Heavy Rain - STICKEH EDITION! (89@Metacritic) (Gamespot Review in 8.5)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lable1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 394

User Lists: 0

#201 Lable1985
Member since 2008 • 1046 Posts

I wish the limited edition was coming out in the states.

sammyjenkis898

Nothing stopping anyone from getting import copies though.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="MizFitAwesome"]

Look at all of the cows in this thread screaming conspiracy and still trying to say AA hype. If it doesn't get a 9 its a flop by the rules you continue to use against 360 and Wii games, deal wiith it...

Swift_Boss_A

You got your wish, it is AAA hype, now do your lemm dance for us...

He's been doing the dance since he first entered SW. The word "Cow" is in the majority of the posts he makes.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I wasn't to happy about this from Ign

8.0 Lasting Appeal
One playthrough won't take you all that long (eight hours maybe), but you have lots of reasons to go back and try new stuff. Experimentation is rewarded well.

8 Hours , 60 dallars? :?

Ultra_Combo

How did you get by last gen when there was hardly any MP? Most games were just a campaign and that's it and they charged $50. Now if a game doesn't have unlimited replay value people act as if $60 is some outrageous price to pay

KristoffBrujah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 KristoffBrujah
Member since 2005 • 1860 Posts

Wow! 9.0 from IGN. Sweet! I am so glad I'm buying this on day 1. Sooooo many good games.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#205 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

8.0 Lasting Appeal
One playthrough won't take you all that long (eight hours maybe), but you have lots of reasons to go back and try new stuff. Experimentation is rewarded well.

Ultra_Combo

Surely if you enjoy a game you'd play through it more than once.

He even says there's lots of reasons to do so in Heavy Rain.

Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts

8.0 Lasting Appeal

Ultra_Combo

There's many possibilities for games and many endings, so it's more than 8 hours.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#207 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

I voted AAAE. I just realized that I got the email to participate in the minigame, so I got my redeem code, make a UK account and it wouldn't accept my code! So I tried my code on my US account and it worked! I would have voted AAE before having played the demo, but I was pretty impressed! The combat was extremely fun and I liked investigating. Also the controls were very fluid and made me feel as if I was in full control. The graphics were beautiful and I know it was a demo, but the story was already awesome! AAAE IMO

jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 jon_cia
Member since 2004 • 680 Posts

For only 8 Hours QTE moviegame i think it will get AA.Maybe i will rent this someday but it is not a buy for me,no replay value.It is more a QTE movie...it is not a game.

Computer and Video Games 8/10

Game Revolution 7,5/10

Destructoid 7/10

Games Radar 7/10

Gamekult 6/10

Panosola

whats the point of renting it if you dont own a ps3?

3rdbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 3rdbass
Member since 2009 • 3301 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_video_games_display_on_website_more?pf_rd_p=475985451&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0WAEMDEM34828KE8SPDG

Heavy Rain is now the best selling game on Amazon. Whoah and still 2 weeks to go. I wonder if it will sell over 200K it's first week? This so called niched game is sure creating a stir.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#210 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

LOoks like Quantic Dreams managed to create first truly good interactive movie.

As a bonus I'm just glad most people finally stopped calling it an adventure game

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#211 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

AAA....this game will be awesome. Probably 9.0 on gamespot

Avatar image for MetalGearSolidZ
MetalGearSolidZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 MetalGearSolidZ
Member since 2009 • 497 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_video_games_display_on_website_more?pf_rd_p=475985451&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=468642&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0WAEMDEM34828KE8SPDG

Heavy Rain is now the best selling game on Amazon. Whoah and still 2 weeks to go. I wonder if it will sell over 200K it's first week? This so called niched game is sure creating a stir.

3rdbass
Wow, it's even beating FF13
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

i think Heavy Rain will get a score between 8.5 - 9.0 here at Gamespot...

cant wait to get this game...

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

89 on metacritic. not AAA anymore.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#216 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts

aia89
Oh noes I can't enjoy the game anymore :roll: Thanks for yer input!
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 aia89

[QUOTE="aia89"]

Sollet

awww, what's eating you?

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts

[QUOTE="Sollet"][QUOTE="aia89"]

aia89

awww, what's eating you?

Although i think metacritic scores should be the best references, people will argue that only gamespot scores count.... so prepare your flame shield!

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#219 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

aia89

91.58% on GameRankings. AAAE again?

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 aia89

[QUOTE="aia89"]

KiZZo1

91.58% on GameRankings. AAAE again?

gamerankings is lame.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#221 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

Im getting this i was VERY immpressed with the Demo. Cant Wait.

This sounds silly but hey i dunno! What dose AAAA stand for a 10? AAA a 9? AA 8 - 7 Im not sure can anyone tell me please i will search for an answer as well.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 aia89

This sounds silly but hey i dunno! What dose AAAA stand for a 10? AAA a 9? AA 8 - 7 Im not sure can anyone tell me please i will search for an answer as well.

jwsoul
AAAA = 10 AAA = 9 AA = 8 A = 7 you can happen to see the "E" sometimes, like Metal Gear Solid IV is an AAAAE game, where the E stands for exclusive.
jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts
[QUOTE="jwsoul"]

aia89
AAAA = 10 AAA = 9 AA = 8 A = 7 you can happen to see the "E" sometimes, like Metal Gear Solid IV is an AAAAE game, where the E stands for exclusive.

Great thanx very much. Im gonna go AAA :)
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="aia89"][QUOTE="jwsoul"]

jwsoul

Great thanx very much. Im gonna go AAA :)

Im glad that a lot of people are genuinely confident that GS will give HR AAA, I just feel the game is not for everyone based on the controls though the story from what I have heard definitely warrants a AAA score.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Did people start gaming this gen? It seems to me that a lot of people bash anything that doesn't have multiplayer as if it's impossible to be a single player game AND be replayable. This new generation of FPS multiplayer junkies are exactly the type of people that are killing the great story driven games like Max Payne, and Metal Gear Solid. Even a heavily story and atmosphere driven game Bioshock succumbed to the multi-player addicts. I even heard some people claiming that Dante's Inferno was better than God of War because it was having multiplayer added in a patch, as if Multiplayer automatically makes a game great :| I'm glad there are some devs out there who still recognize video games as a medium for artistic expression, rather than just a quick way to make some cash. I understand that the ultimate goal of every company is to make a buck, but some developers also have creative expression on their list of things to do while others are just content making a quick buck.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Swift_Boss_A

Did people start gaming this gen? It seems to me that a lot of people bash anything that doesn't have multiplayer as if it's impossible to be a single player game AND be replayable. This new generation of FPS multiplayer junkies are exactly the type of people that are killing the great story driven games like Max Payne, and Metal Gear Solid. Even a heavily story and atmosphere driven game Bioshock succumbed to the multi-player addicts. I even heard some people claiming that Dante's Inferno was better than God of War because it was having multiplayer added in a patch, as if Multiplayer automatically makes a game great :| I'm glad there are some devs out there who still recognize video games as a medium for artistic expression, rather than just a quick way to make some cash. I understand that the ultimate goal of every company is to make a buck, but some developers also have creative expression on their list of things to do while others are just content making a quick buck. II_Seraphim_II

*stands up and claps*

Very true, Devs should always make campaign the priority and MP secondary, it should never be tacked on. Personally I don't care if devs add MP to games that don't feel like they need it like U2 even though I have to admit it was done well and I didn't feel one bit that it took out from the campaign experience. I guess what Im trying to say is if devs have it in them they can add MP to any game as long the story mode is the priority, and that's what I felt with Uncharted 2.

Now take Heavy Rain for example, I don't give a damn if a QTE based MP was added, think it would be pretty cool but Im glad the devs made a wise decision not to do such a thing because it would no doubt have affected the campaign and probably wouldn't have been as good as it is now. Bottom line, MP is not a priority and should never be in the world of console gaming.

Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
Did people start gaming this gen? It seems to me that a lot of people bash anything that doesn't have multiplayer as if it's impossible to be a single player game AND be replayable. This new generation of FPS multiplayer junkies are exactly the type of people that are killing the great story driven games like Max Payne, and Metal Gear Solid. Even a heavily story and atmosphere driven game Bioshock succumbed to the multi-player addicts. I even heard some people claiming that Dante's Inferno was better than God of War because it was having multiplayer added in a patch, as if Multiplayer automatically makes a game great :| I'm glad there are some devs out there who still recognize video games as a medium for artistic expression, rather than just a quick way to make some cash. I understand that the ultimate goal of every company is to make a buck, but some developers also have creative expression on their list of things to do while others are just content making a quick buck. II_Seraphim_II
I agree. Is mostly the new generations who think there was no gaming before Halo. They are the same who think there was no fantasy storytelling before Harry Potter.
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

um ok, some of the biggest games this year already didn't have MP like Bayonetta, Darksiders, and Mass Effect 2 and i don't know anybody whos buying Bioshock 2 for the MP and Dante's Inferno is getting lots of attention and so will FF13 and GOW3 and so-on

the kiddies may keep asking for MP in everything but i'm pretty sure their opinion doesn't matter at this point, SP games are doing well

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#229 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts
Very well put. The day gaming abandons Single Player gaming and solely focuses on the multiplayer experience is the day I give up gaming. I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I could mostly give a rat's behind about multiplayer. The Single Player is what makes games stand out among the crowd and where my most fond memories lay. Do I remember what happened that one time in a Team Deathmatch in COD4? No. Do I remember the sight of crawling through city streets after a nuclear explosion? Hell Yes. Long Live Single Player
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#230 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
The game looks good, has a chance of AAA here.
punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
I love you. lol. I cant stand people that complain about its single player, no replay value, blah blah. Its nice theres other people around that were gamers back in the day.
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 aia89
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]Did people start gaming this gen? It seems to me that a lot of people bash anything that doesn't have multiplayer as if it's impossible to be a single player game AND be replayable. This new generation of FPS multiplayer junkies are exactly the type of people that are killing the great story driven games like Max Payne, and Metal Gear Solid. Even a heavily story and atmosphere driven game Bioshock succumbed to the multi-player addicts. I even heard some people claiming that Dante's Inferno was better than God of War because it was having multiplayer added in a patch, as if Multiplayer automatically makes a game great :| I'm glad there are some devs out there who still recognize video games as a medium for artistic expression, rather than just a quick way to make some cash. I understand that the ultimate goal of every company is to make a buck, but some developers also have creative expression on their list of things to do while others are just content making a quick buck. punkrocker163
I love you. lol. I cant stand people that complain about its single player, no replay value, blah blah. Its nice theres other people around that were gamers back in the day.

your name sounds italian. Sp games are the best
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#233 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts
I dont know about the rest of System Wars but Im going to give Heavy Rain a try, it seems to me like an awesome concept and very well executed, I love games wth cinematic storytelling, some people bashed MGS4 because it had many cutscenes, I loved the cutscens. Different tastes i guess, Im indifferent to QTE, unlike yahtzee he is going to tear Heavy Rain apart for that.
thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

I bet my house that this will be the saddest game of the year.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#235 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17465 Posts
*starts slow clap* Awesome job man. I find what you said to be completely true.
punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
[QUOTE="punkrocker163"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]Did people start gaming this gen? It seems to me that a lot of people bash anything that doesn't have multiplayer as if it's impossible to be a single player game AND be replayable. This new generation of FPS multiplayer junkies are exactly the type of people that are killing the great story driven games like Max Payne, and Metal Gear Solid. Even a heavily story and atmosphere driven game Bioshock succumbed to the multi-player addicts. I even heard some people claiming that Dante's Inferno was better than God of War because it was having multiplayer added in a patch, as if Multiplayer automatically makes a game great :| I'm glad there are some devs out there who still recognize video games as a medium for artistic expression, rather than just a quick way to make some cash. I understand that the ultimate goal of every company is to make a buck, but some developers also have creative expression on their list of things to do while others are just content making a quick buck. aia89

your name sounds italian. Sp games are the best

Im pretty sure its Italian but im a Peruvian born in Florida(and looks Caucasian. lol) I cant wait for this game, 12 more days and ill be playing this masterpiece.
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Game Informer just gave it a 9.5!!!!!!!!! So pumped!

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#238 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

I bet my house that this will be the saddest game of the year.

thespywholied
Sad in what way? You mean the story, a plot twist or something?
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

It doesnt affect me but I have trouble believing most people see the game getting that score on gs. I get the feeling its a bunch of Bs'ers hyping the game up and something just feels wrong. Its a conspiracy I tell ya. Im scared for the day to come. Its going to be raining threads.

No pun intended.

MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 MizFitAwesome
Member since 2009 • 2745 Posts

It doesnt affect me but I have trouble believing most people see the game getting that score on gs. I get the feeling its a bunch of Bs'ers hyping the game up and something just feels wrong. Its a conspiracy I tell ya. Im scared for the day to come. Its going to be raining threads.

No pun intended.

mccoyca112

Yes because if/when the game flops here. You can just use that universal excuse like everyone else trying to rewrite the rules. It happens EVERYTIME a Playstation game flops BTW...

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#241 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49604 Posts

No pun intended.

mccoyca112
Or they're just looking at the recent reviews and noticing the trend that the vast majority of the reviews are AAA. Just saying.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 mccoyca112

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

No pun intended.

MizFitAwesome

Yes because if/when the game flops here. You can just use that universal excuse like everyone else trying to rewrite the rules. It happens EVERYTIME a Playstation game flops BTW...

I know right? Conspiracy I tell ya. I blame obama.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

No pun intended.

MizFitAwesome

Everytime:| You haven't exactly been here for a long time, you are aware in the past 2 years the only PS3 exclusive that has flopped on GS is White Knight, which I admit ownage for since I hyped it an 8. Since 2008 every hyped PS3 exclusive disc based game has either met or exceeded the hype. I have no idea where you're getting the idea that PS3 gamers rewrite the rules, fanboys rewrite the rules and they are not exclusive to one system.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 mccoyca112

[QUOTE="MizFitAwesome"]

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

No pun intended.

Swift_Boss_A

Everytime:| You haven't exactly been here for a long time, you are aware in the past 2 years the only PS3 exclusive that has flopped on GS is White Knight, which I admit ownage for since I hyped it an 8. Since 2008 every hyped PS3 exclusive disc based game has either met or exceeded the hype. I have no idea where you're getting the idea that PS3 gamers rewrite the rules, fanboys rewrite the rules and they are not exclusive to one system.

lol

Hey it doesnt matter, really. Let him get offened. Sorry if I couldnt have possibly sounded like more of a fanboy in post(oops?). Just saying, people do that kind of thing. I never even got the chance to tell him my personal hype is at AAA after seeing more footage, let alone scores. Meh...

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I don't get why people are so afraid of the "floppage". It doesn't hurt. It won't kill you. You and the game will be fine if/when it happens.

Everything will be okie dokie.

Simmer down.

Modern_Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Modern_Unit
Member since 2010 • 1511 Posts

Lol, i bet at least half of the AAA votes are just people waiting for GS to give it AA review so they can claim ownage

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Lol, i bet at least half of the AAA votes are just people waiting for GS to give it AA review so they can claim ownage

Modern_Unit

Not a valid excuse. Every PS3 game would get AAA hype if it were, and we know that doesn't happen.

There's no need for excuses here, my friend.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Demo is great, still love playing through (demo isnt just QTEs btw theres one). Really cannot wait for the full game to release. Doubt you'll see me post here for a while. I'll be knee deep in Heavy Rain.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I think Gamespot will give a 9.0. If this were 2007, I would say 8.5 or something. It wasnt a surprise to see Gamespot be the low end of the curve back then during the 360 hype. Now they seem to like PS3 a lot more, so I dont expect them to be off from what basically everyone else is saying.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I'm downloading the demo now (off the EU account). Can't wait to try it out.