LOL consoles still can't run Crysis 2. Even after being dumbed down.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

For those of you who haven't seen the Crysis 2 road rage video, check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UUrXPZcKh0

Firstly i would like to start by saying that the framerate is low from beginning to end in the video. My main problem can be found about 55 seconds in to the video to about 58 seconds.

Go look now.

Check out how the rocks are rendered in directly in front of him, literally 5 feet away.

I went to do some digging and have found that this problem is NOT in the leaked version of the PC beta when played on the highest settings.

I bring this up because it seems alot of gamers are convinced that their xbox or playstation has power that is anywhere close to a PC. I dont point this out to put people down or hate, i love the consoles and game on them.

Just know that the consoles are barely capable of running crysis 2, having to sacrifice quality in order to work. When an extremely old beta version on the PC looks and performs better than a much newer revison on the consoles, the truth is unaviodable.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Consoles running games at lower framerates than a good PC? Shocking. :roll:

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Crypt_mx

tagyhag
If you are already aware of that, then this post really isnt for you :P Its for the ignorance i read everywhere i go.
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts

I really don't care what your expensive PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

Crypt_mx

If you are already aware of that, then this post really isnt for you :P Its for the ignorance i read everywhere i go.

I'm sure everybody here knows that, even the most hardcore consolites do. (Though some just don't want to admit it)

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

HAHAHAH, LOLOLOLOLO, no, looks fine, runs fine. Looks like a great port IMHO.

PC will be the best version obviously but console gamers wont be missing the world.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tagyhag

I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. Tetrarch9

Wait, how's a PC overpriced? :?

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

gee, would'a thought?

the game isn't out yet anyways, lets wait till then to look at crysis 2's performance on the consoles.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Crypt_mx

I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. Tetrarch9

You can also play games from your PC on to a tv man, plus you dont need to spend a fortune on a pc to play games on high settings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Is there anyone on this forum who truly, TRULY believes that consoles run games better than PC's do? Especially at high resolutions? That's pretty much a given these days, everyone knows it. Also, don't just base power off of 1 game, it all depends on how the devs utilize it. Notice how KZ3 looks just as good, if not better than Crysis 2, yet it remains at constant 30fps while Crysis 2 dips below 30fps at times.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. tagyhag

they are expensive, (which is probably what he meant to say) but they're in no way overpriced. you get what you pay for.

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tetrarch9

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. tagyhag

Bad choice of words I suppose. It adds up when you have to constantly update them and most are pretty expensive at base price.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. Crypt_mx

You can also play games from your PC on to a tv man, plus you dont need to spend a fortune on a pc to play games on high settings.

No matter how much money you spend on a PC, you won't be able to play Uncharted nor Gears of War 2. If the solution was that obvious many (including me) would have switched a long time ago. It's the lack of all the games I love that make me shy away from PC.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. theuncharted34

they are expensive, (which is probably what he meant to say) but they're in no way overpriced. you get what you pay for.

Yeah they're definitely expensive, but the only thing that pops in my head when I think overpriced is Apple. :P

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

tagyhag

Yeah they're definitely expensive, but the only thing that pops in my head when I think overpriced is Apple. :P

yep, let's all laugh at macs :P

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Crypt_mx

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]I really don't care what your overpriced PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me. Tetrarch9

Bad choice of words I suppose. It adds up when you have to constantly update them and most are pretty expensive at base price.

I bought my PC almost 2 years ago and have not updated it once. Still i can max out all games. If you spend 500-700$ you can build a pc that beats out consoles. Even just tossing a 120$ graphics card in to your current home pc would probably turn it into a good machine anyways if its from the past couple of years.

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tetrarch9
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

Changed it. bad choice of words.
DerpyMcDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 DerpyMcDerp
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts

Who cares?

Crysis 2 is just as boring as the original Crysis, the only difference is that they took away the open map design, which was all Crysis really had going for it in the first place... The story is slightly better, but they ruined that too with the stupid Metal Gear Solid that they pulled at the end.

And please don't pull out "butt but teh grafix11!!," this is one of the blandest looking games ever made, Halo Reach honestly looks better.

Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts

PC gaming is definitely more expensive if you want it to be, but it isn't overpriced(if you know what you're doing). Consoles are running on hardware that is 5 years old. It's amazing games like Uncharted can even be pumped out on that hardware, but optimization and eye tricks go a long way.

FYI, you aren't running the games themselves at a resolution of 1080p. Most console games are locked in 720p with 30fps.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

tagyhag

Not 599 US dollars?

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tetrarch9
[QUOTE="spookykid143"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

Not 599 US dollars?

I bought my PS3 at $350. As did alot of other people around that price. 600 is why the PS3 didn't sell to hot at first.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Thank you Captain Obvious. Everyone knows in the graphics department PC is king.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Yea what else is new.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

LOL as a console gamer I don't care about dem graphics thanks.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Bad choice of words I suppose. It adds up when you have to constantly update them and most are pretty expensive at base price. Tetrarch9

A common misconception - you don't have to constantly upgrade them, as if a game comes out that exceeds your rig, you simply lower the settings.

I was running both The Witcher and ME1 on a nVidia 7800 GTX, a 6-year-old GPU. I have a better PC now, but not because of upgrading (because a chunk of ceiling fell on it).:lol:

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

GOOD. I want Crysis as far away from my console as possible. Way too many great FPS's on xbox and PS3 to worry about some medicore one.

Mattizzle815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 Mattizzle815
Member since 2008 • 895 Posts

I actually thought that looked pretty good

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I really don't care what your expensive PC rigs are capable of. Playing Games Like Uncharted and Gears of War in 1080p on a 42" is good enough for me.

Tetrarch9

Wrong on both accounts. UC2 only runs at the low rez of 720p. PC is not expensive.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"] Bad choice of words I suppose. It adds up when you have to constantly update them and most are pretty expensive at base price. topsemag55

A common misconception - you don't have to constantly upgrade them, as if a game comes out that exceeds your rig, you simply lower the settings.

I was running both The Witcher and ME1 on a nVidia 7800 GTX, a 6-year-old GPU. I have a better PC now, but not because of upgrading (because a chunk of ceiling fell on it).:lol:

I understand what you're saying, but those games will run on anything. And look at the other end of the spectrum...GTA4 still runs like crap. Thats the thing...Consoles bring consitency which is what some people like. Some people like to not worry about headaches with games running on certain machines, or troubleshooting them. I am a PC gamer and have been for a while, but Consoles have grown on me...Its nice to not have to wait for a patch to play a certain game. Do you know how long I had to wait for Oblivion to run on my top of the line system because ATI had some driver bug where the oblivion gates would slow it down to literally 1-2 FPS? That doesnt happen with consoles. To each their own, both have ups and downs.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
Killzone 3. Ciao.
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tetrarch9
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="Tetrarch9"]

Wrong on both accounts. UC2 only runs at the low rez of 720p. PC is not expensive.

I was reffering to the tv its 1080p. And Uncharted 2 still looks phenomal in what ever res its in. And what would you consider expensive exactly?
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

So you're judging a games framerate based off a youtube video?

I bet all that artifacting is disappointing to you too.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Why do so many hermits focus so hard on graphics in the first place?

dc337

It's a source of self-esteem. Building a gaming pc and maxing out a game makes them feel important.

I will admit, ever since I built this rig the first I do in any game is crank the settings to max because I can :P

Though I don't honestly notice most of the difference. The graphical difference is overrated IMO, at least until mods enter the picture.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Bigboi500

Console fanboys are even worse when they talk graphics, because they don't have it.

That's why they say console graphics king :lol:

I agree, it's worse when they do it. But why does anybody do it?

It's System Wars. I can ask why all day lol.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Jankarcop

Why do so many Console fanboys act like 20-30 fps, pop-ins + artifacts, low settings, and 720p is a good thing?

Honestly, which would you rather have?

L.A. Noire will play on pc at 0fps, is that a good thing?

Honestly, which would you rather have?

Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

I am disappointed that rarely anyone is talking about tha gameplay. I'm not worried if someone thinks the gameplay is good or bad, but the fact we're talking about how a rock renders over actual gameplay makes me sad.

Yes, we already know the PC version is superior graphically, but all of the versions are playable and look great at the same time. Isn't that enough to start talking about the feel of the game?

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

spookykid143

Not 599 US dollars?

Nah that was definitely expensive, but not overpriced considering the tech (At the time) and Blu-Ray.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

I'll be getting it on PC, but that looked quite good.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Well, the video they've put in the Now Playing show has impecable frame rate. You guys are hating too much on this game.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
As i saiz, kz3 looks far far better.