LOL consoles still can't run Crysis 2. Even after being dumbed down.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

LOL PCs still can't run Halo Reach, Killzone 3, Uncharteted, Super Mario Galaxy, etc :P

SpideR_CentS

Not only can pc run wii games but they look much better.:P

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

I think the amount of... delusion amongst the console crowed has diminished over the years, the Sony hype in 2005 is a distant memory.

I don't think I'm aware of anyone who claims consoles are just as capable as gaming PCs, the "optimizations" in Crysis 2 make that obvious. Even when at what are supposedly the same settings, people have point out that the draw and post processing distance is larger on PC.

haberman13

Agreed. And can I say finally!

That debate was so silly, coming from someone who knows hardware, it was incredibly frustrating. (and semi-depressing that I engaged in that debate with 13 yr olds for as long as I did)

Whatever breaks up the monotony of work.

mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 mejiseike
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

Well wait wait... that was only the 360 vesion, of course it has to be dumbed down...

wheres the ps3 vesion??

and comps suck

DeckardLee2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 DeckardLee2010
Member since 2010 • 402 Posts

FYI, the leaked beta was less than a month old when it was released. It was certainly gimped; but not old :D

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

LOL PCs still can't run Halo Reach, Killzone 3, Uncharteted, Super Mario Galaxy, etc :P

MFDOOM1983

By dodgy means.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

That debate was so silly, coming from someone who knows hardware, it was incredibly frustrating. (and semi-depressing that I engaged in that debate with 13 yr olds for as long as I did)

haberman13

The console crowed for the most part don't want to understand hardware, they want something that just works. So when it comes to discussing what consoles can and cannot do, it's more about hype than technical knowledge, and Sony had ridiculous hype.

A home super computer with dual HDMI ports so that you can hook up two high definition televisions to play games on, and still have enough performance left over to video chat with your friends during play with a webcam. It sounds ridiculous now, but that's what they promised in the conference back in 2005. Enough years have passed for the "yet to be fully utilized" arguments to cease for the most part, people realize the CGI graphics Sony tried to pass off as real time in engine isn't going to happen.

mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 mejiseike

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

AnnoyedDragon

The console crowed for the most part don't want to understand hardware, they want something that just works. So when it comes to discussing what consoles can and cannot do, it's more about hype than technical knowledge, and Sony had ridiculous hype.

A home super computer with dual HDMI ports so that you can hook up two high definition televisions to play games on, and still have enough performance left over to video chat with your friends during play with a webcam. It sounds ridiculous now, but that's what they promised in the conference back in 2005. Enough years have passed for the "yet to be fully utilized" arguments to cease for the most part, people realize the CGI graphics Sony tried to pass off as real time in engine isn't going to happen.

i dont care about hardware, im not spending $2000 bucks to play games on it

just get a PS3 and it will look better then a pc, you know why?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#108 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

I really don't care what your expensive PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me.

Tetrarch9
umm.. no. you`re not playing them in 1080p.
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts

Crysis 2 looks very good on the xbox from what we have seen so far and to say otherwise is just damage control at its best or stupidity. I have a Q6600, 8GB Ram, with an ATI 3850 and it wont run any current game at high settings on 1920x1080 the native res of my tv, so yes PC's do have to be upgraded every few years if you want to play at highest quality settings. While their is certainly a lot of people who have big power systems I would bet that most spouting the PC graphics debate do not have the power to "Max the Crysis 1 or 2" or good luck running Arma 2 in 1920x1080 at a sustained 60fps.

ccagracing
You could turn down the settings you know, even at release that card wasn't meant for 1080p, it will do 1080p for about 80% of games on high settings, but the rest have to be on med which is still higher settings than console games.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]

I really don't care what your expensive PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me.

harry_james_pot

Well the resolution is upscaled to 1080p.
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 harry_james_pot  Moderator
[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]

Ravensmash

Well the resolution is upscaled to 1080p.

yes, but it`s only 720p, or maybe lower. True 1080p looks way better.
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 muscleserge
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

Ravensmash

By dodgy means.

no if you own the console and the game.
haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

mejiseike

They're still out there!!! Nostalgia FTW.

"i don't care about hardware, but PS3 has the best hardware" lulewlz, love it.

"A gaming PC costs $2k"

Get a PC. Why? Because its a 360 + PS3 + Wii + PC

Motion controls, games from any system (emulated, legally), best graphics, best controls... too bad its minimum $3k for a PC that runs BF2

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 muscleserge

I think the amount of... delusion amongst the console crowed has diminished over the years, the Sony hype in 2005 is a distant memory.

I don't think I'm aware of anyone who claims consoles are just as capable as gaming PCs, the "optimizations" in Crysis 2 make that obvious. Even when at what are supposedly the same settings, people have pointed out that the draw and post processing distance is larger on PC.

AnnoyedDragon
LoL yeah I remember those days, when the magic of optimization made 512mb or ram into 1gb or something, and made hardware outperform its own theoretical performance figures.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 AnnoyedDragon

mejiseike

I don't care to know why you think it would.

Because you have already demonstrated you are unreasonable with that price quote, when there are various examples of people running Crysis 2 on surprisingly low spec systems on YouTube.

So would your views on 2005 hardware beating 2011 hardware be any less biased? It's a ridiculous statement, so I imagine some sort of spinning and rational is involved, most likely subjective in nature.

That or you are just having a laugh.

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 harry_james_pot  Moderator

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

mejiseike

Where do people get the idea that gaming PCs costs $2000? :?
muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 muscleserge
[QUOTE="mejiseike"]

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

harry_james_pot

Where do people get the idea that gaming PCs costs $2000? :?

Alienware, Dell, HP.
mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mejiseike

[QUOTE="mejiseike"]

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

haberman13

"A gaming PC costs $2k"

Motion controls, games from any system (emulated, legally), best graphics, best controls... too bad its minimum $3k for a PC that runs BF2

i could buy all 3 systems, which i have already lol, for under $1000

and i could play my PS3 on my 1080p TV comforatbly sitting on my couch with full HD surround sound... not sitting a foot away for a 20 inch screen in a chair at a desk all hunched over...

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 AnnoyedDragon

Where do people get the idea that gaming PCs costs $2000? :?harry_james_pot

Alienware, Dell, HP.muscleserge

Makes sense to me. Console users aren't going to be hanging around hardware sites, where we price up each component. They will be seeing adverts and promotions from big name retailers, who love to rip people off.

The sort that adds a $100 spray paint job and $50 in glowing cables to your gaming PC order.

That or it is more of matter of what they want to be true, rather than what's the case.

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 harry_james_pot  Moderator

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

[QUOTE="mejiseike"]

mejiseike

"A gaming PC costs $2k"

and i could play my PS3 on my 1080p TV comforatbly sitting on my couch with full HD surround sound... not sitting a foot away for a 20 inch screen in a chair at a desk all hunched over...

And also you can connect a PC to your TV, play in actual 1080p resolution and superior graphics, with a controller, and sitting on your couch..
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 topgunmv

[QUOTE="mejiseike"]

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

"A gaming PC costs $2k"

harry_james_pot

And also you can connect a PC to your TV, play in actual 1080p resolution and superior graphics, with a controller, and sitting on your couch..

Surround sound too, but you need to snake around a bunch of wires since most pc games don't support dolby digital.

mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 mejiseike

[QUOTE="mejiseike"]

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

"A gaming PC costs $2k"

harry_james_pot

yea... i do that with my laptop sometimes with starcraft 2

but PC isnt Superior to console... FACT, otherwise the 3 consoles out now wouldnt be close to 200 million units sold...

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 AnnoyedDragon

mejiseike

And here comes the preferential arguments.

I'm sure PC gamers are going to be really impressed with the fact that you have a 1080p TV. Never mind that the majority of your games don't even use it, it's having it that counts.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 topgunmv

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="mejiseike"]

mejiseike

but PC isnt Superior to console... FACT, otherwise the 3 consoles out now wouldnt be close to 200 million units sold...

More people game on computers than all 3 consoles combined.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 haberman13

[QUOTE="mejiseike"]

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"] And also you can connect a PC to your TV, play in actual 1080p resolution and superior graphics, with a controller, and sitting on your couch..topgunmv

He judges superiority based on profits. He's a ferengi really.

Personally, superiority is based on merits.

mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 mejiseike

[QUOTE="mejiseike"]

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"] And also you can connect a PC to your TV, play in actual 1080p resolution and superior graphics, with a controller, and sitting on your couch..topgunmv

indeed... considering the console was out before the PC, has been more popular then pc, still is more popular... but i guess gaming pcs sell more?

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 AnnoyedDragon

haberman13

He suggests popularity is a indication of quality, because fast food is wide spread because of it's high quality meals.

If install base is a indication of quality, family cars must be better than sport cars, after all; look at how many choose the family car over the sports Car. Proof right there.

indeed... considering the console was out before the PC, has been more popular then pc, still is more popular... but i guess gaming pcs sell more?

mejiseike

He must be a big Wii fan. It sold more than 360 and PS3, so clearly it must be the best system.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 haberman13

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

AnnoyedDragon

He suggests popularity is a indication of quality, because fast food is wide spread because of it's high quality meals.

If install base is a indication of quality, family cars must be better than sport cars, after all; look at how many choose the family car over the sports Car. Proof right there.

Man, and here I thought fast-food was bad for you. Fortunately I can now agree that console is superior, units sold/popularity is a far better judgment than an analysis of function.

mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 mejiseike

[QUOTE="AnnoyedDragon"]

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

haberman13

Man, and here I thought fast-food was bad for you. Fortunately I can now agree that console is superior, units sold/popularity is a far better judgment than an analysis of function.

fast food is good for you... T-bone steak, on the grill for 5 minutes while you put a potato in the microwave for same time.... quicker then mcdonalds

and the wii is a great system obviously... so is the PS2... which sold the most out of any system

and would you rather spend 300 bucks and have the system for 10 years performing at peak performance? (PS3 quality not 360) or buy a 2000 dollar computer which you have to spend more money to upgrade every 2 or 3 years? and eventually the system becomes crap

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 harry_james_pot  Moderator
but PC isnt Superior to console... FACT, otherwise the 3 consoles out now wouldnt be close to 200 million units sold...mejiseike
Just because you`re saying "fact" in all caps doesn`t make it so. The PC has: - Superior graphics and frame rates. - Better controls. You can choose between KB/M and any controller you want. - Games are cheaper on launch, and they get even cheaper with time. - Steam, and Steam sales. - Mods. - Much bigger game library with great variety. And i`m sure there are any other points that people can add.. Also, the PC sales in 2010 was equal to the 3 consoles combined. ( can anyone find that 1up chart? )
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 AnnoyedDragon

fast food is good for you... T-bone steak, on the grill for 5 minutes while you put a potato in the microwave for same time.... quicker then mcdonalds

and the wii is a great system obviously... so is the PS2... which sold the most out of any system

and would you rather spend 300 bucks and have the system for 10 years performing at peak performance? (PS3 quality not 360) or buy a 2000 dollar computer which you have to spend more money to upgrade every 2 or 3 years? and eventually the system becomes crap

mejiseike

Oh there is so much wrong with this, but he doesn't want to know better; so why try? He's even standing by the $2000 comment, regardless of how ridiculous it was the first time.

mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 mejiseike

[QUOTE="mejiseike"]but PC isnt Superior to console... FACT, otherwise the 3 consoles out now wouldnt be close to 200 million units sold...harry_james_pot
Just because you`re saying "fact" in all caps doesn`t make it so. The PC has: - Superior graphics and frame rates. - Better controls. You can choose between KB/M and any controller you want. - Games are cheaper on launch, and they get even cheaper with time. - Steam, and Steam sales. - Mods. - Much bigger game library with great variety. And i`m sure there are any other points that people can add.. Also, the PC sales in 2010 was equal to the 3 consoles combined. ( can anyone find that 1up chart? )

computer games are single player... nuff said

and PC sales dont mean anything, there could be 50 million emachine sales from walmart but they cant even run the first starcraft... (over exaggerated)

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 harry_james_pot  Moderator

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="mejiseike"]but PC isnt Superior to console... FACT, otherwise the 3 consoles out now wouldnt be close to 200 million units sold...mejiseike

and PC sales dont mean anything, there could be 50 million emachine sales from walmart but they cant even run the first starcraft... (over exaggerated)

So now you`re saying that PC doesn`t have Multiplayer games? :lol: Also, By "PC sales" i meant PC games sales.. so yea..
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 topgunmv

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"][QUOTE="mejiseike"]but PC isnt Superior to console... FACT, otherwise the 3 consoles out now wouldnt be close to 200 million units sold...mejiseike

What was that you said?

Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts

mejiseike

E-mail machines just need a new PSU and graphics card in order to play games on, which would cost less than $300....

DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#136 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

SpideR_CentS

That one's debatable 8)

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
Damn there is quite a bit of pop up going on, Lucky im building my a new PC in march :)
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

mejiseike

I love these comments from console gamers about how their consoles always give "peak" performance. Mediocrity at it's best.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 AnnoyedDragon

It's sad some people are so viciously loyal of console companies, considering their nature. The console system was just hardware, a platform for selling your games on. But it has been abused, and the relationship between game developer and console company is that of practically extortion.

Fans buy the consoles because of the games, and developers only make the games for those systems; because the fans bought the console. Console companies create a install base using hype, and then hold that install base hostage. If you want to sell to them, they want a cut of everything you make. On top of that you have to play by their rules, doing things on the console companies terms; or not at all. Console companies invest billions into keeping people on their platform, because they know they can always milk it back from the sales made by developers just wanting to access that audience.

It's why I'm glad to see this extortion gradually come to an end. Console companies are a archaic and dying means of getting games to consumers, their approach to game development is no longer sustainable. They're past their peak, it is all down hill from here. Costs have driven developers cross platform, console companies have lost a lot of influence over them. Now console companies have to beg and bribe for scraps like exclusive DLC or timed exclusives, because the developers refuse to limit themselves to just one platform.

Eventually, the likes of Playstation and Xbox will fade out of significance; and a unified mainstream solution will come into existence to meet the markets needs. Sony and Microsoft will do everything in their power to fight this, they are doing it now by spending considerably more on in house development; to make up for the loss of exclusives. But they cannot fight back the tide forever, change will obsolete them in the end.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#140 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. tagyhag

Wait, how's a PC overpriced? :?

a console is much more economic than a good PC. just admit it.
mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 mejiseike

[QUOTE="mejiseike"]

[QUOTE="harry_james_pot"] Just because you`re saying "fact" in all caps doesn`t make it so. The PC has: - Superior graphics and frame rates. - Better controls. You can choose between KB/M and any controller you want. - Games are cheaper on launch, and they get even cheaper with time. - Steam, and Steam sales. - Mods. - Much bigger game library with great variety. And i`m sure there are any other points that people can add.. Also, the PC sales in 2010 was equal to the 3 consoles combined. ( can anyone find that 1up chart? )topgunmv

What was that you said?

exactly... one person, thanks for backing me up :)

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 topgunmv

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. taterfrickintot

If you mean it uses less power than a pc, sure.

CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. Crypt_mx

You can also play games from your PC on to a tv man, plus you dont need to spend a fortune on a pc to play games on high settings.

Agreed. I play my PC on my 90" projector... With better graphics than Uncharted and Gears of War... with a wireless controller in full comfort... I hate when people use this as an argument. It's just ignorant.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 AnnoyedDragon

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

taterfrickintot

PC isn't expensive, consoles are just cheap.

Expensive can be a subjective thing, like how I consider physical retail shops to be over priced; because online is cheaper in the UK. Are they over priced? Or does it just seem that way because I can get it for cheaper elsewhere?

PC hardware is priced reasonably, provided you don't look at the enthusiast range. Consoles use a variety of methods like economies of scale, supply contracts, constant refinements to production of old hardware etc. to pull the price down a lot lower than if you tried to construct a single unit. Also never mind both PS3 and 360 sold at a loss at launch, because achieving a install base was more important to them than making a profit in the first few years.

There are many many factors that drive console prices lower than they should be. Making PC's look overpriced to console gamers, despite providing significantly more performance and functionality than consoles.

mejiseike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 mejiseike

[QUOTE="taterfrickintot"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]

topgunmv

If you mean it uses less power than a pc, sure.

your a smart one!

PC$$$$$$$$ < Console$$

Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts

exactly... one person, thanks for backing me up :)

mejiseike

For your own sake, I hope you are trolling...

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 AnnoyedDragon

rpgs_shall_rule

I think at this point he is intending solely to annoy people, ignoring what information people provide; and perpetuating the same old anti PC claims.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 haberman13

[QUOTE="rpgs_shall_rule"]

AnnoyedDragon

I think at this point he is intending solely to annoy people, ignoring what information people provide; and perpetuating the same old anti PC claims.

Which ultimately works in PC gamers favor, as we can reiterate over and over ad nauseum how much better PCs are!

Honestly without posts like his, I probably wouldn't continue the "System War".

KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#149 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

This isn't really news to anyone. The majority (probably all) of Gamespot users know that PC games look better than Console games. I think most people don't really care either, because regardless of what platform you buy this game on it looks pretty.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 AnnoyedDragon

Which ultimately works in PC gamers favor, as we can reiterate over and over ad nauseum how much better PCs are!

Honestly without posts like his, I probably wouldn't continue the "System War".

haberman13

Ah but remember. When people conveniently forget that PC was being criticised at some point, people start getting angry and complain about elitist PC gamers constantly going on about the obvious benefits of a PC (which apparently no one is disputing).

Ive realized at this point; that getting called elitist by a console gamer for pointing something out about PC or consoles, just means I've said something truthful and they don't like it.