Cyberpunk 2077 is near the release day and what better way to get all hype now! GS Reviews gives it 7/10!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#251 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Listening to the yongyea review, it seems like there's a glitch that makes your upper body clothing randomly disappear when playing as a female V. Some may call this a glitch. Others would consider it as a bundled in mod 🙃

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50647 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@Willy105 said:

@ProtossRushX: It's all about how its presented.

For example, no one would say a movie showing slaves doing work for slave owners is pro-abolitionist simply for showing slaves. Representation is about positive examples, not negative.

How are they supposed to show "positive examples" of anything in a dystopian society like CP? It's similar to the GTA V review when the journalist said there were no positive examples of women, but it's GTA--a series were EVERYONE is portrayed in a negative light on purpose.

Because these people don't care about context.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#253 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@Willy105 said:

For example, no one would say a movie showing slaves doing work for slave owners is pro-abolitionist simply for showing slaves. Representation is about positive examples, not negative.

How are they supposed to show "positive examples" of anything in a dystopian society like CP? It's similar to the GTA V review when the journalist said there were no positive examples of women, but it's GTA--a series were EVERYONE is portrayed in a negative light on purpose.

That’s the whole point. Something portraying stuff about people that they can’t change in a negative light on purpose.

Imagine if a game came out that portrayed white men in a negative light on purpose, I’m sure many of the critics of the reviews mentioning the issues of Cyberpunk would suddenly be looking for more reviews pointing the injustice out.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Maybe this is the game and these are the devs that finally get the public to cut developers some slack when they are trying to put out large ambitious open world games.

These things are complicated with a billion moving pieces. Bugs are going to happen.... all the extra time and budget in the world will not cure you from bugs. There is just no way to replicate a world wide release when you are beta testing.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11698 Posts

@Willy105 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@Willy105 said:

That’s the whole point. Something portraying stuff about people that they can’t change in a negative light on purpose.

Imagine if a game came out that portrayed white men in a negative light on purpose, I’m sure many of the critics of the reviews mentioning the issues of Cyberpunk would suddenly be looking for more reviews pointing the injustice out.

Plenty of games show white men in a bad light, they are the antagonists in 90% of games it seems after all. You also seem to be asking for 1 dimensional representation. Which is not only boring, it will also get heavily criticized.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#256 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@hardwenzen: oh man, that comments section...

Makes us look civilized up in here

I don't know if you've been to the comments section often but in general I find SW to be much cleaner. Toxicity is something I often saw in the comments for articles/games that even remotely touch social/political subjects.

I think some users post mainly or exclusively on articles/reviews, like that videogameninja guy.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 hardwenzen

@lebanese_boy said:
@xantufrog said:

@hardwenzen: oh man, that comments section...

Makes us look civilized up in here

I don't know if you've been to the comments section often but in general I find SW to be much cleaner. Toxicity is something I often saw in the comments for articles/games that even remotely touch social/political subjects.

I think some users post mainly or exclusively on articles/reviews, like that videogameninja guy.

CP2077 ain't got crap on TLOU2 comment section and i was one of the only ones defending the game in there. It was a very interesting experience.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#258 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14944 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

I don't understand how the games transphobic its got transgender options this is a huge leap most games ignore them completely even the most politically correct sjw games last of us 2 didn't have any trans stuff.

They have a trans character and they do him not so well.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Willy105 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@Willy105 said:

So it's not about judging the game for what it is, but what it isn't? I don't think it's fair to knock a game for not being what someone else wants it to be.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

All the complaints about this game seems to be coming from blue checkmarks and woke journalists because it is just a video game and not a political statement. These are the same people who want to give TLOU2 GOTY based on having LGBT characters alone no matter how ridiculously awful the story telling was.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#261 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

no matter how ridiculously awful the story telling was.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#262 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59290 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@lebanese_boy said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Resetera suppressing all discussion of the game outside of it being transphobic is wild. I knew that place was bad, but this has me amazed.

Do you have a link to those discussions?

This was 12 minutes after the Review Thread was created. The only threads that are currently allowed other than a silly thread bitching about how hard it is to get a refund for Cyberpunk on PSN, are the CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them

lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By hardwenzen

lmao and here i was thinking of making an account on resetera. Nonono. No thanks.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Cyberpunk is a game for the alphas. I hope the delicate little snowflakes over at Reeesetera have a good cry over this "transphobic" game being the biggest hit of the year. CDPR just swung harder on those losers than Abby did on Joel.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By seba20007
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

It all started with Anita Sarkeesian. She wanted to be a sjw lgbtq+ consultant but cdprojekt red told her to pound sand and of course the problem is that cdprojekt red didn’t bend the knee to the bat shit crazies at resetera.

https://twitter.com/anitasarkeesian/status/1140137414381322240?lang=en

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

Just came in here to see if the people who waited so long for this game are okay.

Yeah, why wouldn't I be. I pre-ordered the game and I expect a lot of fun.

When most of the major gaming review sites gave Halo 2 (or was it Halo 3?) 10/10, 100/100 etc, I don't take review scores seriously anymore.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#268 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@Pedro said:

Some of you all are full of it. When would you all accept that there is literally no standards for reviews. Why do you all pretend as if there is only when you read reviews with point of views you disagree with? This isn't new and isn't going to change. Reviewers have downgraded games for a host of various reasons. Time for gamers to accept that reviews in their current state are just opinion pieces.

It's a sad day when journalists take off points for political reasons.

These people hate everything about our culture and want to dismantle it.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By seba20007

@philemono: Her consulting really did wonders for Anthem, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Mirrors Edge 2. I think she also did some consulting on destiny 2 and tlou2

Loading Video...

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 IgGy621985

@R4gn4r0k said:
@seba20007 said:

@R4gn4r0k:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-preview

Ouch!!!!

According to this, the system requirments that CD Projekt red put forward are one big lie.

Damn. Guess my Vega 56 isn't gonna cut it

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 seba20007

@IgGy621985:

Review copies have Denuvo, launch copies will be drm free.

https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1336066826233651202

FYI: Cyberpunk currently has DRM that is only active for reviewers and is known to reduce performance. Will not be active on launch day, therefore any testing published today will not accurately reflect launch performance. CDPR warned us of this, so we are waiting for launch day.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 IgGy621985

@seba20007 said:

@IgGy621985:

Review copies have Denuvo, launch copies will be drm free.

https://twitter.com/GamersNexus/status/1336066826233651202

FYI: Cyberpunk currently has DRM that is only active for reviewers and is known to reduce performance. Will not be active on launch day, therefore any testing published today will not accurately reflect launch performance. CDPR warned us of this, so we are waiting for launch day.

Ah, that explains it. Was gonna upgrade to 3060 Ti next year anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#273  Edited By deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

Watches the Easy Allies discussion about it which isn't a review but just discussing their thoughts and experiences. That has made me more exciting for it now, it seems like the world is incredibly immersive and well constructed.

The bugs though....god I hope they sort that shit out.

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By seba20007
Loading Video...

😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Never changed gear, didn’t craft, didn’t do side quests, not interested in combat, didn’t touch gun attachments, has no clue about inventory, didn’t like dystopia, cops bad lol

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23725 Posts

@seba20007:

Now I just want to replay Yoshis Island.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

@seba20007 said:
Loading Video...

😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

lol yeah, to have someone that disinterested reviewing a game like this is pretty pathetic on GS behalf. Why would you get a reviewer who clearly has little interest in RPG's to review one? Good example as to why I never consider GS to produce meaningful content.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#277  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17897 Posts

@netracing said:
@seba20007 said:
Loading Video...

😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

lol yeah, to have someone that disinterested reviewing a game like this is pretty pathetic on GS behalf. Why would you get a reviewer who clearly has little interest in RPG's to review one? Good example as to why I never consider GS to produce meaningful content.

Wow... just wow. What an epic fail by GS. Whoever is in charge these days needs to go. You would never see such poor review assignments under Greg Kasavin's tenure.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By uninspiredcup

@seba20007 said:

It all started with Anita Sarkeesian. She wanted to be a sjw lgbtq+ consultant but cdprojekt red told her to pound sand and of course the problem is that cdprojekt red didn’t bend the knee to the bat shit crazies at resetera.

https://twitter.com/anitasarkeesian/status/1140137414381322240?lang=en

I mean lgbtq are people who exist and obviously deserve respect like anyone else.

But I kinda think Resetera mimicking Nazi Germany and a cabal of far-left reviewers making it to end all, frick yer game brah! is maybe like.. not the way to go about it?

Maybe just mental.

Honestly the thing that sticks out for me the most is the combat. Bit sick of CDP getting a free pass or lines like, "it's an RPG bro!".

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

The comment section of YT video is just gold, pure entertainment.

What are the chances of this getting re-review?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#280 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9893 Posts

@seba20007 said:
Loading Video...

😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Never changed gear, didn’t craft, didn’t do side quests, not interested in combat, didn’t touch gun attachments, has no clue about inventory, didn’t like dystopia, cops bad lol

Barely upgrading the weapons huh 🤔. Wonder what difficulty setting she played on? On the easiest difficulty you are typically not incentivized to use all the mechanics of the game.

One “point“ of trying out the various content is that it is your job.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

@seba20007 said:
Loading Video...

😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

How can any higher up listen to what she's said and go "OK sounds about right"? like wow no quality control, The review was so Bad in substance, and logic it makes Trump look smart with the crud he spews..... I am flabbergasted that anyone looked at the review and would allow it to be published.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By uninspiredcup

@seba20007 said:
Loading Video...

😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Is this the full vid or conversation or someone just taking a tiny snippet to make her look stupid?

It looks like the latter to be honest.

I mean, if you are playing a game and don't feel compelled to upgrade, explore or engage with the world.

Then yea, that is a problem.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 IgGy621985

@seba20007 said:
Loading Video...

😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Like someone in the comments wrote: "Like like like and like I like like because like like it’s like like"

She, like, so eloquently described her opinion about the game.

It's, like, so professional.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 IgGy621985

Then again, she didn't complain about her character being trans, and was forced to have a vagina and female voice or whatever

seba20007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By seba20007

Looks like Japanese reviewers like cp2077

IGN Japan

Masterpiece 10

"Cyberpunk 2077" is an RPG in the Western sense by creating Night City, the most fascinating city in the history of video games, and carefully crossing the lives of the people who lived in that city. In the genre of role-playing games, we have set up a monument like a skyscraper.

https://jp.ign.com/cyberpunk-2077/48777/review/20202077

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By uninspiredcup

@IgGy621985 said:

Like someone in the comments wrote: "Like like like and like I like like because like like it’s like like"

Again. Someone speaking publicly live and someone writing are two different things.

While i'll disregard this review as I've actually read her reviews and Tweets and even looking at that "I don't want to help the police", feel I know exactly what she is all about, far-leftist FF anime hero bringing down Shinra.

We're basically very quickly reaching that point where it goes from saying something is objectively bad, to massive overreaction dog-piling where a bunch of weirdos quickly jump towards harassment trying to find any character flaw possible because they said something no nice about video-game-i-was-looking-forward-to.

At that point, these people become the fucknuts.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 IgGy621985

@uninspiredcup said:
@IgGy621985 said:

Again. Someone speaking publicly live and someone writing are two different things.

While i'll disregard this review as I've actually read her reviews and Tweets and even looking at that "I don't want to help the police", feel I know exactly what she is all about, far-leftist FF anime hero bringing down Shinra.

We're basically very quickly reaching that point where it goes from saying something is objectively bad, to massive overreaction dog-piling where a bunch of weirdos quickly jump towards harassment trying to find any character flaw possible because they said something no nice about video-game-i-was-looking-forward-to.

At that point, these people because the fucknuts.

While I agree with you on that, I do expect some sort of professionalism from a journalist while speaking publicly.

Watching this was way too "laidback" and in the manner, you and I are talking about the game in a pub somewhere.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts

That plagge chick. So, it's not a real review. Gamespot's just suffering from low traffic again.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46601 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:

Damn. Guess my Vega 56 isn't gonna cut it

I was hoping to run this with my 1080ti.

Guess I'll wait until 2025 when the RTX3000 series becomes available.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#290 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

I can't help but worry that all this disproportionate attention on a handful of outlier reviews and a single gaming message board might be distracting from a) that the game has received near-universal acclaim elsewhere, and b) that a few other lukewarm reviews, such as PC Gamer's 78 score, focused squarely on the game's legitimate issues, namely the bugs.

Or maybe I'm getting an exaggerated view of the controversy and I'm worrying too much. Ah, bugger this.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 hardwenzen

Please sit down and think about this little thing for a second. Imagine a world where CP2077 gets a lower score than your yearly trash tier AssCreed (same recycled garbage in a different setting 100% of the time) and this hipster game that everyone has already forgotten, Watch Dogs 3. How messed up is that? And you really do not need to play CP2077 to know that its soooooo much better at absolutely everything because the other two are everything what's wrong with open world games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

@hardwenzen said:

Please sit down and think about this little thing for a second. Imagine a world where CP2077 gets a lower score than your yearly trash tier AssCreed (same recycled garbage in a different setting 100% of the time) and this hipster game that everyone has already forgotten, Watch Dogs 3. How messed up is that? And you really do not need to play CP2077 to know that its soooooo much better at absolutely everything because the other two are everything what's wrong with open world games.

Oh you, so not trolling again ;)

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Oh man, omg, oh, my sides, hahahahahahahaaa, I think GS has called it right this time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 hardwenzen

@netracing said:
@hardwenzen said:

Oh you, so not trolling again ;)

What's so trollish?

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

I'm going to give this game about 6 month before I play it. Give them time to sort some of the bugs out.

I can't wait, no rush.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44247 Posts

Saweeetness, hopefully this means it will hit GamePass in record time. :D

Oh yeah, I'm guessing GS figured if MS is supporting this game then they must do their duty and mug it with a bad review. Par for the course for MS/Xbox hating GS. :P

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

"The incorporation of different cultures and backgrounds is wildly inconsistent, from good to inaccurate to downright offensive"

This gives me immediate pause as to the legitimacy of the review. Will wait for further consensus.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#298 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

@briguyb13:It is criticizing a game for what it is. Like I said, it’s not about a lack of positive portrayal, its about it being a negative portrayal.

@MirkoS77: Why? What about that makes it illegitimate compared to a reviewer that didn’t mention it? Wouldn’t it be the other way around?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

@Willy105: perhaps I misspoke in saying illegitimate, but it’s completely irrelevant.

Who has the right to presume their own political sentiments are detrimental to my enjoyment of the game? I may take issue with it and I may not, but that’s my decision, and in a game review, I’m looking for as an objective ascertainment of the experience as possible. Is the story well told? Is it mechanically well executed? How stable is it? Do choices affect character development? Are upgrades worthwhile? Etc, etc.

That’s what I’m interested in. I honestly couldn’t give a shit less about this reviewer’s personal politics or what they deem as offensive. Whether someone or something is represented properly or whatnot. In a day and age where you can’t even look at someone or compliment them without giving offense or being accused of sexual harassment, I’m sick of it.

CDPR is a company that doesn’t shy away from controversial material in their works, and I think that’s to be commended and encouraged. It also holds the very likely potential of getting hammered by activist critique.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 uninspiredcup

@KiZZo1: Looks alright to me. The fanbioz making it out was one of the best looking games ever were very clearly talking out of their arse from the start. But still wouldn't really call it offensively bad looking.