Cyberpunk 2077 is near the release day and what better way to get all hype now! GS Reviews gives it 7/10!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@MirkoS77:

:D

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#302 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59314 Posts

@MirkoS77: Sadly, this is how gaming journalists view gamers now.

On the plus side, they aren't actually Nazis, just time traveled pretending to be one.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#303 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56399 Posts

@KiZZo1 said:

Oh man, omg, oh, my sides, hahahahahahahaaa, I think GS has called it right this time.

Wow! I see 2 big difference while using RT mode. I hope my RTX 2070 can handle the power of that magnitude.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#304 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@seba20007: yeah, but removing denuvo isn't going to be a cure. The perfornance cost here is enormous - well outside what we've seen in the past for denuvo as far as I can remember. Even with the performance gains, this thing is going to eat hardware for breakfast barring some more optimization through patches (one of the other reviews in this thread said the mid-review patch made a big performance difference, so... fingers crossed)

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@MirkoS77: Sadly, this is how gaming journalists view gamers now.

On the plus side, they aren't actually Nazis, just time traveled pretending to be one.

Nah, they aren't perceived as nazis. They are perceived as an unprofessional bunch that spends more time with political bullshit and whining about themes most gamers don't really care about.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#306 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Been wondering, is CDPR ashamed of their console version? Why aren't the reviewers allowed to show the console version when its what will sell most? I just want to see the Xbone version. It will be so beautiful in 16fps.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#309 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70387 Posts

@Gaming-Planet: Its an opinion, so they can take off points for whatever reason.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#310 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Its reviewed by Kallie Plagge. These type of people are more interested in scoring a game based on how much woke representation the game has.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 xantufrog  Moderator

@davillain-: yeah i read in a few reviews the RT has a HUGE impact (visually, not just on performance, lol)

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#312 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@Pedro said:

@Gaming-Planet: Its an opinion, so they can take off points for whatever reason.

More like an agenda.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 DaVillain  Moderator

@xantufrog said:

@davillain-: yeah i read in a few reviews the RT has a HUGE impact (visually, not just on performance, lol)

Only one way to find out tomorrow as I'll be able to play it before 10th.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:
@Pedro said:

More like an agenda.

What would be the agenda?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@Gaming-Planet: give it a rest. You have like a dozen posts in the review and are calling people "woke imperialists" left and right. If you don't like it here that much, you can go

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By Gaming-Planet
@xantufrog said:

@Gaming-Planet: give it a rest. You have like a dozen posts in the review and are calling people "woke imperialists" left and right. If you don't like it here that much, you can go

And you have dozens of posts trying to defend the integrity of the reviewer when people are just trying to call her out.

What's your point? If you don't like the users on here with polarizing opinions, you're free to leave as well. We're all entitled to our own opinion just like you are.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@Gaming-Planet: yeah... no. That's not how this works. Your posts are disruptive and harassment of other users, and mine are moderating. Last word on this. Give it a rest or find another site

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 Gaming-Planet
@gym_lion said:
@Gaming-Planet said:
@Pedro said:

More like an agenda.

What would be the agenda?

No point in discussing it here because that's not what this thread is about. You can look at the comments to get an idea, albeit it's getting a bit out of hand and pretty toxic.

Regardless, I look forward to playing this game come Thursday. A 7/10 review from one site for ridiculous reasons isn't going to change anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Raytracing in this game looks nuts. I'm 100% turning it on medium or higher. I'll play at 30fps (barf) if I have to...

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#320 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Although I called the reasons why the score was going to be lower here on GameSpot, the reviewer is perfectly clear in expressing and justifying her opinion and score. Plus her justification for a 7/10 are far from being all political as she points out technical and design issues too, that the typical snowflakes are willingly ignoring.

7/10 is still a pretty positive. It's not like she's one of those idiots that's giving 0/10 to TLoU2 because her feelings were hurt.

Reviewer are entitled to their own opinions, and should justified them, as she does. That's the whole value of a review. That's also why aggregation sites are valuable too.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46648 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Raytracing in this game looks nuts. I'm 100% turning it on medium or higher. I'll play at 30fps (barf) if I have to...

Game is future proofed, I'll happily play this on the RTX4000 or RTX5000 series, lmao

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8508 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#323 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44678 Posts

People flipping out about this are being stupid. A 7/10 is still good. Reviewer voices frustration with glitches. And overall the collective reception is overwhmingly positive when taking all reviews into account. The 40 minute video discussion has a lot more of an in depth discussion to point out game's strength and flaws. This review will be inconsequential as game likely to still sell well. GS will still likely devote a lot of coverage to it.

Honestly, diversity of opinions is something missing from gaming journalism for years. I get more upset when reviewers at large shit on a game that has more redeeming qualities than anybody cares to admit or never took time or effort to discover, or when everyone praises an awful game either to conform or too afraid to suffer backlash.

And nothing in this review or coverage says there's a heavy handed social-political motive involved here. Rather it's those jumping to such conclusions that seem to be making this even an issue.

This whole thing where reviewers and YouTubers and public regurgitate the same talking points and opinions really ruins gaming journalism and social networks. It's an obnoxious echo-chamber where nobody ever tries to give an honest opinion, just conform to the stronger prevailing attitudes.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#324 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59314 Posts

This game looks like it would work fine at 30-40fps.

Not ideal, but wouldn't cry about it. And from the demanding specs, looks like most people will be playing at that.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#326 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Another gem from CDPR. Gonna love this

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

Honestly I don't think bugs should be a factor in game reviews especially since the reviewer is playing a pre release version. If they reviewed a production copy that's a different story.

As for the reviewer herself whether she's an sjw or whatever that's just dumb. People complaining about it are just fools. She stated that she didn't like the story itself but enjoyed playing the side quests and the games. That's a pretty big knock on the game. In my opinion, its pretty hard to do a game on distipian future. Maybe the game tried to be too ambitious. Still I think its a good game to play through

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Just bought and pre-loaded the game. Gonna play a small part, just to see how this comp runs the game, but gonna dive into it when my new comp is up-and-running in a couple weeks (with any luck).

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I wonder why they have the ps5/SeX updates coming out next year. With the amount of bugs reviewers are posting, this almost sounds like it needed another 4 months to bake but I guess that would have hurt their reputation a bit.

So - Do i get PC version on a 7700k with GTX 1070 or the PS5 version? My PC is meh, and PS5 version won't be top notch until next year.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 DaVillain  Moderator

I'm hoping I can create my main character Motoko Kusanagi (aka Major) from Ghost in the Shell in the character creation since Cyberpunk 2077 is based on the anime of course.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Just skimmed through that launch trailer. Why are streets (driving sections) in the future always so empty? Reminds me of the live action Ghost in the Shell movie, how Kusanagi and Batou drive down empty streets and highways. You never see the hellish overpopulation and crowding of Blade Runner. I'm a good video game driver. I know how to navigate traffic.

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

I just read the GS review and it kinda turned me off. It's funny because one of the things I mentioned in SW from a previous trailer was one of the things that she mentioned. I was thinking about giving this a shot because I'm a fan of Keanu's work but I'll pass. Hope everyone else enjoys...

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

Just skimmed through that launch trailer. Why are streets (driving sections) in the future always so empty? Reminds me of the live action Ghost in the Shell movie, how Kusanagi and Batou drive down empty streets and highways. You never see the hellish overpopulation and crowding of Blade Runner. I'm a good video game driver. I know how to navigate traffic.

Hardware limitations.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@fedor said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Hardware limitations.

I bet it's because they just want the player to be able to get from point A to point B, since open world design generally feels wasted and tedious. But if it is because of hardware limitations, then give me weaker graphics. Empty city streets look terrible.

I should mention that the live action Ghost in the Shell takes place in HONG KONG. Yet, empty streets.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 xantufrog  Moderator

@blaznwiipspman1: see, i don't know. The bugs sound PERVASIVE. Even that very enthusiastic yongyeah review above just trips on its face when he gets to this point. He talks for what feels like an eternity listing the bugs he encountered and they are bad.

So then the question becomes - what reviewer could ignore this? It's borderlines game breaking at points. He literally had to reload and re-run missions to have things progress as intended. It hurts their ability to properly assess whether the game has a lame design limitation or whether something was supposed to happen but just didn't because of a bug. Plus, there's no way all of that will be ironed out by release... and one also has to ask, how could CDPR send it in that shape to reviewers?

IMO it's a solid negative. They really jumped the gun on this one, that's clear, having delayed it directly against their promises a couple of times and then still sending it off this way

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:
@fedor said:
@ezekiel43 said:

Hardware limitations.

I bet it's because they just want the player to be able to get from point A to point B, since open world design generally feels wasted and tedious. But if it is because of hardware limitations, then give me weaker graphics. Empty city streets look terrible.

I should mention that the live action Ghost in the Shell takes place in HONG KONG. Yet, empty streets.

PC version is reported to have crowd density sliders and there's plenty of footage of busy streets if you're worried about that sort of thing. RIP consoles though.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@xantufrog: I agree but the problem with bugs and such is that they do get resolved eventually. Hell, the game is getting a massive 43gb patch on day one. It might not solve everything but it will definitely go a long way.

The review should focus on the gameplay aspects as much as possible. What if the game gets fixed up within a week, or a month of release date. Someone who buys this game on release date will have a totally different experience from the reviewer, because the launch date patch is massive and likely fix alot of gripes the reviewer had in the first place. Another person who buys it a month or a few months from now will have an almost flawless experience. At that point the review of the game becomes irrelevant because it focused on bugs that were present in the pre release version.

If the reviewer thinks the game is bad because of the gameplay or story or visuals, then that is legitimate gripe.

I do agree the developer rushed this game to get it through for the holidays. Theres no denying that. But thats the real world thats how it works.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1:People need to at least know about the bugs, whether they factor into scores or not. They are a negative aspect of any game. If a critic doesn't talk about it, they are simply not doing their jobs.

Besides, the idea that game breaking bugs will be alleviated post-release with patches is not a guarantee. Look at Bethesda games. If reviewers cut devs slack on the functionality of their games, they will have less reason to fix those problems.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

I am so glad i have Demon's for a few more months. When i am done with it, hopefully Cp2077 bugs will be ironed out and i'll have a proper gaming experience.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

Cyberpunk 2077 dangerous to play 🤣😂

Loading Video...

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@davillain-: Holy crap I loved Ghost in the Shell and I didn't even think of that!

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 blaznwiipspman1

@vl4d_l3nin said:

@blaznwiipspman1:People need to at least know about the bugs, whether they factor into scores or not. They are a negative aspect of any game. If a critic doesn't talk about it, they are simply not doing their jobs.

Besides, the idea that game breaking bugs will be alleviated post-release with patches is not a guarantee. Look at Bethesda games. If reviewers cut devs slack on the functionality of their games, they will have less reason to fix those problems.

its not about cutting devs slack or not, im just thinking in the point of view of a gamer. Is the rating lower because of bugs, or is it because the game isn't that good in general? Now I have to go check out youtube reviews in a few weeks to see if the game is worth buying, because the gamespot review doesn't make it clear.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3257 Posts

Wow I didn't think that Watch Dogs Legion would score higher than Cyberpunk 2077.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@seba20007 said:

Cyberpunk 2077 dangerous to play 🤣😂

Loading Video...

Pointless video. I think pretty much every video game ever made after the late '90s has a "Be aware this may cause seizures to some individuals, etc." message when you boot it up.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

I heard the game can can be finished in 15-20 hours.

Also shorter than Witcher 3, which in not long.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@lebanese_boy said:

@davillain-: Holy crap I loved Ghost in the Shell and I didn't even think of that!

CDPR got the inspiration from Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner, and even Alita: Battle Angels but also from games like Deus-Ex & System Shock is how Cyberpunk 2077 came to be. But this game is more in line with Ghost in the Shell & Blade Runner and I'm hoping I can make my character more in line with Major.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#347 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

@me2002 said:

The IGN review also says about 15-20 hours on their first playthrough. However they said they played through several more times and got access to side-quests that they were locked out of the first time due to things they said or did to NPC's, and as of now found six different endings.

So, if you focus on the main campaign this is a fairly short RPG. But if you do multiple playthroughs, or just like to fap about in open world games, then there is a lot more going on.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 DaVillain  Moderator

@judaspete said:
@me2002 said:

The IGN review also says about 15-20 hours on their first playthrough. However they said they played through several more times and got access to side-quests that they were locked out of the first time due to things they said or did to NPC's, and as of now found six different endings.

So, if you focus on the main campaign this is a fairly short RPG. But if you do multiple playthroughs, or just like to fap about in open world games, then there is a lot more going on.

Its really 30 hours is what I was told but 40 more hours if you focus on side quest. It all depends on your playstyle but when I played The Witcher 3 for the first time, it took me a month to complete the game as I was doing lots of side quest.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Gamespot should get an actual reviewer to review the game. Kallie shouldn't of been anywhere near this game

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

People flipping out about this are being stupid. A 7/10 is still good. Reviewer voices frustration with glitches. And overall the collective reception is overwhmingly positive when taking all reviews into account. The 40 minute video discussion has a lot more of an in depth discussion to point out game's strength and flaws. This review will be inconsequential as game likely to still sell well. GS will still likely devote a lot of coverage to it.

Honestly, diversity of opinions is something missing from gaming journalism for years. I get more upset when reviewers at large shit on a game that has more redeeming qualities than anybody cares to admit or never took time or effort to discover, or when everyone praises an awful game either to conform or too afraid to suffer backlash.

And nothing in this review or coverage says there's a heavy handed social-political motive involved here. Rather it's those jumping to such conclusions that seem to be making this even an issue.

This whole thing where reviewers and YouTubers and public regurgitate the same talking points and opinions really ruins gaming journalism and social networks. It's an obnoxious echo-chamber where nobody ever tries to give an honest opinion, just conform to the stronger prevailing attitudes.

The issue isn't really the score. It's for the fact that a so called professional reviewer didn't even play the game as it should be nor view it as such, The fact that the only negative that sticks is the Bugs and everything else that she thought was negative is mind numbing dumb and selfish towards her own views.

A reviewer must look at a piece of Art for what it is not what they want. If they want something different they can either Make it themselves or give feedback to the creator if able too. While you can justify ones opinion, her justifications were stupid, And unprofessional, especially when she didn't even play the game properly.

To me I never look at numbers but listen to whats being said but when whats being said make no coherent sense and the very core of the game wasn't being used because they rushed it is so unprofessional. Not only for the reviewer but GameSpot in general.