LOL consoles still can't run Crysis 2. Even after being dumbed down.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The__Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 The__Havoc
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts

I really don't care what your expensive PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me.

Tetrarch9

Sorry but those games don't run at 1080P

Mrmccormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Mrmccormo
Member since 2011 • 870 Posts
Consoles can't handle it, or Crytek sucks at porting code to consoles? I'm gonna go with #2 considering the fact that both the 360 and PS3 have games on them that still look better than the console version of Crysis 2.
JStroud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 JStroud88
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

For those of you who haven't seen the Crysis 2 road rage video, check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UUrXPZcKh0

Firstly i would like to start by saying that the framerate is low from beginning to end in the video. My main problem can be found about 55 seconds in to the video to about 58 seconds.

Go look now.

Check out how the rocks are rendered in directly in front of him, literally 5 feet away.

I went to do some digging and have found that this problem is NOT in the leaked version of the PC beta when played on the highest settings.

I bring this up because it seems alot of gamers are convinced that their xbox or playstation has power that is anywhere close to a PC. I dont point this out to put people down or hate, i love the consoles and game on them.

Just know that the consoles are barely capable of running crysis 2, having to sacrifice quality in order to work. When an extremely old beta version on the PC looks and performs better than a much newer revison on the consoles, the truth is unaviodable.

Crypt_mx

I played the Crysis 2 demo and it was not very good.

Not to say that I was not good at it as I consistently took 1st place, but the gameplay left a lot to be desired after how people talked up the first one so much.

Graphics will not help a game that has lackluster gameplay.

Creator_Of_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Creator_Of_All
Member since 2011 • 483 Posts

For those of you who haven't seen the Crysis 2 road rage video, check it out here:

Firstly i would like to start by saying that the framerate is low from beginning to end in the video. My main problem can be found about 55 seconds in to the video to about 58 seconds.

Go look now.

Check out how the rocks are rendered in directly in front of him, literally 5 feet away.

I went to do some digging and have found that this problem is NOT in the leaked version of the PC beta when played on the highest settings.

I bring this up because it seems alot of gamers are convinced that their xbox or playstation has power that is anywhere close to a PC. I dont point this out to put people down or hate, i love the consoles and game on them.

Just know that the consoles are barely capable of running crysis 2, having to sacrifice quality in order to work. When an extremely old beta version on the PC looks and performs better than a much newer revison on the consoles, the truth is unaviodable.

Crypt_mx

Sorry, but this new video looks like running on a high end PC to me, best visuals i have ever seen and is on 360

Barely run it ? The 360 version will look a huge lot better than on 99% of PCs out there judging from that video

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. Tetrarch9

Wait, how's a PC overpriced? :?

Bad choice of words I suppose. It adds up when you have to constantly update them and most are pretty expensive at base price.

1. Yes PCs are expensive when you first get them, but games and such cost much less on them. If you are a heavy gamer then getting a PC is the best option for you. Over time the cost of a PC and a console even out. 2. You only need to update them if you want to. I have a computer from 2004 still running games. 3. Consoles dont play either of those games at 1090p
haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

Go look now.

Creator_Of_All

Sorry, but this new video looks like running on a high end PC to me, best visuals i have ever seen and is on 360

Barely run it ? The 360 version will look a huge lot better than on 99% of PCs out there judging from that video

Wait, judging from that video, you have concluded that 99% of PCs are going to look worse than a 6 year old console?

Maybe.

Maybe on March 22nd someone will start posting PC maxed, we'll have to wait and see.

JStroud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 JStroud88
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

@AncientDozer - It was entertaining, I was just very underwhelmed with the demo. There were a lot of glitches, bugs, and the multiplayer did not seem very polished, kind-of like it was tacked on. Although it was a demo, I do intend on giving the retail game a shot. But as it stands Homefront is looking to be more worth the purchase for me.

I could be wrong however, Homefronts devs do not have the best track record as far as games and Crysis 1 got a 9.5 on Gamespot and one of the strengths according to them was the multiplayer.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Iantheone

[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="Tetrarch9"] Bad choice of words I suppose. It adds up when you have to constantly update them and most are pretty expensive at base price. AncientDozer

1. Yes PCs are expensive when you first get them, but games and such cost much less on them. If you are a heavy gamer then getting a PC is the best option for you. Over time the cost of a PC and a console even out. 2. You only need to update them if you want to. I have a computer from 2004 still running games. 3. Consoles dont play either of those games at 1090p

1. MUCH less? 40-50 is only 10-20 cheaper. That's not that much, considering you can buy a lot of console games used and have all kinds of deals to work with from various stores.

2. You can, but it only depends on the game and whether or not you are willing to take a hit to settings. Which kind of diminishes the whole "better than consoles" argument.

3. I still haven't found any reason to care about that.

Like I said, that $10-$20 per game stacks up after a while. If you buy 20 or so games a year (Which I do) you would end up saving $200-$400 which is more than enough to keep your computer up to date. This isnt even taking into account Steam sales.
mike_on_mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#61 mike_on_mic
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts
I really didn't see what you were talking about. Slow downs, well I noticed some of them, but it was so bad that I felt it detracted from the game play experience and for console, having seen a PC version of that same scene, I am very impressed.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#62 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

And please don't pull out "butt but teh grafix11!!," this is one of the blandest looking games ever made, Halo Reach honestly looks better.

DerpyMcDerp

System wars has hit an all time low

Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts

Go look now.

Crypt_mx
Uh what? I didn't notice any drop in fps and I play on PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-635601fd996cc

[QUOTE="DerpyMcDerp"]

And please don't pull out "butt but teh grafix11!!," this is one of the blandest looking games ever made, Halo Reach honestly looks better.

kozzy1234

System wars has hit an all time low

No more like DerpyMcHaloCODfanboyDerp has.
shaggyaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 shaggyaz
Member since 2004 • 2279 Posts

LOL looks great to me,we already know the pc version will look the best but the console version looks great

DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts

I really don't care what your expensive PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me.

Tetrarch9
From what I hear console games aren't true 1080p.....they are upconverted. Not the same.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#67 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Tetrarch9
I've not seen a single console game rendering at 1080p.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#68 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Aside from the graphics performance, which I didn't care to notice... What I did notice was the energy bar barely moving when you're "cloaked." You can run across the yard with cloak on and still have a good amount of energy to spare. Another thing I noticed was that the energy bar fills up A LOT faster than the original Crysis. And when he was getting hit by the enemy, it didn't negate the energy bar at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-635601fd996cc

Aside from the graphics performance, which I didn't care to notice... What I did notice was the energy bar barely moving when you're "cloaked." You can run across the yard with cloak on and still have a good amount of energy to spare. Another thing I noticed was that the energy bar fills up A LOT faster than the original Crysis. And when he was getting hit by the enemy, it didn't negate the energy bar at all.

Elann2008
Yeah that's because instead of hits draining energy, you have a very, very short moment of invincibility. After that it's like Crysis.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#70 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

ocstew
Yeah that's because instead of hits draining energy, you have a very, very short moment of invincibility. After that it's like Crysis.

Oh ok. That's good news. You sir are like the Crysis 2 encyclopedia! =]
fireballonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 fireballonfire
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

If you ask me. TC smells like a Cow in Hermits clothing so to say.

What I've seen so far of Crysis 2 on the xbox looks better than I expected. It actually looks great, for a console game it looks beyond great, top notch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-635601fd996cc

If you ask me. TC smells like a Cow in Hermits clothing so to say.

What I've seen so far of Crysis 2 on the xbox looks better than I expected. It actually looks great, for a console game it looks beyond great, top notch.

fireballonfire
And it has real time GI too, basically the lighting is better than any other game out there.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
consoles run easily crysis 2 pc cant run games like killzone2 killzone3 uncharted2 and uncharded 3 last guardian mgs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-635601fd996cc
consoles run easily crysis 2 pc cant run games like killzone2 killzone3 uncharted2 and uncharded 3 last guardian mgs4 CTR360
Not sure if serious.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

Tetrarch9
Except... you.. don't... play Uncharted or Gears of War in 1080p.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="CTR360"]consoles run easily crysis 2 pc cant run games like killzone2 killzone3 uncharted2 and uncharded 3 last guardian mgs4 ocstew
Not sure if serious.

It has to be a joke/troll post. That's a pretty ignorant thing to say lol.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="ocstew"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Elann2008

Oh ok. That's good news. You sir are like the Crysis 2 encyclopedia! =]

It looks like the game has a health bar, but doesn't show it. Because I've had low health via bloody screen and my energy was all the way up. So it seems like there's a health bar, they just put it in the game in a different way than Crysis did.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#78 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44643 Posts
there's going to be people with PCs that won't do much better
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DragonfireXZ95
there's going to be people with PCs that won't do much betterlamprey263
And there's going to be people with PC's who do 5 times better. Like mine. :P
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts
Get off your high horse OP, you're not the only one with a high end rig, geez.
emperorzhang66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 emperorzhang66
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

Tetrarch9
i did not know that consoles render those in 1080p. Oh wait. They don't. When you have played a game in 1080p+ with high settings and at least 2xAA. (Which can be done for quite little tbh) you'll see :)
ExESGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 ExESGO
Member since 2010 • 1895 Posts

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. tagyhag

I blame it on those "pre-made" desktops (Alienware, iBuyPower, etc.) Their true overpriced computers make all computers look overpriced.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Iantheone
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. ExESGO

I blame it on those "pre-made" desktops (Alienware, iBuyPower, etc.) Their true overpriced computers make all computers look overpriced.

Or so called "gaming" machines that have tons of RAM, but slow CPUs and GPUs.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I think the console version looks and runs alright considering how much cheaper the consoles are this late into the gen and how much a Crysis 2 capable PC will set you back, at least console only gamers get some of the experience this time around.

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#85 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

A PC can run a game better than a console? /gasp

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

Crysis 2 looks very good on the xbox from what we have seen so far and to say otherwise is just damage control at its best or stupidity. I have a Q6600, 8GB Ram, with an ATI 3850 and it wont run any current game at high settings on 1920x1080 the native res of my tv, so yes PC's do have to be upgraded every few years if you want to play at highest quality settings. While their is certainly a lot of people who have big power systems I would bet that most spouting the PC graphics debate do not have the power to "Max the Crysis 1 or 2" or good luck running Arma 2 in 1920x1080 at a sustained 60fps.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
I really think we can live with rocks being rendered in directly in front of the character.
Reiko2K1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Reiko2K1
Member since 2004 • 1288 Posts

Topic ownage

Looks like Crysis 2 on consoles is running just fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr5lrgHqhIs

Well there's still shadow pop in... But yeah... This build is running better than Road Rage...

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Who here can build me a PC for 235 pounds that is better than my ps3.
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
The PC version will definitely be better, but this is still an excellent option for those that don't have a PC that can run it, or can't afford one. Frankly its really sad that we would be complaining about the visuals from that video.... not commenting on the gameplay, but those visuals look absolutely amazing, esepcially for a console. Maybe I'm nuts, but that looks incredible to me graphics wise.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
meh... the footage i saw in the 'now playing' looked great.. if i really cared about graphics i'd get a pc... and even if i got a pc..i would still be playing games from 98-2004
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#93 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

So TC, did you expect Crysis 2 to look as good in a 2005 hardware as it looks in a high end PC? Shocking indeed :roll:

I actually think that this gameplay vid proves some interesting points! It prooves (again) that 360 and PS3 are similar in capabilities or that this gen´s consoles are actually very future proof.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#94 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Go look now.

Crypt_mx

And you haven't played the final game. I mean videos are a good indication, but we also have to take into consideration how long ago these videos could have been made. It's not like said someone at crytek said lets release a video today and just shot a segment of footage.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#95 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

LOL PCs still can't run Halo Reach, Killzone 3, Uncharteted, Super Mario Galaxy, etc :P

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#96 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Looks pretty damn good to me

Avatar image for LucidJubilation
LucidJubilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LucidJubilation
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

Consoles running games at lower framerates than a good PC? Shocking. :roll:

Crypt_mx

If you are already aware of that, then this post really isnt for you :P Its for the ignorance i read everywhere i go.

where have u been seeing people saying different? its pretty much common knowledge that the game will play and run better on pc.

ur "evidence" is pretty flimsy though...a youtube vid followed by you telling us that its looks better on pc...c'mon guy.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 haberman13

Actually, aside from the fact that the scale of the game has been trimmed back, graphically I'm impressed with the consoles.

Considering they are 5 year old CHEAP PCs, Crytek did some miraculous work here.

Can't wait to see what this beast looks like maxed.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

I think the amount of... delusion amongst the console crowed has diminished over the years, the Sony hype in 2005 is a distant memory.

I don't think I'm aware of anyone who claims consoles are just as capable as gaming PCs, the "optimizations" in Crysis 2 make that obvious. Even when at what are supposedly the same settings, people have pointed out that the draw and post processing distance is larger on PC.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 haberman13

I think the amount of... delusion amongst the console crowed has diminished over the years, the Sony hype in 2005 is a distant memory.

I don't think I'm aware of anyone who claims consoles are just as capable as gaming PCs, the "optimizations" in Crysis 2 make that obvious. Even when at what are supposedly the same settings, people have point out that the draw and post processing distance is larger on PC.

AnnoyedDragon

Agreed. And can I say finally!

That debate was so silly, coming from someone who knows hardware, it was incredibly frustrating. (and semi-depressing that I engaged in that debate with 13 yr olds for as long as I did)