M$ is still in denial over weak Xbone specs

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@GravityX said:

Well not exactly lazy, but they are not going to take the additional time and money to make both run at the same resolution.

Make no mistake about it, Xbox One is more than capable, but in the case of PS4 versions running at a higher resolution because most of those game were built using older style pc architecture, so it easy to port those over with medium setting.

This story is far from being over.

You don't get it the only way those developers can make those games on par is by gimping the PS4 version,there is no way around that fact there is a gap in power that can't be close by software period and will never be make up.

There isn't a single scenario were the xbox one can even catch the PS4,the whole excuse about using older style PC architecture is a joke,the xbox one has a GCN gpu just like the PS4 those have been here since 2011 man.

Old engine or new engine the PS4 will always beat the xbox one.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@GravityX said:

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos: Forza is shit?

Drive Club was the shit racer at E3 2013. Forza was the Racing Game of the show. Try all game shows last year.

If Drive Club can pull off a 7.0 in meta I will be surprised.

Don't give me your BS excuses about the all mighty PS2 capability's. MGS 2 was hands down the worst carry over port of a high profile ps2 game to the Xbox.

Talk all the shit you want air bag. Link me a game that was a worse port?

No matter how bias your posts are with your apologetic Sony BS.

You're still just the same guy that was trying to explain why PS3 ports were inferior to Xbox 360 ports. How the PS3 was more powerful. Was it lazy developers? Was it poorly optimized ports? What was it smart guy. Was it difficulty learning the hardware? You're a true hypocrite.

You are hands down the dumbest / most bias guy on this board. Your post history is infested with YOU being proven wrong time after time. Time always catches up to lies and fabrications smart ass. Your just a month away from everything you spew forth out of that feeble brain to being proven wrong. You can't hide from time guy.

Don't quote me you Sony apologist loser. I'm a gamer. Not a worthless person like you. I do not like you. I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

Take care.

Epic meltdown...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ghost 720p xbox one

1080p PS4.

AC4 900P on xbox one

1080p better AA on PS4.

BF4 720p xbox one

900p with 10 FPS faster across the board PS4.

MGS5 720p on xbox one

1080p with dynamic skies on PS4.

Tomb Raider 1080p on xbox one 30 FPS with 900p cut scenes,alpha based effect at half resolution,lower quality depth of field,reduced levels of anisotropic filtering and lower quality textures in some parts.

1080p 60FPS,with higher resolution textures in places,full resolution alpha based effects,high quality depth of field,good anisotropic filtering and higher quality textures in places..

Trials Fusion 900p on xbox one

1080p on PS4

Lego the Hobit 1080p on xbox one.

1280p on PS4 supper sample to 1080p...lol

I guess those developers were all lazy,yeah lazy lazy lazy...lol

After all the sh** you just pull from that alter account,tell me why make you think is not lack of power what do you have to prove that the xbox one is every bit as powerful as the PS4...

Well not exactly lazy, but they are not going to take the additional time and money to make both run at the same resolution.

Make no mistake about it, Xbox One is more than capable, but in the case of PS4 versions running at a higher resolution because most of those game were built using older style pc architecture, so it easy to port those over with medium setting.

This story is far from being over.

The specs inside Xbone are significantly weaker than PS4. It is literally impossible for it to run games as good as PS4. M$ made a weak console and you will be playing inferior multiplats for the next decade.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@iwasgood2u said:

after the esram, secret sauce, dx12, cloud...

You know you messed up when you have to continuously release pr stunts.

Maybe next gen the xbox will be a beast, not this time around sadly. :(

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Nintendo may be losing money, but they have a long way to go before they get in the hole that Sony is in.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#156  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The Xbox One might have a weaker hardware compared to the PlayStation 4, but according to the Xbox’s director of development, Boyd Multerer, the design of Xbox One is effectively a “Super-Computer Design,” and it will allow the developers to squeeze more performance out of the Xbox One with time.

In an interview with Total Xbox, Multerer commented on the resolution controversy that is usually associated with the Xbox One.

“Part of it is the obvious one where everyone’s still getting to know this hardware and they’ll learn to optimise it. Part of it is less obvious, in that we focused a lot of our energy on framerate. And I think we have a consistently better framerate story that we can tell.

Boyd then talks about how they prioritized the CPU performance on the Xbox One, in order to get the best performance out of the CPU. While it may have not resulted in better resolution in games, he placed an emphasis on the frame rate calling it “smooth” on the Xbox One.

http://gearnuke.com/xbox-one-effectively-super-computer-design-says-xboxs-director-development-boyd-multerer/

Mean while in other news, PS4 owners continue to wait for greatness!! Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand waiting!!!!!!!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#157  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@Gue1 said:

just ignore them tc. MS' only chance to make the xbox brand relevant was with the x360 and they blew it. Not even worth discussing this shit anymore.

I kinda agree .

If M$ with X360 couldnt decisevely win ( or even win ) vs a so "bad" product as PS3 ( bad architecture , extremely high price , they cut BC to cut price , lost major exclusives ,no major games the first 2 to 3 years , unnecessary proccessing power that never got used ( 7 cores.... ) , bad marketing , Sony as a company on a multibillion loss at the same time and so many more issues ) with 1 more year in the market ... well , how the heck they think theyll do it with Xbone vs a stellar product like PS4 ( power/price ratio ) a god knows.

Because in the end of the day , Sony proved and still proving that despite its position ( losses or profits , first or last ) they providing amazing first party titles for all tastes ( all genres ) and new fresh amazing IPs each generation. Now that Sony and PS4 is ahead in hardware specs with a very competitive price while has nothing of the above problems i mentioned with PS3 ... How on earth lems thought/thinking to win this generation ?

They had their chance with PS3 , they couldnt make it... Now .. its the end.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@tormentos:

I never once brought in a power difference between the two consoles. PS4 is more capable than the X1. The proof is in the pudding.

I was talking about the incompetence / bias of a developer.

Also defending Forza 5. That needs no defending. From me or anyone. It stands on its own legs.

I own the consoles. See I have first hand knowledge. Do you own both consoles, to have such concrete opinions? Just asking.

Gamers play games not companies. Ask Heli. When I was a kid I walked into an arcade I never once saw a manufactures name. I saw the games. I played the games.

With your amazingly glaring High IQ you should be rolling in money? You do own the PS4 and Xbox 1. There is no way you can be making these claims without owning them? Using second hand and third hand knowledge to form the outlines of your debates is kind of weak? Wouldn't you agree?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#159  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@wolverine4262 said:

What is he supposed to say?

the truth lol nah thats never gonna happen

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By tormentos

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

I never once brought in a power difference between the two consoles. PS4 is more capable than the X1. The proof is in the pudding.

Also defending Forza 5. That needs no defending. From me or anyone. It stands on its own legs.

I own the consoles. See I have first hand knowledge. Do you own both consoles, to have such concrete opinions? Just asking.

Gamers play games not companies. Ask Heli. When I was a kid I walked into an arcade I never once saw a manufactures name. I saw the games. I played the games.

With your amazingly glaring High IQ you should be rolling in money? You do own the PS4 and Xbox 1. There is no way you can be making these claims without owning them? Using second hand and third hand knowledge to form the outlines of your debates is kind of weak? Wouldn't you agree?

No you were making lame ass excuses to justify one game been inferior on xbox one,while ignoring that there is a truck load of games from other developers under that same problem.

No matter how many years developers spend optimizing the xbox one can't match the PS4 version because the xbox one lack the power to do so.

Yes it stands as a 79% game with downgraded graphics,it has even been compare with Forza 4 directly and Forza 4 actually had some things that look better,not to mention it was 90% on meta unlike Forza 5,the game had to give up everything next gen to be able to run at 1080p 60FPS.

Oh here comes the copy paste do you own the consoles arguments,because owning both consoles change the outcome of the comparisons done on site like Digital Foundry,so Ghost is 1080p if you own and xbox one and not 720p like DF claim right.?

Yet here you are downplaying the PS4 and cheer leading for MS,yeah go lie to some place else lemming,we already know your angle is not hard to see.

So is that you Kingtito.? Or maybe Stormyjoe..lol Man it is so easy to spot that your an alter account of one of my butthurt friends here is not even funny,so you got tire of get your ass handed to you and now you open another troll account...lol

Once again the argument you pull about developers been lazy basically show that you are lying,when you say the PS4 is more capable you are denying your own argument,so if the PS4 is more capable you should know that there is a point were the xbox one can't fallow the PS4 and that some sacrifices have to be made in order for the xbox one to keep up.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

There will always be a gap in multiplats, most likely 900p - 1080p difference with similar frame rates. Due to the PS4 having a better GPU.

If you think that will have any impact outside of these forums your an idiot fanboy.

Exclusive games, console price, loyalty, unique experiences, multiplayer network (for those that play online), controller and personal requirements (such a family who play) are what counts. We all know this so why fight over this resolution shit.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By B4X

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos:

No you were making lame ass excuses to justify one game been inferior on xbox one,while ignoring that there is a truck load of games from other developers under that same problem.

No matter how many years developers spend optimizing the xbox one can't match the PS4 version because the xbox one lack the power to do so.

Yes it stands as a 79% game with downgraded graphics,it has even been compare with Forza 4 directly and Forza 4 actually had some things that look better,not to mention it was 90% on meta unlike Forza 5,the game had to give up everything next gen to be able to run at 1080p 60FPS.

Oh here comes the copy paste do you own the consoles arguments,because owning both consoles change the outcome of the comparisons done on site like Digital Foundry,so Ghost is 1080p if you own and xbox one and not 720p like DF claim right.?

Yet here you are downplaying the PS4 and cheer leading for MS,yeah go lie to some place else lemming,we already know your angle is not hard to see.

So is that you Kingtito.? Or maybe Stormyjoe..lol Man it is so easy to spot that your an alter account of one of my butthurt friends here is not even funny,so you got tire of get your ass handed to you and now you open another troll account...lol

Once again the argument you pull about developers been lazy basically show that you are lying,when you say the PS4 is more capable you are denying your own argument,so if the PS4 is more capable you should know that there is a point were the xbox one can't fallow the PS4 and that some sacrifices have to be made in order for the xbox one to keep up.

Forza 5 meta is because of Coins / micro transactions. Read the Digital foundry review. Sprite modeled crowds = not next gen. Ok buddy. Lets forget the laser modeled tracks. New physics engine . Yeah that shit doesn't count....

Yes. Actually owning the products you try to debate, without using second hand knowledge is important. They might be liars like you. Just a heads up for future reference. Here's a head scratcher for you. The guys that are doing the comparing might actually have both consoles. That's a shocker isn't it!

Show me a MGS title that is not optimized on a Japanese platform?

Downplaying the PS4. Cheerleading for Microsoft. See only a fanboy would see it that way. I'm defending the games fanboy.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 tormentos

@b4x said:

Forza 5 meta is because of Coins / micro transactions. Read the Digital foundry review. Sprite modeled crowds = not next gen. Ok buddy. Lets forget the laser modeled tracks. New physics engine . Yeah that shit doesn't count....

Yes. Actually owning the products you try to debate, without using second hand knowledge is important. They might be liars like you. Just a heads up for future reference. Here's a head scratcher for you. The guys that are doing the comparing might actually have both consoles. That's a shocker isn't it!

Show me a MGS title that is not optimized on a Japanese platform?

Downplaying the PS4. Cheerleading for Microsoft. See only a fanboy would see it that way. I'm defending the games fanboy.

Forza meta is because that is what it deserve,is not something new or revolutionary in any way.

Oh dude drop it,you arrived here last month i have 11 years,i owned a PS3,xbox360 and wii from day 1,owning all 3 doesn't change anything here,that is a proven fact i debate people here with fact when i owned all 3 consoles and the response i got was the same damage control one i get now.

I even took videos and make comparison it was in vain,hell people like Blackace who claim to be unbiased and which claim to own a PS3 didn't even know the PS3 allowed you to share PSN games,so having something doesn't save you from been miss informed and not owning something doesn't stop you from knowing allot of things.

You want to know why they bring so much the fact that i don't know any of the 2 consoles.? Because Kingtito loss an argument with me about scores,so he went into denial,and claim scores were nothing but opinions,and that only experiencing things for self matter,which is funny since he didn't own a PS4 either..so you see this sad attitude of downplaying my arguments based on the fact that i don't own a PS4 are silly,after all owning one doesn't change the fact that the xbox one version of MGS5 is 720p...

The game been optimize for a japanese platform mean absolutely sh**,and is a damage control excuse Show me a COD game that was optimize for a Japanese console,oh wait yet Ghost is 1080p on PS4 720p on xbox one...lol

Once again holding to the optimization crap and lazy excuse is a joke and contradict your own statement of the PS4 been more capable..

Yeah are defending games only,yeah games on xbox one only...hahahaha

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 tormentos
@tdkmillsy said:

There will always be a gap in multiplats, most likely 900p - 1080p difference with similar frame rates. Due to the PS4 having a better GPU.

If you think that will have any impact outside of these forums your an idiot fanboy.

Exclusive games, console price, loyalty, unique experiences, multiplayer network (for those that play online), controller and personal requirements (such a family who play) are what counts. We all know this so why fight over this resolution shit.

Really after all the secret sauce you have try to feed us now you want to pretend that those things matter and resolution don't matter..?

Man those arguments...lol

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By B4X

@tormentos: I have been around here since the OLD, old forums. When Jeff was still the editor in chief. Giantbomb. <---These guys. Let Jeff and the crew know how ya feel. Enlighten them with your grace.

I told ya earlier in the other UK thread. Take your show on the road.

Debate these guys with your knowledge. Let me know how that works out for you?

Head over to anadtech, Spread the truth!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 tormentos

@b4x said:

@tormentos: I have been around here since the OLD, old forums. When Jeff was still the editor in chief. Giantbomb. <---These guys. Let Jeff and the crew know how ya feel. Enlighten them with your grace.

Yeah sure you have Blackace...lol

Now take your sorry ass damage control and save it,you were proven wrong fanboy,now do you have any more sad excuses to justify the xbox one poor performance.?

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#167 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

They're not going to accept that their console is weaker. They didn't accept that the PS3 outsold the 360 either.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By B4X

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

Yeah sure you have Blackace...lol

Now take your sorry ass damage control and save it,you were proven wrong fanboy,now do you have any more sad excuses to justify the xbox one poor performance.?

Prove the guys wrong I posted. I want to see the insta-ban in action. You might break 5-6 posts.

You have proved me wrong? Only in your mind could that happen.

See, if your mind worked right you might be able to afford the consoles. To legitimately debate them. Sorry I have to be the one to point this out for you.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By tormentos

@b4x said:

Prove the guys wrong I posted. I want to see the insta-ban in action. You might break 5-6 posts.

You have proved me wrong? Only in your mind could that happen.

See, if your mind worked right you might be able to afford the consoles. To legitimately debate them. Sorry I have to be the one to point this out for you.

Butbutbut Kujima is biased...lol poor blackace...lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@clr84651 said:

They're not going to accept that their console is weaker. They didn't accept that the PS3 outsold the 360 either.

Oh god, that sig. Did someone get upset again?

"They didn't accept that the PS3 outsold the 360 either."

oh you mean that thing you could never prove

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#171 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I see the weekly mensa meeting is finally happening.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The Xbox One might have a weaker hardware compared to the PlayStation 4, but according to the Xbox’s director of development, Boyd Multerer, the design of Xbox One is effectively a “Super-Computer Design,” and it will allow the developers to squeeze more performance out of the Xbox One with time.

In an interview with Total Xbox, Multerer commented on the resolution controversy that is usually associated with the Xbox One.

“Part of it is the obvious one where everyone’s still getting to know this hardware and they’ll learn to optimise it. Part of it is less obvious, in that we focused a lot of our energy on framerate. And I think we have a consistently better framerate story that we can tell.

Boyd then talks about how they prioritized the CPU performance on the Xbox One, in order to get the best performance out of the CPU. While it may have not resulted in better resolution in games, he placed an emphasis on the frame rate calling it “smooth” on the Xbox One.

http://gearnuke.com/xbox-one-effectively-super-computer-design-says-xboxs-director-development-boyd-multerer/

Mean while in other news, PS4 owners continue to wait for greatness!! Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand waiting!!!!!!!

If we are waiting than it will never arrive for Xbone. PS4 has superior versions of every multiplat + MLB 14 and Infamous SS both of which are better than any exclusive currently on Xbone. There is no "The Last of Us" or "Uncharted 2" or "Demons Souls" type must play killer app yet but PS4 has it a whole lot better than the Bone does right now.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

Both systems are going to be bottlenecked by their CPU. they are using a mobile CPU (both PS4 and X1 have the same CPU) its by far the weakest part of both systems. And both companies know this, so they made designs around helping it out. PS4 does it with GPU compute, but by doing so, takes away some of the power of their better GPU. The X1 does it via an upclock, co-processors to take away some of the CPU tasks, and cloud computing. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag

@FastRobby Not because of their failing consoles, phones or tablets.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By tormentos

@FastRobby said:

And still Microsoft is the only company that has triple-A rating, while Google and Apple don't have it. Haha you don't know anything about finances, or should I say, you know as much about finances as you know about consoles technical side.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2013/full_list/index.html?iid=F500_sp_full

Whats that Apple at number 6 MS at number 35.?

@darkangel115 said:

Both systems are going to be bottlenecked by their CPU. they are using a mobile CPU (both PS4 and X1 have the same CPU) its by far the weakest part of both systems. And both companies know this, so they made designs around helping it out. PS4 does it with GPU compute, but by doing so, takes away some of the power of their better GPU. The X1 does it via an upclock, co-processors to take away some of the CPU tasks, and cloud computing. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

The PS4 CPU is working faster than the xbox one CPU even with its over close..lol

And GPU compute is mostly done on PS4 on empty cycles,when you are doing one job most of the time the GPU has extra resources is not using,what sony did with the PS4 hardware was add a volatile bit and more Aces and commands so they can do better queue of those jobs and better use those empty cycles,is not really taking much from the GPU side.

Cloud computing is useless other than AI and things that don't need constant refreshing.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

But they just had Infamous...

What's next on the list for the X1?

And what was the last?

Titanfall?

lolz

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

And still Microsoft is the only company that has triple-A rating, while Google and Apple don't have it. Haha you don't know anything about finances, or should I say, you know as much about finances as you know about consoles technical side.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2013/full_list/index.html?iid=F500_sp_full

Omg, hahaha, what a fail. You think those are the only relevant numbers? You probably do, hahahaha, you think that is the way you measure the stability of a company, hahaha, you are so dumb.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Credit+Ratings/Microsoft+Corp+%28MSFT%29+One+of+Three+U.S.+Companies+Left+Rated+AAA+by+S%26P/9377071.html

your best bet is to be like me and not every replay to him. no matter how wrong he is, he'll copy and paste something he doesn't understand to try and fit his sony is the best agenda. If he didn't have google he wouldn't even be able to from a post

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#180 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts
@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

Omg, hahaha, what a fail. You think those are the only relevant numbers? You probably do, hahahaha, you think that is the way you measure the stability of a company, hahaha, you are so dumb.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Credit+Ratings/Microsoft+Corp+%28MSFT%29+One+of+Three+U.S.+Companies+Left+Rated+AAA+by+S%26P/9377071.html

Aren't you doing the same though? You seem to think that a company's credit rating is more relevant than it's financial standing against other companies, therefore ignoring their standings. You're setting yourself up for hypocrisy.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

MS 35 Apple 6.... see the millions done in profits please..

@darkangel115 said:

your best bet is to be like me and not every replay to him. no matter how wrong he is, he'll copy and paste something he doesn't understand to try and fit his sony is the best agenda. If he didn't have google he wouldn't even be able to from a post

Considering that you just claim that the xbox one will do compute by having 100mhz more on its crappy CPU i would not dare accuse any one of not understanding anything,even a fraction of the PS4 for compute will walk all over that xbox one Jaguar,oh and that would still leave the PS4 jaguar untouch with extra resources to spend else where...

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 B4X

@MonsieurX said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

But they just had Infamous...

What's next on the list for the X1?

And what was the last?

Titanfall?

lolz

Loading Video...

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

I see the weekly mensa meeting is finally happening.

LOL.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

It's funny how the CPU in both the X1 and PS4 is just a tablet or mobile CPU, even though one of it's cores are 4 times more powerfull than a Tegra 4 core, and a core from the i7 is only twice as powerful. And we all know the i7 is overkill when it comes to games, the i7 even has it's own built-in GPU, which is rarely utilized. The CPU in these consoles isn't a huge bottleneck, it's limited compared to what devs did with the Cell in the PS3 sure, but it's still faster at doing regular CPU work.

The performance difference between the X1, PS4, and PC is only because of the power and speed difference on the GPU and memory.

The way that the PS4's APU is designed, is the future. Having a small CPU with more cores, unified memory, and a GPU that can do all the heavy lifting. Later on we will see GPU's for PC with built-in CPU cores. It would mean that everything that handle the games will be in that one card, CPU, GPU and memory. The GPU's are getting so big now anyways.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Supercomputer with an HD7770 coupled with DDR3 RAM

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Don't think MS is in denial they are doing damage control in the hopes people will buy the x1 vs the cheaper more powerful ps4.

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

Finally some one talking some since.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@tormentos:

@tormentos said:

That because Apple phones use powerful GPU,it started with the 4S,because the iphone 4 one,was basically the same of the 3s,after the Iphone 4 Apple started to pack in stronger GPU,their OS is pretty good,and Apple have always been know for stable OS unlike MS in this case.

I remember when i bough my Galaxy S1,people actually believe the Iphone 4 was stronger,when in reality the GalaxyS 1 ran circles around the Iphone 4,and it was do to developers not supporting top end phones because most phones out there were low spec android,while Apple benefit from having few models,and basically close specs between hardware,when the 4S landed all change because they chose a stronger GPU,and believe it or not this phones use GPU accelerated apps,trough compute which is the reason why Apple phones ran so good,the Iphone 4 was crap compare to my galaxy s1 running test because the GPU in the S1 outclass the one of the iphone 4.

Look at Apple processors now,even that they don't have tons of CPU core one thing is consistent a good GPU.

So is not software optimization alone,is powerful hardware in Apple hands which isn't the same as on MS hand,and sony has been know to push hardware to its very limits even on hardware that was a nightmare to develop for so i don't think MS would beat them on that part.

The Iphone 5 was running an SGX543MP3 GPU with performance basically of that of the Ipad 3,so basically any app that is GPU accelerated will perform great because it had a great GPU for its time.

That second bold part is a joke,what the hell do you think will happen when you use the extra 50% power for compute.?

So you think developers will waste 50% power in something that will yield no benefits.?

So running the extra power for compute will not make the PS4 kick the living crap out of the PS4 in Physics and anything having to do with compute resources.?

If you use 600Gflosp for compute from where in hell you will pull from on the xbox one to level the play field,the problem with using the extra power for compute is that it is power that still is use.

1200 Gflops for graphics + 640 Gflops for compute still are 1840Gflops of power,the xbox one has 1280Gflosp for graphics and compute,so if the xbox one use 640Gflops for compute to compensate that means it is left with 640Gflops for graphics vs the PS4 1200Gflops.

Is like you people didn't went to school the xbox one has 1280Gflosp for compute and graphics as well,what you do on PS4 you most compensate with something on xbox one,if you use 1280Gflops for graphics and nothing for compute yeah,the xbox one may have parity graphics wise with the PS4,but at the cost of physics and anything compute related,so we are talking here about crappy physics on xbox one vs incredible ones on PS4,some effects may also take a hit on xbox one for the lack of compute use.

Basically your argument is that the PS4 will use the extra 50% for compute but some how that mean nothings because well compute does nothing apparently in your eyes,Physics run on compute run faster and better with less resources than on the CPU,so if the PS4 uses GPU compute for Physics the xbox one has nothing to counter that Jaguar is no match what so ever for compute on GCN for physics,oh and that would also mean the xbox one would have to use its CPU resources for Physics,that jaguar doesn't reach even 200Gflops,and has to do other task as well.

Gear of war and Uncharted both are 720p,Gears is not 1080p.

That is funny because Sony beat MS this time on all angles,lets see the PS4 is smaller,doesn't have a power brick and is stronger,but not only that this time the PS4 is also easy to use because Sony didn't chose to put any cumbersome hardware like Cell,and actually make the PS4 without cheapen out like MS did,it was a matter of visions,MS had Kinect and TV in mind,sony more about games.MS basically fu** its own hardware in order to use cheap DDR3 and in order to also bundle Kinect.

Sony on the other hand was able to pack more inside that APU just because they chose the right type of memory,MS was out engineer which isn't hard sony is a hardware company after all before MS even existed as a company,and they have some nice coders and some of the best developers out there,which are use to work the hard way to get results unlike MS ones.

I don't see MS out doing sony software wise the PS4 tool are ahead already,and i am sure they will still be for the rest of the gen,after all sony coders don't have to focus on windows or any cross platform crap.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/613?vs=549

The 6670 doesn't have sh** on the 7850 let alone the PS4,that GPU is so crap even at 1680x1050 it can't run BF3 on high at 30FPS,just does 25 the 7850 does 61 FPS.

Is not even close,stop talking about things you don't know...lol 6670..

Iphone 5 gpu can barely top the Mali400 in a S2 let alone the adreno 330 found in the G2. Snapdragon gpu's always built to rival their Tegra counterparts. SGX 543 MP3<330 It is software optimization.

I understand what you are saying about pulling an extra 400 gflops from PS4. But according to the internet the PS4 best the xbox in every way, so I don't understand why devs would be talking about the ps4 sacrificing that power so early in the gen, PS4 Cpu>x1 and Ps4 Gpu>X1 so PS should have no problem crushing xbox. 102 gflop from cpu+ 400 from gpu equals 500 for physics or w/e compared to x1 112 on cpu side why take 400 from gpu if your cpu is already "better" than the competitions. I don't buy everything from Sony's mouth they good at hype, I don't buy everything from M$ either they greedy.

Sony is a hardware company M$ is a software company, both companies took a different approach. Software makes hardware obsolete. M$ is "THE" software company.

I'll be back with a few screenshots for you I can't play on ultra or high settings but my pc is still not far off from what we've seen so far. Despite all of the backlash the apu+dgpu in crossfire worked well for me, o well kids pc now.