Dark Souls II Announced! - New Info up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by nervmeister (15293 posts) -

Best news in a long time for me! But the trailer is sadly a generic let down for me because it feels like something epic from Skyrim/Dragon Age, I hope this won't be the mood the actual game is going for, I expected despair, hardships etc from the gameplay trailer.

theSADmafioso
Yeah. I'm a bit concerned as well due to the high-budget trailer. Though if the same dev team is behind it, it likely wont suffer from "mainstream syndrome".
#152 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

I have to finish Dark Souls 1 as soon as possible now.nervmeister

I got it day one, but I have yet to finish it once. I just feel like the lack of second chances means if I screw up a plot line or cause an important NPC to die or go hollow or whatever, I can't go back from that, so I stress about it and put the game off (and also I want to see as much of it as I can the first time so I end up grinding a ton to raise my covenant levels and unlock stuff).

I'm getting there, and with DSII coming out I will definitely power through it and maybe even finish an NG+ run to get both endings.

#153 Posted by Heil68 (45769 posts) -
mehmems_1224
#154 Posted by Grawse (4342 posts) -
Wow, can't wait. Got stuck on the DLC, lulz. Dark Souls isn't really a game you could just turn on and play. Have over 100 hours but too rusty :(
#155 Posted by Grawse (4342 posts) -
Horrible memories Blightown, Anor Londo (If there is one moment in the history of my gaming career where I thought I would chuck my controller out of my window, Anor Londo was it), and running around with tons of souls desperately trying to find a bonfire are flooding back to me. Yet, I'm so excited about a Dark Souls ll, I almost want to give it a second run through.BadNewsBen
The archers part? I went to like super sayain 3 rage during that omg.
#156 Posted by nervmeister (15293 posts) -
and add some weapon variety that don't suck unless it's a katana or spear.. seriously I'm getting tired of the katana. themyth01
So far, the bandit's dagger has been my fave due to its critical hit potential combined with lightness.
#157 Posted by silversix_ (15005 posts) -
OMFG THIS WILL BE E-P-I-C.
#158 Posted by immortality20 (7958 posts) -

Ah, the irony. Any other franchise doing 3 games so close together would be called milked, overused and stupid. Media darlings don't get that though.

I'm happy about it, it's nice to know niche games can make profits, breathe easy Suda 51!

I still haven't played Dark Souls so gotta get that sometime. Also weird they put 2 at the end of this instead of a different Souls name.

#159 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2166 posts) -

Ah, the irony. Any other franchise doing 3 games so close together would be called milked, overused and stupid. Media darlings don't get that though.

I'm happy about it, it's nice to know niche games can make profits, breathe easy Suda 51!

I still haven't played Dark Souls so gotta get that sometime. Also weird they put 2 at the end of this instead of a different Souls name.

immortality20

It's not as bad as COD or Assassin's Creed. If this releases next year it'll be 2 years since Dark Souls was released, and that was 2 years after Demons Souls. That seems like an appropriate time, seeing as it gives them a 3 year development cycle probably.

#160 Posted by silversix_ (15005 posts) -
watched the trailer 6 times in a row lol holy f*ck! i haven't been excited for a game like that in a long ass time. Hopefully the money they made won't be wasted in *amazing looking cutsceens*, voice acting, epic looking quick time events (ala gowIII) but in a new engine that looks GOOD. Gameplay and voice acting is already perfect and needs zero improvements but engine looks bad. If a Souls game finally manages to look good and has same amazing gameplay it already has, this may be the best game released in the past 20 years, that's right, that good! So, i wish it to be bigger (bigger=more exploration=better) and look good visually, that is all.
#161 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -

immortality20
this series set the standard for 360 sucking though
#162 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
No Wii U version? Lol.
#163 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I really hope this makes it to next gen consoles as well.

#164 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
No Wii U version? Lol.straightedge_X
was too much even for after hour gaming
#165 Posted by mems_1224 (47452 posts) -
I have 0 interest in this game but is there any chance that they do real co-op? cause i would get super hyped for this if i could play with a friend all the way through.
#166 Posted by silversix_ (15005 posts) -

I have 0 interest in this game but is there any chance that they do real co-op? cause i would get super hyped for this if i could play with a friend all the way through.mems_1224
they have servers now, playing with friend won't be a problem.

#167 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]I have 0 interest in this game but is there any chance that they do real co-op? cause i would get super hyped for this if i could play with a friend all the way through.silversix_

they have servers now, playing with friend won't be a problem.

Thank God. It's officially my second most anticipated game of 2013, right behind GTA V.
#168 Posted by CTR360 (7174 posts) -
day one purhase for 360 and ps3 for me hell yes
#169 Posted by freedomfreak (41448 posts) -
That's cool, I guess. I have DS but I just stopped paying. I might pick it up again, but I have no intentions of doing it in the near future.
#170 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]That's cool, I guess. I have DS but I just stopped paying. I might pick it up again, but I have no intentions of doing it in the near future.

:shock:

Who's the new chick?
#171 Posted by freedomfreak (41448 posts) -
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]That's cool, I guess. I have DS but I just stopped paying. I might pick it up again, but I have no intentions of doing it in the near future.

Who's the new chick?

She has a nice name. Jenn Croft.
#172 Posted by Loegi (1692 posts) -
PC day one, and servers. This sounds good.

and attract new comers to the series.Carlson Choi

I hope they don't go overboard with this though, that's recipe for disaster.
#173 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25810 posts) -

tumblr_mah0lykhAz1rt2en5.gif

F*ck yeah.

#174 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]That's cool, I guess. I have DS but I just stopped paying. I might pick it up again, but I have no intentions of doing it in the near future.

Who's the new chick?

Better hair than Citra that's for sure.
#175 Posted by freedomfreak (41448 posts) -
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"] :shock:

Who's the new chick?

:x
#176 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] She has a nice name. Jenn Croft.

#177 Posted by freedomfreak (41448 posts) -
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="straightedge_X"] Better hair than Citra that's for sure.

:3
#178 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
*Poop*freedomfreak
#179 Posted by MaskedPlayer (979 posts) -

The video isnt working.

#180 Posted by Stringerboy (7147 posts) -

dark souls 1 didint do it for me like demon souls. So not really all that excited.

finalfantasy94

Yeah, it was a still a good game but the atmosphere and plot was lacking for me.

#181 Posted by freedomfreak (41448 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]*Poop*straightedge_X

Go Rick yourself :x
#182 Posted by straightedge_X (737 posts) -
[QUOTE="straightedge_X"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]*Poop*freedomfreak

Go Rick yourself :x

That's my brothers name. :shock:
#183 Posted by ArisShadows (22664 posts) -
Day 1..
#184 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2699 posts) -

It's super cheap... Do I bite?

charizard1605

If you liked Mario on NES, you are gonna love this. And no, this is not sarcasm, Im being serious.

#185 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

They are going to make a samey sequel this time aren't they : (jg4xchamp

That's a bad thing?

Who gives a sh*t!?

#186 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

I really need to play Demon's Souls so I can actually play Dark Soulsfunsohng

Their stories are not related, at all. You don't need to play Demon's to enjoy Dark Souls. Definitely still play both though, if you can.

#187 Posted by padaporra (3432 posts) -

Interesting. I enjoyed Dark Souls so I'm looking foward to this.

#188 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4733 posts) -

Easily one of the best announcements of VGA. And the CGI looked amazing, something to you wouldn't have expected FS to pull off due to their history with graphics.

I can't wait for this.

tonitorsi

It was most likely outsourced

#189 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25840 posts) -

Your Game of the Year for when this game is released has been Announced! So much hype!

#190 Posted by jg4xchamp (48723 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]They are going to make a samey sequel this time aren't they : (Master_ShakeXXX

That's a bad thing?

Who gives a sh*t!?

I do hoe. And yes giving me a similar experience to a game I've already played is the type of stuff that creates fatigue. Dark Souls may have been similar to Demon's Souls, but they were willing to mess with the structure, and add stuff like Covenants. Gave the game some new life, while also improving a game that's mostly similar. I want them to go forward with it. Not make Dark Souls 2 like every other f*cking sequel ever.
#191 Posted by parkurtommo (27381 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it will come out on PC too, considering the comercial success of the original port. And this time we can expect a genuinely decent port instead of a crappy, late one.

#192 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it will come out on PC too, considering the comercial success of the original port. And this time we can expect a genuinely decent port instead of a crappy, late one.

parkurtommo

It's already been confirmed for 360, PS3, PC.

#193 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2699 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]They are going to make a samey sequel this time aren't they : (jg4xchamp

That's a bad thing?

Who gives a sh*t!?

I do hoe. And yes giving me a similar experience to a game I've already played is the type of stuff that creates fatigue. Dark Souls may have been similar to Demon's Souls, but they were willing to mess with the structure, and add stuff like Covenants. Gave the game some new life, while also improving a game that's mostly similar. I want them to go forward with it. Not make Dark Souls 2 like every other f*cking sequel ever.

I have full faith in From Software in this matter. The formula of Souls games is still fresh and there is a LOT of space for evolution. And according to the difference between Demons Souls and Dark Souls I believe From Software ppl are fully aware thereof.

I hope they shall keep the story-telling minimalistic and they could rise the difficulty a bit further, Dark Souls wasnt that hard once you learned how to play it.

#194 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]They are going to make a samey sequel this time aren't they : (jg4xchamp

That's a bad thing?

Who gives a sh*t!?

As long as they maintain the same level of quality in their level design, combat, difficulty balance, and bosses, then it's perfectly fine. It's already an original and winning formula. There's no need to make any drastic changes if they keep meeting the high standards set by Demon's and Dark Souls.

#195 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10692 posts) -
They are going to add difficulty settings.
#196 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

$20 pick up, DS dropped so fast.

#197 Posted by Omega-316 (789 posts) -

Best news in a long time for me! But the trailer is sadly a generic let down for me because it feels like something epic from Skyrim/Dragon Age, I hope this won't be the mood the actual game is going for, I expected despair, hardships etc from the gameplay trailer.

theSADmafioso

whats wrong with going the epic route?

#198 Posted by Omega-316 (789 posts) -

They are going to add difficulty settings.ShadowDeathX
hmmmm dont know how to feel about that...

#199 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -
Well, hopefully they don't mess much else up.
#200 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2699 posts) -

I sure hope they arent, but if they are, Im gonne play it on the hardest :cool: