Heavy Rain - STICKEH EDITION! (89@Metacritic) (Gamespot Review in 8.5)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 0

#2001 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Spoiler

InsaneBasura

[spoiler] Becuase you didnt see him doing it, the game uses that to throw you off completely so that you dont suspect anything, I have seen simmilar stuff done in some movies before aswell. like with shelbys thoughts they used deception. We are more or less led to believe that we are given control of these characters and our roles as the player is to actually become them while playing, BUT with shelby its entirely possible that he was actually presented to us simply as a character we observe, considering how we cant really change what happens to him when we play him, we cannot kill him during his gameplay moments at all even if we try. With the idea that we arent actually shelby and just observers i dont see why they cant ommit stuff that happens [/spoiler]

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2002 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

This game is freaking stunning! Also, I'm ready to say that the graphics blow me the **** away and I prefer them to anything else on consoles right now.

It's really an evolution of what Indigo Prophecy did and god, it is awesome.

BioShockOwnz

While I still think Uncharted 2 is the best game on consoles, visually, because of the polish and the entire package, I definitely see how you could say this.

At the beginning of the game (no spoilers guys, don't worry), in the park, it looks photorealistic at times. Some of the animations are incredibly well-done. If I have any complaints, it's that the animation isn't always at that calibre, and at times I see the same NPC over and over, especially at the cop station. I love it though, the facial models in the load screens are clearly the best I have ever seen. The first Madison scene definitely has it's eye-popping moments, too. ;)

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2003 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="zarshack"]hmm only took me 7 mins to DL it...

BioShockOwnz

That's still too long for 226MB lol.

Agreed. It took me about 5, but updates take like no time on 360.

Truth. Live updates incredibly fast. If that's a result of it being a paid service, then that's definitely going in the Win column.
dont-read-this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2004 dont-read-this
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
Cows still trying to vote it AA? :lol: The game flopped, end of story. The DC is pathetic, I wonder how many alt accounts were created recently.
punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2005 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="Chutebox"] That's still too long for 226MB lol.Hahadouken

Truth. Live updates incredibly fast. If that's a result of it being a paid service, then that's definitely going in the Win column.

Truth, Live updates are no bigger than 5mb.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2006 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="dont-read-this"]Cows still trying to vote it AA? :lol: The game flopped, end of story. The DC is pathetic, I wonder how many alt accounts were created recently.

Probably not quite as many as were created by lems voting AAA.
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2007 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

See I disagree about the graphics. The facial and character models are definitely some of the best, but the environment textures can be really nasty, and some things look really boxy. I guess its just nitpicky of me I dunno.

I will say though the music is some of the best. I really love the music in the game. Fits the mood perfectly.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2008 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

punkrocker163

Truth, Live updates are no bigger than 5mb.

I also downloaded the DLC for Mass 1 and Mass 2 that came with my copies, and it was significantly faster than the same size of file on PSN. I was skeptical too, but it's definitely faster. /shrug

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2009 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

[QUOTE="dont-read-this"]Cows still trying to vote it AA? :lol: The game flopped, end of story. The DC is pathetic, I wonder how many alt accounts were created recently.Hahadouken

HR is just a flop..........end of story.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2010 h575309
Cows still trying to vote it AA? :lol: The game flopped, end of story. The DC is pathetic, I wonder how many alt accounts were created recently.dont-read-this
Is this really necessary? Is 89 not a good metacritic score as well?
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2011 Panosola
[QUOTE="dont-read-this"]Cows still trying to vote it AA? :lol: The game flopped, end of story. The DC is pathetic, I wonder how many alt accounts were created recently.h575309

It is 87% on metactritic.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2012 Hahadouken

See I disagree about the graphics. The facial and character models are definitely some of the best, but the environment textures can be really nasty, and some things look really boxy. I guess its just nitpicky of me I dunno.

I will say though the music is some of the best. I really love the music in the game. Fits the mood perfectly.

h575309
Yeah the score is fantastic. Instantly recognizable, it would be memorable in any Hollywood movie. I agree about the graphics being uneven though. Some aspects are incredible, like I said the faces in the load screens are just amazing, but I definitely see a lot of rough spots that other top-notch games don't have. I saw a random NPC in the cop station walk right through Blake while I was talking to him, for example.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2013 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="dont-read-this"]Cows still trying to vote it AA? :lol: The game flopped, end of story. The DC is pathetic, I wonder how many alt accounts were created recently.Panosola

HR is just a flop..........end of story.

A flop you can't play anyway, tough break for you.
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2014 Panosola
[QUOTE="h575309"]

Hahadouken
Yeah the score is fantastic. Instantly recognizable, it would be memorable in any Hollywood movie. I agree about the graphics being uneven though. Some aspects are incredible, like I said the faces in the load screens are just amazing, but I definitely see a lot of rough spots that other top-notch games don't have. I saw a random NPC in the cop station walk right through Blake while I was talking to him, for example.

The faces in the load screens are just HD video.
reiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2015 reiv
Member since 2008 • 1038 Posts
[QUOTE="Panosola"][QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="dont-read-this"]Cows still trying to vote it AA? :lol: The game flopped, end of story. The DC is pathetic, I wonder how many alt accounts were created recently.

HR is just a flop..........and of story.

Good god, we all get it. You don't like the game. You didn't like the game six months ago and you have reminded us twenty times a day ever since. What is wrong with you?
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2017 h575309
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="h575309"]

I saw the exact same thing during a Norman cutscene and was like Whaaa? Its so damn annoying in a game thats normally so well done. Like Ive said before, its a victim of its own ambition. I think maybe 6 months more polish this game couldve been in elite territory.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2018 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

stuff

zarshack

Glitchspot won't let me spoilertag this. No spoilers really, but it might cause detective work to start happening in your head.

Well that idea certainly didn't get across to me as the scene is presented the same way as any other. I.e. you control the character. I don't see how you can be observing from the girl's perspective when you're actively participating in the scene through the perspective of the guy. Does not compute.

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

This game is freaking stunning! Also, I'm ready to say that the graphics blow me the **** away and I prefer them to anything else on consoles right now.

It's really an evolution of what Indigo Prophecy did and god, it is awesome.

Hahadouken

While I still think Uncharted 2 is the best game on consoles, visually, because of the polish and the entire package, I definitely see how you could say this.

At the beginning of the game (no spoilers guys, don't worry), in the park, it looks photorealistic at times. Some of the animations are incredibly well-done. If I have any complaints, it's that the animation isn't always at that calibre, and at times I see the same NPC over and over, especially at the cop station. I love it though, the facial models in the load screens are clearly the best I have ever seen. The first Madison scene definitely has it's eye-popping moments, too. ;)

The graphics can be quite fantastic. I absolutely love the way light falls over the characters. Sometimes I just walked back and forth a bit because it looked so great.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2019 h575309
[QUOTE="h575309"][QUOTE="dont-read-this"]Cows still trying to vote it AA? :lol: The game flopped, end of story. The DC is pathetic, I wonder how many alt accounts were created recently.Panosola

Umm how does that change the point I just made?
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2020 Hahadouken
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="h575309"] Is this really necessary? Is 89 not a good metacritic score as well?Panosola

Umm how does that change the point I just made?

Man is that guy ever bitter! You'd think a PS3 fell on his head and paralyzed him from the waist down or something. Why do people expend so much effort on games they will never play, especially on platforms they don't own?
3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2021 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

The score is back up to 88 on Metracritic and 91 on GR. Too bad for those two horrible UK reviews on MC bringing down the score or otherwise I'm sure it would be 90 on MC also.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2022 h575309

Id like the haters to listen to this theme from HR and tell me its not one of the most epic they've ever heard from a videogame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR4EORjFipI&feature=related

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2023 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="h575309"]

Panosola

The faces in the load screens are just HD video.

You are embarrassing yourself now. Why do you hate HR so much?
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2024 Hahadouken

Id like the haters to listen to this theme from HR and tell me its not one of the most epic they've ever heard from a videogame

h575309
I'll just warn you guys right now, be careful going to external sites like Youtube for Heavy Rain-related things, people are posting spoilers EVERYWHERE. Youtube is much less effective at curbing that stuff than GS. Exercise caution.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2025 zarshack

h575309

I wish that music was actually in the game.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2026 h575309
[QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="h575309"]

well I havent finished the game... Its not even in the end?
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2027 zarshack

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="h575309"]

h575309

well I havent finished the game... Its not even in the end?

nope :( The music in the game is still great though.