MS: Please support the ESRAM even though we are abandoning it. . . (Scorpio white papers reveal the sad truth)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#301 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@FastRobby said:
@Shewgenja said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Shewgenja: Did you read and understand the article no of course not. This is what I have come to expect from you. Anyway the scorpio is more powerful than the ps4 pro deal with it. In other news water is wet and the sky is blue.

That was never ever a point of contention even once. Ya'll were the ones saying that the Scorpio was going to be a true 4k console. Every single one of you think you're going to take pot shots at an argument that was never made. Face it, from now on, ya'll have to act realistic about this thing rather than putting it up on a pedestal of impossible proportions.

I won. I have been one of only a hand-full of posters saying that 6 TFlops would not do the trick or put your console impossibly beyond what the PS4 Pro does. You're going to have to learn to deal with that. This isn't 1080p vs 900p all over again. It will be a consistently sub-4k system versus a slightly less consistently 4k system and as the generation unfolds and PC cards get more powerfful the difference will only shrink.

You better hope MS has games lined up for this. The power difference, in terms of what is needed for 4k gaming, isn't going to be swinging any heads. My one and only reason for posting this thread was to put an end to the bullshitting and in those terms, it is an overwhelming success. The best part being that XBox One and S-Model owners will be getting completely effed over with this upgrade if the Scorpio proves to be the more popular model since developers will not sweat bullets to make the ESRam work for them. Doubly so, considering the tiled rendering and other sub-4k native techniques with the game engine are better assurances for what will certainly be the least popular model if PS4 Pro sales are anything to judge the prospects of Scorpio by.

Checkmate. Yes, I do understand what the article is saying. DO YOU? Your precious Scorpio is not too tall for the Gen 8 ride. Sorry not sorry.

Hahaha, saying he understands the article that NOWHERE is stating that it can't render natively 4K, hahaha, man yeah you won...

It's time you get realistic. The power difference is bigger between Scorpio, and PS Pro is bigger than it was for Xbox One, and PS4. In raw power, AND percentages. This is exactly 1080p vs. 900p all over again, because it's even going to be worse. Learn simple math before you create these topics, and learn to read, because you clearly didn't read the full article before posting it here. You're being owned left, and right about statements in the article that say the exact opposite of what you are claiming.

Ps: the simple math:

• Xbox One -> 1.3TF
  • PS4 -> 1.8TF

PS4 is 38.46% more powerful than the Xbox One

• PS Pro -> 4.2TF
  • Scorpio -> 6TF

Scorpio is 42.85% more powerful than the PS Pro

I won. Checkmate. You're owned. [other insecure premature cow cheering]

The comparison is like RX-470D (4.5 TFLOPS with 218 GB/s physical memory bandwidth) against R9-390X OC.

Don't forget memory bandwidth a major factor at 4K resolution which enables R9-390X to beat similar TFLOPS RX-480.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#303 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

Now that the Scorpio's GDDR5 has a higher bandwidth than the X1's ESRAM, that makes the ESRAM redundant.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By ronvalencia

@makemefamous07:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/55796/halo-dev-project-scorpio-beefier-expected/index.html

Halo dev: Project Scorpio is beefier than I expected

Frank O'Connor, a dev that works at Microsoft's first-party studio 343 Industries, is surprised by Project Scorpio's raw power

Eurogamer is not WikiLeaks i.e. Eurogamer doesn't leak source documents for independent verification

http://www.icxm.net/x/neogaf-project-scorpio-frank-o-connor-rumors-ryzen.html

Adding to the recent speculation of the subject is 343’s Frank O’Connor who has added fuel to the Scorpio fire. Responding to rumours on NeoGAF, O’Connor states, “Haha, although I probably “know“ in that I might have seen it in a slide or something, its literally not something I have time to think about now and I actually couldn’t remember whatever specs I’ve been exposed to even if I was tortured. I literally couldn’t leak or answer a question that went beyond “Can I do this? Does it support that? How many of these could it render?

“What I do remember is that it’s beefier than expected.”

source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=227886971#post227886971

A R9-390X like GPU and a s.hit CPU is not a good match.

AMD's 16 nm FinFET improvements for PS4 Pro's 2.1 Ghz CPU over XBO's 28 nm 1.75Ghz CPU is pitiful i.e. 20 percent increase.

Perhaps, AMD has better luck for their second generation FinFET products e.g. Vega's 4X perf/watt improvements over Polaris' 2.5X perf/watt.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#306 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Man oh man is there gonna be a lot of cow....er, I mean crow to eat. Ye ole this gon b gud.

Supah Mighty Scorpio Sting Inbound, Yeah baby yeah!! :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#307 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

I still can't find a reason why I need to buy Scorpio?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#308  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@commander said:
@ronvalencia said:

My point, quad core/4 thread Excavator at ~3Ghz is good enough for MSI R9-290X OC edition with 1020 Mhz clock speed which yields 5.744 TFLOPS.

For DX11, AMD drivers has single thread rendering.

why would they use excavator? what does single thread rendering has to do with any of this?

It's a well known near apples to apples comparison with very little multithreading.

Read http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-alien-isolation-face-off

Xbox One code suffers from fewer issues with the engine stalling, although the game struggles to maintain anything approaching a consistent 30fps. Frame-rates are extremely variable, with gameplay averaging 28fps for prolonged periods, with some noticeable screen tearing. Essentially, the framebuffer is flipped a little late if the render isn't able to deliver a complete frame in time for a 33.33ms refresh.

Judging by PC results on lower-end hardware, it doesn't seem outside the realms of possibility for the PS4 - and to a lesser extent the Xbox One - to deliver something closer to a 60fps experience given the benefits of closed-box optimisation. So what could be the limiting factor on consoles? Perhaps the low-power AMD CPU cores are to blame.

Excavator is better than Jaguar and it's available since last year.

----------------

Loading Video...

Athlon 5350 with quad core Puma/Jaguar at 2.3 Ghz bottlenecks Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB

This Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC has 1000 Mhz clock speed which yields 5.1 TFLOPS with 325 GB/s memory bandwidth without Polaris' delta memory compression.

So excavator might be an option, you say apples to apples because it has a similar architecture. Still, there will still be porting necessary , unlike the ps4pro who just downclocks the whole system to run in native ps4 mode.

On the other hand, microsoft is running custom windows 10 on the xbox, and windows 10 can make games run on different hardware quite easily.

They will have to do adapt the game and os already for the esram, so for all we know this scorpio can hold pretty much any cpu that isn't too high in power consumption. Heck they can even use an intel cpu.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 SecretPolice

@davillain- said:

Needs are water, food & shelter. These are wants and I find no reason for Wanting a Sony/Nintendo or Pee Cee for gaming. Mighty Scorpio will do it all for me baby.

So now then, what do I win and it better be somtin gooooood? lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#310 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@davillain- said:

• Most powerful console ever created => better gameplay, better graphics
  • Halo
Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

• Halo

Lol the first reason about power you get it better on PC and the second you'll also get it on PC. AKA still no reason to buy a Scorpio.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Jag85

@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

• Halo

More power does not mean better gameplay.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By ronvalencia

@commander said:
@ronvalencia said:
@commander said:
@ronvalencia said:

My point, quad core/4 thread Excavator at ~3Ghz is good enough for MSI R9-290X OC edition with 1020 Mhz clock speed which yields 5.744 TFLOPS.

For DX11, AMD drivers has single thread rendering.

why would they use excavator? what does single thread rendering has to do with any of this?

It's a well known near apples to apples comparison with very little multithreading.

Read http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-alien-isolation-face-off

Xbox One code suffers from fewer issues with the engine stalling, although the game struggles to maintain anything approaching a consistent 30fps. Frame-rates are extremely variable, with gameplay averaging 28fps for prolonged periods, with some noticeable screen tearing. Essentially, the framebuffer is flipped a little late if the render isn't able to deliver a complete frame in time for a 33.33ms refresh.

Judging by PC results on lower-end hardware, it doesn't seem outside the realms of possibility for the PS4 - and to a lesser extent the Xbox One - to deliver something closer to a 60fps experience given the benefits of closed-box optimisation. So what could be the limiting factor on consoles? Perhaps the low-power AMD CPU cores are to blame.

Excavator is better than Jaguar and it's available since last year.

----------------

Loading Video...

Athlon 5350 with quad core Puma/Jaguar at 2.3 Ghz bottlenecks Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB

This Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC has 1000 Mhz clock speed which yields 5.1 TFLOPS with 325 GB/s memory bandwidth without Polaris' delta memory compression.

So excavator might be an option, you say apples to apples because it has a similar architecture. Still, there will still be porting necessary , unlike the ps4pro who just downclocks the whole system to run in native ps4 mode.

On the other hand, microsoft is running custom windows 10 on the xbox, and windows 10 can make games run on different hardware quite easily.

They will have to do adapt the game and os already for the esram, so for all we know this scorpio can hold pretty much any cpu that isn't too high in power consumption. Heck they can even use an intel cpu.

Windows PC has high-resolution timer that can be used with Direct3D. Read https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964692(v=vs.85).aspx

Independent high-resolution timer enables the Wintel game to scale regardless of CPU and GPU power.

PS4 Pro's approach to legacy software support sounds like "old school" backwards compatibility e.g. legacy game's event timers are based on CPU or GPU clock speed. This is same problem with Amiga 500 games running on newer Amiga 1200 hardware where timing events are timed on A500's 7.1 Mhz CPU or IGP's clock speed, hence Amiga games are boat anchored to old hardware's specs which makes hardware upgrades harder.

If XBO games are timed with old school style CPU's or GPU's clock speed, it's fvcked, but OS could fake a CPU behaviour with OS scheduling slicing i.e. slow down a CPU thread on fast CPU with additional sleep states. Microsoft has more experience with OS programming when compared to Sony who copies FreeBSD codebase.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 DaVillain  Moderator

@dakur said:
@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

• Halo

Lol the first reason about power you get it better on PC and the second you'll also get it on PC. AKA still no reason to buy a Scorpio.

Yep and my orginal Xbox One is good enough since I need it to play Rare Replay giving the fact that it's not on Windows 10 anyways. Playing MS games on PC now is just a bonus for me so buying Scorpio useless to me.

@Jag85 said:

Indeed. If you don't have the games to back that up, your most powerful console is as good as dead on arrival.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#315 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@davillain- said:

• Most powerful console in the world
  • Best graphics and performance of multiplatform games
  • Scorpio is 42.85% more powerful than the PS Pro
  • Better games and better exclusives
  • Best online
  • No silly Jaguar CPU, like the one found in the PS Pro

It's a win win.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 DaVillain  Moderator

@SecretPolice said:
@davillain- said:

Needs are water, food & shelter. These are wants and I find no reason for Wanting a Sony/Nintendo or Pee Cee for gaming. Mighty Scorpio will do it all for me baby.

The only thing you win around here is a free game of Scalebound. Coming soon to an Xbox One console near you XD

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 DaVillain  Moderator

@kvally said:
@davillain- said:

• Best online

It's a win win.

LOL okay, thanks for the heads up, yep and looking at the highlights, my almighty GTX 1070 still outclasses Scorpio in every step of the way and my original Xbox One is good enough since I still need it to play games that are not on Windows 10 like Rare Replay, my most played Xbox One game to date.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 SecretPolice

@davillain- said:
@SecretPolice said:
@davillain- said:

The only thing you win around here is a free game of Scalebound. Coming soon to an Xbox One console near you XD

Lol...Ewww, just the thought of that hot broken mess of a Wii-A-Moo game just made me throw up a lil in mah mouth. Thank you MS for sparing us from crap gaming. :P

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Jag85

@davillain- said:
@Jag85 said:

Indeed. If you don't have the games to back that up, your most powerful console is as good as dead on arrival.

That's the problem with Xbox. They're focusing so much on hardware and so little on software.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Jag85 said:
@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

• Halo

More capabilities to create better gameplay. Bigger, more advanced worlds => better gameplay. Do you remember ASU? The number of NPC's in Paris, and how alive the world felt really made it a much more enjoyable game for me. Think of a world that is really alive, not just sections of a world scripted, but the whole world constantly in motion. That's what you can do with more power, and that would be epic for gameplay.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By SecretPolice

@sts106mat said:

PROJECT SCORPIO IS A "FULL BLOWN NEXT-GEN MACHINE" SAYS XBOX DEV

Creator of Ori and the Blind Forest, Thomas Mahler took to NeoGAF to answer a question about whether Scorpio is a PS4 Pro style console update, or a whole new generation of Xbox console. His answer - it's sort of both:

"Scorpio isn't just a half-assed upgrade (which the PS4 Pro kinda is...), but a full blown next-gen machine that's just backwards-compatible to your current library."

That's a little outside of the company line - Microsoft has previously downplayed the idea of a separation between its consoles, even saying that Scorpio will put an end to the idea of console generations altogether.

Mahler also reiterated his point on backwards compatibility, saying that, "from this point on, similar to PCs, you'll not lose your library when you buy a next-gen system."

Xbox's Phil Spencer - who played the first games on the new system this week - has previously made this point clear, but has also said that all games released on Scorpio will be playable on Xbox One, a point Mahler doesn't cover in his post.

I think this advise will be handy for the cows....

You can thank me later. lolololol :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 SecretPolice

@sts106mat:

Right you are sir, typical cows, no honor, no shame. lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#326 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
@kvally said:
@davillain- said:

• Best online

It's a win win.

Looking at the EG article, it seems like Xbox Scorpio is still using a Jaguar CPU...?

rasengan2552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By rasengan2552
Member since 2009 • 5071 Posts

Incremental differences in power makes no difference.

Developing pretty games is all about careful optimization of the hardware and talented programming. ND can probably make a game on the Pro that looks better than anything the Scorpio could muster up.

This is why the PS3 never really outclassed the 360 in graphics with the cell processor, the incremental power didn't make a difference.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Jag85

@FastRobby said:
@Jag85 said:
@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

• Halo

More capabilities to create better gameplay. Bigger, more advanced worlds => better gameplay. Do you remember ASU? The number of NPC's in Paris, and how alive the world felt really made it a much more enjoyable game for me. Think of a world that is really alive, not just sections of a world scripted, but the whole world constantly in motion. That's what you can do with more power, and that would be epic for gameplay.

Then what you really mean to say is larger worlds with more content, which is different from gameplay, which refers to things like the game mechanics, controls, combat system, level design, etc. However, to create those larger worlds with more content, hardware alone isn't good enough, but you need the software to back it up. Microsoft should be investing in software, but as their cancellations have shown (e.g. Scalebound, Fable Legends, etc.), they're unwilling to make that investment, other than for the usual Halo, Gears and Forza. Much of the funding they used for the Scorpio hardware could've been used to fund software.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#329 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@kvally said:
@davillain- said:

• Best online

It's a win win.

Looking at the EG article, it seems like Xbox Scorpio is still using a Jaguar CPU...?

That is their guess. More sources, as noted in the same thread at gaf, stated they are not using Jaguar. Here nor there, I said that part tongue in cheek :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@kvally: Oh okay haha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Jag85 said:
@FastRobby said:
@Jag85 said:

Then what you really mean to say is larger worlds with more content, which is different from gameplay, which refers to things like the game mechanics, controls, combat system, level design, etc. However, to create those larger worlds with more content, hardware alone isn't good enough, but you need the software to back it up. Microsoft should be investing in software, but as their cancellations have shown (e.g. Scalebound, Fable Legends, etc.), they're unwilling to make that investment, other than for the usual Halo, Gears and Forza. Much of the funding they used for the Scorpio hardware could've been used to fund software.

It's semantics, but I don't really agree with that. Level design, and larger, more advanced worlds are for me part of the gameplay. If you have to divide a game into categories like they used to do in the old gaming magazines, then what would you do? In my case it would be Sound, Graphics, Gameplay. And a bigger, more advanced world is part of gameplay then (for me). But like you said, you can also see it as something separately, but just the number of NPC's is part of level design, and thus has an influence on the gameplay. And the number of NPC's is part of a more advanced world.

I expect a lot from Crackdown running on Scorpio.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#332 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@commander said:

Windows PC has high-resolution timer that can be used with Direct3D. Read https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964692(v=vs.85).aspx

Independent high-resolution timer enables the Wintel game to scale regardless of CPU and GPU power.

PS4 Pro's approach to legacy software support sounds like "old school" backwards compatibility e.g. legacy game's event timers are based on CPU or GPU clock speed. This is same problem with Amiga 500 games running on newer Amiga 1200 hardware where timing events are timed on A500's 7.1 Mhz CPU or IGP's clock speed, hence Amiga games are boat anchored to old hardware's specs which makes hardware upgrades harder.

If XBO games are timed with old school style CPU's or GPU's clock speed, it's fvcked, but OS could fake a CPU behaviour with OS scheduling slicing i.e. slow down a CPU thread on fast CPU with additional sleep states. Microsoft has more experience with OS programming when compared to Sony who copies FreeBSD codebase.

Well they can emulate the xboxone games as well, I mean they have no problems doing it with the xbox 360 and that's a completely different architecture.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#333 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@dakur said:
@kinky-unikorn said:
@dakur said:
@kingtito said:
@dakur said:

lol point to me where I have argue about power between consoles being important this gen. I've never done that, I always have maintained that games IS what drives sales, not power and that's why the xbone is such a failure. And you also fail as usual lem.

All gen that's what ALL you've cows talked about. Don't try flip flopping now cow. Get ready cow because the truth is coming, it's coming in the form of SCORPIO..the worlds most powerful console.....ever!!!!

Again silly lemming. Show me where I said anything about that. I'm not a cow I'm a manticore. If people want power get a PC, hell I play every game that is on PC and consoles on PC because they play better. With consoles it's all about the exclusives. Sony has them, M$ doesn't. Deal with it lem, your butthurt is making you hear voices. The pathetic thing about the xbone is that it doesn't have power OR exclusives. That system is a joke. And even with Scorpio it will continue to be a joke because the power difference is negligible and no exclusives makes it irrelevant. Only dumb lems like you will end up buying that crap.

You're not a manticore...quit lying to yourself...lol. When the Scorpio releases, it'll be more powerful than the Pro, to you the difference is negligible; regardless it'll be more powerful how you or anyone else sees it. So as @cainetao11 mentioned, most games he plays are multiplatform, as myself. So what I'm looking forward to the most this year is Red Dead Redemption 2, to which I plan on playing on the Scorpio if Microsoft plays their cards right and give a good showing for E3. I'm hyped for the Scorpio not going to lie but Microsoft have to keep me hyped come E3, if not I'll see what Sony offers, they got quite a few games I want to play this year too! I enjoy the Switch for what it's trying to showcase itself as, but I don't see myself buying that console this year just yet. And if I'm a "dumb lem" then so be it, just know you are legit the most annoying person on these forums, you're a sad excuse of a person...

Yep it will be more powerful than the Pro but so what? Is not a game changing difference. For the average gamer, specially console gamers, games come first before power. And if the power doesn't even show itself easily then it becomes even less relevant. If a gamer truly wants power they'll invest on a PC. On consoles the exclusives are more valuable and relevant and Sony has that covered with ease over MS. Yeah there are some people that game in consoles and are concerned about power too and for them Scorpio could be an option but they can't be the current lems unless they're hypocrites because they have been buying their multiplats for the xbone all this time when the PS4 was more powerful so that means that power is actually not so important to them and they chose the xbone for other reasons (mostly fanaticism or friends is my guess).

So my prediction is that the Scorpio won't cause much impact at all and it will definitely not help close the gap between the PS4 and the xbone. This is a problem for lems since having a smaller user base will translate in devs paying more attention to the PS4 and so the xbone will continue to have a poor gaming library in comparison. Even more since MS first party studios are severally lacking so they would have to rely on third party exclusivity support and we all saw how that went with Scalebound as an example.

Who gives a shit what the "average gamer" buys? Why is it so important to you to be like everyone else? Yaaayyyy I buy what the majority do!!! I'm just like the rest of them!!! Yaaaayyyy!!!!

RDR2, MEA and future multiplats, which are routinely the best games in the industry will be better on Scorpio. My how this tune has changed from 2013.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 cainetao11

@davillain- said:

Fair enough. I never have seen anything to do with video games as a need. These are luxuries because I love this hobby. Wanting a Scorpio is all the reason I need to own one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Having the best version of all multiplats is absolutely a killer advantage for the Scorpio, and its advantage should not be understated. The Xbox 360 and the PS4 both achieved dominance through the best versions of all multiplats.

The question here is whether the Scorpio will be able to follow in their footsteps, or whether its extra power will be ignored by third parties, a bit like the original Xbox.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@FastRobby said:
@Shewgenja said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

@Shewgenja: Did you read and understand the article no of course not. This is what I have come to expect from you. Anyway the scorpio is more powerful than the ps4 pro deal with it. In other news water is wet and the sky is blue.

That was never ever a point of contention even once. Ya'll were the ones saying that the Scorpio was going to be a true 4k console. Every single one of you think you're going to take pot shots at an argument that was never made. Face it, from now on, ya'll have to act realistic about this thing rather than putting it up on a pedestal of impossible proportions.

I won. I have been one of only a hand-full of posters saying that 6 TFlops would not do the trick or put your console impossibly beyond what the PS4 Pro does. You're going to have to learn to deal with that. This isn't 1080p vs 900p all over again. It will be a consistently sub-4k system versus a slightly less consistently 4k system and as the generation unfolds and PC cards get more powerfful the difference will only shrink.

You better hope MS has games lined up for this. The power difference, in terms of what is needed for 4k gaming, isn't going to be swinging any heads. My one and only reason for posting this thread was to put an end to the bullshitting and in those terms, it is an overwhelming success. The best part being that XBox One and S-Model owners will be getting completely effed over with this upgrade if the Scorpio proves to be the more popular model since developers will not sweat bullets to make the ESRam work for them. Doubly so, considering the tiled rendering and other sub-4k native techniques with the game engine are better assurances for what will certainly be the least popular model if PS4 Pro sales are anything to judge the prospects of Scorpio by.

Checkmate. Yes, I do understand what the article is saying. DO YOU? Your precious Scorpio is not too tall for the Gen 8 ride. Sorry not sorry.

Hahaha, saying he understands the article that NOWHERE is stating that it can't render natively 4K, hahaha, man yeah you won...

It's time you get realistic. The power difference is bigger between Scorpio, and PS Pro is bigger than it was for Xbox One, and PS4. In raw power, AND percentages. This is exactly 1080p vs. 900p all over again, because it's even going to be worse. Learn simple math before you create these topics, and learn to read, because you clearly didn't read the full article before posting it here. You're being owned left, and right about statements in the article that say the exact opposite of what you are claiming.

• Xbox One -> 1.3TF
  • PS4 -> 1.8TF

• PS Pro -> 4.2TF
  • Scorpio -> 6TF

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Shewgenja

And top kek to @ronvalencia for pimping launch titles for a new system as a litmus test of any console. Are you new to gaming?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Shewgenja said:
@FastRobby said:
@Shewgenja said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

• Xbox One -> 1.3TF
  • PS4 -> 1.8TF

• PS Pro -> 4.2TF
  • Scorpio -> 6TF

Not really. You're claiming it can't do 4K natively while that hasn't been said ANYWHERE in the paper. Maybe you should learn how to read, or understand these articles, because you're making a fool of yourself. You've been owned by practically every lem already in this topic because you jumped the gun due to your insecurity

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Shewgenja

@FastRobby said:
@Shewgenja said:
@FastRobby said:
@Shewgenja said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

• Xbox One -> 1.3TF
  • PS4 -> 1.8TF

• PS Pro -> 4.2TF
  • Scorpio -> 6TF

Not really. You're claiming it can't do 4K natively while that hasn't been said ANYWHERE in the paper. Maybe you should learn how to read, or understand these articles, because you're making a fool of yourself. You've been owned by practically every lem already in this topic because you jumped the gun due to your insecurity

Ahh, there goes that argument I never made defense again. You guys stated this thing would be the 4k native machine of doom. I pointed out it wouldn't. You guys do a little rain dance around the issue and completely ignore the topic of ESRam gimpage being imminent. . . Then claim ownage. Sorry, take a number and have a seat. The adults are talking.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@dakur said:
@kinky-unikorn said:
@dakur said:
@kingtito said:

All gen that's what ALL you've cows talked about. Don't try flip flopping now cow. Get ready cow because the truth is coming, it's coming in the form of SCORPIO..the worlds most powerful console.....ever!!!!

Again silly lemming. Show me where I said anything about that. I'm not a cow I'm a manticore. If people want power get a PC, hell I play every game that is on PC and consoles on PC because they play better. With consoles it's all about the exclusives. Sony has them, M$ doesn't. Deal with it lem, your butthurt is making you hear voices. The pathetic thing about the xbone is that it doesn't have power OR exclusives. That system is a joke. And even with Scorpio it will continue to be a joke because the power difference is negligible and no exclusives makes it irrelevant. Only dumb lems like you will end up buying that crap.

You're not a manticore...quit lying to yourself...lol. When the Scorpio releases, it'll be more powerful than the Pro, to you the difference is negligible; regardless it'll be more powerful how you or anyone else sees it. So as @cainetao11 mentioned, most games he plays are multiplatform, as myself. So what I'm looking forward to the most this year is Red Dead Redemption 2, to which I plan on playing on the Scorpio if Microsoft plays their cards right and give a good showing for E3. I'm hyped for the Scorpio not going to lie but Microsoft have to keep me hyped come E3, if not I'll see what Sony offers, they got quite a few games I want to play this year too! I enjoy the Switch for what it's trying to showcase itself as, but I don't see myself buying that console this year just yet. And if I'm a "dumb lem" then so be it, just know you are legit the most annoying person on these forums, you're a sad excuse of a person...

Yep it will be more powerful than the Pro but so what? Is not a game changing difference. For the average gamer, specially console gamers, games come first before power. And if the power doesn't even show itself easily then it becomes even less relevant. If a gamer truly wants power they'll invest on a PC. On consoles the exclusives are more valuable and relevant and Sony has that covered with ease over MS. Yeah there are some people that game in consoles and are concerned about power too and for them Scorpio could be an option but they can't be the current lems unless they're hypocrites because they have been buying their multiplats for the xbone all this time when the PS4 was more powerful so that means that power is actually not so important to them and they chose the xbone for other reasons (mostly fanaticism or friends is my guess).

So my prediction is that the Scorpio won't cause much impact at all and it will definitely not help close the gap between the PS4 and the xbone. This is a problem for lems since having a smaller user base will translate in devs paying more attention to the PS4 and so the xbone will continue to have a poor gaming library in comparison. Even more since MS first party studios are severally lacking so they would have to rely on third party exclusivity support and we all saw how that went with Scalebound as an example.

Who gives a shit what the "average gamer" buys? Why is it so important to you to be like everyone else? Yaaayyyy I buy what the majority do!!! I'm just like the rest of them!!! Yaaaayyyy!!!!

RDR2, MEA and future multiplats, which are routinely the best games in the industry will be better on Scorpio. My how this tune has changed from 2013.

It matters a lot. Devs go to where games sell more and resources go to where games sell more. Even though MS is the richest of the companies in the market they seem reluctant to invest in games which is pretty sad and pathetic.

Now I think console gamers look primarily for a combination of games+price as a preference both of which are covered by Sony and not so much by MS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Shewgenja said:
@FastRobby said:
@Shewgenja said:

Ahh, there goes that argument I never made defense again. You guys stated this thing would be the 4k native machine of doom. I pointed out it wouldn't. You guys do a little rain dance around the issue and completely ignore the topic of ESRam gimpage being imminent. . . Then claim ownage. Sorry, take a number and have a seat. The adults are talking.

That's the case, you NEVER pointed it out. The paper is saying that developers can use the resources the way they would like, and if they would like to allocate resources to something else then 4K native rendering, then they can use checkerboard technique . Nowhere it is saying that it would actually not be able to render in native 4K...

Also no esram isn't an issue at all... You think it will mean that there will be Scorpio exclusive games that don't run on Xbox One, but still that's just an idea of you, and you can't give us any facts that this will actually be the case. The topic is done, you lost, hard... You're only looking more, and more like a fool when you think you can act all high, and mighty when everyone sees that you've failed, miserably. So please do yourself a favour, and quit.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 cainetao11

@dakur:

It matters a lot. Devs go to where games sell more and resources go to where games sell more. Even though MS is the richest of the companies in the market they seem reluctant to invest in games which is pretty sad and pathetic.

Now I think console gamers look primarily for a combination of games+price as a preference both of which are covered by Sony and not so much by MS.

And yet, none of the games I wish to play from the devs that make them are avoiding Xbox. RDR2? Check. Mass Effect Andromeda? Check. Prey? Check.

Oh NO, I wont be getting Tales of Ballbagia? Big deal. Using what everyone else buys as a reason to buy something is baby crap. I don't give a rats ass what console gamers look for. I cant play with their money, time or tastes.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 SecretPolice

@cainetao11:

"Tales of Ballbagia?"

Seriously mah man, laughing out loud. Good Stuff.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

• Halo

Actually it can... If you play a game on Scorpio and it gives you a true 60FPS then playing the same game on a Xbox One S that only give you 30. That performance just gave you better gameplay. Also if you are getting frame drops on Xbox One S and none on Xbox Scorpio it would give you a better game play experience.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#345 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@Jag85 said:
@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

• Halo

Actually it can... If you play a game on Scorpio and it gives you a true 60FPS then playing the same game on a Xbox One S that only give you 30. That performance just gave you better gameplay. Also if you are getting frame drops on Xbox One S and none on Xbox Scorpio it would give you a better game play experience.

gameplay experience =/= better gameplay. Who cares if it's 60 vs 30 if the mechanics are broken or aren't fun. Would you be willing to say that if Uncharted 4 were 60 fps on PS4 Pro but 30 FPS on PS4 vanilla then Uncharted 4 becomes a better game?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts
@Zero_epyon said:
@Xabiss said:
@Jag85 said:
@FastRobby said:
@davillain- said:

• Halo

gameplay experience =/= better gameplay. Who cares if it's 60 vs 30 if the mechanics are broken or aren't fun. Would you be willing to say that if Uncharted 4 were 60 fps on PS4 Pro but 30 FPS on PS4 vanilla then Uncharted 4 becomes a better game?

Yes, I would. I think all games are better experiences if they run at a full 60 FPS and I believe higher frame rates improve gameplay.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Having the best version of all multiplats is absolutely a killer advantage for the Scorpio, and its advantage should not be understated. The Xbox 360 and the PS4 both achieved dominance through the best versions of all multiplats.

The question here is whether the Scorpio will be able to follow in their footsteps, or whether its extra power will be ignored by third parties, a bit like the original Xbox.

Is it though? How many times has the most powerful console sold the most in a generation? The PS4 Pro more than doubled the PS4's GPU capabilities and just about tripled any current Xbox One GPU capabilities and how has that done? Setting the world afire with massive sales? Plus now we're more than 3 years after the launch of PS4 and Xbox One, wouldn't a person's existing catalogue of games have an impact on whether or not they get a console that can't play those games they already bought?

Edit: Plus there's the whole messaging issue. How do you show the benefits of native 4K versus upscaled 4K in TV commercials broadcast in 1080P or heavily compressed streaming videos?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 cainetao11

@SecretPolice said:

@cainetao11:

"Tales of Ballbagia?"

Seriously mah man, laughing out loud. Good Stuff.

LOL I was laughing when that came to mind as I typed it.

Wednesday nights is the Xbox Nation podcast. These folks are funny, if at times a bit too fanboyish. But one point they made last week really stuck out. I see people here complaining that Halo Wars 2 is a game for X1 saying "nobody cares about RTS on consoles". And its ok. Entertainment is subjective. But when I am not all that hyped for Nioh, Tales of whatever, Ni no thank you, Gravity Rush 2, its like a cardinal fukin sin. How dare I buy what I want, like what I want because I'm playing games with my money and time?

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Xabiss said:
@Jag85 said:
@FastRobby said:
  • Halo

Yes, I would. I think all games are better experiences if they run at a full 60 FPS and I believe higher frame rates improve gameplay.

But it's still the same game. It still has the same story, pacing, long platforming sections, set pieces. FPS is not a gameplay mechanic. If you don't like slow paced platforming, is having 60fps slow paced platforming going to make love it? I doubt it.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#350  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Cows have the greatness lineup in console history in Q1 2017, but the forum is flooded with Scorpio topics again. ???

I don't understand the cow mindset. Why do you all care so much about Scorpio? It's a console by a company you supposedly hate and one you won't be buying.

You guys spend more time wishing failure on the competition than actually singing the virtues of PlayStation.