La Noire on 360 is 3 discs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]you mean in the same way 'people' can just install game onto their 360 harddrives eliminating noise and the need for disc swapping. deal with it :|

Ravensmash

that means they have to buy an extra add on just to get rid of a loud noise

All current 360s come with a harddrive. You can use a standard USB stick too if needed.

No they don't the 360 slim has a 3 GB flash no HDD

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#202 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
[QUOTE="Ravensmash"] All current 360s come with a harddrive. You can use a standard USB stick too if needed.

That is not true--the 4GB Xbox 360 does not have a hard drive. It has around 4GB of storage on it, but that is Flash-based (I think) and is most definitely not a hard drive.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

People think it just comes down to disk swapping. But in reality, alot of people take a disk out and turn it over and put it on their tv stand or what ever to get back to gaming. But now that disk is left out to the elements (especially dvd disks) which inturn can cause scratches or worse yet a child may come along a ruin that disk. Now you have a 3 disk set that one of the disk is now damaged and your entire game is screwed up.

Another situation is the amount of games that can be stored in a cabinet. Bigger disk sets well come with bigger boxes, which inturns waist space aswell as ruining the look of your collection.

Keeping up with one game disk or none at all, should definitly be looked at as the better situation in 2011.

GreyFoXX4

Another advocate for the scrapping of outdated tech like DVD's and blu-rays, DD cannot come fast enough, no disk swapping at all!

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 TintedEyes
[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]so it's agreed, the TC doesn't have a 360 why does he care about teh 360 version then?

I thought you dont give out your PSNid either?
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#205 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts

It literally takes ten seconds to pop the disc out and put in another one.

You must be like jabba the hut if this is too much movement for you.

Optical_Order

It's unnecessary hassle. And puts useless strain on the machine.

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#206 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

Seriously, just tell everyone your gamertag. It does seem a bit odd that you're not willing to share it.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#207 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

People think it just comes down to disk swapping. But in reality, alot of people take a disk out and turn it over and put it on their tv stand or what ever to get back to gaming. But now that disk is left out to the elements (especially dvd disks) which inturn can cause scratches or worse yet a child may come along a ruin that disk. Now you have a 3 disk set that one of the disk is now damaged and your entire game is screwed up.

Another situation is the amount of games that can be stored in a cabinet. Bigger disk sets well come with bigger boxes, which inturns waist space aswell as ruining the look of your collection.

Keeping up with one game disk or none at all, should definitly be looked at as the better situation in 2011.

GreyFoXX4

Simple solution to that problem. Put the game in its case. :/ Not a problem if you're not lazy or whatever.

Those are pretty small problems and can easily be avoided.

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]that means they have to buy an extra add on just to get rid of a loud noise

TintedEyes

come on wheres the gamertag. you said you played the gears beta, in order to do that, you have to have a gamertag, either give it (like most folks on here) or give a valid reason , otherwise its just a waste of time arguing about if that 360 is even yours.

It's mine, I dont know why you think I would run over to come friend both times to prove something to people on the internet.

if your too lazy to get up to change a disk i don't believe you ever ran anywhere. so it must be yours

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#209 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

3 discs for a semi open world game !? Yeah this game was made for the PS3, lol. Blu-ray is definitely the future of gaming consoles(at least for another gen), screw DVD and DD.

Stevo_the_gamer
Screw ... DD? :o

its definitely a typo.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#210 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"] because I along with other people in the thread dont like to change discs it's an inconvenience deal with it.

TintedEyes

you mean in the same way 'people' can just install game onto their 360 harddrives eliminating noise and the need for disc swapping.deal with it :|

that meanstheyhave to buy an extra add on just to get rid of a loud noise

'they'?? oh wait i see, so you're allowed to generalize that people think disc swapping sucks, whilst also generalizing that everyone has to buy a 360 harddrive to install their games :roll: this is what happens when i abandon my rule of not replying to your nonsensical posts.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"] because I along with other people in the thread dont like to change discs it's an inconvenience deal with it.

TintedEyes

you mean in the same way 'people' can just install game onto their 360 harddrives eliminating noise and the need for disc swapping. deal with it :|

Or they buy the fully featured model :?
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]so it's agreed, the TC doesn't have a 360 why does he care about teh 360 version then?TintedEyes

and you said you sold your 360

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#214 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

[QUOTE="tryagainlater"]

Disk swapping seems a bit awkward with a free roam game but it's hardly the end of the world. Still, this might be the first Rockstar game where the PS3 is the superior version. It was bound to happen eventually :P

Swift_Boss_A

Team Bondi game ! We have to wait for AGENT to see if Rockstar themselves are able to make a superior PS3 game, cause there will be no 360 version :P

Heh, fair enough. I forgot about Team Bondi. I wouldn't be surprised if Agent suddenly got a 360 version though.
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#215 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

Seriously, just tell everyone your gamertag. It does seem a bit odd that you're not willing to share it.

caseystryker

lol why does he have to prove anything to anyone choose to believe him or just dont, ahh im so bored

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"][QUOTE="rybe1025"]So you mean I will have to get up twice over the course of the game?!? OMG when will the madness end? This gen sucks because now I have to stand up walk a couple feet to my 360 and then walk a few feet back to sit down again but the worst part is I have to do it again around 10 hours later...grrr. Standing up is for newbs.blue_hazy_basic
What if u just got on, and 5 minutes in you had to switch discs? Let's face it, this is SW and its all about bragging rights, and in this case the PS3 has it :P

As you'd be 10 minutes further into the game cos you didn't have a mandatory install, you'd still have had an extra 9 minutes and 50 seconds of game time :P Not sure thats a win for the PS3 unfortunately

But teh inconvenience of getting up!

Wait, does PS3 have mand install? And in general, why? I never understood forced installs… and why doesn't the 360 have it?

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] come on wheres the gamertag. you said you played the gears beta, in order to do that, you have to have a gamertag, either give it (like most folks on here) or give a valid reason , otherwise its just a waste of time arguing about if that 360 is even yours. wayne_kar

It's mine, I dont know why you think I would run over to come friend both times to prove something to people on the internet.

if your too lazy to get up to change a disk i don't believe you ever ran anywhere. so it must be yours

I never said i woudn't get up if i had to
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]so it's agreed, the TC doesn't have a 360 why does he care about teh 360 version then?ohthemanatee

when
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#220 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

[QUOTE="tryagainlater"]

Disk swapping seems a bit awkward with a free roam game but it's hardly the end of the world. Still, this might be the first Rockstar game where the PS3 is the superior version. It was bound to happen eventually :P

Swift_Boss_A

Team Bondi game ! We have to wait for AGENT to see if Rockstar themselves are able to make a superior PS3 game, cause there will be no 360 version :P

No 360 version = 360 cant handle it. You know how it works ;)

/sarcasm :P

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]you mean in the same way 'people' can just install game onto their 360 harddrives eliminating noise and the need for disc swapping. deal with it :|

Ravensmash

All current 360s come with a harddrive. You can use a standard USB stick too if needed.

I think he didn't understand what was beign said... because he doesn't have a 360. So TintedEyes, here's the explaination... once the game is installed, the disc does not spin since the data resides on the hard drive. Since it is the 360's dvd rom that is noisey, having it 'not spin' means 'no noise' as well as less heat.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

Yep, PS3 version for me. Last thing I want to do is fiddle around with discs.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"] What if u just got on, and 5 minutes in you had to switch discs? Let's face it, this is SW and its all about bragging rights, and in this case the PS3 has it :PAlpha-Male22

As you'd be 10 minutes further into the game cos you didn't have a mandatory install, you'd still have had an extra 9 minutes and 50 seconds of game time :P Not sure thats a win for the PS3 unfortunately

Wait, does PS3 have mand install? And in general, why? I never understood forced installs… and why doesn't the 360 have it?

because info reads far too slowly of the PS3 BR as far as i'm aware vs a DVD, I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Alpha-Male22
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

3 discs for a semi open world game !? Yeah this game was made for the PS3, lol. Blu-ray is definitely the future of gaming consoles(at least for another gen), screw DVD and DD.

yellosnolvr
Screw ... DD? :o

its definitely a typo.

DD= Dumb Dumbs. he is expressing his anger towards idiots
Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#225 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

[QUOTE="caseystryker"]

coltgames

lol why does he have to prove anything to anyone choose to believe him or just dont

Probably will judge his gamerscore and the games he played next.:P Not trying to defend anyone or take sides but I'm just sayin' it's a possibility.:P

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"] I thought you dont give out your PSNid either?TintedEyes

when

lol, so you never owned one and you even lied about owning and selling one? kk

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]you mean in the same way 'people' can just install game onto their 360 harddrives eliminating noise and the need for disc swapping.deal with it :|

marklarmer

that meanstheyhave to buy an extra add on just to get rid of a loud noise

'they'?? oh wait i see, so you're allowed to generalize that people think disc swapping sucks, whilst also generalizing that everyone has to buy a 360 harddrive to install their games :roll: this is what happens when i abandon my rule of not replying to your nonsensical posts.

You would need another add on to install games, and HDD or a FD. That's not really a generalization, it's a fact.
Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Alpha-Male22

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] As you'd be 10 minutes further into the game cos you didn't have a mandatory install, you'd still have had an extra 9 minutes and 50 seconds of game time :P Not sure thats a win for the PS3 unfortunatelyblue_hazy_basic

because info reads far too slowly of the PS3 BR as far as i'm aware vs a DVD, I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

So what does the install do? Load it on to the HDD? why cant the same be done for 360?
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="coltgames"][QUOTE="caseystryker"]

sanim02

lol why does he have to prove anything to anyone choose to believe him or just dont

Probably will judge his gamerscore and the games he played next.:P Not trying to defend anyone or take sides but I'm just sayin' it's a possibility.:P

That's one of the reasons, since i mostly play betas i dont have a high GS I'm sure some of the lems will use that to try and discredit my posts

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"]

Alpha-Male22

So what does the install do? Load it on to the HDD? why cant the same be done for 360?

You can do it for the 360 too, but its not mand

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

ohthemanatee

when

lol, so you never owned one and you even lied about owning and selling one? kk

No I own one, never said i sold it
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#233 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Personally I would rather have faster loading times and have the minor inconvinience of changing disks every 10hrs or so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

[QUOTE="tryagainlater"]

PAL360

Oh I shall have a little chuckle when Agent goes multiplat.:P

Honestly if LA Noire was the original exclusive for the PS3, should've kept it seeing as it's at least coming out.:P However seeing as it's a multiplat, I am a little hurt that it's not on PC (like RDR) but whatever, I'll play it on PS3.:P

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]that means they have to buy an extra add on just to get rid of a loud noise

Phazevariance

I think he didn't understand what was beign said... because he doesn't have a 360. So TintedEyes, here's the explaination... once the game is installed, the disc does not spin since the data resides on the hard drive. Since it is the 360's dvd rom that is noisey, having it 'not spin' means 'no noise' as well as less heat.

And it seems you dont understand because the 360 I have does not have an HDD to install games.

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Alpha-Male22

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] because info reads far too slowly of the PS3 BR as far as i'm aware vs a DVD, I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong

blue_hazy_basic

Yeah but if u do, do u need 3 discs?
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#237 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

[QUOTE="coltgames"] lol why does he have to prove anything to anyone choose to believe him or just dontTintedEyes

That's one of the reasons, since i mostly play betas i dont have a high GS I'm sure some of the lems will use that to try and discredit my posts

Fair enough, that's good enough for me.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#238 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Damn 360 fans, ya'll are really swarming the TC here.

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Alpha-Male22

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

sanim02

Honestly if LA Noire was the original exclusive for the PS3, should've kept it seeing as it's at least coming out.:P However seeing as it's a multiplat, I am a little hurt that it's not on PC (like RDR) but whatever, I'll play it on PS3.:P

if it goes multiplat then the game was never fully up to PS3's godly potential and was dumbed down from the start!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 205212669269561485377169522720

FIipMode

Well they weren't all 360 fans to be fair...:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 205212669269561485377169522720

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Alpha-Male22

if it goes multiplat then the game was never fully up to PS3's godly potential and was dumbed down from the start!

Might announce that it's going multiplat and that R* is working on another new IP for the PS4 exclusively.:P

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"] So what does the install do? Load it on to the HDD? why cant the same be done for 360?Alpha-Male22

No idea, you need the discs in ME2 as copyright I'm presuming, dunno if its the same here.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

Well, that's a minor inconvience, but I wouldn't stop me from buying the 360 version if I had / wanted to. I'm still not sure which system to get it for.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 FIipMode

[QUOTE="FIipMode"]

sanim02

Well they weren't all 360 fans to be fair...:P

Yeah there was probably a few other guys in that angry mob.
Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Alpha-Male22

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"][QUOTE="sanim02"]

sanim02

Might announce that it's going multiplat and that R* is working on another new IP for the PS4 exclusively.:P

how do u know? PS3 needed 3rd party exclusives. Woulda helped Sony a lot. Even if timed, it sure as hell helped MS, who seems pretty incompetent when it comes to running a large number of strong studios these days
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 FIipMode

Well, that's a minor inconvience, but I wouldn't stop me from buying the 360 version if I had / wanted to. I'm still not sure which system to get it for.

Episode_Eve
On one disc and an extra mission, you know you gotta get that Trey version. I was planning on getting the 360 versions since it's an SP game but recent news put me over to the other side.
tempest91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#249 tempest91
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

blue_hazy_basic

No idea, you need the discs in ME2 as copyright I'm presuming, dunno if its the same here.

You will still need the discs. The game runs from the HD, but you need the disc in the drive to verify you didn't just rent the game and rip it to your drive, then return it.

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Alpha-Male22

Episode_Eve
Why not? Unless the PS3 version turns out to be a poor port. Besides, seeing my name flash online and off is enough reason to get the PS3 version over 360 anytime