successful.

Blizzard was a nobody developer until Warcraft, and only because of the capabilities of the PC, its hardware, input devices and its community did Blizzard become something and successfully exist to this day.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@SolidTy said:
@dynamitecop said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Exists?

I don't care about their console games that got them absolutely no where and didn't build any type of name for them, they only exist because of the PC and the community on the platform that adopted their games and made them successful.

Blizzard was a nobody developer until Warcraft, and only because of the capabilities of the PC, its hardware, input devices and its community did Blizzard become something and successfully exist to this day.

Bullshit.

They exist because they make good games not because of PC gamers.

If they made rubbish games they wouldn't be alive for PC gamers to support them in the first place.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

Any reviewer that gives a game a 10/10 is questionable. It's a very fun game but it has balance issues, a lack of content for it's price tag and some poor map designs which these reviewers aren't even attempting to address.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#170 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

7 reviews at meta, dropped to 96.

Will most likely drop even more.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#171 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Havent played it because it doesnt look very good from the gameplay I have seen.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44068 Posts

Meta these dayzzzz is a joke. Like everything else it's all politicized. Trust nobody but yourself.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: Ocarina of Time would be no higher than 85-90 if reviewed by today's media. It's a joke to actually take a game with just 22 reviews as the highest rated game ever. If there was ever a time to take an average score with a grain of salt.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#174  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Sagemode87: But the 3DS Remake scored high and it barely changed anything with OoT. Also, OoT had wayyyy more then 22 reviews, it had like 40+ magazine reviews alone. The 3DS version of OoT scored 94 out of 85 reviews and has a user rating of 8.9 out of 1K.

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#175  Edited By B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@ghosts4ever said:

The actual game (Doom) which deserve 10 didnot got but this cartoonish crap with no SP (which is rip off) getting 100. great

another overrated game of this generation

Holy christ.....stole the words right out of my mouth.

Doom single player might be great but that lasts for 10 hours then you move on. Doom's multiplayer is trash. No one playing Doom wants "Loadouts" WE wanted to pick up our weapons on the map old school.

Overwatch is much more polished multiplayer. Top game on Twitch even over LoL. It'll get free updates for years. It'll be an eSport and still moving along, even after Doom has released 3 more titles.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts
@StealthMonkey4 said:

The original was generic

FTFY.

The original pose wouldn't look out of place on any character in OW.

The new one is all-Tracer.

Even if you swap the character model with a crash dummy you would know at a glance who the new pose belongs to.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By iandizion713

Dont forget people, if you buy this game on PC you get to experience Battle.net at its fullest. You can chat with people across Battle.net no matter which game theyre playing. So if your friend is playing WoW or Hots, you can message them to hop on Overwatch.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Game is great.

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

dropped to just a 96 now LOL. GTA4 better.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I just read a review where the guy said something along the lines of he will never be OK with a game that is not free to play and has microtransactions. See that's the issue with reviews today, you got so much politics in the mix....in my time with the game, I did not feel the microtransactions were in any way milking people, seemed only something to unlock cosmetic stuff faster....all characters available from the get go.

I suggest people who like or are interested in this game take reviews with a grain of salt. Just like with fighters, imo the review system is not really qualified to review a game like this. I mean I played all night yesterday with just 1 characters. How can reviewers have the time to properly review a title like this. Anyways, gotta work now sucks I wish I could play more.....saving my sick days for later lol

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

the game had 5 reviews when you made this thread.....

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By iandizion713

@Alucard_Prime: What reviews are you reading? Theyre are only like 5 that have gone live so far. Everyone is waiting to give the game a 48 hour grace period out of respect.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#183  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605: This game is nowhere near top 10 of all time.

For its price it lacks so many things , i wonder how the hell someone can score it as high as 10/10 when offering limited maps/modes , no rank matches , no single/story mode and there are balance issues left and right.

How the hell everyone going crazy AND scoring it 10/10. Im wondering if all those "omfg , the best ever " blizzboys would give a damn if this game was coming from anyone else than Blizzard. I bet not even 1/10 of how many praising OW now would even care about it.

And lets be honest , yes its design and gameplay might be some of the best there is for its genre but SO IT WAS FOR STREET FIGHTER 5 for its. Everyone bashed SF5 giving it low scores for lacking single player / story mode and some other options here and there even if it got praised for its gameplay and online features and now , Overwatch is a different story ha ?

Im not trying to say Overwatch doesnt deserve AAA status or close to that ... im trying ti say that considering this is a full priced game and lacking modes and maps and ranking and its unbalanced .. how the hell is a different story than what SF5 was ( since everyone said again and again , SF5 might be the best fighter ever gameplay wise ) and some reviewers scoring it as a perfect game ? It doesnt make any sense !

Ill tell you the only reason i can think of ... It is a BLIZZARD game. I wish i could prove that by going back in time and re-release this exact game as other c ompany than Blizzard behind it and see the results. Maybe ill call Bran Stark from Game of thrones and ask him to do so.

Anyways , personally , theres no way to give 40-60$ for a game that could have been easily a F2P game just because is a blizzard game. No , no and no. I did that shit with Diablo 3 which i found so bad ( huge fan of diablo/diablo 2 and path of exile here ) yet everyone , critics and fans , were going nuts about it after its release ... guess why ?! Yes , because it was a blizzard game.

OVERWATCH SECOND HIGHEST RATED GAME OF ALL TIME ? Rofl , even with the idea of that. Lets talk after 70-80 reviews .

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Its going to drop below 9 easily. it simply needed another year in the oven. great game... but the feature set, and blizzard over-casualised "we want money and followers over integrity" approach to design/features will bite them in the ass.

I honestly doubt the e-sport scene will become anything special. I'l be suprised if this turns out to be anymore popular than the failure that is Heroes of the Storm... But that being said, the game is great, but I question alot of it.... its certainly not a 10.

More of a 10 than friggin uncharted or MGS4 though ... f*cking reviews dont have a clue.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By iandizion713

@MBirdy88: Heroes of the Storm did and is still doing amazing. Sure, it got a lot of hate, but all Blizzard games do.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I'll check it out when it goes free to play.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@ten_pints said:

I'll check it out when it goes free to play.

Give it a couple of months.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#188 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Got a 9

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@iandizion713: Just glanced at the summaries at Metacritic

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By iandizion713

@Alucard_Prime: O i see it now, you talking about that 80 score review. Yeah, they were expecting something different. To be honest, i thought this game would be free also, but that was back when it announced.

Avatar image for terminalyinsane
TerminalyInsane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 TerminalyInsane
Member since 2016 • 99 Posts

I'm enjoying the game. The price of $60 doesn't bother me because there is no season pass. All future content is free. Also the cartoon graphics is fine because not every game has to have realistic graphics.........It's called variety.

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#192 Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

Like others have said, a 98 out of five reviews? Calling it the second highest rated game of all time is pretty damn misleading under that context.

The beta was fun and polished to a shine. It was highly reminiscent of Team Fortress 2 in most of the right ways, but the easy pick up & play nature will likely stunt any competitive potential the game could have had. My enjoyment was already beginning to fade while playing the beta because there was barely an ounce of depth to sink your teeth into.

Still, it seems like it'll be a blast with friends, so I may get it when the price drops.

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts

Wow Blizzard does it again...guess they found their new "WoW" for this gen.

And here comes the clones WoW Overwatch clones!

I would love to get into this but I'm not sure I like to dedicate majority of my gaming time to get good at this, this game seems to require lots of it,especially the teamwork part.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

LOL!!!

96 outta 7 critics...Let's see how this turns out when we will have like hundred more...Only then you can celebrate it as the second Messiah!!!

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

This is a prime example of why many consolites are a joke.

Apparently, if a franchise originates on PC and is later announced to be ported to consoles, then it's a "multiplat," but if a title originates on a console and is later ported to PCs, then it's a "console port."

Blizzard primarily exists in their current form due to their successes with the PC game market.

The same is true for CD Projekt Red, Rockstar, Bethesda, and even EA.

EA Sports would never have been a thing without all of the support EA got from PC gamers prior to their transition into the console market.

PC gamers put all of these companies on the map and gave them the revenue required to even consider going multiplat.

Consolites conveniently like to either forget or are too ignorant to know better when the majority of the most popular "multiplat" franchises originated on PC (i.e. Battlefield, CoD, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Witcher, GTA, Shadow Warrior, Doom, Quake, Unreal, XCOM, Don't Starve, etc.)

Can PC gamers take credit for the successes of CAPCOM, FromSoftware, or Square?

No, that would be ridiculous as they were traditionally console developers, who, like the PC companies I mentioned, were afforded the ability to expand their market due to their successes in the console market.

In short, thank the hermits for supporting some of your favorite "multiplat" developers because without them, it's unlikely that they'd either exist or have their work be ported to consoles if it weren't for their support on their original platform.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@MBirdy88: Heroes of the Storm did and is still doing amazing. Sure, it got a lot of hate, but all Blizzard games do.

"amazing" for a blizzard game? for a moba? no ... its surviving on its name and fan service alone. it's not even a fraction of DoTA/LoL's impact

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

The copious amounts of porn are saving it.

Give it a few months and it'll die down considerably. It's the proverbial flavor of the month game, even more so with how casual it is.

It's like the checkers of shooters, anyone can play and feel special.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Zergforlife

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Give it a few months and it'll die down considerably. It's the proverbial flavor of the month game, even more so with how casual it is.

Want to bet this won't be the case for the PC version?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@zergforlife said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Oh I'm sure it'll maintain a certain percentage of it's waifu obsessed neck-beardian audience. But those that want an actual rewarding shooter that supports skill based gameplay will seek greener pastures or just return to their old stomping grounds.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Zergforlife

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@zergforlife said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Oh I'm sure it'll maintain a certain percentage of it's waifu obsessed neck-beardian audience. But those that want an actual rewarding shooter that supports skill based gameplay will seek greener pastures or just return to their old stomping grounds.

It'll probably be the 2nd or 3rd most played PC shooter for years to come, and probably 2nd biggest esports tournaments. That's no small feat.