Dark Souls II Announced! - New Info up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]Only spot I felt it was unfair was those archery knights in annor londo. Everything besides that was fine.seanmcloughlin

Why does everyone say these guys are hard? I just only ever ran up to the guy on the right, got him to chase after me, and he almost always fell to his demise because of the terrible AI pathfinding.

Not hard, just felt a bit cheap. To have such a knock back on a tiny ledge.

whats your point? you call that cheap? stick to tetris
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#252 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] dont worry, the games not released yet so we can still imagine its the bestPinnacleGamingP

That article pretty much sets it in stone. The game is going to suck.

"[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable"

"we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls"

Those two quotes spell out exactly what they're planning on doing. Expect the game to have a fully detailed map, an objective marker telling you exactly where you're supposed to go at all times, tips and hints being thrown at you every f*cking minute, etc. Basically everything that is against what Demon's and Dark Souls stood for. I F*CKING HATE THEM!

hopefully new coop will make up for this, and save us some stress and sleep anyways

good job mastershake, our replies might be good enough to repel the first reply to this thread, which got me thinking were fcked now with dark souls 2
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#253 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
It's definitely Day 1 Collectors Edition pre-order for the PS3. I already have the first 2 game collectors editions. Of course I haven't beaten either of them yet. I'm still getting this. Once I've beat all 3 will sell them on EBay with the guides for $250. The trailer was crazy good.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#254 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Love doom and gloom posts when there has been no game play vids out.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#255 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]Only spot I felt it was unfair was those archery knights in annor londo. Everything besides that was fine.seanmcloughlin

Why does everyone say these guys are hard? I just only ever ran up to the guy on the right, got him to chase after me, and he almost always fell to his demise because of the terrible AI pathfinding.

The larger arrows fly in a straight trajectory, you can sprint by and not get hit once.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Zeviander"] Why does everyone say these guys are hard? I just only ever ran up to the guy on the right, got him to chase after me, and he almost always fell to his demise because of the terrible AI pathfinding.Vaasman

The larger arrows fly in a straight trajectory, you can sprint by and not get hit once.

Well duh, that's how you pass it. Im not saying it was hard to do, im saying what they put in place was a cheap way to kill you in a game that's relatively fair most other times. Cheap does not equal hard.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Ballroompirate
True, true. Happens all the time.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#258 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Ballroompirate

Did you not read the article that tonitorsi posted? The new directors flat out state that they plan on making the game more approachable, and that they want to see the series become as popular as Elder Scrolls. I mean these dudes didn't even beat around the bush like most developers. They just straight up said "lol, hey core fanbase, f*ck you. We're casualizing your favorite games, lollollol *troll face*".

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Only way I'll buy is if the game world is more open, there is an actual up front story, and combat system is improved.

ristactionjakso

Only way I'll buy it is if none of those things you mentioned happen.

straightedge_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 straightedge_X
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts
[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

freedomfreak

I don't blame them based on the turn certain franchises took this gen. Besides, the pessimist is never disappointed.
BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
[QUOTE="BadNewsBen"][QUOTE="Grawse"]The archers part? I went to like super sayain 3 rage during that omg. DrTrafalgarLaw
Yep! That and the boss fight which I found to be just about impossible. Had to call someone into my world to help me out.

Did you not summon Solaire of Astora? Most boss fights, you can summon a NPC aid to help. Like Beatrice, Solaire or Lautrec.

For some reason, I didn't on that one. I can't remember why, but there was a reason I couldn't call for his help. I used him in others, however. A better distraction than anything.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

straightedge_X

I don't blame them based on the turn certain franchises took this gen. Besides, the pessimist is never disappointed.

Bleh, I tend to wait and see. Not immediately go crazy about it. Then again, I'm not interested in this.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#263 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

Only way I'll buy is if the game world is more open, there is an actual up front story, and combat system is improved.

BlbecekBobecek

Only way I'll buy it is if none of those things you mentioned happen.

It's got the best combat system of any action rpg, that's the best part of his post.
straightedge_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 straightedge_X
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] True, true. Happens all the time.

Bleh, I tend to wait and see. Not immediately go crazy about it. Then again, I'm not interested in this.

That's because you're not man enough to beat Dark Souls. :P
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"] I don't blame them based on the turn certain franchises took this gen. Besides, the pessimist is never disappointed.

Excuuuse me for playing games to have fun :o
straightedge_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 straightedge_X
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Bleh, I tend to wait and see. Not immediately go crazy about it. Then again, I'm not interested in this.

I had plenty of fun with both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Do you even lift!? /flex
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"] That's because you're not man enough to beat Dark Souls. :P

I had plenty of fun with both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Do you even lift!? /flex

Nah, haven't lift in a long time :P
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 ReadingRainbow4

The only way I could see demon/dark souls getting better in the combat area is if they added more weapon types.

Perhaps some styles also, like rapiers used fencing, etc.

straightedge_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 straightedge_X
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Excuuuse me for playing games to have fun :o

Then fight me IRL.
BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
Not as worried about the change in Director as everyone else. I think they have to know at this point that the Souls series has a niche and if they ditch that niche, they are going to lose the fanbase that got them here. If they want to make it easier, just have two modes: a hardcore mode, and a beginners mode. Design the game around the hardcore mode and then give the beginners a path finder and easier combat. Problem solved.
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Excuuuse me for playing games to have fun :o

you can get it lifted without really...lifting at all
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"] I had plenty of fun with both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Do you even lift!? /flex

Then fight me IRL.

Place, date, time Come at me, bro.
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#273 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Excuuuse me for playing games to have fun :ofreedomfreak

:lol:

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#274 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
It's good that my brother's getting me the Prepare to Die edition of Dark Souls for christmas. I gotta catch up fast.
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts
I found Demon's Souls to be good but flawed. I haven't tried Dark Souls yet. Hopefully it is an improvement or this new one is at least.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#276 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

way to hard n such a pain in the @ss to get anywhere in the game

its a pass for me ... dying 50 million times is not my idea of fun ... i took on a bet to see if i couldn't beat dark souls n i sure couldn't ... or didn't really want to die 200 more times to do it

this games has no appeal while its good its just not that fun

DrTrafalgarLaw

Go back to playing CoD. Typical xbox gamer.

Ninja Gaiden.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#277 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Did you not read the article that tonitorsi posted? The new directors flat out state that they plan on making the game more approachable, and that they want to see the series become as popular as Elder Scrolls. I mean these dudes didn't even beat around the bush like most developers. They just straight up said "lol, hey core fanbase, f*ck you. We're casualizing your favorite games, lollollol *troll face*".

"more approachable" could mean a ton of things. for example, they could have an interesting, overarching story this time, alongside all the amazing lore and backstory, since lack of a proper main story is one of the things that drove many people away. that's certainly what i felt he meant. it could also mean they're working on a better learning curve, rather than giving you the controls and saying "f*ck you, go do something now". and "being as popular as elder scrolls" doesn't mean "being elder scrolls", unless you're stup-- oh.
Fossil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Fossil-
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
Let's be real, this will be GOTY 2013 (assuming it's released next year), just as DkS should have been GOTY 2011 but got snubbed out by the mediocre, glitch-bombed Skryim.
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Let's be real, this will be GOTY 2013 (assuming it's released next year), just as DkS should have been GOTY 2011 but got snubbed out by the mediocre, glitch-bombed Skryim. Fossil-

I support this.

Fossil-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Fossil-
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

BrunoBRS

"more approachable" could mean a ton of things. for example, they could have an interesting, overarching story this time, alongside all the amazing lore and backstory, since lack of a proper main story is one of the things that drove many people away. that's certainly what i felt he meant. it could also mean they're working on a better learning curve, rather than giving you the controls and saying "f*ck you, go do something now". and "being as popular as elder scrolls" doesn't mean "being elder scrolls", unless you're stup-- oh.

Agreed. I'm not worried about the game being more approachable just yet. There are plenty of things that can be done to make the game better without killing the challenge of it. A better story would not hurt, nor would NPCs who actually give you guidance rather than speaking in ways that are extremely vague or even completely inane. Exploration was part of the challenge of DkS, but not so much Demon's Souls. So making the world a little easier to understand and navigate is not necessarily a bad thing as long as it's not completely linear. And TES has some of the worst combat mechanics ever conceived, so I don't think they'll even come close to that. The games are completely different ends of the spectrum when it comes to game mechanics.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

BrunoBRS

Or a better description of what everything does. I hope this is the case and not more approachable gameplay or difficulty wise. They just need to explain things a bit better

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="JameMcCabe"] Because it's evil, it's depressing and not many people outside of the Internet like it. I just cannot stand RPGs in general. they're long, they're tedious, they're not entertaining and they always leave you feeling empty after you finish them. JameMcCabe

Sounds like you have the attention span of a potato.

No, they're boring and there are better games out there? You mad? Yep, I think you definitely mad.

Even still Dark Souls isn't your typical RPG, and has a lot of really engaging gameplay, most games now adays don't even bother making the player put any effort into planning or thinking things through, it is an extremely awarding experience when you make progress.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Master_ShakeXXX

I don't understand why they can't do both. All they need to do is provide several difficulty levels. This way the casual gamers and hardcore gamers can play and be satisfied. I would love the game to have some open world areas where multiple paths can be taken.
BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

blackace

I don't understand why they can't do both. All they need to do is provide several difficulty levels. This way the casual gamers and hardcore gamers can play and be satisfied. I would love the game to have some open world areas where multiple paths can be taken.

Dark Souls had tons of areas where multiple paths can be taken. Skyrim-like open world wouldnt work for Dark Souls imo, it needs every piece of its levels to be carefully designed - with all those traps, shortcuts, hidden paths, etc. A large plains with some random content here and there is not the way of Dark Souls.

Also, I dont like the idea of various difficulty levels. Im not sure why and I cannot logically explain it right now, but I just dont like it.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

blackace

People keep saying the game should have difficulty settings, but not only is that stupid and defeat half the purpose of playing a Souls game, but I don't see how it works with the Dark Souls type of online interaction. Like if I play a dickwraith am I never allowed to invade the babies in easy mode?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
still havnt finished demons souls.
Avatar image for 3Guilty_4Spark3
3Guilty_4Spark3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 3Guilty_4Spark3
Member since 2011 • 135 Posts

Hype.

Hope the new director doesn't fuch shjt up though.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

What do you think they'll improve/add to the game?BadNewsBen

I have not played it yet, but beat Demons Souls. It would be downright epic if they took it and set it in a more Zelda like style. I mean keep what evryone loves, but make it a bit more connected, story driven, exploration based experience.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BadNewsBen"]What do you think they'll improve/add to the game?NaveedLife

I have not played it yet, but beat Demons Souls. It would be downright epic if they took it and set it in a more Zelda like style. I mean keep what evryone loves, but make it a bit more connected, story driven, exploration based experience.

you'll love dark souls lol. dark souls is "what if we did a metroidvania with demon's souls combat and really dark, gothic setting?". it also has more of a story too.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="BadNewsBen"]What do you think they'll improve/add to the game?BrunoBRS

you'll love dark souls lol. dark souls is "what if we did a metroidvania with demon's souls combat and really dark, gothic setting?". it also has more of a story too.

:o

I should have bought it on Amazon when it was 15 bucks. Do you have it on PC? I gues with the mods and a controller it should be great. I have a controller so I see no problem.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

I should have bought it on Amazon when it was 15 bucks. Do you have it on PC? I gues with the mods and a controller it should be great. I have a controller so I see no problem.

the PC version, with the fix mod, is definitely the way to go. more stable framerate and the new content is packed in free. keep an eye out for it this christmas sale. the story is very, very subtle though. there is one, and it progresses throughout the game, but the game shines in its lore and backstory, so i recommend you pay as much attention as possible to those things. stuff like the name of places, item descriptions, NPC dialogue, even the environment. they not only enrich the world, but also the overarching story.
straightedge_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 straightedge_X
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] Nah, haven't lift in a long time :P

Then fight me IRL.

Place, date, time Come at me, bro.

You don't have to be so aggressive! :cry:
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] you'll love dark souls lol. dark souls is "what if we did a metroidvania with demon's souls combat and really dark, gothic setting?". it also has more of a story too.BrunoBRS

the PC version, with the fix mod, is definitely the way to go. more stable framerate and the new content is packed in free. keep an eye out for it this christmas sale. the story is very, very subtle though. there is one, and it progresses throughout the game, but the game shines in its lore and backstory, so i recommend you pay as much attention as possible to those things. stuff like the name of places, item descriptions, NPC dialogue, even the environment. they not only enrich the world, but also the overarching story.

Cool, I will definitley buy it this christmas sale :). I have been wanting a dark, moody, gothic adventure for awhile now.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

Cool, I will definitley buy it this christmas sale :). I have been wanting a dark, moody, gothic adventure for awhile now.

if you need help, i'm always online to answer some questions :P
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Giggity!

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

*Yawn*

Let me know when they announce Demon's Souls 2.

Obviously_Right

Why so it can be PS3 exclusive?? boo hoooo. Dark Souls is the better game. Thats why theres a sequel.

the only people who like demon's souls more are just ps3 fanboys. If dark souls was exclusive you would dry hump it.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

*Yawn*

Omega-316

Why so it can be PS3 exclusive?? boo hoooo. Dark Souls is the better game. Thats why theres a sequel.

the only people who like demon's souls more are just ps3 fanboys. If dark souls was exclusive you would dry hump it.

Not exactly, I love demon souls a bit more for just the sole fact that it has the tower of latria, one awesome area. That's one thing about darksouls, I kind of feel that the level design wasn't as diverse due to having it all be intertwined, it was still a great game but parts of demons souls I just liked more.
straightedge_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 straightedge_X
[QUOTE="Omega-316"]

*Yawn*

ReadingRainbow4

Not exactly, I love demon souls a bit more for just the sole fact that it has the tower of latria, one awesome area. That's one thing about darksouls, I kind of feel that the level design wasn't as diverse due to having it all be intertwined, it was still a great game but parts of demons souls I just liked more.

I was so terrified of that tower. One of my favorite atmospheres this gen.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

BrunoBRS

Everything you just mentioned as a possibility, would be a bad thing. Do you even know why we like these games? We like them because there is no sh*tty video game story forced upon us. We like them because they hand us the controls and say f*ck you, go do something now". Boy, if you're gonna respond to a veteran fan of these games you best have a basic understanding for why it is we appreciate them in the first place. You're clueless son.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Master_ShakeXXX

*Yawn*

Omega-316

You're a jackass.