Heavy Rain - STICKEH EDITION! (89@Metacritic) (Gamespot Review in 8.5)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Skittles_McGee
Member since 2008 • 9136 Posts

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Logic disproven? Your one person... How do you explain the lack of A votes and below? What do you think lems are voting for? They clearly think the game is garbage, this board has had countless threads claiming so. So where are their low votes? Hmmmm.Eddie-Vedder

Because it'd be silly to vote A or lower. The large majority of reviews are AAA, with a rare exception here and there. When predicting what it'll get here, it wouldn't make much sense to think "Yeah it'll probably be significantly lower than the average". It might prove true to a few rare games, but those are the exceptions. Not the rule.

What are you talking about? Hype is hype, lems have no place voting in a hype thread for a PS3 exclusive, these polls don't mean squat, any poll in SW doesn't mean squat, at best make a thread where ppl just post what they think and then count it up so fanboys aren't a click away from their evil flop scheme lol. First of all you can't have multiple hype threads, this is like the 5th or somehting, 2nd you aren't supposed to make the hype threads when reviews are already coming out, completly defeats the whole purpose of it, and 3rd you don't count the hype from lems and fanboys... They have no place voting. You'd think it's a simple concept to grasp... They called the game garbage and yet there are only 2 A votes? Rightt....

Any poll has its inaccuracies, especially on the internet. I don't know what requiring a post would change though, at the end of the day. Despite that though, its unlikely there are enough "angry fanboys" to cause that big of a difference. There are likely just as many people "playing safe" to avoid being "owned" as there are people "overhyping" to cause "ownage". It balances in the end.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I think when a hype thread is stickied and there's a poll showing the hype, that hype poll is the "official" hype over previous ones. Can't wait to try out the demo tomorrow, since I didn't want to get it from that website.

river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
i say AA but im hoping AAA. and to all the people sating "i dont want to do QTE for 8 hours"... well then dont, the game will still go on even if you dont press the buttons
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
For months HR has been hated on " It's a movie" "Full of QTE" and now the AAA hype is winning!? Hmm I can see why some would say it's AAA considering it is receiving 9's across most sites but come on this does not translate to GS giving it a 9. The game is too experimental, the gameplay wont appeal to everyone, Im not saying there isn't a shot for HR getting AAA but it would be safer for such a title to be hyped AA because the gameplay is a hit or miss for gamers.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#155 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

GameSpot gave Demon's Souls a 9.0 and made it their GOTY, did that game have a strong story? Looking at the reviews, they're saying Heavy Rain have a strong story, so this can easily get AAA here.

gago-gago
So story is now the standard that decides a game's quality?
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="gago-gago"]

GameSpot gave Demon's Souls a 9.0 and made it their GOTY, did that game have a strong story? Looking at the reviews, they're saying Heavy Rain have a strong story, so this can easily get AAA here.

themyth01

MGS4 got a 10 here, so I would assume that no, story does not decide a game's quality.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] Because it'd be silly to vote A or lower. The large majority of reviews are AAA, with a rare exception here and there. When predicting what it'll get here, it wouldn't make much sense to think "Yeah it'll probably be significantly lower than the average". It might prove true to a few rare games, but those are the exceptions. Not the rule.Skittles_McGee

What are you talking about? Hype is hype, lems have no place voting in a hype thread for a PS3 exclusive, these polls don't mean squat, any poll in SW doesn't mean squat, at best make a thread where ppl just post what they think and then count it up so fanboys aren't a click away from their evil flop scheme lol. First of all you can't have multiple hype threads, this is like the 5th or somehting, 2nd you aren't supposed to make the hype threads when reviews are already coming out, completly defeats the whole purpose of it, and 3rd you don't count the hype from lems and fanboys... They have no place voting. You'd think it's a simple concept to grasp... They called the game garbage and yet there are only 2 A votes? Rightt....

Any poll has its inaccuracies, especially on the internet. I don't know what requiring a post would change though, at the end of the day. Despite that though, its unlikely there are enough "angry fanboys" to cause that big of a difference. There are likely just as many people "playing safe" to avoid being "owned" as there are people "overhyping" to cause "ownage". It balances in the end.

It would change a lot. Level 1 posters named BillGatesSon wouldn't be able to vote.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="gago-gago"]

Skittles_McGee

MGS4 got a 10 here, so I would assume that no, story does not decide a game's quality.

Was the story that bad?
Skittles_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Skittles_McGee
[QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"][QUOTE="themyth01"] So story is now the standard that decides a game's quality? themyth01

Was the story that bad?

It certainly could have been a lot better >_>
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Swift_Boss_A
[QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"] MGS4 got a 10 here, so I would assume that no, story does not decide a game's quality.Skittles_McGee
Was the story that bad?

It certainly could have been a lot better >_>

Well Kojima could only appeal to so many MGS fans with Snake's Final chapter. Personally I found MGS4 story to be excellent and it did tie up all the loose ends as far as I can tell. Best game this gen :D
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
AAA. If people were somehow required to post their vote as well or instead of polling they could be held more accountable.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Swift_Boss_A
AAA. If people were somehow required to post their vote as well or instead of polling they could be held more accountable. Deathtransit
That would make sense, from what I have seen in this thread most people are hyping it AA apart from a few hyping AAA but the poll says a completely different story.
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
I enjoy both systems (PS3 a little more) and I think GS will give it AAA due to it's uniqueness and good story. I think the poll is relatively accurate from what I've seen on the forums and the review trends. Haters and complainers are usually the most vocal too.
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
So the hype is AAA now?
3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

So is gamespot going to make us wait another week and half? I hope they release their review no later than this weekend. Otherwise this thread is going to be only about the bickering of what the hype was for it and nothing about actually talking about the game. LOL.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

So is gamespot going to make us wait another week and half? I hope they release their review no later than this weekend. Otherwise this thread is going to be only about the bickering of what the hype was for it and nothing about actually talking about the game. LOL.

3rdbass
SW is going to bicker about the score and hype anyway, that's just how SW works. If you want intelligent discussion of the game it's best to head to the platform board for discussion
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Swift_Boss_A

3rdbass
Im sure it will be reviewed this weekend, wait the game is not out till 23rd... Hmm I have a feeling we may have to wait a week, at least. Anyway the demo is releasing tomorrow but I managed to play it earlier, I have to say it's damn good but buggy, expected from the demo though. The fight in the apartment had my heart racing, I can tell all the action scenes in the game are gonna be EPIC, just knowing that if you mess up can kill the character for good is really nerve-wrecking.
3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

[QUOTE="3rdbass"]

Swift_Boss_A

Im sure it will be reviewed this weekend, wait the game is not out till 23rd... Hmm I have a feeling we may have to wait a week, at least. Anyway the demo is releasing tomorrow but I managed to play it earlier, I have to say it's damn good but buggy, expected from the demo though. The fight in the apartment had my heart racing, I can tell all the action scenes in the game are gonna be EPIC, just knowing that if you mess up can kill the character for good is really nerve-wrecking.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the fight scene in the first scenario. The second scenario wasn't as fun. The controls weren't the best but after reading the reviews I know understand that it is done to immerse you further into the story. Just kind of a pain holding the Trianle and the circle button at the same time. LOL. The atmosphere was top notch and the story seemed really interesting. I played the first scene and pick different speech prompts and it changed the scenario a little bit when talking to the girl about her child. This is my most anticipated game of the year next to the TLG if it comes out this year. Going to be hard waiting a 2 weeks for the game.

MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 MizFitAwesome
Member since 2009 • 2745 Posts

Look at all of the cows in this thread screaming conspiracy and still trying to say AA hype. If it doesn't get a 9 its a flop by the rules you continue to use against 360 and Wii games, deal wiith it...

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#170 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
Other thread was closed, obviously, about time a sticky was made. Anyways, I suspect A to AA -- if I try to nail it down to one numerical outlook, 7.5 gets my vote. [QUOTE="Skittles_McGee"]Any poll has its inaccuracies, especially on the internet. I don't know what requiring a post would change though, at the end of the day. Despite that though, its unlikely there are enough "angry fanboys" to cause that big of a difference. There are likely just as many people "playing safe" to avoid being "owned" as there are people "overhyping" to cause "ownage". It balances in the end.

Reading through this thread has given some good ideas for a SystemWars comic for SWM 2.0. "teh conspriracy" "fanboys rigging the hype" xD
xPhantom63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 xPhantom63
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Got a 9/10 from IGN AAA

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1067755p1.html

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Swift_Boss_A
Yeah, I really enjoyed the fight scene in the first scenario. The second scenario wasn't as fun. The controls weren't the best but after reading the reviews I know understand that it is done to immerse you further into the story. Just kind of a pain holding the Trianle and the circle button at the same time. LOL. The atmosphere was top notch and the story seemed really interesting. I played the first scene and pick different speech prompts and it changed the scenario a little bit when talking to the girl about her child. This is my most anticipated game of the year next to the TLG if it comes out this year. Going to be hard waiting a 2 weeks for the game.3rdbass
Yeah the 2nd scenario wasn't as intense but it was a whole lot more atmospheric, btw climbing the muddy hill was a pain in the arse, I felt like I was playing Twister with my fingers LOL. Im definitely interested in this title but my most anticipated is GOW3 followed by... yep The Last Guardian :D Team Ico could do no wrong.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Swift_Boss_A

Look at all of the cows in this thread screaming conspiracy and still trying to say AA hype. If it doesn't get a 9 its a flop by the rules you continue to use against 360 and Wii games, deal wiith it...

MizFitAwesome
You got your wish, it is AAA hype, now do your lemm dance for us...
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#174 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
I'll say AAA. If it doesn't get it... I don't really care :P
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

BSO's years of hype officially justified.

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Phaze-Two
Member since 2009 • 3444 Posts

AA here.

lookin good HR!

Ultra_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Ultra_Combo
Member since 2009 • 1494 Posts

I wasn't to happy about this from Ign

8.0 Lasting Appeal
One playthrough won't take you all that long (eight hours maybe), but you have lots of reasons to go back and try new stuff. Experimentation is rewarded well.

8 Hours , 60 dallars? :?

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Swift_Boss_A

8.0 Lasting Appeal
One playthrough won't take you all that long (eight hours maybe), but you have lots of reasons to go back and try new stuff. Experimentation is rewarded well.

Ultra_Combo
I hope you are not saying the game should have had MP :P True the first playthrough doesn't seem very long but the game has a lot of re-playability with it's many endings and different scenes based on what you do.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

i got a feeling GS will 8-8.5 this game..... i still voted for AAA though:D

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Swift_Boss_A

i got a feeling GS will 8-8.5 this game..... i still voted for AAA though:D

ultraking
I guess some people just don't take hype threads seriously :P Bu SW's is serious business, lol.
Ultra_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Ultra_Combo
Member since 2009 • 1494 Posts

[QUOTE="Ultra_Combo"]

8.0 Lasting Appeal

Swift_Boss_A

I hope you are not saying the game should have had MP :P True the first playthrough doesn't seem very long but the game has a lot of re-playability with it's many endings and different scenes based on what you do.

Yes multiplayer would have been nice :P

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"][QUOTE="Ultra_Combo"]

8.0 Lasting Appeal

Ultra_Combo

Yes multiplayer would have been nice :P

MP with only QTE :shock: That would be really interesting...
Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3349 Posts

voted for AAE. Go Heavy Rain. :)

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#184 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

Jim Sterling at Destructoid has once again painted himself as an attention seeking fool with his review. He's been complaining about Heavy Rain being a "disservice" to the game industry for about a month now, whining about how "the developers are arrogant" and other stupid stuff, and now he's given the game one of its lowest reviews on record, even as most other sites score it in the 90% range. I think he realizes that the people who pre-disposed against the game are going to seek his review out because he has the most negative stuff to say about it, and judging from the praises he's recieving for his review in its comments section that's exactly what's happening. That guy can be such a troll sometimes.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 jyoung312

Jim Sterling at Destructoid has once again painted himself as an attention seeking fool with his review. He's been complaining about Heavy Rain being a "disservice" to the game industry for about a month now, whining about how "the developers are arrogant" and other stupid stuff, and now he's given the game one of its lowest reviews on record, even as most other sites score it in the 90% range. I think he realizes that the people who pre-disposed against the game are going to seek his review out because he has the most negative stuff to say about it, and judging from the praises he's recieving for his review in its comments section that's exactly what's happening. That guy can be such a troll sometimes.

Timstuff
Destroid is always good for writing reviews just to incite hate. Go look at their AC2 review. In no way shape or form can anyone possibly think that AC2 is that bad.
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

For only 8 Hours QTE moviegame i think it will get AA.Maybe i will rent this someday but it is not a buy for me,no replay value.It is more a QTE movie...it is not a game.

Computer and Video Games 8/10

Game Revolution 7,5/10

Destructoid 7/10

Games Radar 7/10

Gamekult 6/10

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

For only 8 Hours QTE moviegame i think it will get AA.Maybe i will rent this someday but it is not a buy for me,no replay value.It is more a QTE movie...it is not a game.

Game Revolution 7,5/10

Destructoid 7/10

Games Radar 7/10

Gamekult 6/10

Panosola
False. There is replay value
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 jyoung312

Game Revolution 7,5/10

Destructoid 7/10

Games Radar 7/10

Gamekult 6/10

Panosola
Dude the game has over 26 reviews that scored it higher than 9.0 and you picked the only five that scored it below 8.0. I'm pretty sure I can find the same amount of reviews that scored Halo 3 8.0 under. Plz if you are going to post atleast do your research.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#189 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

Game Revolution 7,5/10

Destructoid 7/10

Games Radar 7/10

Gamekult 6/10

Panosola

·GameBlog - 10
·GamAlive - 10
·PlayStation The Official Magazine USA - 10
·Micromania.fr - 10
·Boomtown - 10
·PlayStation Life****/a> - 10
·
Empire - 10
·Just Push Start - 10
·Examiner - 10
·TVG - 10
·GamePro - 10
Gamervision - 10

·NextGen News - 9.9
·Video Vibes - 9.7
·Everyeye.it - 9.7
·Jeux Video Network - 9.5
·GameInfomer - 9.5
·PSXextreme - 9.5
·Inc gamers - 9.4
Multiplayer.it - 9.4
·Famitsu - 9.3
·gamingxp - 9.2
·GamesMaster - 9.1
·1UP - 9.1
·9lives - 9.1
·Official PlayStation Magazine UK - 9
·Eurogamer.fr - 9
·PlayFrance - 9
·Pelaaja Magazine - 9
·Play3-Live - 9
·Consoleo - 9
·IGN - 9
·IGN UK - 9
·Cynamite - 9
·Spaziogames - 9
·Eurogamer.it - 9
·Eurogamer - 9
·Play.tm - 9
Videogamer - 9
·Eurogamer Portugal - 9
·NZGamer - 9
·Gamereactor.se - 9
·Gamereactor.no - 9
·Gamereactor.dk - 9
·Video Games Daily - 9
·Gamesurf.it - 9
·Gamerzines - 9

·PSM3 Magazine - 8.8
·IGN AU - 8.8
·tom's GAMES - 8.5
·JeuxActu - 8
·Gamekyo - 8
·Dengeki Magazine - 8
·Telegraph - 8
·Computer and Videogames - 8
·G4TV - 8
·GameRevolution - 8

·Jeuxvideo - 7.5
·Destructoid - 7
·Gamesradar - 7
·Gamekult - 6

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Swift_Boss_A
^ Holy Moly the game may get a 9 here after all :o
pstripl3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 pstripl3
Member since 2007 • 795 Posts
I'm done reading anymore Heavy Rain threads or watching any videos. I already know its going to be awesome and will be buying the game once it comes out. Don't want any spoilers to ruin the game for me so I'll talk to you guys later after I finish the game. See you guys after the game!
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Timstuff

I always feel sad for the gaming industry in general when people follow one site so religiously. I've seen people comment "pass" or "rent" when a game gets a freaking 8 or high marks in general, but not a 9. And they follow one site, be it Destructoid, Kotaku, Joystiq, etc - who have many mindless sheep.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 jyoung312

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

BioShockOwnz

I always feel sad for the gaming industry in general when people follow one site so religiously. I've seen people comment "pass" or "rent" when a game gets a freaking 8 or high marks in general, but not a 9. And they follow one site, be it Destructoid, Kotaku, Joystiq, etc - who have many mindless sheep.

That's why I follow multiple sites, using N4G as my guide because it collects all the news from the various sites in one place. However, I prefer GS's community and forums
punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts

Game Revolution 7,5/10

Destructoid 7/10

Games Radar 7/10

Gamekult 6/10

Panosola
I like how your selective on the reviews, dont feed the troll people. I cant wait for this to be in my PS3 to PLAY.
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

Game Revolution 7,5/10

Destructoid 7/10

Games Radar 7/10

Gamekult 6/10

Panosola

LOL funny nice try

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17457 Posts
This game will be awesome!! I just started Indigo Prophecy again to tide me over :P
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#197 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

1up's review is in, ladies and gentlemen.

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
this game gonna get a 9.0, my crystal ball is always right!!!
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

I wish the limited edition was coming out in the states.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17457 Posts
I think Gamespot will 8.5 it for the lulz :P