Dark Souls II Announced! - New Info up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

They are going to add difficulty settings.ShadowDeathX

This could be true.

There were many complaints from newcommers on the difficulty stuff, and now from the new info released, they're stating they're introducing "new twists" for the single player campaign that all audiences are going to like.

Eh, Im down for that.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

They are going to add difficulty settings.ShadowDeathX
thats what peole at gaf are thinking but its hard to tell since (i believe) the edge magazine isnt out yet.

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

way to hard n such a pain in the @ss to get anywhere in the game

its a pass for me ... dying 50 million times is not my idea of fun ... i took on a bet to see if i couldn't beat dark souls n i sure couldn't ... or didn't really want to die 200 more times to do it

this games has no appeal while its good its just not that fun

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

its a pass for me ... dying 50 million times is not my idea of fun ... i took on a bet to see if i couldn't beat dark souls n i sure couldn't ... or didn't really want to die 200 more times to do it

ebrezzy1
Go back to playing CoD. Typical xbox gamer.
BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#205 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
[QUOTE="BadNewsBen"]Horrible memories Blightown, Anor Londo (If there is one moment in the history of my gaming career where I thought I would chuck my controller out of my window, Anor Londo was it), and running around with tons of souls desperately trying to find a bonfire are flooding back to me. Yet, I'm so excited about a Dark Souls ll, I almost want to give it a second run through.Grawse
The archers part? I went to like super sayain 3 rage during that omg.

Yep! That and the boss fight which I found to be just about impossible. Had to call someone into my world to help me out.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="Grawse"][QUOTE="BadNewsBen"]Horrible memories Blightown, Anor Londo (If there is one moment in the history of my gaming career where I thought I would chuck my controller out of my window, Anor Londo was it), and running around with tons of souls desperately trying to find a bonfire are flooding back to me. Yet, I'm so excited about a Dark Souls ll, I almost want to give it a second run through.BadNewsBen
The archers part? I went to like super sayain 3 rage during that omg.

Yep! That and the boss fight which I found to be just about impossible. Had to call someone into my world to help me out.

Did you not summon Solaire of Astora? Most boss fights, you can summon a NPC aid to help. Like Beatrice, Solaire or Lautrec.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

*Yawn*

Let me know when they announce Demon's Souls 2.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 tonitorsi

Hidetaka Myazaki, the director of the first Dark Souls, will not be directing Dark Souls 2.

Instead Dark Souls 2 will be "in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki."

It reads " As we find out in issue 249, the answers to these questions are in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable. But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters. I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle, he tells us. [Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable. We sympathise if that sort of statement concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls. How it gets there is a worthy matter for debate, but its certainly a noble task."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/08/dark-souls-2-and-the-fine-line-between-challenge-and-accessibility/

Some bits of new info until we get Edge's details.

It seems these new directors are hell bent on making it more approachable. They're aiming to keep th challenge, while introducing accessibility.

They also mention they are tring to make the prescense of Dark Souls as great as Skyrim. Which explains why the trailer looked so different in terms of design.

Hence, Dark Souls 2 is influenced by Skyrim.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#209 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

ebrezzy1
Because you suck? Great reason.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 ReadingRainbow4

Hidetaka Myazaki, the director of the first Dark Souls, will not be directing Dark Souls 2.

Instead Dark Souls 2 will be "in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki."

It reads " As we find out in issue 249, the answers to these questions are in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable. But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters. I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle, he tells us. [Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable. We sympathise if that sort of statement concerns you, but at the same time, we can surely agree that we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls. How it gets there is a worthy matter for debate, but its certainly a noble task."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/08/dark-souls-2-and-the-fine-line-between-challenge-and-accessibility/

It seems these new directors are hell bent on making it more approachable. They're aiming to keep th challenge, while introducing accessibility.

They also mention they are tring to make the prescense of Dark Souls as great as Skyrim. Which explains why the trailer looked so different in terms of design.

tonitorsi
Not liking the sound of this honestly.
theSADmafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#211 theSADmafioso
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

Best news in a long time for me! But the trailer is sadly a generic let down for me because it feels like something epic from Skyrim/Dragon Age, I hope this won't be the mood the actual game is going for, I expected despair, hardships etc from the gameplay trailer.

Omega-316

whats wrong with going the epic route?

Nothing wrong with it if you're into that. For me Demon's & Dark Souls are my favorite games this gen when it comes to atmosphere, setting & gameplay. I want them to continue making new world with improvements and not radical shift in focus. Basically how many games are just epic guy fighting and how many games are like Demon & Dark Souls. Let us fans have our unique games that were clearly successful. I personally hate Skyrim, Dragon Age etc and I would hate this franchise to end when it's just getting good and be reduced to another western run of the mill high fantasy setting. So my hope is that this trailer is just marketing and that the gameplay trailer will be more in line of what I would expect from a Souls game.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#212 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

What is this lol?:P

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

tonitorsi

Sounds like From Software wants to expand to a different audience to get more money, was bound to happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

ReadingRainbow4

Honestly? Me too :?

I can see this being disappointing now in some ways, but I hope not. Last thing any of us want to see is a more accessible Dark Souls that goes for mass appeal rather than just expanding on what the game does well. But I won't judge until I see more.

That statement took some wind out of my sails though, especially since they didn't say "if it concernes you don't worry, it will be like the first Dark Souls". They just said "if it concerns you, im sure you'd like to see Dark Souls have a bigger presence" kind of disheartening

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

Yangire

Sounds like From Software wants to expand to a different audience to get more money, was bound to happen.

I really hate this, Not every game should be for every type of person. accessibility is one thing but if they install a wheelchair ramp through the whole **** game and not just the beginning I'm going to be pretty pissed.

That's why we have genre's in the first place. I'm hoping for the best here but now I'm expecting the worse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 deactivated-59b71619573a1

What is this lol?:P

Wanderer5

lol what the hell :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 deactivated-59b71619573a1

I really hate this, Not every game should be for every type of person. accessibility is one thing but if they install a wheelchair ramp through the whole **** game and not just the beginning I'm going to be pretty pissed.

That's why we have genre's in the first place. I'm hoping for the best here but now I'm expecting the worse.

ReadingRainbow4

From a business standpoint I totally get it.

But that's not what gamers want from the series and I though from software knew this better than most devs. They made games for the players and not for the cash. But like someone said, this was bound to happen

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#218 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

ReadingRainbow4

Yeah.. though what raised a eyebrow:

I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle, he tells us. [Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable. Plus that he wants Dark Souls to be as popular as the Elder Scrolls series.

Things completely natural that i would also want in his shoes, i just hope it doesn't ruin what the first game is, and it improves upon it like how a good sequel should. They should just add some difficulty settings, thus you've got pleased gamers from all groups.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

seanmcloughlin

But that's not what gamers want from the series and I though from software knew this better than most devs. They made games for the players and not for the cash. But like someone said, this was bound to happen

hopefully the difficulty options restrict easy route carebears in a way. There's no way someone playing on the hardest difficulty should be getting the same rewards as someone who can barely parry. I know I sound like an elitist here but that's kind of the point, dark souls wasn't even that hard in the first place.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

Lucianu

I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle, he tells us. [Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable. Plus that he wants Dark Souls to be as popular as the Elder Scrolls series.

Things completely natural that i would also want in his shoes, i just hope it doesn't ruin what the first game is, and it improves upon it like how a good sequel should. They should just add some difficulty settings, thus you've got pleased gamers from all groups.

That was one of my favorite things about demon souls, the story was there if you looked but it didn't shove itself on you and treat you like a very special person like Bethesduh does.

It made sense from a lore standpoint also, The world had forgotten the old one even existed or how he was defeated in the first place, man kinds greed got the better of them once more and awakened an ancient evil once again. There was much more to the story than that, but yeah. Sometimes I really feel in story telling that less is more.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#221 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15564 Posts

tonitorsi

Ugh well I guess I'll just pack it in it's Dragon Age 2 all over again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

ReadingRainbow4

hopefully the difficulty options restrict easy route carebears in a way. There's no way someone playing on the hardest difficulty should be getting the same rewards as someone who can barely parry. I know I sound like an elitist here but that's kind of the point, dark souls wasn't even that hard in the first place.

The thing about Dark Souls is that it's all about overcoming huge hardship and getting that sense of relief and joy from overcoming obstacles put in your way to test your abilities. the game was never unfair and had the whole concept of "trial and error" down to a T. It was the epitome of good trial and error.

Making it easier or lowering difficulties into a mere hack n slash game means that that sense of relief is nulled, you have to try less to overcome these barriers thus lessening the experience overall. I know some people could just play high difficulty and some low but that skews the player base and splits up opinions on it.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

Vaasman

Ugh well I guess I'll just pack it in it's Dragon Age 2 all over again.

watch them introduce party members with branching dialogue options that ultimately evolve to black and white consequences. Don't f*ck with me from, don't do it.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Lucianu

That was one of my favorite things about demon souls, the story was there if you looked but it didn't shove itself on you and treat you like a very special person like Bethesduh does.

It made sense from a lore standpoint also, The world had forgotten the old one even existed or how he was defeated in the first place, man kinds greed got the better of them once more and awakened an ancient evil once again. There was much more to the story than that, but yeah. Sometimes I really feel in story telling that less is more.

ReadingRainbow4

Yeah, at first i thought Dark Souls was a brilliant dungeon crawler with no focus on any story, but it does have something amazing here. It's subtleness is.. a factor that i didn't get at first, which drives you forward, besides the excellent environment design and great combat.

It's ridiculously rare to find such great lore in a dungeon crawler. I hope they don't ditch that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Lucianu

Difficulty is one thing, but if they streamline the level design too and mae it all super easy to work your way around then that would suck. One of the best feelings in Dark Souls was taking this huge long path and when you g to the end of it you realised it connected back to a place youalready knew. You were like "holy sh!t I'm back here?"

I want a return to that stuff.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

The thing about Dark Souls is that it's all about overcoming huge hardship and getting that sense of relief and joy from overcoming obstacles put in your way to test your abilities. the game was never unfair and had the whole concept of "trial and error" down to a T. It was the epitome of good trial and error.

Making it easier or lowering difficulties into a mere hack n slash game means that that sense of relief is nulled, you have to try less to overcome these barriers thus lessening the experience overall. I know some people could just play high difficulty and some low but that skews the player base and splits up opinions on it.

Not only that, messing with the difficulty is going to screw up the design of the game itself. I just know it will and might even find it's way towards making level design more forgiving. I'll wait with baited breath but This new director has me on edge.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Lucianu

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

seanmcloughlin

Difficulty is one thing, but if they streamline the level design too and mae it all super easy to work your way around then that would suck. One of the best feelings in Dark Souls was taking this huge long path and when you g to the end of it you realised it connected back to a place youalready knew. You were like "holy sh!t I'm back here?"

I want a return to that stuff.

That would be f*cking horrible. Jesus. But there's no point in throwing around 'worse case scenario' theories, there's barely anything to go by. I'm going to put this on the side line and wait for more info.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#228 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

to be honest there was a spot in dark souls that i felt cheated. In demon souls I never got that feeling. Thats a reason why I feel demon souls was a better game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Not only that, messing with the difficulty is going to screw up the design of the game itself. I just know it will and might even find it's way towards making level design more forgiving. I'll wait with baited breath but This new director has me on edge.ReadingRainbow4

I will likely be on edge until I see some gameplay

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Vaasman

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"] hopefully the difficulty options restrict easy route carebears in a way. There's no way someone playing on the hardest difficulty should be getting the same rewards as someone who can barely parry. I know I sound like an elitist here but that's kind of the point, dark souls wasn't even that hard in the first place.ReadingRainbow4

Not only that, messing with the difficulty is going to screw up the design of the game itself. I just know it will and might even find it's way towards making level design more forgiving. I'll wait with baited breath but This new director has me on edge.

"We heard that babbies couldn't look for traps therefore there will be no more traps. Also you will never have to fight 2 bosses at once babbies didn't like kiting and being careful. Also the game has nappy time mode. The game tucks you in and heats up your bottle and instead of a game, the mellow narrator will read you a bed time story."

I can see it now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 deactivated-59b71619573a1

to be honest there was a spot in dark souls that i felt cheated. In demon souls I never got that feeling. Thats a reason why I feel demon souls was a better game.

finalfantasy94

Only spot I felt it was unfair was those archery knights in annor londo. Everything besides that was fine.

And one spot doesn't make a whole pile of difference in such a huge game full of greatness

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Also, this game better have proper matchmaking and allow you to search for friends' worlds. No more of this "sit around for 10 minutes, waiting for the white sign to appear, while constantly exiting and restarting the game to make sure you are on the same server" bullsh!t.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#233 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

seanmcloughlin

Only spot I felt it was unfair was those archery knights in annor londo. Everything besides that was fine.

And one spot doesn't make a whole pile of difference in such a huge game full of greatness

not saying game is terrible. Im just comparing it to its previous outing. Its just that experiances weighed it down for me.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

seanmcloughlin

"We heard that babbies couldn't look for traps therefore there will be no more traps. Also you will never have to fight 2 bosses at once babbies didn't like kiting and being careful. Also the game has nappy time mode. The game tucks you in and heats up your bottle and instead of a game, the mellow narrator will read you a bed time story."

I can see it now.

This just in, Jay wilson has made his way to japan to discuss aspects of game design with the souls team. "Guys remember if it's too interesting in anyway it never was and never will be fun."
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Only spot I felt it was unfair was those archery knights in annor londo. Everything besides that was fine.seanmcloughlin
Why does everyone say these guys are hard? I just only ever ran up to the guy on the right, got him to chase after me, and he almost always fell to his demise because of the terrible AI pathfinding.
tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 tonitorsi

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]Not only that, messing with the difficulty is going to screw up the design of the game itself. I just know it will and might even find it's way towards making level design more forgiving. I'll wait with baited breath but This new director has me on edge.seanmcloughlin

Dark Souls ws not perfect too. There were some shady stuff like game breaking bugs, the input lag online, getting 1-shotted by backstabs online and the lack of servers and framerate dips on consoles might as well be added to the list. The stats feature needs some work as well since Resistance is blatantly futile. There was even some input lag present on the single player campaign. (mostly noticeable in Boss fights))

It needs some healthy twists, for sure.

If these new directors are willing to change the formula to a more efficient one and erasing these errors in the process, Im down for that.

Not to mention, Im actually liking their design style the more I watch the trailer.
It seems more "light" and cinematic (my cup of tea)....which was a piece missing in Dark Souls, its more direct as to how it tries to get its point across story-wise, seems like its going to take itself more serious on character development (new protagonist) and the most important thing: Its got a story.

Which was pretty much non-existant in Dark Souls. Not that that is a bad thing, since the dark atmopshere and gameplay elements more than make up for it.

But in my opinion, Dark Souls was missing these many certain "oomphs" to it, to really make it stand out.

The ideas these directors have, seem to go in the right trajectory to make that happen.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Vaasman

This just in, Jay wilson has made his way to japan to discuss aspects of game design with the souls team. "Guys remember if it's too interesting in anyway it never was and never will be fun."ReadingRainbow4

Jay wilsonReadingRainbow4

515.gif

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]Not only that, messing with the difficulty is going to screw up the design of the game itself. I just know it will and might even find it's way towards making level design more forgiving. I'll wait with baited breath but This new director has me on edge.tonitorsi

Dark Souls ws not perfect too. There were some shady stuff like game breaking bugs, the input lag online, getting 1-shotted by backstabs online and the lack of servers and framerate dips on consoles might as well be added to the list. The stats feature needs some work as well since Resistance is blatantly futile. There was even some input lag present on the single player campaign. (mostly noticeable in Boss fights))

If these new directors are willing to change the formula to a more efficient one and erasing these errors in the process, Im down for that.

Not to mention, Im actually liking their design style the more I watch the trailer.
It seems more "light" and cinematic (my cup of tea)....which was a piece missing in Dark Souls, its more direct as to how it tries to get its point across story-wise, seems like its going to take itself more serious on character development (new protagonist) and the most important thing: Its got a story.

Which was pretty much non-existant in Dark Souls. Not that that is a bad thing, since the dark atmopshere and gameplay elements more than make up for it.

But in my opinion, Dark Souls was missing these many certain "oomphs" to it, to really make it stand out.

The ideas these directors have, seem to go in the right trajectory to make that happen.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#241 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

tonitorsi

Oh god. And just like that the game was ruined.

F*ck these new guys. F*ck them. **** them **** them **** them **** them **** them

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#242 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]I kinda wish it was another Spiritual Successor and not a direct sequel. Although I'm extremely excited for this game, I hope they don't change things to appeal to a wider audience now.

They could have done that for Dark Souls but didn't. I think they know how to make it right. I hope they brings back the creepy dark atmosphere of Demons Souls and add some weapon variety that don't suck unless it's a katana or spear.. seriously I'm getting tired of the katana.

Yeah, but they changed directors.
Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

Master_ShakeXXX

F*ck these new guys. F*ck them. **** them **** them **** them **** them **** them

dont worry, the games not released yet so we can still imagine its the best
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 PinnacleGamingP
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]I kinda wish it was another Spiritual Successor and not a direct sequel. Although I'm extremely excited for this game, I hope they don't change things to appeal to a wider audience now.

They could have done that for Dark Souls but didn't. I think they know how to make it right. I hope they brings back the creepy dark atmosphere of Demons Souls and add some weapon variety that don't suck unless it's a katana or spear.. seriously I'm getting tired of the katana.

Yeah, but they changed directors.

its ok, everybody just calm down, they have 2 directors now which will pretty much mean a lost direction unless they are in a solid state of frame together, but the game isnt released yet so we can still hope!!
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#245 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

PinnacleGamingP

That article pretty much sets it in stone. The game is going to suck.

"[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable"

"we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls"

Those two quotes spell out exactly what they're planning on doing. Expect the game to have a fully detailed map, an objective marker telling you exactly where you're supposed to go at all times, tips and hints being thrown at you every f*cking minute, etc. Basically everything that is against what Demon's and Dark Souls stood for. I F*CKING HATE THEM!

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

If they add some more storyline with addition to the gameplay I will check it out.

If not, meh:| . Demons Souls is still one of the only games I regret paying a full $60 for.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#247 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Only way I'll buy is if the game world is more open, there is an actual up front story, and combat system is improved.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 tonitorsi

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

ReadingRainbow4

tumblr_lqe1xwTCMK1qcr1px.gif

You disagree, friend?

PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 PinnacleGamingP

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

That article pretty much sets it in stone. The game is going to suck.

"[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable"

"we would all like to see Dark Souls attain as great a presence as The Elder Scrolls"

Those two quotes spell out exactly what they're planning on doing. Expect the game to have a fully detailed map, an objective marker telling you exactly where you're supposed to go at all times, tips and hints being thrown at you every f*cking minute, etc. Basically everything that is against what Demon's and Dark Souls stood for. I F*CKING HATE THEM!

hopefully new coop will make up for this, and save us some stress and sleep anyways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]Only spot I felt it was unfair was those archery knights in annor londo. Everything besides that was fine.Zeviander
Why does everyone say these guys are hard? I just only ever ran up to the guy on the right, got him to chase after me, and he almost always fell to his demise because of the terrible AI pathfinding.

Not hard, just felt a bit cheap. To have such a knock back on a tiny ledge.