Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#201 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@charizard1605: This game is nowhere near top 10 of all time.

For its price it lacks so many things , i wonder how the hell someone can score it as high as 10/10 when offering limited maps/modes , no rank matches , no single/story mode and there are balance issues left and right.

How the hell everyone going crazy AND scoring it 10/10. Im wondering if all those "omfg , the best ever " blizzboys would give a damn if this game was coming from anyone else than Blizzard. I bet not even 1/10 of how many praising OW now would even care about it.

And lets be honest , yes its design and gameplay might be some of the best there is for its genre but SO IT WAS FOR STREET FIGHTER 5 for its. Everyone bashed SF5 giving it low scores for lacking single player / story mode and some other options here and there even if it got praised for its gameplay and online features and now , Overwatch is a different story ha ?

Im not trying to say Overwatch doesnt deserve AAA status or close to that ... im trying ti say that considering this is a full priced game and lacking modes and maps and ranking and its unbalanced .. how the hell is a different story than what SF5 was ( since everyone said again and again , SF5 might be the best fighter ever gameplay wise ) and some reviewers scoring it as a perfect game ? It doesnt make any sense !

Ill tell you the only reason i can think of ... It is a BLIZZARD game. I wish i could prove that by going back in time and re-release this exact game as other c ompany than Blizzard behind it and see the results. Maybe ill call Bran Stark from Game of thrones and ask him to do so.

Anyways , personally , theres no way to give 40-60$ for a game that could have been easily a F2P game just because is a blizzard game. No , no and no. I did that shit with Diablo 3 which i found so bad ( huge fan of diablo/diablo 2 and path of exile here ) yet everyone , critics and fans , were going nuts about it after its release ... guess why ?! Yes , because it was a blizzard game.

OVERWATCH SECOND HIGHEST RATED GAME OF ALL TIME ? Rofl , even with the idea of that. Lets talk after 70-80 reviews .

Dude, check your salt levels and take off the tin foil hat. Blizzard let everyone who wanted to do so play the full game for hours and hours before it was released. Everyone who had interest knew exactly what they were getting into when they put down their forty dollars. The people who just jump on fads and let the hype wash over them burnt out before release day. Those cheering the game on are doing so because they have dropped a dozen or more hours into it, are having a blast, and think they are going to have a blast for a lot longer.

If you drop forty bucks based solely on the publisher that is fine, but stop projecting.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

My argument is not that its better on PC....in fact if I buy it I'll get it for PC bc I really didn't like it on the PS4.

But giving credit to a platform?

Only the dumbest of dumb do that shit. If it's good it's bc Blizzard made it good not bc PC exists.

The irony in this is that Blizzard exists because of PC, and not the other way around.

Where you going to put those goal posts?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Mr_Huggles_dog
@Dasein808 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Only the dumbest of dumb do that shit. If it's good it's bc Blizzard made it good not bc PC exists.

This is a prime example of why many consolites are a joke.

Apparently, if a franchise originates on PC and is later announced to be ported to consoles, then it's a "multiplat," but if a title originates on a console and is later ported to PCs, then it's a "console port."

Blizzard primarily exists in their current form due to their successes with the PC game market.

The same is true for CD Projekt Red, Rockstar, Bethesda, and even EA.

EA Sports would never have been a thing without all of the support EA got from PC gamers prior to their transition into the console market.

PC gamers put all of these companies on the map and gave them the revenue required to even consider going multiplat.

Consolites conveniently like to either forget or are too ignorant to know better when the majority of the most popular "multiplat" franchises originated on PC (i.e. Battlefield, CoD, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Witcher, GTA, Shadow Warrior, Doom, Quake, Unreal, XCOM, Don't Starve, etc.)

Can PC gamers take credit for the successes of CAPCOM, FromSoftware, or Square?

No, that would be ridiculous as they were traditionally console developers, who, like the PC companies I mentioned, were afforded the ability to expand their market due to their successes in the console market.

In short, thank the hermits for supporting some of your favorite "multiplat" developers because without them, it's unlikely that they'd either exist or have their work be ported to consoles if it weren't for their support on their original platform.

I game on PC as well....SURPRISE!!!!

Either way....youre making things up in your head. Console ports are bc of games like Batman AK, MK etc.

And no one uses that term as an insult.....not that I've seen. Just a way to say the port wasn't worthy.

The same could be said if it worked the other way around.

Youre just reading into things to justify "console gamers r stoopid, hur dur!"

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#204  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@kittennose said:
@AzatiS said:

@charizard1605: This game is nowhere near top 10 of all time.

For its price it lacks so many things , i wonder how the hell someone can score it as high as 10/10 when offering limited maps/modes , no rank matches , no single/story mode and there are balance issues left and right.

How the hell everyone going crazy AND scoring it 10/10. Im wondering if all those "omfg , the best ever " blizzboys would give a damn if this game was coming from anyone else than Blizzard. I bet not even 1/10 of how many praising OW now would even care about it.

And lets be honest , yes its design and gameplay might be some of the best there is for its genre but SO IT WAS FOR STREET FIGHTER 5 for its. Everyone bashed SF5 giving it low scores for lacking single player / story mode and some other options here and there even if it got praised for its gameplay and online features and now , Overwatch is a different story ha ?

Im not trying to say Overwatch doesnt deserve AAA status or close to that ... im trying ti say that considering this is a full priced game and lacking modes and maps and ranking and its unbalanced .. how the hell is a different story than what SF5 was ( since everyone said again and again , SF5 might be the best fighter ever gameplay wise ) and some reviewers scoring it as a perfect game ? It doesnt make any sense !

Ill tell you the only reason i can think of ... It is a BLIZZARD game. I wish i could prove that by going back in time and re-release this exact game as other c ompany than Blizzard behind it and see the results. Maybe ill call Bran Stark from Game of thrones and ask him to do so.

Anyways , personally , theres no way to give 40-60$ for a game that could have been easily a F2P game just because is a blizzard game. No , no and no. I did that shit with Diablo 3 which i found so bad ( huge fan of diablo/diablo 2 and path of exile here ) yet everyone , critics and fans , were going nuts about it after its release ... guess why ?! Yes , because it was a blizzard game.

OVERWATCH SECOND HIGHEST RATED GAME OF ALL TIME ? Rofl , even with the idea of that. Lets talk after 70-80 reviews .

Dude, check your salt levels and take off the tin foil hat. Blizzard let everyone who wanted to do so play the full game for hours and hours before it was released. Everyone who had interest knew exactly what they were getting into when they put down their forty dollars. The people who just jump on fads and let the hype wash over them burnt out before release day. Those cheering the game on are doing so because they have dropped a dozen or more hours into it, are having a blast, and think they are going to have a blast for a lot longer.

If you drop forty bucks based solely on the publisher that is fine, but stop projecting.

Salt levels ? Truth hurts. Now go pay for a game that could have been a F2P easily just because its coming from Blizzard and have fun with it. Let me have my opinion on this.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 KittenNose

@AzatiS said:

Salt levels ? Truth hurts. Now go pay for a game that could have been a F2P easily just because its coming from Blizzard and have fun with it. Let me have my opinion on this.

You are not offering your opinion, you are assigning one to people who disagree with you. If you decide what games you buy based on publisher instead of fun that is fine, but stop projecting.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Zergforlife
Member since 2016 • 467 Posts

lol Azatis is going to bitter for so many years, this game is going to be HUGE on PC.

How many months till he caves and becomes one of OW premiere players?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#207 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@zergforlife said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@ghosts4ever said:

The actual game (Doom) which deserve 10 didnot got but this cartoonish crap with no SP (which is rip off) getting 100. great

another overrated game of this generation

Holy christ.....stole the words right out of my mouth.

Only unlike Doom, this will have a pretty high player count for years and years to come, be constantly updated with full content, and be a dominant E-sports title.

Doom is great, but it's no Overwatch.

its not really that great. i found a few of the character greatly over powered...balance has been a plague for Blizzard for a long time now.

it was also repetitive as shit.

It might be a good game and just not for me....but 10's across the board?

No way.

You basically retorted your post. It's not for you. Does that mean the people that it "is for" can't give it a 10?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@cainetao11: in the end ppl will give it their own score.

Even though it's not for me, I can judge a game for what it does....not for what it doesn't do like so many seem to do.

I don't like TF2 either, but I can see why others do. I just don't see it being a game worthy of a bunch of 10's. I have nothing against Blizzard and it's a multiplatform game so it's not like I have some sort of bias.

Objectively, in my eyes it seems like an 8 or 9. From what I played in the beta.

Just my opinion.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Well, it's fallen down to 94 on MC with only 11 reviews in. :P You might want to change your clickbait the thread title OP.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By cainetao11

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@cainetao11: in the end ppl will give it their own score.

Even though it's not for me, I can judge a game for what it does....not for what it doesn't do like so many seem to do.

I don't like TF2 either, but I can see why others do. I just don't see it being a game worthy of a bunch of 10's. I have nothing against Blizzard and it's a multiplatform game so it's not like I have some sort of bias.

Objectively, in my eyes it seems like an 8 or 9. From what I played in the beta.

Just my opinion.

And you're entitled to it. Just saying others are as entitled to give it 10s or 1s. I mean have you ever given a game that wasn't for you a 10?

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#211 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Down to a 94 on Metacritic (11 reviews) and 95 on OpenCritic (11 scored reviews, 15 reviews total.)

Not bad at all. I don't have much interest in the game, but maybe I'll check it out in a couple months at a discount.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By AzatiS

@kittennose said:
@AzatiS said:

You are not offering your opinion, you are assigning one to people who disagree with you. If you decide what games you buy based on publisher instead of fun that is fine, but stop projecting.

What ? Im stating a VALID point that you and everyone around has no answer. I havent heard a decent answer yet. Also , i didnt jump on anyones opinion , you on the other hand jumped on mine. Seems that the salt is real over my opinion.

I stated again and again its my opinion , is that hard to understand that ? lol. Its that you dont like what im saying and at the same time what im saying makes sense ... so you getting salty bro , right ? Hehe ! But dont get so upset , its just an opinion as i said numerous times already.

And i agree with you 100% . If someone buys every shit just because its coming from X developer or X publisher out of fanboyism = pathetic. My opinion as well.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By AzatiS

@zergforlife said:

lol Azatis is going to bitter for so many years, this game is going to be HUGE on PC.

Why to be bitter ? Im just stating a valid point out of curiosity more than anything.

Also , when Overwatch SHOP becomes a reality ill be around to remind you what kind of marketing victims were you to spend 60$ for this.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I might give it a shot if it goes F2P. It's really hard for me to justify spending a lot of money on a shooter with no single player.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#215  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@AzatiS: Problem is, you cant put a price on fun, its an argument youll never win. Its like saying since GTAV is $60 all other games should lower their price to $30-50. The world dont work like that, i rather spend $60 on Kirby: Robobot then spend $60 on GTAV.

But if you want to wait for a price drop, then thats a good ideal too, most games do have great sales and the market is filled with great prices. I think people forget that TF2 didnt start out free.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

This is a Blizzard game, what did you expect? enough said...

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#217 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2951 Posts

They call it overwatch because it's like standing over a toilet watching shit flush down it

Just like your money

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@charizard1605 And this is why you don't crazy hype with just 5 reviews :P 94 with 11 reviews.

I predict more or less the same 93 as UC4, but we'll need quite a bit more reviews until the number finally settles. Would be a great sign if it managed to stay at 94 or even climb a bit from there.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Mr_Huggles_dog

@cainetao11: I thought BF2 was near a 10.

I really don't play too much of a game if I know it's not for me.

In all honesty, Tribes 2 and A Link to the Past and Goldeneye are the only games I would consider giving 10's to.

I really don't worry too much with scores other than this forum or if someone asks specifically.

If I enjoy it, I enjoy it....personally I don't really think beyond that.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Well Uncharted 4's reign as highest rated current gen game didn't last very long... :P

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@AzatiS: Nobody cares that Blizzard made it.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: Multiplayer offers more replay value than singleplayer. I don't understand this logic.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Zergforlife

@AzatiS said:
@zergforlife said:

Why to be bitter ? Im just stating a valid point out of curiosity more than anything.

Also , when Overwatch SHOP becomes a reality ill be around to remind you what kind of marketing victims were you to spend 60$ for this.

$40, and this is going to have free maps/heroes. Only cosmetics will be in the shop. It's blizzard, bro.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Zergforlife

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I might give it a shot if it goes F2P. It's really hard for me to justify spending a lot of money on a shooter with no single player.

It won't go F2P. Also it's not hard for me to justify that, I've been doing it since Q3A, TF2, BF1942, UT, etc..

Tacked on terrible SP is for casual noobfests like BF/COD.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Desmonic  Moderator
@SexyJazzCat said:

@PurpleMan5000: Multiplayer offers more replay value than singleplayer. I don't understand this logic.

Eh, to each his own. Some people value a good, well made SP experience far more than even the greatest MP experiences available. It is what it is.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#226  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58977 Posts

It has 4% less, without that 4%, it's not "best game ever" - but "good".

Still 2% more than Team Fortress 2.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@SexyJazzCat said:

I have never played a multiplayer shooter for more than 15 or so hours. They are fun for a short time, but they always end up being the same thing over and over. This would be ok if the game launched at around $20, but by the time most shooters reach that price point, the multiplayer is already pretty dead.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 KittenNose

@AzatiS said:

What ? Im stating a VALID point that you and everyone around has no answer. I havent heard a decent answer yet. Also , i didnt jump on anyones opinion , you on the other hand jumped on mine. Seems that the salt is real over my opinion.

You have said time and time again that people only like it because it is made by Blizzard and calling them pathetic for doing so. If you don't think that qualifies as "jumping on anyone's opinion" or assigning people who disagree with you their opinions and so forth there isn't much to say.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 cainetao11

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@cainetao11: I thought BF2 was near a 10.

I really don't play too much of a game if I know it's not for me.

In all honesty, Tribes 2 and A Link to the Past and Goldeneye are the only games I would consider giving 10's to.

I really don't worry too much with scores other than this forum or if someone asks specifically.

If I enjoy it, I enjoy it....personally I don't really think beyond that.

I understand. My point was does anyone believe a game that isn't for them deserves a 10? I doubt many do.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@Dasein808 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Blizzard primarily exists in their current form due to their successes with the PC game market.

That's total bullshit and typical hermit delusions. Rockstar got big because of GTA III on PS2, every single 3D GTA game sold better on PlayStation, by a large margin.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 AzatiS

@iandizion713 said:

@AzatiS: Problem is, you cant put a price on fun, its an argument youll never win. Its like saying since GTAV is $60 all other games should lower their price to $30-50. The world dont work like that, i rather spend $60 on Kirby: Robobot then spend $60 on GTAV.

But if you want to wait for a price drop, then thats a good ideal too, most games do have great sales and the market is filled with great prices. I think people forget that TF2 didnt start out free.

I agree but on the other hand there are many having fun with SF5 as we speak. So fun isnt something subjective to the individual ? I mean , i barely could stand play OW for 2 hours straight before i uninstall it.

Anyways , thats not my point. Play what you like , pay what you like.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Zergforlife

Man I'm so glad at these high scores, best MP i played since TF2!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#233 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@AzatiS said:

I agree but on the other hand there are many having fun with SF5 as we speak. So fun isnt something subjective to the individual ? I mean , i barely could stand play OW for 2 hours straight before i uninstall it.

Anyways , thats not my point. Play what you like , pay what you like.

The lack of modes is a silly comparison, because it ignores the nature of it being a class based multiplayer. And an actual one, not like faux-class based game the way Call of Duty and Battlefield are or something. So simply doing team deathmatch with these mechanics wouldn't really fit the strengths of the gameplay system. They could do it, but I mean just take a look at BF4. It's mecahnics aren't that well suited for just straight TDM, it has TDM, and it's kind of a shit mode in that game.

Likewise things like CTF would require certain classes to out right being dropped, Lucios would have some major advantages in a CTF type play mode. So the modes thing is a bit of a wash, the lack of single player wasn't the only problem with Street Fighter V, because it wasn't just missing a single player. It was basic multiplayer shit, you didn't have versus lobbies for anything more than 2 people, in fucking Street Fighter. It was missing basic features that its predecessors had.

Overwatch, as far as basic stuff it's not missing anything. All the communication features are there (unlike Rainbow Six Siege, Destiny), proper lobbying systems are there (unlike Street Fighter), and all of the maps and future classes are guaranteed free. Unlike Street Fighter which has a grind, unlike Titanfall which had a season pass, unlike Battlefront which is EA shit.

Besides the concept that it plays beautifully, the modes it does have fit the general ebb n flow of that game beautifully and 12 maps in the context of modern multiplayer games for the last 10 years, isn't exactly below par. Unlike Street Fighter where it's one thing for it to be missing single player, but no fucking lobbies and it doesn't have basic teaching tools? For a fighting game? No that shit does not fly. Not when Killer Instinct of all games has an absurdly good fighting game teaching tool, not when Arcsystems consistently makes a great teaching engine, and not when Namco always been clowning cats in that department at least.

I agree Street Fighter V is a pretty great game, but a lot of its criticisms were justified, where as some of the knocks you're presenting against Overwatch is you fishing because you didn't like the game.

And the blizzard fanboy argument would not fly.

I think Diablo and games of its ilk are complete and utter nonsense, as they are shallow, boring, mindless skinner boxes that exchange gameplay depth for a loot grind to take advantage of the fact that gamers are in fact, shit. I've never so much as installed World of Warcraft, much less played it. And while Starcraft 2 is pretty rad, Blizzard's CG commercials and their stories? basically crap that only gamers can like. I like Overwatch, because it's a well made video game. I have no investment in the narrative of Blizzard the all mighty.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:
@Dasein808 said:

That's total bullshit and typical hermit delusions. Rockstar got big because of GTA III on PS2, every single 3D GTA game sold better on PlayStation, by a large margin.

3 would never have been a thing if it weren't for the success of the first on the PC.

The original wasn't even ported to the original Playstation until a year after its PC release. My consolite friends at the time had no idea what the game even was when it was first released on the Playstation because Rockstar didn't have the advertising budget they have these days. They were also more focused on the JRPGs and fighting games of the era.

Rockstar was already coming up after the success of the first two GTA titles. 3 simply allowed them to get even bigger due to the shift to 3D and a bigger advertising campaign.

Successful multiplat titles almost always sell better on closed platforms due to there being less competition from other titles and fewer available genres.

PC gaming has a library spanning decades and PC gamers have more diverse tastes due to the size of the library, the number of genres, and the range of platform power.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#235 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

no SP, no buy

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Zergforlife

@shawty_beatz said:

That's total bullshit and typical hermit delusions....blablabla

Gpuking, you going to play Overwatch on thumbsticks?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Ew

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#238 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

sorry but U4 trashes it

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This thread was a lesson to those that didn't know, on how metacritic and opencritic work (any aggregate site like Rotten tomatoes, etc), and hopefully a lesson on not to get to enthusiastic when only five reviews sprout. Need more reviews to compile before we know the final score.

One way to look at it is with school. The first two weeks of class you get a 100% on five papers, but you are still a long way before the semester is over. It's too early to claim that 4.0 average so early. I explained being cautious and to use the waiting game with metacritic a few years ago as a matter of fact.

94/100 metascore w/12 reviews = http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/overwatch?ref=hp

----

93/100 openscore w/ 14 reviews = http://opencritic.com/game/1673/overwatch

Overwatch at metacritic is now only at a 94/100 with 12 Reviews, well under the expected 60+ reviews still incoming which will also presumably lower the final metascore.

Mark my words, the score is going to go DOWN as more critics are compiled, which is typical of metasites.

I wonder what scores tomorrow will bring?
I wonder what scores tomorrow will bring?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:
@Dasein808 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

I heard that Rockstar Red Dead Redemption game was really good, too bad it never released for PC despite numerous rumors and petitions.

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@Dasein808 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

I heard that Rockstar Red Dead Redemption game was really good, too bad it never released for PC despite numerous rumors and petitions.

yay that was very unexpected from R*, mods would have made this game even more interesting.

Let's hope RDR2 gets PC version :)

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7704 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@Dasein808 said:

It was really good indeed and too bad Rockstar didn't bother optimizing their win32 dev version and releasing it on PC, given how well gta V for example sold on PC, even with the late release(well at least it turned out to be the superior version). On PC the game could still be alive today as open world games tend to have longer lifespan thanks to mods, like you can still mod Skyrim to look acceptable on PC up to this day, but man booting Skyrim on ps3? I wouldn't think about that for a second.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#243 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts
@SolidTy said:

This thread was a lesson to those that didn't know, on how metacritic and opencritic work (any aggregate site like Rotten tomatoes, etc), and hopefully a lesson on not to get to enthusiastic when only five reviews sprout. Need more reviews to compile before we know the final score.

One way to look at it is with school. The first two weeks of class you get a 100% on five papers, but you are still a long way before the semester is over. It's too early to claim that 4.0 average so early. I explained being cautious and to use the waiting game with metacritic a few years ago as a matter of fact.

94/100 metascore w/12 reviews = http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/overwatch?ref=hp

----

93/100 openscore w/ 14 reviews = http://opencritic.com/game/1673/overwatch

Overwatch at metacritic is now only at a 94/100 with 12 Reviews, well under the expected 60+ reviews still incoming which will also presumably lower the final metascore.

Indeed, the score will more or less start to drop but I think it will be somwhere between 85-90.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#244 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Edited the topic title again

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Shawty_Beatz

@Dasein808 said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@Dasein808 said:

3 would never have been a thing if it weren't for the success of the first on the PC.

The original wasn't even ported to the original Playstation until a year after its PC release.

GTA 1 was released in October 1997 for PC and in the middle December 1997 for PS1. This is at best a month and not anywhere close to a year. The NA version of it came out later in 1998 for PC and PS1, so I hope you weren't going to use the EU release date for the PC version and the NA release date for the PS1 version. Even then, it wouldn't be close to a year.

The same goes for the second title, only around a month difference in release dates.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Shawty_Beatz

@zergforlife said:
@shawty_beatz said:

That's total bullshit and typical hermit delusions....blablabla

Gpuking, you going to play Overwatch on thumbsticks?

Awh wanna move the goalpost, huh?

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Shawty_Beatz

@badtaker said:
@SolidTy said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@Dasein808 said:

yay that was very unexpected from R*, mods would have made this game even more interesting.

Let's hope RDR2 gets PC version :)

Same here, GTA games are like Bethesda games, 1000 times better on PC thanks to all these mods. I'm still hoping for Rockstar to make a HD Remaster for RDR and hopefully that will also come to PC then.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Shawty_Beatz

@howmakewood said:
@SolidTy said:
@shawty_beatz said:

It was really good indeed and too bad Rockstar didn't bother optimizing their win32 dev version and releasing it on PC, given how well gta V for example sold on PC, even with the late release(well at least it turned out to be the superior version). On PC the game could still be alive today as open world games tend to have longer lifespan thanks to mods, like you can still mod Skyrim to look acceptable on PC up to this day, but man booting Skyrim on ps3? I wouldn't think about that for a second.

Haha I still have my PS3 version of GTA V, which became unplayable after playing the PC version. Mouse + Keyboard makes a huge difference already as long as you're not in a car, heck, even when you're in a car and want to shoot at someone, it's just so much better with m+kb. Not to mention the thousands of high quality mods that are available.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Desmonic  Moderator

@charizard1605: Hey remember when this was at 98 with 5 reviews? Good crazy hype times! :P

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

This game should be free to play, plain and simple. Not enough in the game to explain or justify a $60 price point. Main reason it's getting all this attention is because it's blizzard, if it was any other company making the game it probably wouldn't get this much hype and attention.