NPD January results (#'sTBA, PS41 ,XO2, Wii U 65k)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ButDuuude said:

@kingtito said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@kingtito said:

@tormentos: Sorry loser but if they're still selling the original SKU then it's not a price drop. I know you're a loser cow but damn dude.

Kinectless Sku went from 399 to 350. With Kinect went from 499 to 450. That is a price drop by definition.

Is it a $150 price drop like El Tormented is claiming? I've already conceded the original $50 price drop but not $150.

$500 - $150 = $350

Yes, it is.

You can't be serious?

XOne with Kinect == $450

XOne without Kinect == $350

Original XOne with Kinect == $500

I don't see a $150 price drop here dude. Max I see is $50 for the Kinect version.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#252 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Zero_epyon: Different thread. El Tormented and I have been going back and fourth on this for a while.

Oh ok.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja: Sure, if you can point out that they're only selling the Kinectless SKU. That I couldn't walk into a store and buy the XOne WITH Kinect. Selling a SKU minus the Kinect is not a price drop, it's a different SKU.

See, you keep saying that.. but the problem is that MS kept issuing statements that there were NO PLANS to sell a Kinectless SKU.

So, yes. It was a price drop. It was an unplanned move according to their press releases. It was never a consideration until they were getting absolutely curb stomped and had no other choice.

Price drop. Deal with it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Shewgenja

@kingtito

You’ll still need to install your games, have a Kinect plugged in, and download a day one update, Xbox corporate vice-president Marc Whitten has said, despite today’s Xbox One policy changes.

Thursday, 20 June 2013

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/20/xbox-one-day-one-update-installs-and-kinect-requirement-confirmed/

The damn thing originally couldn't even have an O/S without the Kinect present at time of installation. That is how intrinsic Kinect was. So, you lose the debate. I not only proved that MS was rooking people into buying $500 machines while initially planning to have a price cut but also that the machine was originally intentionally designed to use it from the word go.

Your console is only failing by the margin it is failing because it is an amputee. Fact

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#255 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

kind of a lame month. Nothing to see here folks.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Shewgenja

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Except the death spiral of the XBox as a brand.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The PS4 still doesn't have any games that should make anyone go out and buy one.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@@@

@Shewgenja said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Except the Xbox One is the fastest selling Xbox console ever, even beating the 360 the console that placed second last gen before the start of the current gen.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Shewgenja

@xhawk27 said:

@@@

@Shewgenja said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Except the Xbox One is the fastest selling Xbox console ever, even beating the 360 the console that placed second last gen before the start of the current gen.

It just failed to outsell the Original XBox in January '03 NPD. Thanks for playing.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito

You’ll still need to install your games, have a Kinect plugged in, and download a day one update, Xbox corporate vice-president Marc Whitten has said, despite today’s Xbox One policy changes.

Thursday, 20 June 2013

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/20/xbox-one-day-one-update-installs-and-kinect-requirement-confirmed/

The damn thing originally couldn't even have an O/S without the Kinect present at time of installation. That is how intrinsic Kinect was. So, you lose the debate. I not only proved that MS was rooking people into buying $500 machines while initially planning to have a price cut but also that the machine was originally intentionally designed to use it from the word go.

Your console is only failing by the margin it is failing because it is an amputee. Fact

The damn Kinect requirement was removed PRIOR to the launch. Say what you want but the price drop is $50 and NOT $150 like you and El Tormented are trying to imply.

There is no debate super cow, the Kinect SKU is still selling and at a $450 price tag. The Kinecless SKU is selling for $350 which it debuted at $400 so again only a $50 price cut.

I know it sucks hating on a piece of plastic for no reason doesn't it cow?

Nice try though kid...... FACT new SKU =/= price cut especially while the ORIGINAL SKU is still selling.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja: Sure, if you can point out that they're only selling the Kinectless SKU. That I couldn't walk into a store and buy the XOne WITH Kinect. Selling a SKU minus the Kinect is not a price drop, it's a different SKU.

See, you keep saying that..but the problem is that MS kept issuing statements that there were NO PLANS to sell a Kinectless SKU.

So, yes. It was a price drop. It was an unplanned move according to their press releases. It was never a consideration until they were getting absolutely curb stomped and had no other choice.

And that has what to do with the fact that they did and it's a new SKU? Who care what the original plans were when the FACT is they have 2 DIFFERENT SKUs. 2 different SKU at 2 DIFFERENT prices. Both are selling for $50 less than when they launched and THAT == $50, NOT $150.

You keep clinging to your hate of MS and the XOne kid, I'll enjoy both consoles AND my gaming PC.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

There has been only one price drop. A new sku is just that, a new sku.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

...especially while the ORIGINAL SKU is still selling.

But if you hurry, you can get one. Fulfilled by Amazon, even.

Loading Video...

Lord, you walked right into that. So delicious! Ya'll never learn.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

To save costs should 3rd party devs only make games for the PS4 and then port over only the big hits to the much slower selling and weaker xbone? It would be a win win for everybody. Devs save money. Xboners still get a few multiplats like COD and Madden.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 kingtito

@Shewgenja: I walked into something I've been saying from the start? Ummm yeah ok kid. Keep hating on that plastic son.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#266 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

they used to say PS4 was winning because of the price, i wonder what there gonna say as an excuse now.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

@Shewgenja: I walked into something I've been saying from the start? Ummm yeah ok kid. Keep hating on that plastic son.

.. .

Man, you know shit has gone wrong when "But my system doesn't sell for shit" is considered a viable System Wars defense. I mean, that does have to be a new low here and that is an accomplishment.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 kingtito

@thegreatgeneral: You're an idiot. Stop responding to me

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#269  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@kingtito said:

just buy a PS4 and leave the butthurt behind. The Xbone is done.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

You're the idiot trying to sell us on the idea that MS hasn't launched the most impressive race to the bottom dollar value of a console in it's second year in entire console history.

I mean, seriously. Where do we draw the line? Are Cows supposed to leap from the rafters every time someone mentions the PS3 being $600 at launch because there was the $500 gimp pack? Get the eff outta here with all that. It is what it is and the only one it's not painfully obvious to is you. So much so, you've resorted to crying about people bullying a "plastic box" in System Wars and calling them Cows for not eating your lies and backwards ass bullshit.

Go cry your Lemming tears in the corner with the rest of them hiding from here right now if your game is going to be that weak-sauce. I mean, if Cows didn't even attempt that level of DC for all of last gen when they actually had a leg to stand on, what makes you think it's going to fly for the Bone?

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

We all know the bone had no chance WW. But after seeing these numbers in NA are people on the fence going to be nervous to buy a xbone now? How long will M$ even make these things?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 kingtito

@Gue1 said:

@kingtito said:

The PS4 and PC are all I have right now cow. Feeling stupid?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

@Gue1 said:

@kingtito said:

Come on man, your posting history is full on Lem.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By kingtito

@Shewgenja: The only idiot here is you kid. I don't care what you're claiming MS has done with the XOne. That has NOTHING to do with what I'm saying. 2 different SKUs =/= $150 price drop. That's it cow and I could care less what you think about MS as a company or their strat.

You keep the hate up son, it's about all you have.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

@Gue1 said:

@kingtito said:

Come on man, your posting history is full on Lem.

Doesn't mean I own the XOne cow. All I have is the PS4 and my PC. I'll get an XOne later but I'm fine with the 2 for now. Keep hating cow.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Shewgenja

@kingtito said:

Doesn't mean I own the XOne cow. All I have is the PS4 and my PC. I'll get an XOne later but I'm fine with the 2 for now. Keep hating cow.

I thought the story was..

You had a Bone and then sold it? It's hard to keep up.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#277 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Wow kingtito is having an epic meltdown. Xbone sucks. Sorry kid, it's a fact. Sales suck. It's getting owned and so are you.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 kingtito

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

I thought the story was..

You had a Bone and then sold it? It's hard to keep up.

Which would mean I only have a PS4 and PC. Wow you're sharp.

Like I said, I'll get an XOne later on but for now I'm fine with the PS4 and PC.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

Doesn't explain why it was ahead before the price drop. Oh wait, that would require thinking. Amazon can be organized by week you know that right?

Also lol, not one person said they were scammed it's all imaginary hot air with a hint of fairy dust.

It wasn't ahead before the price drop you silly troll..lol

You are a thief and a scammer..lol

@kingtito said:

@tormentos: Sorry loser but if they're still selling the original SKU then it's not a price drop. I know you're a loser cow but damn dude.

Actually you are the loser sad lemming until you prove to me that MS had a $400 unit on launch you have no point period,$150 was drop from the price of the xbox one period that is a fact now you can get it for $349 on february 2014 it was $500.

@blackace said:

Different SKU dumb dumbs. The $500 XB1/Kinect SKU is NOT $350. It's $450. Hence $50 price drop. The $400 XB1 only SKU dropped to $350. Once again $50 price drop. You idiots said I was bad at math. You clueless trolls are a joke.

Is the $500 asking price of Xbox One too rich for your blood? Turns out you're not alone, and Microsoft's responding: the price of the Xbox One is dropping to $400, and the company's dropping Kinect from the box as well.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/13/xbox-one-400-dollars/

The removal of Kinect is irrelevant because if the unit would have not drop the price it would still be $500 without Kinect,MS remove Kinect and dropped the price $100 it was an official price drop,if not the Kinectles sku would be $500.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 kingtito

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Actually you are the loser sad lemming until you prove to me that MS had a $400 unit on launch you have no point period,$150 was drop from the price of the xbox one period that is a fact now you can get it for $349 on february 2014 it was $500.

Once again El Tormented, I don't need to prove it. The proof is when you walk into a store selling XOnes and you're able to purchase the Kinect SKU for $450. Removing items from the original and selling it for less isn't the same thing. It HAS to be cheaper because you're selling it without certain things.

El Tormented you continue to show what a joke you are.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 tormentos

@kingtito said:

You can't be serious?

XOne with Kinect == $450

XOne without Kinect == $350

Original XOne with Kinect == $500

I don't see a $150 price drop here dude. Max I see is $50 for the Kinect version.

You can't be serious.

XBO on Holiday 2013 $500 ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY.

XBO holiday 2014 $349 with 2 free games + a $50 gift card.

What you would have pay if you bough 2 games and an xbox one on holiday 2013 $620 dollars.

What you payed for the xbox one with 2 games on holiday 2014 $349,+ you get $50 card.

See it as you want butthurt lemming fact is now you can buy an xbox one for $349 which wasn't the case on 2013 it was $500 so yeah $150 less.

@xhawk27 said:

@@@

I challenge that theory already the xbox 360 shipped to retailers 10.4 million units on its first year,and MS didn't hide they scream it,they shipped 10 million on November 2014 but many of those still selling today.

Worse the xbox 360 did 10.4 million with a on record shortage that lasted from November 2005 to April 2006,the xbox 360 didn't gave free games,nor wasn't selling under its retail price 2 months after launch with free hot games like Oblivion like the xbox one did with titanfall,the xbox 360 didn't get a $150 price cut to spark sales,the xbox 360 first price drop was $50 and happen almost 2 years after the consoles launched.

So even that it wasn't giving freebies and getting huge price drops the xbox 360 shipped on par or more than the xbox one in the same time frame.

@Shewgenja said:

It just failed to outsell the Original XBox in January '03 NPD. Thanks for playing.

Is quite epic isn't it..hahahaa

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 kingtito

@tormentos: I guess you just can't understand what the difference between having 2 SKUs and having just 1 is.

No point in trying to continue this conversation. Your head is so far up Sony's ass you can't seem to tell. You seem to think because it launched with the Kinect SKU only, that removing Kinect and offering that different SKU is a price drop and not an new SKU entirely.

Continue to be a clown El Tormented.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 tormentos

@kingtito said:

@tormentos: I guess you just can't understand what the difference between having 2 SKUs and having just 1 is.

No point in trying to continue this conversation. Your head is so far up Sony's ass you can't seem to tell. You seem to think because it launched with the Kinect SKU only, that removing Kinect and offering that different SKU is a price drop and not an new SKU entirely.

Who can see the difference is you butthurt lemming Site saw the price drop as just that and the price was drop,.there was no 2 sku on launch period,unlike the PS3 and 360,it was just 1 and MS removed Kinent from the unit and DROPPED the price to reflect what they took away but the price was DROP period it wasn't $500 any more it was $400 regardless of the Kinect one still been sold.

Buying a game on most of November 2014 with a PS4 was $460 because the bundle didn't enter into action until Black Friday and was 1 day only,that was the same price you payed on November 2013 for a PS4 with 1 game.

On xbox one that wasn't the case the unit was $500 and with 2 games $620 on 2013,on holiday 2014 it was $349 with 2 games, that was a $271 dollars saving compare to holiday 2013 which is HUGE and unseen ever on the console market and that doesn't even include the $50 gift card which would rise that saving to $321...

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Hahaha this thread is amazing. Step it up, @blackace, there's a new meltdown king in town.

@TigerSuperman said:

It's 40k learn to count, 5-9 is 4 not 5. Lol. Also uh, no that would assume that the Xbox one never wins or that it will always be 40k and never less or never more, in other words, garbage. Keep in mind that is 40k WITH the around 2 weeks $399 price raise. That's not much at all

It won't win. It never budged post-price drop and it's still getting destroyed halfway into the month.

PS4 looking good for that million lead into the holidays.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@kingtito said:

It is? Well crap, what have I been playing all these games on? *goes to check*....oh you rascal!

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

See, you keep saying that.. but the problem is that MS kept issuing statements that there were NO PLANS to sell a Kinectless SKU.

They also said they had no plans to change DRM and no plans not to make Kinect NOT required.

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hahaha this thread is amazing. Step it up, @blackace, there's a new meltdown king in town.

@TigerSuperman said:

It's 40k learn to count, 5-9 is 4 not 5. Lol. Also uh, no that would assume that the Xbox one never wins or that it will always be 40k and never less or never more, in other words, garbage. Keep in mind that is 40k WITH the around 2 weeks $399 price raise. That's not much at all

It won't win. It never budged post-price drop and it's still getting destroyed halfway into the month.

PS4 looking good for that million lead into the holidays.

How can you tell it's getting destroyed? You need numbers for that. Also saying it won't win makes no sense.

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Who can see the difference is you butthurt lemming Site saw the price drop as just that and the price was drop,.there was no 2 sku on launch period,unlike the PS3 and 360,it was just 1 and MS removed Kinent from the unit and DROPPED the price to reflect what they took away but the price was DROP period it wasn't $500 any more it was $400 regardless of the Kinect one still been sold.

Buying a game on most of November 2014 with a PS4 was $460 because the bundle didn't enter into action until Black Friday and was 1 day only,that was the same price you payed on November 2013 for a PS4 with 1 game.

On xbox one that wasn't the case the unit was $500 and with 2 games $620 on 2013,on holiday 2014 it was $349 with 2 games, that was a $271 dollars saving compare to holiday 2013 which is HUGE and unseen ever on the console market and that doesn't even include the $50 gift card which would rise that saving to $321...

Actually there were 3 sku's, The Forza 5 SKu was actually $450 for a bit during launch at select retailers.

@tormentos said:

@TigerSuperman said:

Doesn't explain why it was ahead before the price drop. Oh wait, that would require thinking. Amazon can be organized by week you know that right?

Also lol, not one person said they were scammed it's all imaginary hot air with a hint of fairy dust.

It wasn't ahead before the price drop you silly troll..lol

You are a thief and a scammer..lol

@kingtito said:

@blackace said:

Different SKU dumb dumbs. The $500 XB1/Kinect SKU is NOT $350. It's $450. Hence $50 price drop. The $400 XB1 only SKU dropped to $350. Once again $50 price drop. You idiots said I was bad at math. You clueless trolls are a joke.

Is the $500 asking price of Xbox One too rich for your blood? Turns out you're not alone, and Microsoft's responding: the price of the Xbox One is dropping to $400, and the company's dropping Kinect from the box as well.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/13/xbox-one-400-dollars/

The removal of Kinect is irrelevant because if the unit would have not drop the price it would still be $500 without Kinect,MS remove Kinect and dropped the price $100 it was an official price drop,if not the Kinectles sku would be $500.

So much so nothing was stolen and no one was scammed. Amazing. But remember the plan of tormentos, exclude things he's wrong about, spout nonsense to cover his ass. Also yes the XBL gold was in the top 5 before the price drop. Poor tormo.

@Shewgenja said:

@kingtito said:

You're the idiot trying to sell us on the idea that MS hasn't launched the most impressive race to the bottom dollar value of a console in it's second year in entire console history.

I mean, seriously. Where do we draw the line? Are Cows supposed to leap from the rafters every time someone mentions the PS3 being $600 at launch because there was the $500 gimp pack? Get the eff outta here with all that. It is what it is and the only one it's not painfully obvious to is you. So much so, you've resorted to crying about people bullying a "plastic box" in System Wars and calling them Cows for not eating your lies and backwards ass bullshit.

Go cry your Lemming tears in the corner with the rest of them hiding from here right now if your game is going to be that weak-sauce. I mean, if Cows didn't even attempt that level of DC for all of last gen when they actually had a leg to stand on, what makes you think it's going to fly for the Bone?

3DO $700 and $600 with less at launch to $399 before the holidays and tier 2 launch, to $350 at end of 1994

PC-FX, drop to $99 by end of first year.

@blamix99 said:

they used to say PS4 was winning because of the price, i wonder what there gonna say as an excuse now.

1 month 40k difference

@Chutebox said:

There has been only one price drop. A new sku is just that, a new sku.

Don't use logic here, every post after this post you made is showing it won't work.

@Shewgenja said:

@xhawk27 said:

@@@

@Shewgenja said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

And the PS4 failed to beat the PS3, the PS1, The PS2, and The PSP. DAMN

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#287 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts
@kingtito said:

No need to get angry. So how about that picture I offered to you?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Fantastic meltdown ITT, blackace is yesterday's news.

@TigerSuperman said:

How can you tell it's getting destroyed? You need numbers for that. Also saying it won't win makes no sense.

550,000 unit lead on MS' home turf, 18.5 million to around 10 million sold worldwide. It's over.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

The PS4 still doesn't have any games that should make anyone go out and buy one.

Yeah... must be why it's crushing the boner.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Glad to see Dying Light at the top. Game is incredible.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#291  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Xbox one getting outsold even with a price-cut on their home turf is hilarious as ****.

It makes matters even worst next month with PS4 getting a heavily marketed IP set to move decent hardware units. Then comes MLB The Show closely followed by Bloodborne coming straight for the kill.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

This thread is hilarious.

The meltdowns are epic, no wonder lems are going apeshit in The Order hype thread trying to spoil the game for anyone who is interested in playing it despite the low *score* hype.

Fact is, lems know this (the order) new current gen IP coming out this month on PS4 and is going to sell units and a reason to buy a PS4 compared to NOTHING on xbone and considering the fact that there isn't a good or logical reason for anyone to buy an xbone over the PS4 in the first place.

Can't wait to see Feb sales thread considering that fact that lems hate on the Order with a passion but have no games on xbone to counter with regardless of score. Then there is BLOODBORNE releasing next month...Oh god the destruction and butthurt is going to be massive with xbone having nothing to pursuade people to buy an xbone for the next 7 to 8 months after.

Lems: bu bu Dah holiday season? bu bu Nov and Dec fire sale? bu bu who plays games during the year anyway?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@kinectthedots: February NPD is going to be boring just like this one if Sony wins. However, I suspect we won't see any lems jumping at creating the NPD threads this time around.