Dark Souls II Announced! - New Info up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Trailer

Decided to make a seperate thread for people who aren't watching the VGA's.

Day f*cking 1!

Since that trailer got taken down, here's another link.

Players seeking to share their experience will discover a revamped server-based multiplayer mode that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing with others.

This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series. The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey.Tomohiro Shibuya

Link

#2 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2278 posts) -

Day 1 Collector's Edition will pre-order when I can. Way too excited. Game of the gen confirmed (if it's on current gen systems)

#3 Posted by mems_1224 (48290 posts) -
meh
#4 Posted by BadNewsBen (1493 posts) -
My night has been made!
#5 Posted by themajormayor (24130 posts) -
FFS :evil:
#6 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

I Came

#7 Posted by Cheleman (7865 posts) -

Day 1.

#8 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2278 posts) -

I Came

AdamPA1006

Me too, way too much D:

#9 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Day 1 Collector's Edition will pre-order when I can. Way too excited. Game of the gen confirmed (if it's on current gen systems)

NoirLamia777

Getting the LE as well. DkS, was my 2011 GOTY, hoping DkS2 xan do so as well.

#10 Posted by BadNewsBen (1493 posts) -
Dark Souls was easily my favorite game of 2011. Just jumped up to number one on my most anticipated games.
#11 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Day 1.
#13 Posted by straightedge_X (712 posts) -
#14 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2278 posts) -

Dark Souls was myy 2011 Game of the Year as well and was my current Game of the Gen. Please don't let me down DS2!

#16 Posted by themajormayor (24130 posts) -

Eh was kinda hoping for a sequel to Demons Souls.

Stringerboy
#17 Posted by vashkey (33766 posts) -
Hmm, I figured they'd just change the first word in the title. Makes since though, they only changed it to Dark cuz Sony owns Demon Souls.
#18 Posted by tonitorsi (8613 posts) -

Easily one of the best announcements of VGA. And the CGI looked amazing, something to you wouldn't have expected FS to pull off due to their history with graphics.

I can't wait for this.

#19 Posted by BadNewsBen (1493 posts) -
What do you think they'll improve/add to the game?
#20 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6624 posts) -
Fvck yes
#21 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22550 posts) -
My body is f*cking ready.
#22 Posted by themajormayor (24130 posts) -
Hope they're not trying to make it "hard" again lol
#23 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
Woo hooo! Day fvcking one! Hopefully there'll be a PC version released at the same time as consoles version.
#24 Posted by themajormayor (24130 posts) -
What do you think they'll improve/add to the game?BadNewsBen
Hopefully they'll improve upon everything. I'd also like to see it to be open world with Demon's Souls level areas filling the map.
#25 Posted by MonsieurX (31526 posts) -
What do you think they'll improve/add to the game?BadNewsBen
More deaths
#26 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
video removed by the user. need new one now, because youtube search gets stupider by the day.
#27 Posted by mems_1224 (48290 posts) -
ok. that trailer was pretty damn good.
#28 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43208 posts) -
Another one?
#29 Posted by jg4xchamp (49717 posts) -
They are going to make a samey sequel this time aren't they : (
#30 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -

http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer

Here is another video link

#31 Posted by funsohng (28890 posts) -
I really need to play Demon's Souls so I can actually play Dark Souls
#32 Posted by themajormayor (24130 posts) -
Pay attention to me plz
#33 Posted by charizard1605 (60709 posts) -
Still need to play the first one :P
#34 Posted by Bangerman15 (1978 posts) -
IM READY FOR THIS GAME. the question is though... will they release it on pc? :o
#35 Posted by Vaasman (11740 posts) -

f2c.jpg.

#36 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -
They are going to make a samey sequel this time aren't they : (jg4xchamp
Isn´t that what Dark Souls is to Demon´s Souls anyway?
#37 Posted by Chutebox (37981 posts) -

Day 1.

Cheleman
Can't freaking wait!
#38 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3244 posts) -

Im so ready!:cry:

#39 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer

Here is another video link

MercenaryMafia

Thanks, add to the op.

#40 Posted by Trinitarian (1315 posts) -
The only thing that can out match this is the second coming of Jesus Christ lol.
#41 Posted by Vaasman (11740 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]They are going to make a samey sequel this time aren't they : (MrYaotubo

Not necessarily. The core gameplay was the same but the structure of the world was completely different, more in the style of a 3d metroidvania adventure title, as opposed to straight dungeon crawler.

#42 Posted by jg4xchamp (49717 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]They are going to make a samey sequel this time aren't they : (MrYaotubo

Not really. Game added some new stuff like Covenants, and the structural difference was more in line with say a Metroid/Castlevania than the structure of Demon's Souls. Similar base, but there was enough changes/additions to make it better or up to snuff depending on what camp you fall into(I felt it didn't carry nearly the same initial magic that Demon's Souls had). Plus it was the 2nd game. If fatigue was a slight issue in the 2nd game, it'll be a major issue come the third time. At least that's how I am. So I hope they mix it up a lot more this time.
#43 Posted by Sword-Demon (7001 posts) -
I really need to play Demon's Souls so I can actually play Dark Soulsfunsohng
You don't need to play Demon's Souls to play Dark Souls. Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls, not a sequel; they exist in different universes.
#44 Posted by themajormayor (24130 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"]I really need to play Demon's Souls so I can actually play Dark SoulsSword-Demon
You don't need to play Demon's Souls to play Dark Souls. Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls, not a sequel; they exist in different universes.

You should only play Demon's Souls though since it's the GOAT while Dark Souls is crap.
#45 Posted by funsohng (28890 posts) -
[QUOTE="funsohng"]I really need to play Demon's Souls so I can actually play Dark SoulsSword-Demon

I just want to finish it up before starting Dark Souls.
#46 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17265 posts) -

Looked more like a trailer for a new Dragon Age game to me.

#47 Posted by jdc6305 (3986 posts) -

I just finished dark souls two week ago. I've had the game since launch and put 160 hours into it. One of the best gaming experiances this generation. I'm foaming at the mouth for a sequil. I had no idea they'd announce a sequil this soon and this late in the generation. I thought I was gonna have to wait till next gen.

#48 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

If this isn't for new systems...well, I won't be surprised but I'll be disappointed.

#49 Posted by JameMcCabe (326 posts) -
Another emo game...
#50 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15958 posts) -
Another one?Stevo_the_gamer
This is the same thing I say whenever the next elder scrolls rolls around :P.