La Noire on 360 is 3 discs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="racing1750"][QUOTE="caseystryker"] You wouldn't if it was as loud as the 360.TintedEyes
Loud? My 360 S is silent ;)

Not mine, it's very loud when it starts spinning discs

or you could just install your imaginary games, of course then you wouldn't be able to complain about disc swapping or noise, so i doubt you'd find that very useful.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Meh, what's the problem with swapping the disc every now and again? I find it odd that people complain about this but mandatory installs are fine.
wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts
[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

I feel bad for Xbox users switching discs really sucks :(

TintedEyes
seems to be coming up often lately, Rage Dead Space 2 now this

does this really annoy you that much ? does it annoy you that you need to get up for a leak a few times a day or do you just sit there with wet legs?
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

so, if you can choose between tech from the future or 10 year old tech why are you sticking with the crappy unreliable 10 year old tech?ohthemanatee

Standard doesn't mean better. DD may well become the standard in the future but I much prefer having disc based games. And yes one disc for one game not 2-3. I think disc based formats can co-exist with DD but the format itself has to have a lot of space, DVD just doesn't cut it.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="racing1750"] Loud? My 360 S is silent ;)marklarmer

Not mine, it's very loud when it starts spinning discs

or you could just install your imaginary games, of course then you wouldn't be able to complain about disc swapping or noise, so i doubt you'd find that very useful.

i have a slim i dont got an HDD
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

jeez you must really like me or something :lol: searching in threads and google all about me.

Question are any of those comments recent? if not why are you bringing them up, like i said to racing i can take an updated pic if you like

TintedEyes

No, i dont hunt down info about you LOL. theres something about, the way you conduct yourself on here, that makes me wonder what motivates you, to continually come out with this stuff. post a pic in the next few mins of you with todays time date your 360, tinted eyes and gamespot written. then you might make me make change my opinion.

alright coming up

Link to pic Link

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#157 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

jeez you must really like me or something :lol: searching in threads and google all about me.

Question are any of those comments recent? if not why are you bringing them up, like i said to racing i can take an updated pic if you like

TintedEyes

No, i dont hunt down info about you LOL. theres something about, the way you conduct yourself on here, that makes me wonder what motivates you, to continually come out with this stuff. post a pic in the next few mins of you with todays time date your 360, tinted eyes and gamespot written. then you might make me make change my opinion.

alright coming up

Well Tinted you can post a pic of a 360, but you constantly dodge the gamertag question? Why is that?
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

http://kotaku.com/#!5798996

Wow, that sucks, interesting stuff

TintedEyes

switch discs or sit through a 20 min install, pick your poison.

i have both versions in my gamefly Q so on this one i didn't really care which version i got.

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 wayne_kar

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] No, i dont hunt down info about you LOL. theres something about, the way you conduct yourself on here, that makes me wonder what motivates you, to continually come out with this stuff. post a pic in the next few mins of you with todays time date your 360, tinted eyes and gamespot written. then you might make me make change my opinion.TintedEyes

alright coming up

Link to pic Link

photoshopped
Avatar image for deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
Member since 2008 • 2051 Posts
At least it wont be like final fantasy 13 that came on 3 discs and sadly was a piece of ****.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 racing1750

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] No, i dont hunt down info about you LOL. theres something about, the way you conduct yourself on here, that makes me wonder what motivates you, to continually come out with this stuff. post a pic in the next few mins of you with todays time date your 360, tinted eyes and gamespot written. then you might make me make change my opinion.TintedEyes

alright coming up

Link to pic Link

Since you posted that so quick I'm guessing another family member owns a 360, and it's weird how all the 360 pics you post have the 360 laying on a bed, but never plugged in?
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"] so, if you can choose between tech from the future or 10 year old tech why are you sticking with the crappy unreliable 10 year old tech?Swift_Boss_A

Standard doesn't mean better. DD may well become the standard in the future but I much prefer having disc based games. And yes one disc for one game not 2-3. I think disc based formats can co-exist with DD but the format itself has to have a lot of space, DVD just doesn't cut it.

i think hard disk will always be number 1 when it comes to movies and games, only place i see dd doing good is cell phone games, pc stuff like steam which i hope nvr gets hacked cause that would really suck, and music which is all ready big now. But u got a lot of stuff to think about internet speeds, internet caps, all your content tied to your account and how does that affect u when u want to play online.
Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

Cant they allow downloading of the other 2 discs on to the 360 HDD and make users use 1 disc? (Assuming that's how it works)

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#165 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Cant they allow downloading of the other 2 discs on to the 360 HDD and make users use 1 disc? (Assuming that's how it works)

Alpha-Male22
You can download all three disc to the HDD, so as long as you have a HDD on you 360 this is a complete non-issue. Problem is that not all 360's have HDD.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]alright coming up

racing1750

Link to pic Link

Since you posted that so quick I'm guessing another family member owns a 360, and it's weird how all the 360 pics you post have the 360 laying on a bed, but never plugged in?

Um thats not a bed, thats a table

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="Zurrur"]

I feel bad for Xbox users switching discs really sucks :(

wayne_kar

seems to be coming up often lately, Rage Dead Space 2 now this

does this really annoy you that much ? does it annoy you that you need to get up for a leak a few times a day or do you just sit there with wet legs?

Does suck now come to think of it to have to get up to use the rest room while watching a movie or in a intense ground breaking section of a game. But I do get up to take care of the situation just like xbox users will have to get up to switch disks lol.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Things I've learned from this thread:

1) PS3 gamers are desperate for DD.

2) the PS2 sucked HARD, I mean every game had disc changes, murder sprees resulted.

3) Blu rays are the devil, I mean swapping discs for every time you want to play a new game in the 21st century? lulz

4) Minor inconviences drive people up the wall. This has resulted in some people, unable to game online,going mad and posting crazyness.

You learn something new in SW every day.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

sts106mat

Link to pic Link

ok fair play, so say it is not your friends, maybe its a recent purchase (would explain why its not plugged in? also your lack of gamertag) and you bought a model without the HD so disc swapping could be an issue, unless of course you get the PS3 version. fair point, if you would rather sit through the inevitable PS3 install which you will find = a lot more time than the confimed 2 or 3 disc swaps LA Noire requires. still gonna need that gamertag before i am completely satisfied.

duh! it's obvious it was mothers day and he was having breakfast in bed with a 360.

seriously though i have to know, why was it on a breakfast tray? why?

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

sts106mat

Link to pic Link

ok fair play, so say it is not your friends, maybe its a recent purchase (would explain why its not plugged in? also your lack of gamertag) and you bought a model without the HD so disc swapping could be an issue, unless of course you get the PS3 version. fair point, if you would rather sit through the inevitable PS3 install which you will find = a lot more time than the confimed 2 or 3 disc swaps LA Noire requires. still gonna need that gamertag before i am completely satisfied.

i got it last year and I would rather have an install over a disc swap as well since an install is a one time thing

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 racing1750

[QUOTE="racing1750"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]Link to pic Link

TintedEyes

I can see that :roll: It's still not plugged in and you don't even have it in you to admit you don't game on the 360 because you don't supply any gamer tag at all.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]Link to pic Link

Riverwolf007

duh! it's obvious it was mothers day and he was having breakfast in bed with a 360.

because it was the closest surface? is this what you guys have to resort to? complaining about where the picture was taken?
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#173 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I think ppl forgot how many discs games used to have years ago. Beneath a Steel Sky Amiga (11 discs), Phantasmagoria PC (9 discs), River PSX (5 discs) and so on....

I have no problem changing one disc every 15 hours :P

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] ok fair play, so say it is not your friends, maybe its a recent purchase (would explain why its not plugged in? also your lack of gamertag) and you bought a model without the HD so disc swapping could be an issue, unless of course you get the PS3 version. fair point, if you would rather sit through the inevitable PS3 install which you will find = a lot more time than the confimed 2 or 3 disc swaps LA Noire requires. still gonna need that gamertag before i am completely satisfied.TintedEyes

because it was the closest surface? is this what you guys have to resort to? complaining about where the picture was taken?

well to be fair the composition was terrible.

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 wayne_kar
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] ok fair play, so say it is not your friends, maybe its a recent purchase (would explain why its not plugged in? also your lack of gamertag) and you bought a model without the HD so disc swapping could be an issue, unless of course you get the PS3 version. fair point, if you would rather sit through the inevitable PS3 install which you will find = a lot more time than the confimed 2 or 3 disc swaps LA Noire requires. still gonna need that gamertag before i am completely satisfied.TintedEyes

how would that be any worse than complaining about having to get up to change a disk
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="racing1750"] Since you posted that so quick I'm guessing another family member owns a 360, and it's weird how all the 360 pics you post have the 360 laying on a bed, but never plugged in?racing1750

I can see that :roll: It's still not plugged in and you don't even have it in you to admit you don't game on the 360 because you don't supply any gamer tag at all.

if you can see that why did you say all the pics were on beds? And I played the Crysis 2 and Gears 3 betas on it.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]duh! it's obvious it was mothers day and he was having breakfast in bed with a 360.

wayne_kar

how would that be any worse than complaining about having to get up to change a disk

because I along with other people in the thread dont like to change discs it's an inconvenience deal with it.

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts
So you mean I will have to get up twice over the course of the game?!? OMG when will the madness end? This gen sucks because now I have to stand up walk a couple feet to my 360 and then walk a few feet back to sit down again but the worst part is I have to do it again around 10 hours later...grrr. Standing up is for newbs.rybe1025
What if u just got on, and 5 minutes in you had to switch discs? Let's face it, this is SW and its all about bragging rights, and in this case the PS3 has it :P
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]duh! it's obvious it was mothers day and he was having breakfast in bed with a 360.

sts106mat

so do you keep it on the table? you unplugged it pretty quick, wrote the note, took a pic and uploaded it quick enough, why isn't easier to stick the note next to the console if its plugged in? how about that gamertag?

It's on top of a table in front of a window where too much light was coming in so I moved it ( I can take a pic of the light if you don't beleive me) I still dont see why moving it is a big deal, plus I alreayd gave you a pic you asked for if you dont beleive i have a 360 still that's your problem

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#181 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="wayne_kar"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"] because it was the closest surface? is this what you guys have to resort to? complaining about where the picture was taken?TintedEyes

because I along with other people in the thread dont like to change discs it's an inconvenience deal with it.

you mean in the same way 'people' can just install game onto their 360 harddrives eliminating noise and the need for disc swapping. deal with it :|

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 racing1750

[QUOTE="racing1750"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

TintedEyes

if you can see that why did you say all the pics were on beds? And I played the Crysis 2 and Gears 3 betas on it.

You know there are people who will stick to their desired platform and just come in here and say it, but despite how much you bash the 360 you can't even admit you only care for the PS3, well if you're doing it to appear "unbiased" It isn't working my friend. I myself could supply you with my PSN and XBL gamertag right now because I own both plaforms. No gamertag = no 360.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
PS3 version it is then.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Swift_Boss_A

PS3 version it is then. Heil68

What ? Umm PS3 version = 1 disc and 360 version = 3 discs.

3 > 1 therefore LA Noire is best on 360!

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#186 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

I like how the thread became all about TC, funny stuff.:P

Anyways I wish LA Noire was on PC, would've gotten it at release date.:( Looks like I'll have to get it on the PS3. Alas, might wait till July and get it along with inFamous 2 I guess.:P

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]So you mean I will have to get up twice over the course of the game?!? OMG when will the madness end? This gen sucks because now I have to stand up walk a couple feet to my 360 and then walk a few feet back to sit down again but the worst part is I have to do it again around 10 hours later...grrr. Standing up is for newbs.Alpha-Male22
What if u just got on, and 5 minutes in you had to switch discs? Let's face it, this is SW and its all about bragging rights, and in this case the PS3 has it :P

As you'd be 10 minutes further into the game cos you didn't have a mandatory install, you'd still have had an extra 9 minutes and 50 seconds of game time :P Not sure thats a win for the PS3 unfortunately
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="wayne_kar"]how would that be any worse than complaining about having to get up to change a disk marklarmer

you mean in the same way 'people' can just install game onto their 360 harddrives eliminating noise and the need for disc swapping. deal with it :|

that means they have to buy an extra add on just to get rid of a loud noise

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#189 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

For the record, swapping disc is completely irrelevant to me. I couldn't care less about having to do that. The problem I have is the noise associated with not having a game installed to the HDD, though apparently that's not an issue with the new slims from what I've read. I figure if I'm going to install the game anyways, I may as well get it for the system I game on the most.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="racing1750"] I can see that :roll: It's still not plugged in and you don't even have it in you to admit you don't game on the 360 because you don't supply any gamer tag at all. racing1750

You know there are people who will stick to their desired platform and just come in here and say it, but despite how much you bash the 360 you can't even admit you only care for the PS3, well if you're doing it to appear "unbiased" It isn't working my friend. I myself could supply you with my PSN and XBL gamertag right now because I own both plaforms. No gamertag = no 360.

You saying I don't have a 360 doesn't make it true

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#191 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

Disk swapping seems a bit awkward with a free roam game but it's hardly the end of the world. Still, this might be the first Rockstar game where the PS3 is the superior version. It was bound to happen eventually :P

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 TintedEyes

I like how the thread became all about TC, funny stuff.:P

sanim02

Happens every time, with the usual people too.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#194 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]PS3 version it is then. Swift_Boss_A

What ? Umm PS3 version = 1 disc and 360 version = 3 discs.

3 > 1 therefore LA Noire is best on 360!

Don't forget how it'll probably look better on the 360.:P Ahh Rockstarr, yall troll us gud there.:P

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#195 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Haven't seen a "game install" vs "multiple disks" argument in ages. Seeing as this is a plot based game, and I doubt its going to be so heavily based on open world-ly-ness, I don't think its going to be an issue at all.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Swift_Boss_A

Disk swapping seems a bit awkward with a free roam game but it's hardly the end of the world. Still, this might be the first Rockstar game where the PS3 is the superior version. It was bound to happen eventually :P

tryagainlater

Team Bondi game ! We have to wait for AGENT to see if Rockstar themselves are able to make a superior PS3 game, cause there will be no 360 version :P

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

People think it just comes down to disk swapping. But in reality, alot of people take a disk out and turn it over and put it on their tv stand or what ever to get back to gaming. But now that disk is left out to the elements (especially dvd disks) which inturn can cause scratches or worse yet a child may come along a ruin that disk. Now you have a 3 disk set that one of the disk is now damaged and your entire game is screwed up.

Another situation is the amount of games that can be stored in a cabinet. Bigger disk sets well come with bigger boxes, which inturns waist space aswell as ruining the look of your collection.

Keeping up with one game disk or none at all, should definitly be looked at as the better situation in 2011.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"] because I along with other people in the thread dont like to change discs it's an inconvenience deal with it.

TintedEyes

All current 360s come with a harddrive. You can use a standard USB stick too if needed.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 TintedEyes
[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]you mean in the same way 'people' can just install game onto their 360 harddrives eliminating noise and the need for disc swapping. deal with it :|

sts106mat

come on wheres the gamertag. you said you played the gears beta, in order to do that, you have to have a gamertag, either give it (like most folks on here) or give a valid reason , otherwise its just a waste of time arguing about if that 360 is even yours.

It's mine, I dont know why you think I would run over to come friend both times to prove something to people on the internet.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
so it's agreed, the TC doesn't have a 360 why does he care about teh 360 version then?