Cyberpunk 2077 is near the release day and what better way to get all hype now! GS Reviews gives it 7/10!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3317 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Is this the full vid or conversation or someone just taking a tiny snippet to make her look stupid?

It looks like the latter to be honest.

I mean, if you are playing a game and don't feel compelled to upgrade, explore or engage with the world.

Then yea, that is a problem.

Why do I have a feeling that TheQuartering is going to make a video about her again.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#353  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

@BlackShirt20 said:

How do you review a game you did nothing play and claim you’re creditable.

Do your fucking job. Liberals don’t work. How do gaming industries hire these worthless people? Kallie should be fired. Has nothing to do with her giving the game a average score. The game could very well be a 7.

But we will never know because this turd gaming “journalist” didn’t even play the fucking game and lied to the audience. She was completely dishonest and should be fired.

What a joke. Gamespot get your shit together.

How did she not play the game? Yeah, her take was straight up taking offence on certain issues, but she played the game.

I disagree with the need to inject political correctness into everyting as well, but she played the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@BlackShirt20: “Liberals don’t work”

Here we go...

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#355  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26119 Posts

@MirkoS77: Luckily, the reviewer touched on all of those points at length. But it's certainly not irrelevant, that one part is just as important as all the other parts the reviewer covered, since they are part of the game. Whether or not the game fetishes people is just as valid and relevant topic of discussion around the game as the fact that it causes seizures and how it is wildly unfinished and riddled with bugs.

Also, a game (or any work of art) having controversial stuff in it is commendable only if it has a message to say. Always has been, ever since before stuff like this happened.

To say a review can't talk about something is absurd, and considering you spontaneously started talking about you being sick of people complaining of sexual harassment, then you are probably someone that would benefit the most from reading and participating in discussions around such topics.

@BlackShirt20 said:

How do you review a game you did not even play

Didn't even finish a sentence before self-owning.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#357  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17705 Posts

@Willy105 said:

@MirkoS77: Luckily, the reviewer touched on all of those points at length. But it's certainly not irrelevant, that one part is just as important as all the other parts the reviewer covered, since they are part of the game. Whether or not the game fetishes people is just as valid and relevant topic of discussion around the game as the fact that it causes seizures and how it is wildly unfinished and riddled with bugs.

Also, a game (or any work of art) having controversial stuff in it is commendable only if it has a message to say. Always has been, ever since before stuff like this happened.

To say a review can't talk about something is absurd, and considering you spontaneously started talking about you being sick of people complaining of sexual harassment, then you are probably someone that would benefit the most from reading and participating in discussions around such topics.

I'm not arguing they can't talk about it, I'm saying that the reviewer's moral discernment towards the game's content isn't a given towards its quality.

Who are they to claim that "the incorporation of different cultures and backgrounds is wildly inconsistent, from good to inaccurate to downright offensive"? Is this person an expert on various cultures? Are they the arbiter of what's to be deemed offensive? I haven't played CP2077 obviously so my argument can only go so far, but this strikes me presumptuous.

For an example, I believe TLoU II has strong LGBT agenda that it's pushing, and while I don't disagree with the politics themselves, I disagree with agendas. Yet I wouldn't include this in the ultimate determination towards my final critique because this aspect doesn't affect the game detrimentally in what it does. TLoU II is a phenomenally crafted game, but I believe it nevertheless deserves a 7 not because of the agenda, but because the execution of its storytelling is flawed on various fronts. I would be unfair to the game (and to those I was reviewing it for) to let my subjectivity skew my final judgement.

The reason I take issue with this is because some have become so sensitive to the slightest perceived grievance to ANYTHING. I'm again, sick of tired of living in a world where we can no longer poke fun at stereotypes and laugh at our differences in good humor, and have to instead walk on glass to anything that even approaches the realm of impropriety. It's gone way too overboard, and many reviewers today are part of this outrage mob. CDPR isto be commended for not kowtowing to these snowflakes, which they already have to a degree, but having gotten an inch, these people want a mile.

Read ERA's CP2077 OT thread. Its preface is ridiculously patronizing, and apparently to them this developer is a house of bigots that must be burnt down.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#358 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@BlackShirt20: chill please - we have limits on how staff are treated here.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

@AcidTango said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Is this the full vid or conversation or someone just taking a tiny snippet to make her look stupid?

I mean, if you are playing a game and don't feel compelled to upgrade, explore or engage with the world.

Why do I have a feeling that TheQuartering is going to make a video about her again.

He made one lol

Loading Video...

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3317 Posts

@seba20007 said:
@AcidTango said:
@uninspiredcup said:

He made one lol

Loading Video...

Of course lol. Why am I not surprised? He is the most predicable hack on the internet.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50714 Posts

Why would people say she didn't play it?

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#362 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13566 Posts

Why is TheQuartering popular again?

Anyway, I think I'll see what the overall consensus is from friends and other reviewers in the gaming press and on YouTube. Maybe I'll play it during the holidays but I doubt it will be on sale anytime soon.

FYI SWs: a 7/10 is a good score.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1848 Posts

Omg most people here are such cry babies with fragile egos going extremely misogynistic and awkward over a girl who underscored their hyped game. 😒

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Dayum, she's hawt.

Anyways, I was thinking the game went live in an hour or so, only to realize it's TOMORROW night. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

You realize shes under fire because she said a pokemon game had too much water in it right? So she gave a game 7/10 because there was just too much water. She's done this crap multiple times now in reviews its gettin old.

She reportedly played cyberpunk 2077 for only 50 hours when most people have 1000's of hours into witcher 3 this girl didn't play barely anything thats just like beating gta 5's campaign in 15 hours and not doing any of the open world stuff or just having fun in the world what a waste. She said she skipped a whole bunch of stuff in quarterings video why your a paid reviewer skipping tons of the game? Its just your job to review that stuff if gamer whos buying wants to skip it thats fine your a paid reviewer do your job.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@ProtossRushX: OMG this is the too much water Pokemon reviewer, I didn't realized it because she was with IGN back then. LOL.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By seba20007

@EZs:

@EZs said:

@ProtossRushX: OMG this is the too much water Pokemon reviewer, I didn't realized it because she was with IGN back then. LOL.

She also reviewed Days Gone. She complained about albino zombies, basically too many white zombies lol. Not enough race diversity in albino zombies.

Its not in this review but she mentioned it on her Twitter page. Looks like it has been deleted.

I found her tweets in this video:

https://youtu.be/8JrEF9CNOd4 8min

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/days-gone-review-farewell-oregon/1900-6417130/

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#369  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59478 Posts
@Seabas989 said:

Right?

Barrages 3 videos a day, typically aimed at woman. Where it's 10 minutes of dead air trying to be filled with the ultimate point to shill and beg, like dignity isn't a thing.

Has something like 60 videos on Brie Larson and like, multiple on that Pokimane this week.

Appeals to Elliot Rodger type people.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#370 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7720 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@Seabas989 said:

Right?

Barrages 3 videos a day, typically aimed at woman. Where it's 10 minutes of dead air tying to be filled with the ultimate point to shill and beg, like dignity isn't a thing.

Has something like 60 videos on Brie Larson and like, multiple on that Pokimane this week.

Appeals to Elliot Rodger type people.

Not familiar with the channel, but sounds like the guy should seek some professional help

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@seba20007: thanks for sharing, saw the bit at 8m. I'll be watching the entire video.

This is sensational!

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I love how morons who were giving TLoU2 0/10 reviews for their own political reasons now defend that the reviewer shouldn't be allowed to express her own opinion on her own review. That's hilarious!

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@xantufrog: All I am saying is maybe the “staff around here” should do their job. Game Spot is a gaming media outlet. You cover gaming news and assigned a “gaming journalist” to review the biggest game of the year and she hardly played it and instead of putting in the work to give people an honest review of the game, she half assed it and screwed around.

Game Spot is fake news. Kallie is fake news. I wouldn’t care if she gave it a 1/10, as long as she actually played the game and was honest about her experience, even if the game is judged by a liberal checklist of requirements that must be met. Just be honest and don’t mislead the people who look for information and want to know more about games they are interested in.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#374  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@ghost_of_phobos said:

I love how morons who were giving TLoU2 0/10 reviews for their own political reasons now defend that the reviewer shouldn't be allowed to express her own opinion on her own review. That's hilarious!

TLOU2 was trash and it didn't have anything to do with political reasons, it was horribly written and the story was top tier garbage at best. What they did to Elle and Joels characters was a crime against humanity.

Meanwhile this trash tier of a reviewer who did the 2077 review, not only knocked down a Pokemon game for

and my personal favorite, the time she did the Days Gone review and complained about too many White Zombies, so not only does she show complete ignorance at her job she has shown she has a sexist/racial agenda as well.

I don't care that she gave 2077 a 7/10, I do care that her review was looked like it was done by a 18 year old Cali Starbucks Barista who wants to be a art grad and did a review for War and Peace and only read 60 pages.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe

@Ballroompirate: LOL wtf is Alannah Pierce in that image of a review she didn't make?? Jesus LMAO! You don't even know what you are talking about, just repeating dumb shit you saw on the internet. You incels killed me!!

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 seba20007

@Ballroompirate: 👍

Gamespot journalism is dead

Reviewed by Kallie Plagge:

Days Gone-Too many white albino zombies

Pokemon-Too much water

Cyberpunk 2077-Too much RPG

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

You realize shes under fire because she said a pokemon game had too much water in it right? So she gave a game 7/10 because there was just too much water. She's done this crap multiple times now in reviews its gettin old.

She reportedly played cyberpunk 2077 for only 50 hours when most people have 1000's of hours into witcher 3 this girl didn't play barely anything thats just like beating gta 5's campaign in 15 hours and not doing any of the open world stuff or just having fun in the world what a waste. She said she skipped a whole bunch of stuff in quarterings video why your a paid reviewer skipping tons of the game? Its just your job to review that stuff if gamer whos buying wants to skip it thats fine your a paid reviewer do your job.

Dude, that's stupid. 50 hours is PLENTY to give an informed opinion. What could possibly occur in the game after 50 hours that would have any substantial impact on the score? Comparing play time to TW3 is just nonsensical.

It's by design that people wont play every side mission or engage with every game mechanic - it's a game about choice, after all. If you look into other people's experiences with CP2077, a lot of them are saying there's not much incentive to play as a stealth/non-combative character because you aren't really rewarded for it and guns are so overpowered. To make the claim that if she did more crafting or did a few more side-missions her opinion would drastically change to a 9 or a 10 is pure desperation.

People getting so upset over a 7/10 score is just pathetic, and listening to adult men get triggered by it, such as that loser "TheQaurtering", is just sad...

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
@ghost_of_phobos said:

Yep, it's pretty funny.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 Ballroompirate

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@Ballroompirate: LOL wtf is Alannah Pierce in that image of a review she didn't make?? Jesus LMAO! You don't even know what you are talking about, just repeating dumb shit you saw on the internet. You incels killed me!!

She was apart of the **** show at IGN that is why, everywhere she goes she starts drama. Also I'm glad you simps still ignored Kallies sexist/racial comments in Days Gone and her high quality Pokemon review which had to be redone cause it was that bad.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 Ballroompirate
@seba20007 said:

@Ballroompirate: 👍

Gamespot journalism is dead

Reviewed by Kallie Plagge:

Days Gone-Too many white albino zombies

Pokemon-Too much water

Cyberpunk 2077-Too much RPG

-Too much side quests that can change the game and the ending, didn't bother doing

She'd known that if she didn't spend most of those 50 hours using instagram and or Tictok (most likely).

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ivangrozny: Who's crying? Most are pointing out how horrible of a "reviewer" she is and are giving great examples to back it up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@Ballroompirate: You're the drama queen and accuse people of causing drama, that's funny.

Alannah Pierce has absolutely nothing to do with that review. She's guilty of what, being a woman and work in the same company? Yet you made that post because you know nothing about what you are talking about, you just repeating shit your incel brothers are spewing. And regardless of the meme (which was funny, no doubt) any idiot reading the Pokemon review would understand why "Too much water" was actually a valid criticism to the game. That's the problem of drones like you, you just go where people point you to, completely incapable of your own thoughts.

As for the reviewer, guess what? I don't like her reviews because she doesn't represents my own concerns when reviewing a game. But guess what too, I don't have to be a fucking piece of shit because a reviewer doesn't cater to me specifically. That's the value of reviews, having a multiplicity of opinions and then consumers go where they relate to because OBVIOUSLY not every person cares about the same things.

It's just incredible how a bunch of snowflakes have turned gaming into this incredibly toxic cesspool. Don't like her work, don't give her clicks, don't read her reviews. By all means go click on that TheQuartering **** who turns such a good profit out of idiots like you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@PernicioEnigma: Normally 50 hours would be sufficient to produce a legitimate review of a game, but in this case it isn't. Most of her complaints are due to the fact that she skipped over a large part of what makes the game coherent. Nobody is saying she should have done everything, but she admits to not changing clothes and just not participating in content from the game.

Let's face it, she was actively looking for things to bring the game down. It's obvious when you read the review. I don't care about the number she gave, but her heart wasn't in it from the start. People who enjoy games deserve better than the job she did here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@briguyb13: Looking it up on HLTB, the main story of Cyberpunk sits at 17h to beat. Main Story + Extras is 41h. So I would say that 50H is a pretty reasonable time to spend in a game that would take you 17h to just main it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@briguyb13: Looking it up on HLTB, the main story of Cyberpunk sits at 17h to beat. Main Story + Extras is 41h. So I would say that 50H is a pretty reasonable time to spend in a game that would take you 17h to just main it.

That sounds right, but she openly admitted in The Quartering's video he showed of a GS podcast that she skipped most of the extra activities. Something doesn't add up here.

Just checked the description under the review and it says she did side quests, but in her podcast she says she never changed clothes are altered weapons etc.

And then she wrote this:

"There's so much to do that isn't meaningful, so a lot of it ends up feeling superfluous"

And that doesn't make sense for an RPG. At all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe

@briguyb13: I would definitely listen to the original source over a bit from an highly biased Youtube channel. It's easy to pick a specific thing out of context to discredit a person's work and integrity.

Edit: As in, she did changed her clothes, she bought clothes once but did most of her customisation by stealing clothes from dead people. Which to me it's a total legitimate way to approach the game.

Edit 2: The "There's so much to do that isn't meaningful, so a lot of it ends up feeling superfluous" I think it comes from the game early on creating a sense of urgency in the player and then throwing a bunch of stuff for you to engage with, which is at odds with what the game's "world" is asking of you. Which, if true, I find absolutely incredible that CDPR made such a basic structural mistake.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24003 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

That sounds right, but she openly admitted in The Quartering's video he showed of a GS podcast that she skipped most of the extra activities. Something doesn't add up here.

Just checked the description under the review and it says she did side quests, but in her podcast she says she never changed clothes are altered weapons etc.

And then she wrote this:

"There's so much to do that isn't meaningful, so a lot of it ends up feeling superfluous"

It does though. RPG is no excuse for content bloat.

If we want RPG to be anything more than the worst genre out there, they have to kill a lot of their bad habits.

I like RPGs the ones that actually allow you to roleplay are a guilty pleasure of mine, but holy crap does the genre have a lot of problems.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

And then she wrote this:

If we want RPG to be anything more than the worst genre out there, they have to kill a lot of their bad habits.

I like RPGs the ones that actually allow you to roleplay are a guilty pleasure of mine, but holy crap does the genre have a lot of problems.

No we need meaty, great characters with awesome arcs, great long MEATY rpg story where your get your moneys worth, great turn based RPG action no more real time battle systems leave those action games.

RPG is about value you get value everywhere there better bigger games they own everything else thats how they should be it shouldn't adapt to idiot and low common denominator rpg's aren't for those people.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24003 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@Maroxad said:
@briguyb13 said:
@ghost_of_phobos said:

And then she wrote this:

No we need meaty, great characters with awesome arcs, great long MEATY rpg story where your get your moneys worth, great turn based RPG action no more real time battle systems leave those action games.

RPG is about value you get value everywhere there better bigger games they own everything else thats how they should be it shouldn't adapt to idiot and low common denominator rpg's aren't for those people.

RPGs are about value? Then why are Undertale, Chrono Trigger, Mother 3 and Fallout considered some of the best RPGs ever made?

I agree though on your Turn Based comment, the abstract nature of RPGs make Turn Based the best way to deal with combat in these types of games.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By Ballroompirate

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@Ballroompirate: You're the drama queen and accuse people of causing drama, that's funny.

Alannah Pierce has absolutely nothing to do with that review. She's guilty of what, being a woman and work in the same company? Yet you made that post because you know nothing about what you are talking about, you just repeating shit your incel brothers are spewing. And regardless of the meme (which was funny, no doubt) any idiot reading the Pokemon review would understand why "Too much water" was actually a valid criticism to the game. That's the problem of drones like you, you just go where people point you to, completely incapable of your own thoughts.

As for the reviewer, guess what? I don't like her reviews because she doesn't represents my own concerns when reviewing a game. But guess what too, I don't have to be a fucking piece of shit because a reviewer doesn't cater to me specifically. That's the value of reviews, having a multiplicity of opinions and then consumers go where they relate to because OBVIOUSLY not every person cares about the same things.

It's just incredible how a bunch of snowflakes have turned gaming into this incredibly toxic cesspool. Don't like her work, don't give her clicks, don't read her reviews. By all means go click on that TheQuartering **** who turns such a good profit out of idiots like you.

Simps simping hard I can see XD

Literally the context of the Pokemon review

"On November 18th, 2014, IGN published its review of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire for Nintendo 3DS by IGN, which praised the title's gorgeous CG details and post-game easter eggs, while listing the overabundance of HMs (hidden machines) and water as its cons. The game received a rating of 7.8 out of 10. Given the geographical setting of Omega Ruby and Sapphire in Hoenn, a fictional region consisting of many islands and waterways"

Sapphire in Hoenn, a fictional region consisting of many islands and waterways

Cons- Too Much water

For a MF game that takes place on Islands XD

Like I said she's trash at best, I don't care what she gives 2077 or other games. If she was even a mediocre journalist worth a penny she could have knocked Sapphire down with "Not enough Biomes or Locations" BAM that would have stopped the hate train of making her look like a complete hack at her job. It's like going to the Doctors for uncontrollable diarrhea and the Doctor proscribes you spicy chili with extra beans...

Then there's her sexist/racist Days Gone review...tells me a lot about you if you defend her on that one.

Now for the 2077 review, honestly cool she gave it a 7, I DGAF but when you AGAIN write a review that contradicts whats in the game or happens in the game you throw all the credibility out whether you're male or a female journalist I don't care, you just half **** your job.

Taken from her review

• There's so much to do that isn't meaningful, so a lot of it ends up feeling superfluous

Which is weird that other reviewers/people who got it early say the opposite, that certain side quests can impact quests, how people feel about you and even the ending and if you're gonna knock a game for too much content for a Fantasy RPG, god forbid she ever reviews a Basketball game and for a Con has "NBA2077 I give it a 7/10 for Too Much Basketball"

• Superficial and often "edgy" aesthetic choices often have no real purpose, which makes them grating rather than adding anything relevant to the world

I just did the biggest face palm/eye roll I've ever done

• The incorporation of different cultures and backgrounds is wildly inconsistent, from good to inaccurate to downright offensive

Smells like a SJW/Political Correct agenda aka Days Gone 2.0.....hmmmm...yet she saying too many white zombies isn't offensive, oh the irony

• The main story doesn't cohere with the rest of the game, with an urgency that's at odds with everything else

Another thing everyone else that has ether played it or got the chance to review it has said the opposite, except for maybe Giantbomb which most of it is towards certain characters, which is kinda weird cause the story of said character is a character from the 90's in the lore/story who I won't spoil incase that people don't know. So his attitude is actually on par what you expect from a person in that era and what he did.

Also I find it funny you assume I watched Thequatering for this ****show to pop up, nah other youtubers are covering it as well :P

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#391 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Will get it despite any reviews.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17705 Posts

I wish these discussions wouldn't devolve so quickly into dismissals of "simp" and "incel", depending on the side.

Whether people want to admit it or not, activist journalism, at least in my view, has been on an increase over these past years. Calling out political bullshit in a review or game doesn't make someone an incel, and not calling it out doesn't make one a simp. It actually exists and is worthwhile to discuss.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#393 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70661 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

More like an agenda.

Agenda/opinion, it doesn't change anything. They can do whatever they like in their review.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 Pedro
@worknow222 said:

The issue isn't really the score. It's for the fact that a so called professional reviewer didn't even play the game as it should be nor view it as such, The fact that the only negative that sticks is the Bugs and everything else that she thought was negative is mind numbing dumb and selfish towards her own views.

A reviewer must look at a piece of Art for what it is not what they want. If they want something different they can either Make it themselves or give feedback to the creator if able too. While you can justify ones opinion, her justifications were stupid, And unprofessional, especially when she didn't even play the game properly.

To me I never look at numbers but listen to whats being said but when whats being said make no coherent sense and the very core of the game wasn't being used because they rushed it is so unprofessional. Not only for the reviewer but GameSpot in general.

Now game bugs are forgivable?🤔

Reviews are now selfish and not supposed to be their view?🤔

You haven't played the game but critiquing someone for "didn't even play the game as it should". 🤔

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe

@Ballroompirate: Yeah, you're kinda REALLY bad at this.

"On November 18th, 2014, IGN published its review of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire for Nintendo 3DS by IGN, which praised the title's gorgeous CG details and post-game easter eggs, while listing the overabundance of HMs (hidden machines) and water as its cons. The game received a rating of 7.8 out of 10. Given the geographical setting of Omega Ruby and Sapphire in Hoenn, a fictional region consisting of many islands and waterways"

Quoting Know your meme does not equate to "Literally the context of the Pokemon review", as you put it. What's wrong with you, that's pathetic! Too much water in fact relates to the unbalanced design of the game (inherited from the original title), which is in fact a criticism most Pokemon players had for the game.

But hey, as you are a moron that posts stuff online without knowing anything about what you're complaining about, here's the actual video of Alannah Pierce you linked before, where she actually talks about the meme. You could have saved a lot of embarrassment if you at least watched stuff before you post.

Loading Video...

Regarding the "albino Zombies" it was not on her Days Gone review. I really do get the feeling you are just repeating random shit you catch online and have no clue about. That comment is from a tweet she made. Which to be fair, from our interactions you seem like the kind of person who says a lot of stupid shit and would be unfair to have people stalking you and harassing you because of that.

But hey, as a bonus I'll point you to her Death Stranding review, that's really cringe worthy. Show that to your incel friends.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

*after 2 days... rant incoming*

So sick of this shit every time a hyped game comes out.

You haven't played it.

And even if you had, the reviewer is entitled to have a different opinion from you - in fact, I don't want to sit in an echo chamber listening to everyone who agrees with me.

I say this as someone who preordered and is psyched to play the game.

I don't understand how some people are so immature and/or intent on forcing their world view down everyone's throats under the veil of "others expressing their view is forcing it down my throat". When you demand people conform to your view and express your opinion (in your case, based on hype and trailers and not even experience!) its you who are forcing an agenda (or wanting to). You don't like her world view? You should follow a reviewer who speaks to your tastes, rather than demanding she be silenced. That's freaking authoritarianism - of internet reviews of toys no less. Hard to see that in a more pathetic light.

It's exhausting - as a moderator who has to wade through your bullshit, but also just as a gamer. Stop advocating censorship and spouting nonsense about bias while obliviously throwing a temper tantrum about censorship and demanding bias.

&^%$.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 Pedro

@xantufrog said:

I don't understand how some people are so immature and/or intent on forcing their world view down everyone's throats under the veil of "others expressing their view is forcing it down my throat".

**Record scratch sound effect** Do you know where you are?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 xantufrog  Moderator

@Pedro: lol, I know. But the truth is I think a lot of people come here to have fun and vent steam by adopting a fanboy mentality. It's very depressing to see so many people go beyond that.

And the thing is - for people who think I'm overreacting, you can only read the posts we haven't removed. You should see some of the things people have said... it's... really depressing. Even if the users posting those things are the minimum age for GS (13y/o) it's depressing

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@seba20007 said:
@AcidTango said:
@uninspiredcup said:

He made one lol

Loading Video...

This person is a 100% correct about this reviewer on Gamestop. She is absolutely terrible at her job and he even caught her lying in her review. Seriously why is she reviewing games when she doesn't even know how to review games. It is seriously sad the pool of reviewers Gamespot has now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 Pedro

@xantufrog said:

@Pedro: lol, I know. But the truth is I think a lot of people come here to have fun and vent steam by adopting a fanboy mentality. It's very depressing to see so many people go beyond that.

And the thing is - for people who think I'm overreacting, you can only read the posts we haven't removed. You should see some of the things people have said... it's... really depressing. Even if the users posting those things are the minimum age for GS (13y/o) it's depressing

Its a natural progression. There are a few that actually just have fun in SW, there are others that take this shit seriously, so it is not surprising to see this kind of reaction.