Engadget: Wii U Is the Only True Game Console

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

I forgot all about the Wii U,

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

@charizard1605: So are you saying that a $400 PS4 is not worth it? :P

Wii U isn't a bad console, but seriously it's a lot weaker than next gen consoles for only $100 less.

I'm saying the Wii U is as much a next gen console as the other two.

And yes, PS4 at least is definitely a better value proposition in the long run. Not in the current moment of time, though, no.

It's a next gen console, yeah, but the capabilities of the Wii U are far behind that of PS4.

And Wii U is a better value at the moment, but seeing as how the games are starting to roll in fairly quickly, that's not a great argument.

It's going to have some great Nintendo titles out for it, but you won't see any of the major titles like The Witcher 3 make an appearance on the platform.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#53 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Wii U isn't a bad console, but seriously it's a lot weaker than next gen consoles for only $100 less.

And yes, PS4 at least is definitely a better value proposition in the long run. Not in the current moment of time, though, no.

Only one problem with this argument, console value depreciates over time. Why pay more now with barely any games when you can pay less for more games next year?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@XVision84 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

It's a next gen console, yeah, but the capabilities of the Wii U are far behind that of PS4.

And Wii U is a better value at the moment, but seeing as how the games are starting to roll in fairly quickly, that's not a great argument.

It's going to have some great Nintendo titles out for it, but you won't see any of the major titles like The Witcher 3 make an appearance on the platform.

True, like I said, the PS4 is a better value proposition in the long run. Unfortunately, I am talking about which console I would pick up now.Why would I spend $400 on a PS4 with a lack of compelling games at the moment, possible future droughts, and launch issues, when I can spend $300 on a system that has been through that, has a compelling library, has its issues sorted, and has some good future games secured? Just wait a year, and get the PS4 then, it'll have more games too, and who knows, maybe even a price cut or a bundle.

If the X360/PS3/Wii/3DS/PS Vita/Wii U all teach us one thing, it is to never get a console at launch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@hiphops_savior said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Only one problem with this argument, console value depreciates over time. Why pay more now with barely any games when you can pay less for more games next year?

Lol, I agree, it is literally the same thing I just said in my post to XV up there :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@hiphops_savior said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

That's true, but in a matter of months the amount of first party titles and third party multiplats that release on the console will far outweigh the $100 price tag of the Wii U. If the value of the PS4 will decrease in a year or 2, then the Wii U will be much worse. Wii U doesn't even have any big AAA must-have hits out for it yet. It's hardly a head start. PS4 has a potential one coming in february, and already has a slew of multiplats out for it.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

. I'm not an idiot.

Could have fooled me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

True, like I said, the PS4 is a better value proposition in the long run. Unfortunately, I am talking about which console I would pick up now.Why would I spend $400 on a PS4 with a lack of compelling games at the moment, possible future droughts, and launch issues, when I can spend $300 on a system that has been through that, has a compelling library, has its issues sorted, and has some good future games secured? Just wait a year, and get the PS4 then, it'll have more games too, and who knows, maybe even a price cut or a bundle.

If the X360/PS3/Wii/3DS/PS Vita/Wii U all teach us one thing, it is to never get a console at launch.

That's fair enough, but I doubt that'll hold true for the PS4. There aren't many problems with the launch and games are fairly easy to port over this time around. No more PS3 architecture getting in the way. Lots of promising stuff for this gen, but I do see what you're saying. I just think the multiplats our for the PS4 more than make up for what's out for the Wii U.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#59 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@XVision84: I am not going to argue games here, we all have our tastes, and it's pointless to impose your tastes on others. For many, however, Super Mario 3D World is just that title. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is coming in February, Smash Bros Wii U and Mario Kart 8 is coming. Keep in mind Nintendo is notorious for not revealing info on games until they are well into development.

If you don't like those games, don't buy it. I could care less about inFamous, FF15 is awhile away, and I lost all interest in Uncharted. Doesn't sound that different from you on Nintendo IPs, isn't it?

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

That guy should be smacked.

90-95% of games are multiplatform games so saying a console that has only 50% of multiplatform games is a true console then you just may be a true dumb ass.

If you can only afford to buy one console and you only have a laptop or a low end PC you will not be buying a Wii U. Oh and the sales are in and the PS4 and X1 have both sold 1 million consoles in 1 day and the Wii U is struggling to break 4 million in a year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@hiphops_savior said:

@XVision84: I am not going to argue games here, we all have our tastes, and it's pointless to impose your tastes on others. For many, however, Super Mario 3D World is just that title. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is coming in February, Smash Bros Wii U and Mario Kart 8 is coming. Keep in mind Nintendo is notorious for not revealing info on games until they are well into development.

If you don't like those games, don't buy it. I could care less about inFamous, FF15 is awhile away, and I lost all interest in Uncharted. Doesn't sound that different from you on Nintendo IPs, isn't it?

Yes, we do all have our tastes ;). Well at least it's good to see the Wii U finally getting some good games. Hopefully it starts selling better.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

That guy should be smacked.

90-95% of games are multiplatform games so saying a console that has only 50% of multiplatform games is a true console then you just may be a true dumb ass.

If you can only afford to buy one console and you only have a laptop or a low end PC you will not be buying a Wii U. Oh and the sales are in and the PS4 and X1 have both sold 1 million consoles in 1 day and the Wii U is struggling to break 4 million in a year.

If day one sales were indicative of long-term success, the Dreamcast would not have died in the 6th Generation, and the Wii-U would be doing Xbox 360 numbers circa holiday 2006 right now.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

"As the PlayStation and Xbox continue to evolve, they're moving out of the game console space and into another category entirely"

The what? How is the PS4 moving out of the game console space and into another category entirely?

Are they trying to tell me that adding more features while still focusing on gaming (Sony's current vision) is somehow worse than being stuck in 1 place like Nintendo?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

. I'm not an idiot.

Could have fooled me.

Thank you for having a vote of confidence.
Instead of trying to have a smart discussion you get someone like this to bring the community careening back down.

SimiManny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By SimiManny
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

The thing with the Wii U is that it lacks features. Just because it cant do anything but play a few mario games doesn't make it the only gaming console.

anybodykilla15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 anybodykilla15
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

@rjdofu:

if sonys vision was gaming,

they would actually have games at launch,

and you could say they have more later, but that could be said about ms as well,

just as much as Nintendo too

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#68 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

well duh

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

@hiphops_savior: I am at work on my phone, can,t play no games here apart from the waiting game, one of the only games Wii u has now, and I am playing it without owning one.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#70 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@anybodykilla15 said:

@rjdofu:

if sonys vision was gaming,

they would actually have games at launch,

and you could say they have more later, but that could be said about ms as well,

just as much as Nintendo too

Than what am I playing on my PS4 right now?

anybodykilla15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 anybodykilla15
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

@Animal-Mother: trash im sure,

but like I said, it could be argued that sonys vision is the long run,

and better games later

which could also be said about ms and nintendo

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#72  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

it's so hard to predict the industry. We do know that xbone and ps4 are not very advanced compared to previous generational leaps, and we have to be weary about Sony's and MS's desire for their machines to serve as more than just a games console. It seems like a prime situation for Sony and MS to both fail in the face of PC gaming which can outdo both consoles in every way, and at a much better price than PC gaming was a generation ago. The wiiu is left as the only console left with something unique about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

No it's sh!tty console without any balance whatsoever to coincide it's 1st party offerings. Genesis and SNES did that and Sony and MS are doing that as well.

And LOL at the irony of being a "true gaming console."

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

You're comparing the WiiU which has been out for a year to systems that have been out for 1-2 weeks. As we shift from last gen to the new consoles, WiiU will get less and less 3rd party support and it will basically end up having huge droughts like the Wii. Honestly it seems like you're trying to justify your purchase to us.

Anyways, I like the multimedia features on X1/PS4. Being able to play Blu-Rays, streaming stuff from my PC, and having a decent online infrastructure is awesome. A system can be both rich in multimedia features and focused on games at the same time, the two aren't mutually exclusive. If anything, the Wii last gen was the one that had the least worthwhile titles.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#75 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I would argue even the Wii U doesn't fit into the "console" paradigm anymore. Including online play and social connectivity, despite being very convenient, goes against what "consoles" actually started: the same-room, same-TV experience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Sky- said:

Honestly it seems like you're trying to justify your purchase to us.

Of course, this would make a whole lot of sense if I had actually, you know, purchased the Wii U. I haven't. I'm just posting an article about it, and I even state in the OP that I don't agree with it fully, nor do I believe that the Wii U will be the best console of its generation/

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

@anybodykilla15 said:

@Animal-Mother: trash im sure,

but like I said, it could be argued that sonys vision is the long run,

and better games later

which could also be said about ms and nintendo

Sure the last few years of the 360 was astounding games wise :roll:, and the Wii :roll:

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts

@BPoole96 said:

I agree with them. The XBone and PS4 are literally HTPCs made from off the shelf PC parts. Console gamers swear they hate PC gaming and want nothing to do with it but as the industry progresses, consoles are just becoming PCs without the openness.

Right? All the perks of consoles are dead or dying. Their easy, plug'n play nature has given way to 5 gig installs, and split screen multiplayer is MIA. Plus, you have to pay a fee to play online. What exactly is the advantage of a console these days?

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79  Edited By BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

@judaspete said:

@BPoole96 said:

I agree with them. The XBone and PS4 are literally HTPCs made from off the shelf PC parts. Console gamers swear they hate PC gaming and want nothing to do with it but as the industry progresses, consoles are just becoming PCs without the openness.

Right? All the perks of consoles are dead or dying. Their easy, plug'n play nature has given way to 5 gig installs, and split screen multiplayer is MIA. Plus, you have to pay a fee to play online. What exactly is the advantage of a console these days?

Apparently just exclusives and "all my friends play them".

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#80 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I got a Wii U, I didn't get it thinking it'd have the best ports of next gen games, I got it to play the stuff Nintendo puts out, and whatever other exclusive content comes to it. I avoided it for about a year since it released but finally got one, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. There'll be enough on the console through its life to justify getting one. Later though it'll take a back seat to whichever X1 or PS4 next gen system I decide to get.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#81 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
@XVision84 said:

That's fair enough, but I doubt that'll hold true for the PS4. There aren't many problems with the launch and games are fairly easy to port over this time around. No more PS3 architecture getting in the way. Lots of promising stuff for this gen, but I do see what you're saying. I just think the multiplats our for the PS4 more than make up for what's out for the Wii U.

It's true. The ps4 and xb1 are probably both more reliable consoles with much more conventional architectures. They are also much cheaper than ps3 and 360 were at the same point in their product cycle.

The problem? All of these benefits have come at the cost of ambition. The 360 had a freakish design for its time, one that paid off and proved to be the future of graphics processing. The ps3 had powerful chips and a new tech in bluray behind it. All very expensive, but gave those consoles a future.

These new consoles seem great now because we see a graphical leap. However, they both have conventional architecture which means that there will be much less improvement over the gen compared to what the ps3 and 360 accomplished. It took a whole gen for devs to fully understand how to max out a ps3 and even a 360. Devs basically understand the ps4 and xb1 already.

There will be a point in the future, maybe as early as 2 years from now, when PC tech is surprisingly cheap and will be over a gen ahead of the ps4 and xb1. PC gaming traditionally falls at the start of a gen when the consoles have respectable power (as evidenced by "death of PC gaming" threads that pop up at that time"), but PC gaming grows as the tech gap widens. By the end of this console gen, PC gaming will be crushing its competition very badly.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

That article is a load of crap. Not only does the Wiiu have multimedia services making it not a "pure" gaming machine like that journalist claims, the PS4 is very much game focused with a huge third party backing. Its not gonna suffer from some kind of game drought like the others might.

EddyG0RD0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 EddyG0RD0
Member since 2005 • 2607 Posts

lol

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

It will serve just fine as a secondary console.

Exactly, and while many will have to choose between a PS4 or an X1, a lot of them who wants a secondary console will go for the WiiU and its exclusives. So in the end, it will probably be good to be the only dedicated gaming machine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

stupid article is stupid. PS4 is much more potent gaming device, and it supports indie development too.

"As the PlayStation and Xbox continue to evolve, they're moving out of the game console space and into another category entirely,

leaving Nintendo as the only major contender."

it's kinda funny that he said that. that's exactly the reason i abandon Nintendo in the first place. after the glory days of SNES, N64 and Gamecube, they started selling consoles for your moms instead of you with all that Wii bullshit.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#86 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

First off, the turnaround in media perception of Nintendo's console is hilarious. What the hell happened, why are outlets who have been calling for Nintendo's blood for a full year suddenly so bright on the Wii U?

I can tell you. It is because of Super Mario 3D World. Iwata-san stated that one game can change everything and the media believes that has momentum. They are going with it.

Secondly, I'm glad to see someone seems to get it: ultimately, it comes down to games. The Wii U does not necessarily have to be the best console on the market (it won't be): it just needs to have enough compelling games that you have to pick on up, and it's set. So far, Nintendo seems to be on a good start with that front.

Even though games are absolutely important to the hardcore gamer, for people who would like to be able to do more with there console, the Xbox One or PS4 might seem like better choices. That may be true with the Wii U streaming services in mind. The video game industry is like this now. If a consumer is looking for a video game console primarily with the certainty that good if not great games will come out for it, the Wii U (and PS4) should be bought. Look elsewhere for a system designed to be more of a multimedia device.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

Such shenanigans in this thread.

Two absurd quotes:

"Wii U doesn't even have any big AAA must-have hits out for it yet."

"Nintendo and innovate rarely go together"

Are these comments serious? I know fanboys will be fanboys, but how is Nintendo innovation question. They are the single MOST innovative company in gaming. Their core franchises are consistently fresh and well designed and they aren't content in the me too mentality that is permeating gaming right now.

And oh yeah:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/super-mario-3d-world

http://www.gamerankings.com/wii-u/718915-super-mario-3d-world/index.html

Get out of here with that blind hate...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

So it's not a games machine if it's not capable of doing other functions? Ridiculous thing to say given the comparable specs to PCs and given how much much you can do on a PC. If the media functions use the same technology then why not. Does that mean MS and Sony are any less focused... no. They have a ton of 1st and 3rd party exclusive and non exclusive games coming out. I like how you can do more on the PS4 and X1. Gaming only is an antiquated way of doing things on home consoles.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Sorry, I think that's crap. This narrative of "console becoming MORE than just gaming" is actually a couple of decades old. PS1 with music CD playback started it. Xbox and PS2 continued with DVDs. 360 and PS3 continued with HDDVD and Blu Ray, and (along with Wii) Netflix. This is just more of the same.

Having media features doesn't mean your games are any worse. Are we going to pretend Gamecube was a better console than PS2, because PS2 could play DVDs? Or that the Wii was better than the PS3 because PS3 could play Blu Ray? Please.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Yeah...for $300 it definitely is not a good option. Maybe at $200.

Sure, let's spend $400 on a PS4 or $500 on an Xbox One and play *tumbleweed.gif*

Or you could play the multiple AAA and AA next gen games that released for them.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@freedomfreak said:

It will serve just fine as a secondary console.

You must have alot of free time.

That doesn't mean anything. Someone can spend 40 hours a week on one console, someone can spend 40 hours a week between two consoles or three. Some of us just like having a variety of platforms..

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts
@groowagon said:

stupid article is stupid. PS4 is much more potent gaming device, and it supports indie development too.

"As the PlayStation and Xbox continue to evolve, they're moving out of the game console space and into another category entirely,

leaving Nintendo as the only major contender."

it's kinda funny that he said that. that's exactly the reason i abandon Nintendo in the first place. after the glory days of SNES, N64 and Gamecube, they started selling consoles for your moms instead of you with all that Wii bullshit.

I was rooting hard for Nintendo back in the GameCube days, the underdogs. Once the Wii debuted and the sales roared in, I was pretty damn ecstatic. Then the shovel ware, casual mom/pop stuff came out and I had pretty much abandoned Nintendo, went PS 3. Now here I am once again rooting for them and can't wait to get their system and the PS 4.

mulalatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mulalatum
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

@charizard1605:

Curren moment of time, ah yes impulse buying based on a current situation, good idea.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@freedomfreak said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

You must have alot of free time.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. It will suffer from droughts due to the fact that it will miss out on multiplats, making it more of a secondary console.

Makes no sense to buy another console that you will never play but a couple times per year. It cost 3/4 the price of the ps4 and that is after the price drop. Can you say waste of money. Personally I don't think the wii u has a future the numbers are horrible. The ps4 will pass it for sure by march 2014 by at least 1 million units. So why invest in a dead system ??

When one console is $300 and includes all functionality for all games, includes one or two quality games, and has backwards compatibility with the controllers for last gen, and another console is $400, but includes no games, puts all online functionality (essentially half of most games on the system) behind a $50 annual fee, and requires the purchase of a brand new controller if you want to play local multiplayer, the $300 console doesn't really cost 3/4 as much. You can buy a Wii U for $300 and go home to a quality experience. If you buy the PS4, you are going to have to spend at least $510 if you plan on going home and actually playing a game. It's $570 if you want to play with friends.

BigD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 BigD
Member since 2002 • 2223 Posts

Media people are just starting to notice that in the last year Nintendo has built quite a good library of exclusive titles for the WiiU. This is especially true when you contrast it to the launch lineup for the PS4 and XBO, both systems won't be getting any new retail games until February. So after initial release there is not much to get excited about for the next 3 months.

Until Destiny or Titanfall come out, for me, there is not much reason to own a PS4 or XBO, especially because I have a PC. But I have a WiiU and 3DS because I need to play Mario and Zelda games.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

What is a WiiU....??

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23913 Posts

It is interesting how much positive press the Wii U has gotten very recently. I wonder if it is because Super Mario 3D world is just that good, if it was due to how much of a blunder the PS4 and Xbox one are, or a combination of both. I have seen this happen before, like in the mmo industry where certain games got a lot more praise after a certain overhyped mess of a game turned out to be a colossal blunder.

Also, clearly the reason this thread was created (along with many others) was to show how much the press has been warming up to the Wii U.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Yeah...for $300 it definitely is not a good option. Maybe at $200.

Sure, let's spend $400 on a PS4 or $500 on an Xbox One and play *tumbleweed.gif*

Or you could play the multiple AAA and AA next gen games that released for them.

And I will, when they are, and that is when I will buy them. Right now, they present a significantly worse alternative than the Wii U.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

My wiiu would actually get used if.....

1) It didn't have the absolute worst online support of PC and all other consoles.

2) It actually had 3rd party support from Nintendo themselves.

3) The vast majority of its game library wasn't shovelware garbage or inferior versions of multiplatform games that are available cheaper on systems that run it just as well that are 8+ years old.

4) It wasn't focused on outdated hardware that cant even run its own games properly like pikimin 3 couldn't do online co-op because the cpu was too weak, or the fact you cant even do multi touch inputs on the tablet while even big lots has 50 dollar tablets that can do that. Even the tablet interface is old and outdated feeling clunky.

5) If Nintendo would actually have an original idea for once for a game. Their entire library is just all rehashes, remakes, rereleases, sequels and spinoffs of the same old games they have been making for the past 25+ years. For gods sake arguably the biggest game for the wiiu is windwaker and its just a re-release of a 10 year old game that isn't even in the top 5 of Zelda games.

I bought a wiiu when it launched and every since I have regretted pre ordering one. Ive spent more time playing wii games on it than I have wiiiu games.

Say what you want but at least sony and Microsoft do the exact opposite of all 5 of my points against nintendo. They have great online support, they support 3rd party developers and are constantly getting their games, they get all the big name games and tons of good games as well as exclusive games most of which are inferior on the wiiu for cross platform stuff, they have current and updated hardware, and they both have their franchises yes but they also release new IP's as well especially sony who is always trying something new.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I guess if you like mario it is. Theres only 1 game I want thats on it 101 and thats it.