Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth - 8/10 GS, 93 MC!!!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45120 Posts

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is the second in a planned trilogy of games remaking the 1997 PlayStation game Final Fantasy VII. It begins after the events of Final Fantasy VII Remake (2020), following the party's escape from the metropolis of Midgar.[1][2]

Players primarily control Cloud Strife, a former Shinra soldier who joins the eco-terrorist group AVALANCHE to fight Shinra, who has been draining the planet's life energy, and is drawn into a conflict with the legendary SOLDIER Sephiroth, who was presumed dead.[3][4] Like Remake, Rebirth reimagines elements of the original game while expanding upon character development and the overall narrative structure.[5][6]

The game features real-time exploration and combat, with the overworld expanding into a more open-ended environment compared to the linear progression ofRemake'sMidgar. Objective markers appear in the heads-up display, highlighting main story quests and sidequests to complete along with their respective distances from the party in the overworld. In addition to walking on foot, the party can ride onChocobosas a faster means of traversal by equipping the specialized Chocobo Lure Materia.Rebirthexpands on the hybrid of action-focused melee combat and theActive-Time Battle(ATB) system introduced inFinal Fantasy VII Remake, in which the player takes control of a party composed of characters that can be freely switched between during gameplay. During combat, characters use both physical attacks and magic, and can consume items for offensive, defensive and resuscitative purposes from a dedicated menu while gameplay is suspended around them. The "Synergized" mechanic, first introduced in thedownloadable content(DLC) "Episode INTERmission" campaign forFinal Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade(2021), is featured inRebirth's battle system, enabling party members to sync up attacks at the expense of ATB bars filling up slower.[7]

Time to get pumped for Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth! What is your hype for this game, SW? I think it will be at least a 9. Seems like an overall big improvement to the previous games. Would be amazing if it gets a 95MC, but that's the fanboy in me speaking haha. How about you, SW?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

I've paid such little attention to FF7 I have no idea even what's going on with these games... It's a remake but it's being spread out over multiple releases? So like, more storytelling? Cut scenes? New areas? This remake is one I'll wait for bargain pricing before jumping into. Happy for folks who have been waiting though. Nothing better than launch day of your most hyped game. Hoping the Devs finished it

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46299 Posts

Sounds like a AAA game. Real gamers know to only play AAAA games like Skull & Bones though.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEroica  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:

Sounds like a AAA game. Real gamers know to only play AAAA games like Skull & Bones though.

Quad A or gtfo....

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Not on Xbox, a CowSpot 9/10 is in the bag. :P

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic

@TheEroica said:

I've paid such little attention to FF7 I have no idea even what's going on with these games... It's a remake but it's being spread out over multiple releases? So like, more storytelling? Cut scenes? New areas? This remake is one I'll wait for bargain pricing before jumping into. Happy for folks who have been waiting though. Nothing better than launch day of your most hyped game. Hoping the Devs finished it

Imagine BioWare/EA decided to remake Mass Effect. But instead of doing a 1 to 1 remake, they expand the universe, add more content, more story lines/twists, and keep the fans guessing as to what will happen next. And instead of one game, it’s a trilogy.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheEroica  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic said:
@TheEroica said:

Imagine BioWare/EA decided to remake Mass Effect. But instead of doing a 1 to 1 remake, they expand the universe, add more content, more story lines/twists, and keep the fans guessing as to what will happen next. And instead of one game, it’s a trilogy.

I admit I could be into that. Lol...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I liked the demo! Collectors edition...must resisit..lol

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1055 Posts

I'm interested in the reaction but I won't be playing it until I get through the first.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Heil68 said:

I think it's sold out now lol.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Very hyped for this game. My prediction is:

GS - 10/10

MC - 93

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Heil68 said:

I see the eBay scalpers got it now...**** that..lmao

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

Less cutscenes, less cringe and more engaging world and combat. That would be great.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

If the first game could score a 10 here ( lol!)

I imagine this will easily get a ten aswell as it fixes most of my issues with the first one, or so it seems anyway!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic

@Heil68 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Heil68 said:

I’ll share pics of mine when it gets in!!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Heil68

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Heil68 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Heil68 said:

how far ahead did you have to place your order? I haven't ordered one in a min.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Anything below a 9, is a flop.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

GS 10

MC 92

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Heil68 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Heil68 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Heil68 said:

how far ahead did you have to place your order? I haven't ordered one in a min.

I ordered it right after they announced it. I was driving 😬😄

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1251 Posts

Overrated,Third party remake that Sony paid to keep of other platforms.

It'll Get a 10!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro

@saint-george: Platform <- singular. Since it is most likely coming to PC.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

From the good I read about this video game I will guess a score of 92 overall.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

9/10 here on GS

10/10 for the butthurt lems here in SW

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

10/10 GS - superior to FF7 Remake in every way.

93 MC

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SolidGame_basic

@saint-george said:

Overrated,Third party remake that Sony paid to keep of other platforms.

It'll Get a 10!

By overrated, do you mean this game is really a 15/10?

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Saint-George

@SolidGame_basic:

No it's because I think FF games are shit. 👍

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heil68

More games, more sales, more happy gamers..The SONY way, awwww yeahhh

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Saint-George

@Pedro:

Paying millions to keep it off Xbox when they could be using that money to finance first party

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

After playing that pathetic demo I'm at around a 2 out of 10... I'm sure people will say its great, and grade A entertainment, but no. The graphics look nice and the materia system works well, but the hand holding, slow pace, extremely cringe and forced conversations, everything painted bright colors as "go here" markers, op magic, way too much healing, boring dialog, and unclear locations to pick up quests... it wasn't it for me. I'm sure it will score in the 9s or even a 10 though since it has the FF name and has been so highly anticipated.

I was considering a purchase, but much like with The Inquisitor I'm happy I got to play a demo since that made the decision very easy to pass on the game. To all those that loved it, I'm glad you had fun, but the nostalgic value couldn't save this game for me. Maybe I just need to get further into the game, and perhaps one day I will, but it won't be any time soon and I won't be paying full price.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@WitIsWisdom said:

After playing that pathetic demo I'm at around a 2 out of 10... I'm sure people will say its great, and grade A entertainment, but no. The graphics look nice and the materia system works well, but the hand holding, slow pace, extremely cringe and forced conversations, everything painted bright colors as "go here" markers, op magic, way too much healing, boring dialog, and unclear locations to pick up quests... it wasn't it for me. I'm sure it will score in the 9s or even a 10 though since it has the FF name and has been so highly anticipated.

I was considering a purchase, but much like with The Inquisitor I'm happy I got to play a demo since that made the decision very easy to pass on the game. To all those that loved it, I'm glad you had fun, but the nostalgic value couldn't save this game for me. Maybe I just need to get further into the game, and perhaps one day I will, but it won't be any time soon and I won't be paying full price.

Lol it’s a demo dude

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

It'll probably hit a 10 on GS like the remake, as it seems to expand in much more meaningful ways.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@SolidGame_basic: What's your point? It's a vertical slice of the game.. it's not like the gameplay, narrative, movement, or systems in place are going to change. It just feels like an auto lock on button smasher with enough hand holding elements that it's almost impossible to even try to think outside the box, like it punishes you for going the way you want to go... why in the hell even allow someone to go off the path if 14 indicators including moving slower than a snail and a blinking arrow aren't enough for someone to realize there's no point then you can explore it for yourself and take 20 times longer than it should have taken just to realize there wasn't anything there in the first place. It's just the illusion of freedom... why not just block it off instead or just allow full speed traversal?

I get that perhaps they did all that on purpose to cater the experience to an audience looking for the overall idea and perhaps it opens up later.. which I would certainly hope it does, but the demo was severely lacking and isn't going to persuade people on the fence.. which is the entire point, and why it sends up red flags.

To each their own, but demos exist for a reason, and to me this was a very bad look. The puzzles are pre elementary, going off path forces you to walk so slow its an insult to your intelligence, healing items are so plentiful you could allow enemies to hit you for an hour straight and never be in danger of dying, everything off the beaten path leads to nothing, all hidden items are obvious as all hell, bright yellow paint to keep you going the right direction as if all the other things weren't obvious enough, etc.

FF games are known for exploration, making mistakes, and not being on rails. Perhaps others like where the franchise has gone, but I seriously can not understand why. Like I said, if you're excited about it I'm not telling you that you shouldn't, I'm just giving my personal impressions, and they aren't good. Watering things down to the point this game have is insulting and does no justice to the source material. Once again, grain of salt, opinions, and assholes.. all that.

If you have some counter points to the things I stated then I'm open for discussing. Perhaps I missed something and the gameplay is deeper than I realize? Right now it seems the game has the width of an ocean and the depth of a puddle. I'm not here to fight, I just want someone to point out the things I missed. That said, I also realize it's a huge game, so perhaps they don't want to show too much, and you're right about it just being a demo... I certainly hope that's it.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

It is highly amusing seeing people (lems) try to hate on this game. Like, give it a rest, lol. There's no way this is going to be a dud.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 275 Posts

Not that high until I'm done with Unicorn Overlord first.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9399 Posts

Hype level: I will 100% avoid the internet starting Thursday.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts

Not interested/10

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

@WitIsWisdom said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@SolidGame_basic: What's your point? It's a vertical slice of the game.. it's not like the gameplay, narrative, movement, or systems in place are going to change. It just feels like an auto lock on button smasher with enough hand holding elements that it's almost impossible to even try to think outside the box, like it punishes you for going the way you want to go... why in the hell even allow someone to go off the path if 14 indicators including moving slower than a snail and a blinking arrow aren't enough for someone to realize there's no point then you can explore it for yourself and take 20 times longer than it should have taken just to realize there wasn't anything there in the first place. It's just the illusion of freedom... why not just block it off instead or just allow full speed traversal?

I get that perhaps they did all that on purpose to cater the experience to an audience looking for the overall idea and perhaps it opens up later.. which I would certainly hope it does, but the demo was severely lacking and isn't going to persuade people on the fence.. which is the entire point, and why it sends up red flags.

To each their own, but demos exist for a reason, and to me this was a very bad look. The puzzles are pre elementary, going off path forces you to walk so slow its an insult to your intelligence, healing items are so plentiful you could allow enemies to hit you for an hour straight and never be in danger of dying, everything off the beaten path leads to nothing, all hidden items are obvious as all hell, bright yellow paint to keep you going the right direction as if all the other things weren't obvious enough, etc.

FF games are known for exploration, making mistakes, and not being on rails. Perhaps others like where the franchise has gone, but I seriously can not understand why. Like I said, if you're excited about it I'm not telling you that you shouldn't, I'm just giving my personal impressions, and they aren't good. Watering things down to the point this game have is insulting and does no justice to the source material. Once again, grain of salt, opinions, and assholes.. all that.

If you have some counter points to the things I stated then I'm open for discussing. Perhaps I missed something and the gameplay is deeper than I realize? Right now it seems the game has the width of an ocean and the depth of a puddle. I'm not here to fight, I just want someone to point out the things I missed. That said, I also realize it's a huge game, so perhaps they don't want to show too much, and you're right about it just being a demo... I certainly hope that's it.

I am playing FFVII Remake and this game is locked on tracks. Folks that complained about FFXIII being linear but FFVII feels worse. It feels like FFVII Remake said "**** the player, we want to tell a story not have them play a game". The storytelling is most cringe I have experience for a JRPG. The amount of perpetual fawning over cloud in the first 12 hours makes the game feel like a dating sim with Cloud being the hottest thing on the block but when he thinks of girls his reaction is akin to 🤢. I was hoping that the game would open up in which you can freely play but I am 21 hours in and nothing has changed. I am still on tracks. Don't get me started with the force slow walk sections and the squeeze between tight spaces while traversing.

The game is just like what was shown in the demo and I don't expect FFVII Rebirth to be any different. After playing FFVII Remake, I cannot take anyone who praise that game seriously when it comes to storytelling, pacing and gameplay. Like you said, folks are obviously free to love this game.😊 With that said, folks who pimp this game should not be complaining about other games being a walking sim/movie game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34615 Posts

My hype level: lolnothanks

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Saint-George

@SolidGame_basic said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Lol it’s a demo dude

"Lol it’s a demo dude"

translated

Leave...final...fantasy...alone
Leave...final...fantasy...alone

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidGame_basic

@WitIsWisdom said:

I can imagine your demo reviews of fighting games. “Only lets me play as one character. Why would the game limit my possibilities? Why is this character so slow? Why can’t I play in 4D? What is the game trying to hide?” 🤣

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Man, I sure hope Uncle Phil can get the cows some New games soon. This is just sad. ;(

lolol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

"A demo is not a reflection of the game", that is some serious damage control over someone's opinion 😂

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 670 Posts

I think it will get a 9.

This second game in the series is going to be interesting. The Midgar game was like the Midgar section of the original - on rails with little exploration. The game really opened up for you when they left Midgar. I have stayed away from the demo as I have already pre-ordered the game.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

GotY/10

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@SolidGame_basic: There is a huge difference between a supposedly open world RPG demo and a fighting game where you can only select a few characters... if that fighting game where I could only use three characters didn't allow me to jump, block, or change any settings I would have equal concerns. My concerns for FF has nothing to do with the amount of content showcased... it is rather about how that content was highly scripted/on rails, uninspired, plays you for a fool, and is way too easy (although I would imagine the game gets harder... since it can't possibly get any easier)... there is a difference, and comparing the two doesn't resonate, especially in scope or genre.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SolidGame_basic

@WitIsWisdom: welp, I guess they have one more shot to win you over lol

omegaMaster

Forum Posts