Engadget: Wii U Is the Only True Game Console

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Engadget should stick with those phone reviews.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Yeah...for $300 it definitely is not a good option. Maybe at $200.

Sure, let's spend $400 on a PS4 or $500 on an Xbox One and play *tumbleweed.gif*

Or you could play the multiple AAA and AA next gen games that released for them.

And I will, when they are, and that is when I will buy them. Right now, they present a significantly worse alternative than the Wii U.

They got them at launch...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#103 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Sure, let's spend $400 on a PS4 or $500 on an Xbox One and play *tumbleweed.gif*

Or you could play the multiple AAA and AA next gen games that released for them.

And I will, when they are, and that is when I will buy them. Right now, they present a significantly worse alternative than the Wii U.

Yeah, and I can get them on Xbox 360 and PS3, which I already own, too, so why exactly do I spend $400 or $500 on them right now?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

The way I see it the Article has more then a few points, exactly what in the PS4 and X1 is "Console?"

Pretty much all the advantages of consoles have dies now, and people missed that very important notion.

(what people promoting consoles used to say)

- Consoles are easy to use (set up the Wireless, make connections, make your profile, tweak the system)

- You just have to put the game in and play (following an install process that takes up rather large amounts of Space).

- We have social local gaming, not that online bs (grats there are about as many cocal co-op games on pc as the consoles have left).

- They are far more durable then PCs (looks back at the last 2 gens of consoles, horrible part is the new gen looks at failures from the get go).

Basicly the Wii U is the closest to the typical console that people think of when people talk console, the rest of you? you might aswell get a pc, given that mostly multiplats have ben brought up in this thread so far.

Welcome to the brave new World, you ahve no console, just a closed off pc. It is even built like one.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#105  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Maddie_Larkin said:

The way I see it the Article has more then a few points, exactly what in the PS4 and X1 is "Console?"

Pretty much all the advantages of consoles have dies now, and people missed that very important notion.

(what people promoting consoles used to say)

- Consoles are easy to use (set up the Wireless, make connections, make your profile, tweak the system)

- You just have to put the game in and play (following an install process that takes up rather large amounts of Space).

- We have social local gaming, not that online bs (grats there are about as many cocal co-op games on pc as the consoles have left).

- They are far more durable then PCs (looks back at the last 2 gens of consoles, horrible part is the new gen looks at failures from the get go).

Basicly the Wii U is the closest to the typical console that people think of when people talk console, the rest of you? you might aswell get a pc, given that mostly multiplats have ben brought up in this thread so far.

Welcome to the brave new World, you ahve no console, just a closed off pc. It is even built like one.

Console gamers now have to manage their space.
On PC I just play stuff and whatever. I do uninstall stuff sometimes but it's not really necessary. 50GB installs hahaha. It's like people from the past trying to make a PC.
They do make good controllers though that I can use on my PC.
Next gen that Steambox is going to kill off most of the consoles.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By locopatho

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Yeah, and I can get them on Xbox 360 and PS3, which I already own, too, so why exactly do I spend $400 or $500 on them right now?

You won't be playing Forza 5 (AAA) on your 360 or Resogun (AA) on your PS3.

You won't be playing 64 player Battlefield on either of them either.

I don't care whether or not you buy them. The fact is the PS4 and Xbone have decent launch lineups, a couple of AAA and multiple AA games each.

You and I may not think it worth it yet, but they are NOT "tumbleweed.gif". That would be a lie, and lying is bad :D

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@XVision84 said:

That's fair enough, but I doubt that'll hold true for the PS4. There aren't many problems with the launch and games are fairly easy to port over this time around. No more PS3 architecture getting in the way. Lots of promising stuff for this gen, but I do see what you're saying. I just think the multiplats our for the PS4 more than make up for what's out for the Wii U.

If you are buying a system for the multiplats, why not just save money and get the superior experience on the PC?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

I don't care whether or not you buy them. The fact is the PS4 and Xbone have decent launch lineups, a couple of AAA and multiple AA games each.

You and I may not think it worth it yet, but they are NOT "tumbleweed.gif". That would be a lie, and lying is bad :D

Well, personally, Battlefield has never had my interest, and the new one is awful. And I don't care about the player count on the maps either. Assuming, however, that I do, I can still play Battlefield 4 with 64 players on a PC. No need to spend money on a console.

Forza 5 and Resogun are not worth me spending $500 and $400 respectively.

What do you think of the Wii U launch lineup? Was it 'decent' too?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#109 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Well, personally, Battlefield has never had my interest, and the new one is awful. And I don't care about the player count on the maps either. Assuming, however, that I do, I can still play Battlefield 4 with 64 players on a PC. No need to spend money on a console.

The Wii-U launch line up was horrendous and paled vastly in comparison as to what is offered on the one and PS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

The Wii-U launch line up was horrendous and paled vastly in comparison as to what is offered on the one and PS4

Really? It had more quality exclusives than either of the two, and the same amount of multiplat (both cross gen and current) games. Wii U had more games, higher rated games, what exactly makes it 'horrendous' and 'pale vastly in comparison?'

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@XVision84 said:

That's fair enough, but I doubt that'll hold true for the PS4. There aren't many problems with the launch and games are fairly easy to port over this time around. No more PS3 architecture getting in the way. Lots of promising stuff for this gen, but I do see what you're saying. I just think the multiplats our for the PS4 more than make up for what's out for the Wii U.

If you are buying a system for the multiplats, why not just save money and get the superior experience on the PC?

I'm not buying the PS4 for multiplats, I'm just saying that the multiplats that are out now will last me until the high quality exclusives start pumping in. I have a fairly decent PC that I already use to play games anyways.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 locopatho

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

I don't care what holds your interest. Nor do I care what you can play on PC, or what you spend your money on.

None of that affects your initial point that PS4 and Xbone only had "tumbleweed.jpg" to play. Which is factually incorrect. I am not interested in getting these consoles either. I too am going to play most of what they offer on a PC. But that doesn't change the facts: that they DO have good games.

WiiU launch lineup was bad imo.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Animal-Mother

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Really? It had more quality exclusives than either of the two, and the same amount of multiplat (both cross gen and current) games. Wii U had more games, higher rated games, what exactly makes it 'horrendous' and 'pale vastly in comparison?'

So launching with poor multiplat counterparts is good now?

I give it launched with on par exclusives with the Ps4 and one.

But it paled in comparison to games like AC4, BF4, Ghosts, Resogun, Warframe, Forza and Dead Rising three. I mean hell after I played some mario I barely turned the damn thing on for months..... And some did the same.

Keep grasping for straws char.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By locopatho

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

No, it didn't. Where do you get this idea?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

But it paled in comparison to games like AC4, BF4, Ghosts, Resogun, Warframe, Forza and Dead Rising three. I mean hell after I played some mario I barely turned the damn thing on for months..... And some did the same.

Are we going to keep shifting goalposts?

It launched with Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Madden, FIFA, NBA, Batman, Scribblenauts, ZombiU, Just Dance, Mario, Nintendo Land, Tekken, Darksiders, this is just off the top of my head.

It had more third party representation, and better exclusives, and it was still worse, because now the goalposts have been shifted to 'poor multiplats?'

And I'm the one clutching at straws?

Pure numbers dictate Wii U's launch lineup was better. Of course what followed was a full year of absolutely nothing, which is not something that will happen to either the Xbox One or PS4, so they should be better within their first year than Wii U was.

@locopatho said:

I don't care what holds your interest. Nor do I care what you can play on PC, or what you spend your money on.

None of that affects your initial point that PS4 and Xbone only had "tumbleweed.jpg" to play. Which is factually incorrect. I am not interested in getting these consoles either. I too am going to play most of what they offer on a PC. But that doesn't change the facts: that they DO have good games.

Don't be deliberately obtuse, you are better than that. I have no reason to buy a PS4 or Xbox One right now. There is nothing for me to play on them. Tumbleweed.gif is objectively incorrect, of course, but then it was objectively incorrect when it was used for PS Vita or Wii U too.

How exactly was Wii U's lineup, which had more games (including third party multiplats) and better exclusives... worse?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Here.

More games, more multiplats, more (higher rated) exclusives.

Pure numbers. No 'I think.'

EDIT: One that includes digital games for PS4 (though the ones for Wii U are lacking, to the best of my knowledge. Where is Trine 2?)

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Animal-Mother

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

It launched with Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Madden, FIFA, NBA, Batman, Scribblenauts, ZombiU, Just Dance, Mario, Nintendo Land, Tekken, Darksiders, this is just off the top of my head.

It had more third party representation, and better exclusives, and it was still worse, because now the goalposts have been shifted to 'poor multiplats?'

Pure numbers dictate Wii U's launch lineup was better. Of course what followed was a full year of absolutely nothing, which is not something that will happen to either the Xbox One or PS4, so they should be better within their first year than Wii U was.

@locopatho said:

Don't be deliberately obtuse, you are better than that. I have no reason to buy a PS4 or Xbox One right now. There is nothing for me to play on them. Tumbleweed.gif is objectively incorrect, of course, but then it was objectively incorrect when it was used for PS Vita or Wii U too.

How exactly was Wii U's lineup, which had more games (including third party multiplats) and better exclusives... worse?

Char where's that third party representation now? It's completely a barren wasteland and don't even tell me well "Wii-U Just got deus Ex" Yeah 2 years later.

Also More=/=Better and you and I know that better than anyone. Those ports were shoddy and not up to the HD twins counterparts And you wanna know how I can prove it? I've played them. Most of them with the acceptation of batman and ACIII.

The Wii-U had two worthwhile titles at launch. Mario and Zombi-U And I can tell you nobody was running out to buy a Wii-U for black ops II, nintendo land, any sports game or scribblenauts or any multiplat for that matter.

Last but not least The Wii-U has somewhere between 3-3.5 MILLION sold WW. PS3 Is already 1/3rd there in two weeks. Probably more by now due to it launching in other territories. How did it have the "better" launch. Because PS4 and Xone are stomping the ever living shit out of it right now. And it's a shame because it's an amazing console. I'm saying it'll be the gamecube of this generation. Lots of awesome ninty IPs some sleeper hits and some cool stuff. But Wii-U was Doa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@locopatho said:

Char where's that third party representation now? It's completely a barren wasteland and don't even tell me well "Wii-U Just got deus Ex" Yeah 2 years later.

Also More=/=Better and you and I know that better than anyone. Those ports were shoddy and not up to the HD twins counterparts And you wanna know how I can prove it? I've played them. Most of them with the acceptation of batman and ACIII.

The Wii-U had two worthwhile titles at launch. Mario and Zombi-U And I can tell you nobody was running out to buy a Wii-U for black ops II, nintendo land, any sports game or scribblenauts or any multiplat for that matter.

Last but not least The Wii-U has somewhere between 3-3.5 MILLION sold WW. PS3 Is already 1/3rd there in two weeks. Probably more by now due to it launching in other territories. How did it have the "better" launch. Because PS4 and Xone are stomping the ever living shit out of it right now.

I don't remember saying the Wii U has any third party support now. Quite the contrary, I said, 'Of course what followed was a full year of absolutely nothing, which is not something that will happen to either the Xbox One or PS4, so they should be better within their first year than Wii U was.'

Sure, I know most ports were pretty rushed. Launch ports always are.Correct me if I am wrong, but Battlefield 4 seems to be the first exception to the rule, and it seems to be suffering from so many issues that it doesn't matter how good of a port it is, the core game seems to suck.

No one is rushing out to buy an Xbox or PS4 for Assassin's Creed IV or Ghosts either (particularly the latter); mostly everyone can get them on their Xbox 360 or PS3.

Finally... okay? When did I say anything about sales? We were talking about games here, my 'better' comment was clearly just talking about games. The Wii U is an abysmal failure at retail. Because Nintendo squandered all momentum and advantage. Because they followed up their launch with squat. The next major release for Wii U was Pikmin 3 in August 2013.That was a full nine months after launch. There were minor launches, but nothing high profile. Nintendo screwed up. The numbers show that. And they have nothing to do with our discussion of launch titles.

EDIT: Final correction, Wii U is at 3.9 million worldwide. Still shit, just not as shit as 3 million :P

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

nothing can demonstrate nintendo losing the way more than that shytty tablet controller.

immersion means forgetting you are using a controller and turning your input into onscreen action at the speed of thought.

but what was nintendos next gen vision?

me babysitting a screaming thing in my hands that never lets me forget i am holding a controller and constantly drags me out of the action on screen.

the wiiu controller my be the biggest fail in gaming history.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Animal-Mother

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@locopatho said:

Last but not least The Wii-U has somewhere between 3-3.5 MILLION sold WW. PS3 Is already 1/3rd there in two weeks. Probably more by now due to it launching in other territories. How did it have the "better" launch. Because PS4 and Xone are stomping the ever living shit out of it right now.

I don't remember saying the Wii U has any third party support now. Quite the contrary, I said, 'Of course what followed was a full year of absolutely nothing, which is not something that will happen to either the Xbox One or PS4, so they should be better within their first year than Wii U was.'

Sure, I know most ports were pretty rushed. Launch ports always are.Correct me if I am wrong, but Battlefield 4 seems to be the first exception to the rule, and it seems to be suffering from so many issues that it doesn't matter how good of a port it is, the core game seems to suck.

No one is rushing out to buy an Xbox or PS4 for Assassin's Creed IV or Ghosts either (particularly the latter); mostly everyone can get them on their Xbox 360 or PS3.

Finally... okay? When did I say anything about sales? We were talking about games here, my 'better' comment was clearly just talking about games. The Wii U is an abysmal failure at retail. Because Nintendo squandered all momentum and advantage. Because they followed up their launch with squat. The next major release for Wii U was Pikmin 3 in August 2013.That was a full nine months after launch. There were minor launches, but nothing high profile. Nintendo screwed up. The numbers show that. And they have nothing to do with our discussion of launch titles.

YOU BROUGHT UP THIRD PARTY SUPPORT. FFS are you dense to your OWN arguments? Or are you just to blind and butthurt to see what's going on?

Also No None of the ports on my PS4 have been rushed. Some may not look as good such as Ghosts Multiplayer or Madden (lol sports game graphics argument) But everything runs fine and better than what the Wii-U had to offer at launch in terms of multiplats. Also People are rushing in to buy Multiplats and Whatever exclusives offered. More so than the Wii-U and the launch numbers of the one and PS4 are proof of that.

Also lol. My overall point is how game better games come out if no one is buying them char? I mean i'm an acceptation to the rule. But How can LAUNCH GAMES BE BETTER WHEN NO ONE IS BUYING THEM? Huh? How is it better when the install base is THAT LOW

And once again Char More=/=Better. ESPECIALLY if they're half assed ports.

I have a question. Do YOU own a Wii-U?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By locopatho

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Here.

EDIT: One that includes digital games for PS4 (though the ones for Wii U are lacking, to the best of my knowledge. Where is Trine 2?)

There are no scores attached to those games. Those aren't "pure numbers" they are just lists of EVERY game, including the shovelware trash that I don't deny Nintendo has the most of. Seriously don't be listing me games that get 4s and 5s as a sign of quality.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By locopatho

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@locopatho said:

I would say you are the one being obtuse, trying to justify a ridiculous claim. Multiplats count. AAA and AA exclusives count. Calling them "tumbleweed.jpg" is just a lie, dude.

"tumbleweed.jpg" is what every Nintendo console since the SNES suffers, I have never known a PS or Xbox to suffer the same.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

Here.

There are no scores attached to those games. Those aren't "pure numbers" they are just lists of EVERY game, including the shovelware trash that I don't deny Nintendo has the most of. Seriously don't be listing me games that get 4s and 5s as a sign of quality.

It also lists the shovelware trash on the PS4 and XB1, and you can look the scores of the games up if you are interested in subjective objectivity. I don't see how anyone could argue that the Wii U has less quality titles in its launch lineup than either of the other 2 systems. It's not even close.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#124  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Wii U Is the Only Game Console that no one needs to own......it sucks.

PS3/XBOX360>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii eww.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#125 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I think Wii U is going to have quite the turn around. Graphics can only get so much better and the ps4 and x1 isn't really huge jump in graphics like the Xbox 360 was to the GameCube. If Wii u is gets all games it won't matter much to most people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

YOU BROUGHT UP THIRD PARTY SUPPORT. FFS are you dense to your OWN arguments? Or are you just to blind and butthurt to see what's going on?

Also No None of the ports on my PS4 have been rushed. Some may not look as good such as Ghosts Multiplayer or Madden (lol sports game graphics argument) But everything runs fine and better than what the Wii-U had to offer at launch in terms of multiplats. Also People are rushing in to buy Multiplats and Whatever exclusives offered. More so than the Wii-U and the launch numbers of the one and PS4 are proof of that.

Also lol. My overall point is how game better games come out if no one is buying them char? I mean i'm an acceptation to the rule. But How can LAUNCH GAMES BE BETTER WHEN NO ONE IS BUYING THEM? Huh? How is it better when the install base is THAT LOW

Okay dude, once again, let's chill out. You keep on doing this thing where I am trying to at worst have some reasonable discussion with one I think is a good, reasonable poster on here, but then you start name calling and stuff. There's no need for that, try to make whatever point you are making without resorting to that.

Now...

a) I brought up third party support at launch.Because our discussion was limited to launch lineups.After this, I proceeded to also state, in very explicit terms, that the system was abandoned by third parties, which you then repeated and brought up in a discussion about launch lineups. Where is the confusion? How can you not follow?

b) Great, ports on PS4 weren't rushed. Actually, that's a great thing. It makes the PS4 literally the first console ever to buck the trend, but I hope it also establishes a new trend, where launch ports are never rushed from now on.

c) Overall, the launch numbers of PS4 and Xbox One are great right now, but so were the WIi U's.I am not for a second arguing that the Wii U will do as good as these two consoles, or that these two consoles will do as bad as Wii U: at the outset, I established that won't happen, Wii U is a secondary console at best. Awesome, so it looks like we agree on this one, but just remember, don't bring up launch numbers as proof of anything, they aren't indicative of anything. PS3 and Dreamcast broke sales records. One of those was discontinued, the other floundered at retail for three years after that.

d) How can launch games be better when no one is buying them? They already exist.Whether people buy them or not has nothing to do with launch games, which were developed and released.Your point, a good and valid one, does not apply to launch games, it applies to all subsequent Wii U support. Which it has none of. Because it is a poorly managed fucked up disaster. Which we know. But which has nothing to do with launch lineups. Which is what we were discussing. So why bring it up?

e) No, not yet; that's well known. Yes, I am buying one in December. I have also tried my best to make that well known by posting that in every single Wii U thread where this question is asked. Ffs, I think I should just put it in my sig or something, people seem to be more fixated by the idea of me owning a Wii U than they are in actually having discussions.

@locopatho said:

Go back and check the scores, Wii U had the highest rated (on average) launch lineup of the three.

Shovelware? You mean like Angry Birds on the PS4? Or Knack?

@locopatho said:

I would say you are the one being obtuse, trying to justify a ridiculous claim. Multiplats count. AAA and AA exclusives count. Calling them "tumbleweed.jpg" is just a lie, dude.

"tumbleweed.jpg" is what every Nintendo console since the SNES suffers, I have never known a PS or Xbox to suffer the same.

Well, first off, you seem to be very fixated on the words 'tumbleweed.jpg' as you keep reusing it, when I used it oncefacetiously to describe the relative weakness of the Xbox One and PS4 launch lineups with the Wii U lineup in the present moment in time (which is, in fact, a fact).

Please go back and follow the full conversation I was having with XV again. I made no ridiculous claim. I talked about why I saw no point in buying X1 or PS4, because they were not offering anything to me that I would not find on a system I did not already own so far. Yes, before you bring that up again: you don't care what I buy or what I own, yada yada. I do.That's what I was talking about. That was the conversation you jumped into and hijacked: one where I was explaining to XV why I saw no point in buying an Xbox One or PS4 over a Wii U this year.

Seriously, go back and re-read that, I'll wait.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Animal-Mother

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Okay dude, once again, let's chill out. You keep on doing this thing where I am trying to at worst have some reasonable discussion with one I think is a good, reasonable poster on here, but then you start name calling and stuff. There's no need for that, try to make whatever point you are making without resorting to that.

Now...

a) I brought up third party support at launch.Because our discussion was limited to launch lineups.After this, I proceeded to also state, in very explicit terms, that the system was abandoned by third parties, which you then repeated and brought up in a discussion about launch lineups. Where is the confusion? How can you not follow?

b) Great, ports on PS4 weren't rushed. Actually, that's a great thing. It makes the PS4 literally the first console ever to buck the trend, but I hope it also establishes a new trend, where launch ports are never rushed from now on.

c) Overall, the launch numbers of PS4 and Xbox One are great right now, but so were the WIi U's.I am not for a second arguing that the Wii U will do as good as these two consoles, or that these two consoles will do as bad as Wii U: at the outset, I established that won't happen, Wii U is a secondary console at best. Awesome, so it looks like we agree on this one, but just remember, don't bring up launch numbers as proof of anything, they aren't indicative of anything. PS3 and Dreamcast broke sales records. One of those was discontinued, the other floundered at retail for three years after that.

d) How can launch games be better when no one is buying them? They already exist.Whether people buy them or not has nothing to do with launch games, which were developed and released.Your point, a good and valid one, does not apply to launch games, it applies to all subsequent Wii U support. Which it has none of. Because it is a poorly managed fucked up disaster. Which we know. But which has nothing to do with launch lineups. Which is what we were discussing. So why bring it up?

e) No, not yet; that's well known. Yes, I am buying one in December. I have also tried my best to make that well known by posting that in every single Wii U thread where this question is asked. Ffs, I think I should just put it in my sig or something, people seem to be more fixated by the idea of me owning a Wii U than they are in actually having discussions.

@locopatho said:

Go back and check the scores, Wii U had the highest rated (on average) launch lineup of the three.

@locopatho said:

Well, first off, you seem to be very fixated on the words 'tumbleweed.jpg' as you keep reusing it, when I used it oncefacetiously to describe the relative weakness of the Xbox One and PS4 launch lineups with the Wii U lineup in the present moment in time (which is, in fact, a fact).

Please go back and follow the full conversation I was having with XV again. I made no ridiculous claim. I talked about why I saw no point in buying X1 or PS4, because they were not offering anything to me that I would not find on a system I did not already own so far. Yes, before you bring that up again: you don't care what I buy or what I own, yada yada. I do.That's what I was talking about. That was the conversation you jumped into and hijacked: one where I was explaining to XV why I saw no point in buying an Xbox One or PS4 over a Wii U this year.

And there you are again grasping at straws. Instead of sitting here assuming how good the launch line up was. I've owned a Wii-U SINCE LAUNCH DAY. So instead of sitting here acting like you know what you're talking about come back in december when you've actually put in the time with one. Instead of sitting here claiming post mortem ownage because the damn thing's been out for a year.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

WiiU launch lineup was decent but still weaker compared to the others especially if you didn't like ported multiplats. The others are better, but honestly I feel that all three of them were just complete crap imo compared to some of the older consoles launches.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By locopatho

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@locopatho said:

@charizard1605 said:

Here.

It also lists the shovelware trash on the PS4 and XB1, and you can look the scores of the games up if you are interested in subjective objectivity. I don't see how anyone could argue that the Wii U has less quality titles in its launch lineup than either of the other 2 systems. It's not even close.

Yes, that's what I said. All his lists include crap. That's not a proper comparison.

I'm not wasting time looking up dozens of different reviews, he made the claim, he can prove it if he wants.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#130  Edited By Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

The Wii Ew is like a year old and still only has a handful of worthwhile games. lol.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts
@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Now...

@locopatho said:

@locopatho said:

And there you are again grasping at straws. Instead of sitting here assuming how good the launch line up was. I've owned a Wii-U SINCE LAUNCH DAY. So instead of sitting here acting like you know what you're talking about come back in december when you've actually put in the time with one. Instead of sitting here claiming post mortem ownage because the damn thing's been out for a year.

Lol, I can't believe Charizard made someone mad.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23913 Posts

@Animal-Mother: Lets see here

If we go by Gamespot: The Wii U and Xbox One are effectively tied (Forza got a 9 here and Dead Rising 3 got a 7), with hte Wii U (New Super Mario Bros U got an 8.5 and Nintendo land got a 8, with the PS4 lagging behind (Killzone being a 7 and Resogun being an 8)

If we go by metacrtiic the Wii U has the highest scoring launch game (new super mario bros U with an 84 and its worst game ZombiU has 77), Forza 5 for the Xbox one got a 82 and Dead Rising 3 got a 78, the PS4 has Killzone at 74 which is its highest scoring launch retail title. Basicly, in terms of retail. The PS4's best is worse than the Wii U's worst, and the Wii U's best is better than the Xbox one's best.

That said, you are entitled to your own opinion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 locopatho

@Maroxad said:

If we go by Gamespot: The Wii U and Xbox One are effectively tied (Forza got a 9 here and Dead Rising 3 got a 7), with hte Wii U (New Super Mario Bros U got an 8.5 and Nintendo land got a 8, with the PS4 lagging behind (Killzone being a 7 and Resogun being an 8)

If we go by metacrtiic the Wii U has the highest scoring launch game (new super mario bros U with an 84 and its worst game ZombiU has 77), Forza 5 for the Xbox one got a 82 and Dead Rising 3 got a 78, the PS4 has Killzone at 74 which is its highest scoring launch retail title. Basicly, in terms of retail. The PS4's best is worse than the Wii U's worst, and the Wii U's best is better than the Xbox one's best.

Why aren't you including Powerstar Golf and Killer Instinct for Xbox One? Both exclusive A games.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#134 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

It will serve just fine as a secondary console.

Agreed, I wil be buying Wii U in a year or so as a secondary.

Btw, what's with your new avi?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
@_Matt_ said:

lol

Just a gif I made from one of Giantbomb's fellas :p

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#136 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@_Matt_ said:

lol

Just a gif I made from one of Giantbomb's fellas :p

Whhhy is he looking into my sooooul?

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

seems like sheeps in here are not aware that w are laughing at them

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

I'll get a Wii U when Nintendo introduces some real variety into their library. Even though I'm sure some of their games are fun, I'm sick and tired of safe.

Nintendo has no balls.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Animal-Mother

@Maroxad said:

By that logic and going by gamespot. The One had the best launch.

Standards and practices change unfortunately. The games industry changes every month. Comparing a game released today compare to games released a year ago is unfeasible.

The gamespot Scale has changed since than as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@Maroxad said:

By that logic and going by gamespot. The One had the best launch.

Standards and practices change unfortunately. The games industry changes every month. Comparing a game released today compare to games released a year ago is unfeasible.

The gamespot Scale has changed since than as well.

what a pointless cop out.

And as far as games go the X1 did win, we all know that. nobody is denying it. but that doesn't change what maraxad said, his point is valid, its only been a year. the new mario bros games are still brilliant to play, don't go playing "standards change" crap when its unrelated.

Look at Super Mario 3D World. 95 on metacritic. and its available now. it still doesn't change the fact that the wii-u's "mediocre lineup" beat the kak out of both the "next gen" consoles.

I have little faith in titan fall (as its respawn... they don't seem to have a clue after making the awesome Wolfenstien : Enemy Territory all those years ago) and infamous looks like a generic hero sandbox game which will run out of variety after an hour.

so the big question is. how the hell are those 2 consoles going to beat the wii u this year? I BET FFXV and KH3 will be 2015.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Maroxad

@locopatho: I decided to pick 2 games for each. Reason being to show the range. The Xbox one has more "good" games at launch, the Wii U has more "great" games available at launch. Both of them are better than the PS4 though. Between the One and Wii U I cant say which one is better than the other, dephends on too many factors. Personally though, I am more interested in the One's launch lineup, but at the same time I can see why one would prefer the Wii U's.

As for Animal-Mother.

1 year does not do that much to change standards, and if they were released today, I am pretty certain both NSMBU and Nintendo Land would have gotten 8 (to adjust for the new score). Remember how Bioshock was nominated not once, but twice for goty? Once for the PC/360 version and the next year for the PS3 version. Hence the comparison still works.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

The Wii U doesn't even have a lot of great games

And it's OS and load times are atrocious

What if I'm sick of Mario. I want new experiences

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#144 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@dbtbandit67: It goes both ways, there are people that are sick of Killzone and shooters.

OS has massively improved over time.

At the end of the day, all that matters is what games you find appealing. Who am I to say that because I don't enjoy Uncharted, doesn't mean you shouldn't either?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 locopatho

@Maroxad said:

@locopatho: I decided to pick 2 games for each. Reason being to show the range. The Xbox one has more "good" games at launch, the Wii U has more "great" games available at launch. Both of them are better than the PS4 though. Between the One and Wii U I cant say which one is better than the other, dephends on too many factors. Personally though, I am more interested in the One's launch lineup, but at the same time I can see why one would prefer the Wii U's.

As for Animal-Mother.

1 year does not do that much to change standards, and if they were released today, I am pretty certain both NSMBU and Nintendo Land would have gotten 8 (to adjust for the new score). Remember how Bioshock was nominated not once, but twice for goty? Once for the PC/360 version and the next year for the PS3 version. Hence the comparison still works.

Its ridiculous to pick two at random and say they are "tied" for exclusives when Xbox One got more good ones. I would think one AAAe and three Ae beat two AAe quite handily.

Preference is fine, I find none of the lineups impressive at all and would mostly want to play Mario if any, but by the Gamespot metagame the WiiU did NOT have the best launch, in any way.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Engadget, the last place I would go to for good information about video games...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Maroxad

@hiphops_savior: So many times this.

Personally, I can't stomach another cover based shooter or MOBA. But I can easily see why those games are being made. Also what constitutes as a new experience varies from person to person. A new IP wont feel like a fresh breath of air automatically because it is a new IP (especially true with all these MOBAs and "we want the CoD audience" games, whereas I have seen sequels that felt like a fresh breath of air.

In the end we all have different tastes, and this is a good thing.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Maroxad

@locopatho: Dephends on where you place the bar

At A+ games, AA+ games or AAA+ games. Which is where I was getting at.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#149  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Interesting with what fervour the horrible launch line-ups are being defended in a thread that wasn't really about that at all.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@XVision84 said:

Those consoles are technically superior for $400, and have a future locked and loaded with full 3rd party support AND exclusives. It's easy to justify an extra $100 for the PS4 (maybe debatable on the $200 extra for XB1). Wii-U doesn't even have the basic multiplats like Madden, Battlefield 4, Need 4 Speed Rivals, Destiny, Thief, Dying Light, Evil Within, etc. That list will just keep growing every year. The console has been abandoned by every 3rd party but Ubisoft, and even in cases where it is not "abandoned", it gets an inferior "last gen" version of the mulitplats compared to the PS4/XB1 version.

Wii-U is last gen hardware that lacks 3rd party support. It should be priced more accordingly with the other last gen consoles (PS3/360). It is a fine option as a second console for Nintendo exclusives, it's a terrible option as a primary console, or if it's being priced anywhere near the PS4 (which at the moment, it sort of is). I won't buy a Wii-U for anything more than $199 holiday bundle.